Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Naya Rivera's Ex and Sister Reportedly Moved in Together to Help Raise Her Son

Naya Rivera's ex-husband, Ryan Dorsey, and her family are working together to help raise the late actress' son. When the Glee star passed away during a boating trip in July, she left behind 5-year-old Josey Dorsey, who she was able to save before she disappeared under the surface of the water. Naya and Ryan shared custody of Josey, but now, her sister has stepped up in a major way to help raise him.

According to The Daily Mail and as covered by Page Six, Ryan and Nickayla Rivera moved into a three-bedroom home together and were seen shopping for household items at a nearby Target. A source told the outlet, "They were fooling around and chatting the whole time. They’re obviously helping lift each other’s spirits." It's great these two can rely on each other and lean on their families to do what's best for Josey.

After authorities confirmed they found Naya's body in California's Lake Piru, Nickayla posted a tribute to her big sister on Instagram. She wrote:

[quote] "Sister,⁣ There are no words to describe my love for you. Side by side or miles apart, our connection is infinite. Our bond is unbreakable. We were complete opposites, yet simultaneously the same. The yin to my yang. I never knew that by losing you, I would find so much of you in myself. ⁣⁣I’ve never known a life without you in it & still can’t imagine it. My world is turned upside down. But through it all, everything we were, we are still. I’ll always look at you with the same eyes as I did when I was young.⁣ My shmaya, I’ll love you for eternity & miss you every second of my life."

Ryan also honored Naya with a post, writing:

[quote] "I'm thankful for our times and our journey that brought us together and gave us the sweetest and kindest smart little boy we could ever hope for...I have hundreds and probably thousands of snaps and videos that Josey will have forever and know his momma loved him more than life, and how much fun we had together as he was growing up. Life is all about good times and bad times but with Josey it makes the bad a little less so because a part of you will always be with us. He'll never forget where he came from. We miss you. We will always love you. Love you Meep."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2020 1:49 AM

Well that's an interesting development.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 2:57 AM

He has that white trash vibe that gets me hard.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 2:59 AM

So NOW Ryan Dorsey cares about Naya?

Weren't they estranged for the past few years?

Attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 2:59 AM

They were fucking before she died.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 3:01 AM

Couldn't she swim? What exactly happened?

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 3:06 AM

So, the third bedroom is an office?

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote] They were fucking before she died.

What, R4?

You're full of it.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 3:10 AM

third bedroom is a future Only Fans studio.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 3:43 AM

Same here, R2.

Ryan Dorsey is HOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 5:23 AM

Are we SURE she's not on the shore? What about the cabins??

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 6:34 AM

R9 Oh, yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 6:47 AM

Trashy.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 6:58 AM

I sure hope Brittany Murphy’s mom isn’t living with them...

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 7:01 AM

CDAN blind from yesterday:

Blind Item #11

The question I think everyone has about this relationship is whether it started before or after the mysterious death of the A-/B+ list actress. If it was before, then that just adds fuel to the fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 7:10 AM

So, would that make this a Columbo episode? Murder She Wrote?

The only way I can filter trailer trash B-list celebrity murder pulp is through the lens of 1980s Hollywood murder-mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 7:33 AM

that's sweet; my dad died when I was young and I watched my mother for 52 years live without him.

I had no father stepping in like they do on TV Just an assholic brother who felt displaced by my presence.

I hope this kid feels some sort of security in his life.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 7:41 AM

Why does this read like a pitch for a late 90s Ashley Judd thriller?

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 7:43 AM

OH MY GOD!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 7:45 AM

In Victorian England it was illegal to marry your deceased wife's sister.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 7:50 AM

DON'T STOP MANIFESTING, R10!!

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 8:08 AM

R19 In most other cultures, the deceased wife’s sister was the first choice because she would love the children and raise them with care. And vice versa, the dead husband’s brother was the first choice for the widow.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 9:31 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 11:41 AM

[quote] In most other cultures, the deceased wife’s sister was the first choice because she would love the children and raise them with care. And vice versa, the dead husband’s brother was the first choice for the widow.

This was the case in ancient Israel, too.

Even so, the real question has already been asked. When did they actually get together?

This is very fishy.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2020 12:47 PM

Naya Rivera's sister, Nickayla Rivera, is asking for "compassion" following a report that claimed she and her sister's ex-husband, Ryan Dorsey, have moved in to a new home together.

The model did not confirm or deny the report, instead emphasizing that her main priority is Naya's son, Josey. "In the darkest time of my life, the only thing that is important is my friends & family," she wrote on her Instagram Story. "Showing up for my nephew, even though I can't show up for myself."

Nickayla seemingly referenced Monday's headlines, stating that she's "not concerned with the way things look because no one can see each agonizing moment we all endure."

The model continued, "What matters most I've learned, is to show compassion, not to judge others, & never take a moment of life for granted. I hope you all do the same."

Ryan has not commented on the situation.

Dorsey and Rivera were married for two years, but divorced in 2016, just a year after they welcomed Josey. They maintained an amicable relationship.

Following their split, the pair co-parented their baby boy, with a source previously telling E! News that prior to Naya's death she said that they "finally had a great co-parenting system worked out."

Ryan appeared to share that same joy, writing in his tribute to Naya, "I'm thankful for our times and our journey that brought us together and gave us the sweetest and kindest smart little boy we could ever hope for."

Dorsey maintains full custody of the 5-year-old.

It's been over two months since Naya accidentally drowned while swimming with her son at a California lake on July 8. According to an investigative and autopsy report, the actress saved her son in her final moments, with Josey telling authorities that she pushed him back onto the boat before disappearing in the water.

The Glee star was laid to rest in a private funeral attended by her family at Forest Lawn Memorial Park cemetery in Hollywood Hills, Calif. on July 24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote] Naya Rivera's sister, Nickayla Rivera, is asking for "compassion" following a report that claimed she and her sister's ex-husband, Ryan Dorsey, have moved in to a new home together.

Somehow I think that if Naya were alive, she would have called her sister a cheating, back-stabbing slut whore!

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 1:08 PM

Drain Lake Piru!

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2020 1:46 PM

It happens. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2020 1:48 PM

How did broke Nika get a much better nosejob than Naya?

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2020 1:52 PM

What a creepy ass sister.

Totally disloyal and disrespectful of her sister’s emotional stability prior to her death and after.

That’s why I’ve always though Naya’s death was an intentional suicide. The entire thing was strange from the moment she pulled into the parking lot, and sped of on a boat she didn’t even know how to get into gear correctly.

I knew something was wrong when I saw that footage, and this right here, is probably it.

I’m sorry, but FUCK her sister. You don’t hook up with exes of friends , nor do you move on with your sister’s ex.

IDGAF what anyone says. It’s completely inappropriate, and you just don’t do it. Now, if the person in question is totally over the person, and wants to see you pursue something like that, because they actually respect and care for their ex and think you guys would make a great couple, that’s a different story, but I’ve never gone for that idea, even though I’ve had friends attempt to set me up with their exes.

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2020 2:15 PM

*Totally disloyal and disrespectful of her sister’s emotional stability prior to her death and to her memory, after.

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2020 2:17 PM

He looks quite dongful in the photo spread.

I hope she washed that dong off before sitting on it.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2020 2:23 PM

Drain Ryan Dorsey!

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2020 2:42 PM

[Quote] Drain Ryan Dorsey!

I already am.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]The question I think everyone has about this relationship is whether it started before or after the mysterious death of the A-/B+ list actress.

C list. At best.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 2:45 PM

Agreed. Thoroughly C List.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2020 2:47 PM

I have such conflicting emotions!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2020 2:50 PM

[Quote]They were fucking before she died. What, R4?

You're full of it.[Quote]

They were also fucking whilst she died.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2020 3:43 PM

Is it possible they are sleeping together? Sure.

Is it just as possible she wants to be there for her nephew? Also sure.

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2020 3:51 PM

Who is Ryan Dorsey?

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2020 4:05 PM

And Naya is Dead. DEAD.

She and Dorsey weren't together as far back as 2016, when she assaulted him.

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2020 4:10 PM

R29 Slow clap for the Puritan. Real life is much more complex, hon.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2020 6:21 PM

We kept Mike Todd alive.

by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2020 6:34 PM

I see nothing wrong with them getting together.

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2020 6:58 PM

I think this type of stuff happens alot. They are both probably in still in grief and this is an easy out. They might regret in a couple of months. The whole situation is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2020 7:07 PM

Which one of you bitches is my mother??

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2020 7:17 PM

It’s the kind of low-rent behavior you see in families / cultures with poorly defined boundaries. Usually poor. Very dysfunctional.

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 7:52 PM

Really? And yet inbreeding is common among royalty.

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2020 8:01 PM

Who’s inbreeding in this scenario?

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2020 8:07 PM

r48 = Dawson

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2020 8:08 PM

No judgement from me. Grief makes you a little crazy

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2020 10:17 PM

When Stevie Nicks’ best friend, who was a young mom, died in the early 80s, Stevie married her widow. She said later they were both wild with grief and she wanted to help raise her friend’s son

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2020 10:21 PM

I don't care what they do with each other. I just hope the boy is messed up by it as a result.

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2020 10:21 PM

OH I'M SLAPPING MYSELF, SILLY

I just hope the boy is NOT messed up by it,

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2020 10:22 PM

R51 Are men called widows? Or was it a lady?

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2020 11:30 PM

I hope Ryan Murphy has put aside some spare change for Josey's therapy bills.

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2020 5:56 AM

Oh, she’s a MODEL? I didn’t know she was a MODEL, but apparently she’s a MODEL. Who does MODEL.

That’s trashy as hell. I don’t even believe that Dorsey is that grief-stricken. Gimme a break. He probably hated her.

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2020 11:01 AM

He posted about it on his IG. Apparently people were sending him death threats. Disgusting. Obviously she moved with him to help with the child who is devastated. I dont care even if they are fucking, but now i feel even more sorry for them.

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2020 1:43 PM

R56 he probably had complicated feelings but she is the mother of his kid and the kid loved her. He has to deal with his son's grief and trauma, regardless of how he feels.

by Anonymousreply 58September 30, 2020 7:04 PM

R54, I guess I meant to say “widower”—is that what you call a surviving husband when the wife dies?

by Anonymousreply 59September 30, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote] Apparently people were sending him death threats

Gleeks are the nuttiest fans in fandom.

by Anonymousreply 60September 30, 2020 10:09 PM

People were sending death threats? Jeez. I disapprove of their ménage, but...

by Anonymousreply 61October 1, 2020 3:32 AM

The sister is pretty and seems really young and inexperienced. Don’t know her age but she looks like a kid.

I take back my previous comment about her being disrespectful to her sister, and assume the kid is just grieving and the boyfriend/father has a type.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2020 9:58 AM

Grief? What grief? The article says they were seen "fooling around" ehile shopping for house stuff, looking quite happy, mere weeks after Naya's death. Give me a break. This is incredibly gross. You don't happily move in together immediately after your ex/sister's death. They were definitely fucking before that.

Is there a way they could've contributed to her death? This reads like a Law and Order episode, and not a very good one.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2020 10:19 AM

The sister is YOUNG.

He moved in on the little sister.

When? Probably before Naya died. Way before. Which might explain the assault Naya perpetuated upon him back in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2020 10:21 AM

The deer and squirrels are running out of nuts 🥜 and berries for Naya! Corey tells me she doesn’t have much time left!

WHY AREN’T THEY CHECKING THE FOREST???!!!

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2020 11:08 AM

R63

I saw the pictures. They looked as far from being happy and fooling around as it's possible. He looked devastated. I was actually surprised, because Naya was his ex. Daily mail sucks if they actually wrote something like that.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2020 11:50 AM

R66, not sure what pics you saw, but I saw pics that appeared to be snapped in the Westfield- outdoor mall in Century City, and they were NOT grieving.

They were full on , couple in a relationship-PDA mode & I'm not sure if those were pre-arranged pap pics. If I had to bet, I’m guessing they were not.

The following day, I read a statement he released saying specifically that they’re not in a romantic relationship. However, they were both papped and wearing their black CoViD-masks in (perhaps) Westfield, or the Santa Monica mall or some mall, somewhere, so I call bullshit.

Looked for the pics and I cannot find them because I cleared my cookies last night. Lol. But I ain’t lying. I’m 100 percent certain of what I viewed.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2020 12:01 PM

She's not young. She's 25.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2020 1:10 PM

R68

I saw their pics that was posted in Daily Mail (notoriously unreliable and trashy tabloid). Just checked again. Not a single one of dozens of pictures from different days and different locations looks like a picture of couple in love or in lust. To be honest, i don't care even if they are fucking. Who am i to judge? But pictures i saw together with statements from both people involved makes me doubt it. I hope they are not going to change their minds because of idiots on Internet. Poor child needs help.

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2020 1:31 PM

Who ARE these people? Get a life, gays!

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2020 1:41 AM

People can live together without having sex. Her sister just died, it's not crazy that she would want to be with her nephew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 5, 2020 1:46 AM

I wonder if Nickayla will get a career out of this. Will she get Naya's role in the TV adaptation of the "Step Up" franchise?

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2020 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!