Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm A Paid Member & Haven't Been Able To Post Any Kind Of Link For Months

Admittedly, I'm not tech-savvy. But as a paid member (which I know was my first mistake), I should be able to post links. Well, I can't. AT ALL. It's no glitch. It's been happening far too long.

I've searched previous threads, and all I've ever found was that users have summed it up as some sort of passing glitch. And as I said, I don't believe it is, due to the ongoing nature of the problem.

Please. Help out a fellow queen. I'd greatly appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 2:13 AM

It means you have a record of posting bullshit.

Take the hint.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 2:24 AM

I post links all the time.

Ii never have trouble unless I accidentally post a link in the signature box instead of the link box.

I'm going to pretend that's the problem that you're experiencing, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 2:30 AM

More and more links simply don't work on DL OP.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 2:31 AM

Yeah, there seems to be a blacklist for certain URLs.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 2:32 AM

R1 By that logic, you too are having the same problem. Probably even moreso.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 2:34 AM

You can't just post links, you have to type something in the reply box too, a few letters will do.

OP sounds alarmist and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 2:34 AM

No, OP is right.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 2:38 AM

And R6 Nope. Not it.

Thanks, R3 & R4. I'll keep that in mind.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 2:39 AM

What's an example of a link you're trying to share?

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 2:40 AM

Sometimes I have a hard time posting, site will freeze when I try and link and won’t go through.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 2:43 AM

Here's a linked pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 2:43 AM

I can usually post links if I go to my settings, and un-check 'Show Link Previews'. Then I turn it back on once I've posted. But we know some sites ({like CNN) don't work on DL, so you may have to find another source. Have you tried an alternate browser?

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 2:49 AM

OP, when I can’t post a link, sometimes I’ll take a screenshot of it, post that picture to imgur, and then link to the Imgur post.

It does seem that more and more sites can’t be linked to, and it’s a bother.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 2:50 AM

You have to click "post" after typing your response. It also helps if your responses are timely, intelligent and rather witty.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 2:54 AM

Moo. A continual problem at Monday Morning Moo. So many great links lie dead on delivery.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 2:56 AM

DL is essentially one step above a geo-cities page.

The one step being you have to enter your CC information.,

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 4:00 AM

Are you linking to wholesome things?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 4:11 AM

OP, being a paid member has nothing to do with being able To post a link. Anyone can. Why don't you tell us what link you were tryin to post and we can tell you what's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 4:42 AM

OP, can you describe how you are going about trying to post links?

Also, what device are you using? I have a hard time posting links on my iPad, but I think the operating system update helped.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 4:56 AM

I’m not OP, but you can take a screenshot using your iPad of whatever you like. Then post it for free on imgur. Then use a link to that Imgur page here. Just make sure you make the imgur page “hidden”, or else it will be “public”, unless that’s what you want.

Here is an example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 1:22 AM

You know what you did OP

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 1:43 AM

OP, is this you, perchance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 2:11 AM

Sorry, you are just too fat to be posting links on this board.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 2:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!