Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Versace SS 2022 aka The Bold and the Beautiful

I really love this bright palette especially with black or color suits and color blocking. Reminds me of rainbow candy when I was a kid or those multi colored Chiclets. Mix of bold patterns too. Does DL approve of Donatella's latest ouevre?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 8:58 PM

I thought it was great too OP. Great use of colour and shapes. The shell necklaces are v fun.

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2020 10:40 PM

Out of interest what did anyone think of the Prada show now that Raf is on board. Are there many fashion gays on datalounge?

I get the impression your typical DLer thinks that fresh young new designer Tom Ford is one to watch!

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2020 10:44 PM

Heres Prada RTW 2021. R2 I like the pants, some trenches and layering esp. With the pops of color - orange or yellow. Some of the suits look like hospital scrubs...and not in a good way. In menswear nothing too exciting. I do like the gender fluid designs in both Prada and Versace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2020 11:00 PM

Who is this model? He's gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2020 11:02 PM

That's what we have for models these days? They all look petrified or like prepubescents failing to emulate Kylie Jenner . I miss the days when they were confident and tacky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote]I miss the days when they were confident and tacky.

And [italic]super[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2020 11:07 PM

They're all hangry...

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2020 11:10 PM

R3 I know what you mean about some of the individual objects being kinda great but I felt like the whole thing was a bit of a nothing. I don’t feel like the Raf touches like the printed text or the extruded enlarged logo did anything substantial, as a long term admirer of the Prada machine output I was a bit disappointed and extremely underwhelmed. HOWEVER there are some really great things coming from the new smaller brands which is exciting.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2020 11:14 PM

R8 Also the cutting/folding directions on some of the tops and dresses reminded me of Project Runway last season. Any designer @ Raf's level should be doing more, not being derivative.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 6:50 AM

The Prada collection was hot or miss on some of the outfits. Overall, I like Prada. It's more wearable than other designers.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 7:10 AM

I feel like Raf has been in decline and the success of his Adidas collab has held off a kind of collapse. Isn’t it interesting that he’s straight?

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 6:26 PM

So now it looks like the rule is, for every 10 anorexic waifs in a show, you need one fatty, preferably of color?

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 8:02 PM

Where would people walk in clothes like this?

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 8:14 PM

Why do fashion models look so unhappy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 8:15 PM

R12 the rule is that trends change. Last few years the archetype of your typical model has changed to a less singular representation. Plebs always complain about not getting fashion, plus ca change!

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!