Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will you watch any of the Biden/Trump debates?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2020 5:37 PM

I may watch the first few minutes then switch it off when my head starts to explode. That whiny orange voice spouting lie after lie and nonsensical word salad is too much.

I'm also nervous Big Joe may foul up and I can't handle that either. Does he do well under pressure?

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2020 5:33 PM

I'm already decided, and I don't need the anxiety. I'll watch maybe after the election.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2020 5:34 PM

I will watch but like r1 said, I will be very nervous for Joe.

It is very difficult for anyone to prepare for or accurately predict the heinous things malignant narcissists will say or do.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2020 5:45 PM

My plan is to record them and watch later when I can FF thru the orange criminal if I choose. I sort of want to hear reviews first so if Biden gets horrifically attacked I may not watch.

Biden is incredibly courageous to debate that corrupt, lying, bullying asshole. trump fights dirty, he's a filthy man, I hate his guts.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2020 5:51 PM

I won't be at all surprised if Trump physically attacks Biden on stage.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2020 5:55 PM

I'm taping it so I can avoid unnecessary pain.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2020 6:24 PM

I’m all in. I want to see Trump’s head explode.

Vodka and rum has been secured.

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2020 6:28 PM

I'm an "all of the above" with the exception of the format unfairly biased against tRump. I don't think I am going to know until the moment they start and even then I may shut it down after 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2020 6:29 PM

^have been secured🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote]Biden is incredibly courageous to debate that corrupt, lying, bullying asshole. trump fights dirty, he's a filthy man,

OH PULEEZE. Hillary did three debates with him and did fine.

Biden needs to keep his temper in check and not take the bait.

Let's stop with the dramatics.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2020 6:34 PM

No, because I'm not American.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2020 7:17 PM

R10, yet Hillary still "lost."

We've had four years to watch trump bully and lie his way through press conferences, speeches, etc. You're going up against a lying blast of hot air when you attempt to communicate with him. He doesn't have back and forth debates, he spews venom. Hillary is sharp and direct, Joe is personable and affable. Anyone, not just Biden, has to prepare and steel themselves for a debate with trump. He bullies and intimidates, he's criminal, and disrespectful. In no way will this be a normal debate where participants follow rules of order. It will be a demonic pit bull against Grandpa Joe. Even so, I'm betting on Biden.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2020 7:29 PM

Oops, R4 @ R12.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2020 7:30 PM

Vote for Joe Biden.

Vote all republican out of office.

This election is about protecting what we have left of our Democracy. These Republicans have destroyed everything. We need registered Republican to vote for us and our American Democracy too. Come on, Americans are dying.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2020 8:04 PM

No. I'll just read about it later and watch any clips of bizarre behavior or pronouncements spewed from the orange anus.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2020 8:11 PM

I will most likely watch the first one and then just highlights/clips of the other 2. I can't stand to watch Trump for very long, but want to see how Biden does against him. Doesn't make a difference in my vote either way, Biden could shit his pants and have a stroke onstage and I'd still vote for him over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2020 8:22 PM

I’m watching to see Trump implode, but I hope he does it early on because I hate looking at and hearing him.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2020 8:32 PM

I know the moderators have said they won't fact-check either of them, but I do hope they'll at least try to keep Trump on topic.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2020 8:37 PM

I pity the people who would have to fact check that bloated crook in real time. It would be like Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory except with lies.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 2:41 AM

I’m actually afraid to watch.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 3:00 AM

I’ll keep up with the NYT live blog but the sound of Cheeto’s voice makes me want to jab myself in the ear with an ice pick.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 3:40 AM

Yes. Only live-streaming while reading DLers' snark towards Trump makes hearing his face tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 3:44 AM

I heard today that there will be only about 100 people in the audience. That'll be in Joe's favor as Trump lives for the large crowd reaction.

Frankly, I find it sad that the strategy of these debates seems to be trying to make the other screw up.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2020 1:39 PM

I’ll leave it on in the background while I cook and clean.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2020 1:42 PM

No, I quit drinking years and can't imagine watching sober. I fear a rage-induced stroke.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 10:26 PM

John Kerry on Twitter in response to the NYT tweet below:

"You'll have to inspect a lot lower than the ears to find where the president will be pulling his answers out of tonight."

The New York Times @nytimes: “Secret earpiece” rumors are nothing new. In fact, they’ve become something of a fixture during presidential debate cycles, and part of a baseless conspiracy theory that tends to rear its head every four years.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2020 10:34 PM

I only watch for the gags gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2020 11:06 PM

I just gave up tonight after 31 minutes. Trump turned it into a shit show. Chris is not doing a good job of reigning in trumpy. I might try again for the next one.

by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2020 1:45 AM

I tried. Now I don't know how I'll fall asleep because I hate that asshole so damn much.

I'll never forget going to bed Nov 5, 2016 thinking "at least now I won't have to see and hear him all the time."

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2020 1:51 AM

While I'm at it, I hate the American ignorance that allowed a charlatan to shuffle his way into our it highest office.

I swear there was a plot to progressively dumb down our society so we'd be too easily distracted to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2020 1:54 AM

Yes, there was a plot, and the name of the plot was "I'm not going to send my children to school with blacks and hispanics, so I'm going to send them to religious school and refuse to give my tax dollars to educate OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN.

How would you like to try to educate 47 ninth graders in a classroom with no heat in the winter??????? But as long as the stock market socked those gains into people's hot little hands, everything was A OK.

Enjoy watching the U.S. go down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2020 2:47 AM

The CNN undecideds are so fucking STUPID. I cannot for the life of me why they can’t just say “I’m voting for Dump, I’m racist, and I don’t care that he didn’t condemn the Proud Boys”. I hate them so much.

I also hate Jake Tapper “Biden didn’t win, Trump lost”. Fuck you asshole. What debate were you watching.

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2020 3:56 AM

Tapper is an arrogant, eternally pissed-off jerk. He's one of those media people who think that because they talk and write about events, they are part of them. No, you're just a talking head, asshole, not a senator, like Joe, or even a con man, like Trump.

Critics, they don't even float, they just stand of the shore, they just wave at the boat.

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2020 3:59 PM

Shit, ON the shore.

by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2020 4:00 PM

I'm a political junkie and I've been waiting 4 years for these events. I hated last night, but I'll tune in. If my candidate is willing to step up to take the abuse in order to get my party's message out, then I will do my part and support him by watching.

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2020 4:05 PM

The only debate I might *consider* watching is the VP one, so that I might enjoy the spectacle of Kamala Harris utterly eviscerating Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2020 5:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!