Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Love Fraud (2020)

Anyone catch this Showtime 4-part series? It concerns the hunt for Robert Scott Smith by a team of ex-wives who were conned out of money and assets over the course of decades (sometimes married to two at once). It was well-made, especially the final episode. I loved Carla the bounty hunter. I want her in my corner.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

This hasn't generated much discussion.

:(

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 10:51 AM

Carla was hysterical, every other word was "fuck". I wanted to see her bitch slap that Robert creep.

Why didn't he get more jail time? Didn't he scam one woman out of nearly a million dollars? WTF is wrong with the American justice system? Especially when some people are in jail for having a small amount of weed?!

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 11:50 AM

First, the guy isn't much to look at, even by Kansas standards.

The women aren't much either though. This guy must have a hell of a game to get away with all of this.

Clue: "He wouldn't let me google him". And she didn't. Fool.

People, both men and women , can be blinded by loneliness and desperation.

Good for these women coming forward but I find this sad rather than entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 12:25 PM

[quote]First, the guy isn't much to look at, even by Kansas standards.

Wow. Okay. I mean, that isn't really grounds for evaluating the series. But, since you mention, I thought he was attractive by Kansas standards. I'd fuck him. He has some serious DSLs at any rate. But, I digress ...

The series documents problems with our justice system, and how civilians are being pushed to a degree of vigilantism and/or having to do some of the legwork themselves.

I'm also watching finishing up Murder Mountain. Similar themes.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 1:10 PM

We have fraus swarming all over this site like ants on a Lifesaver. Do we really need to watch tv about them too?

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 1:40 PM

It's not my kind of show, but people should be aware that this kind of scam goes on all the time. Also that sometimes the perps shut their victims up permanently.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 2:07 PM

I wasn't evaluating the series r4, I was pointing out that desperation can make even that man acceptable.

You being willing to fuck him proves my point.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 7:31 PM

All of those girls looks as if they dream of owning a black Mustang convertible with a vanity plate SPLDROTN.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 7:34 PM

I was completely engrossed by the show. I thought 4 episodes was too little. My favorite was the the chain-smoking bail bonds woman. If they made a movie out of this story they need to get Frances McDormand.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote]I was completely engrossed by the show. I thought 4 episodes was too little. My favorite was the the chain-smoking bail bonds woman. If they made a movie out of this story they need to get Frances McDormand.

Carla was the bail bonds chick.

I did find the series extremely sad. I can' believe that anyone, woman, man, gay or straight, allows a virtual stranger to move into their home almost immediately. I was always lucky to never need a roommate, I trust few people. My friends are people I've known for many years, one friend I've known since we were 15. My longtime partner was part of my group of friends.

I don't care how lonely anyone is. It's difficult making new friends after a certain age, let alone finding a decent partnership after a certain age.

Not all of those women never married, yet they did seem desperate for companionship, for some kind of connection. Some didn't sound bright at all, especially how easily they bought into that creepy guy's bullshit. I don't trust anyone who immediately says they love you. A few of the women had been divorced, one of them, IIRC, her husband died. Yet another ex-husband, or BF, didn't he want to reconnect, wasn't he also searching for the grifter BF?

I think all the women owned their homes, the guy knew exactly who to target.

I still don't understand why the creep didn't get more jail time. One of the women, he scammed out of close to a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2020 3:54 AM

How much jail time did he get?

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2020 9:42 AM

OP - "sending you to ignore."

What a fucking tool

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 6:48 PM

scarf queen

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 8:48 PM

I watched it and from what I gather the guy had a probation violation warrant from the domestic violence incident. For a first time offender that would be dropped to a misdemeanor in most places, and have a sentence up to one year. This guy got initially got a probation term, skipped town, and when he was brought back to court his probation was revoked, he was found guilty and given a term of 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 4:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!