Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dennis Quaid fires back: 'No good deed goes unpoliticized'

Dennis Quaid is over “cancel culture.”

The 66-year-old actor said he only meant to promote safety amid the coronavirus pandemic when he interviewed Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, several weeks ago. But when a recent Politico article insinuated Quaid’s involvement was meant to be part of a campaign to re-elect President Donald Trump, Quaid said he couldn’t avoid speaking out.

“NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPOLITICIZED,” Quaid captioned a video he posted on his Instagram account on Saturday. “I have to say right now I am feeling some outrage and a lot of disappointment about a PSA and interview that I did with Dr. Anthony Fauci a few weeks ago. It is being used by the cancel culture media that I was doing a campaign ad and endorsement of Donald Trump and that I was paid handsomely for this by diverted CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) funds. Nothing could be further from the truth.”

“I did a PSA for Dr. Anthony Fauci, and he was kind of enough to grant me an interview as well. And the interview and PSA were about raising awareness of COVID-19 and what we can still do to prevent lives being lost by this terrible, terrible virus. It was about the importance of wearing a mask and social distancing. It was in no way political, and in fact, Dr. Fauci and I talked about it beforehand that it was not to be political,” said Quaid. “This virus is not political.”

The Politico report claimed the Department of Health and Human Services was seeking to create a campaign that would encourage people to remain optimistic amid the pandemic, while also addressing the federal government’s handling of COVID-19 in encouraging safety protocols. It claimed that along with Quaid, gospel singer CeCe Winans, Dr. Mehmet Oz and Garth Brooks were all approached to appear in the campaign.

Back in April, Quaid praised President Trump’s response to the pandemic, telling The Daily Beast “I think the president is handling it in a good way. We see him on television every day, he’s involved, and the travel ban early on was a great idea.”

While Quaid did not disclose whether his interview with Fauci will be used in promotion of the Trump administration, he did assert that he was in no way compensated for his time.

“I was not paid one penny for doing this interview, and neither was Dr. Anthony Fauci,” said Quaid. “I am really disappointed that some people who call themselves legitimate reporters don’t do their homework.”

Quaid went on to explain that his entire conversation with Fauci is available on his podcast, The Denissance, and said that those claiming he was compensated for his time “obviously did not listen to the interview.”

“Anyway, thank you for your time, everybody out there stay safe and wear a mask,” Quaid concluded. “God bless.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2020 10:55 PM

What happened to his face?

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2020 7:51 AM

Isn't his brother a nutjob who had to escape the country because he was going to be killed?

The whole family seems wacko.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2020 7:59 AM

Fuck him, he's praising Trump's response to the disease.

Which has basically been going ahead and letting the ordinary schmoes get sick or die, he doesnt care.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2020 8:01 AM

About the only thing Quaid had going for him was his looks.

No more. And he's only two years older than me.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2020 8:54 AM

R1, that's exactly what I was thinking. Are we sure that's actually him?!?

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2020 9:11 AM

[quote]the cancel culture media

I love old people who don't understand what modern trends are.

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2020 9:22 AM

It's definitely him.

The video is posted on his Instagram account.

I love this comment posted on his video. Pretty much the same thing being said here:

[quote] @chillhomodude Last spring, Quaid told The Daily Beast that Trump, “no matter what anybody thinks of him, is doing a good job at trying to get these states—and all of the American people—what they need, and also trying to hold our economy together and be prepared for when this is all over.” This is a lie and you know it. So eff you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2020 9:23 AM

He can fuck off and die in a Covid party. Bottom line he is a Trumpeter who got caught before he blew his horn for the guy, now he is playing victim. How Trumpian of him.

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2020 9:38 AM

They probably did coke together at some party years ago and he feels a druggies affinity for him

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2020 9:42 AM

Quaid is a nobody. No one cares what a dumb-as-rocks has-been actor has to say about what a great president Dump is and how skillfully he has "handled" the crisis. How stupid are these people anyway? It takes a pathetic slime bag of a human to defund the horrible decisions and even more gag-inducing statements and tweets that Dump makes on a daily basis. Drink more punch Dennis...

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2020 9:51 AM

He was a shitty husband and shitty in bed. He drove me insane, literally! Would a normal person do this to her own face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2020 9:56 AM

At least he is wearing a mask!

But why did he choose that one?

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2020 10:04 AM

the cigs/booze is killin his looks

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2020 11:11 AM

“Meg? Hey, it’s Dennis. Listen, who fucked up your face again? I am thinking of having some work done.” [laughs] “Right, right, that’s what I’m thinking: go big or go home!”

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2020 11:13 AM

Lets hope he'll run away to Canada, like his brother.

Never to be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2020 2:14 PM

Damn, his face is beat!

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2020 2:38 PM

Rock L-O-B-S-T-E-R!!!

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2020 4:24 PM

He used to be married to Halloween star PJ Soles.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2020 4:53 PM

Those glasses on him are not flattering at all. It looks like he's wearing a Groucho Marx disguise but without the mustache.

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2020 4:58 PM

It's a shame he turned out to be a Trump supporter. He was a hot daddy back around 2000. Great smile and would loved to have seen his dick.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2020 5:33 PM

Him?

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2020 6:26 PM

Another Trumpster who doesn't even have the balls to admit he's a Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]R23 “This virus is not political.”

It certainly is when it’s mostly low income households and people of color who are getting sick.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2020 6:40 PM

^^ Oh sorry - didn’t mean to attribute that quote to poor r24.

It’s Quaid who said it!

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2020 6:42 PM

I meant poor R23.

Okay... bye!

(Maybe I’m ill???)

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2020 6:42 PM

I will no longer patronize anything that he’s involved with related to the arts or anything else. He isn’t that bright.

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2020 6:45 PM

He made a movie where a dog was abused on video and tried to make it sound like it was no big deal so...Fuck Him!

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 6:52 PM

His outside is starting to match his inside. The old saying "...you earn your face."

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2020 7:17 PM

No bad plastic surgery goes unmocked.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2020 7:21 PM

I really appreciated the movie he made where he played a closeted husband. And his wife sought refuge with their gardner, Far from Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2020 7:33 PM

The face of an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2020 7:35 PM

I've TOTALLY sucked his dick and licked his balls.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2020 7:59 PM

Hot Daddy? Um no. The only time he was hot was when it was 20 something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2020 8:40 PM

R34. Yeah, he was cute then, but also during his hot daddy days when he was with Meg Ryan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2020 9:08 PM

Funny how he was getting so much love in the "Postcards From the Edge" thread, and then he had to go and be so... deplorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote] It certainly is when it’s mostly low income households and people of color who are getting sick.

You mean nonwhites are disproportionately affected. Meaning at a rate that is higher than their percentage of the population.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2020 9:41 PM

He should've been nominated for an Oscar for The Day After Tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2020 9:43 PM

Heh heh, trying to look like a hipster at 66. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2020 9:44 PM

Why do all of you care so much what Quaid thinks politically? Why Do you place THAT much stock in what celebrities believe at all?

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2020 9:48 PM

Because, R40.

If some of us feel strongly about their political positions, then it's good for us to know.

Maybe we won't pay our hard-earned money to patronize their projects. It's a means of protest.

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2020 9:50 PM

He's 66!

You expect him to look...28 or something?

Get a grip, people. He looks appropriate for his age.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2020 9:56 PM

^^ get a grip. He looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2020 10:01 PM

Hasn't he been doing Christian movies the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2020 10:17 PM

He’s a hard 66. He looks like he was tossed out the back door of every bar on Route 66.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote] Jack Quaid says ‘F*** Trump,’ as dad Dennis denies endorsement of Trump

Jack Quaid left no doubts about his feelings on President Trump in a tweet he sent over the weekend. “Hey it’s 11:24pm on a Saturday and I just thought this would be a good time to say: F*** Donald Trump,” wrote Quaid, the 28-year-old son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 28, 2020 10:45 PM

I forgot that was even him, r31.

Yes that was a good film/performance. (Julianne Moore was preggers when she shot it, which is why she looks a touch stouter than usual.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 28, 2020 10:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 28, 2020 10:54 PM

Being a Trump propaganda stooge is not what I would call doing a good deed.

by Anonymousreply 49September 28, 2020 10:58 PM

This kind of whining about being called out as a Trumpanzee and "I'M BEING CANCELLED!!!" is the type of shit eaten up by the heaping spoonful by the right. Also the Bill Maher and Joe Rogan libertarian crowd.

by Anonymousreply 50September 28, 2020 11:28 PM

I would think by now actors who are currently employed in Hollywood and who value their career would steer clear of anything Trump.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2020 11:41 PM

His brother should be in an asylum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2020 11:51 PM

TY r47 r48

It’s important to remember who are our friends

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2020 11:52 PM

Dennis Quaid, Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner are all so interchangeable and bland.

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2020 12:07 AM

The descriptions of the ads was quite politicized when I first heard about them. I don't know the source, but it was completely mismanaged, Miss Quaid.

And nothing from the administration is clean or free of crap. "Dr. Anthony Fauci" (does Quaid think there are so many that he had to keep using the first name so we wouldn't become confused by the surname only?) is doing his job. Why celebrities have to be involved in a "smile and get to work even if you're fired" campaign is the big question.

FUCK YOU, Dennis. And fuck the beer wagon you rode in on. Right in the tail pipe.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2020 12:17 AM

Dennis is looking OK for a 66 year old, you stupid queens.

I know you middle aged queens like to drool over twinks barely over legal age-if that- but it's like you all think know one is supposed to look older than 30-even when they are 70!

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2020 1:27 AM

Those glasses aren't doing him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2020 1:37 AM

R2 I've often wanted to. Quite badly. Even as late as "Far From Heaven". But given his track record, he was probably ALWAYS a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2020 1:39 AM

I'd still do Dennis if his bod is holding up.

Who cares what his politics are.

I aint there to be his friend.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote] He's 66! You expect him to look...28 or something? Get a grip, people. He looks appropriate for his age. Dennis

[quote] Dennis is looking OK for a 66 year old, you stupid queens. I know you middle aged queens like to drool over twinks barely over legal age-if that- but it's like you all think know one is supposed to look older than 30-even when they are 70!

[quote] I'd still do Dennis if his bod is holding up. Who cares what his politics are. I aint there to be his friend.

Ma’am give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2020 2:10 AM

What was the good deed? Paying your plastic surgeon?

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2020 2:22 AM

'I don't like cancel culture' = Don't challenge my shitty and offensive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2020 2:22 AM

Poor guy, he has a case of the Butthurt.

There will be a vaccine for that Dennis, just you wait.

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2020 2:24 AM

Poor Jack Quaid.

You're out of the will!

Love,

Dad

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2020 2:38 AM

R1

He’s transitioning to Kevin Spacey

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2020 2:46 AM

“ He’s a hard 66. He looks like he was tossed out the back door of every bar on Route 66.

—one more 6 and he’s Trump”

^^^^^

Gold! Oh DL you help lift my spirits even more than a few dolls!

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2020 2:51 AM

What's with the prescription dive goggles?

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2020 2:58 AM

He has a current endorsement with one of the insurance companies I believe. Maybe they’re “re-evaluating”...

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2020 3:05 AM

Dennis was also in "The Day After Tomorrow," which was about climate change.

He seems to be act in movies which highlight a Progressive agenda, so I don't really understand where the backlash is coming from.

He played in a gay role and also in a movie about how climate change is real.

So how does promoting responsibility during a pandemic, make him a bad person?

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2020 2:03 PM

We don’t like his face.

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2020 2:11 PM

Is he wearing makeup to look like Ronald Reagan?

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2020 5:25 PM

R57 it's not just the glasses, it's the too-dark dyed hair, and that color is awful on him. He looks good in cooler tones.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2020 5:30 PM

Dude - if you stopped marrying younger women that take all your money, you could MAYBE keep some dignity and not have to go down this path.

He did this to himself. NEXT!

Bye-bye insurance commercials too. THen he'll go full on Scott Baio.

by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote] Dennis was also in "The Day After Tomorrow," which was about climate change. He seems to be act in movies which highlight a Progressive agenda, so I don't really understand where the backlash is coming from. He played in a gay role and also in a movie about how climate change is real. So how does promoting responsibility during a pandemic, make him a bad person?

Correction: He seems to take whatever is offered to him because he needs work. Which certainly does not make him a “progressive” hero.

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2020 12:00 AM

LOL @R69. You think acting in a movie where you get PAID means you're a reflection of that character?

You do know Anthony Hopkins is not really a cannibal psychiatrist, right?

Having said that, it was stupid to attack him, esp., since Fauci himself is part of the PSA encouraging people to wear masks and SD

by Anonymousreply 75October 1, 2020 12:12 AM

All propagandists deny they are peddling propaganda

by Anonymousreply 76October 1, 2020 12:29 AM

So according to R69's logic, Dean Cain is really Superman and not some deplorable shithead.

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2020 4:30 AM

So how you feeling today about Covid-19, Dennis?

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2020 10:40 PM

Dennis will be making a Covid-19 commercial from Trumps hospital room.

by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2020 10:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!