Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida absentee ballots: already a problem

I just got mine. There are all instructions about putting it in the privacy sleeve but they don't include a privacy sleeve (and the ballot looks too big for the one they have in the diagram.)

I heard on the news that some state isn't accepting them if they are not in the privacy sleeve.

Here we go. It will be a bumpy ride.

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2020 8:56 PM

Don't fill it out. Go vote in person.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Can you still vote in person if you requested the absentee ballot?

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2020 9:38 PM

Pull the quarter from between your knees and call someone who cares.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2020 9:40 PM

Yes. They'll probably tell you to shred the ballot. I say take it with you when you vote and tell them.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2020 9:40 PM

Privacy sleeves aren't supposed to encase the ballot like an envelope.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2020 9:42 PM

A voting sleeve is not required. See page 2:

What is the “secrecy sleeve”? What if I forgot to put my ballot into the sleeve before mailing it back? There is a folded piece of paper in your VBM packet labeled “Secrecy Sleeve”. Follow the instructions printed on it for completing and returning your ballot. When you are ready to mail your ballot, you can place it inside this secrecy sleeve for added security.

However, using the sleeve is not required. If you have returned your ballot without the secrecy sleeve, do not worry, your ballot will be processed just the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] Florida absentee ballots: already a problem

[quote] I just got mine. There are all instructions about putting it in the privacy sleeve but they don't include a privacy sleeve (and the ballot looks too big for the one they have in the diagram.)

[quote] I heard on the news that some state isn't accepting them if they are not in the privacy sleeve.

[quote] Here we go. It will be a bumpy ride.

So, the entire country should gauge the voting experience on your ambigous, fictional account?

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2020 9:48 PM

Vote in person. Look on the elections website for instructions about your absentee ballot.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

OP is not good at reading, but very quick at ranting?

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

No disrespect OP, but if it comes down to FL again, we're fucked, because you can be sure that DeSantis & all his crooked little minions are doing everything possible to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2020 10:14 PM

Just call them and tell them they didn't include the privacy sleeve and they'll either send you one or void that ballot and send you a whole new one.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2020 10:19 PM

OP, I was confused at first also, before I realized that the privacy sleeve and the instruction sheet are one and the same thing. The ballot goes inside the two page (folded ) instruction sheet (privacy sleeve).

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2020 10:54 PM

yes r7 see Gore Vs. Bush 2000.

The ballot didn't include that info from r6. But I guess it will be ok if they say a sleeve isn't required. Some states are requiring them so this could become a point of dispute.

I think they sent out an old instruction sheet.

I voted in CA previously and there was a small bubble sheet you'd color in your choice, put that in a sleeve and send it in. That is what they have drawn on the instruction sheet for this ballot. They must have voted that way in FL before and never changed the instructions.

r12 I don't think the green sheet is meant to be a sleeve. It isn't what is described in the instructions.

Funny how triggering this thread was for some posters.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2020 4:45 AM

You can still vote in person just bring your ballot with you when you go to vote.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2020 4:49 AM

Florida is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote] Funny how triggering this thread was for some posters.

Its not triggering. It's just thats its all fiction. You always "just happen to be" involved in whatever generic situation you present.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2020 4:57 AM

People should vote in person.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2020 5:02 AM

How do you know r16? My history doesn't indicate that.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2020 5:06 AM

Another problem is the ballot says use black pen but they instructions say black or blue pen.

So will the blue pen ones count? Will the computer read them?

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2020 5:20 AM

OP, it's possible things are different from one county to another, but in my county, the instructions sheet is folded in half, and along one edge, there is a red band with the words, "Insert Ballot Here," printed along the band. And the only restrictions are to not use a red pen or pencil.

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2020 5:48 AM

I didn't get that r20. I got the ballot and then a green piece of paper that says sleeve instructions.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2020 5:51 AM

[quote]Another problem is the ballot says use black pen but they instructions say black or blue pen. So will the blue pen ones count? Will the computer read them?

And this is what separates Dems from Reps. Reps want the ballot thrown out on this "technicality" even if it's clear you voted for Biden. Dems want it counted if it's for Trump or Biden. Reps are looking for every fucking way to discount votes when they're clearly meant for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2020 6:02 AM

[place] OP, it's possible things are different from one county to another, but in my county, the instructions sheet is folded in half, and along one edge, there is a red band with the words, "Insert Ballot Here," printed along the band. And the only restrictions are to not use a red pen or pencil.

You amazingly have transported yourself to another country and voting structure. Is there any country where you haven't lived and voted?

No matter the topic, you always just happen to be there and placed in the center of the topic at hand. It could be ANYTHING. Here's an example:

"Cow are attacking people in Barbados." You would undoubtedly respond. Of course, you just happen to be on DL, in Barbados and coincidentally were hiking the trail just two hours earlier before the cow attacked.

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2020 11:37 AM

[quote] OP, it's possible things are different from one county to another, but in my county, the instructions sheet is folded in half, and along one edge, there is a red band with the words, "Insert Ballot Here," printed along the band. And the only restrictions are to not use a red pen or pencil.

You amazingly have transported yourself to another country and voting structure. Is there any country where you haven't lived and voted?

No matter the topic, you always just happen to be there and placed in the center of the topic at hand. It could be ANYTHING. Here's an example:

"Cows are attacking people in Barbados." You would undoubtedly respond. Of course, you just happen to be on DL, in Barbados and coincidentally were hiking the trail just two hours earlier before the cow attacked.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2020 11:45 AM

I’m ignoring OP just for shits and giggles.

That should be a fourth DL option, S/G.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2020 11:59 AM

Vote in person unless you truly cannot due to old age of disability. Please.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2020 12:04 PM

Old age or disability

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2020 12:05 PM

R24, you seem to have misread my post and think I said "country", when in fact I said "county." Also, I get the impression you think I am the OP. I am not. I have never started a thread, nor have I ever claimed to be anywhere (other than in the county in which mail in ballots are as I described in my posts above).

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 3:13 PM

examples r24?

I don't sign my posts. How do you think you know everything I'm posting (other than my history which doesn't show what you said.)

and yes this time you aren't even quoting me the op as r20 said.

I guess you are delusional.

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2020 7:46 PM

R15 - Florida has been doing Vote-by-Mail for years and is very good at.

Florida 100% cleaned up their election act after the Bush-Gore mess.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2020 7:56 PM

I guess r24 checked out. I was kind of fascinated by how he thinks he knows what I post.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2020 3:08 AM

I went to my Massachusetts polling place for the primary with my ballot filled out. I thought I could just drop it off, but they destroyed it and made me use the usual ballot process.

The pandemic makes it all so weird this election.

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2020 3:24 AM

So Trump was right?

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2020 4:22 AM

r33 could be. Especially the blue ink thing could turn into an issue to contest.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 7:33 PM

New York too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2020 7:53 PM

I'm voting in person to avoid this mess.

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2020 12:42 PM

Aw, SHIT! There goes our element of surprise . . .

by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2020 12:48 PM

R34 - What is the "blue ink thing". I have not heard this one.

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2020 2:36 PM

r38 on the ballot it says you have to use black ink but on the instruction sheet it says you can use black or blue ink. So it makes me wonder if the blue ink will be read by the computer.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2020 7:54 PM

So this is a blue ink versus black ink matters issue?

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2020 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!