Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy coney Barrett

MSNBC just reported it’s her..she better not get in and it should be hard as she is anti abortion

by Anonymousreply 115October 11, 2020 2:40 PM

Shall we start referring to her as "Ofjesse"? I think we shall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2020 10:42 PM

She'll glide right in. The deplorables are rolling out the red carpet for her.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2020 10:43 PM

MSNBC is covering Breonna Taylor this minute, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2020 10:43 PM

Hate group leader Brian Brown issued a statement:

"This is the Supreme Court nomination that could finally bring us a reversal of Roe v Wade and usher in a pro-life majority on the Court. It could also pave the way for the restoration of marriage to our laws and scrapping the illegitimate, anti-constitutional imposition of same-sex ‘marriage’ on the nation.

It will mean that religious liberty will be restored to its rightful place as a foundational constitutional right, and that the fake “rights” that are constantly demanded by the left – including special rules for homosexuals and the so-called transgendered – will no longer see the light of day."

And half of DL just had a collective orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2020 10:46 PM

WHET that guy who used to do the Dominionist updates here. This seems like a big update.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2020 10:52 PM

Cornyn and Tillis were both asked about overturning Roe today and they both declined to comment. Said they were pro-life.

Cornyn will swing right back to being pro-life as soon as he wins his election, and Tillis will vote for Barrett in the Senate after the election, and after he has already lost his seat.

Sounds fair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2020 10:53 PM

She will be fine and it won't be as bad as the media is portraying. All done for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2020 10:54 PM

Kill yourself immediately, trump trash @ R7.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2020 11:00 PM

She is not fine- and with her addition, the Supreme Court will overturn the ACA. She has written of her opposition to ACA.

I will never be able to afford health insurance for 12 years, until turn 67. Tens of millions like me will be unable to afford health insurance. This is a complete disaster.

And of course allowing states to prohibit abortion.

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2020 11:01 PM

There has to be a massive turnout to get rid of Trump and put in a Democratic Senate. Then we can talk about what to do about the crazy shit this dingbat dominionist is going to push from the Court. And yes, it will probably mean adding seats to the Court.

I am not actually sure how a literal overturn of Roe v Wade would play out politically. I imagine it will be chaotic, with some states forever lost to the Republicans as people rush to elect legislators who are pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2020 11:05 PM

We’ve got to add states and SC seats.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2020 11:13 PM

This won't help Trump in AZ or FL; it will galvanize more votes against him nationwide and Republican senators then they will gain.

Dems need to hammer on ACA and women's rights during the confirmation hearings as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2020 11:18 PM

R12 They also need to ask her if she'll recuse herself should Trump contest the election results and ask the Court to intercede.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2020 11:20 PM

Yes! That, too!

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2020 11:27 PM

of course, she'd probably just lie. Cause really, why not?

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2020 11:37 PM

I think she's going to have an incredibly rough time of it during the confirmation hearings. The media is going to have a field day rightfully portraying her as being mentally unsound. You have to be mentally unsound to believe some of the nonsense she believes in.

It's one thing for a serial rapist, good ol' boy like Kavanaugh to glide through these hearings. But, this is America and the woman will be portrayed as something much worse.

This country is so broken.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2020 11:43 PM

Not sure Kavanaugh really glided through. he was beaten up, quite deservedly. As she should be too. I'm already hearing some shit about how respected she is by Notre Dame faculty. Fuck that noise. Bring up her crazy ass bullshit handmaid's tale religion, whenever you can. if not in the hearings themselves, than in every comment outside the hearings.

And also, again and again and again, ask her about health care and if she'll kill it. She will do that shit where she can't comment on anything that might come before the Court but so what? Keep asking, in as accusatory a way as possible. Let people know that voting to confirm her means voting to take health care away from millions of Americans.

Oh and yeah, choice. Let those suburban women know this shit is serious. They and their daughters lose that right if she gets on the Court. no question.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2020 12:03 AM

The difference with her is, unlike many judge nominees, she’s been very vocal about being anti abortion and anti gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2020 12:14 AM

The Dems can't attack her for her religion. They just can't - there are, unfortunately, too many religious people in this country, and not all of them are Republicans.

So instead they need to hammer her on judicial philosophy, and specifically, how she would reconcile her belief in stare decisis with her potential ruling on a case that would overturn Roe v Wade, or one that would reverse Obergefell or Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2020 12:18 AM

Well, they should hammer her on everything, but above all on ACA. We know she'd overturn it. We know she'd essentially outlaw health care for millions of Americans currently getting it. We know she'd throw it away, in the middle of a pandemic, because of wingnut ideology. Democrats have to make that clear whenever possible. It won't defeat her, the fix is in. But they have to saddle every Republican who votes for her with that.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2020 12:21 AM

R19, no one is going to attack her for her religion. (Most of the Court is Catholic). It’s not “merely” that she’s anti-abortion and anti-marriage equality. She’s anti-human rights—she always votes to support and expand the rights of corporations.

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2020 12:27 AM

Impeach Barr and grind this to a halt.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2020 12:27 AM

Just think what a conservative does to the supreme court. It is more important than who wins President!!

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote]And also, again and again and again, ask her about health care and if she'll kill it. She will do that shit where she can't comment on anything that might come before the Court but so what? Keep asking, in as accusatory a way as possible.

Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar are both on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and they will have no problem slicing this bitch during hearings.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2020 1:34 AM

Kamala Harris is about to have her moment r24. I think she gets that, but regardless, this is the moment.

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2020 1:54 AM

He's never select a minority.

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2020 2:00 AM

Yes, Amy is fine for R7 since she's anti-abortion. And with that standpoint, she helped save R7 from getting aborted which should have been done back then!

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2020 2:14 AM

She has a little girl voice... hmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2020 2:16 AM

If she lies in her confirmation hearing which I suspect she will because she is a Republican, she can and should be impeached.

"MS Barrett, has President Trump or anyone else in the White House discussed with you about voting in any election challenge in his favor?"

"No Senator I can assure you he hasn't"

LIAR

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2020 2:23 AM

There must be some dirty laundry somewhere. Please dig them up, people.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2020 2:27 AM

Why can’t they get her on record? Will you overturn Roe, will you overturn SS marriage, will you overturn the ACA? Yes or no. Pin her down. Hold her to this.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2020 2:28 AM

oh they will r30. I seriously think we are done with nice. Really think we are done with that.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2020 2:29 AM

Another liberal judicial HERO replaced by a milquetoast nobody for the right. First Thurgood Marshall, now RBG.

Hopefully this will radicalize the young people - that's our only hope.

If they don't come out to vote in Nov, then they never will. I'm sick of having all of this damage my mental health and well being on a DAILY basis.

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2020 3:59 AM

[quote]The Dems can't attack her for her religion. They just can't - there are, unfortunately, too many religious people in this country, and not all of them are Republicans.

Honey, all they have to do is ask her opinion on certain issues. If she shoots back that it's her belief based on her religion, they will ask if if she's able to vote based on law or her own personal beliefs. This isn't rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2020 4:12 AM

[quote]If she lies in her confirmation hearing which I suspect she will because she is a Republican, she can and should be impeached.

It takes 2/3 to impeach. That's never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2020 4:13 AM

Republicans always lie in confirmation hearings.

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2020 4:18 AM

This cunt has those same neurotic, signature repug, deer-in-the-headlight eyes. We’ve all seen them on these bitches. EVERY fucking one of them.

God help us. I’d like to convey a big FUCK YOU to those who couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Hillary, and instead, voted third-party, OR who didn’t vote at all. This is what you’ve left us. A court stacked to the right.

Start saying goodbye to your Obama-Care coverage on November10, which is the first day the Supremes, will hear trump’s arguments for squashing the affordable care act once and for all. Then, please proceed to throw yourself into the largest grease-fire pit imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2020 4:19 AM

I am sick to my stomach. All those people who made it hard to unify the party around a candidate - a Democratic candidate early on in 2016. I am including Obama in this. Wasting time worrying about pandering to the Bernie Bros. Wasting time echoing 30 years of rethuglican lies about Hillary.

Thanks, you mother fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2020 4:34 AM

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a very selfish person who was asked by many people, many times to retire when it was possible for Obama to name a replacement. She is responsible for this utter mess the country is now in and it was all avoidable. My opinion of her has changed because of her refusal to retire when it would have been more advantageous to liberals.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2020 12:08 PM

"This cunt has those same neurotic, signature repug, deer-in-the-headlight eyes. We’ve all seen them on these bitches. EVERY fucking one of them"

Basing an opinion on how someone looks is rather like racial profiling, isn't it?

Objections should be based only on1) her judicial qualifications, 2) her ability to set her personal opinions (you know the old saying, Ppinions are like arseholes, everyone has one) asdie and adhere to the law, and 3) her frankness in disclosing those opinions under public questioning.

Overturning Roe v. Wade or any other previous judgement is not a matter so easily done and any politician worth his salt knows that once you set precedents like that, the next one up can do so, as well. Precedent is more dangerous than anything else - not to mention the revolt by the citizenry in subsequent elections.

Roe v. Wade has been quietly eroded throughout America at the state level, so far as I can tell. Using the SCOTUS to hammer that last nail in would be, in my view, politically unnecessary given the erosion at the state levels, create more problems socially and in subsequent elections than anyone needs, ditto gay marriage.

Both the hysterical predictions of the halt of progress, and the dreams of the rigntwing nuts at this appointment, should it occur, are overblown.

A far more likely occurrence, however, on the negative side, is the continued partiality toward letting corporate interests off the hook and further detriment to the economic power of an already moribund labour movement in America, which would effect absolutely everyone: gay, straight, black, white, yellow, brown, trans, etc.

There really are more alarming and broader issues at stake in a stacked conservative court than gay marriage, and I say this as an eldergay, and abortion.

The real path to control and power is economics and cui bono and all that.

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2020 12:19 PM

^*which would AFFECT (not effect)

R40

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2020 12:20 PM

yes, it is true she will be another corporate whore along with every Republican appointee, and Democrats need to hammer home that she WILL overturn the ACA. That will happen, and millions will lose health coverage. And every Republican that votes to confirm her will be part of that and those that can should pay a price for that in November. That should be the central theme. But yes, she will also vote to overturn Roe v Wade, and then the politics of that get very unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Pelican Brief

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2020 7:35 PM

I don't think these Republican Senators really want Roe v Wade overturned. What will they campaign on then? A lot of pro-lifers are single-issue abortion voters. There'd be no reason for them to vote at all in the future.

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2020 7:43 PM

Fixed term limits need to imposed and an expansion of the court is the only real way to rectify this nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2020 7:59 PM

White America wants the Obamacare killed just to spite the poor and minorities.

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2020 8:03 PM

There was a lot of hand-wringing worry over Jack Kennedy' campaign in 1960. Would he take orders from Rome? Would he oppress non-Catholics?

Sixty years later, five of eight Supreme Court justices are Catholic. With Barret, it would be six of nine, two-thirds Catholic. I have nothing against Catholics personally, but a super-majority of Supreme Court justices of the same religion does not represent the country. IIRC, the US is just, roughly, one quarter self-idenitified Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2020 8:05 PM

R47 Biden is Catholic, Nancy Pelosi is also Catholic. It's not their religion that bothers me it's their right wing ideology and agenda.

Amy Barrett is a fundamentalist.

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2020 8:12 PM

Neither Biden nor Pelosi have lifetime appointments.

by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2020 8:13 PM

R47 not only Catholic but a super conservative form of Catholicism that most Catholics don't adhere to

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2020 8:19 PM

R49 Simple solution to that is fixed term limits.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote]Neither Biden nor Pelosi have lifetime appointments.

Pelosi does. She has been in Congress for 34 years, and will have her seat until she dies or retires.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2020 8:23 PM

R50 Completely agree with you. Spot on

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2020 8:23 PM

R51, amending the Constitution is not simple.

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2020 8:39 PM

But what is the case for her that will be presented in the hearings? And what will the Democrats do to make her looks bad? It's probably not going to have anything to do with her background:

[quote] There’s little doubt about Barrett’s popularity among her Notre Dame colleagues and students, who have voted her three times as professor of the year. A 1997 graduate of the law school, Barrett was recruited back in 2002 to join the faculty. She has continued teaching since being confirmed to the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in 2017.

[quote] Barrett, the oldest of seven children, now has a large family herself, with she and her husband, Jesse, raising seven children in South Bend, including two adopted from Haiti. [She also is raising a special-needs child.]

[quote] "What greater thing can you do than raise children?" she told the audience in Washington. "That’s where you have your greatest impact on the world."

[quote] One of Barrett’s former students, Krista Cox, said she found Barrett to be "immensely fair" when she attended law school about 15 years ago. "I don’t think she was one to let her own political ideology or Catholicism tint or change the way she approached the law," Cox said. "My interactions with her in the classroom are just that she was a brilliant legal mind, but she didn’t try to persuade someone to the correct political way to view this."

[quote] Notre Dame colleague on Barrett: "She’s mind-blowingly intelligent, and she’s also one of the most humble people you’re going to meet. Judge Barrett is the complete package."

This will be a tough one. Democrats will almost surely need to focus on her writing and judicial opinions and the dangers they pose. This doesn't look like Brett Kavanaugh, ver 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2020 8:43 PM

So, was Amy's family surname "Hotdog" until they changed it to "Coney" at Ellis Island?

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2020 8:44 PM

they just need to focus on the fact that she is a wingnut dingbat who will take away everyone's health insurance, r55. Who the fuck cares that her Notre Dame colleagues want to fuck her. Fuck that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2020 8:58 PM

[Quote] White America wants the Obamacare killed just to spite the poor and minorities.

The irony is the vast majority benefitting from ACA are white people

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2020 9:00 PM

[Quote] One of Barrett’s former students, Krista Cox, said she found Barrett to be "immensely fair" when she attended law school about 15 years ago

Um, if you’re at Notre Dame Law School, my guess is you think anything that follows your right wing point of view will be considered fair.

What a coincidence that she’s against gay marriage and abortion in her legal record and Catholic doctrine is against those things too.

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote]This will be a tough one. Democrats will almost surely need to focus on her writing and judicial opinions and the dangers they pose. This doesn't look like Brett Kavanaugh, ver 2.

I can't wait to see Kamala Harris gut her like a fish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2020 9:16 PM

Bitch is speaking. Horrible voice. Praises Scalia.

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2020 9:18 PM

She has baby voice.

by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2020 9:22 PM

oh great, abused by a priest, and now buys into the whole bullshit thing because, abuse. Super.

by Anonymousreply 63September 26, 2020 9:25 PM

I love how Never-Trump hero George Conway, Mr. KellyAnne, is all over Twitter trying to assure his new Democratic fans that Barrett isn't a far-right loon who will vote to overturn Roe v Wade. He's part of the Federalist Society cabal who keeps choosing these nutcase judges.

by Anonymousreply 64September 26, 2020 9:31 PM

yeah, fuck that noise r64, Everyone knows she is going to be the vote to overturn Roe v Wade. And then things get very interesting, particularly in northern states. I think they become No Republican Land, but I guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 65September 26, 2020 9:34 PM

I'm not just worried about Roe. She will overturn the ACA. She will vote to overturn gay marriage. All of it. I don't trust this bitch to be an impartial justice for one second. I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 66September 26, 2020 9:38 PM

that is true too r66. She's a fanatical Christian and a fanatical Corporatist.

by Anonymousreply 67September 26, 2020 9:39 PM

She is against women's right to choose, and she is against unions, but fertilized embryos are people, and corporations are people.

by Anonymousreply 68September 26, 2020 9:52 PM

Republicans are also assuming she's the vote to give Trump the election when they cheat their asses off, dispute results and try to steal the election via the court. But I truly think Joe might win this in an obvious landslide on election night. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 69September 26, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote]The irony is the vast majority benefitting from ACA are white people

Oh, I know. They will gladly cut off their nose to spite their face though.

by Anonymousreply 70September 26, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]Republicans are also assuming she's the vote to give Trump the election when they cheat their asses off, dispute results and try to steal the election via the court.

This shit is not gonna fly. If Trump loses decisively and tries to contest it, the protests right now will seem like child's play. People will burn the White House down.

by Anonymousreply 71September 26, 2020 10:05 PM

honestly, I hope so r71. Wishing for violence is usually a terrible idea, but honestly, i wish there is a crazy violent reaction if Trump literally steals this thing.

by Anonymousreply 72September 26, 2020 10:25 PM

I’d like to see our remaining liberal justices corner this cunt, and read her the riot act.

Meaning, watch your step dearie, or watch your back.

by Anonymousreply 73September 26, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote] I seriously think we are done with nice. Really think we are done with that.

Before 𝒏𝒐𝒘 it's been nice?

by Anonymousreply 74September 26, 2020 10:32 PM

even the bots are getting desperate. it's marvelous in our eyes. Trump is doomed and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 75September 26, 2020 10:36 PM

A lot of those folks don't realize they actually have Obama care. They think they have their own healthcare and that Obamacare is some horrible insurance that some other people have. Somebody needs to point out that they actually have healthcare under the Affordable Healthcare Act. There is nothing actually named Obamacare.

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2020 10:42 PM

true. Some moron was interviewed saying he doesn't care what happens to Obamacare, he is covered by ACA!

by Anonymousreply 77September 26, 2020 10:44 PM

It's 2020. Imagine believing a thing Donald Trump says. What kind of stupid cunt do you have to be to believe a word that idiot says?

by Anonymousreply 78September 26, 2020 10:50 PM

I think now would be a good time for House Democrats to start impeachment against Attorney General Barr to slow this confirmation process down.

by Anonymousreply 79September 26, 2020 11:31 PM

She accepts the nomination in the video at link.

Youtubers are confused at the 2:00 mark when she appears to say the word poignant.

She leaves no doubt in this acceptance speech that she is Scalia's baby, heart and soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2020 12:00 AM

FAIL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 27, 2020 12:09 AM

More Barrett intel from Slate. ACB opposed the appointment of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court because his appointment would "dramatically flip the balance of the power on the court."

[quote] Judge Barrett argued in 2016 that Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court was somehow to be viewed through the lens of raw partisan power: “We’re talking about him being replaced by someone who could dramatically flip the balance of power on the court. It’s not a lateral move.” But the fact that the voters should be allowed to select the nominee in 2016, and the voters—many of whom have already cast ballots—should not be allowed to select the nominee in 2020 (despite polls showing that most voters do not want a justice seated before the election) is also something that nobody mentioned in the Rose Garden (ACB's acceptance speech) either. It would seem that “dramatically flipping the balance of power at the court” is just different when Republicans do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 27, 2020 12:33 AM

R46 - Are you fucking kidding?! "White" America includes huge swaths of working-class AND middle-class people strangling economically over the cost of health-care and taking advantage of the ACA. See the information below.

This is the kind of mindless claptrap that brings down the level of political discussion on this site as the tribal bullshit takes over.

"White" America is being raped and pillaged by Big PhaRma and Big Hospital just like most everyone else. The cost of healthcare in your country is the primary component of America's standard of living as measured internationally coming in behind places like Denmark, Norway, and Canada.

Next time Trump whinges about why "we" don't get immigrants from Norway, someone should pull out the chart showing America in the bottom five and Norway or Switzerland in the top three, and the explanation of why.

Here, dumbfuck:

"Coverage gains were broad-based; the number of uninsured fell substantially among all Americans under age 65, for both men and women, and across subgroups based on race/ethnicity, levels of educational attainment, and states.

Among those gaining coverage from 2010 to 2015, 8.2 million (43 percent) were non-Hispanic white, 2.8 million (15 percent) were non-Hispanic black, 6.2 million (32 percent) were Hispanic, and 2.0 million (10 percent) were other non-Hispanics.

• The large majority (87 percent) of adults gaining coverage from 2010 to 2015 did not have a college degree. Among them, 6.2 million were non-Hispanic white and 7.9 million were nonwhite or Hispanic.

Any more bullshit you want to spout?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 27, 2020 12:30 PM

Let her through, win the election, pack the Court.

by Anonymousreply 84September 27, 2020 12:36 PM

R75 Love your QEI quote.

Hope you are right.

by Anonymousreply 85September 27, 2020 2:03 PM

R85 here.

Of course, she was quoting Psalms but she made it famous when she was made Queen.

by Anonymousreply 86September 27, 2020 2:05 PM

Biden 's talking point is how her confirmation will mean the end of the Affordable Care Act and the consequences of that during a pandemic. Interesting strategy.

by Anonymousreply 87September 27, 2020 4:56 PM

If Trump finally gets a plan, he may have some policies for people with preexisting conditions, but they would be incredibly expensive. And huge deductibles. But he can say there is coverage. He expects if you have something wrong you need to pay more.....way more. Thousands a month more. Not many will be able to afford it.

by Anonymousreply 88September 27, 2020 8:15 PM

Scalia died suddenly. She was one of his flock. Would he have anointed her or another acolyte, who knows? But she is a female and a mother which is what Trump desperately needs.

by Anonymousreply 89September 27, 2020 11:49 PM

Millions of women voted for Trump.

Millions of women will still vote for Trump.

Millions of women will still vote against other women, and that's why women are always fucked. They refuse to support and defend their own rights because....reasons.

Let's stop worrying about them, and resume once they quit voting against themselves. Until then, you just have to hope their suffering and inconvenience somehow leads to an "aha!" moment. If not, then maybe it was never really such a big problem to begin with? The millions of GOP-voting women added to the women who refuse to show up to vote ARE the majority of US women, and it doesn't seem to be any problem for them, so...what does that tell you?

by Anonymousreply 90September 28, 2020 4:01 AM

Repubs play the game well, better than Dems, so far....I am not sure if there is any hope of stopping this shit train. Wish RBG had retired when the going was good.

by Anonymousreply 91September 29, 2020 12:22 AM

R47 Jack Kennedy didn't speak "in tongues". This Coney cunt does. She belongs to a Charismatic Catholic offshoot group which is completely insane. They also believe in End Times prophecy, AKA The Doomsday Cult, or more formally, Premillennial Dispensationalism. This is the belief in the "Rapture", wherein the godly saved Christians disappear into thin air (ascended into heaven) whilst the heathens, pagans, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and the various other non-believers are left here to struggle, suffer, and hopefully choose the Christ "the hard way". You simply have NOT been paying attention if you think such comparisons are fair.

No one with these extreme beliefs ought to be confirmed for the SC.

by Anonymousreply 92September 29, 2020 1:10 AM

R92, I knew Barrett was a conservative Catholic; I didn't realize that Barrett was a Charismatic Catholic. Charismatics (of any Christian sect) believe that they possess "gifts of the spirit," such as speaking in tongues, prophesy, snake-handling, etc. Her belief system is no different than many Protestant fundamentalists. That would explain why she doesn't believe in honoring precedent. She believes that she receives revelations from God, which are more important than trivial things like secular law.

This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 93September 29, 2020 1:43 AM

R93 Are you R47? I'm glad you've ascertained the difference. If you're not R47, I hope he sees the light as well. Frankly, I don't see how Notre Dame, or any mainstream Catholics can even consider her as a Catholic any longer. I wish a devout Catholic would opine, but from my knowledge of Theology, and general Catholic teaching, these beliefs contradict Catholic doctrine from Rome.

I may be mistaken, but other than a second coming of their Messiah, there are no such beliefs in Catholicism. Catholics I know have described this set of beliefs as a "Protestant Invention" which stems from a misunderstanding or misinterpretation of their scriptures. No Rapture with suffering and dying Jews, etc.

Whilst some do indeed believe a role is to be played by an Antichrist figure, this teaching is not central to the faith. I have also been told there is no belief in an apocalyptic style end of the world by mainstream Catholics, and that their Nicene Creed professes a world without end. Roman Catholics should distance themselves from Coney-Barret, and make these distinctions more widely known.

by Anonymousreply 94September 29, 2020 2:11 AM

Dahlia Lithwick, a friend of RBG's writes a great takedown article of Trump's nomination, the Right's lack of originality and this woman who's job is to take down everything RBG ever did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 29, 2020 2:51 AM

She’s a straight white man in drag

by Anonymousreply 96September 29, 2020 3:47 AM

I hope she talks about her sex life and how she enjoys a big cock.

by Anonymousreply 97September 29, 2020 12:29 PM

[quote]Frankly, I don't see how Notre Dame, or any mainstream Catholics can even consider her as a Catholic any longer. I wish a devout Catholic would opine, but from my knowledge of Theology, and general Catholic teaching, these beliefs contradict Catholic doctrine from Rome.

I don’t know her.

by Anonymousreply 98September 29, 2020 3:16 PM

In 2017 Al Franken questioned Amy during her first confirmation hearing. He wondered why she spoke before an anti-gay group listed on the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group.

I predict that this time she will be SWIFTY confirmed. No one, Republican or Democrat, will be able to stand listening to her voice for three days. "Just confirm her and get her out of here."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 29, 2020 4:34 PM

Still mad as hell at the old fart who didn't retire when there was a chance for a moderate/liberal replacement......gets my blood pressure up that we are all in this mess right now.....so preventable.

by Anonymousreply 100September 29, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote] and this woman who's job is to take down everything RBG ever did.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 101September 30, 2020 12:38 PM

Amy apparently lied on her questionnaire submitted to the Judiciary Committee.

Amy thinks it would be appropriate to imprison any woman who doesn't use every single egg that was gathered for IVF.

You know, something Hitler would do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 1, 2020 3:24 PM

Yes, E102. Lying is apparently ok in her world view, but not discarding an unused IVF embryo.

by Anonymousreply 103October 1, 2020 7:26 PM

I think it is necessary to postpone any hearings for at least 14 days since Coney Barrett has met with Trump last week and she should self quarantine for 2 weeks.

I emailed Chuck Schumer to ask him to press this issue and fight for it.

We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 104October 2, 2020 6:51 PM

Amy already had Covid-19 in the summer.

And now:

[quote] As the Supreme Court nominee, Barrett is now tested daily and most recently had a negative coronavirus test Friday morning, according to deputy White House press secretary Judd Deere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 2, 2020 8:56 PM

Amy wants this seat bad. You know she would be more than willing to Zoom into the hearings.

by Anonymousreply 106October 2, 2020 8:58 PM

Gurl, you better work Chuck Schumer!

by Anonymousreply 107October 2, 2020 10:10 PM

Please email Chuckles Schumer to let him know that the entire Senate needs to self quarantine for the next 2 weeks before anything can happen with this Judge and her confirmation. Postpone bitches.

by Anonymousreply 108October 3, 2020 2:25 PM

What exactly did they say? I read that she had it months ago.

by Anonymousreply 109October 3, 2020 2:29 PM

Chuckles Schumer has a torrid affair with Amy Coney Barrett during a quiet Shabbas weekend in 2004. He still carries a torch for her. He won't do anything to stop this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 110October 3, 2020 8:28 PM

R99, King Covid may intervene.

by Anonymousreply 111October 3, 2020 8:38 PM

Her entire time on the SCOTUS will be tainted by the carnage of that nomination ceremony, esp. if Trump or anyone else dies. In no small part because she said she tested poz earlier this year. Is she Covid Amy? Who knows...

by Anonymousreply 112October 4, 2020 2:48 AM

I hope someone asks her, “Do you believe life begins at conception?”.

by Anonymousreply 113October 4, 2020 6:27 PM

Does her pussay smell like lavender?

by Anonymousreply 114October 4, 2020 10:12 PM

The fucking bitch SPEAKS IN TONGUES...

At least one person is speaking out:

"It has taken decades of therapy and hard work to overcome the intense feelings of shame and fear of damnation that she said marked her childhood. The Christian faith group, based in South Bend, Indiana, dominated every aspect of her early life, she said."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 11, 2020 2:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!