Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miley Cyrus Goes Viral For Covering Blondie's "Heart Of Glass" at the iHeart Radio Festival

What do we think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2020 6:03 AM

At least she can sing, which a lot of these pop kweens can’t.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2020 1:22 PM

I actually don't mind her vocal style for this song. The screaming southern rocker thing weirdly works for Blondie songs.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2020 1:25 PM

Her band sounds good, but I'll stick with DH's original vocal. Miley's is way too aggressive for the tone of the song. I like her outfit, though. She looks good.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2020 1:25 PM

No. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2020 1:26 PM

If she weren't batshit, she wouldn't be all that bad.

I mean, she's no Debbie Harry, but there is a quality about both her singing and her performing that isn't terrible, especially compared to the likes of Ariana Grande and her ilk.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2020 1:27 PM

She does the disco/glam rock thing well. I like that direction for her career.

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2020 1:27 PM

sorry, but i haven't seen or heard this much "butchering" since i last visited the grocery store.....

loud, annoying, screaming, and on and on..... that's talent? that's a singing voice?...

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2020 1:32 PM

Atrocious

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2020 1:33 PM

Please stop using "went viral" for just anything that goes on the Internet. This was intended to be seen by a large number of people.

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2020 1:33 PM

She sounds like a chain-smoking East German female swimmer with a headcold

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2020 1:34 PM

DAMN, THAT SOUNDED LIKE IT HURT! will she even be able to talk in a few years?!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2020 1:35 PM

Really makes me appreciate Debbie's light touch. So many people now think singing has to be screaming at the top of your lungs with no nuance. Deb had a jazz singer's instincts.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2020 1:37 PM

She trying to turn it into a metal song and it doesn’t work.

That drummer is no Clem Burke.

Visually, awful haircut and awful, strangely unsexy outfit. Makes me appreciate the original song and video in every way.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2020 1:44 PM

[Quote] Miley's is way too aggressive for the tone of the song.

"Soon turned out to be a pain in the ass."

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2020 1:45 PM

r13 Certainly looks better than Blondie ever did.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2020 1:49 PM

[Quote] Certainly looks better than Blondie ever did.

You smoke crack?

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2020 1:55 PM

Miley kind of looks a lot like Cilla Black in that video.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2020 1:56 PM

She always starts out so hard and loud she doesn’t have anywhere to go.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2020 1:56 PM

She looks rough and I don’t like her get-up, like a cross between Jane Fonda in Klute and Rebecca Romijn in Femme Fatale. Sinéad O’Connor was right, put your clothes back on, Miley!

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2020 1:57 PM

Debbie was almost 8 years older than Miley when she made her version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2020 1:58 PM

Atrocious. DH sang with a combination of disdain and indifference. She was magic.

Miley just shouts her way through it. And drops the best lyric:

Once I had a love and it was a gas

Soon turned out to be a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2020 2:03 PM

Right, starts out loud and stays loud with no nuance. She might as well be screaming a coke commercial.

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2020 2:04 PM

I would have liked the outfit but it accentuated her flat ass. I like Miley for the most part, but this was not artful. The timing was off and there was no narrative of intensity. The whole effect was try hard, like she was intimidated to be singing it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2020 2:04 PM

R15 Blondie is a band.

If you mean Cyrus is better looking than Deborah Harry, your tastes are in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2020 2:23 PM

The original. Blondie are the epitome of cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2020 2:24 PM

No. Blondie was subtle and suggestive. Not screaming

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2020 2:30 PM

William Hung could have sung it with more nuance.

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2020 2:30 PM

I think it would have been better if she'd altered the soundtrack away from disco, to suit the way frustrated and angsty way she delivers the vocals. Maybe another Blondie song would have been better for her to cover. This is Debbie's signature song.

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2020 2:32 PM

Blondie sound and Debbie everything achieved a very chic louche. And that's practically an oxymoron but there were groups in the 70s 80s who could do it. Mick Jagger in his calmer moods did it. I can see why Miley wanted to do it because she is always trying louche but she's always failing.

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2020 2:35 PM

You're not very familiar with Blondie if you think they had one aesthetic. "One Way or Another" is worlds apart from "Heart of Glass," and that includes vocal delivery.

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2020 2:38 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2020 2:39 PM

Miley should cover X-Offender.

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2020 2:39 PM

MIley's version is very punk although she should've swallowed some of the words since her pronounciation sounds weird. Still, it's a different take on a classic. At least she's not trying to be Debbie Harry.

And she does have a great voice. I only now found out Dolly Parton is her godmother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2020 2:48 PM

Miley Cyrus Goes Viral For Covering Blondie's "Heart Of Glass" at the iHeart Radio Festival What do we think?

—Anonymous 38 views5 posters

5 repliesan hour ago Miley Cyrus Goes Viral For Covering Blondie's "Heart Of Glass" at the iHeart Radio Festival 5 repliesan hour ago No need to bellow Miley

—MissDoug

reply 130 minutes ago That's a lot of look.

—Anonymous

reply 219 minutes ago I had high hopes but she's singing the shit out of a song which shouldn't be sung that way.

It's too much - too over the top. She needs to back up a bit.

—Anonymous

reply 319 minutes ago Rich kid bad ashes just make me laugh & Cyrus is the perfect example of that. No struggle, no realistic affection for having to defend her craft, no understanding of having to work to support a dream. She's the poster child of corporate entertainment all packaged up in free-spirited punk aggression toward the establishment. She'll never have to exist with the idea of losing anything because of the "rebellious" things she says or does. She performs "Heart Of Glass", and her cover of "Jolene" for that matter, with posed authority & understanding but has neither for either song. All show. She is the fabrication of planning, styling & accustomed indulgence.

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2020 2:49 PM

Loved her "came in like a wrecking ball". This, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2020 2:50 PM

What the fuck are you doing, r34?

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2020 2:51 PM

I might go to see her in concert if she's given up wearing strap ons and fake tits as a stage costume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2020 2:52 PM

This is an abomination

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2020 2:53 PM

I love her haircut. She’s giving off a Joan Jett vibe.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2020 2:55 PM

I think the singing is kind of excellent, but this is karaoke. Kind of a disappointment that Miley did not get more creative with the source material and give it a sound more of her own. Covering is something that Blondie did well. Hanging On the Telephone, Denis, The Tide Is High are all covers and are Blondie classics in their own right.

by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2020 2:59 PM

I've just watched these videos posted here and I have to say, she is a great singer. She's really transformed herself from Disney-pop kid. Maybe I'm not a big fan of the hairdo but she's definitely her own person- way better than the Morticia Adams hair that every other Hollywood woman wears. I also think if she sang Heart of Glass less aggressively everyone would complain that she was trying to copy Debbie Harry. In the infamous words of American Idol, she made it her own.

by Anonymousreply 41September 25, 2020 3:00 PM

How is it karaoke when she's not singing at all like the original singer?

by Anonymousreply 42September 25, 2020 3:03 PM

Is Denis hugely different to Denise?

by Anonymousreply 43September 25, 2020 3:03 PM

Mixed feelings about Heart of Glass, but I will hand it to her: I like this cover of Maneater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 25, 2020 3:04 PM

R43 It's a reversed sex version of the same song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 25, 2020 3:05 PM

[Quote] It's a reversed sex version of the same song.

Of course. But is the arrangement worlds away from the original? Ditto "Hanging on the Telephone"?

by Anonymousreply 46September 25, 2020 3:13 PM

R46 Well the original was Doo-wop and the Blondie version was Punk. So yes they were stylistically getting as far as you could get.

by Anonymousreply 47September 25, 2020 3:23 PM

Miley was wearing Mugler for this performance.

by Anonymousreply 48September 25, 2020 3:26 PM

The choice of a glam rock outfit to sing a punk rock song was confusing.

A few of her initial dance moves seemed a tribute to Harry.

Cyrus should be a rock singer, she's got the voice for it.

Only rock music in 2020 is like Gregorian Chants in 1980

by Anonymousreply 49September 25, 2020 3:32 PM

She has good sense with covers - I really enjoy both her “Jolene” and “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” - but she attacked this one too much.

by Anonymousreply 50September 25, 2020 3:32 PM

The original Denise was sung by the fabulously-named Randy and the Rainbows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 25, 2020 3:53 PM

In no way, is "Denis" by Blondie a punk record. Is Blondie's version of "I'm Gonna Love You Too" also punk?

by Anonymousreply 52September 25, 2020 3:56 PM

"Heart of Glass" is a disco song.

by Anonymousreply 53September 25, 2020 3:57 PM

It would be nice if she could keep in time with the music.

by Anonymousreply 54September 25, 2020 3:59 PM

Blondie also recorded a more stripped down almost Raggae version of the song (I think they called it Once I Had a Love) and it accentuates DH's voice beautifully. I have to agree with rest of the comments that Miley's is way too strained, too much all at once and I generally like Miley.

by Anonymousreply 55September 25, 2020 4:02 PM

Maybe should try One Way or Another or Hanging on the Telephone. Those are “screamier” songs.

by Anonymousreply 56September 25, 2020 4:02 PM

Blondie handpicked their covers spryly, they chose lesser-known but good songs, polished them up and made them sound bigger somehow. It didn't hurt that they weren't a covers band and wrote their own biggest hits.

by Anonymousreply 57September 25, 2020 4:03 PM

She did a cover of Wish You Were Here that made my ears bleed. She sounded like she was vibrating while singing it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 25, 2020 4:04 PM

R56 Or Call Me.

by Anonymousreply 59September 25, 2020 4:05 PM

It's Miley being her usual tryhard self. From her unnecessary caterwauling to her busted catsuit (Mugler at his tackiest) to her excess jewelry to her wig-like mullet, she's always been extra. I'm surprised she didn't stick out her tongue.

[quote]. . .but she's definitely her own person-

I disagree. If, like Madonna, you have to regularly sell a new persona (twerker, stoner, country girl, punk-lite, heavy metal screamer), you're hiding behind imagery, not being consistently yourself.

by Anonymousreply 60September 25, 2020 4:12 PM

Something I noticed from Maneater and Heart of Glass video (aside from the fact she is REALLY channeling Debbie in both), is that Miley puts most of the effort into the first 2 minutes and can't sustain the intensity. She's a good singer and she should learn to conserve more of her energy for the rest of the performance.

by Anonymousreply 61September 25, 2020 4:16 PM

I wanted to hate this. I couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 62September 25, 2020 4:20 PM

I love Miley, I love that she's paying tribute to one of the best bands and best songs of all time. I also love her outfit, hair and makeup!

All of those things are "Fuck yeahs" in my book.

But honestly, I hate the vocals and wish they had done something original with the arrangement.

Debbie Harry's vocals were so sweet, smooth and ethereal. Given how intricate the wordplay is, I don't think Miley should "Janis Joplin" the shit out of them. Some of those stretched notes are really grating and off-key.

And I always want to hear original sounds and styles in covers. I guess that's asking too much. Nothing feels better than those power rock chords, though.

by Anonymousreply 63September 25, 2020 4:28 PM

Yes, the vocals are too aggressive for dainty, tricky notes.

by Anonymousreply 64September 25, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote] Is Blondie's version of "I'm Gonna Love You Too" also punk?

I'm Gonna Love You Too was meant to get some mileage out of a Buddy Holly revival that never really took off.

by Anonymousreply 65September 25, 2020 4:31 PM

Miley said in an interview recently that she likes to sing and sing until she's worn-out and loses her voice.

by Anonymousreply 66September 25, 2020 4:31 PM

If she wanted to screech and Janis Joplin the shit out of Blondie, she should have done "One Way or Another" or "Rip Her to Shreds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Miley Shyrush, Heart of Glash!

That shong takesh me back to 54!

by Anonymousreply 68September 25, 2020 4:39 PM

Yes it is, r43.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 25, 2020 4:43 PM

No it fucking isn't. They are both bouncy, pop renditions.

by Anonymousreply 70September 25, 2020 4:45 PM

You can wear any outfit with any musical aesthetic, r49. I prefer the unexpected.

But if you insist, I'll have you know that punk rock and Blondie CAME from Glam Rock.

The New York Dolls are considered the ultimate, proto-punk band that influenced all later punks. And Joan Jett originally modeled herself after glam rockers — it was the press that labeled her "punk" and pointed her to the bandwagon she should ride.

by Anonymousreply 71September 25, 2020 4:48 PM

And what does a "punk" song have to sound like in your tiny, little mind, r52?

Blondie's version sped up the tempo, changed the language and sang it with attitude. It's absolutely punk, because it was harkening back to roots rock instead of trying to overwhelm you like other 70s sounds.

I swear to God, if I read anymore TOTAL IGNORANCE and denigration of punk rock by prissy Dataloungers this year, I'm going to Rip Her to Shreds.

by Anonymousreply 72September 25, 2020 4:52 PM

Well, "The Tide is High" is a cover, r55. And beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2020 4:54 PM

r70 is deaf.

Randy and the Rainbows are corny, formulaic doo-wop.

Blondie's version was completely fresh, fast and saucy with a soft smoothness. And singing French to an English audience is punk.

by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2020 4:58 PM

[Quote] And singing French to an English audience is punk.

r74 is Avril Lavigne.

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2020 4:59 PM

Shakin' Stevens harkened back to roots rock. Is he punk too?

by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2020 5:00 PM

R57 it didn’t hurt that they had Chris Stein and Jimmy Destri, both excellent, but very different, songwriters.

by Anonymousreply 77September 25, 2020 5:05 PM

It's a shame Gary Valentine got the boot.

by Anonymousreply 78September 25, 2020 5:06 PM

All these covers seems really desperate. She fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 79September 25, 2020 5:24 PM

I'd rather kill myself than listen to the entire thing.

by Anonymousreply 80September 25, 2020 5:25 PM

Put on some Beverly Sills, r80.

by Anonymousreply 81September 25, 2020 5:35 PM

Most pop musicians harken back to roots rock, r76.

But it has to be combined with other elements to qualify as punk, like Blondie does.

There's nothing rebellious, woke or counter culture about Shakin' Stevens.

by Anonymousreply 82September 25, 2020 5:54 PM

Jimi Hendrix was a punk and he didn't know it? Is Millie Jackson punk?

by Anonymousreply 83September 25, 2020 5:57 PM

SHE SURE AS HELL IS NOT A SINGER! a singer is a storyteller, they tell the story of the song with nuance, and so on.. miley is UTTERLY DEVOID of this! she could be singing about ANYTHING and it would sound alike!.....

she's 'american idol" on steroids...

by Anonymousreply 84September 25, 2020 6:12 PM

R78 Gary was cute!

by Anonymousreply 85September 25, 2020 6:22 PM

She sounds like a vibrating, chain-smoking chipmunk. And her pronunciation is contrived as hell.

by Anonymousreply 86September 25, 2020 6:45 PM

Do you think she takes singing lessons? Cyrus reminds me of Christina Aquilera -- good voice, questionable taste and screamy technique, too stubborn to take direction.

Unrelatedly, the only people who thought the bandwagon jumping New York Dolls were ultimate proto punk were...their NYC stans.

by Anonymousreply 87September 25, 2020 11:07 PM

All society needs is another Deborah Harry clone.

by Anonymousreply 88September 25, 2020 11:14 PM

R88 Lucky for you Cyrus isn’t even close.

by Anonymousreply 89September 25, 2020 11:21 PM

It seems like Harry/Blondie was literally a one in ten million fluke to break out in the 70s. So beautiful as well as an excellent songwriter and musician. It happened organically. She wasn't groomed for superstardom and her parents wern't famous.

Glam Rock Miley isn't even that contrived by today's standards. Miley does have some talent, a famous surname, and an army of helping hands behind the scenes. Wrecking Ball had two producers and six different songwriters...

by Anonymousreply 90September 25, 2020 11:42 PM

It didn't happen organically. Debbie had been on the scene a long time. She's even referred to the "Blondie character." She'd been in a Mamas & Papas rip off (Wind In the Willows) and a girl group (The Stilettos) before she and Chris Stein put Blondie together. Both were very savvy.

by Anonymousreply 91September 25, 2020 11:45 PM

It's not like either of her previous bands were fantastically successful though. Blondie came up playing grubby clubs like every other CBGB-era band in NY. They just happened on a formula that worked this time & was in sync with the budding punk movement.

by Anonymousreply 92September 26, 2020 12:03 AM

I hate it

by Anonymousreply 93September 26, 2020 12:06 AM

Blondie recently sold all the future royalty rights of their music to a hedge fund, so that will probably mean a lot more Blondie covers. The deal may have something to do with the complicated way Harry and Stein got ripped off by so many terrible business deals in their careers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 26, 2020 12:09 AM

[Quote] They just happened on a formula that worked this time & was in sync with the budding punk movement.

And yet who midwifed their success? Richard Gottehrer and Mike Chapman, both POP producers...

by Anonymousreply 95September 26, 2020 12:17 AM

Cyrus’ voice is rougher than Harry’s but it’s great to hear someone cover the song

by Anonymousreply 96September 26, 2020 12:17 AM

If Blondie were ripped off, why did Debbie stay with Chrysalis for her solo career?

by Anonymousreply 97September 26, 2020 12:18 AM

Oh, NO!

Does anyone know where she got that outfit? I wanna wear it for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 98September 26, 2020 12:44 AM

Watch the video I lasted fifty seconds. You weren't kidding when you said she was just shouting.

Miley looks very cheap.

by Anonymousreply 99September 26, 2020 12:45 AM

R97 Debbie signed with Geffen in 1985 (Cher's label) and then with Sire in 1987 (Madonna's label) in the US after her break from music. She stayed with Chrysalis internationally and the UK to distribute her, probably out of loyalty and because they had been good to her.

Deborah refused to work manically as Blondie had done, and her solo records did not fly together in the studio with ease, so only one solo record every 4 years as opposed to a new record every year with Blondie, she became an expensive artist for them to keep financing.

by Anonymousreply 100September 26, 2020 12:48 AM

There was also the drugs...

by Anonymousreply 101September 26, 2020 12:51 AM

Some of Debbie's solo work was very charming and is still fresh sounding today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 26, 2020 12:52 AM

"Strike Me Pink" has aged better than "I Can See Clearly."

by Anonymousreply 103September 26, 2020 12:53 AM

I think Blondie got ripped off by their manager, not their record company (think Pebbles and TLC).

by Anonymousreply 104September 26, 2020 1:14 AM

Allan Klein?

by Anonymousreply 105September 26, 2020 1:15 AM

Miley should quit trying to make her voice sound anything other than what it is...country . Its her strength ,I dont know why she doesnt just roll with it. Id have been far more interested in this had she given it a country angle. I like Miley and I think shes a good performer .Thats an important distinction,shes more a performer than a vocal talent.

by Anonymousreply 106September 26, 2020 1:22 AM

I think the manager was called Peter Leeds. They had to give him a huge chunk of their sales just to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 107September 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Country is niche. Miley will eventually return to it when her pop career is truly over.

by Anonymousreply 108September 26, 2020 1:26 AM

She is a great role model. I like her openness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 26, 2020 1:27 AM

R109 These pissing pics make me want fuck her pussy, lol.

by Anonymousreply 110September 26, 2020 1:44 AM

Miley fan here. I quite enjoyed this. OP's video cuts off partway through, so here's the whole thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 26, 2020 1:50 AM

Where’s the disco ?

by Anonymousreply 112September 26, 2020 1:57 AM

I think it’s a respectable and a respectful cover. The clip of Cyrus covering Dolly Patton’s Jolene is excellent (the keyboardist is distracting in his handsomeness).

Deborah Harry’s giant face was so beautiful and she was extremely engaging as a performer. She didn’t really know how to move on stage, and just sort of twitched, shuffled and hopped, but that is part of her appeal.

Miley pushes her voice so hard. She might need to go off to an island and stay silent for a month like Annie Lenox did, or have surgery like Adele. She’s talented, but I wonder how her voice will hold up over time. She must be a smoker, right?

by Anonymousreply 113September 26, 2020 2:04 AM

Patton is meant to spell “Parton”.

by Anonymousreply 114September 26, 2020 2:04 AM

R113 I think she already had surgery

by Anonymousreply 115September 26, 2020 2:08 AM

That sounded better in the first, shorter clip. In the full length video at r111, the song gets away from her.

Is she warm enough in that outfit?

by Anonymousreply 116September 26, 2020 2:12 AM

That was shit.

Debbie Harry should get on twitter and tell Miley to stay away from her song book.

Heart of Glass is a great song, not surprised people connected to it, too bad they had to listen to that screaming over an amazing track.

by Anonymousreply 117September 26, 2020 2:15 AM

IMO Miley's cover of Heart Of Glass rocks.

by Anonymousreply 118September 26, 2020 2:15 AM

Covering Pink Floyd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 26, 2020 3:25 AM

Miley and Ariana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 26, 2020 3:30 AM

You ancient, dusty queens are something else.

That was fucking EPIC!

by Anonymousreply 121September 26, 2020 3:51 AM

R121 Know Your Place, whore.

by Anonymousreply 122September 26, 2020 3:56 AM

[quote] That was shit. Debbie Harry should get on twitter and tell Miley to stay away from her song book.

Debbie Harry would never air grievances on twitter. She always loves and supports the little popettes at least publicly. I would dearly love to know what she thinks of them in private though.

by Anonymousreply 123September 26, 2020 4:05 AM

R121: Pffft! The words of someone whose ideas of art and talent are limited to his own generation. Hon, it’s all been done before and done better.

How is Miley even close to epic when she’s turned into a screaming cover singer?

by Anonymousreply 124September 26, 2020 4:06 AM

SHE EPIC DUDE WOOHOO

by Anonymousreply 125September 26, 2020 11:57 AM

by Anonymousreply 126September 26, 2020 12:00 PM

[quote] The words of someone whose ideas of art and talent are limited to his own generation.

I think that sentence is in the dictionary next to "Baby Boomer," though.

by Anonymousreply 127September 26, 2020 12:27 PM

as a old fart myself, not sure, but is the iHEART radio festival exclusive millennials in the audience? if so, how many would have known of the hit that was "heart of glass"?...

by Anonymousreply 128September 26, 2020 12:49 PM

Peter Leeds

by Anonymousreply 129September 26, 2020 12:53 PM

A friend went into a record store in a supposedly cultured major city to inquire if they had any Early Music in stock, and the adorable clerk responded, uhhh do you mean Motown?

by Anonymousreply 130September 26, 2020 1:31 PM

r123 On the BBC America show Killing Eve the character Villanelle played by Jodie Comer sings a bit of One Way Or Another in one of the episodes in season 2. Debbie Harry tweeted her appreciation and support right after it aired.

So far nothing from Debbie on Miley eh?

r121 being ancient and dusty means we are used to hearing real talent. It means our introduction to music included the icons these younger singers wish to emulate. We are used to originals not poor copies.

by Anonymousreply 131September 26, 2020 5:08 PM

r53 it's a reggae song.

r1 that's not a live mike to my ears.

by Anonymousreply 132September 26, 2020 9:13 PM

R131 Debbie’s simply jealous

by Anonymousreply 133September 26, 2020 9:31 PM

Deborah Harry is used to young artists copying and covering her band. I’m sure she appreciates their reverence.

by Anonymousreply 134September 26, 2020 10:15 PM

Rock version beats a disco version every time, ok ?

by Anonymousreply 135September 26, 2020 10:25 PM

Well, if you have to ask...

by Anonymousreply 136September 26, 2020 10:26 PM

Rock beats disco. Period.

by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2020 10:27 PM

I will CUT you R137 !

by Anonymousreply 138September 26, 2020 10:41 PM

Rock is dead. Long live Disco!

by Anonymousreply 139September 26, 2020 10:45 PM

Disco is so 70s. Rock is eternal

by Anonymousreply 140September 26, 2020 10:46 PM

Rock is retrograde.

by Anonymousreply 141September 26, 2020 10:48 PM

Miley has such a really annoying voice, a kind of prison warden's voice.

by Anonymousreply 142September 26, 2020 10:51 PM

I don’t know what Liam saw in her except the money

by Anonymousreply 143September 26, 2020 10:55 PM

His cock, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 144September 26, 2020 11:08 PM

R144 ???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 27, 2020 11:09 AM

Miley unfortunately has a rather mundane voice that she desperate to somehow make interesting

by Anonymousreply 146September 27, 2020 11:34 AM

R146 I think her voice sounds good here, especially the talking parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 27, 2020 11:44 AM

Oh honey, she went viral a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 148September 27, 2020 12:52 PM

This hooker was also performing with autotune plus a supporting lead vocal. Talent, my ass. And put your mosquito bites away, we've seen them too many times already.

by Anonymousreply 149September 27, 2020 1:00 PM

Miley Virus is my Corona Drag Name.

by Anonymousreply 150September 27, 2020 1:01 PM

I wonder if she is ever going to fix her ugly gremlin-like mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 27, 2020 1:09 PM

R149 - is there another lead vocal blended into Miley in Heart of Glass? Is there a moment in the song I can hear it?

by Anonymousreply 152September 27, 2020 1:35 PM

R151 fix it how??

by Anonymousreply 153September 27, 2020 2:04 PM

R153 Korean plastic surgery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 27, 2020 2:17 PM

Her grill HAS been fixded, fank u.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 27, 2020 2:23 PM

R155 still too teethy....before she looked really inbred.

by Anonymousreply 156September 27, 2020 2:29 PM

I didn't like her version at all.

by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2020 6:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!