Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rose McGowan calls Alyssa Milano 'the leader of Karens'

Alyssa Milano’s former Charmed co-star Rose McGowan accused her Wednesday of being the “Leader of Karens,” after a report that Milano called law enforcement on someone in her neighborhood with a gun.

McGowan shared a Daily Mail headline that accused Milano of “sparking massive police presence in her quiet California neighborhood claiming an armed gunman was on her property — but it was really a teen shooting at squirrels with an airgun.”

[quote] Who is the Leader of Karens? Alyssa Milano — Rose McGowan (@rosemcgowan) September 23, 2020

However, the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office told Yahoo Entertainment that Milano was not the person to report the man.

“The initial call came from someone else in the neighborhood who had spotted the man with the rifle in the open space,” the office’s Sgt. Marta Bugarin said in a statement. “Once deputies arrived and began searching the area, our dispatchers received calls from multiple people on multiple streets who provided information about the man with the rifle.”

Bugarin said the report that the culprit was really a teen with an airgun shooting at squirrels was true.

The Who’s the Boss? actress explained her perspective on what happened Tuesday on Twitter. She was already dealing with accusations, because she’s a supporter of the movement to defund police.

[quote] @Alyssa_Milano Apparently, rightwing media & trolls have decided that they should target me because my neighbor called the police after seeing a person dressed in black holding a rifle behind my home where I live with my young children and husband. Here is my statement and what really happened.

“On Sunday morning as we were all getting ready to watch the Giants game, a neighbor spotted ‘a man dressed all in black, walking in the woods between our properties with a gun.’ As that is a rare sight in our parts, the neighbor was understandably alarmed and she called the police,” Milano said. “We then received a call alerting us to the potential situation and that officers had been dispatched. My husband subsequently called 911 to check on when police would be arriving. When he was on the line, they arrived.”

Milano noted that the responding officers were “amazing” and made her family feel “safe and secure” until they figured out what was going on.

“I would like to thank the brave men and women of the Ventura County Sheriffs [sic] as well as all the other officers who came to protect and serve our neighborhood,” she said. “These are exactly the type of situations that police officers are trained for and responding to, and we will always support police having the resources they need for appropriate policing actions. We’d love to see equally trained non-police professionals respond to addiction and mental health crises and non-violent events so that these brave officers can do the jobs they are so good at handling, as they demonstrated this weekend.”

The actresses-turned-activists have publicly clashed over the years, after having played sisters on the Aaron Spelling show about sister witches from 2001 to 2006. Just last month, they had a back and forth over politics and what happened on the set of their show, among other things.

The show actually premiered in 1998 with Shannen Doherty as the co-star of Milano and Holly Marie Combs. McGowan joined the cast at the beginning of Season 4 and stayed with it until it concluded in May 2006.

Since then, both women have been increasingly vocal about political issues, such as the #MeToo movement. One of Milano’s next projects is Surge, a documentary about the record number of women who ran for Congress in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2021 5:34 AM

It would be more appropriate to refer to Milano as the Mother of all Karens.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2020 5:11 AM

Alyssa to Rose...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2020 5:12 AM

Internalized misogyny is a hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2020 5:13 AM

Conservatives are the biggest pushers of fake news

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2020 5:14 AM

OK, Rose, so do you want women to be outspoken activists for feminist and progressive causes?

Or do you want them to stay home and shut up, because sticking their necks out will subject them to mockery over unrelated events in their lives?

Pick one. Because the right wing will tear them apart. You're supposed to be helping.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2020 5:14 AM

"The leader of Karens."

Rofl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2020 5:14 AM

Hey hey!

Ho ho!

Rose McGowan's got to go!

Hey hey!

Ho ho!

Rose McGowan's got to go!

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2020 5:16 AM

People who mistreat squirrels should be shot!

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2020 5:19 AM

She's halfway right but nuts herself, so

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2020 5:19 AM

Look, I'm all for smaller police budgets, demilitarization, and more money for community groups and social services, but to think that police shouldn't be called when a man with a gun is roaming around your neighborhood is insane.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2020 5:22 AM

I guess Rose spends time following conservative media and twitter, that's really where the crazies go to fit in.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2020 5:23 AM

#metooer-than-thou

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2020 5:26 AM

Rose has lost it. She was claiming Election as evidence of Alexander Payne being a pedophile. A) It was based on a BOOK. B) Reese was 22 when it was filmed and none of her scenes were explicit. C) The teacher characters were obviously creeps.

And of course, the Q crowd ate it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2020 5:28 AM

She is completely nuts. What a revolting person. She’s like Susan Sarandon but BATSHIT fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2020 5:31 AM

I mean, she still believes Tara Reade for god’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2020 5:31 AM

No, fuck you, Rose. Look up Rebecca Schaefer if you think Alyssa was out of line. Also, I hate guns and am not a tough guy, but if you come on my property with a gun thinking you’re going to shoot squirrels, you will be the one in danger.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2020 5:41 AM

mmmmm...Squirrel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2020 5:41 AM

Alyssa was worried because Secret and Rocky live in her neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2020 5:45 AM

And who the fuck is shooting squirrels in a wealthy residential neighborhood? That's just weird. And asking for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2020 5:46 AM

Buy a squirrel! Don't shoot em!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2020 5:53 AM

R16, exactly. Who in their right mind or with half a brain cell would NOT react that way? It's crazy to blame Alyssa for such a logical response. Rose is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2020 5:55 AM

Rose is so fucking obnoxious. I'm so sick of her " my no no was touched and that makes me the only person to suffer ever!" schtick. Whomever called the cops was correct but let's be real ,there is a hypocritical element to the whole Karen thing. If some working class mother or business owner called authorities people like Alyssa and her Twitter followers would be shrieking Karen the loudest. The media assholes pushing the idea that no one should call cops ever are usually living in gated communities and would jump out of their suits if they saw someone even slightly " off " wandering by their billion dollar mansion.

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2020 6:04 AM

They both need to nude wrestle each other in mud and get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2020 6:20 AM

R23 that would've been nice in the year 2001

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2020 6:25 AM

There's only room for one eternal feud on The Datalounge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2020 6:31 AM

R25 There's still room for Rose and Alyssa. R&A are just the dime store version. Try to be more inclusive.

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2020 6:34 AM

[quote] . If some working class mother or business owner called authorities people like Alyssa and her Twitter followers would be shrieking Karen the loudest.

Not if the mom/business owner called the police about a man with a gun on her property. A Karen is someone who calls the police on unarmed POC entering their own homes, having a bbq in the park, studying in the study lounge in their own dorm, or otherwise minding their own business and doing no one any harm.

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2020 6:48 AM

Why is someone going squirrel hunting in a residential neighbourhood?

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2020 6:55 AM

I was molested.

AND IT'S ALL ALYSSA MILANO'S FAULT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Me too R29!

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2020 4:23 PM

Two batshit crazy psycho women with nothing better to do with their time.

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2020 4:45 PM

Why is Rose McGowan not showing support for the (many) women who have alleged sexual misconduct cases against Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2021 5:08 PM

Because McGowan is Republican.

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2021 5:34 PM

If I was a straight guy, I could see dating Alyssa. Ok, she's a bit much and all, but seems genuine and nice. Rose is just trashy and insane. Also, jealous.

by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Rose McGowan ... isn't she the nitwit who called the Democrats a cult?

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2021 5:49 PM

Alyssa may be loud and obnoxious and overly dramatic but her heart is in the right place and she puts her money where her mouth is. She drives old people to voting locations, etc.

Meanwhile, Rose McGowan is talking about the need for women to defend each other while trashing a famous female co-star, knowing it'll get headlines.

Poor, sad Rose can't go away fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2021 5:50 PM

Air guns are real guns; they can kill and maim humans as well as squirrels. Any teenager going around my neighborhood aiming at squirrels with an airgun would sure as fuck get the cops called on him by me. If that makes me a Karen, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2021 5:53 PM

McGowan only goes after Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2021 5:54 PM

Rose can complain all she wants, but when she aligns herself with the likes of Donald Trump, Roy Moore and Matt Gaetz I feel zero sympathy for her. I'd love to see Alyssa Milano beat the living shit out of her. Alyssa is of Italian blood and she can easily tear that ugly McGowan skank apart.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2021 5:56 PM

Looks like it's time to add more DVDs to the fire (Jawbreaker, Planet Terror etc). I thought I was done after Susan Sarandon and James Woods.

by Anonymousreply 40May 5, 2021 6:00 PM

Rose nailed it. Everyone should refer to Alyssa as Karen Milano.

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2021 6:41 PM

Republicans love to project. So typical.

by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2021 6:48 PM

R38 That seems to be the usual schtick for those whose acting careers have ended. Never the practical solution of just finding another line of work, but rather go on social media and make a bunch of noise about how Hollywood has done them wrong. These people are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 43May 5, 2021 6:56 PM

Look who's talking, Rose

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2021 6:57 PM

Has Rosie commented on the latest Manson allegations?

by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2021 7:05 PM

Manson is another - he’ll attack Al Gore for example but say he “admires Trump”. Only does conservative shows like Tucker Carlson, Bill O’Reilly, Howard Stern (no Howard Stern is not a liberal).

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2021 8:00 PM

McGowan also did Stern.

by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2021 8:01 PM

R17..I'm partial to 'possum myself.

by Anonymousreply 48May 5, 2021 8:20 PM

R47 Do you mean she was on Howard Stern's show or did she blow him?

by Anonymousreply 49May 5, 2021 8:35 PM

She did his show, kween.

by Anonymousreply 50May 5, 2021 8:38 PM

I follow Alyssa Milano on Twitter. Outspoken, yes. A Karen, not at all.

by Anonymousreply 51May 5, 2021 10:43 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2021 1:24 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2021 1:26 PM

I'm just grateful that the shooter wasn't a man of color or this would have become a white privilege thing.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2021 1:31 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2021 1:36 PM

R55 go the fuck back to your Qanon bunker.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2021 4:41 PM

I once ended up with 12 hour ban on Twitter for calling Alyssa Milano a cunt. That was fun

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2021 6:58 PM

r57, you did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2021 7:11 PM

We don't need regular updates on Rose McGowan's crazy tweets. She's certifiable. Giving each crazy claim this hasbeen tweets its own thread only serves to amplify her insanity.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2021 7:26 PM

Rose said Manson never hurt her

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2021 8:55 PM

R60 - probably never touched her so...

by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2021 10:50 AM

Pot, kettle.

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2021 10:57 AM

I want to know more about the squirrel shooter. I also live in Ventura county, and there is so much crazy trash here.

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2021 11:10 AM

R63 - how do you cope? I find it suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2021 11:39 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2021 11:42 AM

Anybody with common sense could predict this would be coming, that the torch wielding villagers would turn on each other. Karma.

I feel like as a society we’re starting to reject this shit and all the dick measuring purity tests.

by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2021 11:51 AM

Running for Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 10, 2021 2:48 AM

California’s 4th is a great example of the “real” California.

Sure, the more populous cities in CA skew Democratic. But most of the state is surprisingly hillbilly. There’s no other way to put it.

by Anonymousreply 68June 10, 2021 1:57 PM

Rose McGowan is the same talent as Harry and his first wife. Useful for media for one reason only.

by Anonymousreply 69June 10, 2021 2:06 PM

Years from now I predict these two will star together in a remake of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane."

by Anonymousreply 70June 10, 2021 2:10 PM

Alyssa didn't fuck Marylin Manson. Rose did. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 71June 10, 2021 2:29 PM

There is no comparison between these two women. I can’t believe some people here are stupid enough to think Milano is anywhere near as annoying as the reprehensible, insane McGowan.

by Anonymousreply 72June 10, 2021 2:42 PM

McGowan is consumed with bringing other people down. Some deserve it and some don’t. Either way, she’s becoming tiresome. Best to ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 73June 10, 2021 4:33 PM

Alyssa is corny, rose is thorny

by Anonymousreply 74June 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Rose McGowan has basically turned into Roseanne. Except Roseanne is sometimes really entertaining. Rose is just obnoxious and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 75June 10, 2021 4:43 PM

Rose McGowan is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 76June 11, 2021 5:19 AM

Who would have thought Shannen would end up the only sane one?

by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2021 5:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!