Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For all of you intermittent fasting...

Which method are you using?

I’ve heard of people skipping breakfast or dinner. Others only eat every other day.

So many permutations.

Which one do you follow?

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2020 7:44 PM

I eat breakfast at 10:30AM, lunch at 2:30PM, and dinner at 6:30PM. I've lost 30 lbs.

But I've also drastically cut my calorie intake.

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2020 1:43 AM

I eat during a 4-hour window, from 2-6. I usually have a large lunch and a very small dinner.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2020 1:49 AM

Eat my last meal by 6 PM; fast at least 16 hours after that. That's been the easiest way for me (and what I was basically doing before I started an intermittent fasting schedule).

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2020 1:53 AM

Is that a pandemic regimen r1?

Boyfriend and I eat as voraciously as we did pre-pandemic but both of us are trying to cook more. I wasn't looking forward to my mother in law moving in with us, my parents died ages ago, but she's nice. It's awkward but she's coming around to our relationship.

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2020 1:57 AM

I fast from 9pm - 1:30-2 pm usually but usually break it on weekends. Planning to bulk more this fall/winter.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2020 2:01 AM

I typically eat only in the 5 pm to 8 pm window.

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2020 2:13 AM

I had success with eating from 9:30 am to 5 pm, basically skipping dinner and eating breakfast late.

The problem is if I eat dinner after 5 just once, my weight loss suddenly stops and I have to start all over again. A few weeks ago, I ate dinner a whole week after 5 pm and I gained 5 lbs!

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2020 2:18 AM

I skip breakfast. It's not really fasting for me it's just I'm too tired to make breakfast in the morning and it cuts down on my calories to do so. I am starving by lunchtime though

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2020 3:09 AM

I don't eat anything until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I will eat at night as late as 9. I just started being serious about this schedule in the last 3-4 months. I've lost about 12 pounds... it's a great feeling in the afternoons, before I eat, not to feel full... to actually feel real hunger. I think it's a spiritual practice (but that's another conversation).

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2020 3:14 AM

I only eat every 3 days

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2020 3:18 AM

I fast 24x6, and believe me it's kept the pounds off!

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2020 3:18 AM

A friend does a 5 day fast every quarter. He gets a bit loopy by the 4th day but he’s lost a ton of weight

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2020 9:52 PM

I eat my big meal at around 10am or 11am. Then my last meal, usually a big salad, lightly sautéed or steamed vegetable, and vegetarian stew at around 4pm. That way my food is well on the way to being digested by the time I go to sleep if I sleep early at 10pm. I wake up early at 6am and start hydrating with hot water with lime or lemon juice. Then I have a cup of matcha followed by an oolong tea or gyokuro tea. It helps to wake me up and also stimulate digestion. Then I make and drink my smoothie as I’m preparing my big meal.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2020 10:03 PM

No breakfast and a light lunch when I actually feel hungry (could be any time between 10am to 3pm). I carry some low carb snacks (nuts, protein bar etc) so if the hunger comes on I've got something on me. A big dinner around 6-7pm with lots of veg and protein and a bit of grazing 7-8pm. I don't always hit the 16 hours of fasting target, but it helps me recognise when I'm actually hungry.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2020 11:41 PM

I eat cum

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2020 11:52 PM

I don’t think intermittent fisting is a safe practice. How about a knuckle sandwich?

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2020 12:47 AM

Last week I went without food for an HOUR!

It was ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2020 12:49 AM

How's the Yom Kippur fast going today for my fellow Jewish DLers? It was the ease with which I experienced YK fasting that got me into doing IF on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2020 7:55 PM

I tried it with Vegan Keto but it made me nauseous the next day. I need my nut butter snack around 7 pm.

I'm sticking with Vegan Keto though because my skin looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2020 8:02 PM

I do what R2 does. 2-6, then I just drink black coffee/tea/water/seltzer.

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]I don’t think intermittent fisting is a safe practice.

It's actually very healthy and science backs it up. Real science, not junk science.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2020 8:13 PM

D'oh, I just saw "fisting."

Actually, I think science says it's safe, too.

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2020 8:15 PM

Its funny, we used to say we are on a diet, but now its more fashionable to say I’m fasting today, like its Ramadan or Good Friday everyday.

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2020 8:19 PM

Breakfast at 0800; cooked lunch at 1330. No more food until next morning.

After 15 years, no weight gain (in my 60s now).

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2020 8:36 PM

R23, ironic you mention religions fasting: It's Yom Kippur and people were fasting last night into today.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2020 8:47 PM

Similar to r13. Big meal around noon or so, and then a salad or something light around 4:30 or so. Then nothing except maybe chamomile or mint tea. Maybe fresh strawberries or cherries or nectarine or peach as a "treat" while I read before falling asleep. In winter, I may cave and bring a ginger cookie or oatmeal cookie with me to bed as well.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote] In winter, I may cave and bring a ginger cookie or oatmeal cookie with me to bed as well.

PERVERSE FAT WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2020 10:20 PM

No breakfast. Around 11:30 I’ll eat something and then a salad and grilled salmon for dinner before 7. Low carb and no sugar. Since March, haven’t lost a pound but haven’t gained any so that’s a thing.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 10:30 PM

So true, r27. LOL

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote]Its funny, we used to say we are on a diet, but now its more fashionable to say I’m fasting today,

Funny when obesity used to be unhealthy and you could tell it as it was and now just pointing it out is considered bullying.

Things evolve, only stick-in-the-muds like you will forever be stuck in your 1960s mindset.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2020 10:41 PM

R25, meet R18.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2020 10:55 PM

Only if he's cute, R31. I don't care about personality.

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2020 11:06 PM

I’ve lost 15 lbs since the middle of August. I’ve gone from 240 to 225 and I’m 6’4”. I drink three cups of coffee with cream and sugar so. I’m not hungry for breakfast. That’s 50 calories a cup. My first meal is at noon and it’s a leftover protein from the previous evening’s dinner. It’s usually a bite or two. I have a protein bar at 3 and that’s 150 calories and a light dinner at 7 and that’s a sautéed vegetable and meat or poultry. So, no bread, no potatoes and no rice. This is my first diet and I’m finding it easy to follow since I’m seeing steady results. My clothes fit better naturally and I have more energy.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2020 2:09 AM

You're obviously doing something right, but I don't think IF allows cream and sugar in coffee to count as fasting.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 2:58 AM

I eat Gin and Limes. And occasionally a tomato. and of course, I swallow.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2020 3:57 AM

Don’t argue with success, R34.

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2020 4:27 AM

Eating disorders are much more common among men than many people would think, and not just gay men.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2020 4:32 AM

If you're suggesting, R37, that IF is an eating disorder, you must acknowledge the growing mountain of evidence that IF promotes good health. Eating disorders are generally not consistent with healthy living.

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2020 6:08 AM

Just came upon this thread and I'm curious. Maybe someone in the know could advise me...

I'm a big night eater, but never hungry during the day. I could fast for an entire day, go to bed starving, yet not be hungry when I woke up. I could easily go from 8am to 8pm without eating a morsel. After 8pm, however, I could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner practically in one sitting. And then a whole quart of ice cream.

So what I've been doing during this lockdown period, is basically eating just one meal. Usually a normal sized dinner after 8pm. Followed by dessert because, these days, why the hell not? Obviously I haven't been able to work out, but if anything, I am 5 pounds less my usual weight. Fortunately, it doesn't look like it's shifted, either. And I'm 55 years old.

Is any of this normal?

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Can you chew gum and drik water by fasting? Curious to try it but never actually done it

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2020 6:20 AM

Sugarless gum, maybe. The goal is to stay under 50 calories when "fasting" and sugar alcohols may cause a spike. You have to test to see if it works for you.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2020 6:25 AM

I don't drink or chew gum while fasting.

by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2020 5:18 PM

I'm on a similar schedule as R5 is. No breakfast, lunch between 1-2, dinner between 8-9. Occasionally I skip lunch if I'm not hungry. On those days, I may have tea, and toast some bread if I feel like it, or trail mix, or a piece of fruit. I usually have at least 16-17 hrs. between meals.

I'm a bit more flexible on the weekend.

R18 Yes, never had a problem with fasting on Yom Kippur, and never really wanted breakfast even as a child.

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2020 5:54 PM

16/8 (only eat within an eight hour window, usually either 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. or 12 noon to 8 p.m. It works!

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2020 6:06 PM

I eat breakfast at 9:30, have a late lunch, but no dinner after 5.

That does wonders for my waistline but not doing dinner is tough, especially if you want to have nights out with friends.

I might change to no breakfast. I'll try to just have coffee in the morning and see how far that gets me.

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2020 7:22 PM

What's all this fuss about intermittent fisting? Oh, intermittent fasting. That's different. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 7:37 PM

R34, the fast is the period when I’m not eating.

by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2020 11:57 PM

I just saw a Jenny Craig ad that pointed out that JC "combined great tasting food with the science of intermittent fasting."

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2020 6:11 PM

R48, why would anyone pay JC not to eat?

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2020 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!