Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have HAD it with people and their BULLSHIT

If you can’t treat me the way I deserve to be treated, then I am dropping you like a HOT potato! That includes: being totally unresponsive to texts and NEVER initiating communication. If you can’t be bothered to ask me how I’m doing once in a while, then why should I give a SHIT about you? You clearly don’t care about me.

And I am NOT interested in excuses. Do better or get the FUCK out of my life. I am THROUGH wasting my time on assholes who won’t reciprocate.

Enchiladas are my only TRUE friends.

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2020 6:35 PM

Tell us more OP.

Are you a fatty? That might have something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2020 12:02 AM

Take it to Facebook, Sugartits.

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Also - please post a cock pic and then we will rate it for you.

by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Are you just now figuring this out? How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2020 12:09 AM

OP, calm down.

You’re clearly more worked up over this, than whomever is the subject of your post. Stop with the drama.

Have you ever heard the phrase “Unlearned lessons are bound to be repeated“

Let that phrase sink in a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2020 12:10 AM

OP just needs some of that watermelon sugar high.

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2020 12:11 AM

The nut-loaf is warm and the boundaries have been STATED!!

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2020 12:20 AM

This one's for you, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2020 12:20 AM

OP?

How are you? 😘

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2020 12:40 AM

Never make someone a priority who only sees you as an option.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2020 12:46 AM

I am sick of giving of myself OVER and OVER again...my time, my emotional labor, my love and caring and consideration, my body...and finding no returns...no reciprocation. The sad thing is, NONE of these people will even notice that I have evacuated myself from their lives. They are scum.

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2020 12:56 AM

MARY!!

Have you verbally relayed your expectations to these people? Others can’t be blamed if you don’t tell them how you feel. You certainly sound like a good friend/relative and I agree with your feelings about reciprocity. Maybe you’re trying too hard for the wrong people. Who are these people to you and how long have you known them? Has it always been like this? I hope you find the answers and support that you need.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2020 1:03 AM

OP = A sentinent, and very pissed off, tamagotchi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Even though your post is extremely "MARY!" I totally relate. I feel like currently with the virus, politics, isolation, family members who are ignorant, friends who don't check in enough...some of us -- maybe a lot of us -- are reaching our breaking point.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2020 1:25 AM

Somebody needs a hug, and an enema.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2020 1:29 AM

OP - I have had the same exact rant last month. In a pandemic, you see who your real friends are. Agree with what you are saying. If friends cannot text back or do not text back, they are not good friends. Yes, you can cut them some slack but if this is a repeat thing, back away. One thing that never really occurred to me until a couple of years ago is that when someone doesn't text or return calls, it is simply b/c they don't want to talk to you. People are literally glued to their phones at all times. They can respond. I've cut slack, I've tried to step up my thoughtfulness, be a better friend. Some people are better at relationships than others. It's more challenging for me, apparently. If people are calling back there is a reason why.

by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2020 1:37 AM

Instead of being angry guys like OP should be thankful for this valuable life lesson and move on and apply what they've learned in the future.

Of course, OP is looking for things to get angry about and will never run out of that in his troll life.

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2020 1:41 AM

It's become the way of the world. If you really want to go out and do something phone up that friend (who almost never calls) and ask him to go with you for supper, to see a movie, etc. I do and I've gotten used to being the 'bigger' person. Always hope and look for a better friend but in the meantime don't burn all your bridges behind you. You don't want to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2020 1:45 AM

We constantly have to prioritize, because life overwhelms us with all these daily challenges.

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2020 1:48 AM

Are you being overbearing? People are struggling right now, OP. Not everyone is great at communication when they are mentally and emotionally drained. Give people space when needed.

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2020 1:48 AM

I feel the same way. I’m pulling back from some people who aren’t giving me back what I need, I do all the heavy lifting in friendships.

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2020 1:51 AM

OP -

I can empathize. Truly. I can.

I have been on both sides of your issue.

I am very slow in responding to texts of late. There has been a ton of things occurring and in an attempt to balance myself in the face of stressors, I s l o w l y respond.

I have an ex that has reached out to me that I haven’t heard from in 5 years. He ghosted me after caring for him during his cancer surgery. As a result, I have waited days to respond to his texts. Now he wants to speak on the phone and I’m unsure as how to proceed. This isn’t meant as a slight or an unkindness to him. Rather, during the pandemic, caring for ill parents, job stressors, political uncertainty and changes I’ve made myself, I’m genuinely not sure how to proceed during this heavy time.

tl;dr As another poster mentioned, this is an extreme period in most individuals’ lives. Understanding, compassion, patience (and not taking things too personally) may go a long way to assist us in easing through this unusual period.

Hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2020 2:01 AM

OP if you really meant it you would text that to everyone of your contacts but you won't because you love being a doormat.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote] I've gotten used to being the 'bigger' person.

Fuck that shit! As the late Aretha once sang:

“If you can’t find it in your heart to do for me...then, baby, just don’t darken my front door!”

I’m THROUGH giving away all of my compassion, care, love, and consideration.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2020 2:37 AM

OP...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2020 6:26 AM

OP just had a juice box and it made him even more terrible.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2020 9:58 AM

Dear OP,

smoke copious amounts of pot, silly!

you're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2020 12:16 PM

[quote] sick of *giving of myself OVER and OVER again*...my time, my emotional labor, my love and caring and consideration, *my body*...and finding no returns...*no reciprocation*

Why’ntcha lead with telling us you’re a whore? That would have gotten you more sympathy and understanding right off that bat.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2020 4:07 PM

For OP, ‘The Dragonfly Story’.

Settle down and comfortable, children..

[quote] In the bottom of an old pond, there once lived a colony of grubs. Not a one among them could not understand why none of their group ever came back after crawling up the lily stems to the top of the water. The dwindling number who remained on the bottom of the pond promised each other that the next one who was called to make the upward climb would return, and tell the rest what had happened to him. Soon, as was customary, one grub felt an urgent impulse to seek the surface; so, one fine morning he climbed the lily stems in the dark and the murk, making his slow and steady way to the glittering surface of the pond. After what seemed like days of inching upward, the delirious grub, weak with fatigue and hunger, rested himself...to find himself atop of a lily pad! There, he went through a glorious transformation, which soon made him a dragonfly with shimmering iridescent wings. As he explored the sky with his newfound freedom and power and beauty, he tried to remember his promise. Flying back and forth over the pond, he peered down into the black water, at the place he knew his friends and family dwelled below. He thought of diving, of drowning. Then, it occurred to him that, even if they could see him and talk to him now, they would not recognize the radiant creature he had become as one of their own. He never went back, and after some months, chances across another dragonfly he had never seen before, who would not say from whence she had come.

The fact that after life transformations we cannot see our friends or communicate with them in the same way anymore is no proof that they were not important to us, or that the relationship was wasted or untrue.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2020 4:43 PM

OP belongs on Vaguebook.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2020 4:56 PM

Looks like someone is trying to get people to use up their ffs on nonsense so they can pull out the propaganda stops later on today

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2020 5:02 PM

Let's keep the misanthropy to one thread, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2020 5:15 PM

I reached that point a decade ago. I had a circle of friends who I just swore were good and righteous people. Then I had a heart attack,then a month later another one. You never saw bastards fly for the exit so fast in your life. Out of a good 15 people I swore by , TWO came to see me in the hospital and ONE called me . The rest? Crickets . These were people I had shared lives with,gone through bullshit with,cried with,helped ,etc. I laid in that bed so hurt,so saddened ,but I made a vow to myself right then and there to ghost those motherfuckers . I did just that,and very few bothered to try to make amends. Most of these "friends" I had for years. Id also like to add the ones who did reach out were in fact gay,and all the others were straight. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote] The fact that after life transformations we cannot see our friends or communicate with them in the same way anymore is no proof that they were not important to us, or that the relationship was wasted or untrue.

TY for that story, R29. Great metaphor. Although it’s difficult to appreciate in the midst of anger, hurt and feelings of betrayal as OP describes.

I do think that massive changes are afoot societally, culturally, economically, globally (climate) and why should these changes not occur on the personal level: amongst family and friends?

It can be destabilizing and disorienting.

Eventually, things will Shift and a new equilibrium established.

No one ever said transformation was a piece of cake. But do think it can occur with less trauma.

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote] And I am NOT interested in excuses.

Where are these excuses supposed to come from if his friends don't even bother to initiate contact? That implies a dramatic confrontation initiated by OP which makes me side with the friends having to deal with an unhinged drama queen who demands attention and maybe apologies as well.

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2020 7:31 PM

I DEMAND that my needs be met. If that makes me a “drama queen,” then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote]That includes: being totally unresponsive to texts and NEVER initiating communication. If you can’t be bothered to ask me how I’m doing once in a while, then why should I give a SHIT about you? You clearly don’t care about me.

Actually, I wish a few people I don’t call back would pick up on this cue from me.

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2020 8:42 PM

No offence, but a grip, OP. You seem a good soul but why wallow in dashed expectations? It’s a misery for you and an infliction on your friends.

Most friendships are transitory and acquaintances often disappoint,, but lasting friendships are built on sharing - history, experiences or viewpoint, often a combination. Most fall by the wayside, but (unexpressed) anger/irritation is the death knell.

Have you tried learning bridge? Your local posse might become friends for life.

by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2020 9:13 PM

Ahhh.... "Fair Weather Friends." I remember them. No more. All gone. Every last one of them. I'm much more content, now.

by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2020 10:51 PM

Op. there's a saying that goes something like this,

"If it feel like you're chasing a friendship, it means someone is running away."

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2020 10:53 PM

After a blessed 9 months of silence, a needy acquaintance I finally managed to ditch called me out of the blue during the Emmys.

Did. Not. Pick. Up.

I pray they’ll stay away.

by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2020 10:55 PM

OP= Meghan Markle

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2020 11:05 PM

OP reminds me of my mother. She attracts needy user flakes and crazies (my father her husband, included), and constantly complains about this yet does nothing to address or change the situation. Armchair theory; she secretly needs to feel needed, is anxious about abandonment, and may be working out a saviour complex through these leeches and creeps. She’s subconsciously terrified to be left or found wanting by adjusted independent people with their own shit going on (I.e., people like her parents were), therefore puts out a frequency to every lost kitten in the vicinity to come find her so she can take care of them, and in so doing ultimately become indispensable to society in some way.

But I’m just a civilian degenerate without friends or a “real job”, so whadduino, right?

by Anonymousreply 43September 24, 2020 11:13 PM

My post at r41 reminds me I did a thread about dropping that particular friend - I wish I could find it. It was about how I finally met this insistent friend I was avoiding for a movie, and then they (once again) wanted me to give them a ride home to another town ... when they hadn't arranged any of that between us beforehand. I wish I could find it; it might remind me how I left things, my reasoning etc. I googled the main words (dumping - friend - movie- datalounge)

Uggh. That person was a trial, even though they did have characteristics I sometimes liked.

The funniest thing is one poster kept trying to make me into some villain. [italic]("You RELISHED it!")

by Anonymousreply 44September 24, 2020 11:31 PM

OP:

If you want a friend, get a dog.

If you don't want the dog, then STFU.

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2020 11:54 PM

Op. come join OUR club!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 25, 2020 12:02 AM

R43 You just described my mother. To a T. Savior complex. So cringe! I can see it in all its transparency. But she buys into her own BS and thinks she is the most wonderful, indispensable person in the community. Her partners always either are somewhat successful but have moderate to severe health issues...or they are physically attractive enough, but they are weird to the point of being complete societal pariahs. She cannot tolerate being friends with --or even interfacing with -- actual normal, independent, well-adjusted people.

by Anonymousreply 47September 25, 2020 4:10 AM

[cont] Also she was a special ed teacher, she takes in stray pets, she tries to bond with kids in her neighborhood, listing and A to Z of all the flaws of their parents and implying she must save these children from neglect and trauma. Or call CPS or whatever. Whatever it is, when someone is in trouble in a vaguely neurotic or imaginary way, She. Is. On It!

My mother also told me once that if she spends more than three days in a row by herself during, say, summer break, she tends to find herself empty, depressed, a void. She winds up on her hands and knees, weeping and begging God to heal the hole in her heart! NO joke.

I'm also the one who said in a different thread, that when I told my mother in my 20s that I was suffering from depression, she wailed "Noooooo! If you are not okay, I'm gonna KILL MYSELF!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 48September 25, 2020 4:16 AM

OP sounds like she has poor boundaries and unrealistic expectations.

But she could learn some relationship skills and get into therapy. Not saying this to be cruel. You can find friends who are reliable and trustworthy.

That requires loving yourself which can take a long time. Therapy really helps. I think everybody needs it but doesn't get it because of our shit national healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 49September 25, 2020 4:28 AM

If I don't call/text you back, it's obvious I don't want to deal with you.

Why is that so hard for some folks to deal with?

by Anonymousreply 50September 25, 2020 6:46 PM

Right now I think everyone is putting their own oxygen masks on. And then, if they have anything left to give, there is a hierarchy of people to whom they will give energy to. Usually family first, and then friends in order of length of relationship, depth of friendship, etc.

I speak from personal experience, that when you have to "batten down the hatches" like we are doing with this virus, there is a mental stress or mental load, that takes up a lot of band width. I am trying to make the rounds to check on people. It feels great to be tracked by people as well, even if it's just a text saying "thinking of you, how are you, hanging it there?" But my energy goes to my family first.

We are all learning a new way of living and of showing up in this world of disease and political unrest right now. It's not a normal time.

I would suggest that you be the bigger person, since you seem to have a lot of time on your hands to stew, and just reach out. You be the one. Make it a charitable mission to be the point person that checks on everyone once a week. I promise if you did that it would come back to you and you will be remembered as the one that kept the friendships going during an unprecedented time in history. Just get over the need to wait for others to do this or that. Life is too short and too precious to be keeping score like that.

by Anonymousreply 51September 28, 2020 1:22 PM

If you don't expect anything from anyone, you will never be disappointed. I resent it when people expect things from me when I don't expect anything from them.

Also, sometimes a person doesn't want to come out and say they don't want your friendship but wish you would take a hint.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] I would suggest that you be the bigger person,

I would suggest that you go fuck yourself with a rusty nail. Have fun eating your mother’s rancid pussy, since you love your family so much. People who talk to their parents more than once every six months need to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2020 11:22 PM

I hope R52 dies alone and isn’t found until his festering corpse has fused to the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 54September 28, 2020 11:23 PM

R54 I have news for you, everyone dies alone.

by Anonymousreply 55September 28, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote] Baking a cake is a lot like friendship. You put a lot of work into it, and sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you thought it would, but it still tastes good.

- Erik von Detten as Andrew ‘Brink’ Brinker in BRINK! (1998, Disney)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2020 2:08 PM

Were ypu saying something, OP ? Get back in the kitchen!

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2020 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!