Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

One-sided hate

What are some famous examples of hate or rivalries that only existed with one person? The other person was just Meh about them.

by Anonymousreply 135March 31, 2021 2:00 PM

My ex and I. he completely hates me and I have trouble remembering him at all.

by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2020 7:09 PM

Meghan loathes Kate. Kate not so much...

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2020 7:17 PM

California and various inconsequential states and/or people triggered by it.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2020 7:29 PM

Kanye vs. Taylor

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2020 7:29 PM

Trump vs. Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2020 7:30 PM

My apologies. Barack Obama

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2020 7:31 PM

Rodney Bewes and James Bolam (probably better known to a UK audience). Bewes let slip to a journalist that Bolam's wife was pregnant - something which Bolam had told him in strict confidence. Bolam went on to be a fairly successful tv, stage, and radio actor, but Bewes didn't do nearly so well. For the next several decades, Bewes publicly talked about how his career had been destroyed by Bolam, who bore a grudge and had friends in high places.

The facts seem to be simply that Bewes was simply unlucky, and not a particularly strong actor. There was definitely a rift with Bolam, but Bolam seems simply to have just cut him out of his life and ignored him completely. And wisely, he never responded to Bewes public denouncements, no matter how unhinged they became.

It was all a bit sad and pathetic, really.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon.

Well, it’s a love-hate, really. Steve both detests and adores Rob at the same time, whilst Rob just loves Steve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2020 7:55 PM

That nutjob Roseanne vs Valerie Jarrett

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2020 8:30 PM

I gather it's unnecessary for me to spell it out.....

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2020 8:32 PM

R8 what about Steve Coogan and Courtney Love? She hates him and has trashed him publicly, but he’s never uttered a word about her.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2020 8:38 PM

Marcia and Jan Brady.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2020 8:42 PM

R4 I'm pretty sure those two hate each other. Probably Taylor waste less time hating Kanye because she still sells music

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2020 8:42 PM

Woody Allen and Ronan Farrow

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2020 8:44 PM

Joan Rivers vs. Gillian Anderson

Joan Rivers vs. Kirsten Stewart

Joan Rivers vs. Jennifer Lawrence

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2020 8:47 PM

Diana vs. Camilla

Madonna vs. Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2020 8:47 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2020 11:10 PM

Chelsea Handler & Angelina Jolie.

Chelsea regularly trashed Angelina on her talk show. She even said shit about Angelina's children. Chelsea used to mock Angelina and Jennifer Aniston equally until Chelsea was represented by the same talent agent who represented Jennifer. The rumour was that she would could increase her profile by appearing to be "buddies"with Jennifer. In exchange, she would stop mocking Jennifer and increase her verbal attacks on Angelina. But Angelina never responded to these attacks; she never acknowledged Chelsea's existence.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2020 11:57 PM

Joan Rivers vs. everyone with more human empathy than she had (in other words, everyone who ever breathed).

by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2020 2:21 AM

I honestly think the hate between Olivia and Joan was mainly one way. I do think Olivia never forgave Joan for winning the Oscar and Joan mainly just found Olivia pompous and annoying. I think Livvie really did hate Joan and Josn mainly felt meh.

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2020 2:23 AM

Olivia vs Joan was a pretty mutual hate.

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2020 7:44 AM

R16 Well, Diana has reasons to hate Camila, i can't say the same the other way around

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2020 10:02 AM

Gore Vidal -> Truman Capote. They were buds in the '40s, but I think it was just Gore buzzing around Truman hoping some of Truman's talent for prose would rub off on him (it didn't).

I bet Vidal had his minions terrorize Capote, because he ended-up an alcoholic, paranoid nervous wreck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2020 10:06 AM

R3 When a an aquaintance from Colorado told me that there was a rivalry between his state and California, I told him nobody in CA cared or even knew about it. I told him he was welcome to think Colorado was better if it made him happy, but California is unbothered so stop wasting my time with this nonsense. It really triggered him, the poor dear.

Same with San Francisco v.s. Los Angeles. San Franciscans loathe L.A., while Los Angelenos think SF is a cute little town.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2020 10:39 AM

Rosie O’Donnell and everybody.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2020 10:45 AM

R23 Vidal tried to start beef with Anthony Burgess as well, and got no promotion. Burgess just laughed him off.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2020 10:51 AM

Sun-Yi and Mia Farrow.

Mia gave her everything she could ever have wanted and Sun-Yi destroyed Mia's life.

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2020 10:57 AM

Screamo singer Ronnie Radke had a problem for years with his former friend/fuckbuddy/replacement in his band Escape The Fate, Craig Mabbitt. Dude used to heckle Craig at concerts, write obvious ‘fuck you’ songs about him, set fans on him him. It got ugly.

After a soul-searching jail stint, however, Ronnie eventually found it in his heart to forgive. The younger starry-eyed Craig had always idolised Ronnie, and it hurt him that after being so close they fell out over business matters for such a long time (it’s thought that Craig wrote the sad angsty ballad ‘Something’ for Ronnie - one lyric is literally ‘so can you forgive me?’).

Now I think about it, the whole thing was pretty melodramatic and kind of gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2020 11:00 AM

Screamo singer Ronnie Radke had a problem for years with his former friend/fuckbuddy/replacement in his band Escape The Fate, Craig Mabbitt. Dude used to heckle Craig at concerts, write obvious ‘fuck you’ songs about him, set fans on him him. It got ugly.

After a soul-searching jail stint, however, Ronnie eventually found it in his heart to forgive. The younger starry-eyed Craig had always idolised Ronnie, and it hurt him that after being so close they fell out over business matters for such a long time (it’s thought that Craig wrote the sad angsty ballad ‘Something’ for Ronnie - one lyric is literally ‘so can you forgive me?’).

Now I think about it, the whole thing was pretty melodramatic and kind of gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2020 11:00 AM

That's hilarious R7. Rodney Bewes was a very weak actor, while James Bolam was a very good actor with a lot of charisma. I bet the slip of the tongue wasn't the only reason for the rift, Bees was probably envious of Bolam from the beginning. He made The likely Lads a hit.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2020 11:04 AM

"while Los Angelenos think SF is a cute little town."

That they can't afford to live in.

All hate is one sided, because all hate begins with hating yourself.

Meanwhile, you're searching for someone to hate you back.

It's like love that way.

I miss working at the fortune cookie factory.

It always smelled so good there.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2020 11:21 AM

Howard Stern used to rag on Amanda Peet all the time for some reason. I couldn't understand why he cared so much about someone so insignificant.

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Ellen's staff and Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2020 11:35 AM

[Quote] Woody Allen and Ronan Farrow

Who hates whom?

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2020 11:49 AM

The President and the Duchess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2020 11:58 AM

The Duchess and DL.

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2020 12:02 PM

Not sure it's one -sided R36 given she sends the Sussex Squad here to threaten us all with dire retribution.

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2020 12:10 PM

It’s not JK Rowling, since the hate goes both ways there!

by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2020 12:19 PM

J Lo and Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2020 2:35 PM

Except JK Rowling is justified.

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2020 2:48 PM

R32 it’s because she wouldn’t fuck him. That is textbook straight male bitterness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2020 2:59 PM

G and me.

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2020 3:11 PM

Madonna and Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 43September 24, 2020 3:32 PM

Joan Fontaine vs Olivia de Havilland

After her second Oscar win Olivia didn't really think about Joan.

by Anonymousreply 44September 24, 2020 3:33 PM

Me, I, Myself VS that butch lesbian actress who insists people compare her to me, takes all my hand me downs and seems obsessed with any genre I conquer. I mean it would be unfair for me to make any comment about her since I've never seen any of her movies but she seems very bland, homely and dykey.

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2020 3:51 PM

R45, who dat??

by Anonymousreply 46September 24, 2020 3:54 PM

Sandra Bullock

by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2020 4:08 PM

‘Devil’ Anse Hatfield, and Ran’l McCoy.

Ran’l hated Anse’s guts; thought him a cowardly sellout, and a deserter, and a law-dodger, as well as a backstabbing false friend only out for himself and his family rather than community or the cause.

Anse, by contrast, thought of Ran’l as a past person he once liked in spite of his poor business decisions, and who sadly couldn’t let go of PTSD and entitlement, became a touch envious, and then went a little nuts.

To resolve this conflict: a pig was stolen; an old lady went mad; a young love was thwarted; lawmen were bribed; a house burned down and killed its occupant; a bloody turf war raged, with fatal casualties; several other younger men were executed or manhunted, and; a baby needlessly died.

To this day, more than a hundred years on, Kentucky & West Virginia are still bitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2020 4:28 PM

Lindz LoHo vs Jennifer Lawrence - Lindsay is under some kind of impression that they are vying for the same roles and media attention. JLaw is like bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 49September 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Hahahaha oh that's a good one R49. I can totally picture that. Not sure why Lindsey thinks she's still in the game. And I don't particularly even care for JLaw.

by Anonymousreply 50September 24, 2020 5:03 PM

R49 Lohan also had a hateful fixation on ScarJo.

by Anonymousreply 51September 24, 2020 5:07 PM

See, this is why I’d make a terrible celebrity. Not only would I snap at the first infringement of privacy or incorrect blind item, but I’m a natural grudgeholder and very touchy around people I don’t like. At the first glimmer of a potential feud with another star I didn’t like, I’d be leaping across a table and trying to choke a bitch, like Emile Hirsch did that one time.

by Anonymousreply 52September 24, 2020 11:22 PM

Alyssa Milano and the human race

by Anonymousreply 53September 24, 2020 11:34 PM

Joan & Bette. Joan tried to be friendly but Bette just continued to be cuntie and was full of rage. Joan took it all in her stride.

by Anonymousreply 54September 24, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote] Chelsea Handler & Angelina Jolie.

Chelsea Handler "sticking up for" Jennifer Aniston made it seems as if JA had been talking about AJ to CH. I would've been pissed if I were JA. You're supposed to always appear unbothered, even if you're bothered.

by Anonymousreply 55September 24, 2020 11:48 PM

R3 and R24, that can equally well be applied to DC vs. the provinces. Others get all worked up about Washington – including the hate-DC brigade at the DL. The people who live there … really don’t care. You want to hate them? OK. Whatever. Go away, we’re busy.

The champions and originators of this attitude are New Yorkers, who have absolutely no interest in whatever anyone else in America thinks of them, including people from LA and DC.

by Anonymousreply 56September 24, 2020 11:52 PM

Gore Vidal used to call Tennessee Williams when Williams was really fucked up on booze and pills and impersonate Truman Capote. Gore would say nasty things to Tennessee in his Truman voice and Tennessee thought it was Truman.

Gore was a nasty old queen. He told that stupid story about being tossed out of the White House for years so he could get into books about Jackie O , and then sued Truman for telling it the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 57September 25, 2020 12:01 AM

People don't seem to understand the OP's excellent thread suggestion.

No surprise there.

I liked how Debbie Reynolds spent decades reviling (understandably) Liz Taylor for Liz's temporary borrow of Debbie's Eddie. "Temporary" meaning that Liz didn't want him and Deb didn't want him back. Debbie gasped, hissed, growled, gossiped and collected Liz's movie costumes (rather pathetically).

And Liz never looked back or cared.

Eventually Debbie gave up and found herself to be better off as a "friend" of Liz, who no doubt didn't care in the least either way. Here's Debbie's pathetic retelling of rapprochement:

"I sent a note to her room and she sent a note back to mine saying that we should have dinner and get this over with and have a good time," Debbie recalled. "The four of us ended up having dinner and it was wonderful. She'd moved along in her life and so had I. If your husband's going to leave you for anyone, it might as well be Elizabeth Taylor. She was beautiful, smart, and a very sexual woman and I was very different—not exactly a sex kitten. I told [Eddie] she'd throw him out eventually and that's exactly what happened. But he wasn't the brightest of men."

Debbie placed most of the blame on Eddie, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 25, 2020 12:40 AM

...where it belonged, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59September 25, 2020 1:25 AM

Can you imagine two attractive, talented women fighting over Eddie Fisher?

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 60September 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Joan Rivers vs Victoria Principal

by Anonymousreply 61September 25, 2020 1:49 AM

Khlobuchar and Pete

by Anonymousreply 62September 25, 2020 2:31 AM

Nancy McKeon and Pamela Segall (Adlon)

by Anonymousreply 63September 25, 2020 2:45 AM

Kid Rock and Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 64September 25, 2020 3:41 AM

Bea Arthur's dislike of Betty White and Betty's "I don't know why...".

by Anonymousreply 65September 25, 2020 3:47 AM

Kid Rock and Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 66September 25, 2020 3:58 AM

Norm Macdonald and Craig Ferguson

by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2020 4:02 AM

[quote]Joan tried to be friendly but Bette just continued to be cuntie and was full of rage. Joan took it all in her stride

Not true at all.

by Anonymousreply 68September 25, 2020 5:18 AM

Shambo Vs. Laura, Survivor: Samoa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 25, 2020 5:35 AM

“I never think about her” — Cardio on Chrissy Metz

by Anonymousreply 70September 25, 2020 5:48 AM

R24, that sounds perfectly accurate from my experiences!

by Anonymousreply 71September 25, 2020 7:28 AM

It's odd, but in terms of city rivalry, Londoners seems oddly obsessed with New York and hating it, while New Yorkers don't seem to think of London at all. Paris is the European point of contrast and most New Yorkers seem to think positively of Paris.

by Anonymousreply 72September 25, 2020 7:36 AM

I believe that Ava Gardner absolutely loathed Lauren Bacall and Lauren simply found Ava annoying. Later they both appeared to reconcile somewhat and agree that Sinatra was a total shit to both of them.

Ava on Sinatra dating Mia Farrow: "Ha! I always knew Frank would finally go to bed with a boy."

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2020 7:40 AM

No one in London even thinks about NY, what the hell?

by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2020 8:40 AM

Damn, Gore Vidal sure had a lot of time to waste. Who has the time and energy to prank call another person? As adults? Pathetic and sad.

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2020 8:55 AM

David Letterman and Jay Leno

by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2020 11:14 AM

Vidal was a sad little man

by Anonymousreply 77September 25, 2020 12:56 PM

R77, he certainly seemed bitter.

by Anonymousreply 78September 26, 2020 1:01 AM

R74, there is not a single issue of a London newspaper, magazine or publication not full of ill-concealed hatred of New York; there are dozens of places boasting about New York style cocktails or steaks or whatever the fuck. There is no equivalent whatsoever in New York of London, outside a few select shoe stores and mens' tailors.

by Anonymousreply 79September 26, 2020 4:21 AM

London was cool and glam to New Yorkers up through the 90s and perhaps the early teens, but I don't know that anyone here really thinks much about London over the past decade. I haven't visited since 2001, and I keep hearing how boring it's become (though many say the same about NYC).

The UK "ex-pat" scene in NYC (eg, those spots on Greenwich Ave like Tea & Sympathy, or Soho House) is mostly a corny joke to New Yorkers. But nobody is actively hating on London or Londoners.

by Anonymousreply 80September 26, 2020 4:32 AM

Newsflash: cities and states aren't individual people.

They don't hate other cities and states. That's all FANTASY on your parts.

by Anonymousreply 81September 26, 2020 4:38 AM

Japan and China

by Anonymousreply 82September 26, 2020 7:39 AM

Lesbians hate gay men

Gay men never think of lesbians

by Anonymousreply 83September 26, 2020 7:52 AM

[quote]Woody Allen and Ronan Farrow

Not accurate. There's a difference in tone, certainly, but they both hate each other, it's not one-sided. Ronan wrote a couple of op-ed pieces and released a statement after Moses said he was abused but Dylan was faking her abuse, while Woody does things like slam him in interviews for being a bad reporter, and trolls him by trying to get published by the same house Ronan is with.

by Anonymousreply 84September 26, 2020 7:59 AM

R24, I had a history professor who, during a lecture, brought up Oklahoma's rivalry with Texas, and how Texas is like, "What's an Oklahoma?" That was 40+ years ago and I still smile when I think about it.

by Anonymousreply 85September 26, 2020 8:06 AM

Ava probably never said that, R73. Michael Thornton claimed she did, but she vehemently denied it. Thornton had interviewed Ava in the mid 1980s but lied and said it was for himself, when he was actually secretly doing it for Kitty Kelley to write that tell-all about Sinatra.

Later it became clear Kelley had made up a lot of the quotes and information in that book, including that Ava had supposedly claimed she hated Sinatra so much she aborted his baby out of spite.

Kelley was a real piece of shit. It bugs me that some shitty homophobic thing Kitty Kelley dreamed up is always going to be credited to Ava, but there's no changing it now, everyone wants to believe it so they do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 26, 2020 8:14 AM

Angela Lansbury and Lucille Ball

Angela Lansbury and Patty Duke

by Anonymousreply 87September 26, 2020 8:26 AM

Helen Lawson and Neely O’Hara

Neely hated her, but Helen just felt sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 88September 26, 2020 8:26 AM

Saint Louis and Chicago. Only Saint Louisans are aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 89September 26, 2020 9:06 AM

Gay men aren’t aware that lesbians hate them and see themselves as allies.

Lesbians are for lesbians only.

by Anonymousreply 90September 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Stop trying to trollbait the anti-trans bitches, R90 et al. They're not on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 91September 26, 2020 9:27 AM

Joyce DeWitt vs Suzanne Somers

by Anonymousreply 92September 26, 2020 10:51 AM

Joyce was right all along

by Anonymousreply 93September 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

by Anonymousreply 94September 26, 2020 12:40 PM

Kardashians and The World

by Anonymousreply 95September 26, 2020 12:43 PM

Meghan Markle and her hair.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 26, 2020 12:46 PM

R24 at least L.A. knows S.F. exists.

When I was growing up in San Diego, L.A. was the Big Bad Monster to the North. Local politicians were always accusing opponents of trying to turn "America's Finest City" into the cesspool that was Los Angeles. So much so that "Los Angelization" became an actual phrase in the media that was constantly discussed, and there was a very influential local political group called PLAN (Prevent Los Angelization Now). We were also taught to loathe the Dodgers with the white hot fury of a thousand suns.

When I eventually moved to L.A. myself, I quickly realized that L.A. doesn't even know San Diego exists, including the Padres. They consider the S.F. Giants to be their chief California rivals.

by Anonymousreply 97September 26, 2020 1:02 PM

Me and Trump. He doesn’t know I exist, but I truly HATE that fucker with every fiber of my being.

by Anonymousreply 98September 26, 2020 1:11 PM

When Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj were on American Idol - Nicki kept trying to feud with Mariah online and on the show but Mariah didn't rise to the bait and just calmly kept adjusting her tits.

by Anonymousreply 99September 26, 2020 2:10 PM

R86, thanks for the info. I think of it less as homophobic and more a swipe at Mia.

Kitty Kelley sounds like an evil bitch.

by Anonymousreply 100September 26, 2020 6:34 PM

Linda Evans and John Forsythe vs Joan Collins

Linda and John resented Joan for stealing ‘their’ show when she joined Dynasty in season two. Joan made the show a success and never really thought about them.

by Anonymousreply 101September 26, 2020 6:43 PM

I thought Linda and Joan got along.

by Anonymousreply 102September 26, 2020 8:16 PM

Once Joan eclipsed her in stature Linda made shallow overtures in the press about their being friends, but she always resented her making Dynasty a success.

by Anonymousreply 103September 26, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote] but I’m a natural grudgeholder and very touchy around people I don’t like which is why I often find myself up to the wee hours of the morning having a spat with someone on DL

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 104September 26, 2020 8:21 PM

Boston and NYC

by Anonymousreply 105September 26, 2020 8:22 PM

Boston?!!!

Oh, I love upstate New York! So quaint.

by Anonymousreply 106September 26, 2020 8:25 PM

Australia and the United States, to judge from the press, anyway.

Australian Press: America is pure evil and the reason for anything that ever goes wrong ever!!

American Press: Australia has unique wildlife. Here is a picture of a furry animal the size of a small dog. It might be a koala. No, wait, it's probably a wombat. Hmmm. No. A platypus? David, is that a platypus? How many legs do they have? OH MY GOD IT'S A SPIDER HOLD ME DAVID I'M SCARED

by Anonymousreply 107September 26, 2020 8:28 PM

^^U.K. Press: and the colonials continue to disappoint and embarrass themselves. Well, back to the crossword.

by Anonymousreply 108September 26, 2020 9:42 PM

Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother hated the Duchess of Windsor and ensured she would never be HRH or received warmly. The Duchess of Windsor called her a fat Scottish cook.

by Anonymousreply 109September 26, 2020 10:01 PM

Didn't Marilyn Monroe hate Liz Taylor? Or was it the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 110September 26, 2020 10:18 PM

I seem to remember that Liz once said of Marilyn: "Get that dyke away from me!"

by Anonymousreply 111September 26, 2020 10:32 PM

Moohriagh vs JLo. Bitch she left you in the dust a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 112September 27, 2020 1:57 AM

LBJ adored Jackie Kennedy. He thought she was classy and elegant and ladylike and beautiful. He treated her basically like a princess. When he became president. He and Lady Bird told her she could take all the time she needed to move out of the White House, and when they moved in, they did not take down the absurdly pretentious sign she had put up on the entrance to the presidential bedroom that said, "JOHN F. KENNEDY Lived Here with His Wife." (The Nixons took it down instead in 1969.)

LBJ didn't know that Jackie actually loathed him. She thought he was vulgar and ill-bred, and referred to him behind his back as "Colonel Cornpone." She also said unkind things about Lady Bird, who was always respectful and kind towards her.

Jackie was pretty much a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 113September 27, 2020 2:07 AM

You're telling me R113. I repeatedly saw her at Sloans Supermarket on 3rd. She would dent the cans on the edge of her cart before going to the manager and demanding a reduced price.

by Anonymousreply 114September 27, 2020 2:16 AM

Christina Crawford and Joan. Joan loved her, gave her a world and life she could only ever dream about and that ungrateful girl who that book full of lies about Joan.

by Anonymousreply 115September 27, 2020 5:02 AM

Don't ask ME!???!!

by Anonymousreply 116September 27, 2020 6:08 AM

Dynasty was great before Joan; it was great in a different way after she got there.

The Empire creator Lee Daniels said he had a copy of Dynasty Season 1 in his writers room for Empire.

by Anonymousreply 117September 27, 2020 6:14 AM

Well, Mariah was jealous of Jennifer Lopez who never really thought about her.

by Anonymousreply 118September 27, 2020 7:23 AM

I grew up in LA and I love all the comments about the city on this thread! Angelinos really couldn't care less what other cities/regions think about us. I find it rather charming. Most of us natives have no hate for those other places either. Just mild indifference.

I remember when I moved to NYC my 25 year old self was shocked at how hated my hometown was - and by many people who had never been there! I just laughed it off. Which infuriated NYCers even more. Eh, what can I say? LA is very laissez faire...

by Anonymousreply 119September 27, 2020 7:36 AM

r119, you seem to be under the delusion (evidently flattering to you, based on your post) that other people are thinking about LA constantly.

I have to confess I almost never think of it at all.

by Anonymousreply 120September 27, 2020 3:22 PM

Uh... the US and the UK?

by Anonymousreply 121September 27, 2020 7:21 PM

Not at all R120. Thus me being shocked when I heard all the NYC hatred toward LA. I couldn't care less one way or the other. I brought it up, because, you know, it's the topic of the thread...

by Anonymousreply 122September 28, 2020 3:38 AM

DL face Vivian Vance and William Frawley.

by Anonymousreply 123September 28, 2020 4:41 AM

FAVE FAVE

by Anonymousreply 124September 28, 2020 4:42 AM

R119 I'm from San Francisco myself, and I always roll my eyes when people speak disparagingly about L.A. I visit L.A. every couple of years and always have a great time.

by Anonymousreply 125September 28, 2020 4:57 AM

R119 Sorry, I'm not R124, I'm R24. These fucking fat fingers, oy!

by Anonymousreply 126September 28, 2020 4:58 AM

I've lived in S.F. and did hear people try to downgrade L.A. IMO, it's apples and oranges.

by Anonymousreply 127September 28, 2020 5:04 AM

Trump and Obama. Trump has such a hard-on for him, and Obama couldn't care less about him.

by Anonymousreply 128September 28, 2020 6:12 AM

[quote] I told him he was welcome to think Colorado was better if it made him happy, but California is unbothered so stop wasting my time with this nonsense.

Just substitute Texas and Seattle for Colorado in that anecdote, and that comes close to what I've heard before. Especially Texas. Somebody must have told them a rivalry exists between them and California, but California has not heard one thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 129September 30, 2020 4:45 AM

Levon Helm v. Robbie Robertson - Levon Helm badmouthed Robertson often. When Robertson was asked about Helm during interviews, he never had a bad word to say. When the Band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Levon Helm stayed home.

by Anonymousreply 130October 1, 2020 3:09 AM

R114, she was ON ASSISTANCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 131October 15, 2020 9:59 PM

I may have had an irritable sister but her irritation never concerned me much.

by Anonymousreply 132October 15, 2020 10:00 PM

r7

No one has know them. Who cares? Don't waste time.

by Anonymousreply 133March 31, 2021 11:07 AM

Antarctica v Greenland

Antarctica: "Greenland WHO?"

by Anonymousreply 134March 31, 2021 1:57 PM

You're telling me [R113]. I repeatedly saw her at Sloans Supermarket on 3rd. She would dent the cans on the edge of her cart before going to the manager and demanding a reduced price.

Well, when you're OnAssistanc, you have toi learn how to really stretch your dollar so as to pay for creamed corn and send Caroline to Brearley. We should be forbearing.

by Anonymousreply 135March 31, 2021 2:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!