Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen explains the allegations and how they aren’t true.

She seems so sweet and like she’s growing.

“This summer there were allegations of a toxic work environment at our show & there was an investigation. I learned that things happened here that never should have happened,”

She also made Twitch an executive producer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 29, 2020 6:52 PM

like scaring the crap out of her guests with clowns and folks jumping out of that box?

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2020 7:12 PM

Skeptical.

Don’t buy her. She’s a HUGE phony.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2020 7:15 PM

I was never dragged into the hating on Ellen bit. Watch if you like, don't if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2020 7:17 PM

Drunk

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2020 7:17 PM

When a 62 year old woman says she’s “still growing” when it comes to learning how to treat low level, low paid staff members, that mean she’s a CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2020 7:18 PM

Sure Ellen all the racism and cruel pranks were just a misunderstanding, lying crone.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2020 7:18 PM

Had she been growing up in a bubble so that she didn't know how to treat the plebs? Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2020 7:26 PM

It's about more than Ellen's behavior. Someone is behind this campaign to get her ousted.

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2020 7:40 PM

Please. There have been rumors everywhere about Ellen's crappy attitude for *years*. She knew all about the rumors and chatter, and still didn't feel moved enough to upgrade her behavior. The talk finally got a big toehold this past year and made it into the mainstream media, exposing her fully. BS to any claims she "didn't" know what was going on - she fostered the atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2020 7:43 PM

So she’s denying it. Huh.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2020 7:48 PM

She's so full of crap. All white outfit? Angel. Angel from hell.

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2020 7:53 PM

She seemed shaken and stirred.

Bald Tiffany was a great antidote.

by Anonymousreply 12September 21, 2020 8:05 PM

All the Ellen hatred is FAKE from fake bots and fake profiles on Facebook. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2020 8:19 PM

Other comedians thought she was a bitch so her vicious hag attitude is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2020 8:32 PM

Ellen,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2020 8:39 PM

R13 yep. And every gossip site and blind site that has a post on Ellen today knows it. Go see CDAN, dlisted, blind gossip, and any other major site. Profiting by clicks from a deliberate smear campaign. They are as foul as the conservative, rightwing media that is behind this. When you run tweets through a bot analyzer site over half read as suspicious. Go try it. It's proof.

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2020 8:40 PM

No, it’s 99.95637 suspicious. They are literally all fake comments from reddit to YouTube to here they have infested twitter and Facebook. It’s unreal. There are more fake bots than actual users.

And the advertisers know they are fake but cash this checks, shareholders be dammed that it is ALL A HOUSE OF FAKE CARDS.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2020 8:43 PM

R13, R17=Ellen

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2020 8:48 PM

For short periods of time, crazy people can improve. Even Trump pulled it together during one of his bankruptcies to make it seem like he was ready to do whatever was necessary and work with his bank....

Based on the stories I've heard behind the scenes from people who have worked there, she's too crazy. The staff is too dysfunctional as well because anyone who wasn't ready to be abused and deal with crazy got the fuck out of there a long time ago. All celebrity operations are a bit cultish and they all take cues from the top as to what they can get away with and how to treat people. My guess is that COVID will save her ass. There's enough removal from the staff due to covid that she'll be able to maintain the appearance things have changed. In normal times, it wouldn't have worked.

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2020 8:49 PM

Ellen, the gay community supports you 100% and we have your back.

by Anonymousreply 20September 21, 2020 8:51 PM

She’s a liar and trying to blame it all on others. Very Trumpian. No Ellen, you’re cancelled. There’s no coming back. You’ll officially be canceled when your numbers are revealed as shit. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2020 8:52 PM

Psycho at r17 her own STAFFERS went on record to discuss how awful she was, how bad was she that her own people were willing to put themselves out there like that to confirm the rumors. These people aren't bots or hiding behind fake profiles, they used their own names ffs.

by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2020 8:54 PM

She shouldn't have pandered to this witch hunt

by Anonymousreply 23September 21, 2020 8:58 PM

She has been doing some comfort eating but who can blame her?

by Anonymousreply 24September 21, 2020 9:38 PM

Of course she's innocent. She's a woman. She didn't know. They never do when they're caught.

by Anonymousreply 25September 21, 2020 9:43 PM

Where was the concrete allegations against her, r25? I never heard anything, just a lot of vague stuff

by Anonymousreply 26September 21, 2020 9:49 PM

*Where were

by Anonymousreply 27September 21, 2020 9:51 PM

r21 canceling people is for unevolved simpletons who have no desire for growth.

by Anonymousreply 28September 21, 2020 9:52 PM

I’m a fan of her and the show but something seemed off and she seemed disingenuous. She looked shell shocked. The whole thing looked messy.

by Anonymousreply 29September 21, 2020 9:53 PM

Nobody could ever say what exactly she did in the 50 previous threads.

The next thing you know they will say Ellen is a pedo and trafficking humans out of a pizza parlor.

by Anonymousreply 30September 21, 2020 9:55 PM

R29 more vagueness and loser opinions from people with no sense.

by Anonymousreply 31September 21, 2020 9:56 PM

R26 you will never get anything concrete. It’s like some phantom energy that bots in foreign countries keep promoting.

What is the real tea here? Is this another Hollywood hack from foreigners? They love stirring up Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 32September 21, 2020 9:57 PM

I believe Ellen, like all of us, is a complicated human. I think her success after her downfall during her coming out days went to her head a bit. I feel like maybe she is a bitch some days, but then, so are we all.

I have always like Ellen for her humanity. She seems like maybe she took some of the criticism to heart and I'm sure she is trying to right some of the mistakes she made.

We all need to realize that we are ALL in this together. Every single one of us. None of us is a saint. Until we recognize and have empathy for each other's faults we will continue on this downward spiral towards selfish destruction.

by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2020 9:58 PM

Exactly.

And they use the same language as they do against Hillary and Meghan Markle. Same exact words and phrases.

by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2020 10:01 PM

R33. Thanks. What’s your Venmo again?

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2020 10:01 PM

All a bit awkward, and she looked rather drawn. If any of it is true, I suppose charging into the cannon’s mouth was judged too risky; better to obliquely refer to it through the mushy disingenuous ‘always growing’ spiel. Fair enough play, but rather poor damage control if there’s any truth to the whole thing or if it’s likely to recur.

Mind you, I don’t think she should be vilified even if she actually is a miserable truculent arsehole: contrary to what she said, she strikes me as fully capable of masking to an extent who she really is on screen, and I understand why she might do so. Trouble is even the best actors struggle to hide who they truly are in that sort of medium. Good luck to her.

The proof of the lesbian nut roast with fenugreek sprinkles is in the eating... whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Tv is often a toxic work environment. I worked on a daily show where the star was not very nice. He didn’t have much interaction with us but when he did he was a bully. We worked in teams and the majority of people were nice tbh. But the execs? Horrid.

by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2020 10:10 PM

And of course she has the guy to her right (to our left as viewers) clapping away as the cheerleader in chief.

Why does it always have to be the black guy? WHY???

This is disgusting. Fuck you, Ellen, and fuck the people who are behind all of this bullshit, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2020 10:15 PM

No one, ever, has uttered an unkind word about R9, because she is constantly sweetness and light, 24/7.

Or, more likely, R9 is your usual DL shut-in, with no friends (or enemies) who would bad mouth her.

by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2020 10:15 PM

K...

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2020 10:20 PM

R36, I’d be at my former dealer’s house too, if being Ellen’s “wife” was my best paying gig on my resume.

The only good thing that came out of Trump’s presidency, is that it showed everyone what a sham all of this shit is. And I’m talking about showing the sham to good people who would otherwise never see it, because good folks cannot imagine that shit like this isn’t actually genuine.

None of these folks are genuine, however, in their defense, being genuine isn’t what they’re being paid the big bucks for.

Acting genuine is where the money’s at.

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2020 10:24 PM

That's a small piece of paper to cover such a BIG ASS.

by Anonymousreply 42September 21, 2020 10:25 PM

The fact that she thinks her audience is stupid enough to buy this tells you everything you need to know about her. It shows you how much respect she really has for them. In almost twenty years of doing this, she had no idea of what was going on at all until it hit the media last year? Give me a break.

She played it exactly like how many thought she would. She couldn't even bothered to at least try and be honest a little bit and admit some culpability. She's a very artificial person.

by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2020 10:31 PM

Her lies are so polished. what a perfect person for that supreme court vacancy!

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2020 10:35 PM

" She's a very artificial person."

And that makes her unique in Tinseltown.

by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2020 10:36 PM

I think it was R22 who was saying that she is going to be arrested by the feds a few months ago.

Do you have anymore insider reports? What are the charges she is facing from the feds?

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2020 10:37 PM

She’s gained weight. Comfort eating.

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2020 10:48 PM

R47, that wasn’t food.

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2020 10:50 PM

[quote] It's about more than Ellen's behavior. Someone is behind this campaign to get her ousted.

Yeah, pretty much everyone who ever worked for this mean drunk scab, because she's a major cunt.

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2020 10:54 PM

R20, please don't speak for me.

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2020 10:58 PM

R20, show us why this is fake or fraudulent, and we too, will have her back 100%.

If someone or some group is out to get Ellen, then show us the proof. We have all had Ellen’s back for almost 20 years before this came up, so I’m willing to bet everyone would still have her back, regardless of gender or sexuality, if everyone got clued into what this really is, instead of how it is meant to appear.

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2020 11:03 PM

This is bullshit and a witch hunt. I’m sure Ellen is not the nicest person on the planet, but I doubt that she’s as terrible as some people make her out to be. And I would like to see actual examples what Ellen has done that is so awful, not the producers on her show, or her staff, but Ellen herself.

It’s a smear campaign, and I would love to know who’s behind it.

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2020 11:10 PM

Who still watches this old drunk?

by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2020 11:12 PM

R52, I’d rather know WHY, than whom.

If this is indeed a smear campaign, then why?

Wouldn’t most of HW want to out these motives? Because if it could happen to Ellen, everyone would be smart to assume that it can and perhaps will, also happen to them.

So why isn’t HE speaking out on her behalf, unless they’re behind the smear campaign? And if so, why are they supporting the campaign, instead of their fellow celebrity?

If any of you know the real deal, as you allege, then spell it out for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2020 11:22 PM

Wait. Lady Prudence Fairfax is back at R15?

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2020 11:26 PM

It’s not a smear campaign. People started talking and Buzzfeed compiled all those stories. It led to a number of producers being fired for cause. The best you can say about Ellen is that she is a shitty boss.

by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2020 11:30 PM

Why? R55? She's a successful, out lesbian. You have to be dumb to not know that homophobia is behind part of it.

by Anonymousreply 57September 21, 2020 11:36 PM

R57 Some of the people that hate her now ARE homophobic but that's not why she's been taken down.

by Anonymousreply 58September 21, 2020 11:37 PM

Homophobia has nothing to do with it. She tolerated and most likely encouraged a hostile workplace. Scaring people and treating staff like peasants is not okay in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 59September 21, 2020 11:40 PM

I'm a lesbian. And I do not have Ellen's back. I have a problem with people that are mean, hateful, and abusive to people. We have heard stories for years how bad she is. She's been able to get away with it because she's a rich celebrity. There's been very few celebrities that have stuck up for her. So,(R20) you're full of crap.

by Anonymousreply 60September 21, 2020 11:45 PM

Has there been one story about Ellen doing something wrong or misbehaving towards an employee? All I’ve been reading on here is that she’s fake, mean, nasty, a drunk, etc. Where’s the actual evidence?

by Anonymousreply 61September 21, 2020 11:47 PM

There’s footage of her scaring staff and laughing.

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2020 11:48 PM

This is such a crock. Go after the rethugs if you’re that bored. At least they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2020 11:51 PM

There was a waitress that went on record saying that she tried to get her fired because she had chipped nail polish. A bodyguard that said she treated him like dirt. Former staffers said they quit because of her. I'm sure there is a lot of documents that we probably will never see. Let's not forget when she was doing the show from her house during quarantine she hired non-union members.

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2020 11:53 PM

She's packed on the weight. alcohol and antidepressants I'm guessing, and her hair's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2020 11:56 PM

I like her

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2020 11:57 PM

If you're not someone famous, you're not s*** to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2020 11:57 PM

R64, I don’t see the “story” here. Weinstein masturbating into a plant pot with his employee in the room is a story. Naomi Campbell throwing her cellphone at her assistant is a story.

What I’ve heard about Ellen is really vague, as other posters have pointed out, and there is very little substance. She “treated her bodyguard like dirt”? What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 68September 22, 2020 12:00 AM

(R68) Your right, Portia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 22, 2020 12:04 AM

Misogyny is baked into America's DNA. All successful women must eventually be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 70September 22, 2020 1:55 AM

It was really awkward when she walked up into the 'audience' of video screens. She looked embarrassed.

I don't think she'll do the show much longer.

by Anonymousreply 71September 22, 2020 1:55 AM

I predict ratings will be in the toilet. Get me out of here. Seriously, I need an exit plan.

by Anonymousreply 72September 22, 2020 2:11 AM

Nice to see they opened the Sears boys section early so that she’d have something to wear. Fifty bucks says she got 28 in. waist FotL tighty whites on under her Tufskins.

by Anonymousreply 73September 22, 2020 2:12 AM

(R70) She destroyed herself.

by Anonymousreply 74September 22, 2020 2:19 AM

I will say again - if she took some responsibility and said - "You know what? I let fame get to my head." (Tell me ANYONE that famous that hasn't let fame change them and their priorities.)

"I took some others' advice that staff shouldn't look or talk to me because other stars do that and it lessens the constant, uncomfortable stares and allows me to focus on my job.

However, it got out of control and I lost who I was and I hurt people. I've listened to people and know and fully admit my actions were unprofessional and hurtful. All of us with a lot of power need checks and balances to make sure we don't forget who we are and how we impact people."

I would stand up and applaud and back her 1000 per cent if she did that. But she's trying to avoid any legal issues and personal blame / impact to her brand.

No matter how this shakes out - like Rosie O'Donnell - she has done an incredible amount for the gay community and was extremely brave. You can NOT take that away from her. And she has done a lot of good for people.

She just needs to own this.

by Anonymousreply 75September 22, 2020 2:32 AM

Worst apology ever. "I employ 270 people" meaning if you get me fired you get 270 people fired. What reason, what possible reason would she make Twitch a co-executive producer? He was not even a real DJ - and he is a failed actor. I mean how obvious can you get - you have one visible black guy on the show so you throw money at him? And I love how she pawned off that be kind line off on a gay teen suicide. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 76September 22, 2020 2:38 AM

The extra weight looked good on her. But the rest was a phony mess. Remember the two or three times when Letterman came clean, and directly spoke to his audience, about his infidelities, his meanness to a Palin girl and his feelings about the "Late Night Wars?" He might not have wanted to do it but dammit he took responsibility and was extremely straightforward and sincere. And they he even subjected himself to an hour of confessing to Oprah. Letterman wasn't going to be cancelled, but his reputation took a terrible hit and he in now way tried to make excuses for himself. Ellen said NOTHING today. I think she had a summer of overkill attacks in the petty press, but it didn't come from nowhere. Elevating Twitch to executive producer was also just pandering on her part. He doesn't have that kind of talent or smarts. Ellen is done is my opinion. Not because she's a monster, but there's something very juvenile in her personality and she is never speaking from her heart. She cries over lost kittens and gives money and TVs away, but she's not an empathetic person. She also loved her position near the top of Hollywood society. As it stands. I liked her and now I don't. But I always new she was never being herself. The be kind thing was her own making. And she's been famously unkind to many people for many years. Also extremely intolerant of the edgier players in the game. She wants to be seen as nice. That's her biggest transgression. Because she's an unhappy lady. A fraud.

by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2020 2:42 AM

* and then

* he in no way tried

* in my opinion

* I always knew

by Anonymousreply 78September 22, 2020 2:47 AM

Fatty fatty fat fat!

Too many cupcakes and quesadillas.

She's gained at least 30 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 79September 22, 2020 2:52 AM

Misogyny is baked into America's DNA. All successful women must eventually be destroyed.

Bullshit, Oprah wasn't destroyed, nor were Babawa Walters, Diane Sawyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Nancy Pelosi, et. al. But those women are successful based on merit. I've no idea why Ellen is successful, she's not funny or talented or good looking or intelligent, she's just lucky. She's just the token lesbian we have to have on tv.

by Anonymousreply 80September 22, 2020 3:28 AM

R69, you only had to get 3 words right, and you couldn’t even do that. Sad!

And then you post a Buzzfeed link to an article you didn’t read and that confirms what I said in my statement at R68. There is not ONE concrete story about something that Ellen did, other than “being mean” or “treating people like dirt“.

It’s ok not to grab a pitchfork immediately and to use your head instead to look at all the facts and form your own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 81September 22, 2020 9:47 AM

[quote] When a 62 year old woman says she’s “still growing” when it comes to learning how to treat low level, low paid staff members, that mean she’s a CUNT!

I partly disagree. No matter what age we will grow and find out more about this world and us. However, Ellen is a big ass phony. I highly doubt she learned anything other than how to cover her ass from this. And she is representative of so many other shows and work environments, but she is being singled out, because she's an easy target as the Phony & Mean Lesbian. The same way there are other easy targets like the black American hussy who took away sweet innocent Price Harry (hey, don't bother paying attention to his creepy uncle and his connection to that Epstein pedo ... ALL EYES ON MEGHAN!).

by Anonymousreply 82September 22, 2020 9:59 AM

Datalounge has had her number for years.

by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2020 2:04 PM

She did a lot of good a long time ago, but her Kevin Hart interview erased a majority of it for many people. She came off as hostile towards the gay community by referring to it as "Those people" and seemed annoyed that people would take issue with homophobia. It was an awful moment.

I personally think she thought her talk show was fun at first but grew to despise it and the character she created to appease Midwestern fraus. But she loved the money coming in, so she whored herself out. But she clearly hates that she's done that, hates the show, and at times even seems to hate some of the guests she has to interview. Rosie went through a similar phase with her talk show, but knew to leave because it wasn't mentally healthy to sustain that "Queen of Nice" image when you're really not. Ellen should've followed Rosie's lead, but she didn't, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 84September 23, 2020 1:56 AM

Her outfit is undeniably toxic.

by Anonymousreply 85September 23, 2020 1:59 AM

Jesus Christ, this woman is NOT "sweet." People who have worked with her can attest to that? And she's "growing?" She 62; should she be grown up by now?

by Anonymousreply 86September 23, 2020 2:01 AM

I don't watch her because the show is so show and juvenile. A kiddie show for fraus. You'd get a slightly deeper interview with Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 87September 23, 2020 2:21 AM

(R81) Wants to see Ellen dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 23, 2020 3:42 AM

r52 Full on crazy alcoholic stuff...specifically, giving two employees contradictory marching orders then going apeshit when things go wrong and frequently denying what she said in the first place. kind of like what the president does.

You know who the journalists covering this story overlooked? Hollywood staffing agencies, not just for the show but for household staff. There are some companies that are popular with rich people for vetting maids, chefs, property managers, landscapers, nannies, bodyguards...A maid can earn $70-100k (with the agency getting a chunk). They all know Ellen and her revolving door and don't want to send staff to her since they know the person will be fired within a few weeks because she fires people constantly. Ellen has to overpay since people don't want to even go work for her since they know its likely to be miserable and not to last long anyway and then they have to worry about getting the next job (which nobody would blame them for since everyone knows she's a lunatic).

by Anonymousreply 89September 23, 2020 4:03 AM

[quote] It’s a smear campaign, and I would love to know who’s behind it.

Hmmm, it's so hard to figure this one out. Let's see:

- WGA (East and West) has been on her case for over 12 years since she crossed the picket line and fired all her staff to hire non union writers, because she's so important. She's been called for her terrible treatment of writers ever since, this is hardly any news in town. She hates writers, just like Tyler Perry (who at least is honest and decided he would write all his shitty stories himself so no more writers to underpay, I'll give him that).

- Record Labels whose songs have been used on her show without paying royalties and license fees.

- PGA (Producers Guild of America) for her treatment of her staff and producers she fires at a whim.

- Portia's friends. Nuff said.

- Anne Heche. Where the aliens at?

I could go on but why bother? Ellen's been a staple here as I've been told since the 1990s, joining the ranks of deplorables like Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey with the most gossip about their terrible behavior, so why is anyone surprised this cunt is finally getting her comeuppance?

That said I do think her friendship with Bush kickstarted it, but it was bound to happen. It's not like this is fake news, she is a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 90September 23, 2020 1:06 PM

She's fat now. Has this been discussed up thread?

by Anonymousreply 91September 23, 2020 1:16 PM

anyone who gets as much enjoyment as she does by terrorizing people with her games is not a "just a kind loving person"

by Anonymousreply 92September 23, 2020 4:38 PM

I still can’t believe she choose to die on the hills that were Bush and Kevin Hart.

I shouldn’t be surprised though.

by Anonymousreply 93September 23, 2020 7:50 PM

Why is she dressed like a pastor at an LGBT church?

by Anonymousreply 94September 23, 2020 7:52 PM

She manages to look both like a grandpa and an eight year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 95September 23, 2020 7:58 PM

I think a lot of people have known someone who thought they didn’t have to bother with being nice because of power/status. It usually bites them on the ass.

Be nice to people on the way up, because it’s same people you’ll see on the way down.

by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2020 8:11 PM

R90 No, what started it was that random twitter thread that hollywood writer started asking people to share their mean ellen stories lol

by Anonymousreply 97September 24, 2020 12:00 AM

That thread literally started after ellen was criticized by her hanging out with Bush and it wasn't a writer, it was a comedian, referencing her opening speech justifying being kind despite political differences.

by Anonymousreply 98September 24, 2020 12:36 AM

Except to people who work for you.

Don’t be kind to them.

by Anonymousreply 99September 24, 2020 6:13 AM

I've watched the last two shows just to see how she handled herself after the initial show.

Man, she is so damn passive aggressive! She makes quips about the summer drama all throughout. She just can't help herself.

by Anonymousreply 100September 24, 2020 6:16 AM

Thank God she’s not at home!

by Anonymousreply 101September 24, 2020 7:40 AM

I watched the apology on her YouTube channel, best part was after the big apology on how she's working on herself they have kept the usual "please subscribe to Ellen's" bit of Ellen scaring her producer. I felt that was the truest part of the vid.

by Anonymousreply 102September 24, 2020 9:11 AM

She needs to be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 103September 24, 2020 9:17 AM

As stated in the previous thread, the staff started coming forward when the pandemic hit and she started doing the show from her living room. She screwed them over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 24, 2020 9:21 AM

She is a hateful dyke.

by Anonymousreply 105September 24, 2020 9:30 AM

Ellen and Wendy Williams are both entitled boomers who need to retire. They are the face of boomer entitlement, sticking around just so they can earn millions they don't need and making everyone miserable in the process.

by Anonymousreply 106September 24, 2020 9:36 AM

The cunt energy is strong in this one.

by Anonymousreply 107September 24, 2020 10:16 AM

Alec Baldwin kissed her butt.

by Anonymousreply 108September 24, 2020 10:27 AM

Alec kisses a lot of butt.

by Anonymousreply 109September 24, 2020 10:52 AM

Be kind (of a cunt)

by Anonymousreply 110September 24, 2020 11:06 AM

I so wanted to bone Lady Prudence Fairfax.

by Anonymousreply 111September 24, 2020 11:09 AM

I wanted her to cry and grovel-. I guess she got a lot of support from celebs and her bosses or she would be more upset.

by Anonymousreply 112September 24, 2020 2:47 PM

R104, No they started coming forward in December of last year when buzzfeed posted a notice that they were interested in hearing from past ellen employees for an expose they were doing on her.

The majority of the people who commented havent worked for her in years. The coronavieus made no impact on their deicison to go forward.

by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2020 2:50 PM

I be this feels freeing for Ellen to no longer have to keep up a facade. She no longer says "be kind to each other".

by Anonymousreply 114September 24, 2020 2:52 PM

The rumors have been swirling around Datalounge for YEARS.

This is not new.

by Anonymousreply 115September 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Her excuse was being the kind lady meant she always had to be kind? Um. Yeah, kind of the idea. Her whole line about she started that because a gay kid killed himself was bullshit. So you only said it because you are using someone else's tragedy for a tag line, you don't really practice being kind? Who ever helped her with that should be fired. She simply should have come out and said 'I am sorry" not "If I did this I am sorry," because it means she thinks she did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 116September 24, 2020 3:44 PM

When she was twenty she working for a woman who had an 11 year old son who was fat. She couldn't help herself so she told him he was fat a few times. What 20 year old says that to an 11 year old? I'm not a nice person but I would never do such a thing. There is a very deep nasty mean streak there.

by Anonymousreply 117September 24, 2020 4:08 PM

R117, It was wrong but it was 40+ years ago.

by Anonymousreply 118September 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Ellen always looks like the villain in a James Bond movie.

by Anonymousreply 119September 24, 2020 6:51 PM

This year's season debut had the same ratings as last year's. All the haters can go suck it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 24, 2020 6:55 PM

I would take the debut with a grain of salt R120. How the show fairs in the first week or two will be a better indicator.

by Anonymousreply 121September 24, 2020 6:57 PM

I wonder if people tuned in to see if she’d address the rumors.

by Anonymousreply 122September 24, 2020 7:01 PM

From the Variety article, "On the other hand, the premiere remaining the same as last year is no mean feat, given that changing viewing habits and COVID-19 have caused broadcast viewership to fall across the board."

by Anonymousreply 123September 24, 2020 7:04 PM

Give it a rest, R17, and the other crazy haters on here. There’s bigger stuff to get worked up about. Ellen’s fine and will survive. Deep breaths to all who froth at the mouth over this.

by Anonymousreply 124September 24, 2020 7:05 PM

Why don't you give it a rest R124? I really didn't know much about her until I started reading ugly stuff about her on DL a few years ago. Then I start seeing all these all these let's scare the shit out of people videos, forcing Carey to drink alcohol where Mariah is like what the fuck is this sadist doing and why is she embarrassing me in front of a TV audience, let's be be best buddies with a mass murdering war criminal and I'm so wonderful let's do the happy dance shit which makes me think this person is a psychotic fuck. She's clearly made a lot of no name people who once worked for her uncomfortable and even miserable.

She's at 62 exactly who she was at 20. Defend her because she's gay and a woman but even you know that's baloney.

by Anonymousreply 125September 24, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote]When she was twenty she working for a woman who had an 11 year old son who was fat. She couldn't help herself so she told him he was fat a few times.

The she dropped him twenty feet into a vat of mayo!

by Anonymousreply 126September 24, 2020 9:53 PM

When you market kindness all bets are off.

by Anonymousreply 127September 24, 2020 10:07 PM

Yeah, but did anyone ever believe the doe-eyed aw shucks dancing tomboy Ellen was real 24/7? I always assumed it was a persona.

However, there is a huge difference between not being Pollyanna all the time, and having systemic cuntiness as the norm in the workplace. In my opinion, she is getting what she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 128September 24, 2020 11:43 PM

Have Alison La Placa or Mary Page Keller commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote]She's at 62 exactly who she was at 20. Defend her because she's gay and a woman but even you know that's baloney.

This. She has a juvenile personality and it's not because she's famous. There's something off there. I watched her on and off long enough to know. She does NOT accept any criticism well - but that's not the only problem. She is arrested. Cries for lost kitties and hosting the Academy Awards, but holds lifelong grudges because she had some difficulty coming out? Invests hundreds of millions of dollars in homes and gorillas? But goes to ball game with George fucking Bush? She's got the emotional mind of a child. If she likes someone - they're good. If she's uncomfortable - that's bad. The gay men she embraces and promotes on her show, famous or not - are all queeny queen queens. Please be kind. Those kind of gay men ain't always kind, but it's all the gay MAN Ellen can handle. She has a weird ass relationship with her cold and disapproving mother and that is most likely at the center of everything. She's not growing or learning. She's too old and successful to admit any fault, never mind change. I'm flawed. I like flawed personalities. But not Ellen's.

by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2020 3:55 AM

If you have to learn basic human decency only because Twitter called you out at age 62, it’s probably too late for you.

by Anonymousreply 131September 25, 2020 5:17 AM

she one sorry old turdface....

by Anonymousreply 132September 25, 2020 9:09 AM

[quote]They are literally all fake comments from reddit to YouTube to here they have infested twitter and Facebook. It’s unreal.

I don't know how mentally ill you have to be to think anyone is going to believe that every single person posting about this on social media is fake.

by Anonymousreply 133September 25, 2020 9:28 AM

Interesting, R124 is a Trumpster posting in the trans and Meghan Markle threads.

Guess the trolls are using this as an attempt to divide the community. Doesn't seem to be working but they're kind of desperate.

by Anonymousreply 134September 25, 2020 9:30 AM

she is done. put a fork in her and send her home....

by Anonymousreply 135September 25, 2020 9:44 AM

Just changed the channel and Twitch is interviewing someone, didn't her season just start this week and she's off already?

by Anonymousreply 136September 25, 2020 7:44 PM

Rolling eyes at all the haters.

by Anonymousreply 137September 28, 2020 2:57 AM

Your eyes must be spinning in their sockets. There's so much to hate about her.

by Anonymousreply 138September 28, 2020 4:58 AM

I like that she is a surrogate mean rich bitch with some fun in her. She does it so I don't have to. Go Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 139September 28, 2020 5:41 PM

I'd like it if she used her wealth to say fuck you to the celebrities who deserve it.

Not the intern who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 140September 28, 2020 6:47 PM

^^ This will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 141September 28, 2020 7:10 PM

Ellen is a hollow, twisted, stunted personality and a case study in how to make money off Schadenfreude by marketing it as kindness.

by Anonymousreply 142September 28, 2020 7:14 PM

Her fun seems pretty forced and if you don't think it's fun she turns nasty.

by Anonymousreply 143September 28, 2020 9:48 PM

Her fun seems pretty forced and if you don't think it's fun she turns nasty - which is where the fun really starts.

by Anonymousreply 144September 28, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]Ellen is a hollow, twisted, stunted personality and a case study in how to make money off Schadenfreude by marketing it as kindness.

The Wit and Wisdom feature is not working for me, so I must applaud this post. That's it. You've said it. I agree. Perfectly concise insight. I ❤️ R142!

by Anonymousreply 145September 29, 2020 12:44 AM

Get off Ellen’s nuts. She ain’t your mama.

by Anonymousreply 146September 29, 2020 12:46 AM

Thank god she ain't nobody's mama. And if she had adopted she would have returned the kid. Because that actually takes selflessness without a camera being there. She would have been why the fuck I am doing this? I'm not getting anything out of it.

by Anonymousreply 147September 29, 2020 12:51 AM

R147, She's a senior cirtizen. You'll just need to get off her nuts. She doesnt live to please you

by Anonymousreply 148September 29, 2020 12:55 AM

Yes R148. She's a senior citizen worth 400 million dollars. Get the fuck off TV. Nobody wants her nuts. That's the problem. She's a mean old bitch with nuts, who cries like a child whenever she is even remotely criticized or held accountable. Nobody even expected much of her - she's so innocuous. But to be such a baby and coward while befriending all the worst players and playing the victim = cancelled.

An old woman who has learned nothing in life, is fortunate to have so much fucking money. Go away now Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 149September 29, 2020 1:06 AM

R149, you really need to get off this 65 year old woman's nuts. If her viewers stop watching her, she will be cancelled.

Until then uou'll just have to deal with it. Ses a winner in life and you're a loser.

by Anonymousreply 150September 29, 2020 1:09 AM

^ 65 year old women don't have nuts. And Ellen is 62. She only looks 70. Corrupt as hell, guilty as sin. Greedy as fuck. May she live in heaven for half one hour before the devil knows she's dead!

by Anonymousreply 151September 29, 2020 2:18 AM

R148 she clearly has never lived to please anyone. A media sensation whose awshucks demeanor attempts to conceal an abusive selfishness. May she sink to the bottom of the sea along with her hundreds of millions.

by Anonymousreply 152September 29, 2020 2:42 AM

Ellen needs to be CANCELLED.

by Anonymousreply 153September 29, 2020 4:04 AM

The problem is also the “commoditization” of kindness and hustling donations from corporate sponsors for advertising and show content/ratings. It became more about selling a product—the show and “the kindness lady” identity—than actual and genuine altruism.

Seems like at this point she’s just trying to keep a good thing going on her terms, which is why it reads as so disingenuous. In that way she’s very similar to Trump, trying to control and push a narrative and reality that doesn’t exist off-camera.

by Anonymousreply 154September 29, 2020 5:28 AM

[quote] Seems like at this point she’s just trying to keep a good thing going on her terms, which is why it reads as so disingenuous. In that way she’s very similar to Trump, trying to control and push a narrative and reality that doesn’t exist off-camera.

Well stated R154.

Seems we are seeing much of this lately: Ellen, Trump, Meghan Markle to name just a few....

by Anonymousreply 155September 29, 2020 5:38 AM

R154, It's a fucking TV show.

by Anonymousreply 156September 29, 2020 5:43 AM

Really? Did you know water is wet?

by Anonymousreply 157September 29, 2020 5:59 AM

Often people SCREE SCREE SCREE about some Ellen outrage or another and then I go look at the clip and Ellen is performing role play. And it's funny. Lots of Ellen is 2nd or 3rd degree of satire and people don't get it. I'm willing to agree she might be a cunty boss but when she's on camera she is roll playing, doing characters. You can laugh with her because she is making fun of herself, or there she is 3 steps away from reality.

The problem in today's society is once someone is so-called cancelled, NOTHING 2nd or 3rd degree can ever be considered for what it was as satire or role play. People loose all irony. They stop being able to recognize a comedian "doing a bit" - or if they can still see it was role play, IT IS NEVERTHELESS UNFOREGIVEABLE AND DEPLORABLE in this person's case.

This is what happened to Al Franken, comedian who became a senator. He did a bit on a plane and everyone was in on it. He was making a JOKE about being a cornball male doing an male asshole move. But not, everyone decided Al Franken was a MOLESTER, a CHAUVINIST PIG who had to go.

This is what happened to Ellen. To you scolds, Ellen is ALL BAD ALL CUNT ALL MEAN. AND THERE IS NO JOKE ELLEN IS NOT FUNNY ROLEPLAYING A MEAN CUNT IS NOT FUNNY ITS JUST A MEAN CUNT WHO MUST BE CANCELLED

by Anonymousreply 158September 29, 2020 12:15 PM

You are quite the dimwit aren't you R158.

She is laughing AT those she likes to make uncomfortable. Pull that shit on her and you'll get the death stare. If you work for her you'll be fired or forced out. And it is not role playing. That's really her.

by Anonymousreply 159September 29, 2020 6:15 PM

If YOU say so.

by Anonymousreply 160September 29, 2020 6:34 PM

I KNOW so.

by Anonymousreply 161September 29, 2020 6:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!