Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Contact Lenses

Will I get them in? Being a virgin, I have failed at penetration all my life, so do you think I will be successful with contact lenses? I really need them. I am desperate in case I fail.

Do you like wearing contact lenses?

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2021 7:06 PM

OP. gurl, you're in danger of crossing over into PMBT territory.

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2020 5:32 PM

Not sure if you want a real answer, but I love contacts. When I was a teen, i was prescribed hard lenses and I hated them and never got used to wearing them, but later was prescribed the soft ones and they are 100% more comfortable. I don’t feel them in my eyes at all and see perfectly with them, while without I have extreme nearsightedness that requires very thick glasses Lenses. It was an easy choice for me.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2020 5:46 PM

R2 Thank you for your lovely reply. I just have issues of forcing my eyes open enough so that I can penetrate them with the lenses...

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2020 5:49 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2020 5:50 PM

I wish I could find some multi-focal contact lenses with a prescription as good as my progressive lenses eyeglasses.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2020 5:59 PM

"I am desperate in case I fail. "

What?

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2020 6:01 PM

If you think contact lenses "penetrate" your eyes, then the real issue here is your intelligence, not the contact lenses.

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2020 6:03 PM

I have been wearing contact lenses for years, and they have gotten better with advances in technology. When I started wearing soft lenses, they were thicker and not as permeable, so if I kept them in longer than roughly four hours, my eyes would turn red and get irritable. Today's soft lenses are thinner and permeable, allowing oxygen to pass so your eyes can "breathe."

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2020 6:28 PM

Does anyone remember when you had to "cook" your soft contacts in a sterilizer every night?

A while round, plug-in boiler.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2020 6:32 PM

R9, Yes, I forgot about that. I had a contact lens case made of thick plastic that I set down on an electric warmer each night.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2020 7:32 PM

my eyes have become incredibly sensitive to light and I even had trouble in offices with the overhead lights, glare and paper. I started wearing transitions contact lenses and I squint no more! they give me demon eyes in super bright sunlight.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2020 7:51 PM

Get vision correction surgery instead if you can afford it. Contacts are a hassle but they are better than glasses.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote] I just have issues of forcing my eyes open enough so that I can penetrate them with the lenses.

When I first got contacts it took me nearly a half an hour to get them in my eyes and even after I would get them in half the time I would blink and they would go flying out. The idea of putting a finger against my eye just didn't seem possible to me. That was some 30 years ago and I am a daily contact wearer with no problems, just keep at it. I have zero problems touching my eyeball now and almost always get them in on the first try, taking them out is no problem either, just stick two fingers in the eye and squeeze the contact off the eyeball. You adjust.

by Anonymousreply 13September 21, 2020 12:13 AM

I wore contact lenses for forty years. Then my eyes started to dry out. I had to moisturize them several times during a day. It just became a nuisance, so I quit wearing them. Luckily, glass-frames became fashionable and I alternate wearing four pairs, depending on my mood. I haven't missed the contacts at all.

by Anonymousreply 14September 21, 2020 12:35 AM

I definitely need them. Otherwise, my quality of life is diminished.

by Anonymousreply 15September 21, 2020 6:43 PM

I’m nearsighted. Can anyone recommend a good multi focal brand whose prescription is just as good as progressive lenses eye glasses?

by Anonymousreply 16September 21, 2020 6:51 PM

I'm nearsighted too and love wearing contact lenses...EXCEPT I need readers to read things up close (labels, menus, etc.). It's super annoying. I have not been wearing my contacts as much since I've been working from home. I feel like I have a mask on when I'm wearing glasses in public, no matter how "stylish" they are.

by Anonymousreply 17September 21, 2020 6:57 PM

r17, you must have single vision contacts. I much prefer those because the clarity is perfect but like you, I had to carry around reading glasses. That’s why I settled for multifocal.

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2020 7:02 PM

I love them. I hate wearing glasses. Especially now where we have to wear masks everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2020 7:05 PM

I wear masks but wearing glasses with masks can be inconvenient because the glasses tend to fog up. I have to wear the mask fully covering my mouth but partially covering my nose.

by Anonymousreply 20September 21, 2020 7:13 PM

You should practice with larger lenses to loosen up your eyes first. I’d be happy to help. I could break off a couple of Beck’s bottles and grind them in your orbital sockets.

by Anonymousreply 21September 21, 2020 7:28 PM

I’m having so many problems getting mine in! I blink and I don’t like stretching the skin around my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2020 7:29 PM

R21 That was uncalled for!

by Anonymousreply 23September 21, 2020 7:31 PM

Du solltest Deine Unterschrift ändern, “Desperate German Gay Guy” würde besser zu Dir passen,

Also, you’re still fat!

by Anonymousreply 24September 21, 2020 7:37 PM

I know R23. I’m thoughtful.

by Anonymousreply 25September 21, 2020 7:39 PM

Just make sure you're putting a good amount of rinse in when you put them in your eyes. I usually put a couple of drops in my contact before I put it in. If your wearing contacts at work. Take them out at night and wear glasses. It gives your eyes a chance to rest.

by Anonymousreply 26September 21, 2020 7:59 PM

OP Bill - meine liebe Schwägerin - diese Amerikaner Herren are not wanting to listen about your health.

by Anonymousreply 27September 21, 2020 8:45 PM

OP, just gouge your eyes out and spare all of us.

by Anonymousreply 28September 22, 2020 6:18 AM

I started out terrified of putting my contacts in over a decade ago and the fear has completely subsided after enough tries. Hold your eye open with fingers from one hand and touch the contact gently to your eyeball before blinking (it might help if you try to touch the bottom part to your eye first then quickly guide the rest on, perhaps?). I know it sounds impossible, but like another poster said, it used to take me 30 minutes to put contacts in, now it takes 15 seconds. Practice! To take my contacts out, which also used to take forever, I just take one finger and pull down on the contact toward the bottom of my eye so it folds and comes off of my eye and then I can grab it safely. This was scary for a little bit but I quickly adjusted and now taking out contacts is also super easy. I know it’s hard at first but it is well worth it if you stick with it!

by Anonymousreply 29September 22, 2020 4:16 PM

Also, I use Acuvue Oasys contacts and I have no complaints. I take them out every night and put them in Biotrue. I stretch them to last two months per pair to save money since they’re one of the pricier brands.

by Anonymousreply 30September 22, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote]I wish I could find some multi-focal contact lenses with a prescription as good as my progressive lenses eyeglasses.

My multi-focal gas permeable contacts are a THOUSAND times better than my incredibly expensive glasses with progressive lenses. There's absolutely no contest whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 31September 22, 2020 4:23 PM

Try shoving them up your ass first, schwul.

by Anonymousreply 32September 22, 2020 4:42 PM

I had a boyfriend who gave me contacts for my birthday so I was more or less forced into wearing them. It just takes practice. In my case it was a little like penetration. I have a very strong protective eyeblink reaction that makes it difficult to get eyedrops or lenses into my eyes the first try, but once I realized I wasn't going to hurt myself I was able to relax and open wide.

I finally stopped wearing them because I was in a career path where I spent most of my waking hours staring into screens, which slows down your eye blinks and made wearing contacts uncomfortable. Also by then my youthful beauty was all gone and I was fine being a bespectacled geek again.

by Anonymousreply 33September 22, 2020 4:51 PM

I wear rigid (RGP) contact lenses because of an eye condition called keratoconus. Because of that condition, these contacts correct my vision better than other types of contacts...even better than glasses.

Last century, I wore those soft lenses that you threw away after a day. I loved those.

Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 34September 22, 2020 5:13 PM

Thank you for your replies, sweeties. I once made out with an Englishman from Hertfordshire and my glasses got all dirty from the kissing.

by Anonymousreply 35September 22, 2020 5:18 PM

r31, what brand are those contacts?

by Anonymousreply 36September 22, 2020 5:36 PM

I've worn Contacts for about 30 years. Make sure they fit properly so your eyes don't get tired and dried out.

NEVER NEVER NEVER (no matter what even the contact lens box claims) wear them when sleeping or showering.

by Anonymousreply 37September 22, 2020 5:44 PM

I like the CLs that can be thrown away daily--this way I don't have to worry about cleaning and disinfecting

by Anonymousreply 38September 22, 2020 5:45 PM

R36, they are Boston Multifocal gas permeables and I love them! The do take about a week to get used to, unlike soft lenses, but the quality of my vision and the ease with which I can see multi focal points is unbeatable. Plus, I don't like soft lenses because they are difficult and tedious to take care of.

by Anonymousreply 39September 22, 2020 5:59 PM

Thank you r39!

by Anonymousreply 40September 22, 2020 7:04 PM

gas permeable are supposed to be best for your eyes but they are hard contact lenses--so take a while to get used to

by Anonymousreply 41September 22, 2020 7:08 PM

Recently (well, a year or two ago) I developed multiple floaters, and lost long-distance focus and clarity. Too much screen use fucked up my sight a little, I think.

I got a prescription 6 months ago for reading glasses (sph: 1.00/0.75, cyl: 0.50, axis: 80/90), but I really don’t want glasses because they fuck with my self-confidence and look weird on my face (I have a ‘big’ oval face that is all cheeks and forehead).

Would contacts be an option? Better yet, can I correct my vision with lifestyle changes, or something?

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2020 11:44 PM

R42, you likely need reading glasses because you’re over 40. (Im making that assumption from your prescription)

In order to be able to see far and near, you would need bifocal contact lenses, which only sort of works with most people.

Generally, CL’s aren’t a great option for those who mainly just need glasses for reading

by Anonymousreply 43September 25, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote] I had a boyfriend who gave me contacts for my birthday so I was more or less forced into wearing them.

According to what I learned in my Gender Studies major in college, you were basically raped.

by Anonymousreply 44September 25, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote] you likely need reading glasses because you’re over 40. (Im making that assumption from your prescription)

R43 actually I’m 27🙈🙈🙈😂😂

Honestly I was meant to wear reading glasses as a kid, but I never did because I was getting bullied and didn’t want to add fuel to the fire. Not sure if that made matters better or worse. Thanks to said bullying I also ended up spending way too much time in my youth on computers (as an escape), in the days before anyone knew or cared about visual damage from the light they emit. Now here we are. Coping with glasses all the time would be too much for me, I think. Having them to read or to drive I can manage, though I’d rather find an alternative. Are there exercises one can do?

by Anonymousreply 45September 25, 2020 12:05 AM

GGG is now one of DL's major trolls. How can he be shut down?

by Anonymousreply 46September 25, 2020 12:36 AM

Love contacts but now is NOT the time to have to start having to hands in your eyes. Glasses, even for those who don't normally need them are being suggested right now bc of Covid, (suggesting the blue light filtering glasses for eye strain)

by Anonymousreply 47September 25, 2020 2:22 AM

It's not a good idea to put anything in your eyes. Wear sexy glasses. Looks hot when getting fucked - if and when you get around to it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 25, 2020 4:18 AM

I took my BF to get his first pair of contact lenses, many years ago, and I cringed watching his eye become so bloodshot when they were first put in. He would never allow me to see him wearing glasses, although I always knew he'd be very cute wearing them. I'm not sure why you seem to be having trouble bottoming, though. I would think you'd need to practice........

by Anonymousreply 49September 25, 2020 4:28 AM

I just came back from the optician, but they would not get in. I tried for 30 minutes to almost an hour. I am so desparate now :-( I was close though. I need contacts.

by Anonymousreply 50September 25, 2020 8:41 AM

Shush, troll. When you get to troll heaven, you can get your contacts there.

by Anonymousreply 51September 25, 2020 10:46 AM

Some eyeglasses muso...

Aaron Taylor-Johnson in specs seducing boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 25, 2020 11:41 AM

It took me thirty minutes to put my contacts in during the first few weeks. The time got shorter as I became more used to them. It takes less than ten seconds for the past couple of decades.

So, don't get frustrated. Your mind and your body will adapt with time.

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2020 1:32 AM

I agree; as impossible as it feels at first, you can get through the phobia of putting things in your eyes. I had the same extreme fear and reflex of blinking too soon and with enough practice, it completely went away. Happy contacts wearer for almost a decade!

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2020 6:03 PM

I recently ordered some colored ones in Hazel.

They don’t change the color of my eyes, but they make my eyes sparkle. I love my eye color, but sometimes you want some shine, ya know?

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2020 6:08 PM

Please die now

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2020 6:12 PM

R54 I hope I make it just as you did!

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2020 6:13 PM

R55, all colored contacts look fake as fuck. Everyone is laughing at you

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2020 6:21 PM

R58, the only person laughing at me is you.

They don’t change my eye color. I wrote this in my post, at R55.

R56, 🖕🏽

by Anonymousreply 59September 27, 2020 1:02 AM

I remember when "soft" contact lenses were first available and I had to make my own saline solution with distilled water and salt tablets. A few times I didn't add enough sodium to the mix and the damn lenses nearly glued themselves to my eyeballs.

I also had the boiler to cook the damn things nightly. We have come a long way from those early days.

As far as the OP, sticking your finger in your eye isn't a natural thing, so you might have some difficulty at first. But it doesn't take long to adapt. Pretty soon you will be an expert in the touch-and-squeeze motion you will need to master to get them out. Just remember to ALWAYS wash your hands before handling your lenses.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 60September 27, 2020 1:26 AM

I've had glasses for 25 years. I've never been able to get contacts in my eye.

by Anonymousreply 61September 27, 2020 1:29 AM

Multi focal IPL would solve everybody's issues on here. Probably cheaper in the long term also. (German lenses are the best)..

by Anonymousreply 62September 27, 2020 1:53 AM

I met a Harvard law student while I was in Boston. He wore purple contact lenses. He was bragging about himself but I didn't listen to a word of it. I was distracted by his eyes; I had never seen purple ones before.

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2020 2:43 AM

A little off topic, but didn’t Elizabeth Taylor have violet irises naturally?

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2020 3:41 AM

Only if you want to have a clearer picture of who’s rimming you at any given moment, OP.

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2020 4:01 AM

The first time I got contacts the opthalmologist recommended I put a drop of solution in each eye before wetting the contacts to insert them with a dry fingertip.

"Remember, wet attracts wet," he said.

It's true -- they seem to jump from the dry fingertip to the wet eye.

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2020 5:48 AM

They say I should throw out my soft contacts after 2 weeks, but I always go a month and have never had any problems. Anyone else do this?

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2020 4:32 PM

I’ve been wearing daily disposable multi-focal soft contact for years but these gas permeable contacts sound promising and worth trying if their multi-focal prescription is better.

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2020 6:48 PM

Gas permeable are good in theory until you try them on. There's a piece of glass in your eye. They take forever to get used to.

If they fall out, you're screwed

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2020 9:01 PM

R64 La Liz even based a perfume on her violet eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 1, 2020 12:18 PM

Good outlets to buy multifocal IPL lenses? I only have physical access to a Specsavers, and I haven’t heard great things about them.

by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2020 12:19 PM

BUMP!

by Anonymousreply 72October 6, 2020 1:46 PM

[quote]They are Boston Multifocal gas permeables and I love them! The do take about a week to get used to, unlike soft lenses, but the quality of my vision and the ease with which I can see multi focal points is unbeatable. Plus, I don't like soft lenses because they are difficult and tedious to take care of.

I wear the same lenses and love them. I have absolutely crystal clear vision at all points. Yeah, they're a bitch to get used to that first few weeks but the payoff is worth it. I was used to soft lenses and these aren't nearly that comfortable at first. At first it feels like you've got a grain of sand in your eye and my eyes watered something awful. But slowly I adapted. The multi focal vision is really spectacular. My ophthalmologist told me that gas perm lenses offer the very best vision of any contact lens available and I believe it.

The only thing I don't like is that they are quite clearly visible on my light blue eyes. They're smaller and "float" on the cornea unlike soft lenses which extend to the sclera. I've attached a photo. I have friends who are fascinated though and stare at them constantly, lol. They also magnify the sun when outside so sunglasses are a must.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2020 9:14 PM

I ‘ve worn contacts Since I was 9 years old, keep them clean and don’t use them for longer than you are supposed to and you’ll be fine. Only issue i ever had was when I tried the cool sounding sleep in them lenses, don’t sleep in your lenses, you’ll potentially get a corneal ulcer like I did.

by Anonymousreply 74November 17, 2020 9:21 PM

Do they weaken your vision over time, like glasses can?

I've heard that it's better for your vision longterm if you get vision aids a step down from the strength an optician says you need. True?

by Anonymousreply 75November 17, 2020 10:59 PM

You have beautiful eyes R73. I have dry eye syndrome and have been unable to wear gas perms or soft lenses, so my ophthalmologist is fitting me with scleral lenses. I really hope they work!

Anyone here have have scleral lenses? If so, how do you like them?

by Anonymousreply 76March 9, 2021 3:45 PM

How did those scleral lenses work out, R76? I too suffer from dry eyes and can't wear contacts. I've tried them all except too, except for the sclerals. A buddy got them and bitched about mid-day fogging. What's your experience been with them?

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2021 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!