Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lesson of the Day: Elections have consequences

So, if you thought Hillary was the same as Trump or were clutching your pearls over her emails, DON’T YOU DARE FEIGN CONCERN FOR YOUR RIGHTS

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 3:25 PM

I really don’t care, do u?

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2020 1:56 AM

Fuck off Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2020 1:58 AM

I voted for HRC.

I will vote for Biden and hope for the best.

I hope Moscow Mitch strokes out this weekend.

Kaddish for RBF:

God, full of mercy, Who dwells above, provide a sure rest on the wings of the Divine Presence, amongst the holy, pure and glorious who shine like the sky, to the soul of Ruth.

Shana tova/ happy new year! Let's make this year our best.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2020 1:58 AM

I voted for her while holding my nose.

Good job, Bernie Bros. You managed to hand over the judiciary to the extreme right.

How is that working out for your revolution, you bunch of fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2020 2:08 AM

This is the modern world, r4. People are immune to facts.

Millions of people cast votes for Donald Trump to be president of the United States. After four years of clusterfuckery, they’re ... ready to do it again.

Check and mate, my friend, check ... and mate.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2020 2:11 AM

Fuck you, third party voters

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2020 2:17 AM

I hope you are wrong r5. If that is what gets your rocks off, then give me an address, so I can come by and kick them.

This might be a way to get people to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2020 2:20 AM

By the way, there were millions of voters who voted for HRC. In fact, more than voted for trump.

Please BG, tell me you are not an idiot trump fan.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2020 2:37 AM

[quote] I hope you are wrong [R5]. If that is what gets your rocks off, then give me an address, so I can come by and kick them.

Lol what?

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2020 2:55 AM

Eat shit, Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2020 3:28 AM

Voting? Waste of my time, I'll be doing Pilates instead. Will come out to fucking protest and burn the whole country down after the election. Okay?

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2020 4:06 AM

Bernie cunts think they're so fucking pure they could never vote for her! This is their fault!

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2020 4:09 AM

I had a pleasant surprise tonight. My republican Brother in Law is voting Biden. It's more of an anti-trump vote, but I will take that.

Maybe there is hope.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2020 1:15 AM

Democrats should have come out in force in 2010, 2014 and 2016; we didn't and now we are reaping what we sowed.

The courts MUST become a major issue for Democratic voters from here on out; they always have been for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2020 2:34 AM

The real issues are nuclear proliferation ie North Korea/ Iran etc , overpopulation in third world, Chinese militarism, debt, Mexican invasion, and economic competitiveness. Abortion And gay rights are not important issues. Trump is incredibly smart and practical. It is absolutely irresponsible to go any further to the left.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2020 5:46 AM

R4 "I voted for her while holding my nose. Good job, Bernie Bros. You managed to hand over the judiciary to the extreme right. How is that working out for your revolution, you bunch of fucking idiots."

[This is a reply of mine edited, where appropriate, from another thread. This issue comes up so often that I don't need to write a wholly original post.]

Sanders supporters as a group did not give you Trump. For example, I was a Bernie supporter in the 2016 primary and a Bernie/Warren supporter in this election's primary. I also volunteered 4 nights a week for the entire post-primary election season for HILARY'S campaign. I also volunteered for every single shift of all 4 days of GOTV (get-out-the-vote). Nothing could stop me from voting blue no matter who then or now.

It is insulting and divisive that many posters here are still inaccurately and derisively tarring and feathering "Bernie Bros" for the voting patterns of a minority of Sanders supporters.

From the Washington Post article that I'm linking to below, "Two surveys estimate that 12 percent of Sanders voters voted for Trump. A third survey suggests it was 6 percent." These people were not at all typical of Sanders supporters as a group, obviously.

But by all means, continue kicking sand in our faces when we should be uniting. You know who loves divisive in-fighting between center-left moderates and progressives during general elections? Republicans.

I'm literally counting the days until I get my hands on my ballot to cast it for Biden and democrats up-and-down the ballot. You can keep on unjustly insulting all progressives as a group and painting us all as traitors to liberalism and embittered saboteurs. It won't affect my vote for Biden.

How would you like it someone characterized all gay men according to the beliefs and behaviors of log cabin republicans--a minority of gay men? I imagine that you wouldn't like it one bit. For good reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2020 5:51 AM

[quote] It is insulting and divisive that many posters here are still inaccurately and derisively tarring and feathering "Bernie Bros" for the voting patterns of a minority of Sanders supporters.

If you supported Bernie but turned out for Hillary, you are absolutely not the type of bernbot we are talking about. We are talking about the Bros — “it’s Bernie or we burn it down.” It wasn’t, and they did. And here we are.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2020 5:57 AM

R17

I didn't just support Bernie in the primaries and then "turn out" for Hilary. I spent literally thousands of hours doing volunteer data entry for one of her campaign offices in the swing state of MI. I have a photo of myself with Hilary's husband from his stop in Lansing, Michigan during GOTV where I have scary zombie-like dark circles under my eyes from doing every single GOTV shift.

I, legitimately, take issue with posters blaming Trump's presidency on "the far left", "progressives", "Bernie Bros", or whatever descriptor is used. Whenever a group of supporters of a primary election candidate doesn't get their preferred candidate nominated, some small percentage of those supporters chooses to not vote in the general election, some small percentage does a 'write-in', some small percentage votes third-party, some small percentage votes for the opposition out-of-spite. Regardless, most go on to vote in the general election for the candidate who best reflects their views.

Many posters on this board just generally insult progressives, Bernie supporters, etc., laying blame for Trump's election on the behavior of a minority of progressives or "Bernie Bros".

Don't lump me or others like me in with a minority of vengeance-voters who supported Sanders and had atypical 'issues' leading to irresponsible voting. Around 30-40% of the paid campaign staff at my local Clinton campaign office had voted for Sanders in the primary. And regardless, I witnessed them working their butts off for low pay.

Progressives as a whole should not be tarred with the same brush as somehow reflective of a burn-it-all down vengeful minority statistical OUTLIER among us. That's all I ask.

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2020 7:11 AM

Ok r18, you are NOT Susan Sarandon, happy now?

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2020 7:13 AM

Ooze at R16/R18, thank you for all you did and are doing.

However, you are not the average Bernie Bros or Progressive. You are the atypical of both.

The percentage of third party voters in states where Hilary lost, were the typicals, and of whom we speak. Had THOSE Bros/progressives been more like you, we would not be where we are today.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2020 8:05 AM

Bernie voters warned the Hillary supporters that nominating her would have negative consequences. They were right.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2020 9:11 AM

3.5 million MORE people voted for Hillary Clinton than voted for Donald Trump. That ain't chump change of voters. There is some evidence that up to 100,00 voters in Wisconsin were disenfranchised, either by last minute changes in precincts, voter harassment by police, throwing out of provisional ballots, etc, and up to 100,000 voters in Detroit had votes lost due to malfunctioning voting machines. Those were not "accidental" issues. They were planned and executed by Republicans in charge of voting in those states. Trump's narrow win in Pennsylvania remains a mystery. Florida's vote totals in 2016 were highly suspect, did not match election day voter polls, and affected not only the presidential race but the senate race as well. What I'm saying is that Trump's win was illegitimate, but it was so unexpected that Dems were unprepared to ask for the necessary recounts in a timely fashion. Moreover, our recount system is seriously flawed and hampered in some states by machines that don't produce or save paper receipts of votes, meaning that a tally is just the number stored in the computer - a very hackable system. This has been pointed out for the past 20 years, but somehow money is NEVER available to replace such computer voting systems. Gee, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2020 9:23 AM

Biden has no chance against the Chinese or Russians.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2020 12:53 PM

Goddamn. It's Clinton's own fault she lost. She ignored the states she needed against the advice of her husband, the ex-president. If you ignore the advice of an EX-PRESIDENT you will lose. It's Ginsberg's own fault she didn't retire when Obama asked her to, an 80-year old woman who fought cancer twice at the time. If you OP are gonna blame voters for these womens' shitty decisions then YOU are the reason voters will reject us AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2020 1:03 PM

I was too busy to vote in 2016.

But I had all the time in the world to knit a pink cap and protest the winner.

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2020 1:05 PM

R15, in that list of real issues you forget to mention our current pandemic. You know the one our smart and practical President has handled so well.

I'm tired of blaming fellow Democrats for anything. I want Dems to take over Presidency, Congress, state legislatures, etc. so we can fight back against the right wing SC we will have for years.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2020 1:09 PM

Hillary is so yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2020 1:51 PM

Good read from 538 today. Translation: Unless Constitution is changed in how justices are selected (unlikely) and since alot of Repugs are one issue voters (a generalization perhaps), Democrats have to work even harder to have impact on idealogical leaning of Supreme Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2020 2:18 PM

R20 "However, you are not the average Bernie Bros or Progressive. You are the atypical of both. The percentage of third party voters in states where Hilary lost, were the typicals, and of whom we speak. Had THOSE Bros/progressives been more like you, we would not be where we are today."

The Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES) found that 74.3% of Sanders supporters went on to vote FOR Hilary in the general election. An ABC News/Washington Post poll reported that 82% of Sanders' primary voters went on to vote FOR Hilary in the general election.

The blame and vitriol directed at progressives/Sanders supporters on this board for Hilary's 2016 loss is misdirected, counter-productive to where we find ourselves, and simply wrong.

I am, right here, bringing receipts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2020 11:51 PM

Trump is left wing. All the candidate s are left wing nuts so election s mean nothing. Ginsburg dying means a lot less murder. The thing about Trump is that he squeezes every penny of efficiency out of a situation and he is pragmatic. He worries about nuclear proliferation, fir example.

by Anonymousreply 30September 21, 2020 1:38 AM

"Ginsburg dying means a lot less murder."

Nah, Trump will still continue to murder thousands of people

by Anonymousreply 31September 21, 2020 1:57 AM

We need Trump to fend off China and keep the economy blistering along. Biden would bring war,terrorism,open borders, blm etc

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2020 3:15 PM

It's true. It's true R8/R22. More people voted for Clinton than Dump.

But the American electoral college voting system doesn't work that way so what's the point in even bringing it up. The voting system needs to be changed.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2020 3:29 PM

Trump is fat and ugly but we are not choosing a sex partner.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 3:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!