Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

White House abandoned plan to send 650 million face masks across the U.S. in April, report says

The U.S. Postal Service had drafted a press release announcing plans to send 650 million masks across the U.S. early in the coronavirus crisis, but the plan was abandoned, The Washington Post first reported.

In April, Postal Service leaders drafted an announcement saying the USPS would deliver five reusable face masks to every residence and post office box in the country.

The White House ultimately canceled the program, senior administration officials told the Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2020 6:14 AM

There really is no bottom to being a Trump supporter. How in the hell do you defend this pile of demonic shit?

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2020 1:17 AM

Who can take 4 more years of this? The deplorables are worse off than ever. They are living in tent cities and have zero job prospects.

Meanwhile, the hedge funds, Silicon Valley, and republican leadership are more prosperous than ever.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2020 1:22 AM

Deplorables need to connect the dots ^

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2020 1:22 AM

Only libtard pussies use masks. The rest of us don't need no damn masks.

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2020 1:25 AM

Federal Judge blocks USPS changes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2020 1:31 AM

^Awesome, but is it too late to repair the damage?

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2020 1:33 AM

This is unbelievable. I think this story has legs. This seems to me like a CLEAR line between "stupid white house political nonsense" and "people are dead." Remember, in april, there WERE no masks! People were sewing their own, VERY inferior (but still something) face masks or just going without. This would have actually, directly, demonstrably saved lives. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2020 1:35 AM

I don't know, R6. I mailed my rent payment on Monday, 8/31. I took it directly to the post office. The check didn't arrive until Saturday, 9/6.

5 days to go 15 miles.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2020 1:36 AM

R8, I know. I had to make a payment to a doctor. They had sent a bill and I had to pay with check or cc via mail. They had no online option. I actually went to the office to make an in-person payment but they told me they couldn't take it because they go directly through a billing service. I told them it was ridiculous they didn't have an online option especially with the mail situation being what it was. The woman said she'd been telling them to set up an online option. She ended up giving me a phone number to make a direct payment instead of mailing it. I never used to worry about such things. Amazing how it took Trump only four years to destroy an institution that's been around for over 200.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2020 2:03 AM

This is another outrage that is beyond comprehension. When is this going to end.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2020 2:42 AM

Either Trump admin has to end, or the United States. Take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2020 3:38 AM

The USPS needs to focus on delivering mail correctly and within promised time frames. They can barely deliver what little mail they receive.

Leave the distribution of medical supplies to medical distributors.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2020 4:47 AM

No, R12, the USPS needs to focus on delivering mail without political interference. They did an amazing job delivering the mail until the Republicans tried to hobble the post office with burdensome regulation (I know, a bugaboo word, but in this case, it actually was a burden: pre-funding retirement accounts for employees who were not yet born. That's right, the Republicans under Paul Ryan passed a bill that requires the Post Office to deposit $5 Billion — with a 'B' — every year, for pensions that won't be taken for 65 years.) and somehow, it survived, until Trump put DeJoy in with a sledgehammer to wreck it completely. Oh, did I mention that DeJoy has a $30 million investment in post office competitors?

Leave the Post Office to professionals and we won't have to worry about medical supplies, First Class letters, Amazon packages, Social Security checks, and all the rest that the Postal Service does without fail.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2020 4:59 AM

Trump never does the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2020 6:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!