Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thinking about Death

Got an email today from a friend who's concerned that he's been thinking about his death recently. Didn't go into details, but I know he has no physical problems. I suspect the last six months of staying home, with all of the gloom and doom we hear contributes to his negative feelings. Any ideas on how he can cope with these thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2020 12:44 AM

Is your friend in a position to help someone in need? A human, an animal, a tree? Doing something selfless and kind is the most life-affirming action I know, and I have suffered from clinical depression for 20 years.

Even buying a plant and taking care if it works. Especially if it's a plant that bears fruit. The pride and joy you get from that first tomato or hemp leaf is incomparable.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 11:55 PM

This R1 is the worst R1 in the history of the DL.

It's understandable why the depression has lasted 20 years if this is what modern medicine has contributed to what would be a biologically based disorder requiring treatments other than the golden rule (as the mothers and fathers who have committed suicide despite have their children need them demonstrate), but that's quite a separate issue from someone posting who is oblivious to the responsibilities of leaping into the R1 position and offering such advice.

The correct answer is, "Can I have his stuff, if you haven't called dibs, OP?"

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2020 12:10 AM

Switzerland

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2020 12:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!