Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Prince Harry's "Divorce" From the Royals Seems "Final," Insiders Say

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have wasted no time making themselves feel at home in California since moving to the States in July. Between snapping up a sprawling $14 million estate in Santa Barbara and inking a production deal with Netflix rumored to be worth $150 million, the couple has made it clear they're in the U.S. to stay. But according to a former friend of Princess Diana's, it's what Harry and Meghan did immediately after signing with Netflix that signaled their "divorce" from the royal family may be, in effect, final: paying off their royal debts.

In a column for the Daily Mail, Diana confidant Richard Kay wrote that he believes Harry and Meghan's decision to repay the £2.4 million of public money used to renovate Frogmore Cottage, the home in Windsor given to the couple by Queen Elizabeth, is "highly significant" for one reason in particular: They opted to repay the debt in one lump sum. They previously offered to return the money at the rate of £18,000 a month (which would have taken 11 years), as outlined in the Sussexes' final exit agreement approved by the Queen.

But, according to Kay, the debt was weighing heavily on Harry in his desire to distance himself from royal life. "For more than a year, it has been the millstone around Prince Harry's neck, a gold‑plated slice of taxpayers' largesse that reeked of privilege and entitlement," he wrote. "To Harry and Meghan, the £2.4 million of public money—our money—that was lavished on renovating Frogmore Cottage, only for it to be shuttered and abandoned along with the rest of their royal lives, represented something far more intrinsic."

Kay, who was one of the last people Diana spoke to the night she died, said Harry saw the debt "as a chain that shackled them to the land of his birth, inhibiting their efforts to be truly free of the royal family and—crucially—of their media critics."

The royal columnist has been critical of Harry and Meghan's actions since the couple announced their intentions to step away from their senior royal roles. Kay had previously written that, because the couple was "bent on re-writing the rule book of what being a member of the royal family actually means," from the moment they married there was a "disconnect." He cited, among other things, their "secrecy" over their son's birth, and, in the case of the money spent renovating Frogmore Cottage, Kay said Harry and Meghan don't see it as "a loan from a generous nation pleased to be helping this young royal couple find its feet after their joyful wedding, but rather a stick with which to beat them."

Following the announcement that Harry and Meghan had repaid the debt on Frogmore Cottage in full, it was revealed that the couple would no longer be receiving financial support from Prince Charles. In Kay's view, Harry and Meghan severing all financial ties to the royal family is a "signal that their divorce from Britain is permanent, while removing any pretense that they might still have a future role in the royal family."

A Palace source told Kay that the complete repayment of the money spent on Frogmore's renovation came "as something of a surprise" and may have been done because Harry has been "irritated by the criticism that the deal has led to of his finances. No one really knows." The insider added, "But if he thinks that it will make him immune from public and media scrutiny, he is misguided."

A spokesman for the couple confirmed the prince had fully repaid the debt saying, "A contribution has been made to the Sovereign Grant by the Duke of Sussex. This contribution as originally offered by Prince Harry has fully covered the necessary renovation costs of Frogmore Cottage, a property of Her Majesty the Queen, and will remain the U.K. residence of the duke and his family." Harry and Meghan will now reportedly pay an undisclosed commercial rent on the property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21412 hours ago

Another Palace insider told me that, despite Harry's desire for independence, his ties to the royal family are not so easily severed. "While Harry may believe he is finally free and has escaped his increasingly vocal critics by being financially independent, he is still a member of the royal family, which remains the strongest tie there is to Her Majesty, the Queen, and this country," my source said. "As such, his actions will always be viewed through that lens." And for more on Meghan and Harry's new life, check out The Stunning Details on Harry and Meghan's $14.7 Million California Home.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 1:45 PM

It's starting to sound now like the Royals want Harry back, more than he does.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 1:46 PM

good to go

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 1:47 PM

He must have taken his Netflix advance and paid his bills. Smart.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 1:48 PM

I agree, R4.

Meghan really is good for him, despite the criticism.

She's forcing him to be on his own and self-sufficient, which is something that most Royals refuse to (and cannot) do.

It was a difficult separation from his family, but maybe he'll be better off for it.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 1:49 PM

Harry, it's not too late to do a nude photo shoot. We know you are the badass of the Royal Family, so going spreadeagle would solidify the support of your fans.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 1:50 PM

They’ll blow thru that Netflix money. Just watch

by Anonymousreply 7Last Wednesday at 1:51 PM

Them? Pay back?

I'll believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 1:56 PM

[quote] Why Prince Harry's "Divorce" From the Royals Seems "Final,"

This is why

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9Last Wednesday at 1:56 PM

Is Frogmore just sitting empty or is it being rented out? Before it was gifted to Haz, servants lived there. So they were thrown out for nought?

by Anonymousreply 10Last Wednesday at 2:00 PM

It's a tax dodge. He "Made a contribution" to an entity which is taxpayer-funded (the SG) and so will get that amount off his tax bill. Essentially forcing the taxpayer to pay off his debt to that same taxpayer. He did it this year because his tax bill this year is going to be high enough to make a 2.4 million write off fully usable to him.

It has nothing to do with his feelings except it shows, yet again, his contempt for the people of Britain and their many gifts to him over the course of his life.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Wednesday at 2:01 PM

I'm surprised he got Meghan to agree to it. Maybe it was a tradeoff: she got plastic surgery, he pays off the house.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 2:03 PM

I'm just waiting for him to start doing crossfit. Now that he's a Cali boy he's gotta get those glutes and pecs juiced up.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Wednesday at 2:10 PM

Poor R7, R8, R11.

So jealous that Harry is doing so well.

Not only did he get to break free of the Royal Prison Bonds, but he also got to move to the US which is where he wanted to be, AND he gets to live in a mansion that he and his wife bought and PAID for, AND he's $150,000,000 richer now.

But keep on hating on Harry and Meghan.

Meanwhile, they're laughing all the way to the bank!

Jealous cunts.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Wednesday at 2:12 PM

Yeah, it's all jealousy, R14. Because that's the natural reaction one has when watching grifters get away with theft.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Wednesday at 2:14 PM

Go ahead and explain how H&M are grifters and thieves, R15.

Show your work, provide references, and all relevant links and articles.

Of course you won't be able to. Filthy slanderous cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Wednesday at 2:17 PM

Somebody at r14 doesn't understand how options deals work. Unsurprising since everything else in their post is equally uninformed and deluded.

Why are Megstans always, always so psychotic?

by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 2:18 PM

J'adore r9.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Wednesday at 2:18 PM

[quote] Not only did he get to break free of the Royal Prison Bonds, but he also got to move to the US which is where he wanted to be, AND he gets to live in a mansion that he and his wife bought and PAID for, AND he's $150,000,000 richer now.

Kate must be hating her life right now.

She has to beg and grovel for every little thing she gets, she had to pump out three brats, she has to attend these boring and stuffy functions that she hates, and she has to put up with a philandering husband.

And at the end of the day, NONE of that money is hers!

Meanwhile, Harry and Meghan are free and clear to do whatever they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Wednesday at 2:19 PM

Who are we to judge, we haven't had his life

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 2:26 PM

They’ll take him back when his divorce from Meghan is final.

I can’t believe that people don’t see where this thing is headed. You’ve never had a friend lost his balls like Harry has? And then the woman dumps him. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Wednesday at 3:07 PM

[quote]They’ll take him back when his divorce from Meghan is final.

I don't think he himself wants to go back.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Wednesday at 3:17 PM

He couldn't go back even if he wanted to - the British public loathe him - and especially while that 2.4 million was still owed to the taxpayer. He is persona non grata in the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 3:25 PM

I don’t understand the economics of that Netflix deal. Did they really earn that much money? What content could they produce that would be worth that amount?

by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 3:32 PM

R16, I too want to know how H&M are any more of a grifter than any of the other "royal" moochers. All of them need to get off their ass and actually support themselves which none of them do. I hardly call showing up as the guest at a fundraiser work.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 3:39 PM

The number hasn't been confirmed by anyone officially connected to it, r24, so the 150m number is like inflated by Meghan lapdog Omid Scobie, who I believe was the original source of the claim.

Options deals are a right of first refusal, and in return a contractual commitment to pay x amount if the project Meghan and Harry bring to Netflix are accepted by Netflix. So the $150 would not be cash handed over by Netflix, but instead represents the scope of what the Harkles would end up being paid if every single one of their productions is picked up by Netflix. So, for example if they bring Netflix a Diana documentary (and I'm sure they will), then they'd get paid a chunk. If the next thing they bring is rejected, then they get nothing for that one, and on and on for the number of years specified in the contract.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 3:40 PM

R24, we do not actually know what they stand to be paid by Netflix or what they will be doing.

R25, if you do not have to support yourself, why would you? Wealthy people, people with the right ancestors, usually don’t work. Slaving away in an office is highly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 3:45 PM

And the lawsuit from Netflix for breach of promise comes "3....2...1..."

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 3:46 PM

[quote] the British public loathe him - and especially while that 2.4 million was still owed to the taxpayer. He is persona non grata in the extreme.

Clearly, you're illiterate.

The article makes it clear that the money was PAID BACK IN FULL.

But of course, that doesn't fit your little narrative about Harry and Meghan.

Stupid cunt.

Get the fuck over it, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 3:46 PM

Learn to read, r29. I said "WAS owed", not "IS owed".

You Megstans are not only psychotic and delusional, but illiterate as well.

Figures.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 3:51 PM

And you, R30, are irrational, psychotic, and jealous.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Wednesday at 3:55 PM

Is Frogmore just sitting empty or is it being rented out?

It's still Harry & Meghan's home in Britain and they are paying rent on the property. It's their's to do with as they wish. I'm quite sure they're paying for it to be maintained. It's not like they're never going to go back to Britain for visits.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Wednesday at 3:57 PM

Anyone who says the US ins't still umbilically tied to Britain and the Queen is blowing smoke out of their own arse. But, that's a good thing relative to all the destructive things they could be wrapped up in.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Wednesday at 4:18 PM

R32 - one of Andres's daoughters is living there - I can't remember if it is Beatrice or Eugenie.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Wednesday at 4:20 PM

Does anyone have a pic of their new home in Santa Barbara?

by Anonymousreply 35Last Wednesday at 4:21 PM

No, r34 Eugenie is living at Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace, which was where Harry and Meghan lived before Frogmore. Beatrice and Edo are at the palace apartment the sisters shared before they got married.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Wednesday at 4:33 PM

[quote]What content could they produce that would be worth that amount?

A documentary about Diana, the People's Princess. That is the only reason Netflix signed them.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Wednesday at 4:58 PM

[quote] What content could they produce that would be worth that amount?

Meghan's take on BLM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38Last Wednesday at 5:07 PM

I'm really happy for Harry and Meghan.

They're doing exactly what they set out to do.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Wednesday at 5:31 PM

[quote] Following the announcement that Harry and Meghan had repaid the debt on Frogmore Cottage in full, it was revealed that the couple would no longer be receiving financial support from Prince Charles.

Of course, the racist Brits are mad about anything Harry and Meghan do

The brits sit around and think of Meghan and Harry all day long. It's really just black Meg they think (obsess) about. Harry's really just an afterthought.

Any article on British websites will always have a comment about them. Even though the article isn't about them at all. The Sussex haters are just like trump and how he regards Obama

by Anonymousreply 40Last Wednesday at 5:37 PM

No, R40, they're just so easy to hate!

And so much fun!!

by Anonymousreply 41Last Wednesday at 5:39 PM

Exactly, R40.

The British media is obsessed with Meghan and her race and her success, the way that Trump is obsessed with Obama.

Fucking losers, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Wednesday at 5:39 PM

[quote] Another Palace insider told me that, despite Harry's desire for independence, his ties to the royal family are not so easily severed. "While Harry may believe he is finally free

Dear England,

slavery ended a few centuries ago

by Anonymousreply 43Last Wednesday at 5:40 PM

More power to Harry and Meghan. Harry is Diana's son and is doing what Diana didnt get a chance to do, tell the royal family to fuck off and move to America!

by Anonymousreply 44Last Wednesday at 5:43 PM

[quote] Harry is Diana's son and is doing what Diana didnt get a chance to do,

Harry wants to drive all the way through a tunnel ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45Last Wednesday at 5:49 PM

Harry completed the same path his mother took.

Harry also took the same path that the Duke of Windsor took.

I wonder if The Princess Royal is wistful of a path not taken by a remaindered Windsor.

Cutting ribbons at Tesco's must have Anne enthralled.

More power to Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Wednesday at 5:56 PM

[quote] The brits sit around and think of Meghan and Harry all day long. It's really just black Meg they think (obsess) about. Harry's really just an afterthought.

I think it's more that the Brits think Meghan stole their boyish, rogue Prince away from them. The British public adopted Harry when he became motherless and they feel they need to protect him. And let's be honest, the only thing the Royal Family has going for it is Harry and Princess Michael of Kent.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 5:58 PM

R46, Anne has spectacular real estate, an amazing wardrobe, and, reputedly, a past full of male companionship. She's fine.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Wednesday at 5:59 PM

[quote] But according to a former friend of Princess Diana's, it's what Harry and Meghan did immediately after signing with Netflix that signaled their "divorce" from the royal family may be, in effect, final: [bold]asking his father Prince Charles to pay[/bold] off their royal debts.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 49Last Wednesday at 6:00 PM

Sunshine Sucks is on the offensive again today. It's sad, actually.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Wednesday at 6:00 PM

[quote] Who are we to judge, we haven't had his life

You seem to be on the wrong web forum.

You must have taken a wrong turn back at Albuquerque.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Wednesday at 6:01 PM

I love to hate on Meghan and love to hate Meghan, but I have to give a bitch her due. Within 3 years she married a prince, broke away from the BRF, lives in a 15M house in Montecito and now has a 150M deal w/ Netflix (whatever the arrangement is). She played the game flawlessly. Grifter, whore, brilliant - whatever you want to call it, she did exactly what she set out to do. Well done Meghan, you did it. Harry is just along for the ride and his connections, but it sounds like Harry also set out to do what he wanted to do. He's living the life Diana couldn't. The jealousy is real on these threads.

R19 - Kate is fine doing her thing as well. I think she actually likes her role and she's going to be Queen (yes, consort, but still Queen) and she'll be the King Mother one day. She really is perfect for this role and Meghan is perfect for hers. I hope Meghan does pull some antics, because it will get boring if everything is too peaceful around the palace.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Wednesday at 6:01 PM

A former friend of Diana's? Like she has current friends? Not likely where she's living.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Wednesday at 6:02 PM

[quote]she'll be the King Mother one day

Oh, we'll see about that. She might be the Queen's Mother! I mean, Granny didn't go to all that trouble to change the law so that poufter boy could take the reigns.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Wednesday at 6:04 PM

I had the interesting experience of working as assistant to one of the editors (yes, there are more than one) of the recent HQ release "Finding Freedom". I thought you guys - especially the Crown sympathizers, like r15 - might like to know that while the British Royal Family does occasionally come across rather poorly in the book, there were also definitely bits that, while verified to be true by numerous sources, were in the end kept from the finished draft. This was done mostly at the behest of one of our senior editors, who in addition to being quite old is also conservative.

For instance, it was left out that one of the main reasons Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the U.K. is the noxious stench that fires from QEII's practically decomposing cunt. There is absolutely no way to remove it (the smell) from any room she's entered. This is one reason Miss Markle wanted to use air fresheners in St. George's Chapel at Windsor the day of her wedding. The Prince had warned Markle what it was like to live with this fetid, all-pervading stink but she had no idea it could be so bad. Ultimately, she felt it was best to raise her child away from the toxic reek, which court doctors still do not understand.

Anyway, ask me any questions if you like. My contract with the publisher's up.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Wednesday at 6:11 PM

Poor R49 is so furious at Harry and Meghan's success that the poor troll has to make up fake news to satisfy her anger!

[quote] I love to hate on Meghan and love to hate Meghan, but I have to give a bitch her due. Within 3 years she married a prince, broke away from the BRF, lives in a 15M house in Montecito and now has a 150M deal w/ Netflix (whatever the arrangement is). She played the game flawlessly.

Sometimes a strong woman is what a weak man needs.

People criticize Meghan for being a cold, hard bitch. But Harry would have been a 35 year old child without her.

Now he has a wife, a son, his own home, and his own money. It really could not have worked out better for him.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Wednesday at 6:12 PM

The money paid back to the Crown was not for [italic]owning[/italic] Frogmore Cottage but was rather for [italic]renovating[/italic] Frogmore Cottage. they wouldn't have had to pay it back at all in most circumstances, but since the newspapers reported in great detail how costly the renovations were for a house they basically never lived in, they would have looked like grifters in the public eye had they never done any work for the Crown to pay for it. So they were basically forced to pay it back.

I still doubt they paid for it out of their own monies--Charles probably gave them quite a big loan to pay it back. But even so, they're much better off both psychologically and in terms of PR paying him back personally than taking years to pay back the Crown. The expectations on them from the UK are much less now (though they still are pretty well hated by the press).

I do expect Harry (if not Meghan) will come back to the UK for visits. His grandparents will probably not leave the UK ever again, so he will have to come back to see them (even secretly) before they die, and he has said he loves them greatly. And he will of course have to come back for their funerals and for his father's coronation. He is still very close with his father, so I will expect he will also fly back to see him, and Charles will fly to California to see Harry and Meghan and Archie.

Beyond that, there's also the question whether he will ever reconcile with his brother. When his grandparents and Charles go, he will have to figure out whether he wants to be close again, as will William.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Wednesday at 6:14 PM

Yeah, it's great to be a narcissist's dumb supply! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 6:14 PM

Why do Meghan fans always talk about racist comments when there have been zero racist comments about her race, r42?

by Anonymousreply 59Last Wednesday at 6:26 PM

[quote] Why do Meghan fans always talk about racist comments when there have been zero racist comments about her race, R42?

As is always the case with racist cowards, they have to hide behind little loopholes like "we've made zero racist comments," knowing full well that their INTENTIONS are racist.

How fucking stupid do you think we are?

Americans know full well how this little game is played.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Wednesday at 6:31 PM

The lockdown on racist statements will continue until Philip dies.

Most people will agree that Philip has been the most racist member of the RF.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 6:46 PM

Harry is 6 or 7th in line and wants his own life. Harry, Charles, and William have all said at one point or another how much they didn’t want the responsibility of being on the throne Harry saw an out and took it. Whether Meagan is a bitch, a grifter, or whatever is irrelevant. They might stay married or divorce he always wanted out and he will just live like regular insanely rich folk he plays polo with who can eat avacados and fly in private jets in peace without having to answer to the British Press. Much better than ending up like Andrew or Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 6:50 PM

"it was revealed that the couple would no longer be receiving financial support from Prince Charles."

Does anyone here believe that? Anywaone? Show of hands?

[Crickets]

by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 7:02 PM

There's no way Meg and Harry aren't receiving some sort of support from Charles, probably in the form of expensive high-level security and maybe some "arrangement" has been made to cover the mortgage of that huge pile.

The fact is, that Netflix hasn't actually given them $150 mil, they've given them a few million in seed money, and that money is supposed to be spent on producing whatever filmed content they're going to produce. If they're spending that money on mansions and paying off debts, instead of actually filming something someone wants to watch, then it's not only going to dry up, they aren't going to get any more production deals offered if they don't deliver. Honestly, from here, their finances look like a mess - they're spending millinos before they earn squat.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 7:19 PM

R55, that wasn't funny the first ten times you posted it, let alone now

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 7:41 PM

I honestly don't mind how they earn their own living as long as they leave public funds alone. If Netflix wants to pay them that amount of money to make content and if people want to watch that content, good for them. It's a fair way to make a living. Much fairer than taking taxpayer money and doing nothing in return.

Meghan seems like she'd be exhausting to be around, and Harry is clearly spoiled and dim, but they've done well for themselves so far. If they pay their own way, they have a right to live how they like.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Wednesday at 8:00 PM

They intend to exploit Diana to make millions? That's the only reason Netflix is even bothering with them? According to Smeg, she was Hollywood royalty before Harry. Surely Netflix will pay her billions for a MM stand alone documentary. Billions!!!

by Anonymousreply 67Last Wednesday at 8:03 PM

There have already been several documentaries about Diana in the past few years. I don't think Harry has anything new to offer unless he plans to just spend an hour telling unknown stories about his childhood. But that wouldn't really promote his much-wanted privacy.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 9:29 PM

R60 no, sorry. You need to check your own racism since you reduce and judge Meghan by the color of her skin, instead of her behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 11:57 PM

R60 None of your points hold any truth, as the comments on the Daily Mail for example regarding other non-white, non-British people aren't hateful. It has to do with Meghan, not the color of her skin. Your argument is weak and ridiculous, and very racist.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Thursday at 12:03 AM

If I was to "judge Meghan by the color of her skin" I'd forbid her from entry into my premises since we have sworn to enforce the rules against Canadians polluting our hallways.; at lest until they come clean and admit that round meat is NOT bacon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71Last Thursday at 12:56 AM

Go on now go... walk out the door, don't turn around now cause you're not welcome anymore....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72Last Thursday at 1:36 AM

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Thursday at 1:52 AM

r43 It didn't really end. It just went underground.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Thursday at 2:26 AM

Will Harry get plastic surgery now?

by Anonymousreply 75Last Thursday at 2:34 AM

Most importantly, what does Thomas Markle have to say about all of this?

by Anonymousreply 76Last Thursday at 2:34 AM

Love them both.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Thursday at 2:37 AM

I can't stand either of them.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Thursday at 2:39 AM

If Harry and Meghan were truly happy they, and their flying monkeys, wouldn't waste so much time trashing Britain and the royal family. It comes across as sour grapes.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Thursday at 2:42 AM

R69 and R70 sound exactly like Donald Trump, when he's trying to not sound racist. Even though everyone knows that he is.

Rofl.

EXACTLY like Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Thursday at 2:55 AM

My favorite thing about Harry and Meghan threads are the cleaners. They truly know how to stick to their scripts.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Thursday at 3:17 AM

R80 Well I pity your low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 3:23 AM

"You sound like Trump" is going to be the new "You're as bad as Hitler" -- an insult people go to when they don't have any other argument.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 3:38 AM

R80: Not Trumpian at all: nothing Donald Trump says is true.

What R69/R70 says is true.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 3:40 AM

If anything, the British criticism might rather be fueled by a contempt for phony Americans.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Thursday at 3:51 AM

Insincerity and grifting is hardly limited to the residents of any one country, R85.

Her sugars need to blame all criticism of her on racism and to label all her critics racist does far more to discredit them *and her* than it does anyone who finds the two of them shallow, grasping narcissists with an amazing ability to always find the target as they shoot themselves in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Thursday at 4:46 AM

I like that when Charles said he wanted to downsize the monarchy, that Harry said, "Cool, I'm outta here!"

Betty and Phil, and their crotchd-roppings, Wills and Kate and their crotch-droppings.

Done.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Thursday at 4:51 AM

[quote]Go ahead and explain how H&M are grifters and thieves

Oh honey, never ask a troll to do more trolling.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Thursday at 4:57 AM

[quote]the comments on the Daily Mail for example regarding other non-white, non-British people aren't hateful

Girl what

by Anonymousreply 89Last Thursday at 4:57 AM

[quote]She's forcing him to be on his own and self-sufficient, which is something that most Royals refuse to (and cannot) do.

LOL - the ONLY reason he matters and that anyone cares at all about him is that he's Diana's son and grandson of the Queen.

Nothing he ever does for the rest of his life will counter the fact that his celebrity and, subsequently, his wealth are intrinsically tied to his birth as a royal.

His birth is literally his only talent, one for which he cannot even take credit.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Thursday at 4:59 AM

I don't understand why so many posters assume that criticism of Meghan must be racist? I'm sure some of it is - there probably are people who aren't thrilled about a biracial woman marrying into the BRF - but that doesn't mean it all is. Is there anyone in the world who could contribute to a book as ridiculous as Finding Freedom and NOT get mocked mercilessly by the DL? Beyonce is darker-skinned than Meghan, but the many posters here who dislike her don't tend to be automatically accused of racism.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Thursday at 5:07 AM

"Beyonce is darker-skinned than Meghan, but the many posters here who dislike her don't tend to be automatically accused of racism."

Beyonce isn't paying anyone to trash people who don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Thursday at 5:13 AM

The issue is her hypocrisy and phoniness, not the color of her skin.

Yes the other royals also live off tax payer money, but they have a constitutional job! They represent the government, the state, and the country of the UK. It might not be modern but that’s the form of representation that the people and the parliament of the UK support democratically.

Republicans in the UK aren’t suppressed, they just don’t get any votes.

When Will and Kate do cutesy pseudo-charity jobs for 10min photo ops, they don’t do it to self-aggrandize, they do it because a royal office which works in conjunction with the government of the UK organized this as part of official UK government PR. It’s literally their job.

When Harry and Meghan do it privately it’s fake and phony.

They absolutely did not want out of royal life. She could have said before the royal wedding and becoming a royal duchess that she’s taking Harry with her to the US to live a private life. People would have applauded them.

But Meghan absolutely wanted to be "ranked, not linked".

The contrast between her actions and her words is what pisses people off.

People like r40 only hear her words and are blinded by their own racism. They are dumb as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Thursday at 6:37 AM

Agreeing to become a royal duchess means agreeing to do a constitutional job, like signing a work contract.

You can’t then just have it your way, be your own boss, and go against your employer.

Many many British people also hate on Fergie and Camilla, but I don’t see any "dark" skin color involved there.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Thursday at 6:43 AM

R89 I welcome you to prove your point. Please do.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Thursday at 6:49 AM

I was hoping that Harry and Megs would go away and just be quiet. I guess not..

by Anonymousreply 96Last Thursday at 6:51 AM

R60 there are many sites which allow comments where there are obvious racist remarks, for example about BLM and looting. Comments about jungles, about monkeys, about "why do blacks always..."

Those are racist comments.

Comments about Meghan and also Harry are always about their hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Thursday at 6:54 AM

The "we want our privacy so we are leaving" claim would have worked if they walked away and were private. A few odd shots of them would have been all that was seen.

When you bring your own photographer to a charity event - that is not seeking privacy.

Giving online speeches (like that uninvited talk to her old high school) is not seeking privacy.

Participating in the publishing of a book called "Finding Freedom" (in whatever fashion they were a part of it or encouraged it) is not seeking privacy.

It's the hypocrisy on so many levels that makes them a target of jeers.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Thursday at 7:06 AM

OMG, she did an uninvited lecture to her high school? Omg, this is comedy PLATINUM. Please, for the love of god, LINK!!!!

by Anonymousreply 99Last Thursday at 7:23 AM

They were all bred like thoroughbred horses every last one of them including the Queen and William. None of them have anything except by accident of birth and because Lizzie’ uncle was a Nazi. None of them did anything exceptional but be born.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Thursday at 7:24 AM

I get it now, they get public funding from the UK for their services of providing incomparable comic relief to the world on these dark times.

And for their service, we thank them. 🇺🇸🇬🇧🇪🇺🇩🇪🇨🇿🇯🇵

by Anonymousreply 101Last Thursday at 7:26 AM

*in^

by Anonymousreply 102Last Thursday at 7:27 AM

Do people really believe they just got handed $150 million? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Thursday at 7:27 AM

R13, I agree...Harry would be outrageously hot with pumped up pecs, biceps and glutes!💪🏼

by Anonymousreply 104Last Thursday at 7:42 AM

R100 Do you really think Meghan doesn't have the "right" royal blood line somewhere in her lineage? They are all related. Diana was as well.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Thursday at 7:43 AM

R52, there is no such title as the King Mother. Perhaps you mean the Queen Mother -- a former queen consort who, as a dowager queen who is the mother of the reigning monarch, can be called the Queen Mother. (The closest to a "King Mother" is Henry VII's mother, Margaret, Countess of Richmond, who was referred to as the "King's Mother" back in the 15th and 16th centuries.)

by Anonymousreply 106Last Thursday at 8:00 AM

How much did the really get up-front from Netflix, I wonder.

I don't believe for a minute Charles isn't paying for them, saying he isn't is just PR spin because it looks awful for him to still be writing the checks.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Thursday at 8:12 AM

Sussexes’ stans keep moving the goal post over what it the norm/ acceptable. When early rumors started (months after wedding) about representatives of the famewhoring couple looking for LA home for them, stans were apopolect. How dare you suggest that Harry and Meghan want to move to LA to be influencers in show biz?!

They scoffed at rumors about Meg treating staff badly and keeping her showbiz contacts and agent on standby while she and Harry used their platform to gain sympathy for assorted self-induced drama and manufactured slights.

When the couple quit and scampered to Canada their stans applauded at their quest for privacy. They accused racism to those of us who said the couple was bound for LA to be bigwigs there. They said no way would the thirsty couple trade on BRF and Harry’s background in order to become celebrities. The. The stans did a 180 with the announcement of the Netflix deal which saw the couple score producer deal despite having zero experience.

Their stans are okay with hypocrisy and false equivalence of racism if it means that Meg and Dims become the manufactured public figures that they had set out to become all along. I and many here on DL would respect the couple more if they had just been transparent about their grift to become Hollywood celebrities instead of manufacturing drama as excuses to quit the BRF. It’s unctuous to claim victimization and proclaim themselves as humanitarians. Now it’s come to fruition, what we’ve predicted and said all along. Faux SJW-humanitarians living in lily white, exclusive enclave while preaching and virtue signaling to the plebs. This is of course fine with their stans as they keep moving the goal post.

Face it stans, Harry and his camera bulb PTSD and Meg’s cringeworthy humanitarianism are open to scrutiny more than ever now. They’ve become Hollywood producers and no longer immune to criticism as wannabe celebs-open famewhores.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Thursday at 8:20 AM

^^^meant to say “stans were apoplectic”.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Thursday at 8:36 AM

Meg and Harry don't want privacy, they want to completely control media coverage of them! That's why they're so eager to sue, they don't want any unauthorized or unflattering coverage.

And why we aren't seeing pictures of the sprat, nobody's meeting their price for pictures.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Thursday at 8:53 AM

[quote]Not only did he get to break free of the Royal Prison Bonds, but he also got to move to the US which is where he wanted to be, AND he gets to live in a mansion that he and his wife bought and PAID for, AND he's $150,000,000 richer now.

"Show your work, provide references, and all relevant links and articles."

touchè my little sugar; evidence is the key so please link an image of an account receivable from the SG stamped 'paid in full'; otherwise you're simply repeating heresay

by Anonymousreply 111Last Thursday at 9:00 AM

AT first, I thought Meg's critics were racist. Not because she was a saint or anything, but because of all the shallow bitches in the world, they picked her to obsess over and to spend their lives hating on! Which if true, and it probably was true in some cases, would have been an example of unconscious bias rather than conscious racism, they picked her to hate because she was breaking racial norms and "stealing" a prince.

So maybe there was some of that at first, but now, well! The Haters were right about her, they underestimated her!

But I don't hate her, I think she's hilarious. She's done nothing but fuck up ever since she dragged Harry away from his previous owners.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Thursday at 9:04 AM

"He is just following in Diana's footsteps"

Harry will forever be a whiny coffin follower. Second best is Sparkles, who wears dead mummy's perfume.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Thursday at 9:13 AM

r106, The title Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother was to differentiate between her ans her daughter Queen Elizabeth.

After Georgie 5 moved on, Queen Mary kept being Queen Mary. She was never a King's Mother even though she was twice.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Thursday at 9:44 AM

Yeah, the title "Queen Mother" wasn't approved by the College of Heralds or anything, it's just what everyone called Queen Consort Elizabeth to differentiate her from her daughter, the actual Queen Regnant Elizabeth.

When you've got two queens living and they have the same name, well, something's got to be done.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Thursday at 10:05 AM

[quote]Yeah, the title "Queen Mother" wasn't approved by the College of Heralds or anything, it's just what everyone called Queen Consort Elizabeth to differentiate her from her daughter, the actual Queen Regnant Elizabeth.

Kind of like "baby mama"?

by Anonymousreply 116Last Thursday at 10:12 AM

[quote]Faux SJW-humanitarians living in lily white, exclusive enclave while preaching and virtue signaling to the plebs. This is of course fine with their stans as they keep moving the goal post.

This is what people really dislike about them. And now Meghan will be doing some BLM thing for Netflix. Please.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Thursday at 11:15 AM

[quote] I don't understand why so many posters assume that criticism of Meghan must be racist? I'm sure some of it is - there probably are people who aren't thrilled about a biracial woman marrying into the BRF - but that doesn't mean it all is

Shut it. Most of it is racist. And you know it. We've had a hundred threads where people have said Meghan isn't black enough or she's barely black. Almost every public article about them that has a comment section has comments like that

That's disgusting. There's comments about her hair too

by Anonymousreply 118Last Thursday at 11:58 AM

I think the criticism would be even more harsh if Meghan has been 100% white. Her biracial status is actually making a lot of people hold back for calling her out for the grifting famewhore she is, because they're afraid to be called racist. It she were fully whit it would be much harsher.

by Anonymousreply 119Last Thursday at 12:14 PM

We’ll know it’s a done deal when just Harry gets his teeth fixed and a hair transplant...

by Anonymousreply 120Last Thursday at 12:16 PM

Sometimes these couples make it. Usually they don’t, but I know a couple like this where the husband just goes along with whatever she wants and seems to be happy doing so. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 121Last Thursday at 1:00 PM

Her HAIR?! Her HAIR?!

by Anonymousreply 122Last Thursday at 1:01 PM

[quote] I think the criticism would be even more harsh if Meghan has been 100% white

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123Last Thursday at 1:23 PM

It's true r123.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Thursday at 1:24 PM

She's a bit of a cunt. You're just going to have to accept it. She is not a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 125Last Thursday at 1:32 PM

I agree, R125.

Kate really is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 126Last Thursday at 1:36 PM

Meghan is the cunt sister-in-law every family has.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Thursday at 1:41 PM

You're trash and you know it, smegs. No amount of money will change that.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Thursday at 1:43 PM

Taking bets on the inflated amount she will claim was paid for Archie's photos.

"Sussex duo score 20 million for baby pics!" (It was really $100.)

by Anonymousreply 129Last Thursday at 1:49 PM

R118 Please show some evidence of that.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Thursday at 1:59 PM

[quote]I don't believe for a minute Charles isn't paying for them, saying he isn't is just PR spin because it looks awful for him to still be writing the checks.

Of course 'Charles isn't paying them' because that's bad optics for the wobbly knee'd son who wants to 'stand on his own'. What is the more realistic story could be is that Charles or TQ have arranged with legal counsel to have a tidy sum of money placed in a Trust registered with some innocuous name like 'The Montecito Family Trust' and H&M have been named as both Trustees and Beneficiaries, so in other words, Charles is not supporting them, the name on the cheques are 'The Montecito Family Trust' payable to H&M. better optics, and they can rightfully say that their money is not coming from Charles.

by Anonymousreply 131Last Thursday at 2:12 PM

[quote]r94 Agreeing to become a royal duchess means agreeing to do a constitutional job, like signing a work contract.

Maybe to the thinking of some from the UK, but Meghan is an American.

Show us the wording in this supposed contract, please.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Thursday at 2:15 PM

R132, playing obtuse is just making people explain over and over again why smeg and her lapdog are horrible people - with receipts. Hardly what your employer wants from you.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Thursday at 2:27 PM

[quote]Maybe to the thinking of some from the UK, but Meghan is an American.

And American she certainly is, meaning she is only a 'courtesy' Duchess while she is married to Harry. When the inevitable divorce happens, she is just another nondescript single mother, however in her case, she will always have the notoriety a highly transparent grifter and be held in derision the world over.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Thursday at 2:27 PM

[quote]r134 And American she certainly is, meaning she is only a 'courtesy' Duchess while she is married to Harry. When the inevitable divorce happens, she is just another nondescript single mother

And that's fine. But she does not have a duty to "Queen and Country"... it's not HER queen, and it's not HER country. We should always be polite when in the company of inlaws, but beyond that there's no need for her to bow and scrape like the rest of the BRF do.

She was a guest in that country and was treated poorly. Why would she want to spend a second more time than necessary there, and expose her child to more of the same?

by Anonymousreply 135Last Thursday at 2:40 PM

Of fuck off. No one treated smeg badly. They didn't give her everything she wanted and it enraged her into Veruca Salt mode.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Thursday at 2:43 PM

Indeed, r136. Veruca Markle has a ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Thursday at 2:46 PM

"I want what Kate has!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 138Last Thursday at 2:49 PM

The Daily Mail was unpleasant to her, and the courtiers were snooty. Since the Daily Mail is usually so flattering, and the courtiers are normally so down to earth, you can see why she’d feel she had to leave the country.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Thursday at 2:53 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140Last Thursday at 2:53 PM

My god, Harry looks even dumber than his father. How is that possible?!

by Anonymousreply 141Last Thursday at 3:05 PM

Rude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142Last Thursday at 3:10 PM

Harry takes after dumb and borderline personality Diana. It was always going to be at least one dumb kid with those genes. Turned out it was Harry not William, and I’m sure QE breathed a sigh of relief early on. Early on in that don’t believe the family didn’t know early on what a dolt Harry turned out to be. Cheated through school and couldn’t even take officer’s exam for fear of flunking.

As for hair transplant, I would be weary if I were Harry. Redheads don’t do as well with hair transplants, this from a family friend who is a hair transplant surgeon. He might end up looking worse. Best to go the bald route.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Thursday at 3:13 PM

r120 I'm holding out for a Brazilian butt lift.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Thursday at 3:31 PM

Megixit seems to be nearly complete -- I have seen several references to "Prince Harry and his wife," "Prince Harry and Megan Markle, Actress," etc. Sussex is almost dead.

There was a gossip note that the Harkles are invited to a couple family events in 2021, but will not be photographed with any working royals. This sounds about right, as will permanent removal of Harry's military associations. I think they will relinquish Froggy Holler as they obviously hate it anyway. Using any video footage of royals in their commercial ventures? No.

Any feelings of relief the Harkles have are most likely mutual by his family. Haz has his new father David Foster anyway, so no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Thursday at 3:38 PM

[quote]There was a gossip note that the Harkles are invited to a couple family events in 2021, but will not be photographed with any working royals.

They really must be livid with him if he's not even allowed to be photographed with them.

by Anonymousreply 146Last Thursday at 3:42 PM

Where is Archie?

by Anonymousreply 147Last Thursday at 3:56 PM

[quote]They really must be livid with him if he's not even allowed to be photographed with them.

I doubt TQ or Charles are livid with Harry. They simply recognize that Harry's place in succession is in the rear view mirror, and that the stars of tomorrow are Charles, Camilla, William , Kate, George, Charlotte, and Louis.

Harry and Meghan could have carved out a place for themselves in some manner, however I believe that Megs couldn't abide with being a supporting actor. So she marched off to LA with Harry's balls in her purse.

I won't be the slightest bit surprised that the titles will be 'graciously surrendered' (eye-roll) at year-end review now that the Palace has seeded their bank accounts in a mind-boggling amount. Effectively a 'nuisance payment' as its known in the bizz. -"Here's a ton of money, now go away and let us get on with things".

Its all worked out well from the Monarchy's point of view, except when the divorce comes, but I'm sure legal counsel has fully anticipated and insulated both Harry and the Monarchy's cash for when that time comes.

Their departure from the Royal circle is a huge relief to all parties, provided they play by the rules of engagement. I expect that they won't be able to stay within those rules long though, when they get desperate and try to market their 'link' to the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Thursday at 4:09 PM

Weeks later, and still nobody cares where that potato headed child is. Why should we? He's another overly rich tater tot in a bubble raised by narcissists. Good luck to his genes.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Thursday at 4:21 PM

I'm sure a PEOPLE magazine cover story is imminent.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Thursday at 4:23 PM

Archie will be kept hidden behind mansion walls and transported behind heavily tinted SUV windows to schools with designated and canopied drop-off areas. All in an attempt to build up his exclusivity and caché. His play date friends will be seriously vetted for the advantages that their parents can provide to H&M.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Thursday at 4:32 PM

She tried and failed to make Archie seem more important than the Cambridge kids.

by Anonymousreply 152Last Thursday at 4:37 PM

Nobody seems to be clamoring for pics of Archie.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Thursday at 4:44 PM

[quote]Nobody seems to be clamoring for pics of Archie.

well, covid 'n everything ... give it a while until the LA and the paps get back on their feet ... you know they'll be 'anonymously' alerted of their every move

by Anonymousreply 154Last Thursday at 4:51 PM

[quote]She tried and failed to make Archie seem more important than the Cambridge kids.

Well, after Betty dies, Archie becomes as important as Loius.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Thursday at 5:00 PM

[quote]Archie becomes as important as Loius.

Uh no, Louis will be 3rd in line to the crown when Charles becomes King.

Archie's a relative non-starter in that field. He best stay in LA and work the corner pockets.

by Anonymousreply 156Last Thursday at 5:15 PM

I have noticed that in official palace announcements or press acknowledgements, M & H are referred in some version of the following ..."the Duke of Sussex and his family".

by Anonymousreply 157Last Thursday at 5:23 PM

I agree that they'll be surrendering the Sussex title at the end of the 12-month grace period. It's possible that the money to buy their enormous California house was part of that deal. It's important to the future of the monarchy to draw a line between what Harry and Meghan are doing (marketing themselves for personal gain) and what the active members of the BRF are doing.

I doubt that the money to pay off Frogmore came from them. It was probably a gift from Charles that they gifted back. They never wanted that house, barely lived in that house, why would they pay a couple of million for the renovations? Charles did it to give Harry some good optics so that he could keep his California career going. It's really in the BRF's best interests that Harry does well, as that will keep him and Meghan contented and away from the business of the Monarchy. It's a kinder, gentler version of what was done to/for the Windsors.

Archie will be raised like a privileged California kid. He will have the offspring of A-listers as his playmates. He may one day have a very successful Instagram or YouTube channel (or whatever the hip social media is in 20 years). He will never use any sort of British title. I would even be surprised if he takes dual citizenship when he turns 18. He'll be American through and through.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Thursday at 5:24 PM

^^that's code for "we can't stand the bitch he's married to."

by Anonymousreply 159Last Thursday at 5:24 PM

[quote] And American she certainly is, meaning she is only a 'courtesy' Duchess while she is married to Harry.

There is no such thing as a living British Duchess who is not a "courtesy" duchess through marriage.

Even the queen, who holds the duchy of Lancaster in her own right by dint of being monarch, is officially the Duke of Lancaster, not the Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Thursday at 5:27 PM

[quote]Do people really believe they just got handed $150 million? JFC.

Yes, I think there are a lot of people who believe they just got handed $150 million. Many people don't understand how the deal was structured.

by Anonymousreply 161Last Thursday at 5:31 PM

A single flying fuck: if only I gave one.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Thursday at 5:34 PM

[quote] Well, after Betty dies, Archie becomes as important as Loius.

What? After Betty dies, Charles is monarch, and the succession goes as follows:

1) The heir apparent, and Charles's eldest child, Prince William

2) William's eldest child, Prince George

3) William's second eldest child, Princess Charlotte

4) William's youngest child, Prince Louis

5) Charles's second child, Prince Harry

6) Harry's only child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

Louis is two steps ahead of Archie in the path of succession, and will be at least that far ahead of Archie until the day he dies. If he has children, they will all inherit the throne before Archie does.

Archie will never inherit the throne, unless Anmer House is taken out by a bomb.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Thursday at 5:35 PM

*Sorry, It's Anmer HALL, not House.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Thursday at 5:36 PM

Was Markle ever considered a sex symbol? She was a briefcase girl after all.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Thursday at 5:37 PM

Can someone explain the Netflix deal to me? Is the 150 million just salary for them if they deliver the content? Or does that 150 million include costs associated with creating the content? I don't quite understand how all this works. Are Harry and Meghan just middlemen who find production companies who have content to sell to Netflix or are H&M actually supposed to create the content?

by Anonymousreply 166Last Thursday at 5:42 PM

Eating a hamburger while writhing around a hot barbecue grill is as sexy as it gets, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Thursday at 5:47 PM

They're supposed to create the content.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Thursday at 5:53 PM

r156 and r163, AND Archie becomes a Royal Prince.

And like The Duchess of Windsor never claimed, if they are rid of the Sussex Duchy they would remain

TRH The Prince and Princess Henry.

If I were Meghan and everyone called me Meghan as oppose to The Duchess of Sussex, then being the Her Royal Highness, Princess Henry would be nice. Also a big FU to the Firm.

Things, they will be a changin.

I only hope that Phil goes first. Racist fuck.

by Anonymousreply 169Last Thursday at 5:54 PM

[quote] I only hope that Phil goes first. Racist fuck.

Phil won't go until he sees Harry divorced from the she-devil and safely back in the fold.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Thursday at 5:57 PM

When Charles becomes King, Archie will be entitled to the style of HRH Prince Archie. But just as Louise and James Wessex do not use the styles of HRH Princess Louise and HRH Prince James, Archie probably won't use the princely title. Though Louise and James could choose to use the titles at 18, it would be rather silly, as they won't ever be working royals. Archie needs the titles even less than they do, as he won't even be living in England or part of that social set. In fact, from a marketing perspective, he'll look cooler and more progressive if he never uses it.

by Anonymousreply 171Last Thursday at 5:59 PM

Netflix should enter into a deal with DataLounge. We create better content than H&M.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Thursday at 6:00 PM

I don't know why the Sussexstans are so obsessed with Archie being a royal prince. They keep going on and on about how motheaten the British monarchy is, how its titles and traditions mean nothing. You'd think they would be eager for Meghan, Harry, and Archie to eschew the titles and just be the Mountbatten-Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Thursday at 6:01 PM

Let's be real. MM will demand that her son be called Prince Archie. She will teach him to use the title for grifting.

by Anonymousreply 174Last Thursday at 6:09 PM

[quote]r158 It's important to the future of the monarchy to draw a line between what Harry and Meghan are doing (marketing themselves for personal gain) and what the active members of the BRF are doing.

Yeah, RED ALERT...they're really in danger of toppling the monarchy, those two.

For god's sake, some of you make their lives seem much more exciting than it all really is.

by Anonymousreply 175Last Thursday at 6:21 PM

Louise and James, the future Earl of Wessex, will not continue as grandchildren of the monarch. Archie will and it will be a much smaller club.

And considering the decades long animus between Chuck and Phil, it would not surprise me, once Phil is interred, that C3 reinstates the Dynastic name as simply Windsor.

Goodbye amoeba.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Thursday at 6:43 PM

Also, where did this concept of "working royals" are only entitled to the HRH.

Tell that to Drina's nine children.

Codswallop.

by Anonymousreply 177Last Thursday at 6:47 PM

[quote]Louise and James, the future Earl of Wessex, will not continue as grandchildren of the monarch. Archie will and it will be a much smaller club.

What does this even mean?

by Anonymousreply 178Last Thursday at 6:58 PM

“As oppose to” R169?

Why is it that you people can hear but you cannot spell?

by Anonymousreply 179Last Friday at 1:41 AM

I STRONGLY suspect that the reason Archie is being kept hidden is not "privacy concerns" (I mean really, lmao) but the fact that he may not be photogenic enough to compete with Kate's children.

Perhaps, after some discreet plastic surgery, the tot will be trotted out in designer humblewear by his doting mommy and daddy. And in a few years he'll be competing with Apple Martin Goop for the title of worst bully in LA's private educational system.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Friday at 2:03 AM

r180 Apple Martin is 16.

by Anonymousreply 181Last Friday at 6:02 AM

[quote]Louise and James, the future Earl of Wessex, will not continue as grandchildren of the monarch. Archie will and it will be a much smaller club.

The Queen has 8 grandchildren. Charles has 4 at present, and will probably end up with 5 or 6. A smaller club, but not a MUCH smaller club.

It's silly for any grandchild who is not the child of the direct heir to carry the HRH. (You could even make an argument that it's pointless for younger children of the direct heir to have it.) '

It's even more pointless when a younger son's child lives 8000 miles away from the UK and will likely be raised there. An American boy with an American accent and American attitudes.

Harry and Meghan have chosen to live where they live and raise Archie in an American environment. Having made those choices, they'd be hypocrites to then insist he be styled as a prince of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Friday at 6:23 AM

R181 I mean historically, not at thd same time, lol.

by Anonymousreply 183Last Friday at 6:29 AM

"His first divorce"

by Anonymousreply 184Last Friday at 6:33 AM

Apparently the gossip is that Meghan and Harry via their entertainment lawyers had set up a company for Doria in the summer of 2019. Registered in Delaware and some sort of vague, health consultation services for the elderly. It only takes private, direct cash payments NOT insurance of any type. Money laundering scam or what? Social workers can practice independently but they usually take insurance, none of this private consultancy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Friday at 7:00 AM

I wish all the Meg fans who claim she is only disliked in the UK because she is biracial and from the US would explain why Michelle O is so respected and admired here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186Last Friday at 7:41 AM

You're so nice! I wish "all the Meg fans" would bite me.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Friday at 9:05 AM

Supposedly this is the sham cash pay only consulting company-senior care management that was set up for Meghan’s mother, Doria. This website is shady as hell. No reputable senior care services company would ever have a professional website like this. Why? Social worker (which Doria is one) private practice websites will have a CV or at least information about the SW, her license number, and work experience including specialty areas if applicable. Looks like it was established by a lawyer who’s not specializing in healthcare but entertainment. What a joke if this is indeed the shell company.

This website has none of those pertinent information, not even who you, as a consumer, would be inquiring for possible services. It just gives out a phone number, not even a person of contact besides the SW. Under the “about us” section, it basically lists a bunch of SW services that one should be able to get via SW services contracted with insurance companies or healthcare providers. If you’re able to pay cash for boutique SW services, then why the hell would you not be able to afford health insurance? Unless this company is after getting rich elderly people’s money by scamming them to think they need concierge SW services. More than half the things listed on the website you can pay a healthcare attendees like a CNA (certified nurses aide) to do. Many rich elderly in LA pay for such staff. Why the need to spring for private SW services?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188Last Friday at 1:25 PM

The agent is an entertainment attorney. Someone should be able to dig up more shadiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189Last Friday at 1:27 PM

Good sleuthing, DL!

"Loving Kindness" is such an odd name though. Could it be code for something? Am I reading too much into this? It still seems to me a weird choice of a name. Keyword search optimisation? Generic-sounding meaningless name of a hollow company?

by Anonymousreply 190Last Friday at 1:58 PM

R190, This might just be ineptitude rather than anything sinister. Meghan could have given the job to an entertainment lawyer (who would not know what he/she was doing), because she could get the legal services for free.

What’s most disturbing is that Meghan seems to expect her mother to keep working even those she, Meghan, now has serious money. Who does that?

by Anonymousreply 191Last Friday at 2:03 PM

[quote]I wish all the Meg fans who claim she is only disliked in the UK because she is biracial and from the US would explain why Michelle O is so respected and admired here.

You can't be this stupid? Can You? yes, you can

That list is so funny. Edward Snowden and rapist Julian Assange are on that same list too. And melanie, the wife of the American traitor, donald trump is on it too. Speaking of traitors, that convicted traitor , chelsea manning is on that same exact list as Michelle Obama

We can see all the racist comments from Brits about Meghan in every single article about her on the web

by Anonymousreply 192Last Friday at 2:11 PM

[quote]r186 I wish all the Meg fans ...

You don't have to be a fan to object to the racist way she was treated. I don't know her, so who knows what's in someone's heart, but from what's reported I don't see she did anything objectionable. She's probably a little spoiled, but who that's succeeded in the entertainment industry isn't? More pointedly, who in the BRF isn't?

by Anonymousreply 193Last Friday at 2:11 PM

I doubt that smeg expects Doria to keep working. Besides, Doria is the prime caretaker of Archie. No, everything about this, including the odd website that seems to offer something but in fact offers nothing (it reads like a preview) is typical of a screen company.

That's how Eastern European money-laundering businesses go. They set up a perfectly innocent front - let's say, a shoe shop. But the shoes on offer are too few; too expensive; out of fashion. The shop is expensive but somehow invisible; its purpose is not to draw attention to itself.

Luxury is a must for screen companies. An expensive location, costly office decorations and a complicated labyrinth of "exclusive" services allow for wild creativity with the accounting books. This "Loving Kindness" seems to fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 194Last Friday at 2:14 PM

(Note how Sunshine Sucks sprang into action with the racism thread-derailing crap the moment we started digging into this.)

by Anonymousreply 195Last Friday at 2:15 PM

r192. Those are just people that were in the news. Michelle Obama got the votes. Yougov gives suggestions that can be ignored or not and it runs polls over 12 months in many cases.

by Anonymousreply 196Last Friday at 2:28 PM

R191, I’m not R190 but in this instance this is not not ineptitude but smacks of deliberateness. Let’s assume ineptitude is to blame, that would be just as bad because it would implies the licensed specialist (SW) is incompetent as well. They’re asking people to consult with them about medical treatment/ ethics issues, very private information about the clients’ health, lifestyle, family, and socioeconomic realities. Yet the potential, interested clients are supposed to contact the service not knowing the person of expertise, whether they’re licensed, insured, etc....and possibly diverge these personal information about themselves or their loved ones? To me it goes beyond incompetence or mere ineptitude because crucial, basic background information is deliberately missing. I’ve worked with SWs for years both inpatient and now mostly in outpatient capacity. It’s more difficult to be omit basic information than to just do things the transparent way. That website is sketchy, trust me i’ve been in healthcare for more than 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 197Last Friday at 2:43 PM

The website says that Loving Kindness is a member of the Aging Life Care Association, apparently a industry certification and lobbying group whose website is shown below.

No idea to what extent the association investigates their member's qualifications, experience or licensure, or if they just cash the check when a new member joins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198Last Friday at 4:22 PM

R198 I read through the membership criteria on the website. It’s easy to join, all one has to have is anywhere from an associate degree all the way up to doctoral/ PhD degree in any of the specified disciplines, including psychology, nursing, OT/ PT, gerontology, health administration, and social work. There isn’t a criteria that applies to specific number of hours you’d have to have in your training or work experience with the elderly. For instance if I wish to get certified as a gerontology NP I would have to complete more coursework and specified number of hours before I’ll be able to sit for the certification exam. So this doesn’t appear to be that kind of certification. I think it’s more of a membership kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 199Last Friday at 5:25 PM

[quote] I doubt that smeg expects Doria to keep working. Besides, Doria is the prime caretaker of Archie. No, everything about this, including the odd website that seems to offer something but in fact offers nothing (it reads like a preview) is typical of a screen company

Meghan has joined the ranks of the rich. This is what rich people do. They funnel as much money as they can to friends and relatives. Why pay a stranger to do some easy work for you, when you can pay your mother?

They will be developing projects for Netflix. Doria will be a consultant/expert on whatever issues they are focusing on.

Rich people make sure they make money, coming and going. That's how they stay rich

by Anonymousreply 200Last Friday at 6:05 PM

R200, so embezzling money and hiding funds is a-okay, as long as you're rich, eh? You Megstans have some beautifully flexible moral compasses.

And what "expertise" is Doria going to bestow upon their projects, pray tell? How to bag a rich husband and isilate him from family and friends? Mind you, that might sell well.

by Anonymousreply 201Yesterday at 2:53 AM

*^isOlate

by Anonymousreply 202Yesterday at 2:54 AM

[quote] so embezzling money and hiding funds is a-okay, as long as you're rich, eh?

Embezzling? You come of as slightly retarded. It's not embezzling. You probably shouldn't use words you don't know the meaning of.

Nothing illegal about it. Rich people have been doing this since the beginning of time. You have a problem because Meghan is black. You don't think she should allowed to earn money

You're the lunatic who thinks Meghan should be "punished"? Aren't you?

I guess you expect Meghan's mom to work for free, like a slave

by Anonymousreply 20318 hours ago

Yawn. The "worship smeg or you're racist" troll is back.

by Anonymousreply 20418 hours ago

updates ignore list

by Anonymousreply 20518 hours ago

R203 is moving the goal post again as typical of Meghan stans. Before, it was saintly Doria the mental health expert providing expertise to treat mentally vulnerable people rich and poor, including Royal dolt Harry with his camera flash PTSD. The type of PTSD that responds to no therapy except one that comes in the form of ginormous cash payment from speechifying about dead mum.

Now the goal post is Doria is allowed to charge obscene amount of money catering to concierge LCSW services that only rich fucks can afford, and only the dumb can be convinced to believe they need. It's okay for Doria to say fuck you to the plebs and the poor with and without health insurance, she'll only take $$$ payment from rich and mentally not-all-there elderly patients who won't raise suspicions like those pesky insurance companies or medical institutions that usually oversee what social workers can bill. After all, isn't it enough to only pay lip service to equality, charity, and kindness? What, Black and Latino people are more adversely affected by lack of access to healthcare? Pffff, fuck if Meghan, Doria and their stans care. What really matters is making bank. Fuck trying to advocate for greater healthcare access, cash direct deposit for vague consultant scams is where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 20618 hours ago

Meghan and Doria are running waist-deep through the fields of cash and are on the take!

by Anonymousreply 20716 hours ago

R203 You're talking shit. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 20813 hours ago

[quote]r207 Meghan and Doria are running waist-deep through the fields of cash and are on the take!

You mean ... like the BRF? At least it's not coming from bloodshed, creating laws for one's own advantage, and the exploitations of colonialization, like all British royals' money came from.

by Anonymousreply 20913 hours ago

That was a LONG time ago r209.

by Anonymousreply 21013 hours ago

But they still use the money -

by Anonymousreply 21112 hours ago

Still, there's still a pandemic on, London is facing the possibility of a new lockdown, millions of jobs have been lost and rents aren't being paid.

It's infuriating to think that the future king's spare funds are not going to relieving the sick or jobless or those facing homeless, but to pay the mortgage of a fucking monstrous mansion and enough security to keep all 25 bathrooms safe from intruders. That's just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21212 hours ago

Do you mean Buckingham Palace?

by Anonymousreply 21312 hours ago

BP is mortgage free; has been for a few years now Rose

by Anonymousreply 21412 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!