Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“United States of Tara” (2009-2011)- Did you watch? Who was your favorite alter?

I absolutely love this show. I hate that Showtime canceled it after season 3 without a proper ending. They could have at least given it a movie to close it off. Something. This was a show that could easily last another 3 seasons.

Toni really won me over with this show. I always knew she was talented, but boy did I love her in this. She was so good as Tara and all her alters.

I never cared for Brie Larson, even in this. She was one note and she was not nearly as hot as we were supposed to believe she was.

I always loved John Corbett, he’s always a delight in anything he is in.

I loved the sons storyline, but mostly in season one where he was dealing with his sexuality with himself and lusting for his straight best friend Jason, and pretty much got him! They were adorable together.

Andrew Lawrence was adorable in this. Why did they can him after the first season? Jason should have been back. He was a delight and highlight to the first season.

Did you like it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 11:04 PM

Andrew Lawrence hasn't done much acting since. It's a shame because I was really digging his storyline. Things just got weird in the second season and I gradually lost interest. I think I checked out by season 3.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 9:29 PM

R1 his storyline was the best of the series.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 9:31 PM

I couldn't stand Toni Collette any longer after The Sixth Sense which she have won an Oscar from that. Since then she has been acting in a nuanced, hyper-neurotic mode and it's utterly insufferable..

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 9:41 PM

R3 I also felt she should have won for The Sixth Sense. Many people say she shouldn’t have even been nominated

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 9:45 PM

I wanna rewatch now.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!