Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Within Margin of Error in 7 States

This election is far from being called for Biden. Without a high turnout of African Americans, LationX, LBGTQ and others, Trump will win. There are a sufficient number of silent Trumpsters to push the electoral college in his favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2020 1:09 PM

Concern troll is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 8:10 PM

OP, no one is 'calling' the election for Biden. Do you realize Hillary was polling 10 points ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania at this time in 2016- then lost to him by around 40,000 votes?

Biden has an uphill battle through probably December. I predict he'll win by 100 votes in some states.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 8:14 PM

If you AREN'T concerned, you're an idiot, R1.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 8:19 PM

OP, while I agree that the race is not over, I think we may see the effect of “silent Bidenites” come Election Day. Plus, I really believe the apathy of 2016 is not the case in 2020. Plus, no third party candidate spoilers. There are a number of additional factors which tilt the election in Biden’s favor, but I’ll be holding my breath until 1/21/2021.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote] I think we may see the effect of “silent Bidenites” come Election Day.

Exactly. This whole supposed phenomenon of "silent Trumpers" is probably exceeded or canceled out by silent Biden voters in red areas who don't want to be harassed by the loud, aggressive, unpredictable Trump crowd.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 8:38 PM

Exactly. The LationX demographic is HUGE in this country and they favor narcissistic sociopaths on crime sprees who break their promises and ignore pandemics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 8:45 PM

Does anyone else think there's no way in hell Trump is polling that high? Even Republicans are tired of him. I don't see yard signs or bumper stickers or anything out.

The constant barrage of polls indicates someone really-really wants you to get something from them. And that message is probably that he is the underdog, just thisclose behind Biden. Motivation to get complacent Deplorables off their fat asses.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 9:06 PM

We're doing good tho. Voter's minds are pretty much made up this time around. Trump's base is not enough, Biden isn't Hillary, coronavirus, unemployment, race- cop issues,,Harris is on the ticket and Biden's had the biggest fundraising month in history. Trump is doomed:

In the 2016 race, polling data shows Biden has a significantly superior lead over Trump, compared with Clinton's numbers four years ago, with less undecided voters this time. In all possible scenarios, Trump will need to win some of the battleground states that are now leaning toward Biden in order to reach a winning number of electoral votes.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 9:17 PM

Agreed, R5. Plus, people are craving a stabilizing force. Even if they are rump supporters, they are getting tired of the crazy. This fatigue will favor Biden as we get closer to Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 9:23 PM

I'm ready to go ape if Biden loses. I'm talking jumping up and down making animal noises and throwing my feces at people. Look for me at the Joseph Biden Boyhood Home Historic Site on election night boys. I'll be holding a sign that will be a secret signal to Dataloungers everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 9:25 PM

Some people who have been expressing support for Biden will likely turn to Trump in the voting booth, staying with the safety of the status quo and avoiding the risk from the upheaval that a Biden administration would enact.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 9:25 PM

Signs of a conservative backlash,drastic drop in Netflix subscribers following expose and preview clips on the internet of Cuties.

Sports viewing way, way down after players bend the knee.

De-fund the LE movement results in massive LE resignations frightening many Americans. Attacks on and attempted murder of police resulting in an anti-BLM backlash.

How many posters on this thread live in a Blue state versus a Red or even a Purple state?

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] staying with the safety of the status quo and avoiding the risk from the upheaval that a Biden administration would enact.

You are out of your fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 9:29 PM

I was polled yesterday in Nevada. Biden/Harris.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 9:30 PM

I've been liquidating all of my equity holdings in case Trump loses.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote] Signs of a conservative backlash,drastic drop in Netflix subscribers

I laugh that Trumptards think they're going to take down Netflix. Good fucking luck getting the under 40 crowd to cancel Netflix! What other #winning plans do they have planned next?

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 9:32 PM

LationX???

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 9:33 PM

What are you talking about December, R2?

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 9:37 PM

That's your dying monologue, r10?

You're not going to win the Boris of the Year Award.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 9:43 PM

r12's frenzied grasping won't even paddle him safely to the iceberg from the S.S. Trumptanic.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] I'm ready to go ape if Biden loses. I'm talking jumping up and down making animal noises and throwing my feces at people.

That sounds like those Trump-voting beasts every day of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 9:45 PM

Then you're a dishonest idiot, r15 and you deserve all the losses you're incurring.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 9:46 PM

DEMOCRATS ARE TAKING OVER THE SENATE IF THE ELECTION WERE HELD TODAY -- STILL!!

Americans are so sick and tired of the Republicans. Look how the Democrats will pick up at least FIVE senate seats right now. That's really good news for people who need economic stimulus, unemployment relief and an active plan to overcome COVID-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 9:48 PM

R16, Of course Netflix will survive. Just that many cancellations show a Conservative backlash just like the drop in national approval ratings for BLM.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]Then you're a dishonest idiot, [R15] and you deserve all the losses you're incurring.

I sold on 9/2, which was the high point during Covid for most of my ETFs and funds.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] [R16], Of course Netflix will survive. Just that many cancellations show a Conservative backlash

Too bad conservatives don't cancel the internet entirely. Wouldn't that be nice?

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 10:57 PM

R3 you are correct. R1 has been smoking something.

I have been in swing states and the large number of Trump signs is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote] Some people who have been expressing support for Biden will likely turn to Trump in the voting booth, staying with the safety of the status quo and avoiding the risk from the upheaval that a Biden administration would enact.

Nice try...

There is no safety in the current status quo, only chaos and uncertainty. You'd have to be completely without prospects to want this "status quo." Traditional Republicans are eager to get Trump out of office. Trump's support comes from racists and anarchists -- and the very undereducated.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2020 1:09 AM

Trump has total disregard for human life. He should be executed for Crimes Against Humanity. I'm serious.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2020 1:18 AM

Concern trolls, these are the states the article is addressing: Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Texas and Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2020 1:29 AM

That's great if there are a lot of vocal and silent Biden supporters out there, after all. But if all they do is voice or think it, or protest and riot about it, it's not going to help them or Biden as much as if they actually get off their asses and get to the polls and cast votes for him.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2020 1:35 AM

r7, Dude we're awash in Trump signs. r15, Keep your stocks and buy OEX or SPX puts. :]

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2020 1:39 AM

The huge difference between then & now is that, however big a lead Hillary had, she, unlike Biden, was never at or over 50% in the polls (other than the very blue states, of course), there’s much less undecideds now, where in 2016 this much larger group broke heavily in favor of the party not in power, against a highly unpopular candidate. Trump represents the party in power & he doesn’t have the benefit of running against a personally unpopular opponent. And this analysis doesn’t even take into consideration that, unlike 2016, there’s not the presence of third-party candidates allowing Trump to win the presidency with the lowest percentage of the vote than any major party candidate, winner or loser, since 1996.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2020 1:46 AM

That’s great if you’re going to retire today or have some amazing, surer investment lined up in this recession, R25.

But you’re just cutting your nose off to spite your face. You’re protesting, not making a shrewd business choice.

You’re acting like the economy will never recover or somehow recover under Trump and the Republicans, who are ignoring the pandemic and blocking stimulus and unemployment benefits.

You’re an idiot. The economy will never grow again until the COVID problem is resolved and the government helps to eliminate it.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2020 1:59 AM

If we start referring to the Latino community as LatinX, then our side deserves to lose.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2020 3:20 AM

R33 is talking sense. The majority of posters in this thread are either Trump trolls or paranoid know-nothings.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2020 3:56 AM

Also, OP, there is no proof that there is a sizable number of silent Trump supporters. There was a column in the Washington Post today about that very topic.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2020 3:58 AM

Where's Joe? All of the headlines are Trump. Never see a report on Harris; very few on Biden. They need to get out to the battleground states. They are MIA. Fuckhead is traveling all over the country. The only time you hear from Biden is when he is reacting to something Trump said, never his own initiative. They have got to speak out for why THEY deserve the vote, not only why Trump doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2020 12:04 PM

[quote] If we start referring to the Latino community as LatinX, then our side deserves to lose.

It’s worse than that. Apparently they’re referring to it as LationX.

Dafuq?

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2020 12:35 PM

When did formerly blood red states like Arizona, Texas, North Carolina and Georgia become "Swing states?"

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2020 1:33 PM

R38 When your opponent is imploding, step out of the way. That’s what Biden is doing.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2020 1:55 PM

And when, R40, did formerly blue states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Minnesota also become swing states? It's all a matter of changing demogrraphics.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2020 1:57 PM

R40, since recently

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2020 2:02 PM

R40 asks,

[bold]When did formerly blood red states like Arizona, Texas, North Carolina and Georgia become "Swing states?"[/bold]

In 2016, they ranked between Nos. 21 to 30 in the last election for the best-performed states for Republicans and Democrats.

Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, and Arizona were Donald Trump’s Nos. 22, 24, 25, and 26 best states. (He won with having carried 30.)

Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas were Hillary Clinton’s Nos. 25, 26, 27, and 29 best states. (She lost the election with have carried 20 states.)

In a United States presidential election that switches the White House party, the involved states are commonly those which fell near or at the middle of the pack.

If you want to know why formerly blood red states have become swing states: They trended away from the Republicans—gradually—for where they tended to rank and are now near or at the middle of where states fall for Republicans or Democrats. You take Texas as an example. The state was George W. Bush’s No. 10 best state in both 2000 and 2004. (Bush carried 30 and 31 states.) It was John McCain’s and Mitt Romney’s No. 15 best state in both 2008 and 2012. (McCain carried 22 states. Romney carried 24 states.) It was Donald Trump’s No. 22 best state. (Trump carried 30 states.) And, in that election of 2016, the White House switched from Democratic to Republican while Texas shifted and trended away from the Republican Party. So, Texas has really moved away from the Republicans and toward the Democrats. So, Texas has gradually moved from being Nos. 41 (in 2000 and 2004) to 36 (in 2008 and 2012) to 29 (in 2016) for the Democrats.

Since the 1990s, the amount of states carried by presidential winners were: 32 and 31 (Bill Clinton); 30 and 31 (George W. Bush); 28 and 26 (Barack Obama); and 30 (Donald Trump, in 2016). So, if this year 2020 ends up switching the White House party from Republican to Democratic, all these states can feasible become Democratic pickups.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2020 2:05 PM

LationX???? LBGTQ???

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2020 2:10 PM

Biden has the "Hate For Trump" votes. Now, he has to gain more supporters with "what I'm going to do for you".

It's not just about defeating Trump. It has to be about policies and making people WANT to vote for HIM (Biden). He has to offer something different. Now, most INFORMED people with a brain already know that Biden is different than Trump and has policies. He has to get out there and talk to the people who don't follow politics every day (Blue collar, Hispanic, Black, women etc...). He has to EARN votes not take them for granted.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2020 2:10 PM

There is also purple colour designation that I believe some of those states are qualified as like PA and WI. Historically, I would only call Minnesota as blue and only voting for Trump in 2016. Same for Texas and Arizona as true red states based on their history of voting. It also depends if we only count presidential elections or all elections (senate, house, local etc.)

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote] Also, OP, there is no proof that there is a sizable number of silent Trump supporters.

Yes there are. Rasmussen, which was one of only three outlets to call the 2016 election correctly, polled this very question. Of the a Trump voters they polled, 17% said they were unlikely to tell people how they were going to vote this election. Go and read their findings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2020 2:13 PM

Rasmussen, who Was the only poster to get 2018 wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 2:17 PM

But they tell this to Rasmussen? This just make no sense.

Not to say there are no so called "shy Trump voters". The new set of polls all marked as LV actually start factoring them in now to various degrees. Hence the tightening of the polls. Rasmussen is one of them, and even with all their adjustments, Biden still leads.

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2020 2:18 PM

Wrong, r46.

All Biden has to do is not be Trump. Your Republican scumbag is just that bad.

Any sane human with a conscience and sense of responsibility and honesty not just when he profits by it beats Trump.

GAME OVER. Biden wins.

Biden does have an agenda and message, which is nice. We need a President who will try to solve the COVID problem and offer economic relief and that's what Biden will do.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 3:22 PM

This is just a right-wing propaganda thread Boris started because we kept posting threads about Trump's decline in the polls and Trump's convention bounce evaporating.

Every post keeps it alive, a misleading Trump bias on the front page and Boris meets his troll quota.

Given that Boris's right-wing B.S. has been discredited, I suggest commenters now stick to the thread that got Borises panties in a bunch:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 3:29 PM

Or this one, rather:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2020 3:31 PM

Biden needs to cut an ad addressed to My LationX sisters, brothers and non-binary siblings.

That will definitely shore up the LationX vote!

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2020 3:35 PM

Has anyone considered that the DEBATES will be a major factor for voters this year? I hope Biden has his game on, he was dreadful during the primary debates. Of course this will be one one one which is different, but I'm as nervous as hell...especially about the edited portions that will be all over the place the day after. The debates are important.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2020 3:45 PM

R11 "opting for the safety of the status quo.."

Hence the absolutely insanity of the current America R11, have you looked around lately? 200,000 dead. Climate change devastating the natural environment and the science that studies if denied. More Americans unemployed than at any time in our country. A laughing stock to the world.. and China's economy about to pass us. A exponentially widening wealth gap. No healthcare plan. And demonstrations and protests ripping apart our society.

Right, voters are going into the polling booths and listen to their inner selves about the safety of the status quo.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2020 3:52 PM

Debates generally aren’t a big factor, but can reinforce perceptions about the candidates and tip close races. The first debate is usually the most watched and impactful. The last debate is often barely noticed, unless a last minute October Surprise makes it important. This year, so many people would have already voted by the last debate.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2020 4:38 PM

R57 The second debate in 2012 was extremely important. Obama, surprisingly, didn't do well in the first debate, and Romney exceeded expectations. Folks questioned whether Obama was automatically going to be re-elected. In the second debate Obama pretty much took Romney apart and fed him to the dogs.

Expectations: the first debate is often about who exceeded expectations. Trump's relentless attack on Biden's mental capacities is very helpful. People are not going to expect that much from Biden in the first debate. He'll be cogent, direct, personable... he'll be fine. He will "exceed expectations" and so block any advantage Trump might seek or expect. The second debate I believe is Town Hall format. Biden excels in this format, Trump is exposed as a kook.

Biden will have no problems with the debates.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2020 4:50 PM

Reviews are not voter preferences.

Everyone said Hillary won the debates, and look what happened.

There has never been a debate that changed a presidential election in the modern era.

Trump had his chance. He failed. He perpetrated. He's toast.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote] There has never been a debate that changed a presidential election in the modern era.

It depends on what your definition of modern era is.

The 1960 debate sure changed a lot of minds.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote] The second debate I believe is Town Hall format. Biden excels in this format, Trump is exposed as a kook.

And I really hope Joe calls him out if/when he doesn’t answer the question like the other night’s town hall session.

“Uh, Mr. President, what happened? You didn’t like the question? You sure as heck didn’t answer it. These people came here and deserve an answer to their questions.”

That along with a real-time fact checker.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2020 5:12 PM

And that's the only one, r60, and that was 60 years ago.

Everybody knows what Trump and Biden look like and they, sir, are NO Jack Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2020 5:15 PM

Papa Bush’s looking at his watch during a debate certainly cemented his doom. So did Dukakis’ chilled response to a question about his wife being theoretically raped.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2020 5:27 PM

Yes, R49, even serious Republican strategists don’t think Rasmussen’s reputable.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2020 6:25 PM

[quote] Where's Joe? All of the headlines are Trump. Never see a report on Harris; very few on Biden. They need to get out to the battleground states. They are MIA. Fuckhead is traveling all over the country. The only time you hear from Biden is when he is reacting to something Trump said, never his own initiative. They have got to speak out for why THEY deserve the vote, not only why Trump doesn't.

November is a referendum on Trump. He is impervious to facts, science and reason. Biden and Harris are best letting Trump continue to campaign against himself.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2020 1:44 AM

R57, you're talking like its 1960. At least 50% percent of the public will not be watching the debates in real time, it'll be the highlights reel all over social media and the news shows that will get seen. Doesn't matter if it's #1, #2, or #3 debate. Trump lying, Trump stupidity vs Biden gaffs, Biden old man stop-start. It WILL have an impact.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2020 2:05 AM

OP is a homophobe, a racist, and a concern troll.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote] Biden gaffs,

Oh, dear!

Biden might get mad but I don’t think he’s going to harpoon the man.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2020 9:10 PM

Trump just took a 9 yard-sign lead here in northern Wisconsin.

WHEW! I can put my cash back into futures now.

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2020 7:22 AM

[quote] Now, most INFORMED people with a brain already know that Biden is different than Trump and has policies. He has to get out there and talk to the people who don't follow politics every day (Blue collar, Hispanic, Black, women etc...).

R46 - Are you saying that "Blue collar, Hispanic, Black, women etc..." are not informed people with brains?

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2020 7:37 AM

Arizona just went from toss up to leaning Democrat. Biden (+9)

PA, Michigan, and Arizona make 47 electoral votes. Enough to win the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2020 7:41 AM

Thanks, R71. Biden will also will WI, MN and NC, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2020 7:46 AM

I just want Billy Zabka to breed me no matter what year it is!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2020 7:48 AM

Laugh all you want r69. Mark my words Trump will win Wisconsin. Denial won't change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2020 8:54 AM

I believe there are an immense number of silent Trump voters out there.

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2020 8:56 AM

[quote] I just want Billy Zabka to breed me no matter what year it is!!!!!

Well alrighty then.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2020 1:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!