Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drew Barrymore "freaks out" after lighting Empire State Building yellow to celebrate her talk show

The former child star Drew Barrymore celebrated the premiere of her daytime talk show "The Drew Barrymore Show" by lighting the Empire State Building in Midtown Manhattan on Monday evening. She looked conservative in a yellow silk blouse tucked into a high-waisted grey midi-skirt and brown suede boots. "How excited am I to see the Empire State Building light up in the Drew Barrymore Show signature yellow?" the 45-year-old host asked at the event. "I'm freaking out!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40Last Thursday at 1:09 PM

She's been on every fucking show on TV the past 2 weeks. I like her - but ENOUGH. We KNOW - you have a new show!

I don't predict it will go very well. What unique talent does she bring? She's not a cook, she's not funny, she's not extremely intelligent.

What makes the execs think her show will do well? I don't get it. What show is she replacing?

by Anonymousreply 109/16/2020

I read posts like R1 complaining about seeing someone or something on TV too much and I think "bitch, maybe you just watch entirely too much TV???"

by Anonymousreply 209/16/2020

[quote]I don't predict it will go very well. What unique talent does she bring? She's not a cook, she's not funny, she's not extremely intelligent.

But she talks strange. Which is always a plus.

by Anonymousreply 309/16/2020

Drunk Drew was so drunk ...

How drunk was she?

by Anonymousreply 409/16/2020

I like her well enough but I agree, an hour of Drew every day just doesn't seem like anything I'd want to watch.

Very few people have that sort of persona that can draw people in every day. A host either has to have a little bit of star magic themselves, or, like the old Mike Douglas/Merv shows, be able to be almost invisible but there just enough to guide the spotlight to the guests.

I would have been more interested if Drew had done some sort of weekly Graham Norton type show. She seems like someone that could be relaxed and moderate a show that feels more like a party.

by Anonymousreply 509/16/2020

no one cares

by Anonymousreply 609/16/2020

Drew interviews Drew . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 709/16/2020

Hold on, is that Suffragette Yellow?

by Anonymousreply 809/16/2020

Ith muthard yellow, thilly.

by Anonymousreply 909/16/2020

Aligators in the sewer.

by Anonymousreply 1009/16/2020

So her show is just advertising for all her products for sale.

She's exhausting. An overgrown Valley Girl with vocal fry. Lacking an in-studio audience actually makes it easier to take, as we know she'd demand everyone hoot and whoo her every move, ala Rachael Ray. She's even more politically correct/find your spirit/empowering than the other frau shows.

Why are women so L'il Miss Hall Monitor? So glad I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 1109/16/2020

So how much did the little Empire State Building stunt cost?

by Anonymousreply 1209/16/2020

There’s a clip from her show doing the rounds on Twitter

It’s so fucking bad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1309/16/2020

She interviewed Reese Witherspoon and all I kept thinking was.... Reese would make the better host. She already has a book club and everything.

Who thought this was a good idea? Those queens that have been parasiting off her for three decades? They know who they are.

by Anonymousreply 1409/16/2020

If she’s smart about this she’ll approach her hosting duties as a character in a role she’s playing.

by Anonymousreply 1509/16/2020

It is terrible! This is going to kill her career

by Anonymousreply 1609/16/2020

Why do people hate her? Because she got addicted to substances when she was a kid?

by Anonymousreply 1709/16/2020

I don’t think people hate her at all, R17

The show is just terrible

by Anonymousreply 1809/16/2020

I like Drew, but it takes some talent and intelligence to interview people. Joan Rivers was surprisingly good at it (I know I'm typing old here). To be a good interviewer, you have to let your subject shine and the interviewer fades into the background a bit. You also have to actually listen to the answers and switch gears, if necessary. This is where James Lipton failed; he was well-researched but too stuck on his cards and original plan.

by Anonymousreply 1909/16/2020

So are actors, even successful ones, so thirsty for work they're starting to branch out into merchandising and publishing like GOOP? I really don't know but the market for this crap has to be saturated as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2009/16/2020

I watched the first half of the first episode. They threw everything AND the kitchen sink into this show. I really like Drew, but I was exhausted by the first commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 2109/16/2020

Bitch won't last a year.

by Anonymousreply 2209/16/2020

R2 - I'm stuck at home during a pandemic and not working. There's only so much mischief a boy can get into.

by Anonymousreply 2309/16/2020

I love her but the show is a mess. Not hopeless, but in need of someone who can give it shape, get rid of her awful monologs and that Drew's News segment,, and get her to stop fawning over her guests. She knows Jane Fonda so her geeking out over her during the interview was inexplicable and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2409/16/2020

[quote] An overgrown Valley Girl with vocal fry

I was about to say -- is Drew particularly New York? She seems all LA to me.

by Anonymousreply 2509/16/2020

I’m so sick of hearing about this talk show.

by Anonymousreply 2609/16/2020

I do like Drew. I wonder if she was one of the influences for the Alexis character in Schitt's Creek though.

by Anonymousreply 2709/16/2020

Is this a real show or a series on Apple+ like the Aniston and Witherspoon one?

by Anonymousreply 2809/16/2020

All of her life she has needed a gay stylist.

by Anonymousreply 2909/16/2020

R19, Joan Rivers was an intelligent, witty, highly educated woman.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 5:43 AM

She's no Ricki Lake.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 5:46 AM

[quote] You also have to actually listen to the answers

This Is where Jimmy Fallon fails miserably.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 5:53 AM

Not a hater, but did Drew receive any education at all beyond on set tutors? She seems like the kind of girl who would have flourished during a year long study abroad.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 5:54 AM

She's screechy when even slightly excited. So very annoying.

I do hope she gets it together. She is getting great guests but she needs to interview not just praise whoever is in front of her.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 6:13 AM

Im afraid this is going to be another Ellen show - constant ass kissing of guests and that the audience will be screaming the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 9:51 AM

who thought this was a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 10:52 AM

I love her but she's dumber than a box of hair, nearly Beyonce' level stupid. How can she helm a talk show? All those stay-at-home mommies who MIGHT watch her are too busy schooling little Wyatt and Olivia. The afternoon urban, black, Latino and mouth-breathing white people who feed at the trough of daytime television and trash doctor and judge shows will have zero interest. That isn't Drew's demographic to begin with. So, who's left? A smattering of gays and a handful of childless Gwenyth Paltrow types? That's hardly enough to get her to more than one, two seasons at most.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 11:08 AM

They should've given this time slot to Carnie Wilson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 11:42 AM

AND THAT’S CALLED “KICKING YOUR ASSTH!”

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 12:03 PM

She's very excited.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Thursday at 1:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!