Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How often do you brush you teeth?

I brush at least 4 times per day

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2020 8:34 AM

I brush infrequently. I use a Waterpik twice a day (on my dentist's recommendation). I know I should also brush but the Waterpik gets out crud a brush can't reach.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 4:35 PM

NEVER

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 4:38 PM

OCD, op?

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 4:38 PM

My routine is dental care once a day in the morning.

Waterpik with a water and Listerine mix

Then Sonic Care once for two minutes

Then Oral B once for two minutes

Then I'm done. I'm don't bush before bed, because I don't like the way it makes my mouth feel or taste in the morning. I also don't floss. Waterpik is better than floss.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 4:38 PM

I wouldn’t brag about it, OP. Brushing too often can cause problems like gum recession. And flossing is more important than brushing.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 4:41 PM

Morning: waterpik, sonic care, then rinse with closys antimicrobial mouthwash.

Bedtime: floss, waterpik, sonic care, closys.

I have gum disease and had to have a molar extracted and replaced with an implant. Fucking expensive. I never flossed or waterpiked until the diagnosis. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Teeth? What are teeth?

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:48 PM

I detest flossing! But it beats another gum tissue, tooth scrapping event. So I brush, floss and waterpik daily.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:49 PM

I'm like you, OP; I brush three to four times a day. I have an uncle who is a prosthodontist and he told me to cut back my flossing to only twice a day. I have veneers on my top teeth and crowns on the bottom and want to take care of them. Plus, oral health is tantamount to general health.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 4:53 PM

I brush at least twice a day, floss almost every night before bed, and usually every day or two use an electric scraper to get any gunk off my front teeth.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 4:59 PM

You’re all so mental brushing 4x a day. You’ll regret it when you’re teeth become overly sensitive.

That said, I’m glad you all devote so much time to oral care which is, of course, really important. You can over do it though.

And there is no substitute for flossing!

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 5:17 PM

Whitening rinse in the am, and brushing; anti-cavity Listerine complete and brushing, floss at night unless I pass out or something.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 5:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 5:19 PM

Once in the morning and once before bed.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 5:50 PM

I brush 2-3 times a day. At night I use interdental brushes dipped in hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria between teeth. I also floss once a day as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 5:56 PM

Morning: brush with an electric toothbrush. I end it with about 10 seconds of brushing my tongue. Bedtime: rinse with Listerine (no brushing) and use a tongue scraper. Floss: after every meal.

People tend to neglect the tongue.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 6:28 PM

i may have to check into the waterpick

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 6:34 PM

About once every four days

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 6:35 PM

Three times a day. Are use an Oral-B electric and also a Swedish toothbrush. It’s very soft. Anyone else here use a Swedish toothbrush?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 6:43 PM

Brush 2X/day, WaterPik 1X/day, floss almost every day. I just had my first dental visit in over a year (COVID, of course), and my teeth are fine. I only have one cap (for a cracked tooth) and one filling (just had it replaced) and all my own teeth.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 6:52 PM

I brush twice a day. The main reason for brushing is to take away the plaque which can lead to tooth disease. Plaque tends to grow every 12 hours, so twice a day is good.

I use a Waterpik and floss at night

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 6:59 PM

R19, I had never heard of this Swedish brush. Is it particularly good?

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 7:00 PM

once a week

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 7:14 PM

R22 I had never heard of them before until my friend bought me one. They are so soft and I actually enjoy brushing with them. Amazon sells them so maybe give them a try?

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 7:15 PM

I brush twice a day thoroughly using an electric toothbrush with a pressure sensor. I do a quick clean after I have eaten to get the particles out of the bracket. I use an interdental brush every day and a Waterpik three-four times per week. My dentist said my teeth are very clean so I m happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote]Known as “toothbrush abrasion,” overbrushing can lead to sensitive teeth and receding gums...Vigorous brushing can wear down the enamel on the teeth as well as damage and push back the gums, exposing the sensitive root area. Receding gums can also lead to other dental problems such as periodontal disease and cavities on the roots of the teeth and may lead to the need for treatments such as fillings, root canals and tooth extraction. According to the Wall Street Journal, dentists estimate that between 10 to 20 percent of the population have damaged their teeth or gums as a result of overbrushing.

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 8:08 PM

I was told by my dentist to brush twice, use a rinse inbetween or after meals and if I wanted to, I could use floss or a dental pick in between.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 8:17 PM

I had to have gingival grafts after my overzealous brushing had caused my gums to recede. They take strips of tissue from the roof of your mouth and sew them on the edge of your gums where they've receded. So I'm far less aggressive with the brushing as I once was.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 8:23 PM

It's not recommended to brush after you eat as the brush grinds acidic foods into your enamel. It's also much better to brush before bed then in the morning if you only brush once a day as food from the day sits on your teeth all night while you sleep. And brushing more than twice a day is too much and causes gum recession and enamel to wear away.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 8:39 PM

My dentist recommended a Waterpik because of my receding gums and possible gingivitis. After using it only a couple weeks, I could tell the difference. I'd brush my teeth and then use the Waterpik and bits would still come out from between my teeth! My next checkup was all good.

I'm not sure what brushing accomplishes if you use a waterpik...

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2020 8:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!