Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Jessica Lange steal the role of Patsy Cline from Meryl in Sweet Dreams?

How did she pull it off getting the job ahead of Meryl? Did Meryl suffer greatly?

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:27 AM

Thank God she did.

Don't need that bitch hamming it up as my friend.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 3:38 AM

Shut up Loretta. You were molested and married off as a child.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 3:41 AM

I thought she stole it from Beverly D'Angelo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 3:42 AM

The director, Karel Reisz, who had previously directed Meryl in "The French Lieutenant's Woman," and whom she considered a friend, chose Lange over Streep. Meryl was miffed: "Jessica did it better than any human being could possibly have done it. But I was pissed off."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 4:02 AM

I rather enjoyed Bev D'Angelo as Patsy in Coal Miner's Daughter. I thought it was a good performance.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 4:10 AM

My favorite part was when Charlie hits Patsy and then she flies into a mountain.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 4:16 AM

Oh, that's why M has been thrashing and damning that that French Lieutenant movie until these days.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:23 AM

Jess dear don't your falcons need tending?

(Jess: I want to be a falconer!)

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!