Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How long do you think we’ll be waiting for the election results?

I doubt anything will be called on Nov 3.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 1:44 AM

I pray it's a Biden landslide and they call it that night.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 9:27 PM

I will be going to bed by midnight and there damn well better be news of a President-Elect Biden.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 9:33 PM

It will have to be a crazy landslide to get a result by midnight.....

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 9:40 PM

I'm guessing sometime around Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 9:48 PM

Trump and his family will be on his plane to live in the middle east before the last polls close.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 10:20 PM

R5 Or Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 10:21 PM

I'm hopeful the networks will call the election by 10:30 PM EST.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 10:27 PM

I can't even take a guess since Trump will turn it into a circus.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 10:34 PM

I'm so afraid, but praying to any available god or goddess that it will be a clear Biden win early on. If it isn't, as has been noted here, Trump will make it a fucking travesty for months and maybe stay in.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 10:39 PM

If Biden wins Florida, the election can be called fairly early.

If he doesn't, it might take a while.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 10:45 PM

In Michigan they're saying it will take a few days to count votes.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 10:45 PM

I noticed that Constella or Minerva haven't weighed in here with their "Psychic" predictions.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 10:53 PM

I’m going out on a fantasy llimb and saying Biden unexpectedly wins big in the south and the rust belt won’t even matter.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote]I'm hopeful the networks will call the election by 10:30 PM EST.

If they do, there will be hell to pay. Remember when people stopped voting in the west when they called the race early for Reagan? Polls close in most of the west at 8PM Pacific Time.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 11:11 PM

I don't understand why it is a big deal to HAVE to know that night. So what if it takes a week or even two? I also don't understand why they keep acting like a bunch of states are going to be called as red on election night and then switch to blue later on; that isn't at all how that works. If there are so many votes still out, the networks just won't call those states at all. It isn't like they are going to call them one way and then flip flop later on. If there are still 1 million votes uncounted in a state and the difference between the two candidates is less than that, they'll just say it is too close to call. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 12:27 AM

I'm also not understanding the hand-wringing over getting the ballots delivered back to the election office. It isn't like they are going cross-country! All votes will be going back to their local county election office. That shouldn't take days and days. The normal absentee ballots coming from out-of-state or out-of-country could take a while, like always, but the vast majority of votes are going to be local absentee. People using prescription drugs and baby chickens are NOT the same thing because those things are coming from half way or more across the country. These votes will literally be going just a few miles.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 12:31 AM

Whoever's ahead Dec. 14th wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 12:31 AM

Ask Putin how long election will be dragged out. For all we know he'll fix it for Biden and poison Trump in mid-November.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 1:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!