Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jimmy Carter says a full investigation would show Trump lost in 2016

'He was put into office because the Russians interfered on his behalf,' Carter said.

Former President Jimmy Carter questioned the legitimacy of Donald Trump's presidency on Thursday, saying he would likely not be in the White House if the Russians did not interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

“I think a full investigation would show that Trump didn’t actually win the election in 2016. He lost the election, and he was put into office because the Russians interfered on his behalf,” the former president, who served between 1977 and 1981, said at a panel hosted by the Carter Center in Leesburg, Va.

Pressed by moderator and historian Jon Meacham on whether he believes Trump is an “illegitimate president,” Carter stared, and then said smiling, “Basically, what I said, I can’t retract.” Carter’s remark drew laughs from the audience and Meacham.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 7:08 PM

Fuck that candy assed loser.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 6:06 PM

He looks like my grandfater, who just turned 95!

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 6:07 PM

He is an illegitimate president and someone should say that to his face in an interview or debate and watch him froth at the mouth and hopefully self combust.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 6:07 PM

I'm with president Jimmy Carter on this one. I've heard a lot of people say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 6:15 PM

I love you, Jimmy Carter. You are right, absolutely right.

You are a genuine sweet, honest, man.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 6:17 PM

HE'S CORRECT!

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 6:20 PM

Well, he has no right to hold that office. Unfit - unfit - unfit!

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 6:20 PM

I love President Carter for saying this out loud!

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 6:20 PM

Doesn’t Carter still get security briefings?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 6:21 PM

Well, he’s not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 6:22 PM

[Quote] someone should say that to his face

We go hi!

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 6:29 PM

Remember that meeting that the senators attended and they excited all having seen a ghost. They were told what happened. An election stolen by the Russians!

And then a couple years later those FUCKERS did not impeach and remove.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Of course he lost. Think how much better off we'd be as a nation rather than the smoldering ruin we're becoming if the RepubliPutins hadn't stolen it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 6:34 PM

Today the patriotic American deplorable says he would rather be Russian than Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 6:35 PM

Trump is an illegitimate human being. He belongs with the lower animals in a cage.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2020 6:37 PM

Every time we have a Republican President it always ends in some kind of catastrophe due to stupid decisions that are being made by incompetent administrations. Look at the Iraq war and COVID for the lastest examples.

Vote blue, my friends!

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2020 6:37 PM

R15 Their would've never been a president Trump if it wasn't for Trumps grandfather, bringing his stupid ass back to America after Germany revoked his citizenship for trying to dodge military service to the country.

The Trumps were never supposed to be in America in the first fucking place. I blame Germany and Trumps loser grandfather for this mess.

The Trumps are all illegitimate to America. They have all only taken form the US and gave never contributed anything but heartache.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2020 6:43 PM

due to stupid decisions that are being made by incompetent administrations.

You mean greedy, Shirley. I suppose greedy is ultimately stupid though.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2020 6:46 PM

Racist hillbilly says what?

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2020 6:49 PM

Racist hillbilly says:

R16 is a little turd, not even worth the effort of flushing the toilet

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 7:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!