Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Using Deepfake to Better De-Age Robert De Niro in ‘The Irishman’

All those millions Netflix and Scorsese spent on this cutting edge technology and it gets upstaged by a guy on YouTube?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2020 6:45 PM

Look up the word "deepfake" and try to understand its meaning, and get back to us.

Idiocy is no excuse for offensiveness.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 5:36 PM

Can you do showbiz mothers?

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 5:36 PM

Thought it was John Goodman.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 5:37 PM

[QUOTE] Thought it was John Goodman.

😂 Frank Sheeran did look more like John Goodman than De Niro.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 5:40 PM

This guy doesn’t have access to the original footage so he’s starting with the already de-aged Deniro. Not really a direct comparison.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 5:43 PM

Couldn’t the special fx wizards working on the film also start with the same de-aged De Niro, R5? Who told them to stop?

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 5:47 PM

I imagine Scorsese told them to stop.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 5:53 PM

Everything about Hollywood is a shell game.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 5:53 PM

Could you imagine if the deepfake De Niro is what we actually saw in the movie? I would’ve been floored. Instead that blurry bullshit distracted me the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 5:56 PM

Couldn’t they just a madd one of them clones like they used in Lords of a Ring?

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 5:57 PM

The Netflix version doesn't even look like DeNiro. The Deepfake version does.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 5:57 PM

Admit this clip is impressive. However, what everyone said originally would still obtain: De Niro's even younger face would sit even more awkwardly on his more restrictive body movements.

All that said, the clip makes me want to see the film again.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 5:58 PM

[QUOTE] However, what everyone said originally would still obtain: De Niro's even younger face would sit even more awkwardly on his more restrictive body movements.

That’s because they made a mistake of using De Niro’s old creaky bones. They should’ve used a young body double and put De Niro’s de-aged and deepfaked face onto him.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 12:25 AM

[QUOTE] That’s because they made the* mistake of using De Niro’s old creaky bones.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2020 2:47 AM

There are a bunch of deepfake samples on youtube.

They definitely look better than the terrible CGI versions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2020 2:59 AM

Well why don’t the movie studios use it?

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2020 3:20 AM

You mean I can finally finish "Gypsy"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2020 3:33 AM

[quote]Well why don’t the movie studios use it?

I've wondered this myself.

It seems like movie studios don't want to open that can of worms for some reason. Most folks believe that deepfakes, AI learning, and hardware tech will have progressed sufficiently within the next 3-5 years to make it possible to create entire movies starring what looks like Marilyn Monroe and other dead celebrities. It creates all sort of legal, copyright, and licensing nightmares.

Also, I can imagine the vain celebrities DEMANDING that their entire performance use deepfakes to de-age them. Can you imagine a Streisand acting opposite some thirty-something actor, but being de-aged?

That said, I'd give anything for a deepfake version of Carrie Fisher if they promised to do right by Princess Leia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2020 6:06 PM

The deepfake Carrie Fisher is way better than the one they used in the movie. Maybe they didn't have the deep fake technology just a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2020 6:30 PM

Are these YT videos short?

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2020 6:45 PM

Are these YT videos short?

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2020 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!