Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard E Grant seems to be promoting these shirts on his twitter.

HARD pass, Richard.

Are YOU tempted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 12:06 AM

Difficult color.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote] Difficult color.

Pomegranate.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 4:28 PM

The fabric would make a nice tablecloth and napkins. I wouldn't ever wear such a pattern. PASS

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 4:33 PM

Does not work without a ponytail.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 4:35 PM

Hasn't he always been a semi-dandy?

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 4:38 PM

R4 My hair is long enough to put in a ponytail, and I still wouldn't want to wear one. Shirts with patterns like that look like something a sporty woman might wear. I'm also getting 80s French country vibes from it. I have a lesbian friend who would definitely wear it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 4:40 PM

A lot of people like Richard E. Grant more than I do. I've never been quite sure of why that is, on either end of the scale, but there you have it. I don't especially dislike him, I like some of the things that he has been in, he wasn't notably bad in them, he's just not a man that I would cast for anything, and in his documentary and travelogue sorts of work he doesn't come off much better with me.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 4:40 PM

I don't like him much either. I hated Withnail.

For a while, he was a bit of a star and it bugged me rather a lot.

He's a BAD actor.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote] Hasn't he always been a semi-dandy?

Semi?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 4:45 PM

He was rather enjoyable in his hotel documentary series. He went around hotels around the world with a film crew. It's been some times since I watched a few episodes but I vaguely remember him dressing pretty much like in OP's pic.

R9, real dandies take it further. Grant plays it safe.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]He was rather enjoyable in his hotel documentary series. He went around hotels around the world with a film crew.

I rather hate those things on TV - they end up interviewing really boring "hotel people" at great length and stuff like that...and some dull pastry maker in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 5:16 PM

Untucked shirttails look slovenly and undignified. It’s a disgrace to one’s honor and upbringing to appear thus attired in public.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 5:26 PM

Pic looks like Jane Lynch

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 5:43 PM

He was quite good in that thing where Melissa McCarthy played the lesbian writer who faked shit & sold it

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 5:45 PM

I liked him in the Spice Girls movie.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2020 5:55 PM

At least it's not a puffy shirt.

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2020 5:56 PM

It's pretty fucking poofy.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2020 5:59 PM

Dick looks like a dick in that hideous shirt.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2020 6:13 PM

I think the shirt would look good with a woven Guatemalan vest and a flute (or keyboard).

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2020 6:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 7:40 PM

Either this wallpaper goes, or I’m gonna make it into a dull blouse.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!