Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jared Padalecki’s Real-Life Wife Genevieve to Play his Mrs on The CW’s ‘Walker’ Series

Jared Padalecki and his real-life wife Genevieve Padalecki will be playing a married couple on The CW’s upcoming “Walker” series.

The reboot of the long-running CBS series “Walker, Texas Ranger” stars “Supernatural” leading man Jared Padalecki as Cordell Walker, a widower and father of two. Genevieve will play his late wife, Emily, in flashbacks. Emily is described by the network as a “strong, capable and generous” person, who is dedicated to “helping the disenfranchised.” She is a “grounded and authentic hero in the Walker family.”

Returning from years undercover, Walker begins fighting crime with a new partner, Micki (Lindsey Morgan), who is one of the only female Rangers in history, according to The CW’s description.

“Walker,” produced by CBS TV Studios, is filmed in Austin, Texas, where the Padaleckis live. The pair met on the set of “Supernatural” when Genevieve, née Cortese, played Ruby in Season 4. They were married in 2010 and share three children.

Genevieve has also starred in the television series “Wildfire” and “Flashforward.” Her most recent acting credit prior to “Walker” was in the 2012 drama film “Hated.”

This will be Jared’s first role after “Supernatural ” comes to an end with its 15th and final season this fall.

The original “Walker, Texas Ranger,” which starred Chuck Norris, ran from 1993-2001 on CBS. It was created by Albert S. Ruddy and Leslie Greif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2020 3:26 AM

Ugh.

Can't Jared or Jensen's wife get any acting jobs on their own?

They completely rely on their husbands for work.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 4:52 AM

He’s playing a widower — with his wife???

Wish fulfillmrnt, anyone???

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 4:54 AM

Of course they would have to completely re-write the character of Walker, just to accommodate Gen.

Danneel and Genevieve are SAD.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 5:01 AM

What age are his kids? You would think he'd want a break from 14 hour days at work.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 6:58 AM

Not sure how old the kids are, but here's a picture from this past Summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 7:03 AM

The younger boy looks a lot like Jared.

Is Genevieve gay friendly?

Or did they just want their chalkboard to be rainbow colored?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 7:06 AM

Maybe he's frightened to take time off work because he's an alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 7:06 AM

That thought totally ran through my mind, R7.

I wonder if the CW made it part of his contract, or if Gen insisted on being on set, to keep Jared centered.

It seems like he's a bit of a party animal.

Maybe she trusted Jensen to keep him in line in Vancouver, during Supernatural filming. But without Jensen there to watch over him, she's afraid that Jared might go wild.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 7:18 AM

Surely "dead wife" is only a cameo role?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 7:20 AM

R3 no, what's sad is the idiots who continually hate on the wives because you're faves aren't gay. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 7:31 AM

I was doubting the statement that there are few female Texas rangers. I found a Dallas Morning News article from this past August, and of 167 rangers, only 4 are women. So, yeah, there’s only a few.

I hated Walker, T. R. the first time around. This sounds even worse. You know the partners will eventually fall in love, they always do. What will the dead wife think?

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 7:36 AM

He's been working solidly since 2000 (Gilmore Girls). I agree, why do this shit?

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 7:39 AM

R12 maybe he's not getting any other offers.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 10:11 AM

[quote] He's been working solidly since 2000 (Gilmore Girls). I agree, why do this shit?

Um, because he's an ACTOR. And that's his job.

Most actors only WISH they could have worked as steadily as Jared has.

The guy has been constantly employed as an actor, since he was in his teens. And he's 37 now.

That's no easy feat.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 5:09 PM

R14 plus all the money from attending SPN cons.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 2:25 AM

I don't think that poster was wondering why Jared Padalecki isn't doing Shakespeare...

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 5:16 AM

[Quote] Can't Jared or Jensen's wife get any acting jobs on their own? They completely rely on their husbands for work.

I only know Gen from SPN (Katie's Ruby was better). But Danneel has had other projects while Supernatural was airing. So you're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 5:25 AM

Hope they stay married as long as the show lasts. Otherwise . . Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 5:28 AM

It's such a great time to be doing a series that glorifies law enforcement.

Kudos to you, Jared.

I'm looking forward to hearing about all your exploits with getting less than adoring wait service.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 5:52 AM

R17 Genevieve and Danneel are both of questionable talent as actors but Genevieve is worse because Danneel at least seems to have a sense of fun about her. Genevieve is just pretentious. She's really wooden as an actress. Katie Cassidy's Ruby was the better Ruby. With regards to the wife character, she's only supposed to be there in flashbacks, which is somehow even worse. Really? Flashbacks to the dead wife? The wife who was fridged and will part of an on going mystery plotline because she died in mysterious circumstances, I'm it'll be somehow related to a case of Walker's in the end just to make his life even more tragic. LOL Given the fact that nothing on the CW gets any kind of ratings, this thing may drag out for years because they won't cancel anything if they can manage to get a million people to watch it and in a season or 2, they'll have the vision of his dead wife give him and his female partner the go ahead to be together.

Plus the gay character is going to be conservative so that way Walker can still be right all the time by making his gay brother have the outdated, un-woke views.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 5:53 AM

[Quote] Danneel are both of questionable talent as actors

The same could be said about Jensen and Jared......

[Quote] The wife who was fridged and will part of an on going mystery plotline because she died in mysterious circumstances, I'm it'll be somehow related to a case of Walker's in the end just to make his life even more tragic.

Well Jared is used to playing tragic characters. I think R8 is onto something with Gen mainly being there to keep an eye on him.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 6:41 AM

R19 Texas Rangers - IRL - are more investigative than enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 7:03 AM

Source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 7:05 AM

[Quote] I'm looking forward to hearing about all your exploits with getting less than adoring wait service.

I hope he just starts using yelp instead like a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 10:13 AM

Jared IS a normal person, R24.

Many people suffer from depression.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 9:28 PM

R25 depression is not an excuse for being an asshole on twitter to people who work in the service industry.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2020 3:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!