Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Video shows 2 deputies ambushed, shot while inside patrol vehicle in Compton; suspect at large

After two deputies were shot and left in critical condition Saturday night, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department released surveillance footage that appears to show the shooting in Compton.

Three hours after shots were fired, the search for the shooter was ongoing, officials said.

The deputies were working with the department’s Transit Services Bureau and sitting inside a patrol vehicle parked near the Blue Line Metro station in Compton when the shooter approached them, according to the department.

They were parked along 101 East Palmer St., across from the station, when the gunman came up “from behind” just before 7 p.m., Captain Kent Wegner said during a news conference later Saturday night. He said the deputies were facing southbound, and the shooter walked up from the north.

“He walked along the passenger side of the car,” Wegner said. “He acted as if he was going to walk past the car. And then he made a left turn directly toward the car, raised a pistol and fired several rounds inside of the vehicle, striking both of the sheriff’s deputies.”

Both deputies were left in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds, officials said. They underwent surgery at St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood within four hours of the shooting.

One of the deputies is a 31-year-old woman who is married and has a 6-year-old son, and the other deputy is a 24-year-old man, according to Sheriff Alex Villanueva. He said they were both graduates of Class 437. On its Facebook page, the department posted a video of that class’s graduation ceremony at East Los Angeles College on July 11, 2019.

“They just graduated, and in fact, I swore them into office just 14 months ago,” Villanueva said. “These are real people doing a tough job, and it just shows the dangers of the job — in the blink of an eye.”

While the shooter remains at large, 14 homicide detectives and several other investigators are working to find them based off video collected from cameras in the area and a “very, very generic suspect description” given by the male deputy who was shot, Wegner said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2020 7:34 AM

Whatever Biden does, it is incumbent upon him and the Democrats to make a very strong statement against this violence against police, just as they made against violence against blacks. They need to strike Trump's key appeal down at the knees. If he doesn't look for continued strengthening of Trump support amongst suburban women and white working class that are needed to win.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2020 12:24 PM

[quote] Whatever Biden does, it is incumbent upon him and the Democrats to make a very strong statement against this violence against police, just as they made against violence against blacks. They need to strike Trump's key appeal down at the knees. If he doesn't look for continued strengthening of Trump support amongst suburban women and white working class that are needed to win.

Oh shut up. The only people who support criminality and lawlessness are Trump and his idiotic death cult members. Descent and sane public servants don’t support violence and crime. Biden and Harris have spoken out against violence multiple times. However, no one other than idiotic Republicans would believe they support violence against police.

Meanwhile right wing extremists continue to commit violent acts. Trump continues to encourage and defend them. While Republicans are silent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2020 12:39 PM

Far-Right ‘Boogaloo Boys’ Are Trying to Incite Violence at Protests

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2020 12:42 PM

R2, live in your elitist east coast world. The rural areas, which were coming around to Biden are deathly afraid of BLM and will vote Trump just to feel safe. Absolutely no one is hearing about the right wing white extremists, because the Dems are ignoring them. Biden needs his Sister Soulja moment or he will lose. From the NYT:

I’ve heard people lay the blame on the African-American community not supporting Hillary strongly enough, but I don’t buy it,” Terry Noble, the chairman of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party’s rural caucus, told me. “Rural Pennsylvania went crazy for Trump. They literally came out of the hills.”

In the lead-up to this November’s election, there has been a focus on the suburbs. If you listen to cable news for any length of time, you’re likely to hear some pundit say, “It’s all about the suburbs.”

Mr. Trump’s 1950s-sounding appeals to “suburban housewives” — as well as his racist pitch that Mr. Biden will flood their pleasant neighborhoods with low-income housing — accentuate the feeling that the suburbs are what matters most.

But if the election is close again, rural voters — not just in Pennsylvania but in other battleground states — may decide its outcome.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2020 12:58 PM

Fuck off concern troll!

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2020 1:01 PM

I hate the police. Always act like everyone is guilty and they are never wrong. Love the power and that’s why they become police. Usually stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2020 1:06 PM

Fort Apache: the Bronx Lives!

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2020 1:13 PM

Shooter looks/runs like a munchkin...

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2020 1:20 PM

IN REGARDS TO Pennsylvania.. i never understood how trump won that state... what i mean is nearly the entire state's population is in philly and pittsburgh, both cities overwhelming voted democratic... so even if every single rural voter in the remainder of that state voted 100% republican and for trump how do their smaller numbers overcome the 2 big cities of philly and pittsburgh voting dems?...

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2020 1:24 PM

PA has 3 million rural residents

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2020 1:36 PM

The suburbs of Philly and Pitt are often quite right-wing

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2020 1:36 PM

That's the second highest rural population after Texas.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2020 1:36 PM

PA has a hate for women.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2020 1:39 PM

R10, R11, R12... thanks for the information, i had no idea the demographics and population of Pennsylvania.... i figured 3 million and metro area in philly and pittsburgh individually or combined and NOTHING NO population in between and in the rest of the state..

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2020 1:40 PM

If the cops find that guy he's getting killed.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote]Descent and sane public servants don’t support violence and crime

It's a matter of perception, not personal opinion. Mayor Wheeler of Portland run out of his home and Dem-run city leaders more worried about political fallout than public order are not optics that instill confidence. It is those optics that will spring to voter mind in November.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2020 1:50 PM

It has nothing to do with a summer of anticop demonstrations, riots and destruction of police stations, and calls to "defund" the police. Nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2020 2:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2020 2:51 PM

[Quote] The protesters have been connected to the Black Lives Matter movement on Twitter but that has not been officially confirmed.

Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2020 2:53 PM

They need to enhance the video. Was he wearing shorts?

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2020 2:55 PM

Metro area Pittsburgh is about ~2 million and most of that votes Republican. Pittsburgh makes up only about 30Ok of that 2 million.

BTW protestors are outside the hospital chanting "we hope they die". Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2020 2:57 PM

Well, it was definitely planned. Nobody is wearing that many clothes in SoCal right now. There's something about the video that makes me think it's a young woman. The body shape, the stance - it doesn't look like a male.

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2020 2:59 PM

I need a sarcasm font.

But it only goes to show what passes for reasonable argument here that someone would take me at face value.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2020 3:08 PM

That's exactly what I thought R22. Reminded me of the Soft Butch Sous Chef.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2020 3:10 PM

Apologies r23. There are nutcases here who would push exactly that line.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2020 3:24 PM

R24 - Bingo - I thought Soft Butch Sous Chef as well.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2020 3:26 PM

BLM.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2020 3:27 PM

That person looks like a dwarf, and I’m not sure it’s a male. Whatever it is, it’s not a strapping young male.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2020 3:29 PM

There was a video of protesters, looked like standard antifa, blocking and yelling at a very elderly woman with a walker. These are in part mentally ill people. But they are intentionally breaking down normal societal expectations. Protesting that you are happy a policeman is dieing, shining dangerous lasers at police, etc. They are Pol Pot, or Islamic State level of crazy sadism. It's a joy in carrying out the worse forms of violence or degradation of others. In a revolutionary state they would become guards at camps or torturers. They are associated in an increasingly large numbers of the populace with BLM. Not fair entirely but BLM as an organization has been cagey and dishonest. It is a revolutionary leftist organization. The Democratic mayor and prosecutor in Portland especially are severely hurting the national ticket. We have several months to go, everyday it gets worse despite what polls from a week ago may tell us. People lie, btw, on polls especially when supporting a right-wing candidate like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2020 3:44 PM

It has EVERYTHING to do with what has been going on this summer. This what happens when societies break down and people feel they can commit crimes and act violently with impunity. It just escalates until the pushback becomes exactly what you've been fighting and bitching about all along. You create the thing you oppose. Only I think there are people and movements that welcome this escalation and breakdown.

Of course Biden has to condemn this as does Harris. It doesn't matter how many times he has condemned violence generally in the past. He must continue to do it repeatedly and do it specifically for events like this. Not only for the election but because it's the right thing to do.

That reporter was interfering with an arrest by rushing forward into the scene. I don't care if she had proper press credentials or not - you cannot interfere with an arrest. That is not what freedom of the press means. I know what it's like to stand and be witness to a police event to ensure it is recorded accurately and for the police to know they are being watched. It does not give you license to disobey the cops. Period.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2020 3:57 PM

R30, i think he needs to do more than condemn. At this point, he should come out with a plan for how he would quell the violence.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2020 4:08 PM

Good point, R31.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2020 4:10 PM

Nonsense. No "optics" to be seen on the other side except Derek Chauvin

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2020 4:44 PM

A couple of more incidents like that and Trump will get re-elected. People vote for safety and order over personal rights

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2020 5:13 PM

It was probably other cops

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2020 5:16 PM

I still say it looks like a young boy or woman.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2020 5:25 PM

r34 you don't need "a couple more" I think this is enough. People are fed up with all of this.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2020 5:27 PM

It's never the ones who deserve it, like the asshole heads of the various police unions. Whack one of them.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2020 5:27 PM

This is very sad. These cops were very young and new to the force. I think they were just on parking ticket patrol.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote]as well as his racist pitch that Mr. Biden will flood their pleasant neighborhoods with low-income housing

Nobody, not even the most woke liberal people, want ghetto blacks living anywhere near them.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2020 5:35 PM

Killing cops, senseless killing in general is not OK. Not for cops, not for citizens. Both cops were under 35. I think the female cop was 24 and a new graduate. It's really sad, all of it.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2020 5:37 PM

Biden must be thrilled about this

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2020 5:38 PM

DL detectives what if this wasn't a race related crime at all but a jealous lover of one of the cops. Perhaps these two young recent grads were having an affair or someone merely suspected it and that was the cause of the shooting? Wouldn't that be a strange twist?

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2020 5:39 PM

I just flipped by cnn and msnbc. Nothing about this.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2020 5:40 PM

r40 - this is true. There is a town nearby, in a neighboring state that is most definitely as liberal as it gets. They have to have low income housing put in due to state rules, and whenever it's discussed on facebook, the residents use excuses like "traffic congestion" and parking issues, as reasons for not wanting it in town..A few are always more bold and discuss property values diminishing....these are the same people that have "hate has no home here" signs. They are practically begging for this project to be put on the very edge of town if it's forced upon them.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2020 6:06 PM

r35, no kidding. Who do they think shot that right wing shitstain in Portland?

This is either cops trying to start shit, cops trying to stop shit, or the FBI making its move. Some rando will get blamed, but this is all going to keep happening.

Agree w above poster about Biden coming up with a solid plan to end all this violence. The whole West Coast is burning to the ground. How 'bout we deal with that at some point?

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2020 7:13 PM

R36 I was thinking the same - but not a woman. Looks like a kid or midget. Unless the car was an SUV. When he approaches the vehicle his (I think it’s a male) height looks to be as high as the car window.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2020 7:21 PM

Maybe it's a midget trying to start a race war....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2020 7:34 PM

It's probably payback for all the killings have been doing to blacks over the centuries, Defunding the paramilitary police forces would be a good start.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2020 7:35 PM

A lot of comments on other websites are concurring with the female/kid theory.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote] Killing cops, senseless killing in general is not OK.

*eyeroll*

Frau alert!

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2020 7:47 PM

Calm the fuck down! Cops get ambushed. Cops get killed when they go to domestic violence scenes.

But the body count of dead cops per year is one tenth of the civilians executed without trial.

America thinks killing is a solution to everything. Trump, trust me, will bring back public executions if he is elected again. He has promised it.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2020 7:53 PM

Woman for sure. Look at that booty.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2020 8:13 PM

Perp runs like Quasimodo.

by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2020 8:17 PM

No, Boris @ r1, this is not Biden's fault or his responsibility.

We'll consider voicing an obvious condemnable act when ANY Republican condemns the ongoing crimes, atrocities, neglect and incompetence of Donald Trump and the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2020 8:27 PM

R8, I had the same thought and I also thought it could be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2020 8:28 PM

R54, his pants are falling off.

by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2020 10:03 PM

Fight fire with fire.

by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2020 10:12 PM

"Ambushed LA Cops Were Shot Near Compton Police Station Linked To Alleged ‘Gang’ Of Rogue Officers"

I strongly doubt the woman deputy was part of The Executioners. Those idiots usually hate women.

by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2020 10:17 PM

[quote]There was a video of protesters, looked like standard antifa, blocking and yelling at a very elderly woman with a walker. These are in part mentally ill people. But they are intentionally breaking down normal societal expectations. Protesting that you are happy a policeman is dieing, shining dangerous lasers at police, etc. They are Pol Pot, or Islamic State level of crazy sadism.

The protestors are giving on-the-fence voters a legitimate excuse to vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2020 10:23 PM

These kind of attacks on cops give credence to their claims that they have to shoot when suspects don't follow commands, because their lives are always in danger.

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote] I still say it looks like a young boy or woman.

That's what gangs do. They recruit and get the young ones to do the executions. That's because they will be treated as juvenile for the most part and face considerably less punishment. Most places can't hold a juvenile in the system past their 21st birthday no matter what the crime was and that includes murder and rape. That's why the gangs and drug dealers were called predatory. That's why back communities and their leaders wanted tougher sentences for those criminals and lots more police on the streets of their communities.

by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote]Whatever Biden does, it is incumbent upon him and the Democrats to make a very strong statement against this violence against police

What Biden needs to do is the right thing and denounce police violence and their routine murder of black men.

You can't systematically oppress people of color and kill them with impunity and expect no reaction. When cops aren't killing BIPOC, they are putting BIPOC in the position of having to fight back just to not be routinely murdered. The police are the problem. It's time to defund.

Unfortunately, a lot more people are probably going to suffer before this gets sorted, because white people use the police as a security service to enforce white supremacy. Amy Cooper was not an anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2020 10:40 PM

Many many working class Blacks are calling for maintaining police presence in their communities.

by Anonymousreply 64September 13, 2020 11:02 PM

Voting for Trump as the bringer of law and order because you’re scared is not rational. All this violence and unrest IS Trump’s America. A vote for him is only going to bring more of the same (likely much worse).

by Anonymousreply 65September 13, 2020 11:02 PM

I do think there is an argument to be made that cops are more aggressive because they have to assume that everyone is armed, however, we've seen case after case of cops acting aggressively & killing people who were clearly no threat (or could've been easily subdued by non-lethal means).

by Anonymousreply 66September 13, 2020 11:07 PM

That’s a dwarf/little person, or a kid. If Bushwick Bill weren’t dead already, I’d suspect it was him.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2020 11:21 PM

R31, any idea what a plan to quell the violence would involve?

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2020 11:33 PM

How to quell the violence? Social workers, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2020 11:35 PM

Just joining the chorus that Biden needs to shut this shit down ASAP. The optics are detrimental. You can craft as many abstract rationalizations as you want about systemic racism and profiling. The average American sees things in a very binary way. One side is condemning criminals and calling for law and order. The other side is celebrating anarchy and supporting criminals.

You can go on and on about the Access Hollywood bus and Trump’s repulsive Twitter, but Americans are faced with a very unfair choice this election.

And law and order will always win out.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2020 11:35 PM

It was a rhetorical question, R69.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2020 11:38 PM

Trumps America.

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2020 11:39 PM

[quote]Just joining the chorus that Biden needs to shut this shit down ASAP.

He can't - it would upset his base for Biden to try to do that.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2020 11:40 PM

R61, how is an ambush like converging on a suspect with five or six cops?

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote] Just joining the chorus that Biden needs to shut this shit down ASAP. The optics are detrimental. You can craft as many abstract rationalizations as you want about systemic racism and profiling. The average American sees things in a very binary way. One side is condemning criminals and calling for law and order. The other side is celebrating anarchy and supporting criminals. You can go on and on about the Access Hollywood bus and Trump’s repulsive Twitter, but Americans are faced with a very unfair choice this election. And law and order will always win out.

Too that bad no one else is as equally impressed with your idiotic trolling as you are.

Trump’s Focus on ‘Law and Order’ Not Working

September 4, 2020 at 7:28 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 64 Comments

A new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds a significant majority of Americans believe President Trump’s rhetoric on the unrest in parts of the country is making matters worse — with even members of his own party divided on his approach.

“Over half of the country — 55% — in the new poll said they think Trump is aggravating the situation, while just over one in 10 Americans, 13%, said they think he is making it better.”

“Among his base, 30% of Republicans say the president is improving the situation, compared to 26% who say he’s having an adverse impact. Only 18% of white, non-college educated Americans, another core constituency for the president, believe he is having a positive effect on the protests, while 41% view his comments on the demonstrations amid the debate over racial equality as having a negative influence.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2020 12:20 AM

You go, R75!

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2020 12:23 AM

Biden's statement, quoted from the Washington Post:

“Acts of lawlessness and violence directed against police officers are unacceptable, outrageous, and entirely counterproductive to the pursuit of greater peace and justice in America — as are the actions of those who cheer such attacks on,” Biden said in a statement Sunday afternoon. “Those who perpetrate these crimes must be brought to justice, and, if convicted, face the full brunt of the law.”

Not bad, but it would have been stronger if he had added something like: "Violence targeted against law enforcement is violence against the peace and safety of American society. In my administration, anyone who commits such acts, or credibly threatens such acts, will be prosecuted to the extent of the law. As a candidate, I categorically repudiate such behavior and disavow the support of anyone who advocates for it. Take your vote somewhere else or stay home. I don't want you on my side."

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2020 12:34 AM

r77, I would add that he needs to specifically order anyone who supports him not to attack police.

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2020 12:48 AM

Feels false flag to me.

by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2020 12:48 AM

His supporters would be furious at that, r78. He said as much as he can say without risking a huge part of his base.

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2020 12:49 AM

That's a dumb fucking idea, R77.

"Hey Democrats, don't shoot cops!" sounds like the party is admitting Democrats are responsible for shooting cops, when they're not.

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2020 12:55 AM

The shooter could be a Boogaloo...

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2020 1:16 AM

I think it's a teen, young under 15. Gang initiation.

$100,000 reward for information

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2020 1:34 AM

If you’re in Compton, there’s a 99.9% chance that you’re going to get shot. How did these cops get ambushed?

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2020 2:06 AM

It was Compton. It is terrible and the criminal should be brought to justice ASAP. But it is not the first time this has gone down in communities like that.

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2020 2:17 AM

BUSHWICK BILL

by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2020 2:32 AM

R62 That's why Bill Sikes recruited Oliver Twist.

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2020 3:55 AM

All of this shit is happening under T R U M P. Some of you sound like the psycho morons who tried to unleash all of Bush's shit onto Obama including some idiots who tried to blame him for 9/11,

This is all happening on Trump's watch. All of it. Biden has ZERO to do with this.

Years of fomenting hate and racial and religious division. Scum of the earth. Hateful clown who has no idea what it is to be a leader. Absolute shithead with shithead supporters and enablers.

by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2020 4:54 AM

R82 in Compton 😂

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2020 4:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2020 6:18 AM

Bill Melugin from Fox 11 posted a photo of the female officer after she'd stumbled out of the car. She was shot in jaw and drenched in blood. I won't link because it's graphic and upsetting, it's on his Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2020 6:27 AM

Witnesses down the street laughing and not calling 911 after the shooting. Make fun of the cop who stumbles out of the car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 14, 2020 6:30 AM

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- An officer was shot in north St. Louis City Sunday night after an attempted traffic stop.

Officials with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department said officers were trying to pull over an older model red Impala with no plates at around 9:20 p.m. The car pulled over but then sped off and the officers followed. The people inside the car then started shooting at the officers in the area of 20th Street and Prairie Ave.

Hayden said officers found the car but no one was inside. The suspect(s) is still at large.

This is the ninth officer shot in the city this year. Just two weeks ago, officer Tamarris Bohannon was shot and killed in the city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 14, 2020 6:45 AM

You can post all of the nonsense you want, but "Police officer" isn't even in the top ten of most dangerous jobs, it's just that the media focuses on them like when a white girl goes missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 14, 2020 6:48 AM

R94 What do you do for a living? What money do you pay your bills with?

by Anonymousreply 95September 14, 2020 11:39 AM

R92 That's an unacceptable used of the N-Word in that video.

by Anonymousreply 96September 14, 2020 12:05 PM

R96 ????

by Anonymousreply 97September 14, 2020 12:08 PM

[quote] I won't link because it's graphic and upsetting

You realize this is Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 98September 14, 2020 1:14 PM

R90, Biden is a piece of shit man.

by Anonymousreply 99September 14, 2020 1:20 PM

Why violent interactions between cops and blacks won't be stopping anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2020 1:21 PM

Compton seems like a horrible place.

by Anonymousreply 101September 14, 2020 1:22 PM

R88, Oh fuck off. This started happening annually during Biden and Obama’s time in office.

by Anonymousreply 102September 14, 2020 1:23 PM

R77, If he’s not making that statement during a nationally televised speech then what is even the point? Nobody is going tor read all that shit.

by Anonymousreply 103September 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Compton is a hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 104September 14, 2020 1:27 PM

Did the cops describe the attacker as male, because the figure in the video looks female to me.

Also I’m curious to know what race the attacker is, I feel like this is was done to incite violence.

by Anonymousreply 105September 14, 2020 1:27 PM

R102 It has always happened, much less frequently now than at any other time in history.

Police departments now are far beyond the departments of the 70s and 80s, decades of reforms (and cheap and ubiquitous camera equipment) have made police shootings of unarmed people a rarity.

The guys BLM keeps protesting for keep being shot while actively attacking the police and usually have long rap sheets full of violent assaults. The police don't go out shooting willy nilly because they enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 106September 14, 2020 1:27 PM

R106, I’m talking about the intense media focus on these incidents and the national supporting of the riots that ensue. Ferguson was when I remember it starting in the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 107September 14, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote]Did the cops describe the attacker as male, because the figure in the video looks female to me.

It's a trans person of color.

by Anonymousreply 108September 14, 2020 1:33 PM

R88, Were you asleep during Obama’s second term where mass shootings/terror attacks and BLM riots were a monthly occurrence?

by Anonymousreply 109September 14, 2020 1:37 PM

R107 Oh the policial agitation focused on an imaginary epidemic of police wantonly murdering young black men. That is the Obama administration.

I think the monster they created has long since grown a mind of its own and escaped the lab. They were just supposed to get out the base for the 2014 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 110September 14, 2020 1:38 PM

Well, since this is Datalounge and we're all jaded cunts, here's the female cop about a minute after being shot multiple times.

She managed to stay standing, call for help, and apply a tourniquet to her partner all while looking this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 14, 2020 1:47 PM

The poor shots make me think this was maybe a kid recruited to do it. An experienced shot would not have left both cops alive and mobile.

by Anonymousreply 112September 14, 2020 2:10 PM

Quite extraordinary lady

by Anonymousreply 113September 14, 2020 2:12 PM

Isn’t Compton like gang-central?

by Anonymousreply 114September 14, 2020 2:13 PM

Democrats are deflecting blame and trying to blame this on”Boogoloos”.

The country will not forget this.

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2020 2:19 PM

R114 Yes. Compton and Southside Chicago are the gang warfare capitals of America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2020 2:29 PM

Compton is a community and has real people with real lives. They go to church and eat out. They play sports and graduate from high school, and even go on to college!

Many of the poorest communities in the L.A. area are roiled by over-policing, poor schools, pollution from unchained industry, slumload predation, etc.

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2020 4:00 PM

R117, that’s just the thing that people forget about in all this. There are decent people in Compton who are down on their luck and trying to get out. Limited policing in those areas makes their lives riskier. It’s an easy thing to say when you live in a gated community that police should be defunded.

by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2020 4:25 PM

R117 That's not the question that got asked.

People in Compton are people, just like everybody else. Violence in Compton is known internationally, it is not a secret.

by Anonymousreply 119September 14, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote]It’s an easy thing to say when you live in a gated community that police should be defunded.

Calling all white liberals....calling all white liberals....

by Anonymousreply 120September 14, 2020 4:59 PM

The suspect in the video looks like a kid.

by Anonymousreply 121September 15, 2020 12:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 15, 2020 1:20 AM

The shooter is an adolescent.

by Anonymousreply 123September 15, 2020 1:48 AM

The shooter passed his initiation requirement for gang membership He's earned the respect of his peers.

by Anonymousreply 124September 15, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote] The shooter is an adolescent

Not necessarily

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 15, 2020 2:38 AM

I was hoping the DL Detective Agency would have solved this by now.

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2020 1:09 AM
by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2020 2:06 AM

R117 over policing yet still so much crime that runs rampant? I grew up in a poor, brown and black neighborhood in Bklyn that people today would call over policed. It wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2020 2:13 AM

Court TV described the shooter as a black adult male.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2020 2:32 AM

The suburbs are over-policed, where they have time to write you tickets for parking the wrong way. Inner cities never are.

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2020 2:33 AM

The suburbs are over-policed, where they have time to write you tickets for parking the wrong way. Inner cities never are.

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2020 2:33 AM

Los Angeles-area authorities worked Tuesday to apprehend a suspected armed carjacker in a standoff amid suspicions he could be connected to the shooting of two sheriff's deputies over the weekend, according to media

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva told several news outlets that the suspect is not linked to the ambush shooting of two transit deputies in Compton Saturday. However, KNBC-TV reported that multiple law enforcement sources said detectives are increasingly confident the suspect, who led authorities on a car chase Tuesday, is connected.

During the chase, the suspect reportedly jumped out of the vehicle and ran into a home in the Los Angeles suburb of Lynwood.

Deputy Juanita Navarro-Suarez told City News Service that the department could not confirm whether the suspect is connected to the attack on her fellow deputies.

“At this time, it’s just a carjacking suspect, but it’s really important that we apprehend him and ID him to see if there’s any nexus with the ambush,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2020 3:01 AM

Nexus is a word you don't hear much.

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2020 6:46 AM

[quote]The suburbs are over-policed, where they have time to write you tickets for parking the wrong way.

There low crime rate shows the importance of zero-tolerance when it comes to infractions of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2020 9:29 PM

Their

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2020 9:29 PM

The suspect didn't look tall enough to drive a car.

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2020 10:30 PM

The suspect evading police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2020 10:34 PM

They teach the cop spokespeople words like "nexus" in between the seminars on how to downplay torture.

by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2020 11:19 PM

R138 eats his own shit daily

by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2020 12:42 AM

That's the kind of intelligent comment I'd expect from a cop, R139. Any other pearls of wisdom? wit? facts?

by Anonymousreply 140September 17, 2020 1:57 AM

Tiresome R138.

by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2020 7:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!