Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Trans have declared WAR on Gina Carano

For mocking pronouns on social media handles.

She declared her pronouns “Boop/bop/beep.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2020 2:51 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2020 11:52 AM

Henry Cavill’s ex beard. Lol

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2020 11:55 AM

Good, this shit is getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2020 12:01 PM

Pedro Pascal surely can't be straight, right?

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2020 12:04 PM

The new virtual classroom we use at my college has gender pronouns listed after everyone’s name. You select your preferred pronoun or can leave it blank. At first I left it blank because I’m like, obviously a “he”. But I noticed all the other faculty and students were using it so I just added it back in. Feels stupid but I guess it’s a sign of respect for those who need to clarify one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2020 12:04 PM

I only know bop from that Steven Soderbergh film boop did where boop had lots of fights with Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Mathieu Kassovitz, Michael Angarano, Bill Paxton, Antonio Banderas, and Michael Douglas.

Boop might have fucked one of them two.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2020 12:06 PM

However if anyone ever refers to me as “cis” I will make a scene and act offended. Cis should not be forced upon those of us that are gender obvious and I think it’s meant to be a subtle put down by trans folk.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2020 12:07 PM

I think it’s fucking hilarious, and wish she had committed to the jest. “That’s how I identify. I’m not constricted to a trinary model of gender identities. Fuck you, TERF.”

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2020 12:08 PM

R7, that one really offends me. I’m not the outlier who requires special terminology.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2020 12:09 PM

People are already calling for her to be fired from Mandalorian.

I personally think it’s a stupid hill for her to die on, but hey, it’s her career.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2020 12:10 PM

MUST DESTROY COMEDY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2020 12:14 PM

Call me a coward but I'm no JK Rowling. I can't afford to stand to well funded trans bullies.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2020 12:25 PM

Who cares? I don’t even know who this lowlife woman is.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2020 12:27 PM

Datalounge needed another COVID-denying, Trump-loving, QAnon angel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2020 12:34 PM

[Quote] I’m not the outlier who requires special terminology.

Gays are outliers.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2020 1:08 PM

They clearly need new eye prescriptions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2020 1:22 PM

All of us are different in some way. Should alcoholics force people who aren't alcoholics to call themselves "non-alkies"? Should paraplegics insist those who aren't go by the term "ambulatories"? Should people who don't have missing limbs be termed "all-theres"?

What supposedly makes trans people so fucking special and precious?

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2020 1:25 PM

R16 thats fucking hilarious

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2020 1:47 PM

R16 I love how utterly self obsessed they are

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2020 2:48 PM

The Trans can kindly go fuck themselves with their 'ladydicks' into their bearded lady mouths.

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote] Gays are outliers.

Way too many men suck cock for that to be true anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2020 4:36 PM

Bravo! Everyone should be mocking this pronoun BS!

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2020 4:51 PM

R22 but they don't 🙁

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2020 7:09 AM

No R7, it’s just a way to refer to you in relation to a transgendered person. How ridiculous that you’d be offended.

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2020 7:31 AM

I'm not putting them in. They are ridiculous. I won't be swayed EVER.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2020 7:39 AM

I think the T-Gals are overplaying their hands.

They are overrating themselves and their power, making enemies left right and center, and that’s always a very bad political strategy for a minority group [especially as it’s as tiny as the Transgender population].

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2020 7:58 AM

And here I thought pronouns were for the non-binary idiots.

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2020 9:50 AM

This is so dumb. Gina is a goddess.

The pronoun and labeling thing is so lame. I miss the 90's when everyone was all, "I don't need a label to define myself." Now everyone wants a fucking special name tag.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2020 10:08 AM

This is a very anglosaxon thing. It's very rare on profiles that are not form the USA or Uk.

And most people are not going to put their pronouns in their profiles anyway. It seems a way to push a majority to do what a minority want them to do and that never works.

The same way people should respect and not mock people who put their pronouns in their profiles

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2020 10:16 AM

R29, people who put "their" pronouns in their profiles are fucking assholes. Not only are they stupid, but they're trying to impose this bullshit on the rest of us. The pronouns to be used for 99.9% of humanity are glaringly obvious. If in the context of a personal encounter someone gets the pronouns of the person they're communicating with "wrong" then they can be "corrected". Idiots putting "their" profile in their social media profiles for complete strangers they're never going to have any encounter with deserve to be mocked, especially since, aside from the trans, who are always very obvious, 99.9% of people's pronouns coincide with their physical gender.

Society shouldn't be forced to accept junk social science theories just because the identities of a tiny, negligible nano-minority don't match with their physical bodies.

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2020 11:09 AM

^ "Idiots putting "their" pronouns in their social media profiles..."

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2020 11:09 AM

No R30, it just shows that a person has an awareness of the world beyond the end of their own nose, something you seem incapable of and threatened by. Poor you.

by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2020 11:22 AM

The one who has little awareness of what's really going on in the world is you, r32.

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2020 12:35 PM

Gasp!

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 4:48 PM

That is hysterical. I wish I would have thought of it.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 4:59 PM

I keep seeing trans / non-binary scolds in blue check Twitter post responses "politely" nagging whoever to add pronouns to their bio. If they get refused - or worse, feel as if they are being mocked for this Very Serious Thing that could Literally Kill Trans People by Invalidating Them, the lunatics and sock accounts come out of the woodwork to bully, harass, shame, and threaten.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] No [R7], it’s just a way to refer to you in relation to a transgendered person. How ridiculous that you’d be offended.

How ridiculous it is that you think everybody else should identify themselves from a Tranny POV.

Are you boys this desperate?

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote] it’s just a way to refer to you in relation to a transgendered person. How ridiculous that you’d be offended.

How about just trying to relate to others? Trying to force others to use & misuse their language based on YOUR POV shows an inability to relate to others.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2020 5:51 PM

So r38, the whole of humanity which doesn't use the term "cis" and has never used it for the entirety of history, a very recent made-up term that has no equivalent in any language other than English, has an inability to relate to others if they don't use some stupid term to describe themselves that is used by probably only 0.0001% of the global population?

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 10:11 PM

R37 the trans have to be "centered" in everything or they will literally kill themselves!!!

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2020 3:17 PM

Seems like it's actually non-binaries (who are usually ciswomen) not trans women who are offended, OP.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2020 3:19 PM

In general though I am so over ciswomen.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2020 3:19 PM

"cis" is the worst term, nobody takes it seriously. At least come up with appealing useless, nonsense terminology if you want it to catch on.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2020 3:25 PM

But it's based in Science!

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2020 3:31 PM

If you would like the word cis to be used less, then try to draw as little distinction as possible between ciswomen and women.

by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote]"cis" and has never used it for the entirety of history, a very recent made-up term that has no equivalent in any language other than English

It literally comes from Latin. I agree with the reply that said this is a weird hill to die on. Her response is a bit Trumpy for my taste, but I also have no interest in putting my pronoun in my social profiles. As a public figure, she just just say something like "ok, I understand now. thanks" and let it go.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2020 3:36 PM

R5 Pathetic. Grow a spine, hun.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2020 3:38 PM

R7, r9, r17 etc ever heard of the word ‘straight’? Used to refer to persons who are not gay. Who are in the majority of the class yet there’s still a descriptive word? I’m sure I’ve read some uninspired complaints from certain ppl in the past bemoaning the term. That’s who you sound like.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2020 3:59 PM

Just like the term cisgender, pronouns are a tactic to make biology seem like a suggestion rather than a truth.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2020 4:11 PM

You girls are just revealing yourselves.

I would call you idiots. But that would just insult idiots. Grow the fuck up. It is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2020 4:58 PM

They are dying.

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2020 7:00 PM

She pissed off some Cavill stans with this post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote] It literally comes from Latin.

So does the n-word.

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2020 8:28 PM

R45, your lack of biology is showing. Such an idiotic comment. There are women: born to the sex, genetic women. There are men; born to the sex, genetic men. There are very rare genetic conditions causing intersex conditions.

Then there are others. The others can invent their own jargon, re-create the image of themselves into something different, live their lives. But they don't get to redesign society as their pretend world.

Woman = woman. There is no such thing as "cis". Surgery, hormones, feelings don't make a man into a woman.

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2020 8:37 PM

R54 the distinction between sex and gender solves your issue. They typically (but not necessarily) correlate. Voila.

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2020 8:53 PM

The whole point of pronouns is to make conversational and written text easier to follow. They aren’t there to reinforce anyone’s apparently fragile self esteem. THAT’S what you want people to remember about you? Your PRONOUNS? Seems like an awfully low bar to me.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2020 9:03 PM

R56 well then pronouns should be respected in order to make sense of the world yes? English language is all about efficiency. If you on purpose ignored somebody’s requested pronouns that would be breaking the contract of making a conversation easier to follow because it would require repeated interruption. Yeesh if you’re gonna make a logic point at least follow it thru lol.

by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2020 9:12 PM

LOL - like "Xir" is better than boop, bop, or beep.

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2020 9:14 PM

I'll use whichever pronouns are requested, do my best to remember, and apologize if I forget.

I still think hanging your mental well being on how others perceive your gender is a dangerous practice.

I also think when folks get their britches twisted, they should remember that there are many gender non-conforming people in this world as well. When I see a man wearing makeup, I think "cool for him," but now I'm also supposed to psychically know if they are identifying as female.

Plus, putting both "lesbian" and "she/her" in your Twitter bio is redundant and stupid.

And finally, all of this is exhausting and these people need to go outside and remind themselves that they are not the still point of a turning world.

by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2020 9:22 PM

My name and face are not gender ambiguous. I get they want everyone to do this to normalize the practice, but it feels more like being coerced.

If I felt sharing my pronouns would help others avoid awkward interactions with me, I might consider it.

Unfortunately it's my personality that causes the awkwardness, not gender bending. I should likely just have a warning label.

by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2020 9:28 PM

Gina Carano is an honorary Datalounger!

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2020 9:33 PM

The trans people aren’t the problem here, it’s the in-betweens. THEM.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2020 10:05 PM

R62 they're part of the "trans umbrella" and they're VALID!

by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2020 2:36 AM

[quote]Grow the fuck up. It is exhausting.

r50 is exhausted.

EXHAUSTED!

by Anonymousreply 64October 10, 2020 2:43 AM

Lol r64. I just collapsed into my chaise lounge because the fainting couch is out for cleaning

by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2020 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!