Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disgraced Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes to plead insanity

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2020 9:58 PM

Antisocial personality disorder AKA sociopathy Is the one and she is that. But does this qualify for an "insanity" plea? She's never going to be cured of being a sociopath. She needs actual prison time - punishment! Hideous cunt!

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2020 8:03 AM

That theranos documentary was amazing. She's a total sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2020 8:08 AM

Android. Where would she be sent if she was found guilty by reason of insanity?

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2020 8:12 AM

I think she should be tried for murder.

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2020 8:16 AM

Who’d she murder, r4?

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2020 8:21 AM

OP. This woman has got too much hair.

Dangling Tendrils is SO last decade!

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2020 8:25 AM

As a result, tens of thousands of patients may have been given incorrect blood-test results which, in turn, could result in serious health consequences due to: incorrect diagnoses; the initiation of unnecessary or inappropriate treatments; a delay in or failure to seek treatment for a treatable health condition; the implementation of an ineffective or inappropriate plan of treatment; and/or exposure to unnecessary, inappropriate or potentially harmful treatments. [1]

So - given the high failure rate of test results and the sheer volume of tests (3 million +) it is well within statistical probability that someone died as the result of a Theranos administered blood test. The death could have resulted from:

Incorrect diagnosis (either false positive or false negative) The initiation of unnecessary or inappropriate treatment Delay or failure to seek treatment for a treatable health condition The implementation of an ineffective or inappropriate plan of treatment Exposure to unnecessary, inappropriate or potentially harmful treatment

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2020 8:26 AM

Is it an American thing that people rush to buy and consume hogwash snake oil quackery and are shocked (SHOCKED!) that they fell for a scam?

There is a reason why people should get a "second opinion" when it comes to medical consultations. Putting all trust in some new medical invention? Insanity.

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2020 8:31 AM

Yes, r7, but you can’t charge someone with murder because it’s within statistical probability that her actions resulted in someone’s death.

I do hope she doesn’t get off as easy as it seems she might. The insanity defense, on the one hand, strikes me as shameless and on the other, well, maybe she IS insane (but probably not in a way that would prevent her from realizing what she did was wrong).

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2020 8:35 AM

She's guilty of reckless endangerment. Not sure if a privileged white woman can be charged for that though. Especially when she made those men on her company's board look like utter fools, and they don't want to get dragged further into the mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2020 8:40 AM

She ran a billion dollar company. She wasn’t exhibiting mental symptoms before nor expressed any mental episodes. She’s a scam artist to the end. She won’t be able to claim insanity, it’s too tall an order.

It’s important to note she “glamoured” people- it was like a confidence spell that she cast- convincing everyone and getting on the front page of magazines.

I really hope she does time, if she and Trump get away unscathed and free from any accountability for their actions, this generation and the next two are truly fucked.

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2020 8:41 AM

R9 In the US you can - a little thing called "Depraved-heart murder". There doesn't have to be an intention to kill, just that the action causes a real and grave risk of death, and in fact leads to that death.

In any case, I hope the legal system sends the bitch to jail for a long time and makes sure that she never has a dime to her name again.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2020 8:42 AM

I agree you can't charge on a statistical chance of death AND that is why this CRIMINAL operation should be investigated thoroughly. The fraud was not just financial. It was medical fraud. I am sure if the correct resources were put they would find real deaths!

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2020 8:42 AM

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime.

Put that faux Steve Jobs away!

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2020 8:59 AM

She has Mark Zuckerberg eyes, another grifting sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2020 9:03 AM

Separated at birth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2020 9:06 AM

If she can successfully plead insanity then anyone can get away with anything.

Wait, maybe they can!

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2020 9:11 AM

R15 I was just going to type that.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2020 9:36 AM

CEOs = sociopaths. Capitalism has tried to convenience us otherwise for decades - but the reality is in order to put money first over people, the best personality to have is that of a sociopath who doesn’t care about other people.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2020 3:03 PM

Every minute she exists as a free person outside a maximum security prison is an insult to every law-abiding citizen.

We need to start trying white collar criminals with the same gusto reserved for a black thief.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2020 3:12 PM

I recommend both the podcast and the HBO documentary if you haven't already listened/watched. Both are well done. I think John Carreyrou (and the author who tipped him off), the intern who was in conflict with his grandpa, the lab woman who wrote the email, are all heroes. Holmes and Theranos would have been figured out eventually but they saved lives.

Really hope she is criminally charged.

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2020 3:45 PM

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2020 3:59 PM

She ran through a screen door in a rage after losing at Monopoly as a child. The girl is fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2020 4:18 PM

queen

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote]Is it an American thing that people rush to buy and consume hogwash snake oil quackery and are shocked (SHOCKED!) that they fell for a scam?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2020 4:31 PM

I would like to see her tested daily, and "treated" for every misdiagnosis and not treated for every real "diagnosis". Since she has no guilt, she will surely be flattered to spend so much time with her machines. Every day a new treatment for a disease she doesn't have. Until she is poisoned to death by unnecessary medicine. Hopefully, a long slow death. Also, they can do this in a room overlooking Silicon Valley, and live stream it. There will be nonstop documentaries played in her prison cell of successful Silicon Valley entrepreneurs who are lauded and not in prison.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2020 5:14 PM

Her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2020 5:21 PM

The criminal charges against her for defrauding doctors and patients are being challenged and it doesn't look like these will be finally brought or she'll be convicted.

I think its a travesty of justice.

A quack doctor would totally get busted.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2020 5:29 PM

miscarriage of justice?

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2020 5:29 PM

It's the investors who are going to work her over ultimately. Did she marry her new bf? He must be a piece of work as well to want to be with that tub of human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2020 6:14 PM

Regardless of her punishment in the courts, the real punishment is that she's ruined for life. A grifter like her loves nothing more than to grift, and now she can't.

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2020 8:51 PM

Grifters don't let a little thing like a conviction or indictment stop them......if she doesn't go to jail, she'll be back with some new scam......

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2020 10:19 PM

R30 he has white nationalist *ahem* leanings.

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2020 3:20 AM

Isn't Bezos supposed to murder and eat Zuckerberg? Or is that only after they have sex?

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2020 7:13 AM

She would appear to be a very scary fuck. Like Species scary looks.

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2020 7:14 AM

I have no doubts she's criminally insane, but she still needs to be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2020 7:25 AM

I wonder if this 'insane' woman is merely a front for mastermind Ramesh Balwani?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2020 7:29 AM

If she has $$$, and she does, she won't be an outcast.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2020 7:34 AM

When I watched the HBO doc on her right after quarantine started, I literally kept saying out loud, "This bitch is fucking nuts." That being said, the fact that she's trying to plead a mental disorder is laughable. It's almost like she's believing all the people who said she was psychotic, borderline, and a sociopath...all of which were true. That being said, she was a smart, conniving young woman who knew precisely what she was doing to bank all this $$$ for a fraudulent idea. This is her lawyers attempting to use some loophole(s). The fact that she put so many people's well-being in jeopardy should count for something in the case.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2020 4:52 AM

R39 here...I overused "That being said," before anyone says that! I'll "Mary!" myself.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2020 5:00 AM

What was her exit strategy? Surely she must have known she would not be able to get away once the big was up.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2020 7:10 AM

"fake it to you make it" - she was deluded and pathological and felt they would eventually get something working. Or sell the company and move on. Even bankrupt the company and move on. She's like Trump. Fake it fake it fake it fake it fake it fake it. - that's all they know

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2020 10:32 AM

She’s a narcissistic sociopath like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2020 2:51 PM

r23, oh, that's it. All of sane kids just flipped the board over.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2020 3:01 PM

Please don’t bring me into this.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2020 3:44 PM

Hardly any of us is legitimately ’crazy’, which means all the crazy fucking shit going down in this world is perpetrated by complete assholes.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2020 4:12 PM

She’s intelligent enough, most probably a sociopath, and will have certainly done her research. She might be able to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2020 4:52 PM

It is the Mail Online, so who knows if this is true or not

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2020 4:56 PM

R35, I bet the top of her head opens like the lid of a box and a smaller, second head with a cyclops eye pops out. It too has a fake deep voice but only sings Christmas carols.

Yes, I think she’s that weird.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 12:26 AM

If the Twinkie defense worked this might succeed too.

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2020 12:27 AM

[quote]I recommend both the podcast and the HBO documentary if you haven't already listened/watched. Both are well done. I think John Carreyrou (and the author who tipped him off), the intern who was in conflict with his grandpa, the lab woman who wrote the email, are all heroes.

Carreyrou's book is a must read.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 12:37 AM

we really need to have a justice system that moves on from just guilty or not guilty.

she should be pleading that she's a greedy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 1:23 AM

DL fave Jennifer Lawrence is playing her in the film being developed of some book. I believe David ORussell might've been involved at some point.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2020 1:25 AM

R53 wasn’t he cancelled for raping his niece?

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2020 1:30 AM

Hopefully someone in prison sticks shards of glass in her ugly bug eyes. Shanks her kidneys. Busts her in her knees with a scantlin. I wouldn't want to see it, but she deserves it, evil bug eyed fraud bitch.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2020 1:37 AM

Hadn't heard about the DOR cancellation but Adam MCKay is now the director attached to direct La Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2020 1:43 AM

I'm not a gynecologist, but I know a cunt when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2020 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!