Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Megharry pay back the Millions for foggy ol Frogmore Cottage

Yup! Megharry have paid back the $3.1 Million of taxpayer money that went into renovating Frogmore Cottage. Come on, love them or hate them, you’ve got to admire them for that right?

How long until they’re billionaires? Meghzy will not stop until the royal family come begging for her to come back! Suck it Kate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2020 11:40 PM

They signed a 150 million deal with Netflix. They can afford to pay back the 3 mil

by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2020 5:17 PM

Good for them. I hate reality shows but if they did one I'd watch the fuck out of it.

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2020 5:18 PM

Prince Charles paid that money back.

Why would anyone find them admirable for that?

by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2020 5:18 PM

She’s much more charismatic than Kate. I’ve always thought that. Kate is just more fitting for the role of traditional mom that queens are required to be.

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2020 5:19 PM

Yeah, did they pay it, or did Charles pay it?

I'm no fan of Charles, but that doesn't mean they have the right to squeeze millions out of him.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2020 5:20 PM

pack of lints.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2020 5:21 PM

He's a p-whipped weakling. She's a malignant narcissist. That is not a marriage that will last. All Harry is, is a stepping stone. Without his royalty, he's practically useless to her now. She got what she wanted from him and he's left with nothing.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2020 5:29 PM

R7 's butt plug must have gone sideways.

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2020 5:31 PM

R7 she’s never leaving him unless she can find someone more powerful or make it in politics (apparently she wants to be president one day). She knows if she leaves him, the world will side with him and she will not only be hated (more than she is now) but will also end up like Fergie...a nobody basically reduced to doing reality tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2020 5:35 PM

I don't know much about the royals but don't the taxpayers also pay their salaries? So they're using taxpayer money to pay back the taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2020 5:36 PM

R7, Prince Harry, while at his peak, gets the luxury of dragging that old battle axe around on his arm. Michelle Obama lite. Ain't he lucky?

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2020 5:36 PM

R19 they’re using Netflix money to pay back the tax payers.

Do you think they discussed “the crown” as they were signing their Netflix deal? Season 6 will be all about Meghan and starring Meghan herself lol!

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2020 5:40 PM

R3, R5, Every news organization reports that they paid the money. If the money came from Charles, it would have been stated that way. But it wasn't.

It's hard when the people you unreasonably hate don't accommodate you.

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2020 5:44 PM

Financial freedom means Charles is not paying for anything, i.e. homes, security, food, clothing, travel, etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2020 5:44 PM

R9 do you have a link to the president claim?

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2020 5:47 PM

Charles paid for FrogCott.

R1. They don’t have anywhere near $150 million from Netflix. That’s what they want you to believe. Their upfront money is a tiny fraction, very tiny.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2020 5:49 PM

R16 proof? And not based on blog gossip please.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2020 5:50 PM

People were bitching about them needing to pay the money back. They paid the money back. What's the issue now?

by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2020 5:52 PM

R16, Unless you were in the room when contracts were signed you know FUCK ALL...

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2020 5:53 PM

3 million is pocket change for Meghan. Girl is living the life and it must be killing the Royal [bold]Scum[/bold] errr I mean the Royal family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2020 5:59 PM

Believe me when I tell y'all that the money they got from Netflix at the present time might pay the power bill at their new house for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2020 6:01 PM

She will keep her hustling until the day she dies. She will need to as Harry doesn't even know how to work a griddle. But they might let him work the counter. He does seem to have people skills.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2020 6:06 PM

Kate hustled. Sophie hustled. Fergie hustled. Why the outrage when Meghan hustled. What is the difference.

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2020 6:08 PM

R16 do you have a link for proof that Charles paid back frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2020 6:13 PM

Fergie is still hustling...that woman is shameless. Meghan and the rest of the gals secured their bags..let Meghan live and enjoy her wealth like the others.

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2020 6:14 PM

Meghan made it. She never has to work another day in her life after her Netflix contract is fulfilled.

Let's see how the Royal Family pays back the lifetime grants given to them by the British taxpayers. I bet those leaches never pay one cent back to the people. The Royal Family is scum.

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] Prince Harry, while at his peak, gets the luxury of dragging that old battle axe around on his arm. Michelle Obama lite.

Was it your intention to come across as a racist dog whistle?

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2020 6:20 PM

The whole Invicta's games Roya Nikkah article has blown up in both the media and the Brf faces as well. You would think they would get that people now have the internet. Roya is doing a documentary with guess who? Prince William. And the firm trying to promote it is involved with Invicta's somehow. Not sure how. So guess where people are thinking the smear came from. There were people on the blogs screaming for Meghan to get the guillotine because of this article. It's sick.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2020 6:24 PM

R15 Lady C alleges it in one of her videos.

Harry and Meghan are a good match, they both needed each other to make it to the level of life they are at that they both wanted. Meghan is a hustler but her hustle was getting her nowhere in Hollywood while Harry, is not very smart and not very confident. They saved each other and elevated each other.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2020 6:27 PM

R26 What the fuck is a “lifetime grant”, you clueless moron?

by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2020 6:35 PM

Why is Meghan always comparing herself to Kate? No matter how much charisma Meghan thinks she has, she will always be the wife of the Spare. She is better off in Hollywood where she can put her "charisma" and pushiness to good use.

by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2020 6:36 PM

Helly and sMEG just signed the deal, I don't think Netflix would be so stupid to give them millions of dollars cash advance for them to burn through though.

Too many furious backlash against these two toxic swamp creatures lately, Charles had to at least help with the Fuckmore payback to stop the bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2020 6:40 PM

R32 that isn't fact. It is an excuse to move the goalposts yet again. No one has yet linked proof that Charles paid for frogmore. So it isn't fact. Link proof that Charles paid please.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2020 6:45 PM

R29 so you don't have proof of the president claim. You have a YouTube video by Lady Campbell claiming it.

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2020 6:52 PM

It's rich that posters like r32 call Meghan and Harry living their lives "toxic" while spewing racist, toxic bile all over DL and the Daily Fail comment section.

You anti-Meghan freaks should really just drink bleach already.

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2020 6:52 PM

They just make stuff up about these two. Everything they claim is a lie.

The truth is that the lovely couple told the UK to shove their hatred up their arses and the haters just can’t stand it. It made their head explode. They want the royals to take the harassment as if it’s normal.

by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2020 6:56 PM

Oh my yes, Meg's charisma is off the charts! That's why she gave up her A-list career to marry Harry. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2020 6:58 PM

Haha the work of a Sunshine Sachs intern R35 just ain't what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2020 6:59 PM

Your right. What is pissing those that are pushing this online is more and more people are figuring that out. People are also linking the media campaign to the Brf. Rightwing supremacists and racist MAGAt s being the Brf most ardent fans doesn't really look good.

by Anonymousreply 39September 8, 2020 6:59 PM

R36 right - the Palace could have taken a stand against it but instead fueled it by leaking their own Harry and Meghan stories to distract attention from the main Royals. The best revenge will be H & M's success away from the palace.

It's sad how posters like r37 and r38 can't believe anyone disagrees with them so they have to create a strawman. Totally delusional and filled with rage.

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2020 7:00 PM

Yes R40. Please post evidence of Meg's A-list career. We're all waiting.

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2020 7:03 PM

How dare you R41. Toothy was the Deal or No Deal Suitcase Girl -- unforgettable sexay times.

by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2020 7:05 PM

Where did R40 say A list career. I think success away from the palace was used. See how you twist things. Which lays the groundwork for negative comments about Meghan's career. R42 right on cue. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2020 7:07 PM

R3 - How you know Prince Charles paid the money back? Did he tell you personally? Have you seen the check?

Are you a troll?

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2020 7:10 PM

I'll bet Harry throws a mean fuck. Megs is a lucky gal.

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2020 7:11 PM

Well R44, this didn't fit their irrational racist narrative so they had to make up SOME kind of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2020 7:12 PM

R41 You use these threads to set up narratives. One of you makes a certain comment. The career comment for example. The rest of your group then uses that comment to lay into meghan. It is easy to spot. It's called tag team trolling. It's how these threads were identified as trolling very early on. Not all but most. The only difference is they have no affect now. People know so they are redundant.

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2020 7:12 PM

They’re still two useless cunts. He has tiny meat @R47

by Anonymousreply 48September 8, 2020 7:13 PM

"It's called tag team trolling"

Hi, welcome to Datalounge. You're grease fire is on the left.

by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2020 7:14 PM

FF all Markle threads.

These people are lunatics that hate her. Normal people just don’t really care that much.

Normal people don’t go around stalking her and making up these fake storylines.

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2020 7:17 PM

There would have been no comments at all if OP hadn't started this thread.

by Anonymousreply 51September 8, 2020 7:19 PM

Normal people don't try to control what other people say about celebrities they don't know.

by Anonymousreply 52September 8, 2020 7:19 PM

R11 "Michelle Obama lite" lol

by Anonymousreply 53September 8, 2020 7:19 PM

FF everyone trying to FF the Markle threads.

Normal people don't write apologies for the two of them. Paid PR does, though.

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2020 7:20 PM

R50 - If the trolls want to make up fake story lines, they should make up entertaining fake story lines about Princess Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 55September 8, 2020 7:21 PM

Yeah, let's point fingers to make ourselves look better. God these people are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 56September 8, 2020 7:22 PM

I see these 2 as 2 people: where 1 was really unhappy but couldn’t quite figure out how to escape, & the other 1 wanted to escape the drudgery of being a single actress, wanting more out of life, like starting a family, but not knowing exactly what that looked like because too many men are just too fucked up to commit.

There was something in the other that each recognized when they met: they each wanted to be happy, and wanted to be happy with someone else who was willing to do anything by their side, to be happy.

What I believe blocks many observers from understanding what happened with these two is that:

a) Many assume that being a Prince in a Royal Family or being a woman, any woman, regardless of her lack of aristocratic ancestry or being an aristocrat, who marries a Prince and thereby marries into the Royal Family, is or must be the best thing ever to accomplish, even if the actual Prince doesn’t feel that way, nor does his bride;

b) That due to the aforementioned assumption of how magnificent it is to be a royal or to marry one, the newlyweds MUST not ever question the public assumption, nor must they act in any way that challenges those assumptions, because the observers ‘ assumptions are far more valid & are actually true, just because they say so.

Some people actually DO believe that they’re better off& happier with a life partner. Some people actually DO feel trapped in a life they, themselves wouldn’t choose if the choice was theirs, but made for them by random birth rights, and some people really DO want something other than what we, the general public, perceive and assume to be a “perfect” or “idyllic” life, due to being royalty, and some people really DO fare better together, as a pair, rather than alone, or with who we believe is their appropriate “partner”, and some people really DO know this, and choose to pursue these things, despite the approval of their peers, family, country, or titles, and some people will actually SUCCEED by going against the grain, specifically when going against the grain is an idea or status quo, constructed by birth rights, or by complete strangers, who somehow have appropriated them as their “own”, rather than seeing them for who they truly & actually are: two people who had the balls to say “fuck it” to the establishment, & decided to check out the other side of life, as they, THEMSELVES, envision it, rather than live as proxies for our own “aspirations”, specifically aspirations that we project upon them, being that we aren’t Royalty, & will never actually fulfill, but value as omnipotent, even if it makes those whom we project these things upon, are completely MISERABLE.

Imagine living your entire life with little choice or personal agency, just because you’re expected to, by way of birth, or because a bunch of strangers who claim to see you as their optimal embodiment of life aspirations, which they, themselves, cannot actualize, tear you & your chosen wife, limb from limb, because she isn’t part of someone else’s “vision” or “best choice “ being deemed insufficient, due to her background & race, yet deny this, continuing to wish tou harm, while also wishing you failure on your endeavors, including your marriage, family, & career?

Every single, negative, racist, misogynistic post on the internet, solidify to this couple that they made correct assessments regarding the situation they found themselves in, & undoubtedly crystallizes to them that they were 100% correct in their understanding of what it meant for them to live life via others’ expectations, vs. theirs.

These 2 have balls, & before they met, had a ball, each. Together, they have BALLS, Good on them for using them to play the game called life, TOGETHER,, as a team, leaving behind a stadium filled with people who pretended to be “for” them, until they weren’t, based on personal unhappiness, classism, racism, misogyny, & some of the POOREST sportsmanship displayed by a group of pretty shitty, delusional and entitled people, EVER.

by Anonymousreply 57September 8, 2020 7:22 PM

R30 = a clueless ignorant sheep that knows shit about the grants provided to the royal family, courtesy of the British taxpayer.

Be honest, you love the scum that is the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 58September 8, 2020 7:23 PM

It’s called obsession. It’s not just a word. It’s a real, sick, damaging, lifestyle that will eventually destroy these stalkers. They need to seek help. There is no shame in realizing you need to get off the internet and seek psychiatric help. You can be relived of the obsession of these two peoples every move.

You don’t have to live this way. Let them be happy. Let them go and focus on getting out of moms basement.

You can maybe meet a prince one day too.

by Anonymousreply 59September 8, 2020 7:24 PM

What does Michelle Obama have to do with this?

What an odd reference. She hasn’t been First Lady in a half a decade.

Some people just get stuck on their obsessions and can’t let go. Even YEARS later.

You people are SICKOS!!!

by Anonymousreply 60September 8, 2020 7:27 PM

MICHELLE OBAMA?

WOW, OBSESSED MUCH???

by Anonymousreply 61September 8, 2020 7:27 PM

R56 Normal people don't continually move the goalposts to find continual excuses to hate someone. This alone proves what this is about. People calling you out asking for links or proof doesn't make them paid pr. It just means they don't base their opinions on tabloid and blog rumours. I agree with R59.

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2020 7:28 PM

They call Michelle Big Mike on their blogs and threads. That says it all.

by Anonymousreply 63September 8, 2020 7:29 PM

Despite his Faulkner-like sentences, R57 is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2020 7:29 PM

If normal people don't care all that much R50, why are you here? And why are you defending Meghan so much?

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2020 7:30 PM

Nobody here was discussing or thinking about the Harkles until one of their fans started this thread.

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2020 7:32 PM

For those of us that don’t hate them come join this thread.

Leave this one to the stalkers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 8, 2020 7:32 PM

How bizarre that the Megstans greyed out a thread they started.

by Anonymousreply 68September 8, 2020 7:34 PM

R64, you actually read all that? Care to give us the break down?

by Anonymousreply 69September 8, 2020 7:37 PM

I want to agree with R57, but I just think they were weak- they were by no means ripped "limb from limb", ask the Obamas, after the BS they put up with. Criticism over avocado toast? Stop it.

For me, I was so in awe of her taking this on. And she quit. It was hard. So she quit. She willingly took the job, didn't like it, quit and now they both criticize HIS family members who still rely on it as their jobs. It's not hatred.

Loyalty is important to me. Toughing it out with grit and grace is important to me. You can quit in a polite way and not screw over family.

by Anonymousreply 70September 8, 2020 7:38 PM

The Megstans didn't gray it out...DLers did.

by Anonymousreply 71September 8, 2020 7:40 PM

Yes, R69. But like with Faulkner, I had to read it more than once to understand it.

by Anonymousreply 72September 8, 2020 7:41 PM

I'm not R30, don't care about the BRF, and have enjoyed seeing Prince Dim and Sparkles shoot themselves in the foot over and over the past 2 years. Seems to go on forever. This installment --dumping the vets group, and hurriedly paying back money HE OWED after Parliament demanded it -- has been rhe most astonishing interlude yet.

by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2020 7:42 PM

I do believe the payback came from Charles -- the press release announcing it came from BP, not the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 74September 8, 2020 7:45 PM

If Dataloungers got this thread grayed out, why don't you Megstans take a hint and shuffle off to Celebitchy where you belong?

by Anonymousreply 75September 8, 2020 7:45 PM

R9, She's a narcissist. A narcissist never see themselves as being wrong about anything. They are unfazed by being disliked. And they always manage to land on their feet and find a new sucker to control and they carry on as if nothing tawdry ever happened. Narcissists are wired differently and they never change.

by Anonymousreply 76September 8, 2020 7:46 PM

R12 You actually don't know what money they're using and the point is the taxpayers still pay Harry anyway.

by Anonymousreply 77September 8, 2020 7:46 PM

R73 dumping the vets group? The event was postponed due to covid. The mascot Harry has no say. The board decides this. The article was removed. Invictus put out a statement saying this. Roya the journalist who wrote the article is working with William on a documentary. Join the dots.

by Anonymousreply 78September 8, 2020 7:47 PM

Just more provable lies from the dangerous stalkers.

by Anonymousreply 79September 8, 2020 7:48 PM

R75 We are dataloungers. You aren't. That's why. We don't get removed because we don't agree with the groupthink. This isn't lipstick alley.

by Anonymousreply 80September 8, 2020 7:49 PM

R80 I was replying to R71 who said Dataloungers grayed-out this thread.

by Anonymousreply 81September 8, 2020 7:51 PM

It's a moot point whose money Harry used. He's earned next to nothing on that order in his life, he's a child of extravagant social and economic privilege - maybe the up-front retainer Netflix allowed him to do it, (and that's all it was, a deal isn't "worth" whatever it's stated as until the programming is a success), maybe he broke into his trust fund in the expectation of earning big bucks from Netflix, maybe his father leant him the money also in the expectation that it would be paid back when he was son was a bona fide multimillionaire in his own right.

The point no one, not even Meghan, would have been in any doubt about was how bad it would look if they didn't, so they bit the bullet and did, and it was the right thing to do.

As racists heads exploding and the "lovely couple" - please, I may bring up my lunch. The BRF didn't hate them, the Queen and Charles were extremely good to them, they're a couple of grifters, and they got what they wanted, and Meghan, particularly, came into the game in bad faith. Hollywood was always her aim, and she used them to get to it. If they hate her now, she earned it.

The only thing that really would have made my head explode is if she actually made a success of the royal gig and showed the remotest understanding of the role it plays in alignment with the UK government.

Instead she flounced out like the prima donna many of us, including Prince William, saw her for from the start.

The only other thing that would make my head explode is seeing them trying to parade themselves as royals again IN Britain.

They belong in Hollywood: shallow, pretentious, greedy, and hypocritical - "We can all do better!" Harry lectured us about carbon footprints - and then bought a monster home with 16 bathrooms for a family of three.

I don't care how much money they make - as long as they stay out of Britain and are relieved of their titles.

by Anonymousreply 82September 8, 2020 8:07 PM

R76, isn't there something insanely narcissistic about their PR game? All of the victim role playing and insane control of the narrative - no criticism is ever allowed or valid, even if it's warranted? The way the couple conducts their game reads in a very narcissistic manner to me. It's illogical- like they are at war with the BRF and need to win it.

Which was a mistake ... because if you aim for the Queen, you better not miss.

by Anonymousreply 83September 8, 2020 8:08 PM

No one here who is not denigrating these two is obsessed. I read gossip like anyone else here does, and I stay away from most Royal gossip, because I find every single Royal to be boring AF, save for Harry.

That said, I don’t read much about him and Meghan, either, because gossip is funnier when there’s actuall scandal.

Where’s the scandal? OMG! Harry married an actress who isn’t WHITE and PURE as the Royal driven snow? Perhaps being an American allows me to not see that as scandalous?

That said, what DOES interest me regarding this situation, is the MELTDOWN a bunch of assholes are experiencing, due to two complete strangers getting married & starting their own lives.

Why?

Because it correlates to an insidiousness that is pervasive in our current, Western world as we know it, made up of xenophobia, misogyny, and racism. And what intrigues me most is the parent denials provided by those who have enough audacity to anonymously pronounce their “boundaries”, yet get their proverbial knickers in a bunch, the moment someone calls them out on their motives behind it all.

What’s on it for me? More insight in what I experience too, when I live my life amongst a bunch of hypocritical cowards, who tell me I’m wrong to assume that their poor treatment of me isn’t due to my race and gender, rather than the truth: that they’re racist scum, and see me as less than human, or tolerate me if I meet their expectations, acting as they see fit, in order to reinforce the false beliefs that they proclaim about themselves, yet simultaneously, expecting me to support their racism, by denying it, and by primarily, denying my own negative experiences, created by their racism!!!

So yes, every now and again, i’ll check in and see that nothing has really changed, nor will it, because racism is not only harmful to people of color, it is supported by silence of those who see it, yet say nothing about it.

I’m not going to be the good & obedient house nigga for any of you cunts, nor will I support your bullshit narratives and denials of racist motives for anonymously attack a woman of color, such as myself, based on false accusations and by bringing her character into question.

You see, I’ve experienced this crap all of my life, and it’s not because I’m a snowflake, as snowflakes get steppingstones on & melt, however I DON’T, now will I.

Am I projecting my assertions on to Meghan? Fuck no. I’ve lived around racist fuckwads all of my life, and just like her, know what I’m dealing with and who I am dealing with, when I see it.

So I comment occasionally, to remind you cunts who are responsible for this specific kind of insidious behavior, that you are not hiding behind your protestations, reasoning, or paper thin denials when you go online to denigrate and troll complete strangers and the challenges they face, due to people who cannot offer their fellows dignity and respect, because they’re entitled, selfish, self important and terrified of anything they cannot control, racist, cunts.

R59, meeting a Prince isn’t a personal goal for me. Meeting honest, kind, good hearted people, however, is.

R70, what you see as weakness is actually called acceptance, and what you see as strength is called denialism.

by Anonymousreply 84September 8, 2020 8:09 PM

No. Every anti Sussex blog has repeatedly daily comments with people linking their own toxic narc member. They daily comment on how Meghan is like their narc. It's not coincidence. It's armchair psychology which pushes the deranged ones buttons. Every royal family member has pr. Why are the Sussex deemed different.

by Anonymousreply 85September 8, 2020 8:13 PM

R83 - The victim card was absolutely central to Meghan's plan. Without it, she would have been "revealed" for the lying grifter she is.

And without being mixed race, she wouldn't have been able to play the victim card so well.

She started on that road at least a year before they were engaged.

It's central to the narcissist's approach to life broadly (cf. Harry's mother, who never once in any way showed any understanding of the mistakes she made in handling her marriage), but in this case, it was also a cold-blooded strategy to ensure that she got out fast with her excuses ready to hand.

The Scobie book (which by the way fell off all the Best Seller lists in two weeks) was an exercise in victim mentality, revenge, and shallow petulance.

She got all her rocks off, slung mud at the people who made her name famous, and gave her the tools to make herself rich and get back to the only life she ever wanted . . .

I say fair play - Meghan did it.

But that doesn't mean it's a good look or that history will judge her kindly.

by Anonymousreply 86September 8, 2020 8:14 PM

You just wrote an essay on the Sussex claiming you aren't obsessed. You used dog whistle bait words. It is what it is. R84

by Anonymousreply 87September 8, 2020 8:17 PM

R86 more arm chair psychology pushing the narc angle. It is based on what. Googling narc traits. She got her rocks off. When and how do you know this. You all like to state who and what she is. But you never back it up with facts. Just blog psychology and tabloid articles.

by Anonymousreply 88September 8, 2020 8:19 PM

R57 - go back to your community college if you are having an uncontrollable urge of verbal diarrhea and need to write a fucking dissertation. This is a gossip thread, don't be so OCD and so triggered, old snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 89September 8, 2020 8:20 PM

R89 amazing how the only long dissertation on this thread you disparage is the one supporting the Sussex. And snowflake gives it away every time.

by Anonymousreply 90September 8, 2020 8:23 PM

This whole thread is redundant (as usual). We were already discussing the updates regarding the Frogmore renovations on this thread.

I don't know why people open threads regarding any of the British Royals, simply to label them scum. The citizens of the UK (I'm not) live in a democracy, and have the power to elect a party and officials who would do away with the monarchy.

I think it's ridiculous to try to simply characterize anyone who posts on these threads based on whether or not they appear to approve or disapprove of the Susseces. I can't claim I 'loved' them when I was still rooting for them, and I don't 'hate' them now that I've come to see them in a poor light. I was chatting about the BRF before MM joined the party. It was just like adding a new player to the Monopoly board. We need a new Panama hat Monopoly piece for MM.

Anyway, I think it's good news if they're paying for the Frogmore renovations, even when I know it has absolutely no bearing on my life. It's just chat, after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 8, 2020 8:49 PM

"It's just chat, after all."

It is for you, R91. For her stans, trashing everyone who disagrees with them is like life itself.

by Anonymousreply 92September 9, 2020 2:49 AM

I always hit "Ignore" for the troll who refers to the Sussexes as "the Susseces."

It's a proper name, not a common noun.

by Anonymousreply 93September 9, 2020 3:05 AM

R57 and R84, you seem sincere so I'll try to give you a different perspective.

People like to gossip and snark. Harry is just a dim spare, but Meghan, who went from suitcase girl to Toronto socialite and Goop wannabe to royal bride, is a great gossip story. And unlike you (based on your outpourings above), some of us are old cynics who don't see in them a great love story, but rather an ongoing comedy of manners.

Harry and Meghan do all kinds of unintentionally funny things: making grand, corporate-speak pronouncements while jet setting around with A-list friends; posing as progressive humanitarians while being a member of/marrying into a hierarchical monarchy and using the funds therefrom to buy a huge estate in one of the richest zip codes on earth; posting ridiculously detailed manifestos on Instagram (!) which then have to be back-tracked when it turns out nothing was agreed beforehand; making one of the most powerful men in Hollywood squirm with discomfort by pitching him in a royal receiving line; most certainly cooperating with (if not actually ghostwriting) a hilariously petty, self-aggrandizing our-version-of-events biography; more comical PR statements to accompany their windfall Netflix deal (for which neither have any qualification); etc.

I'm looking forward to more of the same!

by Anonymousreply 94September 9, 2020 11:37 AM

Right on, R94.

Put another way: all us “old cynics” have been around long enough to have seen and heard it all before, so it becomes easy for us to spot yet another pair of “do as we say, not as we do!” jetsetting bullshitters who preach right and wrong to the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 95September 9, 2020 12:02 PM

R1, Netflix didn’t just cut them a check for $150 million dollars. Maybe they got a small advance or signing bonus. Maybe.

Do people give YOU money for doing absolutely nothing?

by Anonymousreply 96September 9, 2020 12:24 PM

R94 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 97September 9, 2020 12:25 PM

Good that the money has been repaid (however and by whom).

Have they found freedom yet?

by Anonymousreply 98September 9, 2020 12:30 PM

[quote]r45 I'll bet Harry throws a mean fuck.

I just don't see it. He's a Virgo. I'd be surprised if he moaned that much. I can envision him as completely silent during sex, apart from one or two involuntary ahh-s.

by Anonymousreply 99September 9, 2020 12:39 PM

No freedom as long as Harry is using the Invictus Games as a PR exercise for him and his toothy wife. He has to go.

by Anonymousreply 100September 9, 2020 12:39 PM

Silly, They meant freedom from responsibility to anyone but themselves, and the drudgery of having to actually work for a living.

by Anonymousreply 101September 9, 2020 1:00 PM

R99 - Cannot agree. Harry looks like a Class A grunter/snorter.

Meghan probably practiced those moans in front of the bathroom mirror from her twenties onward.

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2020 1:14 PM

R94 that was spot on! Lady C would be PROUD honey!

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2020 1:16 PM

R73 - No veteran organizations were dumped by the Sussexes. Do you have a link for your comment on veterans groups other than the Daily Mail or other British Tabloid?

by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2020 1:38 PM

Fuck off megstan. Edward Lane Fox, known as Harry's Brain until Toothy took over, is on record as saying he's "furious" with Harry's typical ignoring of invictus. The vets's group is just a PR vehicle for Haz anyway, it made him look somewhat sentient despite stumbling around drunk in London every night and treating women like garbage. Did I mention you should fuck off megstan?

by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2020 2:37 PM

R94, and some of us youngsters (younger than they are) are genuinely, naively disappointed by their hypocrisy. Especially because they presented themselves as heroes- especially her. Underneath hate is hurt, is love...

And virgos can fuck, jerk. Even if we're sentimental babies.

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2020 2:38 PM

Another vote for [R94].

by Anonymousreply 107September 9, 2020 3:22 PM

R105 - Who and what is Edward Lane Fox?

by Anonymousreply 108September 9, 2020 7:14 PM

R108 one of the many random names and details insane anti-Meghan freaks use like mantras. It means something to them but not to normal people who aren't conspiracy nuts.

The anti-Meghan freaks are basically the same type of people who are QAnon nutcases, and likely overlap a lot.

by Anonymousreply 109September 9, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote] The anti-Meghan freaks are basically the same type of people who are QAnon nutcases, and likely overlap a lot.

Only more overtly racist.

by Anonymousreply 110September 9, 2020 9:28 PM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Will & Kate's crib about now. I'll bet Kate has cussed Meghan like she was a filthy yard dog since this info came out.

by Anonymousreply 111September 9, 2020 9:44 PM

Edward Lane Fox was brought in as an assistant to rehabitate Harry's image after a life of cheating his way through school, refusing to take the officer's exam but getting the position anyway, being a visible alcoholic in Nazi regalia, etc. Also to help manage his genetic and mental health problems.

Fox is a genius who convinced some people Haz is just a cheeky well meaning lad, and avoided the truth about him being a vicious prick, jealous of his brother, and eager to monetize his dead mother. Fox developed Invictus and adjacent activities to give Harry respectability, but needless to say, when Sparkles showed up, he was fired. Since then, despite not doing much of the actual work it takes to put on the events, Haz and his wife turn up to give a speech, take pictures, and promote Invictus as part of their personal brand. But they couldn't even be bothered to show up at a separate vets memorial last year, or even send regrets, because it was the same day as the Lion King showing.

And it's been further downhill from there. A long planned LA benefit concert to be sponsored and streamed by Amazon next year prior to the sports games was abruptly canceled around the signing of the Netflix deal, supposedly because of Covid. Fox, who is still a director at Invictus, was reportedly livid at this turn, and instead of a smooth pivot to an all-streaming event on Amazon, it's up in the air.

All this is widely known now, Harry's popularity has taken a big hit in the UK, and his true nature of basically being a professional coffin follower is in full bloom. He gave a speech to a bunch of money managers about his years in therapy for quite a bit of money, is in bed with Netflix and their tacky Diana musical, and is expected to produce Diana content for the NF vultures. This is the guy now swanning around Hollywoid who gets PTSD flashbacks of dead mom when cameras click, lol.

by Anonymousreply 112September 9, 2020 10:37 PM

"Fox, who is still a director at Invictus, was reportedly livid at this turn..."

Someone please explain to Harry why pissing off your former publicist who knows all your secrets is a bad idea?

And then repeat it a few more times, so it has some hope of sinking in.

by Anonymousreply 113September 9, 2020 11:35 PM

R112, I didn’t know all that. Just thought he was an Invictus exec. Huh.

They’ve had advisors and fixers at every step of the way, but they barrel ahead heedlessly. It’s so entertaining to watch. In the case of Invictus, he’s shat upon them twice, which sucks for the athletes. The military is like religion. Even if it’s not important to you, there are millions to whom it is. It’s not smart to shit on it.

by Anonymousreply 114September 10, 2020 12:16 AM

R84 - Oh go take your moralistic bullshit over the Celebitchy.

This is a fucking gossip site and the crap the Harkles get is no different from the crap Sam Heughan or any other celebrity discussed here gets.

Good God, do you know how you sound when you talk about those two?! Like an obsessed teenager who thinks her rock star idol is really Sir Galahad.

Get over your fucking moralising. No one gives a fuck about your evident emotional obsession with a couple of spoilt twats that you've haloed with some spiritual importance.

Go back to the little shrine you built for them in your bedroom, you fucking adolescent hysteric.

The grownups will stay out here and gossip to our heart's content.

by Anonymousreply 115September 10, 2020 12:26 AM

Meghan's faces are outraged that none of the BRF's birthday messages to Harry include Meghan, particularly the Cambridges' message.

I wonder if they remember what the Sussexes did on Kate's birthday last year (dropped their "We're leaving and here's our manifesto" bombshell despite the Queen ordering them not to)? Or their failure to wish Princess Charlotte Happy Birthday at all this year? Or their pointed omission of the Cambridge kids' titles when wishing them Happy Birthday?

All the photos used in the images are of a younger, happier Harry - not the sombre, grim-faced, hectoring puppet he appears as now, and none include Meghan or Archie.

Note that the Cambridges also chose to call Harry "Prince Harry" in their message, not The Duke of Sussex, as the Wales' and the Queen did.

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2020 11:58 AM

^*Meghan's fans (not faces)

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2020 11:58 AM

Meghan's "fans" are mainly middle aged and older fraus in love with Harry. Next year when they are completely devoid of royal association he probably won't get any official birthday wishes at all.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2020 12:08 PM

R23, the answer is right in front of you, if you look close enough. ;)

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2020 2:49 PM

"Meghan's "fans" are mainly middle aged and older fraus in love with Harry."

I disagree. I think they're either shallow bitches or WOC, who are so thrilled to see a shallow bitch WOC become a princness, that they are blind to her flaws. Or they approve of her flaws.

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2020 11:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!