Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

134 Coronavirus Cases Now Linked to Maine Wedding

The coronavirus outbreak linked to a Maine wedding that violated attendance limits has grown to have infected at least 134 people, state authorities said Tuesday.

Just a week ago, officials reported that 53 positive coronavirus cases had been linked to the Aug. 7 wedding, but now the numbers have more than doubled after the outbreak has been traced to a jail and nursing care center.

The cases now stretch from the far north of Maine in Penobscot County, where the celebration was held in Millinocket, to the south end of the state in York County. At least one death has been linked to the outbreak, according to a Millinocket hospital.

Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Nirav Shah credited the state's contact tracing team with running down leads that revealed the extent of the wedding outbreak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 10:22 PM

Hope it was worth it

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2020 9:35 PM

It was supposed to be MY day. Now, the only thing people will remember is getting Covid. They were supposed to talk about ME and my dress.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2020 9:43 PM

Can-do, plain Yankee ingenuity!

Oh, she was yar, the True Love!

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2020 9:45 PM

Fucking selfish, stupid idiots.

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2020 10:01 PM

They can bury the decedents in pet sematary.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2020 10:08 PM

Are they dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2020 10:31 PM

That fucking Typhoid Mary pastor deliberately held several in-person services on Sunday.

Just so he could kill more people before someone stops him. Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2020 4:34 AM

Coronavirus death toll from Maine wedding rises to 7, with over 175 infected

Outbreaks at a rehabilitation center and a county jail have been linked to the wedding and reception in August. (What is going on with this family?)

The death toll from a coronavirus outbreak linked to an indoor wedding and reception in Maine has risen to seven, with the number of cases connected to the event up to 176.

The latest death was reported at the Maplecrest Rehabilitation Center in Madison, where five prior deaths were also deemed connected to the Aug. 7 wedding and reception. One person died at a hospital in the Millinocket area, a spokesman for the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

About 65 people attended the event, in violation of Gov. Janet Mills' executive order limiting indoor gatherings to 50 people, the Maine CDC has said.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 8:32 PM

The wedding of death.

So thrilled for the happy couple

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 8:41 PM

Would someone write a hypothetical rationale for this wedding? My own family just had.a large surprise 60th birthday party for my sister, my twin actually, and pictures show show hugging and no masks or separation. I didn’t go. I don’t understand this, I just don’t understand, and I can’t really ask.

Her son says everybody is well, but I wonder

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 9:19 PM

For giggles they should dress up as the couple from Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride" on Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 9:44 PM

My partner’s cousin in Queens is having some sort of child-related large party next weekend for a confirmation or first communion or something. Straight people live for that shit and some of them can’t stand that little Madysen is going to miss out.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 9:54 PM

What to get this happy couple for a gift?

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 10:19 PM

Why doesn’t the OP article mention their names? With everyone else who breaks the law, like a drunk driver, names are revealed.

Why should these assholes be coddled?

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!