Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 24 , Fall 2020, SEASON 24!

Getting ready for the new season and keeping the response #s low.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 11, 2020 9:59 AM

They are back next Tuesday, 9/8.

Hopefully they will be in studio. I wonder if Joy will be there if they are back at the table, it just wouldn't be the same if she is the only one remote.

Hopefully Meghan's doctor has already put her on leave.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2020 2:48 PM

What a boring, tired panel. It’s telling that the View has to keep re-hiring people and can’t find fresh talent.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2020 3:03 PM

FAT GIRL!

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2020 3:16 PM

I can honestly say i haven't missed the show or any of the panelists. Probably won't be tuning in when they return with live shows, whether its still remote or in the studio

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2020 3:21 PM

Doe anyone have access to a guest list for Premier Week Season 24?

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2020 11:21 AM

Guest List is usually available late Friday afternoon and I will post as soon as it becomes available.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2020 2:00 PM

Thanks, SoWhatWhoCares

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2020 4:56 PM

Joy announced via Twitter that Michael Cohen is going to be on next Wednesday.

I wish they'd stop giving air time to these ex-Dump administration grifters who are only spilling the beans now because they need to make money. I hated it when they had Scaramucci guest co hosting and Joy gushing about how she became friends with him. Anyone who worked for that administration knew what they were signing up for and wanted it. Stop normalizing them.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2020 5:00 PM

I've never gotten the acceptance of Scaramucci.

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2020 5:25 PM

Cohen's book drops next week.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2020 8:50 AM

Cohen will be on Rachel the night before his View appearance.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2020 10:31 AM

If you have written a book about a Trump recently then you get on The View. Ana Navarro is coming back to co-host on the Friday shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2020 3:58 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing their thoughts on some of the things that have happened around the country during their break.

Also: Isn't Sara coming back? I always appreciate her level headed way of discussing things.

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2020 4:03 PM

Scheduled guests for PREMIERE WEEK of SEPT. 8-11 are as follows (subject to change):

Tuesday, Sept. 8 – Sarah Huckabee Sanders (author, “Speaking for Myself”)

Wednesday, Sept. 9 – Stephanie Winston Wolkoff (author, “Melania and Me”)

Thursday, Sept. 10 – Jane Fonda (author, "What Can I Do?"); “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts (“Shark Attack: The Paige Winter Story”)

Friday, Sept. 11 – The Political View with former Ohio Governor John Kasich; Eva Longoria (co-founder, She Se Puede)

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2020 4:04 PM

I actually liked Scaramucci on Celebrity Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2020 4:52 PM

I hate that Cohen is getting a second chance, just because he is now anti-dump. He did some really bad things to so many people, while he was a high-powered "fixer".

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2020 5:03 PM

Cheetolini criticized Meghan's sainted father today in his Labor Day ramblings, that should put her in a fine mood tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2020 9:21 PM

I like Sarah, too. and don't like how they shoved her aside on GMA3.

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2020 10:06 PM

Only Sara Haines will be hosting from the ABC studio. The others will still be broadcasting from their homes.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2020 1:16 AM

I guess the others can't go into the studio because they're old (Whoopi & Joy), pregnant (Meghan), or just generally entitled (Sunny)

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2020 3:38 AM

Sara is in the ABC infection bubble and is thoroughly contact traced. She is where America should be. That's why she can go to work. No way is Whoopi going to go through the rigor to sequester herself for ABC.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2020 10:27 AM

Sara requested that Whoopi stay at home. Sara was sick of Whoopi farting on her.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2020 11:27 AM

How many minutes into today's show will Meghan mention her father's name in relation to Trump?

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2020 1:16 PM

Resting Miserable Face Meghan's hair looks much better shorter and not stick straight, otherwise all her nasty characteristics remain intact.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2020 3:16 PM

I hope we get Ana on Friday and Whoopi takes the day off.

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2020 7:01 PM

Meeghan ready does have resting bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2020 10:06 AM

It seems Sarah has been drafted to spar with Joy in preparation for Meghan's maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2020 3:27 PM

It appears that Meghan does not think she is part of the MSM.

Whatta dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote] It appears that Meghan does not think she is part of the MSM.

She also seems to think that Republican politicians not trusting MSM is an indictment of the media and not what it actually is, which is an indictment of Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2020 5:10 PM

Brilliantly said, R29--I was yelling almost the same thing at my TV when she was spewing her garbage about the media being out to get Republicans. Maybe if Republicans didn't do so much vile shit they need to cover up they wouldn't have to cultivate such a persecution complex.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2020 1:07 AM

MeAgain is ALWAYS the victim. Always. She’s a perfect Republican. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2020 1:11 AM

Jane Fonda's definition of Defunding The Police on Thursday's show was not what Joy wanted to hear.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2020 2:10 AM

The show seems so awkward and clumsy now, with the hosts at home.

It's one hour of the control room back at ABC yelling in their earpieces, saying who should speak next and what they should say.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2020 2:14 AM

Scheduled guests for week of SEPT. 14-18 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Sept. 14 – Michael Cohen (Author, “Disloyal”)

Tuesday, Sept. 15 – Pete & Chasten Buttigieg (Author, “I Have Something to Tell You”)

Wednesday, Sept. 16 – Gabrielle Union (“L.A.’s Finest”); Brian Stelter (Author, “Hoax”)

Thursday, Sept. 17 – Janelle Monáe & Gabourey Sidibe (“Antebellum”)

Friday, Sept. 18 – The Political View with Republican Congressional candidate Kim Klacik who is vying for the late Rep. Elijah Cummings’ seat

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2020 3:33 PM

Glad to have Ana back, hope they stick with this Friday schedule.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2020 10:06 PM

Disney should can her fat ass now if she hates the media so much. Don’t be part of it then, you fat cunt. Go work on your husband’s Nazi newsletter and then poison yourselves in the bunker when Berlin falls, just go to hell.

Seriously fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2020 3:29 AM

Ana is such a good Friday addition.

Joy does a good job moderating. Is it because she cannot talk over herself?

Sara is a great leveler.

Meghan needs to go on maternity leave sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2020 6:26 PM

Joy is in dire need of Hair & Makeup and studio lighting.

by Anonymousreply 38September 12, 2020 9:21 PM

Joy is dying for Botox but what she really needs is to retire. Her mind is very addled for someone still in their seventies. This has been evident for a number of years. She's not very sharp. Her neurological decline is a metaphor for the whole damn show. It's tired, slow, repetitive and predictable. Take a little time to enjoy The VIEW around one of your many homes Joy. Lazy ass illiterate cranky bitch Whoopi - please do the same.

The rest of them are employable somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 39September 12, 2020 9:34 PM

R39, The other day, Joy referenced John Lindsay when she meant Lindsey Graham.

John Lindsay was the Mayor of NYC in the 1960s.

The other co-hosts corrected a rattled Joy immediately, with Sunny looking like she wanted to laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2020 12:16 AM

I know R40. Joy is a pretty great broad, but she's not Joan Rivers or even Barbara Walters. Or most of our mothers or grandmothers. Behar's mental decline and slowness to grasp her words is very noticeable. For a comic and a loudmouth, that's a big problem. See out the election - then please retire. Hopefully in great celebration.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2020 12:28 AM

But then they’d have to find another super liberal to replace her and who comes close to her?

She was a Steinem era feminist and did standup in the rough old days. She’s got an enormous amount of street cred (Larry David is one of her oldest, closest friends). She’s one of the last of her breed. Everyone else would be lowkey boring.

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2020 3:17 AM

Joy had her own show, and she is quite boring all by herself. There are lots of young feminist women in this world. Joy's voice is unique to her - that constantly annoyed thing she does. She's impatient and informed from the Hamptons, but nothing about her point of view is unique or fresh. She doesn't listen well. She is curiously unable to grasp more abstract thinking about women, gay men, relationships, sex, art, music, film. She's quite conventional when it comes down to it. The things she finds radically feminist are pretty much taken for granted by any woman under 40. Gloria Steinem never let her "radical" views keep her from the right party invitation or dick and Joy is much the same. She and Larry David would be friends. Very much with the Schtick. Joy is a cool broad. But definitely an old woman, in every way. The View is a very conservative show in its approach to women. Why do you think Whoopi always looks so annoyed?

Rosie was radical. Lisa Ling was very fresh and unconventional. Joy is pretty predictable. Her questions on her own show were good enough - but she's terrible with a follow up - because she doesn't listen well and her thinking is quite rigid. She's like a teacher. Not a good one, just dedicated to the cause and in it for life.

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2020 3:33 AM

Kathy Griffin!

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2020 4:10 AM

WAY too much bitchinon here about Joy. Yeah, she’s lost a step, but so what? She’s still more interesting than any of the others.

BTW, when did Resting Bitch Face Meghan get those huge botoxed lips? God, I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2020 4:44 AM

"Joy is...she really needs is to retire."

The other day she said she's up at night worrying about Trump. She's obsessed with him. If he gets re-elected she will have a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2020 5:12 AM

Joy is at her best on Whoopi-free Fridays.

Last Friday with Ana was superb.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2020 8:05 AM

They better call me on November 4th! I’ll have a lot to say!

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Are we really going to keep two active View threads going? Does Muriel have "merging" powers?

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote]The other day she said she's up at night worrying about Trump

Well she should have harnessed that rage when Junior and Ghoulifoyle did the show. Instead of smiling throughout the whole thing and trying to crack one lame joke after another.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2020 10:05 PM

People kind of forget that Joy never succeeded as a stand-up comedian. She's conversationally funny, but she's a hack as a comic. She telegraphs her jokes terribly and they're very old school. Her friend Susie Essman is much funnier, as is Wanda Sykes and most all of younger female comics. Judy Tenuta, Rosie O, Paula Poundstone, Roseanne, Joan Rivers, Kathy G, Elayne Boosler and even Phyllis Diller were funnier than Joy Behar.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]Are we really going to keep two active View threads going?

Yes.

A thread with major parts will continue because no body has the right to demand another newer thread close.

We have had this discussion before. Pity they didn't use google search.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2020 11:05 PM

It's *my* body, r52, and it will demand what it wants.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2020 11:16 PM

I think that Joy’s snatch stinks.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2020 12:24 AM

I wonder if Cohen is still under an NDA.

He states that he was on the Apprentice and Celebrety Apprentice sets.

I would love for Joy or Sunny to ask him if he was there when his diaper needed to be changed?

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2020 12:28 AM

When "W" was POTUS, Joy would try to make a "bush" joke practically every show and laugh at herself when most others found her humor tiring.

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2020 12:34 AM

I really hope someone asks the diaper question. Noel Casler, @CaslerNoel , has boldly written that Trump's years of drug use has rendered Trump's asshole nonfunctional. If Trump presented hole you could see his gall bladder.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2020 6:27 AM

"....and so your question is what, Meghan?" ~Michael Cohen

LOL

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2020 3:22 PM

Meghan McCain FACE-PLANTS Defending Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2020 1:47 AM

Cohen tried to disarm Meghan by licking her pussy with daddy compliments, but bitch wasn’t having it.

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2020 12:39 PM

Meghan will NEVER be disarmed. 2nd Amendment....blah-blah-blah.

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2020 12:43 PM

Yeah yeah MEEghan. You don’t care about climate change and it’s not an issue in how you vote. Typical selfishness. Think about that spawn you are about to bring into the world. That child will be smack dab in the mess that lies in the years ahead with climate change.

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2020 3:18 PM

I love how everyone was talking about climate change as a serious problem while Meghan complained about climate being "politicized," which was completely beside the point. Then she herself politicized it by saying voters don't care about it. Because of course it's only worth addressing that the world is on fire if it'll benefit you at the ballot box, right, Meghan? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2020 3:23 PM

I feel so bad for the rich white heterosexual woman. She's the real victim in all of this!

by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2020 3:25 PM

r63 - Of course she didn't add that the only voters who don't care about it are deplorables or the 1% who can rake in even more dough with deregulation of industry standards.

by Anonymousreply 65September 15, 2020 3:47 PM

I think that Pete and Chasten are gearing up to be the next Democratic Clintons.

Time for Chasten to go to law school.

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2020 7:04 PM

The show is almost unwatchable now with the five hosts on remote.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2020 3:33 AM

Aside from Whoopi appearing like she is on Ludes every day, I find it watchable.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2020 3:35 AM

So Meghan thinks voters don't care about climate change and fires happening all over the west coast, but she's super excited about deals happening in the middle east and thinks they're not getting enough attention. Because that's what voters care about? Please.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2020 4:30 PM

MEEghan thinks that everyone should only care about what SHE cares about.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2020 4:32 PM

She's clueless, r69.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2020 4:37 PM

So now we see that Sara, in STUDIO, is the only one to bring back View Your Deal.

I hope ABC pays her A LOT to shill their crap.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2020 5:26 PM

I like how Meghan is complaining how puffy her cloven hooves are.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2020 12:47 PM

"The View" is beyond predictable. You know exactly how each host is going to respond before they open their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2020 1:47 PM

No Joy today and they all sent her love but no explanation, even RBF Meghan smiled and nodded. Wonder what's up, they usually don't send love when someone is out.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2020 3:05 PM

I wondered, too, R75. When someone's away because they're sick, Whoopi explains that the person is "under the weather." Maybe there was an emergency in Joy's family.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2020 3:33 PM

I'm getting annoyed with Meghan's daily furious diatribes that "I wear a mask everyday, and I think EVERYONE should wear a mask...but I understand why they don't." Does she realize how confusing that statement sounds when she says it out loud? So, because some doctors made a mistake early on (and corrected it), we're never going to trust them again, and that excuses some people from doing what we all know is right? WTF

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2020 3:35 PM

I think Meghan's point was that doctors lied to us early on about the efficacy of masks, which has made it hard for some people to trust them now. To be clear, doctors didn't say they weren't sure about masks—we were told for months that masks didn't help and actually made the spread worse because of the likelihood of touching your face. We were also told not to wear N95s because you had to be specially fitted for them and trained how to put them on. Even as someone who trusts doctors and scientists, that all sounded like bullshit to me at the time (it's logical that masks would stop the spread of an airborne illness and what kind of training is required to put a mask over your nose and mouth—we're all expected to do this on airplanes at a moment's notice FFS). I wasn't surprised when the guidance changed but I'm still surprised that no one has ever been held accountable or offered up a real apology for lying to us for months.

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2020 3:53 PM

Uh huh, r78. Well, if you'd been on DL since April you'd have known (like the rest of us) that they didn't want a shortage for the front line workers. But you do you.

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2020 5:21 PM

That's our *Both Sides Meg*, r77!

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2020 5:26 PM

R79, I do know they didn't want a shortage and I knew that well before April and without having to read it here. But there's a difference between saying "please make a cloth mask or wear a scarf around your face and save the surgical masks for front line workers" and saying "you don't need a face covering at all." In my opinion, it wasn't okay for the medical community to lie to avoid creating a "panic" in exactly the same way it wasn't okay for Trump to lie about the seriousness of the virus to not create a panic.

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2020 5:58 PM

They went fairly quickly to the cloth mask/scarf, r81. The medical community didn't lie to to avoid creating a "panic". And Trump was only worried about panicking the stock market. He never said a panic of the American people. But you keep doing you.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2020 6:21 PM

I think the problems re: masks falls upon the people in charge trying to dumb things down for the America people who just didn't get it and the experts kept trying to clarify. It's the same with the masks and social distancing rules. It had always been you didn't need to wear a mask if you were by yourself (e.g. at home, driving your car) AND you should self-isolate as much as possible. However, if you couldn't maintain distance in a crowd, then you should definitely wear a mask. Somehow, this turned into you should wear a mask 24/4 especially every time you go out, even if it's going outside to your front lawn.

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2020 6:59 PM

Rick Wilson puts Mr. Meghan McCain (and his minions) on notice:

The size, scope, and personal details of the oppo file on the head of a certain Trumpish website are hideous and vivid.

His famous wife would be horrified.

His minions there might want to consider whether they want to join the "Fuck Around and Find Out" Club.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2020 7:02 PM

WTF is up with Meghan’s hair? It looks like one of those vintage TV commercials where they treat half the woman’s head with their incredible product, and leave the other half untreated. Only in Meghan’s case, it’s all untreated.

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2020 7:14 PM

If I'm not mistaken, they weren't sure that COVID was airborne back in February/March.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2020 7:38 PM

Trump told Woodward on February 7 that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus."

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote] They went fairly quickly to the cloth mask/scarf.

NY was the first place to mandate cloth masks/scarves and that wasn't until April 15, a full month after the state shut down. I don't consider that to be quick, particularly when common sense dictated from day one that masks would reduce the spread of an airborne illness.

by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2020 7:45 PM

r84 oooh. That sounds good. I hope Pig Eyes Domenech fucks around and finds out. It would be my joy in life to see Moo humiliated and in tears on the View while Sunny and Joy barely contain their glee.

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2020 8:34 PM

R89, I can't imagine him getting a lot of action unless he's paying for it. Lucky for him, his wife is rich.

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2020 8:45 PM

R90, On the Sunday morning shows, each week his face appears fuller and fuller.

They must have been carbing out during the lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2020 10:59 PM

Funny if Ben turns Moogan into a Republican Hillary.

Why is Moogan's child so ugly?

Because Bill Barr is her father.

by Anonymousreply 92September 18, 2020 1:47 AM

R92, John McCain was a huge asshole, making fun of a teenager's looks.

by Anonymousreply 93September 18, 2020 3:30 AM

r93, which is why I satirized his joke about Chelsea Clinton...

r92

by Anonymousreply 94September 18, 2020 3:25 PM

Who wad that nutjob on today from Baltimore? Never heard of her. She’s crazy. Love how Sunny laughed at her.

by Anonymousreply 95September 18, 2020 4:03 PM

She tried to falsely come for Joy over ‘blackface’, but claims Trump has never done anything racist. What a dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 96September 18, 2020 4:58 PM

She actually said Trump has never done anything racist???

by Anonymousreply 97September 18, 2020 5:13 PM

Yeah, the idiot tried to come at Joy with a "gotcha" moment but forget that Joy was moderating and controlling the conversation, cutting her off and going to commercial.

by Anonymousreply 98September 18, 2020 6:12 PM

The "Showdown" was lame as fuck. These ladies need to start thinking on their feet better. Granted what the woman said was stupid, but the comebacks were weak. Even people who sided with Joy thought her "The black community has my back" was cringeworthy. Sunny's spin was tiresome. You're not on Jerry Springer. And then to cut to commercial break.

Rosie would have kept that shit going and handed the woman her ass in a proper manner without breaking a sweat.

by Anonymousreply 99September 18, 2020 9:43 PM

Scheduled guests for week of SEPT. 21-25 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Sept. 21 – Neil deGrasse Tyson (“Cosmos: Possible Worlds”)

Tuesday, Sept. 22 – Chelsea Clinton (Author, “She Persisted in Sports”)

Wednesday, Sept. 23 – Arizona Democratic Senate nominee Mark Kelly; Desus & Mero (Author, “God-Level Knowledge Darts”)

Thursday, Sept. 24 – Chris Rock (“Fargo”)

Friday, Sept. 25 – Jeff Daniels (“The Comey Rule”)

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2020 3:26 AM

RBF Meghan with xmas tree garland in her hair steamrolling Sara so that she couldn't quote Amy Coney Barrett. Glad they let Sara finish after break.

Amy Coney Barrett: "A legal career is but a means to an end … and that end is building the Kingdom of God.”

by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2020 3:39 PM

Someone on this goddamn show needs to say to Meghan “Shut the fuck up, you pig.”

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2020 3:42 PM

Sarah kept her cool and stood her ground against Meghan today.

by Anonymousreply 103September 21, 2020 3:44 PM

Listen to the writer Mark Harris, as usual, he is elegantly summarizing the situation :

"I keep hearing people talk about reversing Roe as the endgame, as if the far right will finally have what it wants. It's not. It's just one more step in a push to erode secular law. They will never stop."

by Anonymousreply 104September 21, 2020 3:46 PM

Holy Handmaid’s Tale!

by Anonymousreply 105September 21, 2020 3:52 PM

Nepotism Manatee™️ was particularly heinous today. I used to watch at least the first 10-20 minutes, but now I can barely stomach 5, and that’s mostly just to see what hair and makeup atrocities The Widow McCain has released on viewers.

I really hope she’s gone for good once the crotch dropping emerges.

Sarah has gotten more Stepford since her first go round on the show. It’s sad to watch, since there’s something not right behind her eyes now, like Stockholm Syndrome or something.

by Anonymousreply 106September 21, 2020 4:02 PM

MOOghan, STFU! When is she due? Just yo away now you fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 107September 21, 2020 5:14 PM

WTF was that in the Widow McCain's hair??

by Anonymousreply 108September 21, 2020 5:32 PM

The widow said that she didn’t cry when RBG died. No one will cry when the widow dies, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 109September 21, 2020 5:41 PM

Her preplanned regurgitation of the Republican victimhood narrative nearly gave me a stroke (again). Bawling about Amy Coney Barrett already being bullied or some shit, like poor Brett Kavanaugh, and "oh, the big bad Democrats are already talking about packing the Court," and really, it's all Harry Reid's fault. FUCK YOU--I'm sorry, isn't Kavanaugh sitting on the Court, alongside Clarence Thomas? Isn't Merrick Garland sitting around with his thumb up his ass since his appointment was blocked by the treasonous Mitch McConnell? Didn't Bush get the 2000 election despite having lost the popular vote? Isn't Trump in the White House despite blatant interference by his pal Vladimir Putin in an election that he LOST by three million or so votes? And YOU'RE the victims?!?

She and her kind (i.e., Republicans) are bullies. Bullies lack empathy, and the ability to focus on anything but "winning"; liberals by definition are open-minded, try to see both sides, and are willing to compromise for the common good. Unfortunately, the bullies usually win, which only encourages them to fight even harder the next time. And here we are.

by Anonymousreply 110September 21, 2020 6:56 PM

Meghan is vile twattery

by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote] "I keep hearing people talk about reversing Roe as the endgame, as if the far right will finally have what it wants. It's not. It's just one more step in a push to erode secular law. They will never stop."

After Roe v Wade is gone, they want to ban birth control. After that laws that make it a crime for men to rape their wives

by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2020 7:32 PM

The ACA was a compromise with Republicanism [that is not a joke] to keep American Healthcare FOR PROFIT.

It seems that Republicans are greedy in that they want MORE profit and want to do away with the ACA.

Silly, because it makes M4A more likely.

Democrats WILL replace an Republican voided ACA.

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2020 10:37 PM

Poor, poor Mrs. Domenech being "treated like a handmaid" on SM after her comments about Amy Coner Barrett. How much can one spoiled, entitled brat endure? Will someone please just cut her a break for once in her life.

by Anonymousreply 114September 22, 2020 4:09 PM

Wouldn't you like to hear Chelsea Clinton say, "By the way, Meghan, I haven't forgotten about your POS father making that joke about me when I was 18."

by Anonymousreply 115September 22, 2020 4:24 PM

Democrats look to future gains.

Republicans look to prior losses.

The Modern Republican Party, losing since the surrender at Appomattox.

by Anonymousreply 116September 22, 2020 9:33 PM

The commercial break lead-ins are so poorly executed now.

by Anonymousreply 117September 22, 2020 10:21 PM

Can't wait till Meghan has to tell us about her postpartum depression and how she became suicidal...

You know it is coming.

I predict child #2 pregnancy end of 2021.

by Anonymousreply 118September 22, 2020 10:24 PM

We're halfway through today's episode and there's been no mention of Cindy McCain endorsing Biden. Did Meghan refuse to talk about this? Is it a point of tension with her and her nazi husband?

by Anonymousreply 119September 23, 2020 3:27 PM

Me thinks Meghan is voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2020 4:30 PM

Halfway through the episode on the West Coast the KY Taylor investigation broke in.

by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2020 6:34 PM

R119, It came up during the Mark Kelly segment.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2020 7:32 PM

It did come up, but only when Joy asked Mark Kelly about it. Meghan herself never said a word about it.

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2020 8:44 PM

Sly little minx that she is.

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2020 9:38 PM

25 minutes until... FAT GIRL!

by Anonymousreply 125September 24, 2020 2:36 PM

Joy Behar IS [italic] Bitchface !

by Anonymousreply 126September 24, 2020 2:50 PM

Mrs. Domenech is out today, back tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 127September 24, 2020 3:03 PM

Yeah but I don’t think it will air because of RBG service in the Capitol building.

by Anonymousreply 128September 24, 2020 3:57 PM

Joy moderating, Meghan is out again, Ana is there.

They added Olivia Troye, Pence's ex aide who spoke out against tRump.

by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2020 3:12 PM

Do you think Meghan is out to avoid being there without Whoopi? And took off Thursday too to make it less obvious?

by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2020 3:14 PM

Scheduled guests for week of SEPT. 28 - OCT. 2 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Sept. 28 – The Political View with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) ((Author, “One Vote Away”)

Tuesday, Sept. 29 – The Political View with Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Wednesday, Sept. 30 – The Political View with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

Thursday, Oct. 1 – Tanya Acker, Patricia Dimango, Michael Corriero (“Hot Bench”)

Friday, Oct. 2 – The Political View with South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee Jaime Harrison who is running against Sen. Lindsey Graham; Anthony Anderson (ABC’s “Black-ish”)

by Anonymousreply 131September 26, 2020 2:46 PM

Vomitous Ted Cruz? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 132September 27, 2020 9:13 PM

But his taxes? Hahahaha. Tomorrow The View will be fun. Joy will be in ecstacy.

by Anonymousreply 133September 27, 2020 10:20 PM

We’re gonna see Joy have an orgasm live on tv!

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2020 1:02 AM

No Meghan again today...that's three days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 135September 28, 2020 3:03 PM

Since Meghan isn't there today I'll just tell you a mishmash of what she would have said:

"I'm just looking at the politics of this. People in the middle of the country don't care about tax returns. Democrats need to not get out over their skis with this. I will say that people don't trust the media. I miss my father."

by Anonymousreply 136September 28, 2020 3:32 PM

I don’t miss MEEghan. She must be in labor. Stay away for a long long long time MEEghan. Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 137September 28, 2020 5:14 PM

Liberty Sage McCain Domenech.

I expected her to be named Johnette or Johanna.

by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2020 1:18 PM

Liberty? The next kid will probably be named Justice.

She has a bizarre obsession with patriotism.

by Anonymousreply 139September 29, 2020 1:44 PM

It’s all she has r139. That and MY FAAAATHUURRRRR.

I wonder if Fatass is fighting with her pig eyed husband round the clock because of her mother endorsing Biden.

by Anonymousreply 140September 29, 2020 2:01 PM

Liberty was the name of the Ford's White House dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 29, 2020 2:38 PM

Good to see that her god finally allowed her to carry to term without killing her baby.

Christians have a cruel god.

by Anonymousreply 142September 29, 2020 2:39 PM

She won't be able to stay away from the election and will come back from maternity leave early. Then she will constantly bemoan the fact that she came back early while at the same time propping herself as "super woman".

by Anonymousreply 143September 29, 2020 2:43 PM

Will she breast feed?

by Anonymousreply 144September 29, 2020 2:53 PM

Martha Raddatz guest co-hosting.

by Anonymousreply 145September 29, 2020 3:04 PM

She'll stay with the show as long as she can work from home. That way, she can get away with reading her husband's talking points off her computer screen.

If she were to go back into the studio, she would no longer have the time to memorize the talking points.

by Anonymousreply 146September 29, 2020 3:05 PM

She still needed her cards in the studio, r146.

by Anonymousreply 147September 29, 2020 3:20 PM

The talking over each other really is ANNOYING. Someone even started a separate thread about it.

by Anonymousreply 148September 29, 2020 3:30 PM

The show really misses Bill Geddie.

by Anonymousreply 149September 29, 2020 4:22 PM

Joy and Sunny weren't as exuberant in their "congratulations" to Meghan as Sara was.

by Anonymousreply 150September 29, 2020 7:49 PM

Ana on a Wednesday, nice.

by Anonymousreply 151September 30, 2020 3:04 PM

Oh Joy, drinking from her juice carton on air, lol.

Also, Joy is quite jovial. Did she get some happy pills?

by Anonymousreply 152September 30, 2020 3:12 PM

[quote] Also, Joy is quite jovial. Did she get some happy pills?

No, she's just no longer dealing with a pain in the ass on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2020 6:15 PM

Will Moo-Girl show up with little Emu at some point?

by Anonymousreply 154September 30, 2020 6:23 PM

That's Liberty Justice Rifle Ammo Daddy MCCAIN...Something to you, R154

by Anonymousreply 155October 1, 2020 2:07 AM

I bet John and Cindy's spoiled brat will NOT debut the first pictures of Libby Domenech on The View but on some other venue such as People magazine, she's spiteful like that.

Also, wonder if Libby has her nazi daddy's squinty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 156October 1, 2020 7:40 PM

Scheduled guests for week of OCT. 5 - 9 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Oct. 5 – Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Dave Mandel (Virtual reunion, “Veep”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 6 – Alyssa Milano (Author, “Project Class President”)

Wednesday, Oct. 7 – Anita Hill (Chair, The Hollywood Commission)

Thursday, Oct. 8 – The Political View with Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) (Author, “The Mind of a Conservative Woman: Seeking the Best for Family and Country”)

Friday, Oct. 9 – The Political View with South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee Jaime Harrison who is running against Sen. Lindsey Graham

by Anonymousreply 157October 2, 2020 6:00 PM

Ana today, hope she is there all week.

by Anonymousreply 158October 5, 2020 3:10 PM

I do NOT miss MeeeGhan at all! Stay away bitch! The show is MUCH better without her.

by Anonymousreply 159October 5, 2020 5:31 PM

But without Meghan they're not getting stories in The Daily Beast, etc. every day (because Meghan's not there to say something stupid).

by Anonymousreply 160October 5, 2020 9:24 PM

I hope they bring Tara Setmeyer in to guest host while Moo is gone just to piss her off.

Who else has the anointed one had banned that they could bring in to set her off? Did she get Sherri Shepherd banned?

At the very least, book Seth Meyers as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 161October 5, 2020 9:31 PM

Mrs. Domenech is tweeting about her nipples falling off. Just a sampling of what kind of TMI we are in for with this second coming of the Christ child.

by Anonymousreply 162October 6, 2020 2:52 PM

They added Nancy Pelosi today.

Joy's birthday.

Ana is there.

by Anonymousreply 163October 7, 2020 3:04 PM

Miss Nancy: “I wouldn’t go anywhere near the White House. It’s one of the most dangerous places in the country, both in terms of the assault that it makes on truth as well as health.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 7, 2020 5:43 PM

This Blackburn woman is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 165October 8, 2020 3:45 PM

Who is Marsha Blackburn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 8, 2020 6:53 PM

Thanks r166.

by Anonymousreply 167October 8, 2020 8:52 PM

R165, Why was she booked on "The View" and why was she allowed to ramble on and on with very little resistance from the hosts?

by Anonymousreply 168October 8, 2020 9:16 PM

Scheduled guests for week of OCT. 12 -16 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Oct. 12 – Whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright (Former Director of Biomedical Advanced Research Development Authority) & Alex Gibney (Director, “Totally Under Control”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 13 – Cindy McCain guest co-hosts; The Political View with Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer

Wednesday, Oct. 14 – Aaron Sorkin (“The Trial of the Chicago 7”)

Thursday, Oct. 15 – Jimmy Kimmel (ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”)

Friday, Oct. 16 – Mark Cuban (ABC’s “Shark Tank”)

by Anonymousreply 169October 9, 2020 8:54 PM

It's been so nice since meg hasn't been there

by Anonymousreply 170October 10, 2020 4:18 AM

What was all the commotion with Moogan tweeting about her NIPPLES?

by Anonymousreply 171October 10, 2020 4:24 AM

Looking forward to next Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 172October 10, 2020 4:31 AM

She posted a picture of joy and herself on her instagram for Joy's birthday

She of course posted a pic where Joy is heavy and Meg is slimmer

Of course the real truth is that Joy has lost a lot of weight while fat fuck megs has hid her body from the public for months

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 10, 2020 4:46 AM

Did Joy forbid anyone from mentioning that it was her 78th birthday?

by Anonymousreply 174October 10, 2020 9:33 AM

The View is SO much better without sourpuss there. Let’s hope she stays away.

by Anonymousreply 175October 10, 2020 9:59 AM

Oh FFS, Cindy McCain. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 176October 10, 2020 2:07 PM

Cindy McCain is important. Don'd diss her. She needs to deliver that Arizona for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 177October 10, 2020 2:10 PM

^^If she sticks to the subject of Biden I shall tolerate her. If she is broadcasting from her daughter's apartment and just blathers on about the baby, I stand by my initial reaction.

by Anonymousreply 178October 10, 2020 2:17 PM

now that Chrispie Chream Christie is possibly dead, does this mean ABC news will stop booking these vile Republicunts on the show?

Can Moo FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY be fired?

by Anonymousreply 179October 10, 2020 2:31 PM

The Fat Bastard was released to home today.

by Anonymousreply 180October 10, 2020 11:36 PM

And the other Fat Bastard Chris Christie was released yesterday, too!

by Anonymousreply 181October 11, 2020 5:51 PM

Oops, sorry, I thought you meant Meaghan, R180. Bastard, bitch, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 182October 11, 2020 5:52 PM

Good lord Marsha Blackburn is a horror. What. the. ever. living.....I can’t believe my ears. Oh to have had her as a guest with Rosie, Elisabeth, Joy and Star on the panel. She’s everything that’s wrong with the Republican Party. She literally said Kamala dodged questions and then she proceeded to dodge every question. Shamelessly. With the fake smirk of a televangelist. And of course she takes money from the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 183October 12, 2020 4:42 AM

[quote] With the fake smirk of a televangelist.

Perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 184October 12, 2020 5:31 AM

Republicans are putting KAREN on the bench.

by Anonymousreply 185October 12, 2020 7:22 PM

Grandma McCain died at 108.

Will that cancel Cindy's guest hosting gig?

by Anonymousreply 186October 12, 2020 10:57 PM

I wonder if she got to meet Liberty (even typing that name is painful)? Probably not with Covid. I always think living so long that you bury your own children is quite cruel, her daughter died last year too.

by Anonymousreply 187October 12, 2020 11:08 PM

I wonder if she got to meet Liberty (even typing that name is painful)? Probably not with Covid. I always think living so long that you bury your own children is quite cruel, her daughter died last year too.

by Anonymousreply 188October 12, 2020 11:08 PM

I hope people call her Libtard.

by Anonymousreply 189October 12, 2020 11:13 PM

If we have to have a McCain, I think I pick Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 190October 13, 2020 4:04 PM

I didn’t mind Cindy today. She is so much more pleasant than her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 191October 13, 2020 5:23 PM

The ladies of the view had to ask Cindy about Meghan and reading between the lines it’s obvious she’s not staying in contact with them.

by Anonymousreply 192October 14, 2020 11:35 AM

Moogan needs to have time to bond with newborn Berty.

Have her nipples fallen off yet?

by Anonymousreply 193October 14, 2020 12:18 PM

Really, r192?

by Anonymousreply 194October 14, 2020 4:09 PM

As long as Mooghan stays the Fuck away! Go live your life. Bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2020 1:00 AM

Scheduled guests for week of OCT 19 - 23 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Oct. 19 – America Ferrera (“Not Done: Women Remaking America”)

Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Black Lives Matter Co-founder Alicia Garza (Author, “The Purpose of Power”)

Wednesday, Oct. 21 – The Political View with Dr. Jill Biden; Natalie Portman (“Natalie Portman's Fables”)

Thursday, Oct. 22 – The Political View with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

Friday, Oct. 23 – Leslie Jones (ABC’s “Supermarket Sweep”)

by Anonymousreply 196October 16, 2020 5:39 PM

I really enjoy Anna. I guess she will turn back to the Republican party for 2024 but I'm okay with that. I'd enjoy listening to her view. It's very difficult to find a Republican on TV who isn't a complete moron or a raging pro-life whackjob.

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2020 8:07 PM

My DVR is back up after two weeks.

Aside from Meghan's god not ripping this child from her womb, what did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 198October 17, 2020 7:58 AM

Mon, October 26: The Political View with vice presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tue, October 27: Bari Weiss guest co-hosts; Jon Meacham (“The Soul of America”)

Wed, October 28: Chelsea Handler

Thu, October 29: Samuel L. Jackson

Fri, October 30: “The View” celebrates with a Halloween treat, annual Hot Topics kids costumes and a performance from James Monroe Iglehart

by Anonymousreply 199October 24, 2020 6:48 PM

I was surprised to read Cindy McCain is going to be on Seth Meyers show Tuesday. Meghan must be fuming.

by Anonymousreply 200October 25, 2020 4:20 PM

Joy is wearing an "I'm speaking..." shirt to honor Kamala Harris today.

by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2020 3:07 PM

Sunny is so annoying

by Anonymousreply 202October 27, 2020 3:03 AM

I agree--Sunny is the worst. She is so friggin full of herself and her political views are SO shallow. Everything comes down to race and race alone. My favorite was when she insisted to Rep. John Lewis that Biden *must* pick a black woman as VP to win the black vote and Lewis looked at her like she was crazy and said Biden should pick whoever the hell he wants.

by Anonymousreply 203October 27, 2020 1:10 PM

I disagree. Sunny often comes across as the most knowledgeable on the whole panel. Plus, she gives the best face. I'm so sick of the "tv host poker face" that most talk show hosts have, Sunny has none and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 204October 27, 2020 1:53 PM

Sunny and Bari Weiss disagreeing about Biden packing the supreme court.

Bari has a Meghan-esque interrupt and make faces while other host is speaking thing going on.

Sunny wasn't having it and didn't let her interrupt.

by Anonymousreply 205October 27, 2020 3:15 PM

[quote] Sunny wasn't having it and didn't let her interrupt.

Because Sunny always has to be right and refuses to listen to anyone with a different opinion, particularly if they're not black. When she was carrying on about cancel culture being "consequence culture" she completely missed the point about the consequences often far outweighing people's transgressions. Colin Kapernick is facing the "consequences" of his kneeling by being blackballed by NFL teams, but I'm guessing that she wouldn't be okay with that. She's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 206October 27, 2020 4:57 PM

bari weiss is so annoying. She never tires of being an asshole

Whenever it's Sunny's turn to talk she always acts like she's saying the wisest thing anyone's ever said. Like she's a prophet

by Anonymousreply 207October 28, 2020 3:31 AM

Whoopi made me laugh trying to ‘guess’ what Sonny meant to say and I was like, um just ask her she’s in the square below you....

by Anonymousreply 208October 28, 2020 3:41 AM

Why can't they return to the studio and properly distance as other shows have?

by Anonymousreply 209October 28, 2020 4:53 AM

I did not enjoy the young Zionist cunt.

Never have.

by Anonymousreply 210October 28, 2020 2:32 PM

Cindy McCain on Seth Meyers show last night. I hope Meghan has

She said Jill Biden encouraged John McCain to introduce himself to her the night they met.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 28, 2020 2:40 PM

^^^ I hope Meghan has a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 212October 28, 2020 2:40 PM

They added Rahm Emmanuel today, Wed.

by Anonymousreply 213October 28, 2020 3:03 PM

They added Andrew Cuomo tomorrow, Thursday.

Chelsea Handler just said she asked Cuomo on a date and he agreed but then she never heard from him.

by Anonymousreply 214October 28, 2020 3:52 PM

God, they suck. Sarah with that screechy voice and Anna the Angry Piglet and Joy the Ugliest woman in America. And today Chelsea Handler, vomit. And don't even get me started on "low rent" Sunny Hostin. I almost want Trump to win just to send them into overdrive and mental breakdowns.

by Anonymousreply 215October 28, 2020 3:56 PM

If Trump should win, Joy will probably leave the show.

by Anonymousreply 216October 28, 2020 4:25 PM

Bari Weiss is a stupid shit. I kept waiting for Sunny to snarl “and where did you go to law school, little miss I only care about racism if it’s antisemitism otherwise who cares?”

The show is so much better without Moo. I hope she stays on perma mat leave. This could be their way of firing her without firing her.

by Anonymousreply 217October 28, 2020 5:44 PM

Please. Sunny said the same things about cancel culture that Bari Weiss said when it came to Kevin Hart. Sunny accused the LGBT community of being a lynch mob and said that people should be allowed to evolve and grow. She can miss me with the bullshit she was parroting yesterday. She wanted people to forgive Kevin and Joy Reid. So glad Whoopi and the others had the last word on that one.

I wondered how Meghan and her could be such best friends, but they're pretty much cut from the same cloth, only differing politically. They're both one note opportunists with their own agendas.

by Anonymousreply 218October 28, 2020 10:29 PM

Why can't Meghan still do the show from home?

It's just for an hour and I'm sure she has a nurse for the baby.

by Anonymousreply 219October 29, 2020 4:31 AM

Sunny also thinks identity politics are a good thing. Literally all she cares about is race. I'm surprised she's not voting for Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 220October 29, 2020 1:11 PM

r220, we now use the Republican terminology of, not identity politics, but BLOCK VOTES.

Eg> The Latino community is broken down into the Puerto Rican block, the Cuban block, the Venezuelan block, the Honduran block and so on. Kamala represents both South Asian and Caribbean blocks. Identities are no longer simply Black and White.

Sunny, DLs' favorite Jewish/Catholic Blatina, represents 4 voter blocks.

by Anonymousreply 221October 29, 2020 3:20 PM

Andrew Cuomo not amused with Joy's crack about his briefings preempting The View.

by Anonymousreply 222October 29, 2020 3:33 PM

On days when The View is preempted ANYWHERE in the US,

ABC needs to upload the episode to YT.

It's an ABC problem and an ABC fix.

by Anonymousreply 223October 29, 2020 3:43 PM

My cable provider in NY aired The View uninterrupted on one of their digital channels when Cuomo was breaking in with his briefings. You can also listen to the audio of the show via podcast, which usually gets posted around 4pm every day.

by Anonymousreply 224October 29, 2020 4:21 PM

R223, I believe the show itself uploads show to youtube every afternoon. Expect lots of commercials, though.

It's not like they're Julie Chen, who tried to intimidate the CBS news from interrupting her show, "The Talk", because her husband ran the network.

by Anonymousreply 225October 29, 2020 5:55 PM

Andrew Cuomo blames Trump for every single COVID-19 death?

by Anonymousreply 226October 29, 2020 6:38 PM

As he should, r226.

by Anonymousreply 227October 29, 2020 6:42 PM

Scheduled guests for week of NOV. 2 - 6 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Nov. 2 – Nate Silver (“FiveThirtyEight”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 3 – The Political View with Pete Buttigieg; ABC News contributor Sara Fagen

Wednesday, Nov. 4 – Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Nov. 5 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Nov. 6 – Day of Hot Topics

by Anonymousreply 228October 31, 2020 12:50 AM

Buttigeig is not helping.

by Anonymousreply 229October 31, 2020 2:20 AM

I love me some Buttigieg, this might be his 6th or 7th time on The View since early 2019. He has been on the campaign trail in Michigan ad Florida for Biden/Harris ticket. The Day of Hot Topics are just place holdings for Wednesday through Friday. They are waiting for election night results from across the nation to book the winners and other politicos.

by Anonymousreply 230October 31, 2020 8:28 AM

I started watching the View when it first came on air. Over the years I got tired of the hysteria and definitely not a fan of Whoopie Goldberg. I really like Joy, but couldn't stand the fat politicians daughter. I never turn on the TV until the news is on at 6. I'm a reader and spend a lot of time on the laptop.

by Anonymousreply 231October 31, 2020 9:00 AM

Pete is so homely. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 232October 31, 2020 1:17 PM

Good on Anna for ripping Marco Rubio a new one today

by Anonymousreply 233November 2, 2020 8:18 PM

^^

"You shallow little hypocrite." ~Ana Navarro

Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 234November 2, 2020 8:20 PM

She was great! All of them were fantastic today. They seemed like they dropped the play nice on network morning tv act and went rogue and let their real feelings fly. Ana looked so angry she wanted to cry. Good for them for not doing the bullshit both sides dance.

by Anonymousreply 235November 2, 2020 9:21 PM

I miss Meghan! Lololololololololol Never ever ever ever will I miss that bitch! Stay away!

by Anonymousreply 236November 2, 2020 10:18 PM

[quote] She said Jill Biden encouraged John McCain to introduce himself to her the night they met.

John was also married and had children when he met Cindy

by Anonymousreply 237November 3, 2020 3:49 AM

R233, Would she have said it if he had been on the show as a guest?

by Anonymousreply 238November 3, 2020 9:00 AM

R235, Was that her audition reel to possibly replace Mother Domenech permanently?

by Anonymousreply 239November 3, 2020 9:01 AM

I'm with Joy and look forward to Mayor Pete being Secretary of Something in the Biden Administration.

I don't want to see that Sara Fagen and her Huckabeast manner ever again.

by Anonymousreply 240November 3, 2020 6:20 PM

Yeah, I wasn't familiar with Sara Fagen but she was awful. What's the point of having someone on to discuss the polls who is clearly only there to spew right wing talking points? Also, I wish someone would have challenged her on her "both sides" nonsense about voter suppression/intimidation. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 241November 3, 2020 7:59 PM

I wonder if Meghan will make her return tomorrow, Wednesday....

by Anonymousreply 242November 3, 2020 8:33 PM

Amy Klobuchar today.

I liked Amy's "get off OUR lawn" comment about tRump holding is Convention event at the WH.

Surprised Meghan hasn't popped in yet.

by Anonymousreply 243November 5, 2020 3:41 PM

I love how Sunny spent the last year insisting that black voters would save the country and now refuses to believe that they didn't show up or actually voted for Trump. Girl, get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 244November 5, 2020 4:09 PM

Mop r244. They delivered Georgia despite a pandemic and unprecedented levels of voter suppression.

by Anonymousreply 245November 6, 2020 5:25 AM

I can't wait to see and hear Joy on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if she whips off her much hated bra live on air and does a dance.

by Anonymousreply 246November 7, 2020 5:52 PM

I don't need to see that, r246.

by Anonymousreply 247November 7, 2020 6:11 PM

I wan a see Whoop’s saggy titties!!

by Anonymousreply 248November 7, 2020 6:40 PM

Sunny's already acting like she personally told Joe Biden to pick Kamala.

Sorry, dear, but you're not gonna play Oprah to Kamala's Obama no matter how hard you try.

by Anonymousreply 249November 8, 2020 1:43 AM

Mon, November 9: Sarah Cooper (“Everything’s Fine”)

Tue, November 10: Emmanuel Acho (Author, “Uncomfortable Conversations With a Black Man”)

Wed, November 11: Ice-T (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”); “The View” pays tribute this Veterans Day with the powerful story of Army Sergeant Nathan Shumaker from Hillsboro, Missouri, who recently received the gift of a lifetime from Homes for Our Troops

Thu, November 12: “Good Morning America” co-anchor Michael Strahan

Fri, November 13: Whoopi’s birthday celebration

by Anonymousreply 250November 8, 2020 2:28 PM

Whoopie’s saggy titties braless birthday!!!! Tune in!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 251November 8, 2020 10:50 PM

They added Cindy McCain.

No Sarah Cooper.

I agree with Joy, if Dems stole the election why not steal the Senate too while we were at it?

by Anonymousreply 252November 9, 2020 3:55 PM

I do not mind Cindy. Meghan is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 253November 9, 2020 4:26 PM

I have noticed that when their husbands are dead or retired from politics many of the wives come out as being much more progressive and moderate than the husband was.

by Anonymousreply 254November 9, 2020 8:20 PM

Cindy McCain joins Joe Biden's Transition Team Advisory Board.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 10, 2020 3:11 AM

They added Jon Ossoff today.

by Anonymousreply 256November 10, 2020 3:07 PM

Whoopi is selling holiday themed masks at nordstrom.com for $17. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 257November 13, 2020 3:47 PM

Got this in my email today:

"Naomi Whittel Brands partners with Whoopi Goldberg to launch The ONE, SPICEFRUIT Nutrition Just for You™, a First-of-Its-Kind Wellness Company to Get Healthy"

by Anonymousreply 258November 13, 2020 3:49 PM

Has Sarah Cooper been on The View?

My DVR listed her as the guest the day Cindy McCain was on and Cooper was not. Then my DVR listed her as the guest yesterday and Stacey Abrams was on and Cooper was not.

What's with the Cooper teasing?

by Anonymousreply 259November 13, 2020 3:52 PM

Sarah was on this week, the rescheduled her from earlier in the week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 13, 2020 4:13 PM

Scheduled guests for week of NOV. 16 - 20 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Nov. 16 – Ruby Bridges (Author, “This Is Your Time”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 17 – Michael J. Fox (Author, “No Time Like the Future”)

Wednesday, Nov. 18 – Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson & Nicholas Pinnock (ABC’s “For Life”)

Thursday, Nov. 19 – “Good Morning America” co-anchor Michael Strahan; Mario Lopez (“Saved by the Bell”)

Friday, Nov. 20 – Gloria Estefan

by Anonymousreply 261November 13, 2020 8:45 PM

They're going to be licking Meg's cunt even more when she comes back because of the Cindy endorsement.

That's why them getting on their pedestals and lecturing everyone about needing to have honest discussions with themselves was laughable. When one of them says that to Moo's face then I will take them seriously. They know who her husband voted for. Will they call her husband selfish on air?

by Anonymousreply 262November 14, 2020 3:35 PM

God, Sunny is such an arrogant asshole. Here is the rest of what Bill Maher said that "deeply offended" her:

“Democrats kept saying in the campaign, ‘You can’t possibly think Trump is preferable to what we’re selling,’ and many voters keep saying, ‘Yes. We. Can. In fact, our primary reason voting for him is to create a bulwark against you. Because your side thinks silence is violence, and looting is not. Because you’re the party of chasing speakers off college campuses, and making everyone walk on eggshells, and replacing “Let’s not see color” with “Let’s see it always and everywhere,”’ formerly the position of the Ku Klux Klan. It would be so easy to win elections if we’d just drop this s—t.”

by Anonymousreply 263November 17, 2020 7:40 PM

R253 I haven't seen today's View episode but I am DL's most-hated type of person, like Sarah and Abby, on the issue of cancel culture/accountability: I see both sides. I can't help it. And on this bickering match, I side with Sunny because I have come to detest Bill Maher about most things.

Maher is black-and-white about any kind of cultural and social sensitivities. I bought his argument years ago when he was arguing about comedians' rights and needs to make politically incorrect commentary. Yes. Comedians are cultural critics, and most of the best comedy causes discomfort by pushing envelopes.

But being a verbal monster all the time, trolling people, saying Nazi shit in an era when Nazis are actually a growing social disease, saying other hateful things, and just being shrugged off with zero accountability? No, I don't buy it. I really do agree with Sunny. A lot of times when people complain they've been "canceled," what is happening is that they are being boycotted for being evil. They are being held accountable.

I agree with Bill Maher on the principle that people progress and grow and evolve. Yes, Barack Obama was against same-sex marriage when he became president and then he got beyond that. Yes, Senator Byrd was a horrible West Virginia racist who became a decent West Virginia progressive over time. Yes, people should be given those chances.

But that's not what we are talking about a lot of the time. We're talking about people who have had lots of chances to understand they're doing wrong, and they double down on it, and they troll, and they push and push and push, sometimes physically abusing people, and they expect they can defend themselves by claiming to be victims of cancel culture. They're being held responsible.

Milo Yiannopoulos being 'canceled' is a good thing. It is not a problem. The man was being lauded by Bill Maher in the name of free speech while he was harassing people online, paid a quarter million dollars to write a book promoting hatred, and while he was courting Nazis at Breitbart, giving the Nazi salute to Richard Spencer at karaoke bars, and using Kristallnacht as an email password. He's a fucking Nazi. He should have been canceled. In that case, cancel culture worked.

Harvey Weinstein is a serial rapist. He should have been 'canceled' years ago and it took a cultural movement to finally bring the raping walrus down. That's what it took. It was an open secret and nobody did anything about it. "Cancel culture" held him accountable.

We're in an era in which our executive office is entirely corrupt and abusive, and headed by a president who has been committing felonies and sexual assaults for most of his 74 years of life, never having paid a single penalty for any of it, when any average person would have been sent to prison long ago for any one incident. And so society is reacting.

This will balance out again once this goes far enough and people realize that they will pay penalties for wrongdoing.

Cancel culture is the result of a broken justice system. If we had just justice for people regardless of their net worths and their powerful positions, then the public would not need to take people down like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 17, 2020 8:50 PM

Sunny had no problem complaining about how terrible cancel culture was when it came to defending Kevin Hart and slamming the people who were outraged over his homophobic comments, even equating them to a lynch mob (which I thought was in horribly poor taste). And I don't recall her saying one word about Joy Reid skirting around her past homophobic blog posts either. In fact, she's one of Reid's biggest cheerleaders.

She wants accountability when it comes to people who offend her, but if it doesn't offend her or the person is a favorite of hers, then she will make excuses. And this is why cancel culture doesn't work. Because people only want to do it when it affects them directly. If it doesn't then it's "Can't people take a joke?" or "They need to be forgiven."

And for a woman who is very intelligent, she' s turned into such a one note caricature of herself over the last year. Seriously, she has one lane she sticks to, and keeps driving down it in almost every discussion. Everything is not a race issue.

by Anonymousreply 265November 17, 2020 9:23 PM

R265 I do have to agree with you that she really has latched onto racism/anti-racism as her "one thing." I don't know if that's because of the past four years of ever-more-aggressive racism and the final explosion following George Floyd that Langston Hughes predicted with the last line of "Harlem," or if it's prescribed.

I read the "Ladies Who Punch" tell-all and if it is to be believed, then the hosts may not be representing their own views as much as we are led to believe. The book details how Elisabeth Hasselbeck was fed specific talking points and arguments by a producer every day, and she regurgitated his thoughts to the point that it caused a lot of friction on set. Old videos of Meghan doing interviews with Larry King, Bill Maher et al. show that she had some moderate points of view that today would be considered to be super-liberal by many, and those are entirely absent on The View. From the time she joined, she was an aggressive, angry super-conservative without a hint of liberalism except when she reminds us that she was on the GLAAD board of directors and was given an award by GLAAD. I wonder if she is saying what she's told to say. Joy used to force one-liners into every sentence she could as "the comedian," and now she's a Democratic party spokesperson.

The conversations since the lockdown are so inorganic because of video delays that it really feels as if they've prepped to death by the time they are on air. Whoopi directs the discussion with leading questions to each cohost, and each one responds in such a way as to fill out the conversation and to represent different perspectives. It seems almost scripted at this point, and I do wonder if they are all just saying words that have been given to them or if they are speaking their minds.

by Anonymousreply 266November 17, 2020 9:37 PM

If you go on Sunny's twitter page, it's the exact same self involved tone.

Her increased focus on race coincided with Kamala being considered as a top choice for VP. She hid it under the umbrella of black women, but she had less than kind words for Susan Rice and Val Demmings when they were also being considered as top contenders. It was always about Kamala. She went harder on everybody else but Kamala. It's that kind of dishonesty that is a major turn off.

I used to wonder why Whoopi gave her a hard time in the beginning, but I now think it's because Whoopi has always had her number.

by Anonymousreply 267November 17, 2020 10:14 PM

Yesterday, my 73-year-old dad told me that he watches the View. He thinks Sara Haines is doing a great job replacing Meghan, who annoyed him immensely. (And my dad is a Vietnam vet who was awarded two purple hearts.)

by Anonymousreply 268November 17, 2020 10:23 PM

Agree r264. The people being cancelled cannot and will not admit that people’s values have changed and they don’t care about old, outdated viewpoints anymore. It’s a new world. Get on board or get left behind. The future arrives whether you like it or not, and Bill doesn’t understand (or WANT to understand) that, like r264 pointed out, the people who are getting cancelled deserved it a long time ago. I mean, if cancel culture was so powerful, Rudy Giuliani would have gotten boated ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 269November 17, 2020 10:27 PM

Sorry, I can not take more than two minutes of Sara Haines's voice. You're in journalism, bitch, stop talking like a third grader and adjust your pitch,

by Anonymousreply 270November 18, 2020 1:26 AM

I honestly see both sides of cancel culture. I understand why people get so much satisfaction out of it. They have typically been denied Justice in the past, and they finally have a voice.

On the other hand, I can see why it turns off large swaths of voters. They can easily see themselves being canceled, so they vote for the other guy.

While we can stand on our moral soapbox and defend cancel culture, it is not winning us elections (in the house or debate, anyway). What's the point if we don't have power? I think that gets to the heart of what Bill Maher was saying.

I don't know what the solution is.

by Anonymousreply 271November 18, 2020 6:51 AM

Meghan brings headlines, that's what the show wants. But the viewers don't want her sour-faced anger all the time.

It's a dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 272November 18, 2020 9:06 AM

R272 I know it’s because of the election, but ratings for The View have been spectacular without Meghan. She is bot missed.

by Anonymousreply 273November 18, 2020 11:06 PM

I find it funny that she named her girl, Lib.

by Anonymousreply 274November 18, 2020 11:07 PM

My dad also thought Sarah was Meghan's replacement and "the new Republican." I told him she's from Iowa but she dislikes Trump and says she voted for Clinton and Biden, and that Ana Navarro is the only Republican and he said, "Ana Navarro is always on CNN! She's not a Republican!"

He doesn't mind Meghan but doesn't miss her.

I detest Meghan and I certainly don't miss her. Between her being gone from The View and Trump losing the election, not hearing these two nuts scream insane things every day has been very good for my health and well being.

by Anonymousreply 275November 18, 2020 11:11 PM

R274 Ha. Lib. Nah. They will end up calling her Bertie and at age 11, little rebellious Bertie will begin to demand testosterone supplements.

by Anonymousreply 276November 18, 2020 11:12 PM

Berty

by Anonymousreply 277November 18, 2020 11:16 PM

The panel is really stale.

by Anonymousreply 278November 18, 2020 11:34 PM

Somehow the conversational flow has degraded the longer they've been remote. I don't remember a lot of problems in the spring, but all fall they've talked over one another and then had awkward long pauses, repeat, repeat, almost every day. Is it because of a network delay so they can bleep or something? I understand when that happens with satellite feeds but it's never an issue on Zoom, Facetime, etc., so I don't get why it is such a problem on The View.

Also, I like Joy a lot. She grew on me over the years after she became more serious and gave up trying to be Joan Rivers. But damn, she really will try to dominate a conversation anytime she has a chance. She seems to have picked up the bad habit of talking over others from Meghan. At least she apologizes but she still bulldozes everyone.

by Anonymousreply 279November 18, 2020 11:39 PM

Joy is such a party hack now.

by Anonymousreply 280November 18, 2020 11:45 PM

R274, I guess she'll name the next one Justice, if it's a girl. Any boy will be named John.

by Anonymousreply 281November 19, 2020 1:09 AM

No, the next one will definitely be named Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 282November 19, 2020 1:56 AM

Whoopi used to come out with so much energy and WELCOME TO THE VIEW a dozen times.

Now it's like she downs an edible and its, uh, yeah, welcome to the view...

She starts the show half asleep.

by Anonymousreply 283November 19, 2020 1:59 AM

R276 moo would love that.

I think Joy ends up talking over people because there’s a delay in their feeds so by the time they hear they’ve interrupted there’s another break.

Maybe they actually need to rehearse before they go on to work out timing. It wouldn’t be as quick and off the cuff, but maybe it would flow better.

by Anonymousreply 284November 19, 2020 3:10 AM

[quote] Whoopi used to come out with so much energy and WELCOME TO THE VIEW a dozen times.

IMO, that was annoying.

Isn't Sarah's husband kind of a jerk?

by Anonymousreply 285November 19, 2020 3:37 AM

R279, They each have a director or producer yelling in their ears throughout the show, causing embarrassing chaos.

I don't understand why they have yet to return to the studio as all other talk shows have.

Is it because Joy is nearing 80?

by Anonymousreply 286November 19, 2020 4:12 AM

Grace Slick as old hippie giving middle finger out window of her Tesla to Trump supporter waving flag in Beverly Hills. George Lopez plays the bused in Trump supporter. Brendad Ickson makes cameo as herself in the crowd of Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 287November 19, 2020 4:23 AM

Whoopi's screaming at the beginning of every show really put me off. I always fast forwarded through it and winced if I had to hear it. But she was saying "welcome to The View" to every seating section of the studio audience and doing that at home would be extra insane. Can you imagine being her daughter or her business partner or whomever is at the camera four feet away having to be barked at like that by her? The audience was far away from the stage and Whoopi is a theatre person playing to the back of the house. I'm sure her performances from her perspective were more for the people in the room than those at home.

R286 Yes, it has to be for everyone's safety. Joy went on leave early because she admitted she is old and was at risk and would not leave home. Whoopi is not young and she had life-threatening pneumonia a couple of years ago and may be at high risk from a respiratory disease. When COVID was new, Sunny lamented that her surgeon husband has to strip down at the front door and take a shower before interacting with the family, and she is terrified her elderly mother, who lives with them, could catch it. And Ana's husband already had it. So I'm sure there's plenty of paranoia/anxiety among many of them and they probably collectively bargained to stay home.

Sarah has been in the studio recently. I usually turn off the QVC segment but one day I left the show running and noticed Sarah was in the studio with the salesperson to do the home shopping schtick.

by Anonymousreply 288November 19, 2020 12:06 PM

Sarah said she is part of the tested ABC bubble. No idea why she is and the others are not. I assume they could be if they wanted to be but consider themselves too high risk.

by Anonymousreply 289November 19, 2020 12:22 PM

Sarah was bubbled as part of her previous show. The View took her back because she was able to do the advertising crap for the Viewed Deals.

by Anonymousreply 290November 19, 2020 12:27 PM

R290 is that based on internal insights or speculation? Just asking because I had the sense that The View producers probably were happy to have Sarah back. When she left, a lot of people here and online lamented the loss, as she was the most reasonable and balanced person on the show while she was on it. I never watched her other shows, but it was a big loss to The View to lose someone with her calm and chipper temperament and give it over to Meghan McCain to outweigh everyone in every possible way except credibility. Sarah and Sunny are the only journalists among the cast, too. So I think she provides important grounding, credibility and likability. Literally the only thing I know of her that I dislike is her husband, whose tweets show him to be a borderline Nazi at times and certainly a Nazi apologist--which is INSANE to me to consider that she chose to attach herself to him for life. It makes me distrust the veracity of her onscreen words.

by Anonymousreply 291November 19, 2020 12:36 PM

Knowing about Sara's husband has effected my opinion of her. I liked her much more during her first stint when I wasn't aware of her husband's positions.

by Anonymousreply 292November 19, 2020 12:41 PM

Yes the husband is a weird choice. I got the impression that she was desperate to start a family and was therefore wiling to settle and compromise for any man who was willing to commit and start a family at that time. I don't envy women because that biological clock really puts them in a tricky place but when I saw some of the husband's tweets posted here I wondered how she put up with that. Her family are Republicans, maybe she figured she could handle a husband with different views too.

by Anonymousreply 293November 19, 2020 12:46 PM

R294, Has Ben Domenech ever been a guest on "The View"?

by Anonymousreply 294November 19, 2020 2:00 PM

R294 No, and he evidently has a contract with CBS News because he was for a while a semi-regular contributor on the Face the Nation panel. Since that's a rival network, it's unlikely The View would have him on for any kind of political commentary.

The View obviously does a lot of product placement for publishing companies, and so if Mr. McCain ever publishes a hate manifesto and his publisher pays for him to co-host The View one day with or as a substitute for his wife, with a segment dedicated to his book, that would be a typical way for the show to feature him.

I would expect that a more likely way, though, would be if (God forbid, but I expect this...) Meghan and Ben co-write a book on parenting as conservatives. When that happens, which seems inevitable, they'll probably have him on as her co-author and partner. By doing that, they could focus the whole conversation on parenting and set up his ultra-conservatism in opposition to a liberal society but always be able to shift focus back to a baby they'll ooh and aah over, and so he can evade any real criticism.

Someone above complained that Sunny is hyperfocused on race-related stuff, and I agree with that in some cases, but one thing that bugs me about her and about all the hosts on the show is that they always seem to follow the show's party line. So, for example, they all promoted Biden more than a year prior to the Democratic primaries (which, as it turns out, I am now grateful for but then opposed), and they all always spoke of John McCain as if he had been an actual saint who had no human flaws whatsoever. So as anti-racist as Sunny is, she will never say anything critical about Meghan's husband or Sarah's husband. They are in effect protected from criticism by being married to View cohosts, even though Ben Domenech runs a website that once used a "black crimes" metatag so that readers could sort articles just for crimes committed by black people for God knows what purposes. Yet Sunny will never, ever criticize him or his website because he has protection by virtue of being married to her cohost.

by Anonymousreply 295November 19, 2020 2:21 PM

I'm remembering today that my first WTF moment with Meghan and husband was when she said that on Thanksgiving he would open the constitution, read it and weep and that this was the only time she ever saw this macho man cry, not even at his grandmother's death did he show such emotion. I remember being gobsmacked that this was normalized anywhere to the extent that someone would say this on national television.

I'm sure this year he'll tearfully read a passage to Liberty - major fucking eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 296November 19, 2020 2:42 PM

R295, He's also a frequent contributor on Fox News Channel, mainly with Chris Wallace and Howard Kurtz on Sunday mornings.

by Anonymousreply 297November 19, 2020 3:05 PM

LOL R296; I hadn't heard that before. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Meghan always bragged about keeping a copy of the constitution on her nightstand. Maybe she and the hubby took turns reading passages of it during foreplay...before they established a "more perfect union".

by Anonymousreply 298November 19, 2020 3:33 PM

R296 does he cry out of his ear holes? His eyes are so tiny and piggy, I bet they’re too small for tear ducts.

by Anonymousreply 299November 19, 2020 11:37 PM

Whoopi toked a good one before todays’s show. She was so high.

by Anonymousreply 300November 20, 2020 10:33 PM

Scheduled guests for week of NOV> 23 - 27 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Nov. 23 – Steve Martin and Harry Bliss (Authors, “A Wealth of Pigeons: A Cartoon Collection”); “View Your Deal ” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 24 – The Political View with Former National Security Advisor John Bolton; Katheryn Winnick (ABC’s “Big Sky”)

Wednesday, Nov. 25 – Joe Scarborough (Author, “Saving Freedom”) and Mika Brzezinski (Co-hosts, “Morning Joe”); a performance by Garth Brooks

Thursday, Nov. 26 – (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 11/13/2020) Whoopi’s birthday celebration; Billy Crystal (“Standing Up, Falling Down”); Whoopi’s Favorite Things; a surprise Happy Birthday performance from Stevie Wonder

Friday, Nov. 27 – (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 11/10/2020) Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Jon Ossoff; Emmanuel Acho (Author, “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man”)

by Anonymousreply 301November 21, 2020 6:21 AM

Salty exchange between Sunny and A$$hole John Bolton regarding emoluments clause...

by Anonymousreply 302November 24, 2020 3:45 PM

My episode was cut in half by the Biden Cabinet announcements 1:30pm Eastern

by Anonymousreply 303November 24, 2020 9:30 PM

Ana Novaro tore Bolton a new one, too.

by Anonymousreply 304November 24, 2020 11:06 PM

I liked Ana's little song she sang, ♫Joy to the world the Trumps are gone. Let us, receive, Joe Biden.♫

... and her "Be Best, Be GONE." LOL

by Anonymousreply 305November 24, 2020 11:14 PM

Scheduled guests for week of NOV 30 - DEC 4 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Nov. 30 – Mindy Kaling (Author, “Nothing Like I Imagined”; “Never Have I Ever”)

Tuesday, Dec. 1 – Michael Eric Dyson (Author, “Long Time Coming”)

Wednesday, Dec. 2 – Kate Winslet (“Ammonite”)

Thursday, Dec. 3 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Dec. 4 – Day of Hot Topics

by Anonymousreply 306November 25, 2020 11:53 PM

I love the honest, blunt opinion of "Dr." Atlas this Dr. Ashish Jha from Brown University expressed, no tip toeing around the question.

by Anonymousreply 307December 1, 2020 3:34 PM

What just happened with that doughnut moment? It was so badly edited it was painful.

by Anonymousreply 308December 2, 2020 4:00 PM

I love how President Obama and the other 3 hosts gave thoughtful, well-reasoned explanations why “defund the police” is a confusing and unhelpful motto for police reform movements, but Empress Sunny dictated from on high that it was a good slogan because, well, she said so. She’s honestly as narcissistic and incapable of admitting when she’s wrong as Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 309December 3, 2020 5:03 PM

People need to be aware when activist slogans are being hung on Democrats.

Black Lives Matter took YEARS for people to figure out it was a ban on institutional racism.

Defund the police has already started the conversation about what we pay the police to do.

Shoving extremist views on Democrats is what Republicans do to control the narrative.

No Democrat pushed how Law & Order was just more institutional racism.

It's the messaging stupid.

BUT>>>>>

We will see what happens in another No-Trump midterm. Will Democrats be so pissed off that the midterm trends change?

by Anonymousreply 310December 3, 2020 6:28 PM

R309 Yeah, Sunny was just bullheaded about that. But I actually thought it was a really compelling heated debate and I haven't seen that on The View for a long time. It was tense and riveting without the fuckery of Meghan McCain screaming like a brat having a tantrum. I couldn't believe it when Sara said, seething, she doesn't discuss it anymore because "it was made clear to me that my opinions don't matter because of the hue of my skin"...!!! For once, I saw the part of her that relates to her Trumpster husband. It really surprised me but it was also a good legitimate adult debate. Whoopi was exasperated but it was such a relief to have a change of tone from Whoopi moving from one to the next saying, "And you? What do you think about that?" with Joy talking over them.

by Anonymousreply 311December 3, 2020 6:32 PM

Sunny's persona has changed a hell of a lot during the Trump reich.

She used to always identify herself primarily as a lawyer and journalist and a socially conservative Puerto Rican Catholic mother with hangups about sex who was paranoid her husband would one day cheat on her. Now she mainly identifies as a mixed black activist. It's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 312December 3, 2020 7:11 PM

I have no problem with Sunny being a black activist, but I do have a problem with the way she communicates her opinions. For example, when she wanted Biden to pick a black woman as VP she kept insisting that "Biden must pick a black woman." Not "Biden should pick a black woman" but "must." Who the fuck is she to tell people what they "must" do? Her ego is so massive that she can't even entertain other people's opinions.

by Anonymousreply 313December 3, 2020 7:25 PM

Another example of Sunny's massive ego was her criticism today of John Bolton for not knowing she was a lawyer when he appeared on the show. Yeah, I can't believe that the former UN Ambassador and National Security Adviser wasn't intimately familiar with TV personality Sunny Hostin's resume. I bet he also didn't know about Joy's role in the Baby Boom tv series, that idiot.

by Anonymousreply 314December 3, 2020 8:25 PM

At this point, it's a tie for most annoying "The View" host between Sunny and Star.

by Anonymousreply 315December 3, 2020 8:32 PM

This week my appreciation for Ana and Sara SOARED!

by Anonymousreply 316December 4, 2020 12:38 AM

R316 Explain why those two and why this week.

by Anonymousreply 317December 4, 2020 12:59 AM

Sara confronting the "hue" issue and Ana's bar!

by Anonymousreply 318December 4, 2020 5:11 AM

Without Whoopi and Meghan, The View kinda becomes The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 319December 4, 2020 3:57 PM

Scheduled guests for week of DEC 7 - 11 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Dec. 7 – The Political View with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 8 – The Political View with New York Attorney General Letitia James; Cyndi Lauper (Cyndi Lauper & Friends: Home for the Holidays”)

Wednesday, Dec. 9 – Taraji P. Henson (“Peace of Mind”)

Thursday, Dec. 10 – Emily Blunt (“Wild Mountain Thyme”); Holiday toys with Elizabeth Werner

Friday, Dec. 11 – Day of Hot Topics

by Anonymousreply 320December 5, 2020 4:00 AM

Sara has some pretty incredible insights.

Not the talk and the talk doesn't have an attorney at the table.

by Anonymousreply 321December 5, 2020 4:12 AM

I wonder who Sunny's Republican friend was. Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 322December 10, 2020 9:51 PM

I really don't understand Sunny's explanation of why she suddenly understands Trump supporters' claims that the election was rigged against him. She lost major stock with me today, not only because she said she understands Trumpsters, but because she gave a poor explanation of why.

by Anonymousreply 323December 10, 2020 10:11 PM

"The View" is officially unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 324December 10, 2020 10:55 PM

Joy should be put out to pasture

by Anonymousreply 325December 10, 2020 11:17 PM

Joy should finally figure out that with a 4sec delay; make your point and SHUT UP.

So tired of her feeling the need top fill the silence when people are using the same 4secs to see if she has stopped, only for her to collide with EVERYONE.

by Anonymousreply 326December 11, 2020 3:51 AM

Sunny’s “understanding” of the Trumpster’s point of view was especially galling since just last week she refused to understand multiple criticisms of the “defund the police” motto that were a hell of a lot more well-reasoned than whatever nonsense she was spewing yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 327December 11, 2020 7:03 AM

When was the last time any of the hosts had an opinion of their own and not talking points a producer issued them two hours before the broadcast?

by Anonymousreply 328December 11, 2020 7:15 AM

R326 I like Joy, but I must agree. It's really, really weird to me. I would swear that when the lockdown began last spring, The View carried into remote production pretty well. When they returned this fall, it became hard to watch because of Joy talking over everyone. I don't dislike her the way I can't stand Meghan McCain because of her opinions and her hostility, but this setup has made Joy almost as frustrating as McCain because she never stops talking over people.

She's now 78 and her husband has had trouble with the camera and the mic. (She has noted that he is her cameraman at home.) I guess age is catching up to her now that she has to be her own producer.

But's it's not only Joy and it seems to be getting worse by the week. The delay is tripping up everyone on the show. Yesterday was one of those days that had constant pregnant pauses followed by three people talking at the same time and then abruptly stopping, waiting and then doing it again.

Why did it work better before than it is working now? I don't get that. And I haven't seen this much awkwardness on other TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 329December 11, 2020 9:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!