Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HBO Max "Equal" about the LGBT civil rights movement

Thank God Greg Berlanti beat Ryan Murphy to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2020 2:29 AM

What was the name of that god awful ABC special a few years back? It had Rosie in it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2020 5:36 PM

When We Rise

by Anonymousreply 2August 25, 2020 5:42 PM

The OPs picture looks so glum and threatening that I'm not in any way motivated to see this thing.

by Anonymousreply 3August 25, 2020 5:59 PM

Let me guess, all advances in gay rights were now done by black trannies

by Anonymousreply 4August 25, 2020 6:05 PM

So it seems the cast is comprised of out members of the LGBT community..

...so when did Gale Harrold come out?

by Anonymousreply 5August 25, 2020 6:10 PM

How DARE you r4!

ATTENTION EVERYONE! We hereby DEMAND that r4 be CANCELED IMMEDIATELY!

by Anonymousreply 6August 25, 2020 6:11 PM

From the Sylvia Rivera section:

[quote] Whether true or a bit of self myth-making, Sylvia placed herself at the center of the Stonewall Riots – either way, her perspective on the riots and its aftermath are an indelible part of the oral history of Stonewall.

In other words, her story is totally false but we feel obligated to tell it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7August 25, 2020 6:11 PM

At least they left Marsha out.

by Anonymousreply 8August 25, 2020 6:15 PM

A project full of misinformation and trans propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 9August 25, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote]So it seems the cast is comprised of out members of the LGBT community.. ...so when did Gale Harrold come out?

During a threesome with Berlanti and Jim Parsons on the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 10August 25, 2020 10:06 PM

They took a lot of "creative liberties," shall we say, in this series.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 2:37 AM

Berlanti and Murphy are both hacks. Together with Rob Marshall, they form the axis of awfulness.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 2:47 AM

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea for Billy Porter to narrate this? JFC what an obnoxious and annoying voice he has.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote] Thank God Greg Berlanti beat Ryan Murphy to this.

Yes, because the guy who took an iconic comedic comic strip and turned into a C-list teen drama with drugs, gangs, and statutory rape is clearly better for gays than the guy known for lazily written shows filled with problematic actors that feature unrealistic alternative history used under the bs "creative license" excuse.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 5:55 AM

Marsha and Sylvia are front and center for Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 6:03 AM

Bloody hell. It’s full of Tranny propaganda

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 7:10 AM

Yet [italic]Gone With the Wind[/italic] and [italic]Blazing Saddles[/italic] need warning labels from this same venue?

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 7:57 AM

Is anyone watching this bullshit? I lasted five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2020 8:15 AM

I can't stand Billy Porter's voice.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2020 3:08 PM

Trans bullshit and Anthony Rapp = PASS.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2020 3:10 PM

It really kind of premiered quietly. i had heard about it a few months ago when it was announced but I didn't even know it had landed on the channel and only found it last night when I was surfing after watching some episodes of The Flintstones (which look great remastered). I'm surprised HBO didn't make a bigger deal about it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2020 6:19 PM

Cheyenne Jackson is looking rough.

Why do I hate Anthony Rapp? I just can't stand to watch him in anything.

by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2020 12:38 AM

Let's just tell the truth: If trans women of color had really been in charge of the gay rights movement, homosexuality would STILL be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2020 2:57 AM

You can now buy [italic]The Flintstones[/italic] on Blu-ray without having to subsidize male genital mutilation propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 24October 27, 2020 3:04 PM

I haven't deliberately watched any "LGBT labeled" media made since the early early 2000's. Tired of watching the community eat itself and pretend like white gay men are the real enemies, all it does is depress me and remind me that the future for gay men is bleak.

by Anonymousreply 25October 27, 2020 8:54 PM

Sylvia and Marsha were drug addled grifters mental.

by Anonymousreply 26October 27, 2020 9:03 PM

I don't care about them inserting trans people into the fight if they weren't there, they can add as much as they want — my problem is with them taking stuff away. Saying not that trans women and gay men fought side by side at Stonewall, but saying instead that it was ONLY trans women and no gay men whatsoever. That's the despicable part.

And that, at the end of the day, is their goal, which is why I have such a problem with them. They don't give a rats ass about "inclusiveness", because if they did they'd have no problem with admitting that gay men were there at Stonewall fighting for their rights ALONG with trans women and drag queens. They only care about erasing gay men from their own liberation story so that they can steal the limelight and pretend like everyone in the community who isn't a trans person basically owes their life to trans people when that isn't the case. It's evil.

by Anonymousreply 27October 27, 2020 10:33 PM

But it was not trans women there. Any.

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2020 10:37 PM

I just think its so ironic that Anthony Rapp is suing Kevin Spacey for trying to sleep with him as a teenager, yet Rapp is portraying Harry Hay who is a gay rights pioneer but also openly supported NAMBLA.

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote]Why do I hate Anthony Rapp? I just can't stand to watch him in anything.

Its because he's not very attractive and he comes off as smug.

by Anonymousreply 30October 27, 2020 11:19 PM

I only watched the first episode. Billy Porter is a terrible narrator. They just skipped from 1900 to 1950. I guess the 1919 Newport scandal involving FDR trying to get gays out of the Navy wasn't interesting enough. I thought this was going to be a better program. But it looks like someone put it together in their basement. Also some of the facts are wrong or misleading. Piss ass job all around. I didn't bother to watch the rest. Better to read a book on gay history. At least someone will have done research. Anyone unfamiliar with gay history would think it started with white men in LA.

by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2020 8:45 PM

[Quote]Thank God Greg Berlanti beat Ryan Murphy to this.

...have you ever watched a Greg Berlanti show?

Between the two I'd take Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 32October 28, 2020 8:51 PM

Thank you R31. I watched it. Its typical Hollywood bullshit. But you have to remember that we're in the Woke Era of entertainment. Its not about historical accuracy and facts; that's too hard & inconvenient. Hollywood production are now all about appeasing the Twitter social justice mob.

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2020 2:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!