Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That gurl, Jane Birkin, has just put out, sorry, "dropped" a new memoir.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 17, 2020 8:47 AM

Doesn’t she make enough off her hideous bags? Give it a rest Jane!

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2020 8:07 AM

She did the first disco song. Would have been better if the ugly guy had shut up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2020 8:15 AM

Does she mention Death On The Nile?

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2020 8:35 AM

Why are all French women beautiful and all French men are UGLY? I always tell guys that if you're insecure about your physical appearance, date French women or Russian women because they are used to ugly men.

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2020 8:36 AM

She's English, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2020 8:40 AM

Jane Birkin, Jerry Lewis.......

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2020 8:45 AM

[quote]Does she mention Death On The Nile?

Yes.

"She went to Egypt to make the celebrity-studded Death On The Nile with Peter Ustinov, Bette Davis, (former dl fave) Mia Farrow and Maggie Smith and admitted: 'The nights in the bar were more memorable than the film.'"

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2020 8:49 AM

The bag was named after her as she was the muse. Like the their Kelly watches were named after Grace Kelly. Hermès is the company that makes them and profits from them. I don’t know that she is making money off them. In any case she is a fascinating woman an Icon of style and fashion and was married to another icon . What is the problem with her writing a memoir. Better her than Demi Lovato. .I am an American I and I know who she is she did some interesting movies in the 80s. I saw her daughter The actress one in a NYC Target a few years ago it was so odd and random.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2020 8:50 AM

[quote]Doesn’t she make enough off her hideous bags? Give it a rest Jane!

I don't know if she gets anything for them.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2020 8:50 AM

The "banned" 1969 song that went to number one and made her famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2020 8:54 AM

R7 of course they were, she isn't a real actress. I wonder if she got a slurp on Nicholas Clay's cock when they made Evil Under The Sun?

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2020 8:54 AM

Here she talks about the bag, she does a bit of a gay eye-roll to start when asked, then proceeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2020 9:02 AM

Never got Serge's appeal, he's hideous. Jane was gorgeous, was she looking for a daddy figure? I remember Jane from BLOW UP.

And that song Serge did with his daughter, "Lemon Incest"? WTF?

What a bunch of freaks.

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2020 9:09 AM

She's always struck me as the European equivalent to Michelle Phillips

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2020 9:12 AM

If an Englishwoman is complaining about dirty feet, they must has been covered in dog shit

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2020 9:20 AM

[quote]At other times she rages in her diary about how dirty he is: 'No bath in four months and filthy black feet.'

No one familiar with Serge will be surprised by this AT ALL. You could smell his stink through the television screen. Repulsive man.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2020 9:29 AM

Hermes didn't pay Jane for years, but now gives her what is described as a "nominal" fee that she donates yearly to charity.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2020 9:31 AM

She sounds like a decent person . ^ Those bags are so stupid and uncomfortable looking. Nene Leakes loves them and so do the Kardashians . So ,so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2020 9:39 AM

[quote]Here she talks about the bag, she does a bit of a gay eye-roll to start when asked, then proceeds.

Yes, I love her face when he says "I've got to ask you..."

More of a "gurl, no" than an eye-roll.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2020 10:05 AM

[quote]Both drank heavily and they quarrelled constantly.

Glad I wasn't around for that. The drinking part especially. ZZZZzzzz....

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2020 10:10 AM

No bath in FOUR months?!! How could she even be near that creep, let alone fuck him?

In another thread, someone posted clip of Serge and Whitney on some French talk show, he actually told Whiteny that he wanted to fuck her. Serge kept touching Whiteny, snf grabbing her hand. I think I would have thrown up. Serge always looked so slimy.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2020 10:10 AM

[quote] Serge always looked so slimy.

I used to know various French people who used to put on his records. OMG! Awful.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2020 10:13 AM

R4 You have never met French men, have you? I very much doubt it, I even think that you are one of those Americans who have never traveled anywhere outside the US. When you walk in the streets of Paris, believe me, there are many hot French men much more handsome and elegant than in the United States. Whatever, Serge Gainsbuourg was the son of Russian immigrants, so not really "French". Alain Delon is native french for example and among others. I don't think he is classed among the "uglies".

Oh and Jane is British, Bardot is French.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2020 10:13 AM

[quote]No bath in FOUR months?!! How could she even be near that creep, let alone fuck him?

LOVE, gurl. FRENCH love....can be smelly.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2020 10:14 AM

It's the women I notice smell more when I'm in Paris (on the subway). Armpit smell.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2020 10:16 AM

Serge was an alcolic who was so shy that he couldn't go to a television set without having drunk gallons of alcohol. Obviously, since he was still drunk, he said and did a lot of stupid things. But he was not a bad man. He sent Whitney several roses when he was no longer drunk with letters of apology, but she never forgave him. Well, she wasn't exactly sober either, already back then

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2020 10:20 AM

[quote]Alain Delon is native french for example and among others. I don't think he is classed among the "uglies".

If the only example of a hot Frenchman you can come up with is a homophobic fascist, you may not be making the point you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2020 10:21 AM

R25 Noticed the same in New York; smelly people there

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2020 10:21 AM

No bath in four month hints at a very psychologically damaged person. Even depressed people take a shower or bath every two weeks or so.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2020 10:22 AM

Whitney was under no obligation to forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2020 10:22 AM

[quote] Well, she wasn't exactly sober either, already back then

Yes, but she wasn't on live TV saying "I want to fuck you" to complete strangers.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2020 10:23 AM

R27 Lol because you know a lot of French actor ? I can give you other names but will you even know who they are ??? Btw, that story saying Delon is homophonic when his best friends were gays, it's laughable to me.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2020 10:24 AM

I thought Delon's a famous BIsexual.

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2020 10:26 AM

R31 Did i said that ? Apparently you are looking for a fight with your nasty comments

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2020 10:27 AM

[quote]Lol because you know a lot of French actor ? I can give you other names but will you even know who they are ???

Yes.

[quote]Btw, that story saying Delon is homophonic when his best friends were gays, it's laughable to me.

It's laughable, but not in the way you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2020 10:27 AM

R33 He was a bisexual but he was hiding it very well according to some french rumors

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2020 10:28 AM

R35 It's laughable because many french actors said it wasn't true at all, it's laughable because you don't know shit

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2020 10:30 AM

[quote][R33] He was a bisexual but he was hiding it very well according to some french rumors

Not so well that WE don't know all about it.

Most bi's are very "discreet" - they usually have wives and families. PLUS Alain's famous.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2020 10:31 AM

R35 which French hot actors do you know ?

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2020 10:32 AM

Delon is a card-carrying member of the National Front, supported Le Pen, said gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt, said being gay was "against nature," bragged about hitting women, and spoke out against gay marriage at one point but later said he couldn't care less about it.

He may be a bisexual but he's also a piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2020 10:33 AM

[quote]it's laughable because you don't know shit

Okay, dude who doesn't know the difference between "homophobic" and "homophones." Thanks for weighing in.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2020 10:33 AM

R38 Yes, you're right

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2020 10:34 AM

[quote][R31] Did i said that ? Apparently you are looking for a fight with your nasty comments

It's not ME looking for a fight.

I think it's you who's on the bottle. Comme Serge.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2020 10:34 AM

He had that ugly beautiful look the French love so much.

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2020 10:34 AM

[quote]Yes, but she wasn't on live TV saying "I want to fuck you" to complete strangers.

I saw that at the time. It was a British TV show called The Word, which was great TV. People used to say the most outrageous things. Visiting American stars couldn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2020 10:36 AM

R43 Of course ypu are loojing for a fight and you also think people are stupid. Keep trolling and believing whatever you want i do,'t care about ignorant pos like you

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2020 10:37 AM

DLers are pure clowns. Every time there is a thread about French people, they pour out their hatred and their french bashing, for no reason, and they have the nerve to point their dirty fingers on how other are racists or homophobic in the country where they vote for Trump!

Give me a break M'rica!

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2020 10:44 AM

Block R47 and all the shit posts disappear.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2020 10:50 AM

I think it's great that we Europeans (especially French and Germans) continue to shock the stuffy and puritan American and British public with a liberated free sex attitude! Americans will always be prudes at heart!

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2020 11:05 AM

Ah yes, the French and Germans, traditional allies... 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2020 11:14 AM

Yes, I know Jane Birkin and I think she’s an interesting woman. She has a fantastic personal style; she used to carry a market basket as a handbag, which is a delicious irony. Hermès named an astronomically-priced handbag for a woman who chose to carry her belongings in wicker!

Besides Serge, she made babies with other men, and her talented daughters have had interesting lives as well. Sadly, her photographer daughter committed suicide a few years ago. (I went to check facts and apparently it’s disputed, but I don’t think it was an accident.)

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2020 11:20 AM

[quote] Gainsbourg's charms have always been a bit of a mystery to the British

The DM’s dry humor.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2020 11:35 AM

[quote]Serge Gainsbourg was the son of Russian immigrants.

Serge was a Russian Jew, he's not French

A former work colleague, an American woman, she'd be about 65-70 now, dated a Frenchman when she studied art in Paris. She told me he was "hot" and great in bed, but he reeked and she had to stop dating him because he wouldn't listen to her suggestion that he bathe more regularly, that it would make sex more pleasurable.

Europeans of a certain age are simply not into bathing daily, let alone, using deodorant. When I was on the Metro in Paris, the stench of body odor was overwhelming.

I guess fashionable Parisian women in their Chanel don't bathe regularly either? Imagine putting such expensive clothing on a filthy body. ugh

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2020 12:10 PM

Jane and Serge never married. Jane was married to the the late British composer John Barry, who is best know for his Bond film scores. Barry was the father of her eldest daughter Kate, the photographer, who committed suicide.

"Birkin was married in 1965 to John Barry, the English composer best known for writing the music for many James Bond films, as well as numerous other movies. They met when Barry cast Birkin in his musical Passion Flower Hotel. Their daughter, the late photographer Kate Barry, was born on 8 April 1967 and died on 11 December 2013. The marriage ended in 1968.

She had a passionate and creative relationship with her mentor Serge Gainsbourg, whom she met on the set of Slogan in 1968, a relationship that lasted 13 years. They never married, despite rumours and misreporting to the contrary. In 1971, they had a daughter, the actress and singer Charlotte Gainsbourg. They separated in 1980.

On 4 September 1982, she gave birth to her third daughter, Lou Doillon, from her relationship with the director Jacques Doillon. They separated in the 1990s. The Observer reported in 2007 that Doillon "could not compete with her grief for Gainsbourg" (who died in 1991), and that she had lived alone since their separation. Later, Birkin had a relationship with French writer Olivier Rolin.

Her grandchildren are Roman de Kermadec (born 1987) from Kate Barry, Ben (born 1997), Alice (born 2002), and Jo (born 2011) from Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Marlowe (born 2002) from Lou Doillon.

Birkin has mainly resided in Paris, France since the late 1960s."

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2020 12:22 PM

Jane and Olivier Rolin in 2016.

Seems, when she's choosing a partner, Jane doesn't care much about looks, looks don't seem to be a priority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2020 12:33 PM

I’m confused, if Jane Birkin is indeed English and not French, how did Hermès, one of the Frenchest of all companies, get away with naming a bag after her? I’ve heard stories all my life of how the French work extra long and hard to block and remove all foreign language words, especially English, from their language to keep it as pure as possible. How would they be able to get away with it here, instead of naming it after a French person instead?

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2020 1:17 PM

I thought they were called Merkin Bags

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2020 1:23 PM

R56, Jane has been living in France since the late 1960s. Google really is your friend, use it.

"Birkin has mainly resided in Paris, France since the late 1960s."

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2020 1:27 PM

Because she was British who CHOSE France and who was chosen by one of their male film heroes, r56. That fits with the desire of the French to express superiority over the British.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2020 1:29 PM

I don’t know, I will believe that when they name something after Molly Ringwald or Kristin Stewart. Or that young ingenue actress who just died, what was her name? Oh yes, Olivia De Havilland. When is the De Havilland bag coming out?

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2020 1:35 PM

They were all too old by the time they moved to France. Too late. Jane got in at 19.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2020 1:39 PM

"The bag was named after her as she was the muse."

God, the bullshit men feed women when they're screwing them over. "But darling, you're my MUSE. Isn't that enough?'

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2020 2:15 PM

My feeling is if her name’s on the bag, there should be a percentage in her pocket.

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2020 2:19 PM

I think the irony is that they named the bag after a stylish woman who didn’t seem to give a fig about status and carried a humble wicker basket as a handbag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2020 2:32 PM

[R25] Noticed the same in New York; smelly people there.

Not sure where you are sticking your nose. You forgot to add, the smelly people you a get whiff on the subways and elsewhere, are usually not born in the US. Lots of immigrant populations are living in major US cities.

Most Americans, especially those into looking put together and who wear expensive clothing, as obsessed with smelling good.

Most of Americans, especially professionals, are obsessed with cleanliness, smelling good and having nice teeth.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2020 2:52 PM

Nicholas Clay's ass!

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]JANE BIRKIN WANTS HER NAME OFF THE BIRKIN BAG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2020 3:23 PM

I might read this. Love Birkin and her daughters are talented too, Charlotte is my favorite. I always preferred Birkin to her overrated and obnoxious american counterpart Marilyn Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2020 4:14 PM

LOL. A fur coat and a wicker basket.

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2020 4:46 PM

This is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2020 1:26 PM

OMG I didn't recognize him at first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]OMG I didn't recognize him at first.

OMG is right, Little Joe looks like Sean Penn in that link.

Damn he was gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2020 10:47 PM

[Quote]This touching memoir ends in 1982 as she awaits the birth of her child by Doillon.

Has anybody here read the book? What dirt has she revealed about other Euro celebs?

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2020 11:20 PM

The book only just came out - I'll tell you when I've read it.

by Anonymousreply 74August 22, 2020 11:21 PM

If she's got a Dalida story in her book I'll need my fainting couch

by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2020 5:25 AM

[quote]I always preferred Birkin to her overrated and obnoxious american counterpart Marilyn Monroe.

R68 How on earth is Jane Birkin's AMERICAN COUNTERPART Marilyn Monroe? HUH?

by Anonymousreply 76August 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Thread from last year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 23, 2020 5:57 AM

[quote][R68] How on earth is Jane Birkin's AMERICAN COUNTERPART Marilyn Monroe? HUH?

I was just going to post that! LOOOOL

Marilyn's Euro counterpart sure wasn't Jane Birkin, maybe the UK's Diana Dors or some other blond bombshell type?

The young ones today are so damn fucking CLUELESS!

by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2020 11:10 AM

Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 79August 23, 2020 11:56 AM

Jane Birkin speaks in a VERY english manner despite living away from it for the better part of a century.

She sounds identical to her late mother, Judy Campbell, who starred with Noël Coward on stage and in an excellent thriller in 1946 called 'Green for Danger'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 23, 2020 12:23 PM

I remember meeting this English woman who'd lived in France for a long time and I said, you know who you sound like and her saying PLEASE don't say Jane Birkin. Jane Birkin!

by Anonymousreply 81August 23, 2020 12:35 PM

I wish they'd make a male Birkin bag and I mean a MALE Birkin. It looks so nice @ R70. I have such a grotty little bag for all my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 82August 23, 2020 12:41 PM

Birkin and her daughters are like royalty in France. Serge Gainsbourg is famous in the UK - any British Francophile (and there are a lot of them) know his works. Je t'aime (moi non plus) is known by everyone and Birkin is well-known enough to have been on Graham Norton's show.

I went to a Charlotte Gainsbourg concert in London a few years back and when Birkin tried to quietly sidle into her seat to watch her daughter, there was an odd frisson of excitement through the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 83August 23, 2020 12:46 PM

She's a good raconteur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 23, 2020 12:52 PM

Serge Gainsbourg may have seemed unappealing to American sensibilities in the 1960s but Jean-Paul Belmondo was acceptable then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 23, 2020 9:46 PM

Belmondo was an adonis compared to Gainsbourg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 23, 2020 10:17 PM

Belmondo was an adonis from the neck down.

by Anonymousreply 87August 23, 2020 10:18 PM

Facially, compared to Gainsbourg (and Gainsbourg ONLY) he was an otherworldly beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 23, 2020 10:20 PM

^. His nose belongs in another world.

Anyway back to the topic; I don't believe much of the second-hand gossip about Gainsbourg. I can easily imagine an anally-retentive foreigner visiting France for the first time and being shocked and confused at seeing a bidet for the first time in their sheltered existence.

by Anonymousreply 89August 23, 2020 10:44 PM

A bidet is a noble invention. All good dogs deserve their own drinking fountain.

by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2020 12:38 AM

Charlotte Gainsbourg is a good example of jolie laide.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2020 1:54 PM

You are correct r91 . I saw her a few years ago going into a Target of all places here in NY. She is striking in person. Tall , thin and dressed with a careless yet calculated elegance. She had no makeup on and had a killer pair of boots on .I doubt anyway knew who she was.

by Anonymousreply 92August 25, 2020 9:16 AM

R92, I was looking at photos of her, and thought she was unattractive, but when you see her in motion, I think she’s appealing and kind of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 93August 25, 2020 10:21 AM

[bold]OMG! ALERT![/bold]

from WIKI:

"His last official partner was Bambou. In 1986, they had a son, Lucien, known as Lulu. In 2010, Lise Lévitzky published a book called Lise et Lulu which [bold]raises the possibility of Gainsbourg being bisexual.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 94August 25, 2020 10:46 AM

Actually, in some footage - Serge doesn't look gross at all, but quite handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 25, 2020 10:55 AM

Ah, I used to hang with Jane in my jetty years in the 80s. It's not exactly correct to think she didn't care about status. Jane is a icon of bohemian lux and has always known everyone, and been everywhere, and rather at the top of the pecking order in cool and chic anywhere she was. Serge was one of the few French rock stars AND he was a genius, very talented.

by Anonymousreply 96August 25, 2020 11:47 AM

Quelle surprise R94.

by Anonymousreply 97August 25, 2020 12:56 PM

Jane Birkin, a thoroughly average looking English woman and less than mediocre and completely forgotten actress, is bland bland bland. Why Hermès named a bag after her is a mystery. She’s certainly no Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 98August 25, 2020 1:01 PM

In my opinion she was absolutely stunning when she was young, R98. Such things are highly subjective.

Otherwise, I agree that I don't understand the fascination with someone who seems to be fairly shallow and easily led by whichever man is currently in her life.

by Anonymousreply 99August 25, 2020 1:04 PM

[quote]Why Hermès named a bag after her is a mystery. She’s certainly no Grace Kelly.

She's an icon in France due to Serge.

She didn't have much charisma as a pop star.

>>>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 25, 2020 1:19 PM

[quote]Actually, in some footage - Serge doesn't look gross at all, but quite handsome.

Sorry, he still looked nasty even when he was younger. Handsome? Get glasses!

Did you notice his dirty fingernails in the clip? Ewww

The man was revolting. Jane was way too good looking for that troll. She seemed so sweet in that clip.

Serge is what happens when hype becomes more important than reality.

by Anonymousreply 101August 25, 2020 4:51 PM

No bath in 4 months = smegma city

by Anonymousreply 102August 25, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote]No bath in 4 months = smegma city

Um...he's Jewish, so no smeg.

by Anonymousreply 103August 25, 2020 6:17 PM

R103 Maybe not dick smeg, but smeg in other places

by Anonymousreply 104August 25, 2020 6:34 PM

She really was quite the fashion icon in the 1960s and 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 105August 25, 2020 6:46 PM

Sixties model gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 25, 2020 7:33 PM

Famous David Bailey pic now at The National Portrait Gallery in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 25, 2020 7:34 PM

^ Not very flattering.

I'm an eldergay who remembers the confusing horror that a daughter of a knight of the realm exposed her miniature pear-shaped mammaries on her big torso in that wanky non-film of a film called 'Blow-Up'.

In those days the attitude was 'an orgasm this afternoon, tonight, tomorrow and the Devil can take the hindmost'.

by Anonymousreply 108August 26, 2020 3:14 AM

I think Jane was very beautiful in her youth. Her daughter, Charlotte Gainsbourg, can be elegant-looking at times, but she's always looked a lot older than she actually is—I can't ever remember her having such a youthful glow like her mother did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Jane Birkin's daughter inherited her prominent nose and baggy eyes from her father, Ginsberg.

Whereas Jane Birkin inherited her straight nose and rather prominent cheekbones from her glamorous mother Judy Campbell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 27, 2020 2:33 AM

R108 - The photo looks like Dakota Johnson to me. However, Dakota does not have the presence of Jane Birkin.

by Anonymousreply 111August 27, 2020 12:37 PM

It seems the new memoir is called "Munkey diaries, 1957-1982".

It costs $23.55 but it's all in French.

by Anonymousreply 112September 15, 2020 8:03 AM

Yes, R108.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2020 8:09 AM

I got a copy in English, R112, haven't read it yet though.

by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2020 8:17 AM

[Quote] 'No bath in four months and filthy black feet.'

I smell a biopic project for Ezra Miller.

by Anonymousreply 115September 15, 2020 8:37 AM

Is Roman French Algerian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 15, 2020 10:10 AM

I told you Serge Gainsbourg was disgusting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 15, 2020 11:56 AM

I know we venerate glamorous stars but the fact may just be that Jane, her mother Judy and others were a little stupid.

Jane found a niche in France and she may have been more comfortable staying there with her "ugly, dirty" friend instead of trying to resuscitate her flagging movie career back in her homeland.

by Anonymousreply 118September 17, 2020 3:56 AM

He's kind of cute here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 17, 2020 4:16 AM

I've always kinda liked that song since I heard it a few years back. I assume that's the kind of thing Flight of the Conchords was taking off when they did their song "Foux du Fafa".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 17, 2020 4:24 AM

Is it true, as posters above say, that frenchmen are really unattractive? I was thinking of going to Paris when travel is allowed again, but not if I might as well go to Duluth....

by Anonymousreply 121September 17, 2020 4:30 AM

R120 Those two guys were cute and the series was clever but their careers didn't go anywhere.

I think that clip might also be referencing 'Les parapluies de Cherbourg' (1964) and 'Les bicyclettes de Belsize' (1968).

by Anonymousreply 122September 17, 2020 4:47 AM

Ahhh thanks R122, I appreciate the references!

Yes, they have a very typically Antipodean sense of humour, which as an Australian, I do understand, but I also find wearing after a very short time too. So I can definitely see how it would have a short shelf-life overseas.

by Anonymousreply 123September 17, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote][R120] Those two guys were cute and the series was clever but their careers didn't go anywhere. I think that clip might also be referencing 'Les parapluies de Cherbourg' (1964) and 'Les bicyclettes de Belsize' (1968).

Their careers didn't go anywhere? Guess you're not a fan? They both had careers before the series and continue to be working. Just because people aren't A-List doesn't mean they're not working. The obsession with fame is so bizarre. Acting is basically a freelance job. So are many other jobs in showbiz.

Jermaine Clement worked on the film "What We Do in the Shadows", which went on to be a hit FX series, it's been renewed for third season. He's the co-creator, director, writer and executive producer of the series, so far he's directed a few episodes and guest-starred in two episodes.

As for Brett McKenzie, during the summer of 2010, McKenzie flew to Los Angeles to serve as the music supervisor for The Muppets. He went on to write four of the five original songs from the film's soundtrack including "Man or Muppet" and "Life's a Happy Song" both of which were nominated for Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards and Satellite Awards for Best Original Song.

At the 84th Academy Awards in 2012, Brett's song, "Man or Muppet", won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Winning an Academy Award sounds great to me.

by Anonymousreply 124September 17, 2020 8:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!