Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who will be the first senior Republican to do a complete about turn disown Trump and slag him off if he loses in November?

Especially if he and his party lose badly. Who will show their hypocrisy and ditch their self respect again the fastest?

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2021 4:20 AM

Ted Cruz . Marco Rubio .

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2020 5:21 AM

Perhaps it has already started, Rachel said tonight that mitch mcconnell was not speaking at the convention because he was going to be traveling that week.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2020 5:24 AM

Michael Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2020 5:24 AM

Mitch McConnell, a true assassin!

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2020 5:24 AM

Looks like he changed his mind. Mitch will be giving taped remarks.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2020 5:26 AM

Moscow Mitch is still frightened of Trump’s tiny thumb

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2020 5:29 AM

None of them who have been vociferous in their support will say a word. Certainly not until years from now.

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2020 5:30 AM

If Trump loses, the Republican party is ruined. His base is holding onto him so tight that they will turn on anybody who says anything bad about him.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2020 5:33 AM

Everyone appropriately did it to Romney, so there's no reason to expect that it won't be the same with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2020 5:37 AM

As long as his rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, QAnon-quack, repulsive base sacrifices their firstborns for Dump - all of the shameless GOP Congressmen will keep kissing his ass, hypocritically singing his praises and anointing him the next coming of baby Jesus. Depend on it. His loss will not change that fact either. Once the tide changes, they will ever so slowly change with it - but pretend to have the exact same stance even though video evidence will prove otherwise. Rethugs abandoned truth, science and facts 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2020 5:37 AM

I'm concerned it might be Susan Collins. I'm getting that shaky feeling.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2020 5:42 AM

Mike and Mother Pence.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2020 5:47 AM

Miss Lindsey

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2020 5:50 AM

Those who fear losing the most. Of course they will turn on him as we get closet to the election, and it becomes clear Trump is losing the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2020 5:50 AM

R13 Of course it'll be Lindsay. The spell will be broken and his balls will grow back.

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2020 5:52 AM

It won't be the Southern Belle. Trump still has his blackmail pictures and will not hesitate to use them.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2020 6:02 AM

I've LONG been appalled by some of the things he says.

Am I going to vote for him? Well, it's a secret ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2020 6:07 AM

Good ol' Lisa! I sort of count Mittens and Murkowski as having already jumped ship. But they will STILL vote Republican - don't let them fool you.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2020 6:21 AM

R18, there’s chatter that Romney’s in line to be Sec. of State in a Biden Administration. He didn’t vote for Trump in 2016; he surely is not this year.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2020 8:31 AM

From the start, Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2020 8:41 AM

r11 Lol hopefully Susan Collins is too busy being disappointed over losing her own seat!

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2020 11:42 AM

The Senatrice. U-turns are so easy when one’s spine has been extracted!

And there is always another gentleman caller to distract a southern belle.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2020 11:52 AM

I intend to write my SOUTHERN senators, one of whom ran a recent re-election campaign with her face firmly attached to Trump's ass, that elections have consequences.

"No future support from me will be forthcoming."

I didn't vote for either one but they don't have to know this. 😜

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2020 11:59 AM

Gee, I wonder . . .

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2020 4:17 PM

Gosh you are naughty r23!!😁😉

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Pierre Delecto

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2020 7:27 AM

Wtf are you talking about OP? They will all abandon him if he loses.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2020 8:29 AM

I don't believe any Republican Senators or Congresspeople will turn on Trump if he loses. They are that afraid of him!

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2020 8:57 AM

Maybe not so much afraid of Dump, but having dirty laundry aired in full technicolor, yes..

(I could have sworn I saw a segment of the 2016 RNC Convention showing Paul Manafort literally buying electoral votes right on the convention floor).

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2020 9:13 AM

We have all the RECEIPTS

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2020 9:39 AM

r28 Why would they be afraid of him in those circumstances?

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2020 5:38 PM

Not him so much as the GOP base that slavishly worships him and can make sure any "turncoats" are primaried for their next election. A few, like Romney, can survive attacks. Most can't.

The GOP has been the party of the reactionary right for the last 50+ years, and the reactionaries have become more and more unhinged since the early 90s. And most every Republican politician is beholden to them, especially the crazies with lots of money (e.g. the Mercers).

This will not change after Trump is gone. The die hard GOP base has shrunk and mostly the inmates are left.

by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2020 5:51 PM

2024 is going to have a litmus test for the clown car candidates... were you with Trump or were you against him. The MAGAts will not support anyone who was against Trump. So the senior Republicans who stuck with Trump this far and want to run for President later (which appears to be all of them at this point) aren't going to disown him afterwards... they may say they disagreed with this or that, but the overall tone will be something like Trump wasn't treated fairly, yadda, yadda.

by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2020 5:53 PM

Moscow Mitch, Gym Jordan

by Anonymousreply 34August 22, 2020 6:24 PM

I can definitely see Marco Rubio. Definitely. And Lindsey Graham. Definitely. Maybe Rand Paul because he's batshit.

by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2020 6:26 PM

Don’t know if he counts but I wouldn’t be surprised to see GWB endorse Biden.

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2020 6:29 PM

Rubio will be running in 2024 so any criticism will be, at best, mild.

My bet for king of the GOP clown car in 2024 is Tom Cotton. He's another bomb thrower (figuratively and, if he has his way, literally) who is well versed in the scorched earth tactics the GOP uses and will never give up.

He's the closest thing to another Trump-like candidate that could go the distance, and he is a very scary man. Unlike Trump, he isn't totally stupid. The deplorables will love him.

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2020 6:32 PM

Our system of voting is a joke. The way power is distributed is a joke.

Twelve million more people voted for Dems than Reps for the senate in 2018, yet Reps control it. States with fewer people than a borough in NYC and have their hands out for money because they'd shrivel up and die, have power over the till and the country. Who in the hell are Republicans to ever get "angry" when they're the minority and mooching and someone like McConnell gets to control everything?

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2020 6:34 PM

The last thing Biden needs is an endorsement from Dubya. It will hurt him more than help him.

by Anonymousreply 39August 22, 2020 6:34 PM

R38, the Republicans want to roll back every progressive gain our society has gotten since social security, Medicare, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. They also want to prevent any new progressive legislation addressing climate change, income inequality, racial inequality, and so on.

That's why they continue to express such anger. As I said above, the GOP is the party of white right wing reactionaries.

by Anonymousreply 40August 22, 2020 6:40 PM

I won't be happy until Melania says she barely knew him, maybe he used to bring her coffee.

by Anonymousreply 41August 22, 2020 6:54 PM

GWB just endorsed Susan Collins.

by Anonymousreply 42August 22, 2020 10:07 PM

Poor Susan

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2020 2:13 AM

I'd love to see a 2024 match-up between Kamala Harris and small-hands, water-bottle-grabbing, dry mouthed Rubio. I hope the Dems have enough sense to sprinkle the next 4years with all their Repug illegal scandals and the juicy tea that goes along with it. Unfortunately, I also believe they'd be stupid enough to "limit" the power of the President and Executive Orders WHILE Biden is President.

JUST WATCH....

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2020 8:17 AM

I suspect Tom Cotton is a more likely 2024 nominee. He's a hawkish version of Trump, which will appeal to the base. GOP will want a white male figure (not a Latino like Rubio) to run against a Black woman if Biden decides one term is enough.

My fear is that Cotton could beat Harris easily just because of her gender and race. That's how fucked up this country still is.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2020 6:44 PM

I'll sum up Cotton and Haley: "Israel, Israel, Israel" "Iran"

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2020 7:07 PM

Rubio, Graham and others could be disgraced or even behind bars in 2024. Don't forget, the SDNY might have ongoing investigations that connect a lot of these people. SDNY worked in tandem with Mueller. Look at Pence and his connections to those convicted. Presidential pardons wont help convictions at a state level.

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2020 7:31 PM

Sassy Ben Sasse of Nebraska! He's prissed out a bit at Dumbledrumpf a few times now, though he always crawls right back into Covfefe Con's arms as soon as he can.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2020 7:53 PM

It will be interesting to see what republican politicians especially senators say about Trump especially senators post inauguration given his sinister but toddler like antics since the election.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote] Perhaps it has already started, Rachel said tonight that mitch mcconnell was not speaking at the convention because he was going to be traveling that week.

What convention?

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2020 6:04 AM

Looks like Miss Lamar Alexandra has thrown her hood in the ring.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2020 6:06 AM

Alexander is retiring so he risks nothing. At his age he no longer needs the GOP appartus to help his future career.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2020 6:14 PM

R50, look at the dates: this is from months ago and they were talking about the Republican convention.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2020 6:15 PM

I wonder if the Trump investigation stepping up a gear into criminal law potentially will increase the likelihood of some senior republicans turning on him or disowning him?

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2021 1:46 AM

How many republicans who would kill to be president are secretly hoping that Trump gets convicted?

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2021 2:12 AM

r55 A very large number me suspects !!

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2021 4:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!