Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shawn Mendes is Single and Still in the Closet

Since Shawn finally ended his bearding contract...erm, "relationship" with Camilla Cabello, let's continue to discuss him here.

What do you think Shawn will do next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4968 hours ago

He’ll finally allow himself to be seen naked, following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 108/15/2020

The hair is still perfect. Even if he isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 208/15/2020

Has he been spotted with Zac Stenmark yet? Or does Shawn have some new dick in his life now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308/15/2020

Connor is still interested in his "big brother."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408/15/2020

I was going to add a "commit suicide" option on the poll, but I figured you bitches would find it to be too dark.

by Anonymousreply 508/15/2020

He is not going to beard again anytime soon (this was embarrassing enough), and he won't have a meltdown till his career derail (so we have to wait till next album to know).

If both things have little chances to happen, coming out has a big fat zero

by Anonymousreply 608/15/2020

^ So after this pandemic is over and he's ready to release his new collection of shrill noises...I mean, his new album. What do you think he's going to do?

by Anonymousreply 708/15/2020

Maybe he’ll retire. Doubt it though...the frauettes love him.

by Anonymousreply 808/15/2020

He has bulked up a bit- looks good- but he looks gayer than ever.

by Anonymousreply 908/15/2020

Where is he naked? Asking for a friend

by Anonymousreply 1008/15/2020

[QUOTE] He has bulked up a bit- looks good- but he looks gayer than ever.

That pic is old, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1108/15/2020

he is SO unattractive to me

by Anonymousreply 1208/15/2020

He is delicious and his hole is pristine!

by Anonymousreply 1308/15/2020

Why doesn’t he ever show off his ass like Cameron Dallas

by Anonymousreply 1408/15/2020

He's gotten boring, he hasn't released anything interesting in a while and his looks can only take him so far. I liked some of his songs like "Lost in Japan" but that's not enough to keep him afloat. Does he want to be an artist or a model/influencer? Prince, George Michael, Usher, Lenny Kravitz and D'Angelo are/were real musicians who are/were beautiful and extremely talented. But I guess that era of being the total package ended.

by Anonymousreply 1508/15/2020

Is Olivia Munn available?

by Anonymousreply 1608/15/2020

Ricky Martin was a much more interesting closet case in his prime.

This guy is bland and fragile. He will definitely have a breakdown. He already has with the gay rumors, but he will have much bigger ones.

by Anonymousreply 1708/15/2020

Visually I find him very attractive, but his music is so bland, he makes Ed Sheeran songs sound edgy.

by Anonymousreply 1808/15/2020

Duet with Biebs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1908/15/2020

If nothing else, he does look gorgeous in the OPs photo. I would.

by Anonymousreply 2008/15/2020

[quote]Shawn and Camila Are 'Taking Some Time Apart'

This should reduce their caffeine consumption, with no more daily coffee walks for the benefit of the paps.

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2020

With all of the closet cases in the entertainment industry, can you imagine how awesome it would be if they all decided to come out and be done with it all?

by Anonymousreply 2208/15/2020

He and Camilla split??? I thought it was true love!

by Anonymousreply 2308/15/2020

Those two love birds made the lockdown somehow bearable with their pap shots of looking so in love and fresh as a daisy ... or was it an impromptu funeral procession?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2408/15/2020

R17 Well, Ricky never hated himself. His situation was a lot worse than Shawn, he was promoted as hottest thing, he was a latino stallion and the time was very different.

It's curious that Ricky is one of those cases that the coming out really worked in his favour

by Anonymousreply 2508/15/2020

Ricky had the Menudo boy band trauma to overcome. That must've been difficult.

by Anonymousreply 2608/15/2020

I feel a big difference between Ricky and Shawn is. Ricky came out as a solo artist in North America during the late 90s Latin Explosion and Menudo was not that popular in the States. And his target audience was adult women not teenage girls. Given that George Michael was outed and humiliated around the same time as Ricky's US debut, Ricky had to play it sly since The US was still pretty homophobic. I don't think Ricky ever said anything homophobic or offensive like Shawn and also Ricky comes across as intelligent and well-spoken unlike Shawn who sounds shallow and inarticulate. I'm sure Ricky's sexuality was more known in Latin America and a lot of people just didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 2708/15/2020

The lovebirds' pap walk at R24 is so grim, they may as well be marching to the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 2808/15/2020

Shawn is straight, only delusional queens think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2908/15/2020

I don't care if he's gay or straight, I just find him boring, shallow and dense. He had this "nice guy" image for so long but nobody is falling for it anymore. The whole Rolling Stone interview and Camila thing makes him look pathetic. I think he has talent and could be using it much better but nope chooses to be an attention seeker. He seems delusional about his talent level too. He's no Bob Dylan or Neil Young or even Michelle Branch or John Mayer. I feel the bar for music is set so low nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 3008/15/2020

He’s hot. Is there video of him riding John Mayer!s fat cock?

by Anonymousreply 3108/15/2020

John Mayer definitely seems infatuated with Shawn. John isn't bad looking and he has a charismatic personality that draws the young guys in

by Anonymousreply 3208/15/2020

Connor Jessup is the only Canadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3308/15/2020

I’d say he’s more comparable to Joan Osborne than Britney Spears. Britney has reached single name status therefore she is of a caliber that’s higher than anything he can hope to achieve. If he’s reading this: Just come out already! We promise we’ll be nice. (Kind of.)

by Anonymousreply 3408/15/2020

R34 Agree, regardless of what people's opinions are on Britney's talent, it is indisputable she was the biggest female pop star of the 2000s. Shawn Mendes is not even close to the level of fame nor has any significant hits to claim. Camila is probably bigger than him right now. If he does come out as gay it may help his career like it did with Troye Sivan and Hayley Kiyoko but none of those people are really that big either.

by Anonymousreply 3508/15/2020

R29 If he is straight he is the gayest straight guy ever (which is and weird combination with his homophobia)

by Anonymousreply 3608/15/2020

R34 Umm, no. Joan Osbourne was a one hit wonder, Shawn had several hits, but curiously One of us will still be played in ten years and i doubt any of Shawn's songs will do

by Anonymousreply 3708/15/2020

He is not straight. Anyone who says he is has an awful gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 3808/15/2020

[Quote] Shawn is straight, only delusional queens think otherwise.

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3908/15/2020

I really can't believe those two wasted a good 4 months on this bs quarantine couple routine. I guess he stayed because the weather was nicer in FL than Canada in the beginning. I remember when their team tried pushing the ghost story that an engagement could occur. They wanted to show how serious these two are getting, but it's laughable for pop stars on the assent to upset their fans with a marriage.

The protests really hurt Camilla's brand. People are not going to forget her racists tweets. Sorry girl. Shawn is barely able to get a pass, which is why their teams are distancing them. Two problematic artist with racists tweets is not a good look. Seems like the only male pop star to come out better from this quarantine is Justin Bieber. He dropped a hit with pop princess Ariana Grande, skyped with Gen-Z favorites like Tom Holland, and reminded older folks like myself that he has his base on lock (which includes some straight guys).

by Anonymousreply 4008/15/2020

The real Shawn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4108/15/2020

[quote] Shawn is straight, only delusional queens think otherwise. LOL

I had never paid much attention to him, but at R39 he sounds like a WeHo queen.

by Anonymousreply 4208/15/2020

I'm curious to know where the "Welp Troll" troll is lurking these days and what her explanation for this "break" in their "relationship" is. LOL

by Anonymousreply 4308/15/2020

He just seems so fake but I’m not his target audience.

He also seems to have hit an invisible ceiling. I think because he has a thin personality and only skin deep. You can’t get much juice from that. You can make for a good model though. Or commercial spokesperson. Like for ProActiv, etc. Quite lucrative.

But I think we’ve seen all there is to see, “artistically” speaking.

by Anonymousreply 4408/15/2020

He is dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 4508/15/2020

I reported to you whores months ago that I saw these two at a coffee shop and as soon as he came out of the bathroom she was all over him and they legit seem to be into each other.

by Anonymousreply 4608/15/2020

^ Clearly not that into each other, since they aren't a "thing" anymore LOL.

by Anonymousreply 4708/15/2020

What does he have to lose at this point? His career isn't really going anywhere, his songs suck, and the fauxmance turned him into a laughingstock. He should come out; everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 4808/15/2020

Jessie McCartney called...

by Anonymousreply 4908/15/2020

Shawn Mendes is turning out to be one of those gays like Taylor Lautner. Everyone can see it from outer space. They can't hide their mannerisms for shit. And yet they refuse to come out.

by Anonymousreply 5008/15/2020

[quote] Camila is probably bigger than him right now

That's so funny, of course she's not. He filled stadiums last year while she had problems selling tickets to her upcoming tour and her singles flopped. Her constant raving about their romance last year was cringeworthy. It would be embarrassing for both of them if they broke up and that's why she's been keeping a very low profile. She used to post frequently on social media but she's been unusually quiet.

by Anonymousreply 5108/15/2020

She’s starring in a blockbuster movie. He’s not

by Anonymousreply 5208/15/2020

What movie is she in?

by Anonymousreply 5308/15/2020

Cinderella

by Anonymousreply 5408/15/2020

IDK who he is but I like the shirt at least.

by Anonymousreply 5508/15/2020

Cinderella will flop.

Camila is posting a lot of BLM stuff on SM like she feels guilty.

by Anonymousreply 5608/15/2020

Wow, no bulge in the OP. Maybe clit?

by Anonymousreply 5708/15/2020

Where are the receipts that they are not together anymore?

by Anonymousreply 5808/15/2020

R56 what Camilla should be doing is loosing weight......

by Anonymousreply 5908/15/2020

R59 she is mexican and cuban eventually her genes will take over.

by Anonymousreply 6008/15/2020

[quote]Where are the receipts that they are not together anymore?

They're "taking some time apart." Which will no doubt be permanent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6108/15/2020

I guess he will have to start twerking to keep you bitches from saying he's boring

by Anonymousreply 6208/15/2020

[quote]I'm curious to know where the "Welp Troll" troll is lurking these days and what her explanation for this "break" in their "relationship" is. LOL

You missed her. She made an appearance at R29.

by Anonymousreply 6308/15/2020

Shawn lusting after a guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6408/16/2020

SM and HS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6508/16/2020

He is so sad, if I was in his place I'd come out and retire with my millions and invest. And have all the hot cock available.

by Anonymousreply 6608/16/2020

R48 His last era was successful with one number 1 and one number 2 (it's difficult to understand why he didn't release more singles) and decent sales of his album.

He even got those grammy nomination. So his career is perfectly ok right now.

The problem is that unlike Justin Bieber he didn't gain any adult fans, and without adult fans your lifespan is very limited

by Anonymousreply 6708/16/2020

R50 If only they were able to refuse to come out without bearding. Everytime they are in a "relationship" they are mocked because it's simply not believable which make them look pathetic.

Anyway, at least Taylor doesn't seem to feel the need to show how offended he is by the gay rumours

by Anonymousreply 6808/16/2020

Apparently there are still way too many people who want to believe the PR lies. Otherwise the bearding game would be a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 6908/16/2020

R63 Jesus, that's the "Welp Troll" troll? She must have multiple accounts. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 7008/16/2020

I don't think Shawn or Taylor or allowed to come out. Shawn because of his team and Taylor because of his family/religion. I followed Taylor on FB and Instagram because the guy is actually really funny. Unfortunately, most of his posts are now about his "girlfriend" and they just aren't believable as a couple at all.

I think Taylor could have a pretty successful career as a comedian if he'd just come out already.

by Anonymousreply 7108/16/2020

R71 again. I meant to add that I also think that "fake" magazine cover a few years back was just Taylor testing the waters to come out. Then it all went to hell.

by Anonymousreply 7208/16/2020

R71 Taylor is old enough to take his own decisions and he decided he doesn't want to be gay, period.

The fact that people laugh at his attempts to beard should be enough for any inteligent man to at least stop making yourself looking like a fool but he seems unable to stop.

He is a millionaire, his career is not going anywhere (maybe because his acting chops are very limited) but he is unable to live a full life which is all kinds of pathetic.

And yes, Shawn will follow the same route, but i can see Shawn exploding if he is questioned on an interview, and i can see him screwing it big time (if he was able to do so bad in a printed interview things could go out of control in a tv or radio interview). He seems to hate himself.

And the positive side he is way younger than Taylor so maybe there's some hope.

What amuses me is the fact that he is so obsessed with people thinking he is gay but then he chose some very feminine clothes, because those boots he always wears are incredibly feminine

by Anonymousreply 7308/16/2020

R71: Shawn can't come out because his fanbase is still teenage girls. He hasn't gained any adult fans. If he came out, he could become the poster boy for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 7408/16/2020

R38 I have a total piece of shit gaydar and he pings my gaydar, but I dont trust it so I will defer to the judgement of others with better gaydar

He is fucking hot as well which scrambles my gaydar even worser if possible

by Anonymousreply 7508/16/2020

With his twink, boyish look, he won't come out. Once he looses that or develops into the mature man look who knows.

by Anonymousreply 7608/16/2020

He’d come out if he found the right guy who made him want to live openly. But since he probably seeks out other closet cases like him and avoids openly gay men, that ship won’t be arriving anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 7708/16/2020

I hope he gets a husband one day.

by Anonymousreply 7808/16/2020

Old quote about Shawn

[Quote]Shawn said that he’s been wearing the white adidas sneakers because it makes fans less nervous around him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7908/16/2020

The sneakers are a hell of a lot better than those boots he used to wear.

by Anonymousreply 8008/16/2020

Is “go away “ an option?

by Anonymousreply 8108/16/2020

SM has NOTHING between his legs. It’s sad and disappointing. Most pictures confirm this.

by Anonymousreply 8208/16/2020

He’s got something between there, alright. It might not be enough to satisfy an obvious size queen like you, R82, but it’s there.

by Anonymousreply 8308/16/2020

The liar about the coffee shop PDA at R46 is all over the Aaron Rodgers threads, hissing at the evil queens for calling obviously gay Aaron Rodgers GAY.

He's just a hateful liar.

He's making up the heterosexual PDA story.

by Anonymousreply 8408/16/2020

The comparisons to Ricky Martin are interesting. Shawn needs someone to come in and engineer the next phase of his music career. Like when Tommy Mottola hooked Jennifer Lopez up with Irv Gotti and Ja Rule. Her music skyrocketed after that. He has the goods, he just someone clever to figure out how he can work it.

by Anonymousreply 8508/16/2020

[quote]Taylor because of his family/religion.

Yes, Taylor comes from a Christian fundie family in Michigan (from the same area as Mitt Romney). Taylor's father is also said to be very controlling.

by Anonymousreply 8608/16/2020

I compared Shawn to 80's Portuguese teen pop singer Glenn Mederios in the last thread because they both seem incredibly gay and had a lisp when they sang/talked. I hope Shawn doesn't follow this path because Mederios is married now with two kids, is ugly and a Catholic. Blech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8708/16/2020

He should consult Ryan Seacrest who has decades of the experience with bearding.

by Anonymousreply 8808/16/2020

R86 I wouldn't be surprised if his father managed to finagle things so that he has been able to maintain control of the bulk of Taylor's finances.

by Anonymousreply 8908/16/2020

His deluded fans refuse to face up to reality...their beloved teen idol is a flaming homosexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9008/16/2020

Well, R90, if the fans aren't buying the story about their break-up, then it must not be true!

by Anonymousreply 9108/16/2020

R80 it seems like he won't give up those boots despite how ugly they are or how a couple different times he almost fell on his ass while wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 9208/16/2020

I dunno, honey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9308/16/2020

I think a collaboration with LightSkinKeisha and Saucy Santana is just what he needs to bust out the closet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9408/16/2020

R78 Ugh, I can actually see him on the cover of people magazine with a gayby like Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 9508/17/2020

I don't know.

There are singers and actors who struggle with the bearding, there are others who are so ambitious that they do what they have to do, but most of them know who they are. I think Shawn simply refuses to accept he is gay, he is uncomfortable with the fact that others think he is gay.

I can't see him coming out of the closet anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 9608/17/2020

Shawn Mendes looks like David Pakman to me (another closet case).

by Anonymousreply 9708/17/2020

I knew David Pakman years ago. If the comparison is apt, then Shawn is secretly a huge asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9808/17/2020

Every single person on the planet knows he's gay. He ain't fooling anybody.

by Anonymousreply 9908/17/2020

R98 the only people who aren't aware shawn's an asshole are the ones that don't know/remember he was once part of magcon. all the vine guys on that troupe were and still are total asses

by Anonymousreply 10008/17/2020

It should blow up in Mendes’ face, like bukkake.

by Anonymousreply 10108/17/2020

Mainstream profits trump (artistic) integrity and credibility. Mendes is a glorified lounge singer.

by Anonymousreply 10208/17/2020

She's one straining stitch away from presenting hole @ OP

by Anonymousreply 10308/17/2020

R102 Lounge singers have more talent than Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 10408/17/2020

R100 They were everywhere for a while, but now only Shawn and Cameron Dallas are on the public eye, and i think they don't have a good relationship

by Anonymousreply 10508/17/2020

I call for a moratorium on Shawn threads until everyone gets some new material. The same pics and takes have been posed for 5 years. There’s nothing new to add.

by Anonymousreply 10608/17/2020

R98 Hmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10708/17/2020

I love a feisty bottom.

by Anonymousreply 10808/17/2020

R106, I think the reason OP started a new thread is because of the new article saying Shawn & Camilla are 'taking some time apart'. So it's a new development.

by Anonymousreply 10908/17/2020

Plus, we were done posting in a thread about Camilla when she's no longer in the picture anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11008/17/2020

He’s a fraud for fraus.

by Anonymousreply 11108/17/2020

saw some pic the other day of him at the beach, he's wearing these black swim shorts and he just got out the water so he's all wet, and obviously the shorts are sticking to him like spandex, and very much like with the skinny jeans, there's not a single hint of bulge. just a completely flat crotch. so either this boy is tucking all the time or he doesn't have male genitals

by Anonymousreply 11208/17/2020

So link it

by Anonymousreply 11308/17/2020

R113

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11408/17/2020

R113

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11508/17/2020

hes a bottom gurl, aint nobody looking for his dick!

by Anonymousreply 11608/17/2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11708/17/2020

R116 Agreed. I don't think his lacking in dick size matters to anyone who thinks he's attractive. The ass seals the deal. It's funny that he looks like he has a vagina in a lot of pictures, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11808/18/2020

His ass isn’t bad for a tall guy

by Anonymousreply 11908/18/2020

The 10 things SM can't live without.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12008/18/2020

R118 i've seen plenty of people on tumblr and twitter think that he's vers. must be hungry little bottoms that drool over any guy that's over 5'9'. what i've also seen on there is posts about how he's actually a transman and has a pussy instead of dick and balls. and they're not joking posts, they're horny posts. dudes literally getting hard at the idea of him being a ftm

by Anonymousreply 12108/18/2020

Does anyone have that video of a gay imitating what dating Shawn would be like? I forgot who did it but it was so funny and real lol I think it was on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 12208/18/2020

^ You mean this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12308/18/2020

Or this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12408/18/2020

Or this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12508/18/2020

R123 - R125

Thanks so much! Those crack me up lmao. I thought I was following him but I guess I wasn’t. *follow*

by Anonymousreply 12608/18/2020

^ No problem. It's great that we on the DL have a sense of humor because a lot of queens are humorless.

[Quote] This bummed me out. It feels like the subtext is “Shawn Mendez is gay and we know it.” Leave the guy alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12708/18/2020

R127 Well, he is one of those "don't push your sexuality on Shawn" or something crappy like that.

The truth there's no way to imitate Shawn without showing how effeminate he is. Being effeminate won't be a problem if he wasn't so obsessed with wanting that people think he is straight

by Anonymousreply 12808/18/2020

Agreed. It's a shame that Shawn's defenders are retarded tweens and gays with moobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12908/18/2020

Mendes wanna be's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13008/18/2020

Shawn's team does a terrible job of trying to make him look straight. He's positioning this pizza slice the way he would position a giant dick in his mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13108/19/2020

Also did that stupid kiss Benito Skinner imitates in his impression for his recent birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13208/19/2020

I hate Hollywood for making all of these people stay in the closet. People say Hollywood is so pro-gay and progressive, and that is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 13308/19/2020

Hollywood is fake and phony and all about keeping up an illusion. It is only pro-money. Hollywood knows that with male singers who sing silly love songs to tween girls have to keep up a fantasy of being "obtainable" and also not to piss off their homophobic parents. Same with young male teen actors with fangirls. Hence they try to keep them in the closet. For adult male actors who want leading man roles, it is more they are afraid their sexuality would get in the way of them being casted and audiences would be so homophobic as to not go to see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 13408/19/2020

cast

by Anonymousreply 13508/19/2020

He could impregnate 3 women on live TV, and it would not convince me that he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 13608/19/2020

Not enough brave people in the entertainment industry or pro sports to come out of the closet. Just like those black kids who integrated southern schools...you have to do it in spite of the fear. But usually they have families and agents and PR people who don’t want the gravy train to derail.

by Anonymousreply 13708/19/2020

R136

Lol that would be tragic and painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 13808/19/2020

Reading some of the letters to the editor in the 50's fan magazines from this thread reminds me of tween tards like the "Welp Troll" troll. Perhaps one of the girls in the fan letters section is her grandmother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13908/19/2020

R133 I don't think Shawn is one of those cases.

Let's be honest, at least half of the closet cases who beard do it because they are ambitious and have a big ego. Most of them have no shame and they are ready to go very far to keep the charade (even in some cases it's not working to promote their careers at all).

In other cases they are naive and manipulated, and most of them are uncomfortable with the situation.

But in my oppinion Shawn is not in any of those cases. It's pretty obvious that he just doesn't want to be gay and he doesn't want people to think he is gay. I doubt he is pressured to do anything, not even the bearding with Camila. If he was really pressured he wouldn't use the headbands, some of his jewlery and those high heel boots

by Anonymousreply 14008/19/2020

^ It's true that he comes across as a bit self loathing and his queeniness is extremely apparent in spite of his best efforts to appear "straight," but it's obvious that he's also facing pressure from his management team to stay closeted. His "buds" are all straight bros (with the exception of Connor), so you know there's an element of peer pressure there. Who I'd really like to hear from is that guy Kareem, the one Shawn called the N word. I bet you he knows the real Shawn and would spill the beans if given an incentive to do so.

by Anonymousreply 14108/19/2020

But he seems to have a tendency to surround himself with that type of guys because he did it all by himself when he was a Vine star

by Anonymousreply 14208/19/2020

@Kareem, the one Shawn called the N word.“

WHAT???

by Anonymousreply 14308/19/2020

^ You didn't know about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14408/19/2020

Shawn Mendes is CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14508/19/2020

R142 Some people won't let facts get in the way of the story they want to tell, and some people are obviously locked into the idea he's being forced into it by management. Hell, there are people here who think his management tell him how to pose with a slice of pizza.

by Anonymousreply 14608/19/2020

R133 - It's not "hollywood." Hollywood is a patch of land. It's people .. or more likely a person that puts pressure on celebrities to behave in a certain way. And sometimes the only putting pressure on them is themselves.

SM is either badly managed by someone who is controlling, and has convinced him that being truthful about who/what he is would be damaging to him - or he is like the millions of other closeted men who have convinced themselves that the world cannot handle their sexuality, when they are the ones who can't handle it.

This is item #1 from "Objections To Coming Out 101".

by Anonymousreply 14708/19/2020

R147 It's pretty obviously the latter, given he was the same pre-management.

by Anonymousreply 14808/19/2020

Shawn is still in his early 20s, give him some time. He will come out like Colton, Garrett Clayton, Jussie and the rest of them hoes. You can only stay in so long when you are a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 14908/19/2020

R147, some celebrities are pressured by the industry not to come out. When Garrett Clayton did his coming out interview a couple years ago, he said that when he was young a studio executive told him to butch it up & stay in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 15008/19/2020

r150, that's true for sure. I know Ty Herndon said people told him to get married to help his career

by Anonymousreply 15108/19/2020

R150 - my point is that “a” studio exec telling someone to butch it up is not “the industry” telling anyone anything. It’s just ONE person giving bad advice to someone whose internal homophobia makes it easy to stay in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 15208/19/2020

Shawn outside of Justin Beiber home studio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15308/19/2020

OK so for openly gay male musicians to support. You have Darren Hayes, Rufus Wainwright, Ricky Martin, Adam Lambert, Ryan Beatty, Olly Alexander, Troye Sivan, Lil Nas X, Joey Pollari, Barry Mannilow, Elton John, Sam Smith, Marc Almond, Neil Tennant, Kaytranada, Johnny Mathis, Boy George, Anye Elite and Fred Schneider.

by Anonymousreply 15408/19/2020

R153 He looks like a young Jewish woman with no boobs.

by Anonymousreply 15508/20/2020

🤨 Birkenstocks? Eh. Still better than the boots.

by Anonymousreply 15608/20/2020

I don't understand why Shawn's management thinks it's a good idea for him to be collaborating with Bieber. Like, what does he get out of it? Bieber is toxic and is only going to drag him down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15708/20/2020

#TBT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15808/20/2020

R157 It's very simple, Bieber is still way more popular than Shawn, and unlike him he was able to transition from teenage star to adult singer.

Bieber had a terrible reputation but it got better in recent years. Yes, he seems on the verge of a meltdown all the time, and all the religious stuff is or a way to become a cultist or a way to blur the bad reputation, but in part is working, maybe because he is not constantly in the news and most of the times is because of his music and not his mess of life

by Anonymousreply 15908/20/2020

How many artists are dying to do a track with Shawn Mendes? It’s not like he has a lot to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 16008/20/2020

R157

I see it the other way around. I don’t get why Bieber would want to work with this bland.

by Anonymousreply 16108/20/2020

R161 Maybe he wants to be associated to someone with a clean image (Shawn used to have one, and even with his dissastrous interviews and PR mockery, he has no scandals in his career)

by Anonymousreply 16208/20/2020

No scandals? His career is only five years old and he was almost cancelled over racist tweets. Then it came back up in the news again when his beard Camila recently had to answer for own past racist tweets. Now they’re both on thin ice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16308/20/2020

R163 Sorry to bust your bubble but unless it crossover to the mass media a twitter scandal is a storm in a glass of water.

Yes, some people try to cancel him every three months using the same old tweets (which in the worst case scenario are insensitive but pretty tame in comparission with a real scandal) and they fail everytime because nobody cared.

Even the RS interview which is probably one of the worst interviews from a celebrity in recent times didn't hurt that much his career (i recognize he was saved thanks to the clean image he had).

Compared with most singers he is as clean as he is boring

by Anonymousreply 16408/20/2020

[quote]How many artists are dying to do a track with Shawn Mendes?

Maluma and Tyler the Creator both want to work with Shawn! 😉🌈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16508/20/2020

bieber is trash, but seems exactly the type of guy shawn would associate himself with. bieber is basically no different than shawn's old vine buddies

by Anonymousreply 16608/20/2020

canadian bros stick together, now all they need is Drake to stop by to top them

by Anonymousreply 16708/20/2020

I don't think Drake is a big fan of Shawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16808/20/2020

OPs shot looks like major Tinymeat. Where are the balls?

by Anonymousreply 16908/20/2020

The photo adds to the conspiracy theory that Shawn, in fact, has a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 17008/20/2020

r169 apparently missed the memo at r116

by Anonymousreply 17108/20/2020

He's a gay whore dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17208/20/2020

I love the shirt in OP's pic. Where can I find it?

by Anonymousreply 17308/20/2020

I actually think Bieber has recovered a good bit in the reputation department since he married.

by Anonymousreply 17408/20/2020

R174 yeah, mostly because he's off the limelight. the only times i hear anything about him nowadays is referring to him and his wife. usually how shit of a husband he is. like that time at some even they're leaving the car, and she's taking a bit longer, he gets pissed off, and almost slams the door shut on her leg. so i think it's less that's he's got his act cleaned up, and more that he's becoming less relevant, so we're not seeing a constant stream of all the shit he's doing

by Anonymousreply 17508/21/2020

Well there are people who believe that Justin's marriage is a complete sham and that one day Justin will try to get back with Selena.

by Anonymousreply 17608/21/2020

R176 He got married a couple of months after his wife was bearding for Shawn. It's not difficult to understand why so many people think his marriage is a sham.

They could do a video when both are fighting for Hailey's love. It would be a struggle for both of them to make it belivable

by Anonymousreply 17708/22/2020

R155 I think she won‘t come out as gay but as trans

by Anonymousreply 17808/22/2020

He'll come out as queer and gender fluid.

by Anonymousreply 17908/22/2020

R179 and he'll make a sad story about it, on how the way people constantly talked about his sexuality and pointed out that he was very feminine and has a lot of mannerisms made him lash out and try to go the other way to make those comments stop. and he'll randomly throw in that he loved camilla and she's a good friend for understanding him

by Anonymousreply 18008/22/2020

Is it true he likes to get fucked by black guys?

by Anonymousreply 18108/22/2020

"My relationships with women were REAL and I truly loved them and SO enjoyed the endless sex with them! But I chose to live my life as an out, proud gay man now."

by Anonymousreply 18208/22/2020

R182 No one should believe this or any of the other excuses he comes up with when he comes out.

by Anonymousreply 18308/22/2020

[QUOTE] Is it true he likes to get fucked by black guys?

Who doesn’t?

by Anonymousreply 18408/22/2020

R184 You think everybody likes that?

by Anonymousreply 18508/22/2020

Shawn is infatuated with Harry Styles. Dresses like him, down to the pearl necklace.

by Anonymousreply 18608/23/2020

R182 Not the best idea. HW trend is to say you are queer, sexually fluid or that your sexuality is on the spectrum. It's pretty effective because you don't have to explain all your fake relationships, second if you are "dating" a woman, suddenly it's believable because you "came out" so you don't have reasons to lie, and third, when you decide to date a guy you just came out years ago.

It's not very sincere (and we have plenty examples of that recently) but very useful

by Anonymousreply 18708/23/2020

R187

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18808/23/2020

gurl looks good @ R172

by Anonymousreply 18908/23/2020

R188 Well, in his case there was a fourth reason because he avoided any criticism for playing so many gay characters. Instead of defend his right to play any character (that's acting) he came out as something (i still don't understand what he really said).

And he is a prime example of how well this work, he was praised for his brave coming out, he avoided any criticism for playing so many gay character, his relationship was believable (even he was pretty obvious going out with his girlfriend just after coming out when he was very private before that) and the gay rumours vanished.

And he is far from being one who can benefit more for this type of coming out , because he avoids social media and he doesn't use his private life to promote his career (maybe because he can act, he has contacts and a good reputation).

For gay actors who have no shame in bearding and use the fake relationship to promotion is a very good way to come out, because people forget that coming out if you are vague enough (they will only see you with women after all). The only problem is that any type of coming out will probably put you out of lead man roles on blockbusters which is what most of these actors really want

by Anonymousreply 19008/23/2020

R188 Who is that?

by Anonymousreply 19108/23/2020

R191 Lucas Hedges

by Anonymousreply 19208/23/2020

Lucas Hedges at R188 came out without any actual coming out:

When asked about his sexuality in 2018, Hedges said: "In the early stages of my life, some of the people I was most infatuated with were my closest male friends. That was the case through high school, and I think I was always aware of that, while for the most part I was attracted to women," also adding that he exists "on that spectrum: Not totally straight, but also not gay and not necessarily bisexual." He later spoke about being an ally to the LGBTQ community and said that he considered his sexuality to be a "fluid experience."

by Anonymousreply 19308/23/2020

He's a gay?

by Anonymousreply 19408/23/2020

UGH, never mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19508/23/2020

Lucas came out as nothing at all just to please the general masses.

by Anonymousreply 19608/23/2020

Labels are for jelly jars!

by Anonymousreply 19708/23/2020

WHET that awful "OUR COMMUNITY" Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield?

Is he dating anymore women who comes out as lesbian after the contract is up?

by Anonymousreply 19808/23/2020

R198 I still remember this and laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19908/23/2020

[quote]Andrew Garfield Says He’s A Gay Man Who Doesn’t Have Sex With Men

Which means he's just like many of gay men on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20008/23/2020

^^ many of the gay men ^^

by Anonymousreply 20108/23/2020

Shawn working with Bieber is a red flag. There's no way any straight man would work with the guy who got with his chick literally 2 days after they supposedly "broke up". Please don't compare Shawn to Ricky Martin, Ricky has actually talent and is entertaining, Shawn is a high pitched little girl.

by Anonymousreply 20208/23/2020

R200 That was funny. I think Garfield is a nice guy but he reach a dangerous level of gaybaiting (a little more an he'll reach Taron Egerton zone). Someone should tell them that you can be gay friendly without gay baiting, specially because people tend to get tired of that pretty soon

I was very dissapointed with Lucas Hedges, he seems a nice guy and he is talented, and generally he is articulate on interviews, but his "coming out" was a bubbling mess, it's absolutely impossible to know what he wanted to say and the fact that he appeared with his girlfriend just after that (some of the kisses were Shawn Mendes or Timothee Chalamet level of awkward) make it look like an hypocrite.

The worst thing is that gay media promoted his "coming out" as brave, when it was self serving.

And it's a pity, because as i said he seems a nice guy which is not that usual on HW

by Anonymousreply 20308/23/2020

R202 That's the weirdest thing about all. It could be perfectly normal that two canadian pop stars collaborate (specially now that you need a thousand of featured artist per song), but collaborating with the one who married your "girlfriend" five minutes after you broke up, someone who claimed to not knowing you when you already had several hits, it's quite weird

by Anonymousreply 20408/23/2020

Harry Styles handles it all so much better. He insisted on playing a gay character in the SNL Sara Lee skit. The skit had been shelved for months but Harry pounced on it. Shawn was mentioned in the skit. Harry said 'I sent Shawn Mendes a picture of my open throat.'

by Anonymousreply 20508/24/2020

^ Stop posting about Harry Styles. No one csres.

by Anonymousreply 20608/24/2020

^^ Some people obviously csre.

by Anonymousreply 20708/24/2020

^ In another thread, sure, but not in the Shawn Mendes thread.

by Anonymousreply 20808/24/2020

Never have gotten the gays drooling over Mendes. Cute kid, seems like a sweetheart, but bland as all hell. I’m guessing he has maybe one more album of sensitive heartthrob music and then he’ll either have to make a play for maturity or start acting.

If he’s gay I doubt he comes out until he actually finds a guy he cares about. If he’s just closeted but hooks up with hoes on the road, he’s not throwing away his career for that.

by Anonymousreply 20908/24/2020

He’s Canadian. He probably cared about every guy he’s been with on the downlow and it made no difference. The risks don’t outweigh the rewards so long as he has to cultivate a teen girl fanbase who dream of being his wife.

Frankly, I don’t blame him. Why not have your cake and eat it, too? Who says he’d have a loving relationship if he wasn’t in the closet? He might be on Grindr hopping from dick to dick like many guys his age, in which case his life wouldn’t be much different than it is now.

by Anonymousreply 21008/24/2020

R209 There's a problem with that theory, he can't act.

And i don't think coming out will throw your career, right now there are more openly gay singers than ever on the charts, the problem is how he dealt with all the speculation about his sexuality and how he wanted to portray himself in his songs.

R210 There's no way in hell he is on Grindr. He would be totally paranoid about that. And frankly i doubt he is having sex with guys right now, he hates himself too much for that

by Anonymousreply 21108/24/2020

He's probably just a headless torso if he is on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 21208/24/2020

He has cute feet...

by Anonymousreply 21308/24/2020

I said if he was out of the closet, R211. Wtf, obviously he’s not on Grindr now. My point is that his life might be an empty merry go round of dicks the same way it is now. Coming out doesn’t guarantee he’ll find a partner and settle down. Look at the lonely gay men in this world who will never find fulfillment.

And if he’s truly gay or bisexual, there’s no way he’s not having sex with men. Why wouldn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 21408/24/2020

Shawn Mendes has issues with his sexuality. I firmly believe he is gay and hates himself because of it. People who dismiss that notion because "hey it's the 21st century," or "hey, Canadians love the gays" are living in a bubble.

Yes, Canada is a great country to live if you happen to be gay, but that doesn't for a second mean there is no homophobia or cultural heteronormativity in Canada. LGBTQ+ youth in Canada still attempt suicide in higher numbers than their straight counterparts, and the majority of homeless youth in Canada between the ages of 16 to 24 are LGBTQ. There are still frequent hate crimes committed against LGBTQ+ folks. Conservative parties in Canada still push back against LGBTQ rights, many religious communities believe we should have no rights at all. So we should stop with this sugar-coated perception that young LGBTQ people have no more issues. That they don't experience the same self-loathing, fear of rejection, and closeting that those of us who are older faced when we were his age. I am 36 from Toronto, Ontario, and grew up in a "liberal voting" house. I didn't come out until I was 22, and it took until I was 30 before my family and I were 100% comfortable talking about my sexuality.

Shawn grew up in a region of Ontario referred to as the 905 which is still known to be fairly socially conservative. Also, I've gotten the perception form things Shawn has said about his dad, that he's something of a "hyper" masculine type who'd have issues with a gay son.

I think he's gay, he knows he's gay, and he's probably had sex with men by this point. But he still has issues to deal with about it. I also think that he's so in love with the idea of being famous, he's scared of anything that could ruin or at least slow his career.

by Anonymousreply 21508/24/2020

Blind gossip item. (From CDAN, so it could be fake, although it seems like an odd thing to make up).

This closeted foreign born A list singer has been doing cosplay with his male lovers. (Shawn Mendes)

by Anonymousreply 21608/24/2020

"could be" fake? Bit of an understatement, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 21708/24/2020

Why would he need to be on Grinder when he has a delicious twink assistant at his beck and call?

by Anonymousreply 21808/24/2020

You don't fuck the help

by Anonymousreply 21908/24/2020
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22008/24/2020

R220, yes, that’s the one. He’d do nicely.

by Anonymousreply 22108/24/2020

Both Shawn and Bieber have mediocre voices. Bieber has more hits and memorable songs. Shawn's music is a bit more easier on the ears. Neither has contributed anything of value to the music.

Anyway, I prefer Jesse McCartney as he can sing live and dance and at his prime looked better imo. Too bad he aged like a spoiled milk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22208/24/2020

New leaked picture from the CK shoot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22308/27/2020

Whatever happened to the Shawn/John Mayer romance/bromance or whatever it was? Also if Mayer thought Shawn was so talented, why no collaboration with him? (Or did I miss that?)

by Anonymousreply 22408/27/2020

Alec Benjamin pushed Shawn out of the equation. Duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22508/27/2020

I think John realized that Shawn wasn't that talented.

by Anonymousreply 22608/27/2020

Shawn got dumped

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22708/27/2020

I agree with R215 that Shawn is gay but is not comfortable with it. I think he was raised with certain expectations about what it means to be "a man." In several interviews, he stated that his family was very religious and that he went to church every Sunday growing up (He has said Christian but not what domination though I've hard his paternal grandparents are Pentecostal). His father also seems like one of those "hyper-masculine" types. Shawn has said that his dad tried to force him to play sports when he was a kid despite not being very good. Also, Pickering, Ontario, is not the most socially progressive place. I am eight years older than Shawn and grew up in Markham, and like Pickering, it's very "WASP" and somewhat socially conservative. Pickering is part of the 905, which is what we call a "red Tory" areas. For non-Canadian, Tory means conservative and Red means Liberal. When we say Red Tory, we mean voters who flip between voting Liberal or Conservative. They tend to be fiscally conservative but socially moderate. So even if he came out to his family and they were cool with it (either right away or eventually), I think that environment does build a lot of self-hatred. I think it's highly dismissive to say young queer youth have no more obstacles.

Now, here's the thing. If he weren't famous, I think he's the kind of gay guy who "dated" girls in high school, but come university would have begun to start coming out and dating guys and get more comfortable in his skin. But because he is famous and lacked time to figure himself out. I think he's still very much at war with himself. I even believe he might not identify himself as gay even if he's (which I consider likely) has had physical relationships with dudes. And yes, his public relationships are fake, and he is very in on it for publicity purposes, but I still don't think he's out and proud privately. Even his social circle is suggestive of longing to be "a bro." His anxiety rests in the fact that he is naturally effeminate, and like many young gay guys, showing any degree of effeminacy is a source of great insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 22808/28/2020

^ It's not the most implausible theory in the world, but he's been in Hollywood now for several years. How do you not figure out your sexuality by 22 in an environment like that? All of the DL knows he's gay. How could he not?

by Anonymousreply 22908/28/2020

R229 There is a difference between figuring your sexuality out and actively accepting it. I don't think R228 is saying that Shawn doesn't know that he's gay or that he hasn't fucked around with guys, but that he's not comfortable being gay. I'm 37, I came out to my family at 19, started my first serious relationship at 21, but honestly I don't think I was actually fully comfortable with my sexuality until I was 28 or so.

by Anonymousreply 23008/28/2020

Oh yeah there is no fucking way he doesn't know he's gay. But yeah, he has serious issues with his sexuality. Like if her were just closeted for professional reasons, he wouldn't be so defensive whenever a question about his sexuality came up. Remember when you were a teenager and someone might ask you if you're gay and you flip like "who me, never!" meanwhile you just finished jerking off in the men's room to a mental image of your 10th grade chemistry teacher Mr. Morris with that big bubble butt..........

by Anonymousreply 23108/28/2020

New pic from LA:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23209/03/2020

That picture makes his horse face more noticeable. I also think he's looking like a cross between a tranny and JFK's grandson. A strange sight to behold. It's the hair. It needs to be cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23309/03/2020

R232 he looks exquisite in that picture. What are those things in the foreground? They look like dildos in plastic wrap

by Anonymousreply 23409/03/2020

I only know the name. But looking at that photo, I GUESS I'd let him bounce on this dick.

by Anonymousreply 23509/03/2020

R232 He's blossoming into a beautiful womanhood. Seriously, I remember on another Shawn Mendes thread a couple of DLers proposed the idea that maybe Shawn isn't gay but rather is trans or non-binary or some other form of gender 'non-conformity.' They were flamed out of existence by nutty fans but there is a part of me that believe that it's a possibility. Yes, he gets defensive whenever the topic of his sexuality comes up, but it's rooted his fear of being perceived as "feminine." I still think it's more likely he's gay, but I think he has some gender issues. He's 22, and a young 22 at that, and he's still no where near accepting himself for who he is, gay, trans, straight, bi, whatever......

by Anonymousreply 23609/03/2020

R236 Sorry but no. He doesn't have any fear of being perceived as femenine. If he had that fear he wouldn't wear those boots (only drag queens wear less masculine boots than him) or the headbands.

He had nightmares because somewhere somebody thinks he is gay.

Anyway i don't care, he proved again and again that the nice guy image was incredibly fake, and he is not talented enough to endure his bullshit

by Anonymousreply 23709/03/2020

The objects are stacks of black plastic cups, on a trolley in front of Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 23809/04/2020

R238 Thanks for letting us know that. I was about to say...

by Anonymousreply 23909/07/2020

Shawn Mendes loves Cuban food...probably Cuban dick too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24009/07/2020

Hot new couple alert!

Shawn and Harry Styles were spotted dining together on Catalina Island.

by Anonymousreply 24109/09/2020

Did anyone get any photos, R241?

by Anonymousreply 24209/09/2020

Yeah, I can see it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24309/09/2020

Shawn is dying for a taste of Harry's watermelon sugar.

by Anonymousreply 24409/09/2020

Shawn and Harry will be the next pop music supercouple like The Carters. Just you wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 24509/09/2020

Where is this story of them dining together? I don't see it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 24609/09/2020

R245 a closet case and a queerbaiter, quite the power couple

by Anonymousreply 24709/09/2020

Please, it's a made up story. The Harry Styles fans can't stand that there's little interest in talking about their idol, so they keep falsely linking him with celebs DL shows more interest in.

by Anonymousreply 24809/09/2020

Harry Styles also isn’t gay.

I don’t get where those rumors come from. Dude doesn’t ping at all. Mendes, on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 24909/10/2020

There's been a bunch of them on here, with Brandon Flynn, I think one with Richard Madden, on and on it goes.

by Anonymousreply 25009/10/2020

R249 Gaydar is not 100% accurate (and in some cases not even close)

by Anonymousreply 25109/10/2020

^^ Wanna bet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25209/10/2020

[quote]Harry Styles also isn’t gay.

Well, that ends that discussion for all time. Noted authority R249 has spoken.

by Anonymousreply 25309/10/2020

I don't understand anyone who actually still thinks Shawn is straight. You can see his queerness from Mars! You know he spends Friday afternoon douching and Monday shitting out a rectum full of cum.

by Anonymousreply 25409/10/2020

R251 True dat, mine is completely wrong most of the time. Never close, and completely untrustworthy. Some people do have impressively accurate gaydar though, I've seen it in action, its quite something

by Anonymousreply 25509/10/2020

R253 That discussion is ended because this isn't a thread about Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 25609/10/2020

Styles is bisexual and doesn't mind who knows it. He has another T shirt which says 'I'd Like To Fellate George Harrison'. He had men grinding on him in his 2019 video for Lights Up. His song Medicine has the lyrics 'the boys and the girls are in/I mess around with them/and I'm okay with it'.

Styles likes orgies with maybe four women and one man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25709/11/2020

Wrong link.

Here's his t shirt of two men giving each other a hand job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25809/11/2020

I think he will transition to Shawna in order to become more like Beyonce. His current persona is incredibly bland and unfabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25909/11/2020

R259 That was the moment i thought that he was really gay.

Curiously he wore way more masculine clothes back then

by Anonymousreply 26009/11/2020

R260 His hair was better and his face cuter, too. Now he looks more horsey and sports a boho style.

by Anonymousreply 26109/11/2020

R259 his superhero is fuckin Beyonce? Seriously? Yeah, that kinda seals it. He's gay.

by Anonymousreply 26209/11/2020

Shawn will be on TV again next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26309/11/2020

[quote]Styles is bisexual and doesn't mind who knows it

Then why doesn't he actually say he is then? Oh that's right, he actually denied being bisexual. So much for being proud. And everything you listed is just pathetic gaybaiting.

by Anonymousreply 26409/11/2020

Because he likes playing coy R264

by Anonymousreply 26509/11/2020

[quote]Because he likes gaybaiting

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 26609/11/2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26709/11/2020

I love how the Camilla bearding shit blew up in his face. You're gonna have to do better than THAT hon!

by Anonymousreply 26809/11/2020

How did it blow up in his face? By all accounts, the mission was a success. When you search “Shawn Mendes” on google images now, many of his pics are him snuggled up with a girl. They didn’t exist before. While our suspicions may still be raised, to the average person he’s now a confirmed pussyhound who’s out there looking for love again.

by Anonymousreply 26909/11/2020

R269 i think R268 means that it blew up on his face because everyone thought it was fake. people were constantly making fun of how they didn't look like a real couple, how all the pap pics were staged. so yes, there's tons of pics of him with a woman, but not only is a woman that's generally disliked, everyone who saw them didn't believe it to be real

by Anonymousreply 27009/11/2020

R269 If you considered being mocked constantly is a success, yes it was a success. That and the fact that Camila's racist tweets affected him.

I didn't understand this "relationship" at all. Señorita didn't needed that extra promo, and he didn't even took profit of the success of the song because surprisingly he didn't release any other single

by Anonymousreply 27109/11/2020

[quote]That and the fact that Camila's racist tweets affected him.

They were friends before all this anyway, right? So the racist tweets should've affected him either way - being friends with a racist is as bad as dating one. Of course, he has his own racist tweets too.

by Anonymousreply 27209/11/2020

R271 - they were trying to create a new Latino hot "it' couple for people in their 20s. Camilla had some unbelievable (and really undeserved) success with 'Havana' - the popularity of which was a real head scratcher.

She was releasing a new solo album with a duet with him. They wanted to create a faux romance from the fact that they made a song together and have it take off.

Instead, it exploded in their faces. It was so transparent. Finally some people are starting to understand 'media' romances. Most people fall for it, but us gays know a lot better from decades of experience.

by Anonymousreply 27309/11/2020

If he was allowed he'd marry me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27409/11/2020

How can someone so bland, unoriginal and marginally talented become such a big celebrity? Usually even the untalented ones have colorful or entertaining personalities. But Shawn has a boring personality and his music is mediocre and forgettable, he has made no impact to pop culture or any contribution to music.

by Anonymousreply 27509/11/2020

R275 Because that's what the industry wants now. Big stars with big personalities go their own way. But if you get someone pretty bland though popular, you get a hassle free life, and they're reliant upon the label/studio - meaning they're controllable.

by Anonymousreply 27609/11/2020

R273 shawn's not latino, portuguese people aren't latinos, we're iberians, mediterraneans, but not latinos.

and the only reason people even know camila's latina is because she has a spanish last name, otherwise everyone would think she's just some random white bitch. she hardly looks latina

by Anonymousreply 27709/11/2020

People in The US are stupid and refuse to understand that Hispanic and Latino is not a race. That Portuguese is not Hispanic. And that Mediterraneans like Spanish, Portuguese, Italians and Greeks are white European.

Shawn isn't Hispanic.

Camila is a white Cuban like most Florida Cuban exile descendants.

Antonio Banderas also isn't Hispanic nor a person of color. He is just Spanish.

Also other white Hispanics include: Jennifer Lopez, Mark Anthony, Ricky Martin, Cameron Diaz, Sofia Vergara, Shakira, Salma Hayek and Frankie Muniz.

by Anonymousreply 27809/11/2020

Which brings another point, why do we in 2020 still use terms like Hispanic and Latino which categorize different nationalities of people who only have one thing in common and that is speaking Spanish? It seems so lazy and actually more politically incorrect than not because of generalizing all these different groups of people. Why don't we call people who speak English: Anglonics or people who speak French: Franconics? Latin America is like North America, there are white people, black people, Indigenous people and mixed-race people but unlike North America, Latin American countries actually acknowledge mixed-race is a thing.

by Anonymousreply 27909/12/2020

R278 Camila is half Mexican and seems proud of it.

R277 Half of latinos are light skinned ( and more than 90 percent in some latin countries) That is why snowqueens say white/latino only.

by Anonymousreply 28009/12/2020

R280 White Mexicans exist too. Look at Robert Rodriguez and most of Northern Mexico is pretty white

by Anonymousreply 28109/12/2020

R280 Umm those light-skinned Latinos are most likely just white people and even if they have some drop of African or Indigenous blood, unlike The US there is no hyper-descent Jim Crow like rules there. Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico, Chile, Puerto Rico, Argentina and Paraguay all have heavy European/Middle Eastern populations which can even include Polish, German, French, Irish, Jewish, Lebanese and Arab.

by Anonymousreply 28209/12/2020

R275 He was very young and he seemed a really nice guy. Sometimes a nice guy is well received in an hypersexualized industry (it happened with Chris Brown when he started, that didn't turn out well anyway).

His first single was even interesting, Life of the party was not the usual teen hearthob debut (of course Troye Sivan, who released his first single at the time did it better because Happy little pill is a way better song). He was not selling sex when he started, he was not promoting himself with fake relationship (like all Disney stars do).

But then fame came and he didn't digest it well. His image now is very different, and that RS interview was a disaster (someone with a worst image than the one he had back them probably would suffer way more consecuences).

And it goes beyond the obvious homophobia (he is not a rapper, he can't afford being an openly homophobe), the worst part is that he came like a fame whore who cares way more about followers than about his music. He was lucky he has two hits with his last album, but one failed lead single and his career will be in trouble

by Anonymousreply 28309/12/2020

[Quote] Which brings another point, why do we in 2020 still use terms like Hispanic and Latino which categorize different nationalities of people who only have one thing in common and that is speaking Spanish?

Because to most white people, Latinos and Hispanics are not white, regardless of their skin color. This is what White Latinos don't seem to get. They will never be fully accepted by white people, no matter how much they try to separate themselves from black and brown Latinos.

by Anonymousreply 28409/12/2020

These racial classification posts are so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 28509/12/2020

R284 False, Spain and Portugal were never questioned about their whiteness. Cameron Diaz and Frankie Muniz are seem as just white people by almost everyone. Tons of white Hispanics walk around everyday and most people would not see them as anything but white until they ask them what their name is. But the fact of the matter is, white Hispanics will ultimately become white just like Italians, Jews, Greeks, Armenians, Russians, Finns and Irish became white. That is how history goes.

by Anonymousreply 28609/12/2020

Shawn isn't technically Latino - but I'm just going by marketing and publicity. I believe they did try to push Mendes into a Latino category - particularly with the song Senorita - due to his last name.

It's PR - which is not known to be a stickler for exactness.

That's my theory - I may be wrong - but they were definitely pushing them as an "it" couple with the release of that song. Make of it what you will. It didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 28709/12/2020

the whole latino vs hispanic classification is more of a north american thing. over in europe, we refer to them as a whole as south americans, or their country or origin. so if someone's from brazil, we'll call them brazilian. even if they're a black brazilian, they're gonna get referred to as brazilian because of their accent when speaking portuguese. i had these 3 venezuelan guys at work that escaped here because of the issues going on in venezuela, they were all white, paller than the average portuguese, and 2 of them were even blond and had blue eyes. none of them were categorized as latinos, they were just venezuelans. i think it was last year that rosalia, a spanish singer, who managed to gain some international success, won a latino award from some music award show, and people were pissed because a white girl was being given an award made for latinos. if they tried to rebrand shawn as latino, and especially if he started getting awards because of it, outrage would happen. because people would be pissed a white portuguese boy is being given latino awards

by Anonymousreply 28809/12/2020

[Quote] But the fact of the matter is, white Hispanics will ultimately become white just like Italians, Jews, Greeks, Armenians, Russians, Finns and Irish became white.

To WASP's, those groups are not white and will never be white.

by Anonymousreply 28909/12/2020

WASPs don't hold much power anymore. Look at demographics. Most of the East Coast politicians are Italian and Jewish. Many politicians in the South are Black and Midwestern cities are Black. Many politicians in the Midwest and Rocky Mountains are German or Scandinavian descent. Many politicians in the West Coast and Florida are Latino. Actual WASPs are minority in America. Most White Americans are German and Irish with some English and Scottish. No one under the age of 60 cares about WASPs. And most WASPs are poor whites in the South and Appalachia.

by Anonymousreply 29009/12/2020

82% of the top 1% are White. More than half are WASP's. They might not hold the kind of political power they once did, but trust me, they are far from irrelevant. Their definition of whiteness still has a great hold in American life. All of those other White groups are still considered Ethnic, in the category of Ethnic Whites. Only WASP's are purely White. Shawn Mendes, being part Portuguese, will never be fully White.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29109/12/2020

R291 They're wrong and they don't influence popular opinion which matters more than theirs. Nobody thinks Shawn is anything but a white person besides Stormfronters.

by Anonymousreply 29209/12/2020

R292 I have never met any person use the term "ethnic white" in my entire life. Also England has been conquered so many times. People in England admit that and know they have mixed origins from the Celts, the Romans, Vikings and French. So Americans of the WASP extraction are being just racist and ignorant and they likely have some mixture in their bloodline too if they have been in the US for longer than the 1800s.

by Anonymousreply 29309/12/2020

R284 That is the same reason why White Southerners make no sense in being racist against Black people because White Southerners and Black Americans are the same culturally. Mostly Baptist, have English/Scottish surnames, cook soul food, lean more conservative in social issues, have a long history of agriculture and generally being considered inferior by their Northern counterparts. Divide and conquer works wonder.

by Anonymousreply 29409/12/2020

But I don't get DL. They don't live in the real world.

I need to understand why Cameron Diaz has been universally accepted as white by almost everyone and has played white girl roles if white Latinos aren't "white"? So has Frankie Muniz and Jennifer Lopez both play white roles if the role is called for it and nobody batted an eye.

Megan Markle, Wentworth Miller and Rashida Jones who are all half-white and half-black have played white roles. Outside of the internet, race has more to do with how you look. It's based on phenotypical appearances on the outside.

That's the same reason why certain mixed race people like Mario Lopez, Rosie Perez, Halle Berry and Jesse Williams can't play white roles because they don't look white. Nobody even enforced the one-drop rule that much in the old days because it was hard to do, so many white people in the South may very well have some black blood. People who aren't black have been classified as black just because of their wide noses or curly hair in the past for God's sake.

People also identify more with their culture and their upbringing than actual genetics, Cameron grew up as a white girl in Long Beach and California has many white Latinos who assimilated into mainstream white culture just like the Jewish population has too.

by Anonymousreply 29509/12/2020

I never found Shawn Mendes hot. He looks too much like progressive podcaster David Pakman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29609/12/2020

r296 I like Pakman, cute and progressive

by Anonymousreply 29709/12/2020

Jesus Christ, this thread has descended into tedium.

In 2020, Shawn has lost a lot of fans to Harry Styles and his critically acclaimed sophomore album Fine Line. The album went platinum in the US within three months and hasn't left the top 10. Harry is just more interesting - less conventional, and just as hot. He's an actor as well, which adds to his appeal. Just been case in a feature film opposite Florence Pugh. Styles would never give an ugly homophobic interview like Shawn's to Rolling Stone. Nor does he have very public relationships with lashings of PDA to 'prove' that he's straight. He's fine with people thinking he is bi, gay, queerbaiting, whatever. He's just more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 29809/12/2020

[quote]Jesus Christ, this thread has descended into tedium.

The moronic racial purity trolls have killed this thread.

by Anonymousreply 29909/12/2020

R298 harry is not more attractive than shawn. not face wise, not body wise. even if you remove all those nasty tats, harry is still average looking compared to shawn, who looks like an abercrombie model

by Anonymousreply 30009/12/2020

R298 If Harry is so much more interesting why do you need to keep trying to hijack Shawn's thread to talk about him? Why do you need to make up stories about Harry being seen with Shawn to get people to talk about him?

by Anonymousreply 30109/12/2020

R300 Not True , Harry‘s stand-out features are his beautiful blue eyes and strong but not overbearing facial bone structure (jaw, chin, nose). He looks like he‘s going to age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30209/12/2020

Shawn on the other hand is not the cute, square-jawed guy from the Beyoncé video above anymore. His face keeps getting longer and longer and at the same more and more hollow. This results in a look that is often called horseface. His eyes are not as beautiful as Harry‘s, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30309/12/2020

R302 Age well? He’s already had his hairline reconstructed and he’s 25

by Anonymousreply 30409/12/2020

Just ignore and F&F the Harry troll. It's only here to derail the thread because the actual Harry Styles thread barely has anyone post in it

by Anonymousreply 30509/12/2020

Harry is a no neck chimp. Shawna tres cygne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30609/12/2020

Shawn is more conventionally attractive than Harry but Harry has a sexier personality and charm that compensates for his weird features. Neither are ravishing beauties, let's not kid ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 30709/12/2020

lol who tf cares about their eyes. shawn has a more attractive face and a hotter body. harry hasn't looked good since his early band days

by Anonymousreply 30809/12/2020

[Quote] The moronic racial purity trolls have killed this thread.

No more than the Harry Styles trolls.

by Anonymousreply 30909/12/2020

I seem to be in a minority but I really like him with the longer hair.

by Anonymousreply 31009/12/2020

R289 I'm WASP and I consider Italians, Jews, Greeks, Armenians, Russians, Finns and Irish to be white, along with a lot of Hispanics. That said I give no real thought to this because it doesnt fucking matter.

R303 Shawn is beautiful in that pic. Both him and Harry Styles are beautiful

Who the fuck cares about race any more anyway except tards?

by Anonymousreply 31109/12/2020

I just wish he’d retire

by Anonymousreply 31209/12/2020

R300 But Harry has a personality and that makes all the difference

by Anonymousreply 31309/13/2020

Lovely men are waiting 4 you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31409/13/2020

R313, yes Harry is real while Shawn is fake.

by Anonymousreply 31509/13/2020

personality doesn't change someone's physical appearance. shawn is still more good looking.

personality only matters for friends and romantic partners. not for random dudes you'd hook up with given the chance

by Anonymousreply 31609/13/2020

R316 Shawn is not more good looking at all. You have nothing to back up your claims.....

by Anonymousreply 31709/13/2020

Male pop stars of the past looked better than Harry and Shawn in my opinion. Both Harry and Shawn are just above average-looking honestly. You can't prove who is better looking either because that's an opinion.

Prince, Ricky Martin, George Michael, pre-1987 Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Usher, David Cassidy, Aaron Carter, Jesse McCartney, all of Backstreet Boys, Savage Garden, Hanson and Robin Thicke were/are all better looking than Harry and Shawn in their prime.

by Anonymousreply 31809/13/2020

R318 Just a look at IG tells us that Shawn Mendes is a 7/10 at best.

by Anonymousreply 31909/13/2020

Social media doesn't reflect reality. If Shawn and Harry weren't famous and walking down the street, they would blend in with the crowd and nobody would look at them.

by Anonymousreply 32009/13/2020

D'Angelo is a 10/10

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32109/13/2020

R321, well if ever there was proof that beauty is subjective this is it right here. D'Angelo does zip for me, nada. I mean he's not terrible looking by any means, but wouldnt turn my head on the street, Mendes on the other hand would

And thats a good thing, because if we all liked the exact same thing there would be a LOT of disappointed folks in this world

by Anonymousreply 32209/13/2020

R322 I agree. Despite what the media pushes, what we find physically attractive is very subjective and personal to the individual. I know so many women that don't like Brad Pitt, DiCaprio or Clooney for instance.

by Anonymousreply 32309/13/2020

R323 are we talking current brad, leo and clooney or their younger selves?

because i'd definitely be down to fuck leo when he was in his twink years, but now he just looks like every other old white dude. brad looked good in his younger years as well, but all the pics i see of him now remind me of billy ray cyrus. i think clooney was in an episode of the golden girls where he plays a detective. i watched that show for the first time during the early months of quarantine and he looked pretty hot in that episode. but now he's just another old man.

so yeah, if you're asking women about current day brad, leo and clooney, they're more likely to say no, because they're old men. list guys under 40 and they're more likely to say yes

by Anonymousreply 32409/13/2020

R290 That might be true in America, but in Canada WASPs are the majority in every city outside of the major cities of Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Pickering is still very white..the further you get from Toronto in Ontario, the more white you get. Canada's diversity truly is limited to the largest cities.

by Anonymousreply 32509/13/2020

'harry is still average looking compared to shawn, who looks like an abercrombie model'

Shawn has basic small brown eyes whereas Harry's eyes are unique. An unusual shade of green and quite large.

by Anonymousreply 32609/13/2020

'Harry‘s stand-out features are his beautiful blue eyes and strong but not overbearing facial bone structure (jaw, chin, nose). He looks like he‘s going to age well.'

Agree but his eyes are green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32709/13/2020

Green eyes are the rarest eye color but I find brown eyes more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 32809/13/2020

Shawn doesn't seem to be friends with this lard monster anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32909/13/2020

R328 Yes, Harry‘s eyes are green/grey and that’s even better than generic blue eyes.

R328 It’s not only the color of the eyes. The shape and spacing of Harry‘s eyes are much more beautiful and striking. Shawn doesn’t have great eyes. They are not terrible but there is nothing special about them. Indeed, I think at this point, the only striking characteristic of Shawn is his height and built, that face is certainly nothing to write home about.

by Anonymousreply 33009/13/2020

R329 Niall looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 33109/13/2020

Zayn is hotter than Shawn and Harry and also has beautiful eyes. All of them have terrible tattoos though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33209/13/2020

R332 I am not a fan of Zayn‘s deer in the headlights look. He has no confidence and lots of psychological issues and his eyes show it. Besides, he is extremely short.

by Anonymousreply 33309/13/2020

[quote]and lots of psychological issues

Does he though? I can't help but feel he claims that when it's actually laziness and drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 33409/13/2020

People complained about the race discussion derailing this thread? These shitty One Erection fans have done way more to derail this thread. Leave.

by Anonymousreply 33509/13/2020

There are thousands of guys who look like Zayn on the streets of northern towns in the UK. You wouldn't need to look hard to find a lookalike, plus his very slight build isn't attractive. He probably only weighs about 130 lbs.

Harry has a much more unusual look and is able to pull off a variety of different aesthetics, whereas Zayn always looks like same in his shoots, either scared or pouting.

by Anonymousreply 33609/13/2020

*always looks the same

by Anonymousreply 33709/13/2020

Science has proved that Harry has the most beautiful eyes and chin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33809/13/2020

Zayn has tiny dick and tiny forehead syndrome. He still looks like a boy. Harry is a MAN.

by Anonymousreply 33909/13/2020

Seriously, there's a Harry thread that's practically unused. Why not post there? Oh right, no-one gives a shit about him.

by Anonymousreply 34009/13/2020

R22 What is wrong with them in that video. Strung out? She looks trashed.

by Anonymousreply 34109/13/2020

Harry can pull off a variety of different looks. He's not afraid to step out of his comfort zone. Shawn actually copies him by wearing pearls but daren't go too far because he's so scared of the gay rumours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34209/13/2020

How about the Harry troll explains why, if Shawn is so unattractive, she lied about him being seen with Styles?

by Anonymousreply 34309/13/2020

Harry looks like an average pasty British guy to me as does Liam and Louis. What is unique about him?

Orlando Bloom is what I call unique.

by Anonymousreply 34409/13/2020

[quote]What is unique about him?

His PR budget.

by Anonymousreply 34509/13/2020

Spazzy Shawn would never dare make a video like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34609/13/2020

Reminder to F&F the HS troll at r342 for trying to derail this thread

by Anonymousreply 34709/13/2020

I guess Harry vs Shawn is the Britney vs Christina of Zoomers.

by Anonymousreply 34809/13/2020

Lights Up.

Imagine Shawn having the nerve to make this video. Styles is just so much more edgy and inclusive. Better pecs than Shawn too, plus he can act. Shawn is always his horse faced self. No chameleon like quality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34909/13/2020

Reminder to f and f the humorless cunt at R347. Probably a Klan Granny.

by Anonymousreply 35009/13/2020

So Chris Isaak, D'Angelo and Jared Leto who did videos showing off their skin before Harry don't exist? Harry is not innovative or edgy in any way unless you're 14.

by Anonymousreply 35109/13/2020

R344 Most beautiful eyes and chin is what’s unique about Harry, find out more in the article above. He is a real artist who is not afraid to express himself. Shawn on the other hand is constrained and only cares about what others think of him. That’s why he is not a real artist (not to mention the talent factor). And whenever Shawn lets his true self shine through, it‘s always extremely campy and bitchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35209/13/2020

R336 If there are guys walking around looking like Zayn then I will gladly pack up and move lol.

by Anonymousreply 35309/13/2020

Shawn and Harry are both manufactured. They are both on the same level if artistry. Shawn can play an instrument and Harry can sing. They both cowrite their songs. Harry just is a smarter businessesman and choose a retro look and sound to appeal to a wider demographic.

by Anonymousreply 35409/13/2020

R353 Easy, just treat yourself a vacation in Pakistan once Corona is over.

by Anonymousreply 35509/13/2020

'So Chris Isaak, D'Angelo and Jared Leto who did videos showing off their skin before Harry don't exist?'

Were they grinding on other shirtless men like Styles is? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 35609/13/2020

[quote] Harry can sing

Citation needed

by Anonymousreply 35709/13/2020

The ugliest in One Dead is Louis Ratlinson. He is now without a record deal so hopefully we won't be seeing too much more of him. Niall has fugged out big time by putting on about 60 lbs in five years.

by Anonymousreply 35809/13/2020

Ah yes, the Harry troll truly living out Harry's marketing slogan of Treat People With Kindness.

Rather the same way he sold shittily designed merchandise telling people to stay at home, and then drove across Europe.

by Anonymousreply 35909/13/2020

Sad that openly gay artists like Darren Hayes, Troye Sivan, Ryan Beatty and Kevin Abstract don't get that many threads. Yet a closet case marginally talented singer-songwriter and former boyband member who uses retro visuals and lgbt symbols to pander both get tons of threads

by Anonymousreply 36009/13/2020

I LOVE the way Harry panders to the gays! Got me my TPWK hoodie with its rainbow font. Let's hope for more of his bisexual orgy videos and photos in tutus or showing plenty of skin. Such a playful guy compared to dour homophobe Shawn with his endless het PDA.

by Anonymousreply 36109/13/2020

R360 Having tons of threads on DL isn't a good thing.

There's two reasons certain people get tons of threads here. Fraus and fangirls with their obsessive posts - positive or negative. And then real DLers mocking the subject of the thread - and Shawn offers a lot of opportunity for mockery. Needless to say, the real DLers aren't buying his music.

DL is not a place to post about someone's actual music unless the person in question is at least 40 years old.

by Anonymousreply 36209/13/2020

R361 If you're going to W&W your own posts, you should at least wait a few minutes. When it pops up in the thread immediately W&Wed within seconds of being posted it's all rather obvious.

And gaybaiting really is just another form of homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 36309/13/2020

Jesus, R363, lighten the fuck up. You seem to think DL exists solely to host your hate posts about young multimillionaires. Never a good word for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 36409/13/2020

R364 You're trolling this thread, of course I don't have a good word for you.

by Anonymousreply 36509/13/2020

Aw, are you crying because people want to compare Shawn to another popstar of a similar age, one who Shawn has said he admires (and whose style he has started to emulate)? It's not just one poster writing about HS here.

You really thought people only wanted to rant about 'bearding contracts' ad infinitum, didn't you? Tragic tinhat. You only despise Harry because he debunked your Larry fantasy. You still think het chav Louis Ratlinson is gay and bearding, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 36609/13/2020

Moving on from the completely useless discussion of Harry Styles, Shawn's deluded frau fans still won't accept that he's not bearding...I mean "in a relationship" with Camilla Cabello any longer, despite not having been seen with her in months and their "breakup" being leaked to US Weekly weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36709/14/2020

R354 Not even remotely.

Harry's concerts had great reviews when he was in Spain and it was on the most important paper not on a teen magazine.

Harry's first album was even too risky because it was not commercial or radio friendly which explains the lack of hits.

Shawn is totally generic, his music and specially his lyrics. If he is not able to grow up with his fans he'll be done in a couple of years

by Anonymousreply 36809/14/2020

R362 I'm in my late 20s and was out of high school when Harry and Shawn blew up, I wasn't in their demographic either. Actually, scratch that, any pop music like Bieber was hated in my high school as that was for grade and middle schoolers. Bieber transitioned to an adult sound with Purpose though. Hip hop like Lil Wayne and rock music like Arcade Fire was still big and pop like Timberlake, Beyonce, Chris Brown, John Mayer, Gaga, Katy and Rihanna too. Boy bands like NSYNC and Backstreet only became well liked again due to nostalgia. I did like them as a little boy in the late 90s and early 00s though but would have never listened to them in my teen years.

Back on topic, Shawn and Harry are just pop artists with manufactured images to me. Neither are amazing to me. I care more about the quality of the music than the imagery and always have. I think Harry has great quality pop music and liked both his solo albums a lot. Shawn has only a few songs that are listenable and hated 'Treat You Better' so much. One Direction was generic Disney pop that made no impression on me except maybe "Story of My Life". I'm open minded so I will try younger music like I listened to Billie Eilish out of curiosity, she's just okay and I find nothing unique about her at all.

On their attractiveness, Shawn has the cute boy next door look and nice body. Harry has nice eyes, smile and toned body. Neither are sexy or beautiful to me at all and I've seen better on the street

by Anonymousreply 36909/14/2020

R367 Isn’t she filming in England and he is working on his album back in Canada, why would they be seen together?

Shawn and Harry are both fucking boring and both make terrible music . Harry is hideous and getting more hideous every year. Some british men age horrifically and he is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 37009/14/2020

R366 Except people don't want to compare them. As is evident from a few weeks ago when you started a "Harry Styles vs Shawn Mendes" thread and got all of...ten posts. That's when you started trolling this thread, making up a story about Harry being seen with Shawn to get people to discuss him.

I mean think about that. If Harry is oh-so-great, why are you having to come into a Shawn Mendes thread and lie about him being seen with Harry to get people to talk about him?

And I'm hardly a Larry. Larries believe stupid shit like thinking you can tell someone's gay based on what they wear - which is something you've said in the past on your now-dead Harry thread.

by Anonymousreply 37109/14/2020

R367 is one of those sad fuckers who think that if she doesn't see photos of it on social media, it hasn't happened.

by Anonymousreply 37209/14/2020

'I mean think about that. If Harry is oh-so-great, why are you having to come into a Shawn Mendes thread and lie about him being seen with Harry to get people to talk about him?'

Nobody here wants to talk about Shawn Mendes except in the context of him being gay and bearding, which is a fantasy. You return again and again to this fantasy despite the fact that his relationship with Camila is no longer public. You find it impossible to explain why it's no longer public because you think it was only intended for PR so you try to push a new narrative that they've split and he's looking around for another beard

Your usage of the word 'beard' really ages you. Nobody under 35 is bandying that word around in the industry. You sound so fucking stupid and out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 37309/14/2020

R373 Aw, look at you making stuff up because you've got no real comeback. Anyone can check my post history - and yours - and see you're full of shit. I'm here to mock Shawn, and also because I think he's pretty hot.

[quote]Nobody here wants to talk about Shawn Mendes except in the context of him being gay and bearding, which is a fantasy

Hilarious coming from the frau insisting Styles is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 37409/14/2020

R374 - he grinds shirtless on men in his Lights Up video, deliberately released on National Coming Out Day. He for sure has fucked around with guys even if he prefers to have long term relationships with women. Shawn is a homophobic ass who has only ever fucked women.

by Anonymousreply 37509/14/2020

R375 Yes, it's called gaybaiting, and it's despicable he used National Coming Out Day as a marketing stunt to promote himself.

by Anonymousreply 37609/14/2020

I hate Shawn Mendes and I am only here to mock him and watch his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 37709/14/2020

R377 As is the DL way.

by Anonymousreply 37809/14/2020

R377 I think that describes the vast majority of posters here. It certainly describes me.

by Anonymousreply 37909/14/2020

Well, his music is terrible and I am not a 13-year-old girl.....

by Anonymousreply 38009/14/2020

R376, you're a dumb cunt. Styles is a global star, why the fuck would he risk his sales in homophobic territories by hinting that he is lgbt if he is actually straight? Your hatred for him has addled your brain.

by Anonymousreply 38109/14/2020

R381 Because everyone else can see it for what it is - gaybaiting. It's only fantasist fraus like you who seem to think it's real. And if you're really claiming his gaybaiting is already threatening his sales, what's his excuse for not coming out then?

Plus, here's the thing - even if he is actually bi, gay or whatever, until he publicly identifies as such, it's still gaybaiting. And you know it's true. It's why you're here in the first place - because if you weren't, no-one would be talking about him on DL. You need to artificially create conversations about him so you can try and convince yourself he has some kind of connection with the gay community. But deep down, you know it's all fake.

Funny how you don't go starting any threads to help build support for actual LGBT artists, isn't it? No interest in talking about them. Only the fake ones.

by Anonymousreply 38209/15/2020

Today, all you need is a social media presence, be "relatable" and a good PR team to become a famous singer. The actual quality of music doesn't matter anymore. Anyone can just upload their music and it doesn't even have to be that good. Fans will obsessively cling to this online personality they feel attachment too. One Direction, Fifth Harmony, Shawn Mendes, Halsey, Billie Eilish, Troye Sivan, Conan Gray, Lizzo, most trap/SoundCloud rappers, Joji, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato all benefited from social media followings. They are liked more for what they symbolize to their fans rather than the quality of music they put out there.

To people who care about the music, they don't care that much about how relatable an artist is or their personal lives or physical appearance. They're less likely to be impressed with many of the pop stars out there.

by Anonymousreply 38309/15/2020

I wish Shawn would turn to acting. I would rather have seen him as Simon in Love, Simon than Nick Robinson. The dreadful bleatings he calls his music could not exist were it not for his extraordinarily shayneh punim.

by Anonymousreply 38409/15/2020

R384 But Shawn can't act even if his life depends of it.

Robinson is a lovable guy, Shawn is an homophobe, i don't want him playing a gay character. I can imagine the akward interviews promoting the film when he will be pressured to assure everybody how straight he is. No thanks

by Anonymousreply 38509/15/2020

R383 So much easier to maintain a fandom than do that difficult stuff like coming up with good songs or even learning how to sing properly. And now TikTokkers are getting cast in leading acting roles because of their follower numbers rather than talent.

by Anonymousreply 38609/15/2020

Has Shawn ever acted in anything? It will be interesting to see if he transitions into acting once his music career wanes.

by Anonymousreply 38709/15/2020

R387 according to his wiki page, he's did the english dub for a character in an animated movie in 2013, played himself on something called "yo quisera" in 2015, and in 2016 played a character called macallan on the cw's "the 100".

i've never heard of yo quisera and never watched the animated movie, but i did watch the 100 when it was in its early seasons and i don't remember him even being in it

by Anonymousreply 38809/15/2020

This is Shawn's scene from The 100. He tries to butch it up and (obviously) fails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38909/15/2020

Yeah, R389, that clip was a little embarrassing. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him because it's a CW show, and those shows are not known for offering stellar acting in general, even by those who've been doing it for a long time.

But even playing the role of a singer, he came off amateurish and flat.

by Anonymousreply 39009/15/2020

R384 Shawn would have fit the role lookwise but he is so scared of being perceived as gay that he would never have taken it. Also Nick Robinson is a real life nice guy and can act which helps. Keiynan Lonsdale came out as "pan" after Love, Simon came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39109/15/2020

R389 God, Shawn's acting is atrocious. I hope he doesn't do it again.

by Anonymousreply 39209/15/2020

'Because everyone else can see it for what it is - gaybaiting. '

The word 'gaybaiting' doesn't even exist in the vocabularies of people in the homophobic territories. Why would someone risk their fucking life PRETENDING to be gay? Styles has a huge audience in Latin America, In China, in the MIddle East, in Japan and Tokyo. None of these countries are impressed by gay or bi popstars.

Make it make sense, you sour crone.

by Anonymousreply 39309/15/2020

'Funny how you don't go starting any threads to help build support for actual LGBT artists, isn't it?'

So Shawn Mendes is 'an actual LGBT artist is he?

There are no threads about Troye, Olly, Sam Smith and Adam Lambert because Dataloungers aren't interested in out gay men. As soon as Styles made it clear he was bi, conversation around him dried up too. You queens would far rather discuss straight guys like Shawn who you fantasise are gay.

by Anonymousreply 39409/15/2020

R393 Other countries don't have the same ideas about masculinity as The US/UK/Australia does. Japan and South Korea have pop idols that are way more flamboyant and colorful and feminine than Styles is. Latin American countries are very emotive and expressive in general and place high focus on men dressing dapper. The Middle East also doesn't suspect homosexuality if two men are intimate (hugging, kissing) or dress flashy. It's only sodomy they punish, so you have to get caught butt-fucking. So Harry is only seen as "gay-baiting" in The US/UK/Australia because of our cultural standards of masculinity and heterosexual behavior.

by Anonymousreply 39509/15/2020

Get back to me when someone from a kpop group comes out. They don't, they commit suicide because being gay is so frowned upon there. In many countries where Harry is popular, it is still illegal. He is risking a lot doing what he does.

by Anonymousreply 39609/15/2020

R396 Harry never came out as "gay" or "bi" though. Wearing colorful gear, high heels and make-up is not indicative of your sexuality. Nor is having rainbow flags everywhere. Please understand that the world is not The US/UK.

Most people around the world likely don't make those assumptions of Harry's sexuality. Because the idea of wearing "girl colors", being this stoic and non-emotional robot and the idea that men showing affection to other men means "you're gay" is a very Western Anglo conception based on puritanical Victorian views on masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 39709/15/2020

Meant to say "not being this stoic and non-emotional robot"

by Anonymousreply 39809/15/2020

[quote]So Shawn Mendes is 'an actual LGBT artist is he?

Do you see much support in this thread? I love how stupid you're constantly making yourself look.

You're a fantasist. That's actually a fact, proven by your made up story of Styles being seen with Mendes. Which is the only way you could get people to talk about Styles. It's hilarious, and proves you have absolutely nothing of value to say.

by Anonymousreply 39909/15/2020

R397 That's just how stupid that poster is. The only "proof" she has is the clothes he wears, as she's insisted no straight man would wear those clothes. It's hilarious that she claims to hate the Larries so much, and yet all her evidence about him being bi is basically the same shit that Larries were claiming years ago - he wears those clothes, he didn't use pronouns in one interview, he was in some pink water. She doesn't seem to get she's actually doing more harm than anything else with her posts here now.

by Anonymousreply 40009/15/2020

Shawn sang something at TIFF - I'm not totally sure what because his singing "style" makes it really difficult to work out what he's actually saying. It's one of the few times I've watched him sing - he shouldn't have to put so much effort in to sound that mediocre.

And his tax-dodge, sorry, Foundation, is sponsoring some award at TIFF now. So he's definitely laying the, um, foundation for a move into acting.

by Anonymousreply 40109/15/2020

Harry technically isn't entitled to talk about his sexuality but I do find him very cynical in a way, he knows how his fanbase is so fanatical online.. He's like Beyonce where he'll enable his crazy ass fanbase who take every little symbol, color, phrase, expression and visual to create this grand narrative about him. He knows what he is doing and I feel he should call out the ones who are cyberbullying others on social media.

by Anonymousreply 40209/15/2020

R402 That's why it was pretty reprehensible of him to put one of his exes names in his songs and not even give a warning beforehand. He absolutely knew his fans would work out the reference and go after the poor girl.

Plus they let him get away with stuff they'd cancel others over. Like when they (rightly) criticised Niall being seen at a party during lockdown - but then they have no criticism at all about Styles driving across Europe making stops along the way.

by Anonymousreply 40309/15/2020

R395 The gaybaiting of Harry Styles has nothing to do with his clothes.

I remember an interview where Liam was talking about falling in love, and he was saying about finding a girl and Harry interrupted him to say not necesarily a girl.

Harry hinted that he is not straight a lot of times. The fact that most of his relationships are obvious pr stunts (you can see that he and Taylor Swift barely stand each other even on pics) doesn't help either

by Anonymousreply 40409/16/2020

Anyways fuck Harry Styles. Let's get back to discussing Shawn.

Here he is butchering a Stevie Wonder song during a performance for TIFF last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40509/16/2020

R405, I hope he never decides to branch out into R&B. He doesn't have the chops to pull it off like the two Justins (Timberlake and Bieber).

by Anonymousreply 40609/16/2020

R405 Oh is that what that was meant to be? Couldn't understand a word he was saying.

by Anonymousreply 40709/16/2020

R406 To be fair R&B is not what it used to be, a lot of R&B singers use autotune right now, something that was unthinkable in the past where R&B singers used to have crazy vocals

by Anonymousreply 40809/16/2020

[quote]He doesn't have the chops to pull it off like the two Justins (Timberlake and Bieber).

I cringe at the thought of Justin Bieber's music now being considered R&B.

by Anonymousreply 40909/16/2020

Backstreet Boys had that white boy R&B sound down pat. JC Chasez, Robin Thicke and Jon B too. Bieber, Timberlake and Chris Brown have no voices for R&B. I would describe JT, Bieber and Chris Brown as more R&B and urban influenced pop than pure R&B. Shawn is just bubblegum singer-songwriter pop. Harry did try to use an R&B style call-and-response chorus for Lights Up.

by Anonymousreply 41009/16/2020

[quote] Bieber, Timberlake and Chris Brown have no voices for R&B.

I agree with this. However, I will say that Bieber and Timberlake have had success on the R&B charts. (And Timberlake pre-Nipplegate had a lot of respect from R&B audience with the Nsync single "Gone.") I just can't see Shawn having that same appeal when his singing is so bland, despite all the vocal riffs and runs he does which owes a lot to R&B.

by Anonymousreply 41109/16/2020

I cant see Shawn transitioning to an adult sound. John Mayer already was targeting an adult audience with his debut and dabbled in multiple musical genres like soul, blues, and Americana to expand his audience. Mayer can't sing that well but he's a very talented guitarist which got him in The Grateful Dead. Shawn doesn't seem to have that drive to actually be a musician. He's too focused on his brand, social media, modeling and fake relationships. Like the Jonas Bros, he is too commercial and not taken seriously by musicians. John Mayer took interest in him but seems to have moved on to the next cute young pretty boy guitarist to be his apprentice.

by Anonymousreply 41209/16/2020

[quote]Shawn doesn't seem to have that drive to actually be a musician. He's too focused on his brand, social media, modeling and fake relationships

Well its a different day entertainment. Now you can be insanely talented, but no one will ever know if you dont have a reason for people to talk about you. Thats why people with no talent can be celebrities now.

by Anonymousreply 41309/16/2020

This TIFF involvement does suggest a pivot to acting. Or maybe even producing or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 41409/16/2020

Shawn Mendes joins a campaign to get people to vote for Joe Biden without explicitly saying so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41509/16/2020

R414, I hope he takes some acting classes because if that clip from R389 is any indication of his "chops," he should stick to music.

He does look like a movie star (even though that conception is all but died in the age of Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime). I would certainly enjoy seeing someone who looks like Shawn in a movie or TV show than say Timothée Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 41609/16/2020

I can't see any pop musician having a long career nowadays who didn't get famous prior to streaming becoming dominant and even the veterans are struggling. Before streaming, the industry would develop artists to last long and pay a shit ton of payola too. Now it's very DIY but the issue is a lot of musicians aren't business savvy. Billie Eilish was born into the music industry in LA so she's one exception.

by Anonymousreply 41709/16/2020

Harry said in an interview he took a lot of advice from businessman Simon Cowell and Harry also sought out a lot of industry connections by befriending a lot of people. He is intelligent definitely a businessman who built a brand. I don't see him as an "art for art sakes" person. He's very commercial and knows how to sell.

by Anonymousreply 41809/16/2020

R415 I completely forgot Meghan Trainor existed.

by Anonymousreply 41909/16/2020

[quote]Harry said in an interview he took a lot of advice from businessman Simon Cowell and Harry also sought out a lot of industry connections by befriending a lot of people. He is intelligent definitely a businessman who built a brand.

I wish Zayn did the same thing. IMO Zayn has the best voice out of everyone mentioned here, but zero interest the music industry games.

by Anonymousreply 42009/16/2020

Oh please, let's not act like Zayn's laziness is really a case of him being artistic.

by Anonymousreply 42109/16/2020

Zayn could just retire and live a life of privacy. He should have enough money. Unless 1D fangirls start stalking him

by Anonymousreply 42209/16/2020

Zayn's music is extemely forgettable. He has no vision. It sucks as he is more talented and imo much hotter than both Shawn and Harry

by Anonymousreply 42309/16/2020

[quote]Zayn could just retire

He has, hasn't he? I mean maybe not announced but he's basically done.

[quote]and live a life of privacy

Well, he'd need a new girlfriend for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 42409/16/2020

R416 Even they are both equally bad at faking interest in their girlfriends, the truth is Chalamet can act. Looks are not everything for an actor, and even it seems that a lot of people find Tim attractive (to be fair he looks quite good on Dune trailer) what it matters is that he is talented. If he doesn't kill his career with ridiculous PR stunts, and being over ambitious (frankly i don't think he is lead man material on commercial films) he'll never be out of work because the guy is good.

Shawn next album is probably the most important in his career, or he gains adult fans or his days are numbered

by Anonymousreply 42509/17/2020

The problem with Zayn is that he is a drug addict. As simple as that.

He was the first on leaving the group, he received a lot of attention. Pillowtalk was a huge hit, but he is unable to do promos, to have a direction in his music.

Harry took a risk with his first album, which was not that commercial, but his tour did very well, and even without hits his album sold way more than any of the rest of the band. Now he had two consecutive top 10 hits, but were huge on radio. He knows what he is doing

by Anonymousreply 42609/17/2020

[Quote] I completely forgot Meghan Trainor existed.

So has the rest of the planet.

by Anonymousreply 42709/17/2020

[QUOTE] yet all her evidence about him being bi is basically the same shit that Larries were claiming years ago - he wears those clothes, he didn't use pronouns in one interview, he was in some pink water.

I never said any of that was evidence. Grinding on half naked men in the Lights Up video is evidence. Singing 'the boys and the girls are in, I mess around with them, and I'm okay with it' is evidence. His close friend Tom Hull being interviewed for Rolling Stone and telling Rob Sheffield that he advised Harry 'to date women, men...get your heart broken and then write about it' is evidence.

All of this happened in 2018/19. Nothing to do with Larry or Larries.

You hate this guy so much that even if a sex tape was leaked of him fucking a man, you'd say it was staged and queerbaiting.

by Anonymousreply 42809/17/2020

Megan has a problem from the beginning. Her sound was very particular so the odds that she will be successful once she went full pop were very little.

But Megan is a singer songwriter so even without mainstream success she'll probably do just fine

by Anonymousreply 42909/17/2020

LOL at this definition of "evidence"

by Anonymousreply 43009/17/2020

Shawn tries to move past his N word scandal by letting Black women take over his Instagram story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43109/18/2020

Also pretty explicitly endorsed Joe Biden. His fans are not happy LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43209/18/2020

I thought Gen Z was politically engaged and leaned liberal. Are a lot of his fans Trump supporters?

by Anonymousreply 43309/18/2020

[quote]I thought Gen Z was politically engaged and leaned liberal

And you assume that Shawn Mendes fans represent the views of most of Gen Z?

by Anonymousreply 43409/18/2020

R434 So they are like Swift fans and lean Republican?

by Anonymousreply 43509/18/2020

^ Yes, except Taylor is still selling records, while this might hurt Shawn's record sales. It could also be a factor in why he won't come out.

by Anonymousreply 43609/18/2020

Taylor also had the benefit of being an artist who debuted before streaming took over. She was still part of the era where the music industry invested heavily in promotion and developed their artist to have good social skills and a likable personality. She has been popular since her debut in 2006. She has 14 years and counting in the game.

Shawn only has 6 years in the game and had to solely depend on social media for his sales. He clearly was never developed as a likable personality since his Rolling Stone interview made him sound so immature, stupid and insecure with tons of profanity.

by Anonymousreply 43709/18/2020

Taylor Swift? Likable personality?

by Anonymousreply 43809/18/2020

[quote]Also pretty explicitly endorsed Joe Biden.

Well, at least Shawn has done something good for once. I'll give him credit for this one.

by Anonymousreply 43909/18/2020

Even on this dry ass remake Zayn slays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44009/18/2020

Zayn is the laziest man in the music industry. For over two years now he's refused to appear on radio or TV shows, do print interviews or even appear in his own music videos. He hasn't stepped on a stage to perform a solo song since 2016.

by Anonymousreply 44109/18/2020

Mendes supporters are all young democrat voters, in common with nearly all stan types under 30. Trump is a dirty word in the fandoms.

by Anonymousreply 44209/18/2020

R438 She is way more likeable than Shawn. At least she is inteligent enough to not make interviews like the RS interview.

The problem with Shawn is that everything he does sounds fake

by Anonymousreply 44309/19/2020

And by the way, Swift took some risks. A lot of her fans come from her country girl eras and country fans are known for being conservative.

And of course she is been endorsing liberal candidates for a while

by Anonymousreply 44409/19/2020

While a lot of people are vocal about disliking Taylor Swift on social media. Nobody can say they passionately hate her without coming across as irrational and hysterical. Most normal people have no problem with her at all and she hasn't said anything stupid or offensive like Shawn did in that Rolling Stone interview. The only reasoning I hear about Swift haters is she dates tons of guys and writes mean songs about them. Well, then why don't you go after every male songwriter in history who has written unsavory things about their exes? I'm not a fan of Taylor but she is a shrewd businesswoman and clearly very media-trained and professional. Something that a lot of artists who got big off the internet like Shawn, Lizzo and Halsey are not.

by Anonymousreply 44509/19/2020

Whether he is bi or not, Harry has been nothing but friendly and supportive of the LGBT community. Pink News would not have given him an ally award if he was doing nothing. He sold pride merch and gave the profits to LGBT charities. He runs with the pride flag in homophobic cities like Singapore and Bejing. This is not nothing but no other artist of his stature is doing this. His latest album has now sold 3m worldwide. He is huge and getting bigger.

He's already tested the water by playing a young gay man in a SNL sketch. The sketch was greeted rapturously and even put forward for an Emmy award by SNL.

by Anonymousreply 44609/19/2020

R446, I like Harry, but playing gay in an SNL sketch indicates nothing about an actor.

by Anonymousreply 44709/19/2020

[quote]but no other artist of his stature is doing this

Imagine actually thinking this. How much of a bubble you'd need to live in to actually believe this kind of crap. That's right, no other "artist" supported gay rights like Harry Styles. No straight person ever showed allyship as committed as, er, waving a Pride flag in a room full of people who adore you. There's definitely been no artists who have done things like put their career on the line to speak out for gay rights and shown a true and abiding commitment to the gay community. Nope, Harry Styles is the only fucking one.

By the way, as for waving around Pride flags - he waves BLM flags around now too, right? How did that start out? As an organic and deeply abiding belief in the BLM movement? Or as a PR move to head off criticism and promote himself?

The one thing that confuses me about Harry Styles fans more than anything is their constant desire to glorify him as things he isn't, whether than be the gay icon we're all apparently meant to worship, or the intellectual artiste they so desperately want to pretend he is. And that's without even getting into the sexuality thing. It'd surely make your lives all so much easier to just stan who he actually is, not who you want him to be.

by Anonymousreply 44809/19/2020

R447 Well, he will be playing a gay role soon. Shawn couldn't do that (because the nightmares, you know)

by Anonymousreply 44909/20/2020

So Shawn is apparently at Camila's house in LA. He did some online interview and the fangirls matched the background to her house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450Last Monday at 8:11 PM

The fangirls must be thrilled. They never believed the rumors that soulmates Shawn and Camila had broken up.

by Anonymousreply 451Last Monday at 8:25 PM

Shawn wins some awards in Canada. The Weekend should have beaten him because he's more successful and talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452Last Tuesday at 6:36 AM

... ..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453Last Tuesday at 7:02 AM

LOL Shawn's records are already being broken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454Last Tuesday at 7:39 AM

He's showing the camera how small his dick is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455Last Tuesday at 7:40 AM

Então ele tem outros pares de sapatos além daquelas botas feias, que quase caiu no rabo por usá-las. r453 😂😆

by Anonymousreply 456Last Tuesday at 9:10 AM

R450 they were friends before the whole bearding thing, and are probably still friends now. so it hardly means anything he's at her place in l.a. but the few blind people who believed they were an actual couple are probably thrilled.

R456 em raras ocasiões ele usa algo além dessas botas estúpidas. gostava de conhecer quem decidiu que isso ia ser parte do estilo dele, só para lhes dar um par de chapadas.

by Anonymousreply 457Last Tuesday at 9:48 AM

I can't wait for his career to go away so that real musicians can get in the spotlight again.

by Anonymousreply 458Last Tuesday at 9:53 AM

To all you bitches talking shit, I bet you wouldn't say to his face, at 6'4 with those hands! 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459Last Tuesday at 10:12 AM

Oh sim r457.😂

by Anonymousreply 460Last Tuesday at 10:36 AM

R458 I hate to break it to you, but once Shawn goes away, he's getting replaced with another pretty face. This shit is extremely cyclical.

by Anonymousreply 461Last Tuesday at 11:29 AM

R459 I would most certainly say this stuff to his face because he looks like you could tip him over like a cow.

by Anonymousreply 462Last Tuesday at 11:33 AM

R458 The fuck? Because he's the only example of talent-free good-image types pushing real musicians out the way? Grow up. That's been the music industry for fucking decades.

by Anonymousreply 463Last Tuesday at 2:59 PM

R459 Lol, what bitchy gayvoice does he have ....

R455 Maybe he has a clit already....

by Anonymousreply 464Last Tuesday at 3:02 PM

[quote]So Shawn is apparently at Camila's house in LA.

Camila's hair isn't going to braid itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465Last Tuesday at 4:05 PM

LOL Shawn looks Trans in this photo. The ruby red lips and necklace, coupled with the chest hair, is such an off putting image. I'm shocked anyone let him leave his place looking like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466Last Tuesday at 4:15 PM

R466 Now that's what he should've worn to the Met Gala for the Camp theme

by Anonymousreply 467Last Tuesday at 4:19 PM

Also LOL Shawn briefly followed a gay porn Twitter account before he unfollowed it.

Speaking of his follows, his recent ones include a Harry Styles fan account (hmmmm), Robert Irwin and a bunch of Black activist groups.

I wonder if Shawn reads the DL. If he does, he should let us know by following some crazy obscure DL thing that only we would know about. Or better yet, he should follow Alec Benjamin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468Last Tuesday at 4:20 PM

R466, it looks like Shawn borrowed his grandmother's pearls.

by Anonymousreply 469Last Tuesday at 4:27 PM

R466, it looks like Shawn borrowed his grandmother's pearls.

by Anonymousreply 470Last Tuesday at 4:27 PM

If there was ever a picture one could use to explain gayface R466 is it!

by Anonymousreply 471Last Tuesday at 4:38 PM

How does one accidentally follow a site like that?

by Anonymousreply 472Last Tuesday at 5:13 PM

R472 I've done that before, but only because I was looking at a Twitter account and then accidentally clicked the follow button. It happens more on my iPhone, which is really embarrassing, and I unfollow quickly hoping they don't notice. What this does seem to indicate is that Shawn watches gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 473Last Tuesday at 6:58 PM

Seems unlikely though that anyone under the age of 40 would be looking at a Twitter account selling porn DVDs

by Anonymousreply 474Last Tuesday at 7:05 PM

Of course he followed a Harry Styles fan account. Farm boy Mendes wishes he had the urbane sophistication of Styles, who doesn't need to collab with a hoe to get a #1 on the Hot 100.

by Anonymousreply 475Last Tuesday at 8:20 PM

[quote]urbane sophistication

Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 476Last Tuesday at 9:07 PM

[quote]What this does seem to indicate is that Shawn watches gay porn.

So he was looking at a gay porn twitter account at the time?

by Anonymousreply 477Last Tuesday at 9:24 PM

So apparently Lady Gaga and Jason Derulo also followed that account at one point. Sounds like it was probably a regular account then got converted into the gay porn one.

They don't even post porn. Just DVD covers.

by Anonymousreply 478Last Tuesday at 10:12 PM

Yeah it was a regular account that then turned into porn. Happens a lot. Several celebs and internet personalities have had people find out they were following gay porn actors, but it turns out said porn actor used to be a regular account and got followed through one of those following sprees some celebrities/webstars do.

by Anonymousreply 479Last Tuesday at 11:46 PM

R466 He's going to transition. It's just getting more and more obvious. That's why he doesn't identify as gay and get's very very upset when poeple allude to it. Maybe Kurt Geiger can help him to come to terms with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480Last Wednesday at 1:30 AM

R463 How many of the others said they had nightmares because someone somewhere thinks he is gay?

This is not a question of hating the type of singer he represents it's about hating him. And unlike others here in DL, the hate for him is not irrational, people liked him before, he showed he is a jerk and now people dislike him

by Anonymousreply 481Last Wednesday at 2:19 AM

R481 But that isn't what was said. What was said was:

[quote]I can't wait for his career to go away so that real musicians can get in the spotlight again.

So yes, that comment was very much about the type of singer he represents.

by Anonymousreply 482Last Wednesday at 2:58 AM

[Quote] those following sprees some celebrities/webstars do.

They need to stop doing this. Keep your follow lists small, even if it pisses off your fans. You never know the views of the people you're following in one of those follow sprees. It can bite you in the ass, like it did here for Shawn. That is, if R479 is correct and Shawn followed them when they weren't a gay porn account (which I have my doubts about).

by Anonymousreply 483Last Wednesday at 4:35 AM

Well, that's obvious, Shawn wouldn't follow anything gay

by Anonymousreply 484Last Wednesday at 4:42 AM

[quote]That is, if [R479] is correct and Shawn followed them when they weren't a gay porn account (which I have my doubts about).

So you think Lady Gaga and Jason Derulo also just happened to follow a Twitter account selling gay porn DVDs in Britain?

by Anonymousreply 485Last Wednesday at 4:48 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 48621 hours ago

A bump wasn't necessary unless there was actual news to share, like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48718 hours ago

Is he still dating Carmela? I don’t like her. They don’t seem like a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 48814 hours ago

[quote]Is he still dating Carmela? I don’t like her. They don’t seem like a good fit.

That could be because Shawn is a dick smoker.

by Anonymousreply 48913 hours ago

Hmm. We haven’t heard from the "Shane Mendes is strait and drunk on Chamomila's cunt juice" troll lately.

by Anonymousreply 49013 hours ago

R490 Maybe he/she decided to give up but that's more a wish than a reality. Probably he/she will be back when Shawn releases a new song (with very straight lyrics)

by Anonymousreply 49113 hours ago

R480 I've said this several times in threads about Shawn, and I always get flamed but crazed fans (and I'm sure I will again). Shawn's issues, anxiety, and utter terror at not being perceived as masculine are rooted in gender identity and not sexuality. I believe that his biological sex may be at odds with his gender identity. Most trans people only begin to piece their identities together in their twenties. Shawn absorbs the gossip about his being gay as an attack on his outward masculinity because he struggles to rectify his inward feelings of femininity. Many trans people are also sexually confused because they don't identify as homosexual. For example, a trans woman likely identifies as straight because, in her state of womanhood, she is "naturally" attracted to men. Although it is possible he is sexually attracted to women and which case, he'd be a trans woman who identifies as a lesbian.

As someone who has struggled with my own gender identity. I can see it in Shawn rather clearly. His hair, his clothes, he's just starting to push gender boundaries. I think many gay guys dismiss this argument because they want to claim him as "one of their own." I get that, sorry, it's more complicated than that. I realize being gay is a source of anxiety and repression, and hatred, but what I get from Shawn is someone who is deeply uncomfortable with who they are. He might not even fully know who he is yet either. Most trans people don't begin to transition until their 30s or 40s.

by Anonymousreply 49213 hours ago

R492 Nah, he is a fem gay boy and nothing more than that.

And Shawn doesn't struggle with his masculinity but his sexual orientation, if he have a problem with his masculinity he wouldn't wear his headband, his jewlery and those boots (that are the less masculine thing ever)

by Anonymousreply 49313 hours ago

[quote]re I will again). Shawn's issues, anxiety, and utter terror at not being perceived as masculine are rooted in gender identity and not sexuality. I believe that his biological sex may be at odds with his gender identity. Most trans people only begin to piece their identities together in their twenties.

Oh Honey, I don't know about that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49413 hours ago

R490 That would be the "Welp Troll" troll and I guess she got totally humiliated to the extent that she has nothing to say. Or maybe she's too busy harassing people in the various Meghan Markle threads. Who knows.

R494 That video has already been posted twice in this thread. Why would you do it again?

by Anonymousreply 4959 hours ago

Which one of you bitches bumped this rogue thread? I done told yall about this 😠👊🏼💢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4968 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!