Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember when Hillary chose Tim Kaine and she thought it would help her win the election?

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 81September 7, 2020 3:13 AM

Lmao the worst presidential campaign of all time

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 9:53 PM

Kaine was a non entity and didn’t swing the needle in either direction. She might have won if she picked someone better. I bet you she’s kicking herself right now.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 9:54 PM

Hillary = tone deaf political instncts.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 9:55 PM

The VP still wouldn’t have mattered after James Comey sunk her with his pesky letter.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 9:58 PM

Hillary last all on her own merit.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 10:01 PM

Trump was slightly more unpopular nationally.

Hillary just happened to be slightly more unpopular in a very few states on which the electoral vote mattered.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 10:04 PM

Tim was to help her win Virginia, and she did. Now with Kamala maybe Biden can win California.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 10:05 PM

Go play in traffic OP.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 10:14 PM

She won the popular vote by just under 3 million votes with Tim Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 10:26 PM

Remember when the OP posted this thread and thought he would win 237 WWs?

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 10:29 PM

She might have gone in so many innovative directions but both Clintons who are probably personally progressive embrace the moderate and govern as Republican light. Tim does have a progressive history, speaks impeccable Spanish but looks and acts like a middle of the roader. He doesn’t go for the jugular.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 10:38 PM

Si se puede!

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 11:16 PM

She was no match for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 11:26 PM

R7, Does anyone really think Biden will NOT carry California?

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 11:41 PM

Nothing tops that time McCain picked that sexy librarian from Alaska who could see Putin from her front porch.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 11:49 PM

Hillary lost because Russia owns Trump and interfered! Period! You Deplorables are dumb as a fucking fingernail clipping!

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2020 12:01 AM

Karl Rove already told you morons how he stole the election from Hillary and that's because it was close. This one isn't close so they will have to resort to suppression and fucking with the USPS. You idiots really think another four years of this vapid orange turd will make things better? Kill yourselves now.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2020 12:16 AM

People don't vote for VP's. Hillary was going to win Virginia with or without Tim Kaine. Virginia had already turned blue. She couldn't win Wisc, Mich or Penn, 3 states who had been blue for many recent elections. Yes she won by 3 million, but that doesn't win elections. Biden is leading in the polls in many states that Trump won including, Wisc, Mich, Penn, NC, Ariz, Florida, Ohio (by less than 1 pt). Biden is behind Trump in Georgia by 2.3 pts, Iowa by 1.4 pts, Texas by 0.4 pts. Hillary was never that close in these red states.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2020 12:25 AM

BERNIE BROS!!!

BORISES!!!

NATASHAS!!!!

TRUMPISTS!!!!

FREEPERS!!!!

COMEY-ITES!!!

LAUER LOVERS!!!!

JILL STEIN VOTERS!!!!

How dare you all come here and speak ill of Her?

She, who spake the words "women's rights are human rights"

Who stuck with her husband through numerous infidelities

Who found a loving home for Socks the Cat

I cannot bear to think of what possesses you to speak ill of such a holy woman.

DIE IN A GREASE FIRE ALL OF YOU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2020 12:30 AM

R19 = QAnon fat cunt who left her stinking fat self out of that deplorable list. 400 lbs of abject misery.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2020 12:41 AM

[quote] Kaine was a non entity and didn’t swing the needle in either direction. She might have won if she picked someone better. I bet you she’s kicking herself right now.

Vice Presidential Candidates Don’t Deliver Votes Studies show that there’s no demographic or home-state advantage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2020 12:46 AM

In 2016 a lot of voters, especially undecideds and swing voters, were in an anti-Washington, anti establishment frame of mind. Hillary, of course, could do nothing about selling herself as an outsider, but instead of picking a governor or someone else who spent little if any time in DC, she picked Kaine. From a good government POV, it was a good move as she wanted to ensure there was someone with experience as VP in event something happened to her. But Kaine had no appeal to the Sanders supporters so there was no ticket balance within the party. On the stump and at the VP debate, Kaine didn't embarrass himself, but he didn't do anything to stand out. He was a meh VP choice and probably the most forgettable VP choice since William Miller in 1964. And in choosing another DC insider, Hillary re-inforced how politically tone death she could be at times given the anti-Establishment mood 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2020 12:48 AM

I have long suspected that r21, but I think they can signal some kind of ideological commitment, or some sort of reaching out to a constituency or a party faction. I've always been very suspicious of any analysis that says, whoever could get some state for the candidate. I assume that's been bullshit for 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 1:09 AM

R22, actually Kaine did embarrass himself at the debate. Of all four debates, it was the only one the networks gave to the Republican ticket. For some reason, Kaine wouldn't stop talking (mostly shouting) and Pence looked reasonable by comparison. It was a strange strategy for the usually sober Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2020 1:10 AM

Tim Kaine is gayer than Richard Simmons.

But in reality the last VP candidate to actually help the president win was Lyndon Johnson in 1960.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2020 1:21 AM

Kaine was dull. Kamala isn't. She just isn't.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2020 1:21 AM

Harris Pence is NOT going to be a dull debate, if it happens. Bitch is going to bring the fierceness and poor liddle white bread is going to go home crying.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2020 1:28 AM

Hillary still won three million more votes than Trump did OP. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas sed semper tortor. Sed at semper erat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. [bold]Comey[/bold] vestibulum lobortis cursus. Morbi interdum eros iaculis lacus rutrum iaculis. Nulla vestibulum iaculis arcu eget consectetur. Nunc eu eros nec lectus feugiat suscipit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia curae; Phasellus ultricies justo ut diam dignissim, nec egestas neque varius. Curabitur nec lorem velit. Proin id ante imperdiet, faucibus velit eget, condimentum magna.

Morbi ac interdum enim. Etiam ut laoreet sem. [bold]New York Times[/bold] convallis id massa eu elementum. Aliquam mollis erat a felis faucibus efficitur. Maecenas lectus libero, porta ac neque non, sollicitudin hendrerit lacus. Cras varius efficitur velit id convallis. Praesent sit amet placerat ligula. Proin posuere metus convallis arcu molestie, id finibus ex vehicula. Etiam gravida, lectus id ultrices convallis, mauris est rhoncus justo, ut dictum arcu velit ut ipsum. Morbi a dolor ut metus lacinia mollis. [bold]BernieBros[/bold] interdum vestibulum augue, ac efficitur neque egestas non. Morbi ut malesuada metus. Fusce ultricies et magna in tincidunt.

Donec porttitor nunc augue, at interdum ex pulvinar aliquam. Cras fringilla id arcu a imperdiet. Phasellus eleifend turpis lectus, a accumsan tortor finibus quis. Etiam ut magna sem. Curabitur pellentesque mollis tortor sit amet auctor. Donec iaculis velit non laoreet aliquet. Ut at nisl quis metus sollicitudin porta. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Sed eget urna vitae est dapibus fringilla. Quisque diam nulla, fermentum et erat eu, bibendum [bold]Misogyny[/bold] felis. Proin cursus risus viverra, bibendum ipsum a, mollis purus.

Aliquam euismod blandit dictum. Proin pellentesque aliquam metus nec laoreet. Vestibulum dui nisi, sagittis a tellus vitae, feugiat elementum nulla. Vivamus a lacus turpis. Donec elit tortor, [bold]Right Wing Propaganda[/bold] at mattis molestie, consequat a erat. Donec mattis dolor a commodo viverra. Nulla placerat luctus metus id porta. Vestibulum eget tristique nisi, eu placerat dolor. Nunc metus libero, ornare sit amet diam vel, facilisis tincidunt ante. Curabitur ut rhoncus libero. [bold]Matt Lauer[/bold] varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Vestibulum et commodo felis. Nunc volutpat tempor neque, ac maximus dolor pulvinar sit amet.

Nunc tincidunt condimentum ex id volutpat. Vestibulum auctor non felis eu ornare. Vivamus sodales tincidunt dui, sit amet elementum enim. Sed a augue non leo [bold]Putin[/bold] pulvinar. Vivamus finibus tortor ac suscipit efficitur. Nam sollicitudin at [bold]Putin[/bold] sit amet ultricies. Sed sodales fermentum sem ut congue. Nullam quis feugiat metus. Mauris pulvinar est [bold]Jill Stein[/bold] , rhoncus lorem non, mattis enim. [bold]Obama[/bold] scelerisque est quis dictum dignissim. Vestibulum [bold]Comey[/bold] pulvinar vestibulum. Proin ac maximus arcu. Donec non lacinia ex. Cras consequat elit ac neque porta semper. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora [bold]emails[/bold] per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

Fusce nec pretium orci. Maecenas tincidunt ex ac magna luctus viverra. Morbi venenatis, quam et accumsan semper, lacus ligula facilisis dolor, vel pharetra metus nisl a nisl. Aenean lobortis aliquam nunc vel vulputate. Nam consectetur fermentum efficitur. Nunc eleifend tempus arcu, ut interdum orci imperdiet a. [bold]QAnon[/bold] fringilla [bold]emails[/bold] egestas. In pellentesque [bold]frau[/bold] quam, eu eleifend ligula [bold]pussy grabbing[/bold] ullamcorper. [bold]Benghazi[/bold] ut hendrerit felis, non finibus massa.

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2020 1:29 AM

Cicero posts here? Well, la dee da!!

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2020 1:35 AM

I really liked Kaine. He would have made a wonderful vice-president. But he definitely has a fey manner and did not come across as particularly masculine,

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2020 1:37 AM

Just shush OP!

I remember everybody, including me liked Tim Kaine a lot before the election.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2020 1:39 AM

Did you r31? I mean I never disliked him, but honestly all I remember is a whole lot of indifference.

by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2020 1:40 AM

With Biden and kamala it feels a little different. She has a more powerful personality. And he is old and wishy washy. In DL terms she's the top who'd be pegging his tired saggy ass. And Trump's fat flabby one too. OMG she sounds totally perv!

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2020 6:57 AM

Tim Kaine resigned his post as chairperson of the DNC so that Hillary could install that frizzy headed girl from Florida who was serving as her campaign manager in the spot. If he hadn't resigned, she couldn't have done that.

Hillary was stuck with having him on the ticket - quid pro quo. But at the time, it didn't seem like it would matter that much....not that it did.

I doubt very few people did or DID NOT vote for Hillary because of TK.

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2020 5:43 PM

We always hear from her fan boys about how competent Hillary is.... however, all evidence appears to point to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote] that frizzy headed girl from Florida

lol

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2020 5:58 PM

Debbie Washerman Shusch.

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2020 6:22 PM

Hillary did win the election. The rest was fraud.

And be fair, r31 -- not every man can be as butch as Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2020 6:44 PM

Kaine lacked gravitas and botched his debate, letting Pence get away with suave, calm denials of the obvious. I hope Harris is more dogged and isolates his lies, as she usually does. Another crappy choice for VP was Joe Lieberman, who was all bipartisan in his debate with Cheney and basically gave a preview of his traitorousness in 2008.

But that said, Kaine didn't lose the election for Clinton; she won the popular vote but between Putin's owning Trump and the complacency of both the Clinton campaign and voters, lost by a hair in three states that counted. GET OUT THE VOTE FOR BIDEN.

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2020 6:57 PM

I found Tim Kaine was spectacularly MEH at the debate and yes, my dick shriveled thereafter. I don't know, maybe lotsa people didn't vote because they didn't want to see him succeed Hillary if she were elected.

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2020 7:10 PM

It is true that in most elections the VP doesn't really do much for the ticket. However, not in this case. Having a person of color on the ticket will highly energize the electorate. In other words, people will crawl through glass to vote. Hillary would have been a great president. But, she was a lousy candidate. There is an energy this time that cannot be underestimated.

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2020 7:13 PM

God I wish we could just get past Hillary Clinton, and this is coming from someone who really likes her. It took you guys forever to get over 2008. You're still not over 2016. Republicans use her as the big bad boogy man. White women run from her like the plague. How do we quit Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2020 7:16 PM

Remember when Obama picked Biden because he thought it would calm the fears of white blue-collar workers? It worked, twice.

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2020 7:19 PM

I keep trying to understand how Hillary lost the election because of the Russians - but she DID win the popular vote by over three million.....but the Russians didn't have anything to do with that.

Is it one or the other? Or does it depend on what you want to believe.....or does it even matter now?

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2020 7:40 PM

Tim Kaine is not a convincing heterosexual. Not like me!

by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2020 8:00 PM

Had never heard of Tim Kaine before she chose him, watched the debate with Pence and he was like a hyperactive terrier. Not impressed. Voted for her, haven’t heard anything about him since.

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2020 8:24 PM

R46, nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2020 8:35 PM

Don't be disingenuous, R44. Russian-funded propaganda (and Russian money laundered through the NRA and other American organizations), along with other factors, raised the vote for Trump enough that he won three states by extremely narrow margins and so won the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2020 8:40 PM

So the Russians were smarter than Hillary and all the Democrats put together?

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2020 9:28 PM

So the Russians were smarter than Hillary and all the Democrats put together?

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote]We always hear from her fan boys about how competent Hillary is.... however, all evidence appears to point to the contrary.

Hillary’s career was full of examples of “bad decisions” and “errors in judgment” that she was constantly having to apologize for.

People can blame “Comey’s letter” all they want for her loss. That investigation was reopened because they found her emails on Weiner’s computer. That’s her own bad judgment having a known sex predator in her inner circle.

The bottom line is she makes bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2020 9:37 PM

I just came here to say again that Tim Kaine comes across as a closeted married homosexual. No one likes that. I actually like Pete as an out gay man. And one who is more masculine than Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 52September 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Tim Caine was like a sop to people who wanted a straight white man

by Anonymousreply 53September 6, 2020 10:55 AM

Mayor Pete was incredibly sexy in his white-tiled kitchen on Nicolle Wallace’s show this last week. I’m jealous that Chasten gets dicked down by that regularly.

I imagine Chasten being quite a prolific bottom.

by Anonymousreply 54September 6, 2020 11:01 AM

Voters historically don't vote based on VP, so it makes no difference.

by Anonymousreply 55September 6, 2020 11:47 AM

r44, the Bernie Bros and Jill Stein also contributed. Too many people just didn't like either candidate. Do we know what percentage of people voted in 2016 vs other presidential years? People just seemed very bitter and not caring.

by Anonymousreply 56September 6, 2020 11:49 AM

R52. FORGOT TO SIGN POST!

by Anonymousreply 57September 6, 2020 12:14 PM

Tim Kaine was a horrible selection, I couldn't quite believe it at the time but everyone, virtually everyone thought that Hillary was a lock to win the Presidency, so I guess she picked someone she was comfortable with as VP.

Al Gore's selection of Joe Lieberman was a 1000 times worse.

by Anonymousreply 58September 6, 2020 12:33 PM

I liked Tim

by Anonymousreply 59September 6, 2020 1:00 PM

OP, too bad for you it's all in the past.

by Anonymousreply 60September 6, 2020 1:19 PM

Do you remember that time when the Chicago Daily Tribune reported that Dewey had won the election?

by Anonymousreply 61September 6, 2020 1:25 PM

Which was stupidest? Gore-Lieberman, Kerry-Edwards, McCain-Palin, or Clinton-Kaine?

I think the Lieberman definitely cost Gore the win, Palin was stupid and desperate but he was already losing, Kaine too safe and dull, and you knew Edwards was a sleaze already.

by Anonymousreply 62September 6, 2020 1:26 PM

I don't think selecting Tim Kaine had any considerable impact on the outcome of the election. That said, I was really disappointed when Hillary announced him as her running mate. Further, I think he performed very poorly in the debate with Pence and it was more his presentation rather than content. Kaine-should have cleaned the floor with Pence.

by Anonymousreply 63September 6, 2020 1:28 PM

I totally agree, R62!

by Anonymousreply 64September 6, 2020 1:29 PM

The stupidest was Trump-Pence and yet there he is getting away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 65September 6, 2020 1:31 PM

I think a candidate should pick someone they can get along with, first of all. Then, a qualified person who is a heartbeat away from the top spot. Kaine fit that bill for Hillary.

Nov. 3rd will tell us if America is ready for a female yet.

by Anonymousreply 66September 6, 2020 1:33 PM

Well , actually she did win, the electoral college got in the way

by Anonymousreply 67September 6, 2020 1:36 PM

Hillary makes bad political decisions because Hillary should never have been a politician.

She seems to be doing it as a way to show Bill up for cheating on her their entire marriage.

She is a smart woman and would have been very happy and very fulfilled as a senior partner in a law firm, maybe even a law school professor.

But she has no natural inclination towards politics and while she may be adept at creating policy, she has no skills to implement it and, most important, to sell it.

That said, he would have been a better president than Trump, but the number of people who would have been worse presidents than Trump would not fill a minor league baseball stadium.

by Anonymousreply 68September 6, 2020 1:42 PM

I really liked Tim Kaine. He struck me as a fundamentally good guy with solid credentials - basically the opposite of Mike Pence.

I sometimes forget that Tim.Kaine exists, but on the rare occasion that he pops up in the national news, I'm instantly reminded of what we lost and what could have been.

A Clinton/Kaine administration would have moved this country forward and there wouldn't be close to 200,000 people dead from COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 69September 6, 2020 1:58 PM

Lol OP

by Anonymousreply 70September 6, 2020 2:21 PM

People forget Trump won by a matter of a few 100 thousand votes.

by Anonymousreply 71September 6, 2020 2:22 PM

R71 You can't forget something that never happened.

by Anonymousreply 72September 6, 2020 2:24 PM

r72 look it up dumbass. PA voting difference between Trump and Clinton

Popular vote 2,970,733 2,926,441

Trump took PA by 44K votes.

by Anonymousreply 73September 6, 2020 2:27 PM

Why oh why couldn't Pete have been chosen.

by Anonymousreply 74September 6, 2020 2:28 PM

R73 OK, Trump troll. Whatever you want to believe is fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 75September 6, 2020 2:30 PM

r75 I am not a trump troll - quite the opposite. I am saying Trump only won by a very very small number of votes.

by Anonymousreply 76September 6, 2020 2:39 PM

No, but we remember when a drunk syphilitic sailor stuck his dick up your mom's ass and you came out 4 months later as a preemie shit-baby.

Glad you're out of the incubator now! huzzah!

by Anonymousreply 77September 6, 2020 2:45 PM

r77 um okay....

by Anonymousreply 78September 6, 2020 2:47 PM

Her loss was all on her not Tim Kaine. She didn’t visit swing States. Who does that? Biden better not fall into the same trap. We have BLM destroying our chances, there’s no room for fuck ups.

by Anonymousreply 79September 6, 2020 7:36 PM

If Hillary Clinton had been elected president and taken office, do you think she'd be President now? Or Kaine? I imagine she would have done something slightly shady ethics wise and the GOP house would have impeached her immediately. And there may have been enough Democrats in the Senate worried about tainted by the latest so called Clinton scandal they may have voted to remove her.

by Anonymousreply 80September 6, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]And there may have been enough Democrats in the Senate worried about tainted by the latest so called Clinton scandal they may have voted to remove her.

Kirsten Sinema is a prime suspect who can’t be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 81September 7, 2020 3:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!