Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking News: Biden has chosen Kamala Harris as his running mate

This isn't a joke, I just got a text message after signing up to his campaign notifications the other day.

by Anonymousreply 590October 26, 2020 2:58 PM

How disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

CNN is announcing this live, now.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

Kamala

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

Good! I like her better than Rice and Whitmer.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

As expected. Nothing exciting here.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 8:18 PM

So disappointed. But voting Biden.

I wonder how many Kaftanistans can honestly say they'd have done the same.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 8:19 PM

Welp.

There's always 2024.

Trump just won re-election.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 8:19 PM

R1, SHUT UP and SUPPORT.

The goal is to get Trump the fuck OUT and I don't doubt she will take down Pence

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 8:19 PM

What R8 said

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 8:20 PM

"Joe Biden here. Big news: I've chosen Kamala Harris as my running mate. Together, with you, we're going to beat Trump. Add your name to welcome her to the team:"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 8:20 PM

Oh can your fucking theatrics about the goddamn death. I am voting Dem even if I have to vote for California Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 8:20 PM

Sorry that it's not Elizabeth Warren, but it will not change my vote.

#Biden2020

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 8:21 PM

Also breaking news:

[quote] DAILY MAIL: Ghislaine Maxwell taken off suicide watch in Brooklyn jail

YS@NYinLA2121: Ghislaine Maxwell did not kill herself tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 8:21 PM

Do some people actually not vote for people based on VP picks? Not to shit on what VPs do but it shouldn't affect it much. Also she seems like a fine pick.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 8:21 PM

More interesting than Harris.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 8:21 PM

Love her.

Very exciting

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 8:22 PM

I would have voted for Biden if he had chosen Lena Dunham, and I fucking hate Lens. Kamala is great.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 8:22 PM

LOL, my absolute least favorite of all the wonderful options, but you know what? Joe Biden is my absolute favorite of the options for President, so he this team gets my vote.

Throw out Orange ASAP and support Democratic Senate candidates who can flip a seat!

Onward and upward!

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Trump just got re-elected. This will be shooting fish in a barrel for them. MSNBC has her polling up and her unfavourables are higher than her favorables. LOL. Nice pick, Biden.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Put your bullshit pettiness aside and don't even try and act like this is Sarah Palin. This woman actually has a friggin brain and experience. We need to stop the in-fighting and look over there at the shit-show on the right. We cannot allow those parasites anoth er four years. They are destroying this country with their evil and idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 8:23 PM

So disappointed. I wanted Susan Rice or Val Demmings.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote]Do some people actually not vote for people based on VP picks? Not to shit on what VPs do but it shouldn't affect it much. Also she seems like a fine pick.

I'm sure that Sarah Palin turned off a few moderate Repugs. But she was a drooling idiot. Kamala's personality might rub some the wrong way, but you can't say she's not intelligent or competent.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 8:24 PM

R19, she will prove herself up against Pence - I don't doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 8:24 PM

Her husband is ugly as fuck! I don't like her but I will vote for Biden

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 8:24 PM

She already has t-shirts ready for her 2024 campaign.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

The naysayers here are disgusting.

She’s presidential. And she can appeal to the law and order whites who are worried about Antifa.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote]We need to stop the in-fighting and look over there at the shit-show on the right.

Would you have said as much if it was any of the others?

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

Biden | Harris 2020

Fucking destroy Trump! I wish it was November...

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote] Do some people actually not vote for people based on VP picks?

No. The handwringers on DL are either racist or they think everyone else is. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

Spoiler alert: The VEEP has very little effect on the race.

But Kamala was the right pick. There is a reason she was the obvious pick from day one.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

Again, R26, and if it wasn't your barbie?

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

Same here R21. I thought for sure it would be Demmings.

Harris is tough, and smart, but also very rehearse and mannered. It's all about HER...have never felt she really gives a damn about regular folks.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 8:25 PM

So assuming Biden wins (god willing) who is most likely to take Kamala's senate seat?

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 8:26 PM

She's not going to do much harm but except for the Nolan Miller brigade on DL, she won't add much either. Then again, VP never does. Back to Biden. He's the candidate.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 8:26 PM

R27, absolutely. I never understood some of you going ballistic over this person or that person, save Pete and Stacy - neither has enough of a CV and in those two cases, I would've taken issue.

Personally, i wanted Warren, but I don't doubt Harris' competence.

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

Good. I just sent them $25 and I swore I would not donate to Biden after Bernie lost.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

What do VPs even do? Pence has spent the past 4 years denouncing abortion and hiding behind mother. Biden was Obama's comic relief. Cheney...ok, well Cheney is the exception that proves the rule. Bush Gore as Veep was forgettable, same as Bush Sr. I only remember Dan Quayle for his spelling mishaps and Murphy Brown fight.

Let's not pretend that the VP is that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

You outed yourself Trumptard R19. Reread your troll post and find what you did wrong.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

This is the worst decision ever.

Just wait and see.

He should have chosen Warren or Whitmer.

Kamala Harris will drag his campaign down like anchor. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote]So assuming Biden wins (god willing) who is most likely to take Kamala's senate seat?

Eric Swallwell.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 8:28 PM

Every California politician is now going to be scrambling to see if they can get her Senate seat r33.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 8:28 PM

Love her! She has BALLS!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

R35, that's reasonable. I don't understand why I am so disappointed. It may be the irrational support for her here. I know she's competent and up to the job. Somehow, I wanted more substance. She's a novice and performer. But OK. Vote for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

Kamala isn't even the best black woman.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

R39, I'm bookmarking this thread because I know you will EAT your words.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

Could be Karen Bass for the seat.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

Adam Schiff

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

I’m annoyed! I donated and signed up for an alert and didn’t get one!

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

I already had the poster on ignore r45. Clearly a troll.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 8:29 PM

I'm content with this. I think it's for the best.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 8:30 PM

This is a colossal disaster. Say goodbye to Biden’s 10 point lead. White suburban women and old people won’t be able to relate to the angry black woman from San Francisco with no personality. Dems are about to learn a hard lesson that pandering to a small voter share is a stupid idea. 2020 is won or lost in the suburbs. We just lost them.

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2020 8:30 PM

Give her a chance and you will see she is up to the task. Like I said, I wanted Warren, but Harris will be out there fighting for Biden. Don't doubt this woman.

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2020 8:30 PM

R7 is John Q Dee Plorable

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2020 8:31 PM

[quote] I'm bookmarking this thread because I know you will EAT your words

Please do mark this. Because you are the one who will be eating YOUR words.

Oh and watch your back, Joe Biden. She's the type who will be constantly undermining you and the first one to stab you in the back.

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2020 8:31 PM

NO ONE can gesticulate like she can. I hope she has enough rings.

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2020 8:32 PM

Now that Harris is the VP pick, I nominate Adam Schiff for Attorney General.

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2020 8:33 PM

Fuck off with saying “racist”, R29. Just fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2020 8:33 PM

[quote] This is a colossal disaster. Say goodbye to Biden’s 10 point lead. White suburban women and old people won’t be able to relate to the angry black woman from San Francisco with no personality. Dems are about to learn a hard lesson that pandering to a small voter share is a stupid idea. 2020 is won or lost in the suburbs. We just lost them.

THIS. 100%.

Dataloungers just don't get it.

They think that a far-left discussion board, the mainstream media, SJW's, and WOKE people are the voice of America.

They may be visible and vocal, but they do not determine elections.

Why doesn't anyone here understand that?

Ask Al Gore. Ask John Kerry. Ask Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2020 8:33 PM

R51, suburban women also voted for Roy Moore. If Biden loses due to idiots like those women, we will deserve Trump as a nation. We can't keep coddling vile people in this country who only require someone be white and male to lead. And do me a favor: If you ARE supposedly a liberal and Dem, don't spend your time attacking the people on our side. Trump and the GOP are the enemy. Don't fucking enable them as you have the past four years.

by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2020 8:33 PM

R54 is on many people's ignore. He's a HUGE Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2020 8:33 PM

Lol r51. Your imaginary world where the veep pick that important.

I guess if this is the worst the trolls can spout with Kamala then it was the right pick.

by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2020 8:34 PM

Karmala will be Prez. Coz Biden's goona croak or resign due to illness.

by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2020 8:34 PM

She’s ready to have a conversation about things.

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2020 8:34 PM

R51, what does Lisa Bonet have to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2020 8:34 PM

She got 2% and dropped out two months before Iowa. Based on MSNBC’s screen she is viewed more unfavourably than favourably. She was the best choice??? Really???

by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2020 8:34 PM

The trolls are out to play as predicted. It doesn’t matter who it was, the trolls would troll for each woman

We have conservatives on this forum attempting to influence the election. Don’t fall for their crap.

by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2020 8:35 PM

At least now if Biden loses, it will shut up the Joy Reids of the world for a while.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2020 8:35 PM

If you are disappointed, remember that plenty of cabinet positions will be open to other contenders like Rice, Demings, Abrams, and Warren, and in these positions they could be more influential than as veep, provided Biden lives a full term. Otherwise, make your peace with Harris. She is a tough debater and has the political experience - complete with mistakes - to know how to govern.

Neither Biden nor Harris are my choices for the ticket. But this is the most important presidential election of our lifetimes. We need to defeat the current administration. We can’t afford not to and we can’t waste energy on infighting. At least not until after Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2020 8:35 PM

A lot of Trumptards on here like R65 who isn't even in the US.

by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2020 8:35 PM

You still haven't figured out what gives you away as a troll have you R65?

by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2020 8:37 PM

Let’s take a moment to laugh at Chief Sitting Bull Warren and Stacey Abrahams. Chief Sitting Bull betrayed all her values and morals to potentially be VP and Stacey acted like she was campaigning for the best actress Oscar. And they lost to the mean woman who spent months calling Biden a racist. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2020 8:37 PM

You are such a stupid cunt, R60. I can't even with you.

You are probably the same asshole who was absolutely VILIFYING people in 2016 for not backing Hillary Clinton, over other Democratic candidates.

Bullying people, threatening people, and yes.. VILIFYING people for not backing your candidate. And your candidate LOST in 2016.

The same thing is going to happen with this Kamala Harris. She is the African American equivalent of Hillary Clinton. People just DON'T LIKE HER.

That's why she didn't even make it to the Democratic Primaries. Democrats didn't even vote for her, for fuck's sake!!!

Biden had a chance with Warren or Whitmer. Now he has NO chance.

Block me, ignore me, FF me... i couldn't care less. It won't change the fact that I'm right, and it certainly won't change the results of the election in November.

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Kamala is smart and cunning. She will hand Pence his ass on the stage without him even being aware that she took it. She knows how to shade and to be blunt. Plus she will be everywhere making a case for this ticket. And if it's one thing she's good at, it's presenting a compelling argument.

She will get A HUGE turnout in Black voters as well as inspire the younger generation who were not sold on Biden to begin with. It's time the democrats started playing first and foremost to their base, and enough with pandering to swing state voters. You either want someone who isn't going to do a fucking thing about COVID or someone who will get in there and deal with it. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Your language gives away that you aren't even an American r65. Sloppy trolling.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 8:38 PM

I so want the VP debate NOW.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 8:39 PM

Kamala will do great. Especially with white suburban women, who will love how accomplished she is. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless or a Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2020 8:39 PM

45 must have crapped his pants upon hearing the news.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2020 8:39 PM

I can't wait to see what she wears! She looks great and that will impress all the voters!

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2020 8:40 PM

Harris vs closeted and humorless freak white boy Pence - living for it.

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2020 8:40 PM

Well, you'd know clueless, R76.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2020 8:40 PM

I'm fine with this and am ready for November. Go Joe and Kamala... but this also shows that bullies always win. And in politics, that's how you've gotta play it to get ahead.

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2020 8:40 PM

This campaign season is about to get real racist real fast. Trump is jumping for joy. He finally has his boogeyman. The attacks never worked on Biden because everyone knows it was BS. Now though....I am so scared. This was such a horrible choice.

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 8:41 PM

[quote]Bush [sic] Gore as Veep was forgettable, same as Bush Sr.

George HW did as almost as much behind the scenes as Cheney. He was the former CIA Director for goodness sake. October Surpruse was thanks to him. Don’t discount what that bastard did.

Very few people believe Joe’s going to last the entire term; and if he dies it’ll just be the one term. His veep pick actually does matter more than usual.

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2020 8:41 PM

AMAZING CHOICE

LOVE Kamala. She's so pro-gay and very smart. Beautiful and she'll wipe the fucking floor with Pence in the debate

all you misogynistic and racist trolls on DL can go suck Trump's dick.

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2020 8:41 PM

I'm resigned to it. The election is vital to the future of the country. Anyway, it's Joe's presidency not California Barbie's. He's a great and decent man.

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote]Very few people believe Joe’s going to last the entire term

The voices in your head don't count as a real poll.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2020 8:42 PM

Can you imagine continuing to kowtow to voters who thought Donald Trump was "presidential"?

This country is doomed NOT because of Biden's pick, but because enablers and the right think Harris isn't suitable, but that people like Trump, Palin and Bush were.

Enough of the negativity and normalizing the thought-process of racist idiots.

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2020 8:42 PM

She'll make Mike Pence cry - and that will be worth watching that debate!

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2020 8:42 PM

Is Stacey Abrams on CNN saying she was suppressed yet?

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2020 8:43 PM

Yuck. Way to alienate ordinary middle Americans. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2020 8:43 PM

Seriously, could you stop with the sexist emphasis on her looks?

They mean nothing. And I can bet if you said that to her face she'd clock you.

Women don't want to be judged on their looks, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote] Why doesn't anyone here understand that?

No one here understands! Middle America will never vote for a negress! The suburbs will never vote for a negress!

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2020 8:43 PM

The goal is to beat Trump. Trump calling her names won't work so well. Black and women turnout will go up. Karien Jean-Pierre as her Chief of Staff will keep her messaging focused and her staff organized.

by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2020 8:43 PM

So r82, your post implies that the racists would come out if the female VP candidate were black. Isn’t that incredibly racist itself? So the VP candidate can’t be black because of racists?

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2020 8:44 PM

[quote] and if he dies it’ll just be the one term

Sorry, *does not *dies. I swear it was autocorrect!

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2020 8:44 PM

R89: Why would she? Biden didn't offer voting machines with no power chords for three hours to fuck her over the way Kemp did in GA. Sit down and shut up, twat.

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2020 8:44 PM

I’m very excited about this.

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2020 8:45 PM

Not a jab at Harris but Biden messed up not considering qualified men.

Let's recount the winning Presidential candidates with female running mates.

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2020 8:45 PM

R98: What's it like being a bitter old bigot? FUCK. OFF.

by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2020 8:46 PM

Biden needs a BIG minority turn out to win and Kamala can help definitely help with this. Looking forward to the election!

by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2020 8:46 PM

R36: Act Blue or to the Biden campaign?

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2020 8:46 PM

The DNC must be desperate to have more Trump if he picked her.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2020 8:47 PM

She’s a creature of the banks. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2020 8:47 PM

Bakari Sellers is part of the KHive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 11, 2020 8:47 PM

I love seeing replies to racists who don’t show up in my feed - it tells me that I blocked the right people.

by Anonymousreply 105August 11, 2020 8:47 PM

So if you want to consider all qualified candidates you are a bigot?

by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2020 8:47 PM

Yes R94. The only thing we need to do is beat trump. Anything that energises people to get out and vote for him is a bad thing. Sorry, I know it’s wrong to say.

by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2020 8:48 PM

When the opposition goes right, you have to go left. Good pick for Biden!

by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2020 8:48 PM

I bet Maya Rudolph's phone is ringing off the hook right now. She just replaced Alec Baldwin as the main star of SNL for the next 4 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2020 8:48 PM

R102: Joe Biden is a committee? You do know you sound like a total dipshit, right?

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote]Yuck. Way to alienate ordinary middle Americans. Yuck.

But a guy born on third in NYC who has never had to struggle for a paycheck, married three times, adulterer. scammer, moron, ignoramus who never served and isn't patriotic in the least, vile racist and bigot who looks down on "ordinary middle Americans"...doesn't alienate them. Right?

So you're admitting that "ordinary middle Americans" are just trash if they would so easily vote Trump, but not someone who is ACTUALLY qualified to served because of her race and/or gender. Remind me again why we who "live in a bubble" on the coasts should want to have anything to do with such people when they're that loathsome?

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2020 8:50 PM

Katie Porter will get Kamala's senate seat. Bookmark me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2020 8:50 PM

R106: He said in April it was going to be a woman. You are that filthy misogynist troll who DEMANDED that a man must be VP. You continue to DEMAND that he break a campaign promise because YOU hate women. I've spanked you before on this issue and I'm spanking for the final time. FUCK. OFF!

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2020 8:51 PM

Biden just handed the election to the orange turd, just so Harris can have her fifteen minutes...

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2020 8:51 PM

What will be Trump's nickname for Kamala?

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2020 8:51 PM

Schiff will get the Senate seat.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2020 8:51 PM

So many trolls/bots on a mostly gay platform. A troubling sign for the upcoming election for sure. Russia/Chump are hard at work to influence American voters. Beware!

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2020 8:52 PM

R117, please block me.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2020 8:52 PM

Has Trump tweeted yet? Agreed Can't wait to hear his nickname and impressions of her.

by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2020 8:53 PM

I always like Kamala, and I think she was always shooting for the VP slot. She didn't bring anything to the debates, and that's why she flopped so hard. Every answer was basically "Me too." Remember that she was at 15% at one point.

If you've seen Kamala speak, you'll know that she has charisma in spades. She comes across as real and warm, but with a tough edge that will cut right through you. Her appearances on The View were like a bunch of old girlfriends getting together for a chat. Hillary never managed that, always rehearsed to within an inch of her life.

Besides, nobody votes for VP anyway. The only time in recent history is *may* have registered was with Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2020 8:54 PM

OK ladies let's get in formation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2020 8:54 PM

Sally Yates for AG.

by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2020 8:54 PM

Ever since Kennedy/Nixon politics has become very visual. Look at Biden/Harris and Trump/Pence. See the warmth in Biden/Harris eyes and their smiles. See the empty souls in Trump/Pence. We need to heal as a country and Biden/Harris are the perfect people to lead the healing.

by Anonymousreply 123August 11, 2020 8:54 PM

How loud will the “not Black enough” muttering be? Like Obama, one Black parent, not part of the African-American experience, but an immigrant. Unlike, Obama, married to non-Black (Jewish)

by Anonymousreply 124August 11, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote] I so want the VP debate NOW.

[quote] I bet Maya Rudolph's phone is ringing off the hook right now. She just replaced Alec Baldwin as the main star of SNL for the next 4 years

Kamala Harris and Mike Pence are scheduled to appear at the Vice Presidential Debate at 9 PM EST on Wednesday, October 7

Also great news for Mia Love, the Jamaican, Mormon Anchor Baby former Rep from Utah since they are going to need someone for Mikey's debate prep!

by Anonymousreply 125August 11, 2020 8:54 PM

Adam Schiff may get appointed to fill out the rest of Kamala's senate term, but Katie Porter will beat him in a Democratic primary.

by Anonymousreply 126August 11, 2020 8:55 PM

And any money that Trump won't touch Kamala with a 10 foot pole. Just like Nancy Pelosi, who he calls Nancy. Some women absolutely terrify him.

by Anonymousreply 127August 11, 2020 8:55 PM

For all the "troll, block it!" posters: Why would trolls trying to "influence the election" waste time on DL? I don't think there is anyone here who would vote for Trump for any reason, and certainly not because Biden picked Harris as his running mate. Maybe there is some idiot trying to stir people up on here for fun, but there is nothing anyone could post here that would trigger anyone to vote for Trump. Please.

by Anonymousreply 128August 11, 2020 8:55 PM

R117 I'm sure the Russians are busy with the Malia Hanna drama on here and don't have time to waste on the election threads.

by Anonymousreply 129August 11, 2020 8:56 PM

Absolutely the right choice.

I can't wait for the VP debate. As if that's going to happen now.

by Anonymousreply 130August 11, 2020 8:56 PM

Adam Schiff will be Attorney General.

by Anonymousreply 131August 11, 2020 8:56 PM

R113 is angrier than Kamala Harris. And that's saying a lot!

[quote] So if you want to consider all qualified candidates you are a bigot?

We have a winner at R106. You asked the right question.

Which is why R99 is so enraged! You must not speak the truth here, or you will be shouted down, and accused, and berated.

This is the culture on Datalounge now.

This is the kind of culture that Kamala Harris would bring to politics. "I'm right, you're wrong, and if you disagree then you're a racist, a bigot, a misogynist" and blah blah blah.

We're going to have to just tip toe around any problems with Harris, or the crazed, frothing-at-the-mouth nutjobs will come at you with torches and machetes.

I'm telling you, they did the same thing in 2016. And look what happened.

They just never learn.

by Anonymousreply 132August 11, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]Besides, nobody votes for VP anyway.

This. Veeps don't effect Presidential elections in a meaningful way.

by Anonymousreply 133August 11, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]But a guy born on third in NYC who has never had to struggle for a paycheck, married three times, adulterer. scammer, moron, ignoramus who never served and isn't patriotic in the least, vile racist and bigot who looks down on "ordinary middle Americans"...doesn't alienate them. Right?

The sad reality is that it doesn't. Just like last time.

Fortunately, Kamala can energize the democratic base and energize independents into voting for the ticket.

[quote]This. Veeps don't effect Presidential elections in a meaningful way.

Usually, but this time is different. Biden really needed the boost.

by Anonymousreply 134August 11, 2020 8:58 PM

The FOX News reporter accidentally pulled up the Trump parody account on Twitter. She got all flustered and tongue-tied when she realized what she was reading- oops. LOL!

Cheeto is going to give a press conference later today.

by Anonymousreply 135August 11, 2020 8:58 PM

If Biden wins, she will absolutely be the Presidential candidate in 4 years. Anyone think she could win?

by Anonymousreply 136August 11, 2020 8:58 PM

Good luck guys.

Ever since Warren read Wells Fargo to filth for fraudulently opening up accounts in their customers names, I had a soft spot for her. Would have possibly voted for Biden if she was on the ticket. I always liked her. She didn’t put up with Wall Street crooks and called them out when no one else would.

by Anonymousreply 137August 11, 2020 9:00 PM

Now this is interesting. She's not a safe, inoffensive choice like Kaine was. It's a gamble, but I have a feeling it'll pay off. Would love to see Trump and Pence defeated by a ticket with a black woman on it!

by Anonymousreply 138August 11, 2020 9:01 PM

Are we predicting the results of hypothetical future elections against completely unknown opponents r136?

Sheesh, take a breather.

by Anonymousreply 139August 11, 2020 9:01 PM

Covid what? This thread is blowing up!

by Anonymousreply 140August 11, 2020 9:01 PM

Biden is in trouble. Everyone in Chicago, even blacks are pissed as hell at the looting. It is shutting the city down stranding them.

If Trump plays the "cities aren't safe" card (which Chicago isn't) Biden is toast.

by Anonymousreply 141August 11, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote] And any money that Trump won't touch Kamala with a 10 foot pole. Just like Nancy Pelosi, who he calls Nancy. Some women absolutely terrify him

Phony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 11, 2020 9:02 PM

So if he wins then that non liberal bitch gets to run for president again? Great, we lose no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 143August 11, 2020 9:02 PM

I’ve always liked her.

She was my dream party ticket, along with Beto.

by Anonymousreply 144August 11, 2020 9:03 PM

[quote]So if you want to consider all qualified candidates you are a bigot?

That's not the problem. The problem is validating voters who ARE bigots and racists who could so easily support Trump AGAIN. A man who only yesterday said WW2 was in 1917 representing a party that will destroy SS among other things if reelected. We have a genuinely stupid, evil, racist, incompetent clown who was elected as president. To just automatically normalize anyone who could vote for him again based on Biden's choice of an obviously qualified, competent senator because she is black and or female, is enabling prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 145August 11, 2020 9:03 PM

Tim Kaine was a horrible choice for Hillary Clinton. I was so disappointed when that was announced.

I love Kamala though...

by Anonymousreply 146August 11, 2020 9:03 PM

The perfect choice, and the right choice. Lots of excitement here with my friends. It's a winning ticket!

by Anonymousreply 147August 11, 2020 9:03 PM

and/or*

by Anonymousreply 148August 11, 2020 9:03 PM

Thank God — the other choices were piss poor. She’s Center Left enough for the masses (the others weren’t) but she’s a black woman so she SHOULDNT alienate the progressives unless they’re totally psychotic. she’s also experienced and was District Attorney which is important now that the Republicans are trying to lump all Dems in with DeBlasio in terms of not giving a f about crime. And like someone said above, she’ll hand it to Pence without even knowing it.

And, perhaps most important on DL, she’s charismatic and good looking.

by Anonymousreply 149August 11, 2020 9:04 PM

She’s more than capable of becoming POTUS, although as a long time San Franciscan I have issues with her during her stint as DA. But there was never going to be a perfect candidate and I actually would prefer that she’d be at top of the ticket instead of senile Biden. Just get Trump out, that’s the main thing now.

My Bernie or bust friend just texted me and said he will again vote for Trump as protest vote against Dems and not liberal enough Biden and now Harris.

by Anonymousreply 150August 11, 2020 9:04 PM

I can just see Bubba and Karen and even old Mrs. McGillicutty shuffling to the voting booth to vote for this ticket.

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2020 9:05 PM

"My Bernie or bust friend just texted me and said he will again vote for Trump as protest vote against Dems and not liberal enough Biden and now Harris."

That is a friend I would drop SO FAST. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2020 9:05 PM

LMAO, Trump will be back in office in January.

Congratulations to Hillary 2!

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2020 9:05 PM

Quick!!! Halt the presses!!!! This is the first male/female president/vice-president candidacy since 1984. Truly earth shattering news.

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2020 9:05 PM

Dump your idiot friend, R150.

by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2020 9:06 PM

Remember when Kamala tried to claim that Joe Biden was a racist?

Good times.

Looks like her bullying tactics worked, to get her the position she demanded and felt that she was entitled to.

Well played.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 11, 2020 9:06 PM

It's the 1 troll with 20 accounts, just doing her job.

She's a fine choice, any reasonable person can see it.

by Anonymousreply 157August 11, 2020 9:06 PM

The Trump campaign statement on Harris.

It is all over the place with trying to attack her. I guess that's a good sign they don't have a clear message yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 11, 2020 9:06 PM

I'm not sure I understand you, R141. Looting is happening NOW under Trump. If citizens aren't safe, it's on him.

by Anonymousreply 159August 11, 2020 9:07 PM

They sound scared.

by Anonymousreply 160August 11, 2020 9:07 PM

Here's what the Fox reporter read on air, thinking it was from Trump's official account. Some intern is 🎶"about to lose their job."🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 11, 2020 9:08 PM

Shh, you aren't supposed to point out the obvious flaw in the trolls logic r159.

"Look at what is happening in Trump's America, isn't that Joe Biden's fault?!"

by Anonymousreply 162August 11, 2020 9:08 PM

Harris has been a major force for the Dems during these Trump years. She’s the strongest Senator IMO and I love watching her rip the crooked GOP to shreds.

She was the best choice during these times for the Democrat party.

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2020 9:10 PM

R150: Your "friend" doesn't exist. Nice try, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 164August 11, 2020 9:10 PM

*Democratic Party

by Anonymousreply 165August 11, 2020 9:10 PM

Apparently, this was the choice Dump feared the most. THAT should tell you something.

And to the poor hand-wringing Mary who said white women in the suburbs would NEVER vote for an "angry black woman"--hey asshole! Do you know how many black women are out there, angry and ready to vote FOR Biden and Harris, huh, you dumb cunt?

by Anonymousreply 166August 11, 2020 9:11 PM

Are Gen Z and Millennials going to support someone who was a former prosecutor though?

by Anonymousreply 167August 11, 2020 9:11 PM

Told ya.

by Anonymousreply 168August 11, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote] It's all about HER....have never felt she really gives a damn about regular folks.

*Sigh*...and it begins. "Hillary is just not likeable enough for me". Fucking concern trolls...

by Anonymousreply 169August 11, 2020 9:11 PM

The hardcore Bernie Sanders crowd is silent.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 170August 11, 2020 9:12 PM

I think she’s fine as a pick for vice president. I would never think to vote for her for president but she’s smart and accomplished. Unless Joe gets elected and dies in office what happens in future elections is still very much up for grabs. Former vice president’s don’t seem to be very successful as president.

I’m hoping to see Susan Rice’s secretary of state. Some of the other democratic components are worthy of cabinet positions. We need people like Elizabeth and Bernie to help with the direction in Congress.

Regardless of this announcement by future vote has not changed. It’s time to save our country from the morons who don’t understand and those who would steal like oligarchs everything they can.

by Anonymousreply 171August 11, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] Quick!!! Halt the presses!!!! This is the first male/female president/vice-president candidacy since 1984. Truly earth shattering news.

McCain/Palin in 2008. Look it up, dumbbell.

[quote] although as a long time San Franciscan I have issues with her during her stint as DA. But there was never going to be a perfect candidate

Well that's certainly a ringing endorsement.

[quote] I can just see Bubba and Karen and even old Mrs. McGillicutty shuffling to the voting booth to vote for this ticket.

R151 gets it.

Bubba, Karen, and Mrs. McGillicutty are on the fence about Trump, and they lost confidence in him.

They needed that little nudge from Biden to say, "I get where you're coming from." Tim Ryan, Conor Lamb, Liz Warren, or Gretchen Whitmer would have been that little nudge.

Bubba, Karen, and Mrs. McGillicutty would have mailed in their ballots for Biden/Ryan, Biden/Lamb, Biden/Warren, or Biden/Whitmer.

They won't do it for Biden/Harris.

Particularly in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, and yes... even Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 172August 11, 2020 9:13 PM

If only HW Bush hadn't picked that empty-handed Dan Quayle as his running mate, he'd have wo... oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 173August 11, 2020 9:13 PM

R132

Crazed, frothing-at-the-mouth nut jobs?

You mean those assholes who brought their automatic weapons to the Michigan state house over a mask mandate and stay home orders or those polo-wearing Nazis in Charlottesville?

by Anonymousreply 174August 11, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote]Apparently, this was the choice Dump feared the most.

Like Biden, Kamala is hard from them to decide on a clear line of attack. Since she ran for President people have some idea of who she is. And what is their line of attack? It's hard to paint her as a "dangerous crazy liberal" when she was a prosecutor for most of her career.

by Anonymousreply 175August 11, 2020 9:14 PM

Spoke too soon.

Bernie Sanders former press secretary, Briahna Joy Grey is pissed.

[quote]We are in the midst of the largest protest movement in American history, the subject of which is excessive policing, and the Democratic Party chose a “top cop” and the author of the Joe Biden crime bill to save us from Trump. The contempt for the base is, wow.

Can't these assholes just once be happy with the democratic party?

by Anonymousreply 176August 11, 2020 9:15 PM

I can’t wait to hear who the cabinet will be to rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 177August 11, 2020 9:15 PM

She locked up black kids and their mamas who didn't to go school!

She dissed Sleep Joe to his face and lied about it!

She slept hr way to the tp!

by Anonymousreply 178August 11, 2020 9:15 PM

Should've been Pete. But Biden really had no choice under the pressure. Let's try and show support anyway.

by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2020 9:15 PM

Harris - VP

Yates - AG

Rice - State

Pete - Chief of Staff or UN Ambassador

Beto - Secretary of the Interior

by Anonymousreply 180August 11, 2020 9:16 PM

[quote] It's all about HER....have never felt she really gives a damn about regular folks.

[quote] *Sigh*...and it begins. "Hillary is just not likeable enough for me". Fucking concern trolls...

Yes, by all means just dismiss peoples' legitimate concerns.

Because, you know, that worked so well in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 181August 11, 2020 9:16 PM

The Kamamala Krew

Her husband would not be one of those DLers who claim to be "55 but people always think I'm 45"

I can see DLs Spacey Squad squeeing about her stepson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 11, 2020 9:17 PM

After all of the vetting, Biden picked her for a reason. He believes that she can help him win the election. For sure, the debates with Chump will be the key but she can help as well. Still affraid of the Russians however. They have taken political meddling to a new level. Hopefully China can help to counter-balance this. Biden needs to speak favourably about China in the coming months. We need all the help that we can get. A dirty win is better than no win at all.

by Anonymousreply 183August 11, 2020 9:17 PM

For the first time in many years, people will care deeply about who the VP will be.

Biden's old and everyone needs to be sure the VP is ready to take on any presidential duties.

Kamala leaves no doubt--smart and no one's fool. She's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 184August 11, 2020 9:17 PM

It's not a legit concern, R181. It's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 185August 11, 2020 9:17 PM

"Are Gen Z and Millennials going to support someone who was a former prosecutor though?"

Gen Z and Millennials arent supporting ANYONE. They don't vote. Piss, moan, protest and harangue? Sure. But they definitely don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 186August 11, 2020 9:17 PM

R24 she and her Annoying sister are married to very wealthy powerful men, and clearly used them to climb to the top. I’m voting for her bc she’s light years better than trump, K is a world class gunner and looks are irrelevant

by Anonymousreply 187August 11, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote] She locked up black kids and their mamas who didn't to go school!

Just like all the white prosecutors who run for office.

by Anonymousreply 188August 11, 2020 9:18 PM

[quote] After all of the vetting, Biden picked her for a reason. He believes that she can help him win the election.

The insights one gleans from reading Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 189August 11, 2020 9:19 PM

I think Beto would work well for the Veterans.

by Anonymousreply 190August 11, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote] Her husband is ugly as fuck!

you're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 191August 11, 2020 9:19 PM

She's not a real African-American! Her ancestors didn't experience Slavery in America!!

by Anonymousreply 192August 11, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote] She slept hr way to the tp!

This one.

Trump is going to be all over this one, because you know how much he loves salacious trash talk.

Picture the tabloid headlines of Kamala with SAN FRANCISCO's liberal black Mayor Willie Brown.

"Kamala Slept Her Way to the Top!" Photo of Willie with a sly grin on his face and Kamala next to him.

This is how Trump works. This is how tabloids work.

And this will play in the South and in the Midwest. Watch and learn, Dataloungers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 11, 2020 9:19 PM

Her husband is HOT.

by Anonymousreply 194August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

R176 no they can’t. “Center/left” just ain’t good enough for them.

by Anonymousreply 195August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

Give it up R172. You've been outed several times on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 196August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

It is a dangerous precedent for a group of people to demand the presidential nominee pick a certain race for his VP. People would think we were absurd if we demanded his pick a gay or lesbian running mate.

by Anonymousreply 197August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

The moralists will pull out the old "OMG, she slept her way to the top!" BS out their asses, as if that's not how Jared got to be "presidential adviser".

by Anonymousreply 198August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote]Kamala isn't even the best black woman.

Of course she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 199August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

LOL R187

1. Kamala was already Attorney General when she met her current husband

2. He's a BigLaw partner who works on copyright cases (Taco Bell versus their ad agency). He's no power broker

by Anonymousreply 200August 11, 2020 9:20 PM

I’m British and have never even heard of her before. Can someone tell me why people here are disappointed it’s her?

by Anonymousreply 201August 11, 2020 9:22 PM

Pete can’t be Chief of Staff. He doesn’t know Washington.

by Anonymousreply 202August 11, 2020 9:22 PM

Seriously r200. At least look at her Wikipedia page if you are going to troll.

Kamala got married late in life. She was already a very powerful figure at the time she met her husband.

by Anonymousreply 203August 11, 2020 9:22 PM

If we have a GLBT person murdered in 2024, can my dreamboat Pete be on the ticket?

by Anonymousreply 204August 11, 2020 9:23 PM

Back off, R194!

He's my Back-up Boo

by Anonymousreply 205August 11, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote]I’m British and have never even heard of her before. Can someone tell me why people here are disappointed it’s her?

She is a woman. She is (half) black.

by Anonymousreply 206August 11, 2020 9:23 PM

Anyone else think Dump will dump Pence for Nikki Haley now?

by Anonymousreply 207August 11, 2020 9:23 PM

R207 Pence helped him get elected. Dump’s base are talibangicals. It was a very strategic move picking that old queen.

by Anonymousreply 208August 11, 2020 9:25 PM

Yup, r207. He’ll think it’s a brilliant strategic move.

by Anonymousreply 209August 11, 2020 9:25 PM

I said Trump would dump Pence and pick a woman R207 the other day.

by Anonymousreply 210August 11, 2020 9:26 PM

"McCain/Palin in 2008. Look it up, dumbbell."

You don't even have to go back that far, moron. What are we, chopped liver?

Boy, nothin' gets by the genius @R172.

by Anonymousreply 211August 11, 2020 9:29 PM

Bernie bros are pissed!! Lmao

by Anonymousreply 212August 11, 2020 9:30 PM

Ivanka tRump was a past donor to Kamala Harris campaigns! Reported on MSNBC - apparently there were other tRumps as well, but missed which ones.

by Anonymousreply 213August 11, 2020 9:30 PM

Two things I kinda find fascinating with all of the doomsday wailing about how she won't play in the suburbs are how neither the administration nor Datalounge seems to actually understand who lives in the suburbs. It's not exclusively the enclave of white flight from the 1950s anymore.

Joe covers the white, working class older voters who didn't feel comfortable with Hillary.

But nobody on this thread has mentioned the other group of people who are THRILLED with this choice: the Asian community.

by Anonymousreply 214August 11, 2020 9:31 PM

Biden is going to win now. With Kamala it's a sweep because of her appeal to independents and white liberals. Still would have preferred Tammy Duckworth, but her Senate seat was not as secure I assume.

by Anonymousreply 215August 11, 2020 9:32 PM

Tom_Winter's avatar Tom Winter @Tom_Winter

NBC News: According to California state records, President Trump -- while a private citizen -- twice donated to Kamala Harris while she was a candidate for state AG.

A total of $6,000 in 2011 and 2013 combined.

Image:

by Anonymousreply 216August 11, 2020 9:32 PM

Do people think they picked her without doing months of extensive polling? They didn’t just pick her name out of a hat. They know how she polls and where she polls well. Come on. And the VP pick never amounts to any sizeable change unless it’s a real retard like Palin. But even then, McCain had already lost.

by Anonymousreply 217August 11, 2020 9:32 PM

R216 here. It was both pResident tRump and Ivanka tRump who donated to her campaign for AG in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 11, 2020 9:35 PM

Two-term President Barack Obama would like a word with the people who bizarrely think suburban voters are going to freak out over a black person on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 219August 11, 2020 9:35 PM

Oh this is the main thread lol

In another one I posted I’m glad because she was my initial choice for pres. My political brain is saying someone more conservative than K would have helped more in the swings, but at least she’s not an ultra-lib like Warren, who would have been poison in the swing states.

And the first SW Asian candidate ever! Another wall broken.

by Anonymousreply 220August 11, 2020 9:35 PM

Obviously, this is not a normal election year due to the pandemic. Harris will help to attack the administration for their poor handling of the crisis. A good choice in these circumstances

by Anonymousreply 221August 11, 2020 9:35 PM

At least she isn’t a geriatric. That makes me happy. Maybe they can spend time grooming younger candidates now.

by Anonymousreply 222August 11, 2020 9:36 PM

Forrest Trump donated to her campaign some years ago. So did Ivanka.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 11, 2020 9:40 PM

Kamala is a major LGBTQ ally

by Anonymousreply 224August 11, 2020 9:42 PM

She also co-sponsored Bernie’s Medicare for All Bill, which will win her progressive votes

by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2020 9:43 PM

The “she slept her way to the top” crap just demeans women.

She proved herself every step of the way

by Anonymousreply 226August 11, 2020 9:45 PM

Trumps gonna have a hard time painting Kamala as supportive of the protestors. She was a tough attorney general.

by Anonymousreply 227August 11, 2020 9:46 PM

Absolutely the right choice. Now a National Unity Coalition of the center to progressives to the left to beat fascism and restore dignity to the White House!!!

ALL TOGETHER TO PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION!!!

And now, Senator Katie Porter from California....

by Anonymousreply 228August 11, 2020 9:47 PM

Miss Lindsey weighs-in. You just know she would tweet quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 11, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote] Senator Harris’ networks are 💪🏽. Not just AKA, but ALL black sororities and fraternities. Not just Howard, but ALL HBCUs. Not just The Links, but ALL Black service and charity organizations. And they ALL have email lists and organizational infrastructures already established.

[quote] Corey Richardson@vexedinthecity: This is my point about how Black institutions are going to respond to Harris vs. Obama. Black folks admired and respected Obama, but he wasn't "in" the networks that Harris is and so it's gonna be something to see how they go to work for one of "theirs" on the ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 11, 2020 9:49 PM

R137 So you’re not going to vote for Biden because he didn’t choose Warren? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 231August 11, 2020 9:55 PM

The red dot 🔴 Indians will flock to her. Very tribal people.

by Anonymousreply 232August 11, 2020 9:57 PM

Yay! I love her.

by Anonymousreply 233August 11, 2020 9:57 PM

Did Chuck Todd just say "POT-pourri" when tossing a question to Garrett Haake?

by Anonymousreply 234August 11, 2020 10:02 PM

R172, among many other posts here, is YourMillennialCunt, and he is SEETHING that Kamala is the VP! LOL!

He's pouring all of his Hillary hatred into turning others here against Kamala!

by Anonymousreply 235August 11, 2020 10:04 PM

AND... we may get Maya Rudolph doing Kamala on SNL maybe for the next 12 years!!! That's worth it, right there.

by Anonymousreply 236August 11, 2020 10:10 PM

Cory booking is QUEENING OUT on msnbc right now. Just said Kamala is his “sistah”

by Anonymousreply 237August 11, 2020 10:14 PM

*booker

by Anonymousreply 238August 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Kamala

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 11, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]Let's recount the winning Presidential candidates with female running mates.

Mondale/Ferraro were running against a very popular incumbent President. And McCain/Palin were running against Obama/Biden.

Biden/Harris are now running against an orange, failed reality TV show host pretending to be a President.

by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2020 10:20 PM

I love that pic @ R239!

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote]AND... we may get Maya Rudolph doing Kamala on SNL maybe for the next 12 years!!! That's worth it, right there.

Maybe just one election at a time. Let's start with President Joe Biden. He's the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote]She locked up black kids and their mamas who didn't to go school!

Good. Don't have kids if you can't be responsible enough to send them to taxpayer-funded school.

by Anonymousreply 243August 11, 2020 10:38 PM

Kamala, now that she is the running mate, will electrify audiences. History, baby; history.

She will not let Pence the Priss get away with lies and obfuscation re: the Trump/Pence record. She'll turn to Mikey and ask, "Why are there still children in cages, Sir?"

by Anonymousreply 244August 11, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote] Hey @DouglasEmhoff. Are you ready?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 11, 2020 10:42 PM

I think it is a disgraceful Dr. Jill Biden didn't name Kamala personally. What side eye. Kamala could teach Dr. Biden about looking great!

by Anonymousreply 246August 11, 2020 10:50 PM

Is she colored ?

by Anonymousreply 247August 11, 2020 10:53 PM

These responses show that the USA really needs to evolve and needs s complete energy reset. Trump is scared enough to have a press conference attacking her. She's a player she'll be fine. Plus the Obamas are about to bring it.

by Anonymousreply 248August 11, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]Ivanka tRump was a past donor to Kamala Harris campaigns! Reported on MSNBC - apparently there were other tRumps as well, but missed which ones.

Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 249August 11, 2020 10:55 PM

Less we forget....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 11, 2020 10:57 PM

[quote]NBC News: According to California state records, President Trump -- while a private citizen -- twice donated to Kamala Harris while she was a candidate for state AG. A total of $6,000 in 2011 and 2013 combined.

HAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 251August 11, 2020 10:57 PM

I’ve met Jill Biden R245 and she is quite lovely.

Her tweet was nothing more than the partners showing their support and willingness to dig in and get it done.

by Anonymousreply 252August 11, 2020 10:58 PM

They anticipated Kamala. The ad for "Slow Joe" & "Phony Kamala" is out already:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253August 11, 2020 10:59 PM

Love it! I am now more optimistic! I can't wait till she mops the floor with Pence.

by Anonymousreply 254August 11, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote]Two-term President Barack Obama would like a word with the people who bizarrely think suburban voters are going to freak out over a black person on the ticket.

Exactly. Many of the Trump voters in 2016 had previously voted for Obama. These people don't like Trump...the problem was Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 255August 11, 2020 11:00 PM

My post was directed to R246.

Sorry R245.

by Anonymousreply 256August 11, 2020 11:00 PM

I think she’s tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 257August 11, 2020 11:01 PM

I don't care, R246. Dr. Jill was being disrespectful. This ticket is Harris Biden, whether they want to admit it or not!

by Anonymousreply 258August 11, 2020 11:03 PM

Lots of excitement and energy generated by this choice.

by Anonymousreply 259August 11, 2020 11:08 PM

Well, here and Twitter, anyway. If you're fretting about your lost job or dying of COVID, maybe it's not quite the messiah moment DL is having. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 260August 11, 2020 11:10 PM

she looks caucasian to me?

by Anonymousreply 261August 11, 2020 11:11 PM

I’m not on Twitter, r260. I’ve been watching MSNBC and CNN, and that’s what I’ve been taking from their reporting.

by Anonymousreply 262August 11, 2020 11:12 PM

It's a Wednesday in August, R262. You thought maybe they'd shrug?

by Anonymousreply 263August 11, 2020 11:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 11, 2020 11:35 PM

So this Angela Rye person is on CNN crowing that Biden picking Harris shows that he wants to “atone” for his past sins against Black people.

He’s their bitch now.

by Anonymousreply 265August 12, 2020 12:30 AM

Old People Watch A Lot Of Cable TV News.

Even Old Gay People

by Anonymousreply 266August 12, 2020 12:32 AM

Kamala Harris has been the clear choice for a while, but I understand why Biden took his time to vet others and hold his finger to the political winds.

* Trump seems to be going with a "phony Kamala" attack. That's too vague for most swing voters. Once Harris relaxes--which she now can--she comes across as smart, genuine and surprisingly funny (I've met her.) She'll be able to call out the misogyny behind attacks on her ambition.

* She'll decimate Trump's poodle in their debate. Of the four candidates, she can talk circles around Trump and Pence, and shore up Biden with her acuity.

* Biden-Harris will get 95% of Black/progressive votes, including voters who would have preferred others in either slot. The stakes are too life-and-death to sulk.

* Her record as SF DA and CA AG isn't glaring enough to damage Biden, and her law enforcement background will definitely deflect Trump's attacks and help win suburbanites/wafflers.

* Harris looks fantastic. She's got style. She's old enough to have gravitas and young enough to be tireless. Seriously, don't underestimate the power of a put-together woman in today's image conscious universe.

by Anonymousreply 267August 12, 2020 12:32 AM

Anyone who thinks KAMALA HARRIS will suddenly scare away suburban women who are screaming they’re fed up with our vulgar predator-in-chief is dumb as fucking rocks.

by Anonymousreply 268August 12, 2020 12:37 AM

Some major Bernie Bros are having a meltdown on Twitter. And other like Michael Moore, have just completely ignored the announcement.

But yeah, the Bernie or busters are already starting up with the "Wall Street picked her" meme.

by Anonymousreply 269August 12, 2020 12:38 AM

R231 Correct. I would vote for warren because I like her based on what she’s done in the past.

I don’t intend to vote for Biden, but like I stated if warren had been on the ticket I would have pulled the trigger solely because she was on the ticket - that has nothing to do with Biden. When it comes To Biden, his VP will be running the country.

I’m one of the few (who will admit it on an anonymous forum) here on DL voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 270August 12, 2020 12:39 AM

[quote] @KamalaHarris believes in and will fight for the LGBTQ+ community. Mike Pence does not. I’m ready for this debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271August 12, 2020 12:41 AM

Christ, a meltdown was going to happen no matter who he picked.

I don't think Harris would be my first choice, but I don't care. Trump is an EXISTENTIAL THREAT -- whether due to his conscious vices, or unconscious idiocy.

And I do know Harris is tough and bright, I've seen the play backs from her congressional committee questioning.

by Anonymousreply 272August 12, 2020 12:42 AM

You are either a troll or an idiot r270.

by Anonymousreply 273August 12, 2020 12:42 AM

I don't think Trump will dump Pence but I am wondering if the selection of Harris has Trump at least thinking about dumping Pence and picking Chris Christie who would be able to debate Harris much better than Pence. Supposedly Trump wanted Christie in 2016 but Jared convinced Trump to select Pence instead.

by Anonymousreply 274August 12, 2020 12:47 AM

I would have been supportive of whomever Joe selected, but he chose Kamala Harris and I'm relieved and over the moon. Now the hard work starts: Getting Biden/Harris elected at the 46th President and Vice President and truly make America great, healthy and compassionate again.

I like his slogan - Battle for the Soul of the Nation

Truer campaign words have never been spoken.

by Anonymousreply 275August 12, 2020 12:48 AM

I was a naysayer but watching the coverage and how happy the black women are, I’m happy with the selection.

by Anonymousreply 276August 12, 2020 12:50 AM

Yeah, but Sanders has endorsed Biden and he congratulated and supports Harris. Shit, he's worked on bills with Kamala Harris, so where the fuck are they getting that she's a "Wall Street" candidate?

Sanders supporters lick his crusty asshole when it comes to everything EXCEPT when he endorses a candidate. Then none of them can bring themselves to do that.. And Michael Moore, who's always going around spouting how the democrats are doomed, well fucking stand behind them for once, you beached whale. Support Harris on her historic nomination.

Why are they so intent on giving Republicans ammo to try and bring Biden and them down?

by Anonymousreply 277August 12, 2020 12:50 AM

The BEST thing about all this is we could have our FIRST 2nd GENTLEMAN in HISTORY!

Kamala's married people, and he's Jewish as well.

by Anonymousreply 278August 12, 2020 12:52 AM

[Quote] The red dot 🔴 Indians will flock to her. Very tribal people.

Like white people flocked to Trump

by Anonymousreply 279August 12, 2020 1:01 AM

[Quote] Shit, he's worked on bills with Kamala Harris, so where the fuck are they getting that she's a "Wall Street" candidate?

Harris cosponsored Sanders’ Medicare for All Bill

by Anonymousreply 281August 12, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote]Why are they so intent on giving Republicans ammo to try and bring Biden and them down?

They are just as brainwashed as the QAnon/Dump cultists.

by Anonymousreply 282August 12, 2020 1:03 AM

[Quote] I don’t intend to vote for Biden, but like I stated if warren had been on the ticket I would have pulled the trigger solely because she was on the ticket - that has nothing to do with Biden. When it comes To Biden, his VP will be running the country. I’m one of the few (who will admit it on an anonymous forum) here on DL voting for Trump.

Kamala supports much of the same stuff Warren does. Look at the Senate bills she’s co-sponsored.

It’s just odd that you support Warren AND Trump.

by Anonymousreply 283August 12, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote] It’s just odd that you support Warren AND Trump.

R283, right? How very odd and curious.

by Anonymousreply 284August 12, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote]You are either a troll or an idiot R270.

Most likely both.

by Anonymousreply 285August 12, 2020 1:07 AM

R219, Obama was at least the right gender to Deeplorables. They may have had a little trouble getting to sleep at night voting for a black man, but at least he was a man.

by Anonymousreply 286August 12, 2020 1:07 AM

Yes, R30. No threat to Joe's big money buds, good looking and very grateful.

by Anonymousreply 287August 12, 2020 1:08 AM

Anyone who claims to be a Bernie bro who will now vote for Trump should sign up for the next Zoom open-mic night at your local comedy club. And find better material before showtime.

by Anonymousreply 288August 12, 2020 1:08 AM

Oh FFS, here comes the racism and the other crazy. Kamala is black, and she’s Asian but more importantly she’s American and she’s smart and capable. Let’s not make this election about old racist mess. She wasn’t my first choice, but she was Joe’s choice and I’m totally on board. Either you’re on board and you’re voting for Biden or you are a deplorable who wants a Nazi to run the country further into the ground. Those are the options. What side are you gonna stand on?

by Anonymousreply 289August 12, 2020 1:10 AM

Lotsa racism and sexism on this thread.

Kamala brings out the crazies. LOL

by Anonymousreply 290August 12, 2020 1:14 AM

Has Tulsi and her skunk stripe commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 291August 12, 2020 1:15 AM

Fuck off, R280. You might as well be voting for Trump, asshole.

I am ecstatic. I loved the way Harris went after Barr and made Sessions nervous. She's a fighter and she's fearless, she's intelligent and sharp and won't take bullshit. She will cream Pence. She's no Tim Kaine who seemed like a nonentity.

by Anonymousreply 292August 12, 2020 1:15 AM

r289, exactly, those are the stakes. Period.

by Anonymousreply 293August 12, 2020 1:16 AM

What a shock! r280 would have been fine voting for BIden if he had picked one of the two WHITE women in contention, but says no way to a black woman being picked.

You're a racist r280.

by Anonymousreply 294August 12, 2020 1:17 AM

Stop with the angry black woman trope. She’s smart, she’s relatively moderate (no one believes she’ll defund the police), she has executive and legislative experience. She’s personable and well-liked in the Senate and she worked with Biden’s son Beau.

Primaries get ugly but both Biden and Harris know how politics work. I’m sure Biden has consulted Jill, the Obamas and Pelosi and is certain Harris is loyal and he can work with her.

She may not have been people’s first choice but she’s the right age, a woman of color and a child of immigrants.

Did you see her question Rethugs as part of the Judiciary Committee? She’s good.

by Anonymousreply 295August 12, 2020 1:21 AM

I wonder how much money she's getting for this campaign gig....

by Anonymousreply 296August 12, 2020 1:24 AM

r295, When I first heard this news today on the radio it was described as the THE BIDENS are happy about this choice. Which leads me to believe that Jill Biden was already on board this pick or it might not have ever happened in the first place. Biden clearly holds his wife's opinion in the highest regard when it comes to important decisions like this.

And the "angry black woman" trope is nothing but racist.

by Anonymousreply 297August 12, 2020 1:25 AM

This is such a bummer for me, because I really love Joe Biden.

I supported him way back in 2008. Not Clinton. Not Obama. BIDEN.

I always thought he was the best person for the job.

And now he goes and makes a dumb shit decision like this.

by Anonymousreply 298August 12, 2020 1:27 AM

This is a bitter pill for me, I do not like this woman but having said that. . .

[quote]In 2008, California voters passed Prop 8, a California ballot proposition and state constitutional amendment providing that "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California". Legal challenges to Prop 8 were presented by opponents soon after its approval, and a pair of same-sex couples filed a lawsuit against the initiative in federal court in the case of Perry v. Schwarzenegger (later Hollingsworth v. Perry). In August 2010, Chief Judge Vaughn Walker ruled that the amendment was unconstitutional under both the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment, since it purported to re-remove rights from a disfavored class only, with no rational basis. The official proponents' justifications for the measure were analyzed in over fifty pages covering eighty findings of fact. The state government supported the ruling and refused to defend the law. In their 2010 campaigns, California attorney general Jerry Brown and Harris both ran on platforms promising not to defend the proposition.[114] After being elected, Harris declared her office would not defend the marriage ban, leaving the task to Prop 8's proponents.

[quote]On February 7, 2012, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, in a 2–1 decision, reached the same conclusion as the district court, but on narrower grounds. The court ruled that it was unconstitutional for California to grant marriage rights to same-sex couples, only to take them away shortly after. The ruling was stayed pending appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. The Supreme Court of the United States granted certiorari that December, ordering the parties to brief and argue the additional question of whether supporters of Prop. 8 have standing, i.e., a legal right to be involved in the case, under Article III, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution. On February 27, 2013, Harris filed an amicus curiae brief, arguing that Prop 8 was unconstitutional and that the initiative's sponsors did not have legal standing to represent California's interests by defending the law in federal court.

[quote]On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court, in a 5–4 decision, ruled that the proponents did not possess legal standing in their own right to defend Prop 8 in federal court, either to the Supreme Court or (previously) to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Therefore, the Court vacated the decision of the Ninth Circuit, and remanded the case for further proceedings. The decision left the district court's 2010 ruling intact. The next day, Harris, in a speech delivered in downtown Los Angeles, declared that all 58 counties in California must abide by Judge Walker's 2010 ruling that declared Prop 8 unconstitutional, urging the Ninth Circuit to lift the stay on same-sex marriages as soon as possible – even before the usual 25-day waiting period until the Supreme Court clerk notified the lower court of its judgement. On June 28, 2013, the Ninth Circuit, on remand, dismissed the appeal for lack of jurisdiction and dissolved their previous stay of Judge Walker's ruling, enabling Governor Jerry Brown to order same-sex marriages to resume. The same day, Kristin Perry and Sandra Stier, plaintiffs in the case, married with Harris officiating the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 299August 12, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote] the [bold]Russian Troll Farms pretending to be[/bold] Bernie or busters are already starting up with the "Wall Street picked her" meme.

Fixted

by Anonymousreply 300August 12, 2020 1:31 AM

After five years of hearing Trump's nicknames people are bored of them.

Calling Warren "Pocahontas" may have been the zenith, but he's not been able to make "Sleepy Joe" stick to Biden and "phony Kamala" is just lame. I mean even if you don't like Harris, it's a lame nickname.

He's been in free fall since June 20th and is not going to be able to pull himself out.

by Anonymousreply 301August 12, 2020 1:34 AM

[quote]Calling Warren "Pocahontas" may have been the zenith, but he's not been able to make "Sleepy Joe" stick to Biden and "phony Kamala" is just lame. I mean even if you don't like Harris, it's a lame nickname.

Don't forget the brilliant "Crooked Hillary." There's some irony for you.

by Anonymousreply 302August 12, 2020 1:36 AM

Also, as I had predicted about 4 hours ago, the schizophrenic attacks on Harris have already started:

Trump has called her a radical leftist and Russian Twitter trolls (and other GOP attack dogs) and claiming she's a pro-police fascist.

People are just going to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 303August 12, 2020 1:36 AM

If Biden wins things should be interesting with Kamala, cause Joe won't last four years.

by Anonymousreply 304August 12, 2020 1:37 AM

Didn’t she say she was only going to help black people buy homes?

by Anonymousreply 305August 12, 2020 1:38 AM

Trump just trotted out "Pocahontas" today after he found out about Harris being Biden's VP pick.

He is a racist right to the very end.

by Anonymousreply 306August 12, 2020 1:38 AM

Rudy's daughter

[quote] Caroline Rose Giuliani @CarolineRoseGiu

[quote] An excellent day for a repost from this bleeding Blue heart of mine #bidenharris2020 #removetrump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 12, 2020 1:38 AM

[quote]Looks like her bullying tactics worked, to get her the position she demanded and felt that she was entitled to.

You're describing Trump.

by Anonymousreply 308August 12, 2020 1:39 AM

Barbara Lee and Maxine Waters both on MSNBC in the last hour, "jumping out of [their] skins with joy." "I screamed, I cried"-- Barbara Lee

There's going to be plenty more of this. Waves of pent-up emotion incoming. Prospective voters who don't anticipate this are going to be surprised and moved, and ultimately carried along. Not everyone is as jaded as the DL pundits./

by Anonymousreply 309August 12, 2020 1:39 AM

[quote] Trump just trotted out "Pocahontas" today after he found out about Harris being Biden's VP pick.

Rofl. Wrong kind of Indian.

Dot. Not feather.

by Anonymousreply 310August 12, 2020 1:51 AM

White suburban women love Kamala. She does better with them than Hillary and Warren ever did. Even Meghan McCain was blown away by her when she appeared on The View last year.

PA and MI are locks for Biden now. Black voters will turn out in force for Kamala. Black turnout was weak in Philly, Pittsburgh and Detroit in 2016. That's why she lost the electoral college. I really think that Biden has a shot at Ohio now. North Carolina is looking a lot stronger today too.

Call me a dreamer, but I think Biden is winning Georgia now.

by Anonymousreply 311August 12, 2020 1:54 AM

Longtime SF Public Defender who faced Harris now defends her in USA Today Op-ed :

[italic]"There has been much talk about the time Sen. Kamala Harris spent as a prosecutor. As a public defender for 24 years, I examined, critiqued and battled Harris when she was the San Francisco district attorney. And more often than not, Harris and I were on opposite sides.

Having had this experience, I feel compelled to speak on Harris’ record while she was a district attorney. Simply put, Harris was the most progressive prosecutor in the state. This is not an anecdotal opinion. It is based on facts."[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 12, 2020 1:57 AM

If they win wonder how many more Black people are going to pay with their lives for this bit of liberal grandstanding. The racists on the police forces all over the country will be out to prove something just like when Obama was in office.

by Anonymousreply 313August 12, 2020 1:58 AM

r312, this woman was literally just on MSNBC on Rachel Maddow's show talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 314August 12, 2020 1:59 AM

You know what, R313---. Who gives a shit what they think? These people feed on intimidation. They had their time with Donald. And they need to be routed out..

by Anonymousreply 315August 12, 2020 2:06 AM

As much as we would like to see a blue Georgia and as close as the polls are, do not get your hopes up.

The entire state government is INFESTED with racist rethugs who will close polling places, shorten voting hours and purge voter rolls in Atlanta, Savannah and other predominantly African American areas.

That's EXACTLY how the putrid Kemp won last time and that's exactly what they plan on doing now.

They will also try it in NC and Florida.

by Anonymousreply 316August 12, 2020 2:07 AM

As much as we would like to see a blue Georgia and as close as the polls are, do not get your hopes up.

The entire state government is INFESTED with racist rethugs who will close polling places, shorten voting hours and purge voter rolls in Atlanta, Savannah and other predominantly African American areas.

That's EXACTLY how the putrid Kemp won last time and that's exactly what they plan on doing now.

They will also try it in NC and Florida.

by Anonymousreply 317August 12, 2020 2:07 AM

R273 R270 Both actually. A troll and a fool.

No person even remotely conscious, who would vote for Warren, would choose Trump over this Dem ticket.

by Anonymousreply 318August 12, 2020 2:11 AM

r316, I'm already mail voting in Florida this time.

Fuck Trump if he tries to fuck up my mail in vote.

by Anonymousreply 319August 12, 2020 2:12 AM

R280 So you are going to vote for Trump because he doesn't pander "to certain people." Insane.

by Anonymousreply 320August 12, 2020 2:14 AM

Biden and Kamala both have Scorpio dominant in their charts. They are both very secretive people.

by Anonymousreply 321August 12, 2020 2:17 AM

R318, I always wonder if anyone has done some kind of comparison between the thought processes of progressives and abuse survivors. A kind of shared (one perceived, one real) victim mentality:

Both seem to want something different and set an unrealistic ideal such that when it fails, they can run back to what the grew up with/feel sheltered by and/or know to be comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 322August 12, 2020 2:20 AM

R298 -- Cry more, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 323August 12, 2020 2:22 AM

Uh oh, BOT @324 jammed on repeat.

by Anonymousreply 325August 12, 2020 2:28 AM

Bots are getting busy!!!

by Anonymousreply 326August 12, 2020 2:29 AM

R322 Fail. Totally useless invented psychobabble.

by Anonymousreply 327August 12, 2020 2:30 AM

r324 Did you mean to say that Americans are lazy and devoid of civics, and will choose the worst option, either by directly voting for their own doom, or having their noses firmly up their poopchutes to inhale deeply of their precious, fragrant farts and letting the racists win the day at electoral colleges?

Or did you mean to type the English equivalent of "Самый правдоподобный тролль побеждает вожделенный «селевой поток» от Путина. Игра начинается сейчас!"

by Anonymousreply 328August 12, 2020 2:31 AM

I love R324's 1997-era emoticon. So persuasive. Such conviction.

by Anonymousreply 329August 12, 2020 2:31 AM

Honestly, Kamala is a near perfect choice.

She’s smart and capable. There is no question she will be able to step into the President spot if required.

She’s moderate but has progressive streaks

She’s Asian and black and married to a Jewish man.

She’s pretty awesome

by Anonymousreply 330August 12, 2020 2:32 AM

Not a fan of Biden, am sort of lukewarm on Harris, but I'm voting for both of them and straight Democrat up and down the ticket to get these fascist Repukelikkkans out of office. They have ALL got to go, before they completely destroy what remains of the USA.

And didn't we learn how bad they were when W Bush, the "businessman," and the crazy GOP, crewed up everything including the US and global economies, and Obama had to spend the first portion of his first term cleaning up their mess?

They do the same thing over and over and over. Just say no to the GOP!

by Anonymousreply 331August 12, 2020 2:33 AM

Моя киска воняет!

by Anonymousreply 332August 12, 2020 2:35 AM

[quote] Trump was just handed re-election in November. :(

So who do you think would have NOT handed the orange blob the election?

by Anonymousreply 333August 12, 2020 2:35 AM

I am so glad it wasn't Susan Rice who has a personality as exciting as brown rice.

by Anonymousreply 334August 12, 2020 2:38 AM

Nikki Haley must be insane with frustration at Harris being chosen.

Even if Trump wanted to dump Pence for her, Haley is too smart and ambitious to board what may be the election equivalent of the Titanic.

Instead she has to watch from the sidelines at Harris possibly being elected the first woman to be the US VP and then possibly POTUS.

I can't stand Haley and I can't help but wonder what she's thinking now.

by Anonymousreply 335August 12, 2020 2:40 AM

Kamala was not my choice at all and in fact I actively disliked her in the primaries. I thought she came off like the "angry black woman" that some people say. I was just going to vote for Biden b/c it wasn't Trump. However, I don't know what it is, but I am so excited and energized that she was selected. It feels like she is the one in the spotlight running for president, which I guess is partly true. You know what I like about Kamala? She has fire. Fire can destroy but it can also be warm and protective. I think she will be able to speak to the public in a way that Biden cannot. It's almost best for Biden to stay in his basement bunker and let Kamala be the face of the campaign. I'd given a modest amount, but a lot for me to Pete both in time and money. I might be tempted to do the same with Biden now.

Side note - does Mike Pence's package look massive at R264. Personal feelings aside do you think he's packing? I can still appreciate I nice cock regardless of who it's attached. He isn't bad to look at in a daddy kind of way I just saw him at the gym. Same with Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 336August 12, 2020 2:40 AM

Some of you really need to get your heads out of your asses.

by Anonymousreply 337August 12, 2020 2:51 AM

R337 What are you, the ass monitor?

by Anonymousreply 338August 12, 2020 2:52 AM

R336 is disgusting with Pence’s package.

by Anonymousreply 339August 12, 2020 2:53 AM

I agree with you there, R336. Biden can look calm, dignified and Presidential while Kamala can do the dirty work and be the Pit bull against the dirty Trump machine.

The way she made Barr fumble in his seat was priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 12, 2020 2:54 AM

I love seeing all of the Trump trolls on here. Block. Block. Block.

by Anonymousreply 341August 12, 2020 2:57 AM

Call me a Mary, but I feel just a little bit more at peace with the state of things now that she's been confirmed. They make a wonderful yin/yang ticket. Safe, dependable grandpa and a fired up younger WOC. And I have no trouble believing they can set aside any differences and work together as a team. Pence and Trump clearly hate each other, they have no plan...just throwing feces at the wall.

by Anonymousreply 342August 12, 2020 3:05 AM

Wow. Trump says he's opposed to Harris because she was "very disrespectful" to BIDEN! Also very very MEAN to Kavanaugh!

Apparently women challenging men--of any party--is the biggest transgression possible, more objectionable than any policy.

by Anonymousreply 343August 12, 2020 3:08 AM

So the man who assigns childish nicknames to everybody who doesn't kiss his ass thinks he has room to call someone else "disrespectful"?

by Anonymousreply 344August 12, 2020 3:10 AM

[quote] Wow. Trump says he's opposed to Harris because she was "very disrespectful" to BIDEN!

yeah, says the man who donated to her campaign for political office THREE times!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 12, 2020 3:19 AM

He also called Harris "nasty", R344. I remember Pelosi getting that one too. So I guess "nasty" = "uppity" and is race-agnostic.

In the real world, "nasty" is usually reserved for, say, porn stars and strippers, e.g., Trump's wives and mistresses. Not to slut shame--if nothing else, DL appreciates a good porn star. But does he really not get the irony?

by Anonymousreply 346August 12, 2020 3:28 AM

Male or Female, as a VP, Harris was among the top possible candidates.

I have full confidence that should will be a fantastic VP and eventual President.

From Trump’s comments, I can tell he’s afraid of her

by Anonymousreply 347August 12, 2020 3:37 AM

Trump is a absolutely terrified of what she will bring to the ticket

by Anonymousreply 348August 12, 2020 3:39 AM

Yes, totally. Trump is shitting bricks, and rightfully so. Harris is going to destroy Pence at the debates.

by Anonymousreply 349August 12, 2020 3:52 AM

Kamala Harris is 55 years old and that's important. That's like 18 compared to everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 350August 12, 2020 3:55 AM

Harris was the best pick. I generally like Warren but she is kind of annoying. She is a bit schoolmarmish and would turn off a lot of voters. She can have Mnuchin’s job.

by Anonymousreply 351August 12, 2020 4:13 AM

r351, not to mention she's TOO DAMN OLD!!!

by Anonymousreply 352August 12, 2020 4:17 AM

Warren is 71. Pelosi is 80! Still sharp!

by Anonymousreply 353August 12, 2020 4:25 AM

But, probably an outlier (Pelosi).

by Anonymousreply 354August 12, 2020 4:26 AM

Is she getting stout?

by Anonymousreply 355August 12, 2020 4:43 AM

I'm happy, I like her. nastytrump and the repukes will attempt to shred whoever Biden selected.

I will never understand how such a repulsive band of ugly crooks managed to gather a cult. It's sick.

by Anonymousreply 356August 12, 2020 5:48 AM

Have no interest in Joe Biden but love her. This is really exciting.

by Anonymousreply 357August 12, 2020 5:59 AM

[R355] No, an IPA Rose.

by Anonymousreply 358August 12, 2020 6:21 AM

I hope that the sad- sack gripey comments are not too over the top. Either ya want more trump or ya do not. I sure do not any more minutes let along 4 more years of trump. Tammy D would have been my first choice but I did win many or any votes in the primaries. Like, good god, can this place ever shed the bitchiness and mean-ness? No, of course not. it is datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 359August 12, 2020 6:29 AM

[quote]Some major Bernie Bros are having a meltdown on Twitter

I hate those fuckers just as much as the loony alt-right Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 360August 12, 2020 6:30 AM

[quote]45 must have crapped his pants upon hearing the news.

I feel sorry for the White House butler who had to change Trump's diaper.

by Anonymousreply 361August 12, 2020 6:34 AM

[quote] she SHOULDNT alienate the progressives unless they’re totally psychotic.

Well, a lot of them are, in fact - two-thirds of Bernie Bros are psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 362August 12, 2020 6:35 AM

The phrase "hold your nose and vote" has been around longer than anyone here . That's what I'll do, much as I'm voting in a thoroughly blue state, doing so for the down-ballot races.

Joe's so-so; his age and corporate coziness were the big concerns in the primaries.

The story of Kam is that you don't have to work hard and earn your way into politics when you can fuck the right guy. And once you're in the arena, it's best to move with whatever winds will carry you where you want to go.

By the way, as mentioned over the last several months, I have direct experience with her (offices') constituent services being shit. Over the years I've occasionally had needs for those services. Depending on where I lived, the relevant politicians were all over the spectrum. I fucking well despised some of 'em, but in fairness, they/their offices were excellent w. helping people.

Anyway, I will eat the tablet I'm using before I'd vote R in any race, but this ticket is disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 363August 12, 2020 6:56 AM

Malodorous criminal Dump and pathetic, pansy, closet-case Pence know that Senator Harris is/was their greatest possible nightmare opponent. I am going to love every second of the squirming, panty-soiling, thunderous wailing and non-stop whining that will ensue from that pathetic duo. Harris is the best politician that I can think of to carve them up skillfully, challenge their stupidity with brilliance, ruthlessly expose their constant gaslighting and generally make their lives utterly miserable both on the campaign trail and during debates. Joe is a smart, kind, experienced and generally wonderful candidate - but Kamala brings him desperately needed horsepower and razor sharp defense moves. While I expected this pairing well over a year ago and never really doubted that it would come to fruition - I am thrilled that we are finally here. Time to kick some asses and take some names - we have an election to win (against cheating that will be unprecedentedly desperate - even for the criminally corrupt GOP).

by Anonymousreply 364August 12, 2020 7:13 AM

A handsy geezer in early-stage Alzheimer's and a Jamaican/Indian woman who sees nothing toward publicly supporting bigots/bigotry. The Dems leave no doubt that they are exactly what they vociferously condemn.

by Anonymousreply 365August 12, 2020 7:19 AM

Great! I like her a lot! Hopefully, she will bring the black, Indian and women votes!👍

by Anonymousreply 366August 12, 2020 7:24 AM

R365 leaves no doubt that he is a racist and a misogynist. Voting against Biden is voting against Kamala Harris and voting for violence against women of color.

by Anonymousreply 367August 12, 2020 7:53 AM

Register to Vote!

Vote ALL republicans out of office.

by Anonymousreply 368August 12, 2020 8:15 AM

R151, "Bubba and Karen" wouldn't vote for a Democrat if Biden had chosen Jesus Himself as running mate. Whom do you think you're characterizing?

by Anonymousreply 369August 12, 2020 8:21 AM

Not to mention the low-key racism of "shuffling."

by Anonymousreply 370August 12, 2020 8:22 AM

R367 is auditioning for Fascist Cadres and Their Empty-Headed Harangues.

by Anonymousreply 371August 12, 2020 8:27 AM

And who the hell do these turncoat sellouts think they are? Black Socialists? Yeah, you mean NATIONAL socialists!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372August 12, 2020 8:29 AM

I’m sure Obama had a big day in Biden’s pick for VP.

by Anonymousreply 373August 12, 2020 8:41 AM

I’m sure Obama had a big say in Biden’s pick for VP

by Anonymousreply 374August 12, 2020 8:42 AM

Someone put a muzzle on Willie Brown. I don’t want to hear or see him speak.

by Anonymousreply 375August 12, 2020 8:44 AM

Agree, #374. And maybe it was tit-for-tat: choose Kamala and I campaign for you.

I think Obama is going to be very active in the Biden administration, which is a good thing. He wants to save 'Obamacare' and get revenge on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 376August 12, 2020 9:11 AM

The GOP seems particularly mad that Biden didn't choose someone they could label a socialist or leftist. They already tried earlier yesterday and got laughed at, and that upset the trolls on social media a lot. It was amusing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 377August 12, 2020 10:01 AM

* Suburban yoga mom types love Harris. She is one of them, only black and they could totally see having an oat milk latte or really good Chardonnay with her.

* She doesn't have that "I think I'm better than you" air that Hillary had that turned off many of those suburban women voters.

* Her record as prosecutor will stop any "she is a Bolshevik" crap from Trump. They will try it of course--they already have re: Junior's tweets, but no one will believe it.

* Outside of his hardcore base, no one is really buying any of Trump's crap right now. His nicknames are stale too.

* In the debate, many people were secretly thrilled to see Trump try and make a fool of Hillary. If he does that to Biden, the reaction is more likely to be "why is he being mean to nice old Uncle Joe?"

* Pence schooled Kaine by sounding like the president on a bad broadcast network drama while Kaine sounded gay and screechy and whiny. Harris will be able to rake Pence over the coals about COVID, as he is allegedly running the task force. This will be very easy for her--all she has to do is recite some of Trump's (literally) hundreds of lies and ask him if he believes them and why he has not spoken out.

by Anonymousreply 378August 12, 2020 11:49 AM

She's fine. I don't really support most Democratic policies but the important thing is to get Trump out of office. I can hold my nose and vote for this ticket.

by Anonymousreply 379August 12, 2020 12:23 PM

It is indeed a sad reflection on the Dems and their policies/direction that yet again, the only candidates they can field are of the hold your nose and vote variety.

by Anonymousreply 380August 12, 2020 12:32 PM

I think we all know in our hearts whom he should have picked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381August 12, 2020 12:35 PM

The GOP is a mess. Half are saying Kamala is a cop and the other half is saying that she supports the looters. They really didn’t have a meeting to settle on a strategy?

by Anonymousreply 382August 12, 2020 12:37 PM

R380, I am not a Democrat, so this indicates even I will vote for this ticket. I suspect there are Democrats who support it with more enthusiasm.

And you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 383August 12, 2020 12:39 PM

Trump/ Republican buzz words for Kamala:

Leftist

Radical

Liberal

Nasty

Blah, blah, blah...

The more Trump acts like a rejected bully towards Kamala, the more women will be turned off by him. Kamala is like the Oprah of politics.

by Anonymousreply 384August 12, 2020 12:46 PM

Can he now make Beto the Secretary of Having a Big Dick?

by Anonymousreply 385August 12, 2020 12:54 PM

R385 how about Secretary of Your Interior?

by Anonymousreply 386August 12, 2020 12:56 PM

Right-wingers are already claiming that she isn't a natural-born citizen since her parents were immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 387August 12, 2020 1:06 PM

Kamala was only informed she was his veep 90 minutes before it went public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 12, 2020 1:07 PM

If Biden loses, I will never blame him or the campaign. I will blame this country being garbage that would so easily make the same, horrendous mistake twice and allowing the most embarrassing, disgusting, ignorant pile of shit to once again foul the WH.

And fuck any of you who normalizes or rationalizes such a despicable mindset. Fucking sick.

by Anonymousreply 389August 12, 2020 1:09 PM

Bringing pantsuits BACK, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390August 12, 2020 1:10 PM

I did it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391August 12, 2020 1:17 PM

I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 392August 12, 2020 1:18 PM

[quote]I did it better. - Tulsi

No you fucking didn't. You've never done anything better than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 393August 12, 2020 1:19 PM

Ready to work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394August 12, 2020 1:21 PM

Why did she unfollow him on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 395August 12, 2020 1:23 PM

She didn't unfollow him on Twitter. That was a right-wing hoax. She had never followed him on Twitter.

Why are you asking?

by Anonymousreply 396August 12, 2020 1:26 PM

She didn't r395. Don't believe everything someone spouts online.

by Anonymousreply 397August 12, 2020 1:27 PM

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if that was true but read it here.

by Anonymousreply 398August 12, 2020 1:28 PM

I apologize, everyone: I was all "white people in the Midwest won't like her." Possibly on some level, but I'm please how happy everyone is with her selection. The black women on MSNBC and CNN were thrilled, and I'm happy for them. I do hope they win, of course.

by Anonymousreply 399August 12, 2020 1:31 PM

My brother voted Trump (he's a doctor, lives in the suburbs, purple/blue state), and he's like "they're good; nothing crazy; not like AOC and Rashida Tlaib, etc" and he's voting for the Dem ticket. If it were Warren or Bass, he said, he'd vote Cheeto again. So this is a good combination.

Buy some stuff, people. Show your support. Donate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 12, 2020 1:35 PM

I've already placed my order for this. In petite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401August 12, 2020 1:41 PM

R395 just wants that out there because lies are all the right have to defend their despicable record.

by Anonymousreply 402August 12, 2020 1:44 PM

In the entire history of the U.S., there has never been a black female governor of a state. In those 244 years there have been two black women elected to the Senate, and she was one of them. In freaking 2016.

This is so great for little black girls and every kid whose parents are from another country--and therefore for all of America.

by Anonymousreply 403August 12, 2020 1:46 PM

I was extremely disappointed with the choice of Kamala at first but I’m starting to come around to it. She’s pushed forward some very progressive polices in the past few years and during her campaign. I hope she stays progressive.

She also seems like a kind person and it doesn’t seem forced.

by Anonymousreply 404August 12, 2020 1:52 PM

For instance she talked about a 2k a month stimulus payment. It may not be totally practical but it shows she thinks about the people.

by Anonymousreply 405August 12, 2020 1:56 PM

I'm a moderate, I'm pro capitalism, and pro business, but even I don't think $2000 a month stimulus is that out of bounds for people who are hurting during the pandemic. I just think about all the money we send to other countries in foreign aid and the cash we give to corporations, but we draw a line at helping US citizens when they need it most.

by Anonymousreply 406August 12, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote] It is indeed a sad reflection on the Dems and their policies/direction that yet again, the only candidates they can field are of the hold your nose and vote variety.

Please name your perfect Dem ticket

by Anonymousreply 407August 12, 2020 2:55 PM

Is this ANYBODY'S idea of a perfect building?

No, it's not. It's probably most people's third or fourth choice.

That's the way the world works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408August 12, 2020 3:15 PM

R408 Interesting addition to the conversation/trolling about Biden/Harris. What would the perfect building have been, Warren? Or is the point that there is no universally agreed upon "perfect", ever?

With that, the most visible and anticipated "replacement" building in history is monumentally..... mediocre. What a wasted opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 409August 12, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] Or is the point that there is no universally agreed upon "perfect", ever?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 410August 12, 2020 4:34 PM

Reddit was having a meltdown last night after the announcement, and it was confusing. She was too liberal for some, too conservative for others. And some just seemed to have a visceral hate for her. I thought Reddit was supposed to skew liberal.

by Anonymousreply 411August 12, 2020 4:56 PM

Some analysis just out from Nate Silver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 12, 2020 5:04 PM

Elaborate new 538 presidential race analysis "project" page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 12, 2020 5:06 PM

It’s funny how the Bernie people think they’re relevant in any way, shape, or form. They’re a bunch of whiners who today have even started trashing Bernie for his tweet about Kamala. They’re sick people.

by Anonymousreply 414August 12, 2020 5:07 PM

I’m hoping lots of South Asian Americans, who are generally quite prosperous, start contributing and voting.

by Anonymousreply 415August 12, 2020 5:11 PM

r321 but Scorpio is only one dominant sign in her chart, she also has Gemini and Virgo dominant as well along with dominant planets Saturn and Mercury which rules Gemini.

Chartwise if she tends to lean more toward her intelligence than her ego we could be in good shape here.

[quote]With Scorpio as a dominant sign, you are a strong and astute person, complicated and passionate, sometimes destructive and intolerant, but strong-willed, tough and daring, sometimes bordering on aggressive. So many qualities and dangers combined in one person! Obviously, this often results in a natural selection of people around you: those who stand up to you or admire you and those who can't bear you anymore! But that is precisely what you want. You are what you are and you are not going to transform yourself just to please. You are too proud and you never dread confrontations, although your way of fighting is secret, as is your nature that, mysteriously enough, you are so reluctant to reveal even to your close friends who will never understand you. That said... what a hellish charm you have!

[quote]Virgo, associated with perfectionism, numbers and reason, is among your dominant signs: you inherit its sense of responsibility and tidiness, a clear mind, an unfailing logic, as well as a need to be useful and to fulfill your task to the best of your abilities. Obviously, people may think that you are too modest or reserved, suspicious or pessimistic because of your exceedingly critical mind, but aren't logic and wisdom great qualities? Of course, they are. Moreover, you keep your feet on the ground, you never behave irrationally and you are helpful and hardworking - what more can you ask for?

[quote]With Gemini as a dominant sign, your qualities include being lively, curious, mobile, clever, and flexible: you often make others dizzy, and you may come across as a dilettante - a bit inquisitive, shallow, and insensitive because you may be too intellectualizing. However, your natural curiosity, a nice quality, and your quick humor, allow you to demonstrate to everyone how much they may gain from your company, and that your apparent flightiness hides an appetite (particularly mental) for life, which itself conceals a terrific charm!

[quote]Saturn dominant, you often look austere, but it is only an appearance, a kind of modesty or reserve; however, it is true that the Saturnian, who is fond of time, effort, asceticism, rigour and sobriety, may have popularity issues. Nevertheless, honesty and straightforwardness, reliability, as well as slow, wise and deep mental process, although not very popular and visible qualities, eventually become noticed and appreciated. Saturnians' second part of life is usually easier and more fulfilling. Like the Jupiterian, your Saturnian facet prompts you to seek the essential, security, and longevity. However, the difference with the former is that you will never give priority to wealth or "the bigger, the better" philosophy for the sake of power. Saturn, like Jupiter, symbolizes social integration, and it is usually considered positive to have a harmonic Jupiter and Saturn in one's chart because of their social adaptation capacities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416August 12, 2020 5:19 PM

No question Harris is the right choice. Now Trump is courting suburban women (aka "housewives") by ending fair housing laws in the suburbs. Contrast that with Harris' origin story -- growing up on in the low-income part of Berkeley, being bussed to majority-white schools and thriving. Having immigrant parents who became a cancer researcher and an economics professor at Stanford. She can talk the talk and walk the walk to shoot down Trump's fear mongering and race-baiting.

The real challenge is going to be stopping the myriad ways Trump, Barr and R governors will undermine the election, starting with the escalating hobbling of USPS. The social media disinformation deluge is already out of control. The Dems better have a plan to identify and whack all the hydra-headed electoral attacks or all the polling leads in the world won't matter.

by Anonymousreply 417August 12, 2020 5:25 PM

I feel like she's going to be Biden's brains and muscle. She doesn't take shit and love that.

by Anonymousreply 418August 12, 2020 5:28 PM

R411, Reddit skews troll farm. Especially since banning "the Donald" subreddit. Nothing like a million white supremacists scorned.

by Anonymousreply 419August 12, 2020 5:30 PM

r381 are you high?

I do love Marianne though from the early 90's. Her help fighting AIDS and Project Angel Food. I know all the horrible stories out there about her but I could tell you just as many good ones. Isn't that what all of us are though? Some horrible stories with just as many or more good ones?

by Anonymousreply 420August 12, 2020 5:33 PM

Another question is whether Harris can energize the Latino vote. Her pro-immigrant stance and personal story could give Biden a big boost in key states like Texas and Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 421August 12, 2020 5:35 PM

As another DL thread reported, Tucker Carlson and right-wingers deliberately are mispronouncing her first name.

It's correctly pronounced KAM -a-la. Right wingers are calling her Ka-MAL-a.

It took me a few seconds to think about it and realize why. They believe Ka-MAL-a sounds more "ghetto" and want to remind their bigoted, ignorant Trumpers of that.

Ok, Ok, sometimes it takes me awhile....

by Anonymousreply 422August 12, 2020 5:39 PM

As another DL thread reported, Tucker Carlson and right-wingers deliberately are mispronouncing her first name.

It's correctly pronounced KAM -a-la. Right wingers are calling her Ka-MAL-a.

It took me a few seconds to think about it and realize why. They believe Ka-MAL-a sounds more "ghetto" and want to remind their bigoted, ignorant Trumpers of that.

Ok, Ok, sometimes it takes me awhile....

by Anonymousreply 423August 12, 2020 5:39 PM

r389 there are a lot of forces at work here. If Trump wins again it won't just be because of ignorant racist Americans. It will be because racist ignorant Billionaires like Mercer, Adleson, Koch, Gates and others have used their overwhelming monetary resources and the media their friends own to steal our electoral process again.

See it's easier to continue to pretend that this entire process is still one we are participating in than to really pull your head all the way out of your ass and see that the system is rigged and we need to continue to protest and show up in wealthy neighborhoods and outside their businesses to let them know we'd like to have a word or two with them.

It will be interesting to see if they actually want Joe Biden in the White House because Trump has done everything in the Cohen and Mercer playbook diabolically brilliantly so far and it has only helped speed up the total takeover of the economy and government and put it out of our reach for a very very very long time.

by Anonymousreply 424August 12, 2020 5:43 PM

Sorry 'bout the double post.

And, as was easily predicted, they're alluding to her relationship with Willie Brown. Just outta curiosity, I tuned into the Rush Limbaugh show. ( I know, I know, but still, my car radio is still good and didn't melt) and his guest host referred to her "close friendship" with Brown.

If that's all they got, they're panicking.

by Anonymousreply 425August 12, 2020 5:44 PM

R425, meanwhile their FLOTUS is literally a fuckin' whore who spread her pussy in filthy stroke mags.

by Anonymousreply 426August 12, 2020 5:45 PM

R423, it's not like they don't have a history of this nonsense. They used Obama's middle name as a pejorative. Because anyone named "Hussein" is evil and foreign. They're not pure, real 'murican stock like someone named "Donald" or "Tucker"...who are practically Norman Rockwell paintings and not slimy, wretched trash.

by Anonymousreply 427August 12, 2020 5:47 PM

We don't understand why DL sisters hate Trump. We have seen no noticeable change from the s.o.s. of 1989-2016

Please list one item of SUBSTANCE that is any different from BushClintonBush Obama.

by Anonymousreply 428August 12, 2020 5:51 PM

Correct, r426.

Smarter Repugs ( and their are some) want to steer clear of any rumble with Dems about sex lives.

They've perceived correctly that ,although that shit - Trump bringing the women who accused Clinton of sexual assault to his debates with Hillary- may have been tolerated in 2016, now, in the midst of the pandemic and the economy being in the toilet, nobody is in the mood for meaningless shit like Harris' past sex life.

by Anonymousreply 429August 12, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote]Some analysis just out from Nate Silver.

What a wet blanket he is.

by Anonymousreply 430August 12, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote] It's correctly pronounced KAM -a-la. Right wingers are calling her Ka-MAL-a.

(with a soft "a")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 12, 2020 6:21 PM

I was joking, R420!

by Anonymousreply 432August 12, 2020 6:33 PM

Anyone noticing the USPS is MUCH slower already? Is anyone going to sue the administration to get an order to speed up the mail?

by Anonymousreply 433August 12, 2020 7:33 PM

Mail sorting machines are being ripped out of the Seattle post office. I expect that removal to expand as the election gets closers.

Vote early, and drop your ballot off in person. Do not depend on the mail.

by Anonymousreply 434August 12, 2020 7:39 PM

re R434's report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 12, 2020 7:41 PM

More re USPS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 12, 2020 7:43 PM

I think black voter turnout will rival 2008 this year. If it's anywhere near 2008, then it's impossible for Trump to win, especially since he's not getting more white votes than he got last time.

by Anonymousreply 437August 12, 2020 7:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 12, 2020 7:55 PM

The count has to be Dems ahead throughout: night of, then the mail-in vote after, in all the reliably blue states and the key swing states. I can't imagine the lines they're going to face in urban areas. I do hope they come equipped with water, food, warm clothes, etc. Entertainment even. I hope people start ordering take-out to give to the people in the voting lines.

by Anonymousreply 439August 12, 2020 7:58 PM

R431 it is pronounced Ka-Ma-La. I bought her hat when she was running for the dem nomination. KA is in yellow, MA is in purple and LA is in orange.

by Anonymousreply 440August 12, 2020 8:03 PM

Comma-La

by Anonymousreply 441August 12, 2020 8:05 PM

It's CUM-MAHL-YAH

by Anonymousreply 442August 12, 2020 8:07 PM

We now have to live with the insufferable KHive until November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443August 12, 2020 8:15 PM

Summary of what Cheeto is going to voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 12, 2020 8:16 PM

* doing to

by Anonymousreply 445August 12, 2020 8:17 PM

[quote]It’s funny how the Bernie people think they’re relevant in any way, shape, or form. They’re a bunch of whiners who today have even started trashing Bernie for his tweet about Kamala. They’re sick people.

If Biden loses, I will still have some anger towards the Bernie supporters like I did in 2016. They are just as bad as crazy Trump supporters

by Anonymousreply 446August 12, 2020 8:36 PM

R446, per this week's amazing NYT story, suppressed US intelligence confirms that Russia promoted Bernie as well as Trump, for the same reasons Russia's promoting Kanye. Don't assume the supposed Bernie bros were actual US voters. At the very least, they were driven by Russian agitation campaigns. Sure some of them were duped into furthering the Putin agenda, but probably fewer than it appears.

by Anonymousreply 447August 12, 2020 9:30 PM

Kamala is coming for Pence...

by Anonymousreply 448August 12, 2020 9:31 PM

Silly Homosexuals

Those "Bernie Bros" you see on Twitter?

Those are not actual humans.

They are Russian sock puppet accounts.

Or Russian sock puppet accounts retweeting and sharing the tweet of a random Bernie supporter who had 10 real followers last night, and 10,000 new sock puppet followers today

by Anonymousreply 449August 12, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote]Anyone noticing the USPS is MUCH slower already? Is anyone going to sue the administration to get an order to speed up the mail?

Even the deplorables are going to be pissed off when their prescriptions stop showing up on time.

by Anonymousreply 450August 12, 2020 9:35 PM

Prescriptions from the VA are already running two weeks late. That's bad enough for regular everyday meds, but imagine if your insulin or seizure meds are weeks past due and the post office can't tell you when you'll get them.

by Anonymousreply 451August 12, 2020 9:37 PM

$2000 is chump change unless you live in a rural area of a red state. It should be $2000 a day.

by Anonymousreply 452August 12, 2020 9:41 PM

All opposition to Biden is Russian.

by Anonymousreply 453August 12, 2020 9:42 PM

I'm in L.A. I got a call this morning that I had a CVS prescription ready so I called to ask that they mail it, like I always do. She said it would take two weeks for me to get it.

by Anonymousreply 454August 12, 2020 9:53 PM

^

Oh and that CVS is only a little over a mile from me.

by Anonymousreply 455August 12, 2020 9:54 PM

Guess the calculus is that alienating people who rely on mail order meds doesn't matter, because those are the same people whose mail-in ballots will never be counted

by Anonymousreply 456August 12, 2020 10:00 PM

I've always liked Kamala. I'm proud to have voted for her three times (in CA state elections). I trust that she will be relentless in going on the attack after both Trump and Pence.

by Anonymousreply 457August 12, 2020 10:32 PM

You are absolutely right, r405!

I'm pissed that covid is rampant in my state for the simple fact that I won't get to canvass and watch people's faces - especially kids- light up when I give my canvassers speech.

I canvassed in 08 for Obama in the general. They gave me an African American apartment complex. I only had to knock on one door and I was nearly mobbed! In a good way! I felt like a rock star.

I knocked on the first floor of a downstairs apartment. A man's voice told me to go outside so he could see me from the patio. He asked what I wanted (young white girl with a clipboard). I got out, "I'm from the Obama campaign and I . . . "

He shouted, "Obama!" There was pounding feet and yelling. I was sort of scared because it was the first time I had ever canvassed and didn't know what to expect.

This guy, his entire family, including kids came outside to talk to me and get a flyer. The dad sent one of the kids in to tell others I was there.

Some people came out. It was really amazing. Another black lady came over from walking her dog after the crowd left and asked me what was going on. I told her I was canvassing for Obama and asked her if she wanted a flyer. She said she didn't need one as she was voting for him anyway.

I handed one to her and said, "keep this. For history." Her eyes lit up and it was like she realized she was living history.

That is the sort of stuff I will miss not being able to canvass this year due to covid.

I canvassed for Hillary in 16 and met a little girl canvassing that I never forgot but I've derailed enough already.

by Anonymousreply 458August 12, 2020 10:50 PM

That's a great story, R458. Black turnout is going to be crucial in this election. The digital divide is going to make it hard to rely on on-line organizing at the grassroots level. I really hope the DNC and local orgs are launching a hundred alternatives - phone banking through churches, socially distanced voter registration outside of supermarkets, even outdoor information stations in community hubs or apartment complex courtyards.

People need to understand how much their vote counts, and will need help with the logistics of voting. In the Georgia June primaries, polling places were slashed by 90%. Lower income people rely on public transportation, which is risky and doesn't always go where needed. People will need help locating their new polling place, safe transportation, someplace to leave the kids, etc. It's a mess that plays right into republican hands.

by Anonymousreply 459August 12, 2020 11:02 PM

My local Democratic group, they are in parking lots registering people to vote, r459.

Several of us have signed up to work the polls so we have all polling stations open and fully staffed. I've been trying to post it all over my social media accounts so people who are able to work the polls sign up. We don't want what happened in Georgia to happen in more places. If there aren't enough poll workers, you know the precincts that will be shut down first and it won't be the suburbs or rural areas.

I will probably phone bank but you don't get the visual feedback you do when you canvass.

Of course, I have horror stories as well but those fade. It's that apartment complex in 08 and that little girl in 16 that I remember and that keep me going.

by Anonymousreply 460August 12, 2020 11:21 PM

That's great, R460. Of course many poll workers are retirees, so that's another challenge. Hopefully the Boards of Election will recruit workers among younger folks who've been laid off or furloughed. I know poll workers don't earn much, but it's something.

I know Lyft has a national initiative to donate $1.5 million worth of free rides to people who need transportation to doctor's appointments, supermarkets, etc. It would be great if they expanded that to include rides to polling places on election day.

by Anonymousreply 461August 12, 2020 11:32 PM

As seen on Twitter:

BREAKING: in response to Joe Biden announcing Kamala Harris as his Vice Presidential pick - Donald Trump orders Mike Pence to transition into a black woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 13, 2020 1:01 AM

r455, then go get it you lazy ass bum!

by Anonymousreply 463August 13, 2020 1:26 AM

I'm in a position where I can wait the two weeks to get it, r463. I'm choosing to not stand in a CVS pharmacy line these days. My concern is for the people who are more in need of quick delivery for their meds.

by Anonymousreply 464August 13, 2020 1:39 AM

Kamala is quite a beautiful woman.

She really won the genetic dice roll — her parents, while clearly brilliant minds, were not exactly lookers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 13, 2020 2:37 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 13, 2020 2:55 AM

I guess I'm in the minority. But Kamala reminds me of Derby Day.

by Anonymousreply 467August 13, 2020 4:19 AM

Interesting that the first Black president and VP candidate have a parent who was/is Black (Kenya, Jamaica) and not from the U.S.’s African American population.

Do you think this is a coincidence or reflective of something else? Do they benefit from sidestepping a direct relationship with U.S.’s racist past?

One thing is for sure, both fathers (and Kampala’s late mother) were extremely intelligent and driven, tremendous examples of why we need to welcome and celebrate immigrants ‘ contributions.

by Anonymousreply 468August 13, 2020 5:05 AM

R468 Exactly what I’ve been thinking but afraid to say. Immigrants place a high value on education. Interesting that the rate of first or second generation Africans in the US with graduate degrees surpasses even Asian Americans.

by Anonymousreply 469August 13, 2020 5:24 AM

Kamala is a fine choice and I will vote for her and Biden, though I would vote for just about anyone over Trump/Pence. Unfortunately, I have casual friends who are threatening to write Bernie's name on the ballot or to not vote at all. Ignorant, I know. How do you reason with a disconnected and self righteous Bernie Bro? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

by Anonymousreply 470August 13, 2020 5:41 AM

R470 You don't. You realize that you cannot control the votes or behavior of others and you move on with your life.

by Anonymousreply 471August 13, 2020 6:08 AM

R470, Find a way to break it to them that the anti-Biden Bernie supporters have been manipulated within an inch of their lives by Russian operatives. It's never easy to hear that your principles are bogus, so be kind but firm. Remind them that Bernie supports the Dem ticket. If they suggest that a Trump victory will lead to some kind of socialist revolution, congratulate them on following Steve Bannon's playbook for the triumph of rightwing oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 472August 13, 2020 6:10 AM

r405 2k a month stimulus payment is totally practical because the country is in a pandemic and economic freefall. The stimulus belongs to the people. It's our tax money.

What we cannot afford is Republican corporate welfare grifting.

by Anonymousreply 473August 13, 2020 8:29 AM

You know what, now that it has sunk in. I think this is brilliant choice. We're in a polarized as fuck political and cultural environment. Fuck likeability. We need someone fierce with conviction who can back that shit up and speak with the best of them. And she looks dam good doing it. Basically we need the political version of Beyonce. She is going to slaughter mike pence in the debates.

by Anonymousreply 474August 13, 2020 9:35 AM

[quote]How do you reason with a disconnected and self righteous Bernie Bro?

"Reason"

"Bernie Bro"

Funniest combination of words on the internet in at least 4,376 years.

by Anonymousreply 475August 13, 2020 9:43 AM

Harris is also the right choice with the rise of GOP propaganda that dems are weak on crime and trying to defund the police. This woman did not play as San Francisco DA and attorney general. Her stats don't lie. I think the absurdity of American politics in the past 10 years has made us forget the reality of the VP: they have no role. They essentially have no power and are symbolic gestures to complement the president and the party in the white house. Hell, the US Surgeon General probably has more power than the VP, and I'm talking even before corona.

by Anonymousreply 476August 13, 2020 9:45 AM

"She is going to slaughter mike pence in the debates" That is a huge understatement. Pansy Pencey better ask Barr and Kavanaugh just how bad that beating is gonna hurt. And they only endured 5 minutes or so..

by Anonymousreply 477August 13, 2020 9:47 AM

Rent-free

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 13, 2020 10:12 AM

Not to take away from Harris R477-- I think she's great-- but Pence is pretty much mincemeat against anyone.

All the opponent has to do is recite Trump's hundreds of lies about Covid as ask Pence, whether as head of the Covid task force, he believes them and why.

(She can also make a statement about men with beards and stare straight at Mother Pence but that would mostly just make DL and the SNL writing staff happy.)

by Anonymousreply 479August 13, 2020 11:24 AM

R479 (and others). I detest Pence and his obsequiousness to a Dictator just to serve his Christo-fascist goals. (These late stage greedy pseudo-Christian fascists have hurt Christianity, and hidden the Gospel beneath their noxious and oppressive Culture Wars).

But Pence pretty much won the debate against Kaine. Kaine seemed desperate and really couldn't sustain any attack - he just looked goofy. So let's temper our expectations in the VP debate. It could well be that Pence simply survives and the media will claim he "won". Manage expectations for the greater goal.

by Anonymousreply 480August 13, 2020 1:59 PM

Kamala is not Kaine R480

Pence just sounded like the president in a badly written network TV drama.

Kaine was whiney, screechy, ill-prepared and, ironically given Pence, had major gay voice.

Pence was also not trying to defend the misdeeds of the past four years of Trump at the time.

She will wipe the floor with him.

by Anonymousreply 481August 13, 2020 2:17 PM

R481 Oh, I think she'll win by any measure.., But I think Pence didn't sound like Trump in the VP debate... his smarmy pastoral demeanor was in contrast to Trump's clowning narcissism. Small matter, I just think expecting him to whimper and fall to Harris' feet in humiliation is not helpful. Tempering expectations will make Harris' victory that much more likely.

by Anonymousreply 482August 13, 2020 2:29 PM

I agree, r482, we’re all getting whacked by expectations. Dump strings a sentence together and we say he’s finally become “presidential.” Let’s just look at what happens with no expectations.

by Anonymousreply 483August 13, 2020 2:33 PM

I have no doubt Harris will beat Pence fully at the debate, but the issue is whether anyone cares about the debate and the arguments they make. I think it'll be about atmosphere: Pence will do the "it's so sad you're lying, Harris - so disappointing" and Harris will be the sharp prosecutor who comes with receipts.

by Anonymousreply 484August 13, 2020 2:33 PM

Pence is going to be trained within an inch of his life....remember when we all thought that Sarah Palin was going to go under in the debates, and she did middling, much to everyone's surprise?

by Anonymousreply 485August 13, 2020 2:46 PM

Hillary slaughtered Trump in their debates, and predictably, it didn't matter to his supporters one bit. I don't think the VP debates will sway anyone away from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 486August 13, 2020 2:50 PM

The last VP debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 13, 2020 2:50 PM

If debates mattered Trump wouldn't be president. The guy was and still is an imbecile and yet people thought he was brilliant and won the debates.

by Anonymousreply 488August 13, 2020 3:12 PM

"2k a month stimulus payment is totally practical"

Mainly since they got to skip June, July and August.

by Anonymousreply 489August 13, 2020 3:28 PM

People watch debates & then wait for talking heads to appear onscreen & tell them what they are supposed to think.

by Anonymousreply 490August 13, 2020 3:38 PM

Hillary was too prepared.

by Anonymousreply 491August 13, 2020 3:41 PM

R491, funny that you type that. When I read R490, I thought to myself: "I hope someone puts ex-lax in everything Chuck eats and drinks that day.

by Anonymousreply 492August 13, 2020 3:44 PM

Palin did “well” in the debates because she memorized all her lines and as retarded as she is, she had charisma. Pence is a wet blanket. Watching him speak is like watching paint dry, and he comes off as extremely creepy. Almost inhuman.

by Anonymousreply 493August 13, 2020 3:48 PM

r482, ex-lax? Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 494August 13, 2020 3:48 PM

Visine? I've never heard of that. Wouldn't that kill him or does it just give the runs?

by Anonymousreply 495August 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Could kill him R495.

by Anonymousreply 496August 13, 2020 3:54 PM

Nah, I don't want to kill the guy. He's awful, but I just want him having to stay in the bathroom that day.

by Anonymousreply 497August 13, 2020 3:56 PM

I believe 99% of the American people already know who they’re going to vote for and nothing including any debate is going to change that.

by Anonymousreply 498August 13, 2020 3:56 PM

Omg, how I miss Sarah "I read all of them" Palin. Trump makes her look brilliant actually. Something about her never came across as mean spirited. I liked her.

by Anonymousreply 499August 13, 2020 3:57 PM

Ho please. I'm an undecided even with 4 yrs of Trump. I demand your attention.

by Anonymousreply 500August 13, 2020 4:02 PM

R476, the power of the VP is what the President makes it. As we've seen with Trump, officially conferred duties don't matter. Biden ended up a key advisor to Obama, and has said he wants his VP to be the last person he discusses policy with before making anything official. Harris serves on the Homeland Security, Governmental Affairs, Judiciary, and Budget Committees, plus the Select Committee on Intelligence. Expect her to have a way bigger role than La Pencetta.

by Anonymousreply 501August 13, 2020 4:13 PM

Fairy tale:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502August 13, 2020 4:19 PM

I think she is delightful. And I would definitely invite her to a house party. Her husband seems fun too. I like them. I want them to be in the Whtie House. I'm prepared for at least 12 years of Kamala. YES! Bet Michelle Obama is jealous.

by Anonymousreply 503August 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Nice update/summary re USPS from Reuters today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504August 13, 2020 4:39 PM

Michelle doesn't want anything to do with direct politics, and has been very vocal about not even wanting the first 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 505August 13, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote]Watching [Pence] speak is like watching paint dry, and he comes off as extremely creepy. Almost inhuman.

Almost inhuman? A more accurate description would be "Almost human".

by Anonymousreply 506August 13, 2020 4:45 PM

R503, Why would Michelle Obama be jealous of another highly successful black woman. When has Michelle Obama ever displayed insecurities. What reality do you live?

by Anonymousreply 507August 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Bet Tulsi Gabbard is jealous and seething. She hasn’t even said a word on this yet lol

by Anonymousreply 508August 13, 2020 5:18 PM

Tulsi is somewhere in Europe getting drunk and sharing a pupu platter with Erna.

by Anonymousreply 509August 13, 2020 5:20 PM

More like poo poo!

by Anonymousreply 510August 13, 2020 5:24 PM

R507

Michelle didn’t even want the job. And if she did, she would 100% be the choice because she is still the most popular woman in the party. I don’t know what that poster was talking about lol.

by Anonymousreply 511August 13, 2020 5:25 PM

R498, I agree. The number of true undecideds is few to none. It's all a matter of who's more motivated to get out to vote, and, unfortunately, who's votes actually get counted.

by Anonymousreply 512August 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Trump says he opposes funding USPS because of mail-in voting

By Ellie Kaufman, Marshall Cohen, Jason Hoffman and Nicky Robertson, CNN

Updated 11:46 AM ET, Thu August 13, 2020

(CNN)President Donald Trump said Thursday that he opposes much-needed funding for the United States Postal Service because he doesn't want to see it used for mail-in voting this November.

By directly linking USPS funding to mail-in voting, Trump is fueling allegations that he is trying to manipulate the postal system for political gain. The pandemic has led to record-shattering levels of voting-by-mail, but Trump has tried to restrict the voting method because he says it will hurt his re-election and Republicans across the board.

During an interview on Fox News, Trump said that if USPS does not receive the additional $25 billion funding request that Democrats included in the ongoing stimulus negotiations, then he believes the Post Office won't be able to handle the influx of mail-in ballots in the upcoming election.

"They want three and a half billion dollars for something that'll turn out to be fraudulent, that's election money basically. They want three and a half billion dollars for the mail-in votes. Universal mail-in ballots. They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said, repeating his false claims that mail-in voting would be "fraudulent."

"But if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because you they're not equipped to have it," Trump added. Trump has criticized mail-in voting for months, baselessly asserting that it will lead to voter fraud. There is not widespread voter fraud in US elections, and nonpartisan experts say neither party automatically benefits when states expand access to mail-in voting.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi responded to Trump's claims during an interview on MSNBC, saying the $25 billion for USPS was proposed by the agency's Board of Governors, not Democrats.

"In the legislation we have $25 billion, that is the number that is recommended by the Board of Governors of the US postal service," Pelosi said in the interview, also noting that "a bipartisan Board of Governors, 100% appointed by Donald Trump, they recommended $25 billion dollars."

Pelosi added that in previous congressional bills on the coronavirus, "the President has stood in the way of any money for the postal service."

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign called Trump's comments an "assault on our democracy," in a statement.

""The President of the United States is sabotaging a basic service that hundreds of millions of people rely upon, cutting a critical lifeline for rural economies and for delivery of medicines, because he wants to deprive Americans of their fundamental right to vote safely during the most catastrophic public health crisis in over 100 years," Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement. Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold, a Democrat, said in a tweet that Trump's comments are "voter suppression, plain and simple."

The President had previously stated that USPS would not have the ability to handle the increase in mail-in votes that will be sent in this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, a claim the Postal Service has rebuffed.

"The Postal Service has ample capacity to adjust our nationwide processing and delivery network to meet projected Election and Political Mail volume, including any additional volume that may result as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic," the agency said in a statement.

by Anonymousreply 513August 13, 2020 5:37 PM

David Becker, executive director of the nonpartisan Center for Election Innovation and Research, said Trump's attacks on USPS hurt voters, including many of his own supporters who vote-by-mail.

"He's openly encouraging his voters to use that, but he's hurting those same voters by opposing bipartisan efforts to provide enough funding to ensure all voters in those states, including his own, can vote by mail without problems," Becker said.

by Anonymousreply 514August 13, 2020 5:37 PM

R488 You do see that you contradicted yourself there? Just because rational people saw a dangerous imbecile doesn't mean a large number didn't see him "stand up" to Hillary etc.

So we can conclude that debates do matter... only the definitions of "won" are not always reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 515August 13, 2020 6:07 PM

If they thought Trump "stood up" to Hillary they weren't rational, basically or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 516August 13, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote]Omg, how I miss Sarah "I read all of them" Palin. Trump makes her look brilliant actually. Something about her never came across as mean spirited. I liked her.

No, not mean-spirited in the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517August 13, 2020 6:20 PM

I didn't contradict myself R515

by Anonymousreply 518August 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Because Hillary was only slightly less hated than Trump, R488 and R515, there were indeed many people who were thrilled that he seemed to unnerve and embarrass her during the debates, despite the general consensus that she had "won."

After 165K dead, four years of corruption and "I take no responsibility" no one is going to be glad to see Trump trying to unnerve and embarrass Biden, who is much much much more likable than Hillary.

Outside of the 25%-30% who constitute his hardcore base, people will be rooting for Biden to take down Trump.

by Anonymousreply 519August 13, 2020 7:15 PM

Trump is both committing a federal offense & confessing to it in public.

by Anonymousreply 520August 13, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]Trump is both committing a federal offense & confessing to it in public.

It's hardly the first time.

by Anonymousreply 521August 13, 2020 7:23 PM

Is anyone going to try to stop him? Can the House do anything?

by Anonymousreply 522August 13, 2020 8:06 PM

[quote] But then at 4:42 p.m., a user named Eee302 changed Harris’s first name from “Kamala” to “Cuntala.” Another editor noticed and reversed the change within two minutes, banning Eee302 “because it appears that you are not here to build an encyclopedia.” But in that two-minute span, Google’s busy web crawlers had visited the page—meaning, for a brief time, “Cuntala Harris” was a top search result for anyone searching for the woman just named to the Democratic ticket.

[quote] Last year, in an explicit echo of birtherism, the right-wing troll Jacob Wohl claimed that “Kamala Harris is NOT eligible to be President” because her parents had not been legal residents of the United States for at least five years before her birth. (There is no such requirement.)

[quote] On Fox News Tuesday night, Tucker Carlson was busy mispronouncing Harris’s name (and continuing to do so after being corrected). Dinesh D’Souza was attacking her for what her father has claimed to be a distant relationship to a white Jamaican slave owner.

[quote] By Wednesday morning, the pro-Trump video blogging duo Diamond and Silk were claiming, “Kamala is not even Black. So you know when she talks about racism, that’s why she don’t care about it. She’s not even Black … I don’t know what she is.” And Newsweek ran an op-ed arguing, using a fringe legal theory, that Harris may not be eligible to be vice president.

[quote] As of this writing, the Kamala Harris article on Wikipedia says, accurately: “She is the first African American and the first Asian American to be chosen as the running mate of a major party’s presidential candidate.” That’s after 295 edits and more than 19,000 words of debate in less than 24 hours. All that debate matters; Harris’s Wikipedia article was viewed nearly 8.6 million times on Tuesday and Wednesday alone. But attempts to de-Americanize her background seem likely to survive whatever consensus Wikipedians could reach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523August 13, 2020 8:08 PM

[quote]It is indeed a sad reflection on the Dems and their policies/direction that yet again, the only candidates they can field are of the hold your nose and vote variety.

The fact that you make that comment given who the Republican candidates are makes it laughable. The Rethugs did exactly that - held their noses and voted in 2016 - and they (and the rest of the country) have paid for it ever since. There is no way around the disaster of Trump's presidency. Its lack of achievement is one thing, but the absolute catastrophe that has happened due to the health crisis makes a vote for Trump this year a vote for death and destruction.

by Anonymousreply 524August 13, 2020 9:40 PM

I 100% am voting for Biden this year, nothing will change that.

BUT Dems better have someone ready to primary Kamala in 2024, because she will definitely run again, and no way in hell will I vote for her for potus. The only way she's becoming Pres. is if Joe craps out midway through his term.

by Anonymousreply 525August 13, 2020 11:05 PM

During his press conference today, some reporter asked Trump if he believes the lawyer who is questioning Harris's citizenship. He was careful, but basically said it should be looked into.

by Anonymousreply 526August 13, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote] I HATE THIS SHIT. My dad was born on a military base where my grandfather was stationed and there were conspiracies about his eligibility, obviously Obama birtherism. This is a gross, dark trend in American politics about birth qualification which is all clear and obvious. Stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527August 13, 2020 11:38 PM

^

"This is a gross, dark trend in American politics about birth qualification which is all clear and obvious. "

It's never been a trend with the Democrats, Meg.

by Anonymousreply 528August 13, 2020 11:48 PM

Actually R528, there was a lot of shit talking from our side about Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada.

A lot more from other Rethugs, but we are not without fault here.

by Anonymousreply 529August 13, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote] Dems better have someone ready to primary Kamala in 2024, because she will definitely run again, and no way in hell will I vote for her for potus.

If only I had your ability to look four years into the future and know what the world will be like and what sort of VP Harris will have been.

Got any lottery numbers you can share with us?

by Anonymousreply 530August 13, 2020 11:53 PM

She got her ass handed to her by Tulsi Gabbard. I hope she does better against Pence.

by Anonymousreply 531August 14, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote] no way in hell will I vote for her for potus.

So, should that scenario come to pass, will you be voting for the Republican? Because that’s what your choice will come down to.

by Anonymousreply 532August 14, 2020 12:43 AM

Conservatives have had that clip on an auto-play loop for 48 hours. They are even calling for Tulsi to speak at the GOP convention.

On the other hand, if that is the best they have...

by Anonymousreply 533August 14, 2020 12:44 AM

And look where Tulsi is today.

by Anonymousreply 534August 14, 2020 12:46 AM

Which Democrats in politics were using birtherism on Cruz, r529?

by Anonymousreply 535August 14, 2020 1:00 AM

I'm not R529, but none seriously, R535, from what I can remember. What some people did point out was the hypocrisy of going after Obama while ignoring McCain and Cruz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 14, 2020 1:05 AM

Exactly what R536 said. Why are people pretending there was an entire Dem movement going after Cruz for being born in Canada? I'm so fucking tired of the "both sides" crap when anything said about Cruz was in the context of the attacks on Obama. And BTW, these cunts are questioning Harris' eligibility. Did any Dem do this to Rubio when he ran since both of his parents weren't from here and weren't citizens when he was born? NO. So STFU and stop trying to pretend Dems are anywhere near as vile as Republicans.

Trump went after Cruz, his ugly wife and assassin father.

by Anonymousreply 537August 14, 2020 1:20 AM

"The Texas senator has never shied away from the fact he was born in Canada to an American mother and a Cuban father. But since Donald Trump first questioned Cruz’s eligibility, a cascade of Republicans from John McCain to Rand Paul to Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad have also cast doubt on the constitutionality of Cruz’s candidacy."

All Republicans, r536. My point was that Meghan was using bothsiderism when she used the general phrase "in politics".

by Anonymousreply 538August 14, 2020 1:22 AM

Can American citizens vote in the Canadian elections? Because his mom did.

by Anonymousreply 539August 14, 2020 3:19 AM

r515, I'm with the poster, debates don't matter. The person who wins the most debates doesn't go on to win the election. Even Obama flaked during that first debate against Romney. Oh how we forget. It is one of the worst debate performances of all time.

by Anonymousreply 540August 14, 2020 4:16 AM

r517. I eat Chik-fil-A. I'm sorry hun you need some thicker skin and enjoy a good ol fried chicken sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 541August 14, 2020 4:17 AM

R540, Obama was off his game in the first 2012 debate, but it was not one of the worst debate performances of all time. It was just that people expected Obama to always be a stellar performer

by Anonymousreply 542August 14, 2020 12:16 PM

R542 Exactly. "Expectations" often, even usually, determine who "won" the debate. Obama was expected to demolish Romney in the debate - Romney performed well and Obama seemed less than totally prepared... but an objective debate judge could argue that it was a draw.

by Anonymousreply 543August 14, 2020 2:42 PM

Yep. And Hillary was expected to crush Trump in debates. The media and public graded Trump on a curve just for not making colossal errors during the debate. Polls found that viewers thought Hillary won the debate by a rather slim margin

by Anonymousreply 544August 14, 2020 2:49 PM

R541 - R517 is rightly pointing out that Palin's pointed support for the Chik-Fil-A president was mean spirited-- at a time its president was in the media spotlight for his anti-gay marriage, anti-gay rights, pro-bigotry stance. If you think that's thin-skinned, maybe you shouldn't be in a gay forum.

by Anonymousreply 545August 14, 2020 4:19 PM

Definitely OT, but I do not get the Chik-Fil-A love at all. I mean, I see lines and lines of cars waiting for take out. I tried it a few times (I didn’t inhale!) but found it to be mediocre chicken fried in fatty crap. And their stand on gay rights sealed the deal. I don’t care if it’s the finest food on the planet, I’ll pass.

by Anonymousreply 546August 14, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]I eat Chik-fil-A.

r541 - you should get together with DL fave Erna. She has similar eating habits.

by Anonymousreply 547August 14, 2020 5:06 PM

R546 - Chick-fil-A started off in food courts - at least where I grew up in Florida. The food was always substandard at best and no one expected any more or less than that very low, low food court standard. At the time, you had 3 menu items - fried chicken sandwich, waffle fries and fountain drinks. The chicken was mushy, slimy, often luke-warm and always plagued with questionable tendons/ligaments, etc. Those dreaded waffle fries were usaully cold and under-fried, tasted "off" and everyone knew to avoid the dark areas that you found of half of them as those unsightly parts also tasted really bitter. Yuck. The final and last time that I bothered to patron this C-/ D+ experience was when I was still in high school. I noticed a large, dark shadow under the "opaque" plastic lid of my soda. When I turned it over, to my disgust - I found a huge, spiky American cockroach leg. Needless to say - I've never been back.

R541 - I have a visual of what you both look and sound like and it isn't pretty. Go back to stuffing yourself with low-quality, fattening fast food and stay out of political conversations. I can hear your hissing from here.

by Anonymousreply 548August 14, 2020 7:40 PM

You guys are right. I forgot how venemous the president of Chik-fil-A truly was.

by Anonymousreply 549August 14, 2020 7:57 PM

R548, you’re entitled to your opinion, but if the masses agreed with you, CFA would not have grown to be one of the biggest mega chains in the nation, and become America’s perennial favorite chain. Almost all people I hear talk about their food refer to it in glowing terms, as if it’s the best food they have ever had.

by Anonymousreply 550August 14, 2020 9:30 PM

I couldn't give less of a fuck if they have the best food in the universe. They oppose our rights. That's it. End of story. If you're gay and you eat there you're nothing but a turncoat quisling.

by Anonymousreply 551August 14, 2020 9:42 PM

R550, seriously?? Have you seen the state of health of Americans? I’m sure they love it. It’s fat laden meat.

by Anonymousreply 552August 14, 2020 9:48 PM

When I was 7 yrs old my school to a class trip to a chicken joint. I was the first mixed raced student to have that opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 553August 14, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]It’s fat laden meat.

Well, that's actually not the problem. Have it with a side of salad rather than fries and no breading or bun, and you're good to go.

by Anonymousreply 554August 14, 2020 10:29 PM

Ummm....no r554.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555August 14, 2020 10:34 PM

R555, I was actually just going with a keto defense.

I've never ever been to CFA.

by Anonymousreply 556August 14, 2020 10:39 PM

I think there is also a huge regional difference in taste. Southerners love CFA because it is salty and fried. They also have good sweet tea. That is king in the South. People in the North and Pacific have a very different palate.

by Anonymousreply 557August 14, 2020 11:15 PM

People in the south like phony pickle juice flavoring?

by Anonymousreply 558August 14, 2020 11:19 PM

Fried chicken is huge

by Anonymousreply 559August 15, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]Omg, how I miss Sarah "I read all of them" Palin. Trump makes her look brilliant actually. Something about her never came across as mean spirited. I liked her.

She was a toxic dumbass. I couldn't be happier that her 15 minutes were up long ago.

by Anonymousreply 560August 15, 2020 1:39 AM

She was a gift from heaven R560. John McCain was perhaps the least corrupt Republican in recent memory....or ANY memory in fact? In a party literally infested with scumbags - he seemed like a beacon of decency and goodness. This could have been a tough race (well, W's horrid 8 years of Hell had destroyed a once great Clinton economy so there was that...). Choosing that nut-job, low-qualifications, dumb dumb Palin was literally a gift to Democrats in 2008. She received attention for all of the wrong reasons and tainted his run verses improving his chances in any way. Of course she also launched Tina Fey's career. She should be receiving residuals LOL.

by Anonymousreply 561August 15, 2020 2:29 AM

For awhile I stopped eating at Chick Fil A because they are bigots. Then my office had it catered in one day. Those waffle fries are so fucking good. Anyway, I decided to just live in the matrix when it comes to corporations and corporate donations to political candidates and causes. There would a point where you wouldn't be able to leave your house or buy anything if you started really looking into who is giving to whom and why.

by Anonymousreply 562August 15, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote] Perfect is the enemy of good

Just because you can't do something perfectly doesn't mean you should do nothing. I pay attention to what I buy, and I make good choices whenever possible.

by Anonymousreply 563August 15, 2020 2:38 AM

How did a topic about Kamala Harris devolve into a discussion about bad chicken?

by Anonymousreply 564August 15, 2020 2:43 AM

It's DL, R564. I'm surprised it didn't segue into another discussion of "Follies."

by Anonymousreply 565August 15, 2020 2:57 AM

Lol

by Anonymousreply 566August 15, 2020 3:06 AM

[quote]How did a topic about Kamala Harris devolve into a discussion about bad chicken?

Kamala/chicken? Racism!

by Anonymousreply 567August 15, 2020 3:12 AM

Janelle and Kasar are safe!! Another week. Memphis is targeting David.

by Anonymousreply 568August 15, 2020 3:32 AM

I never tried Chik-Fil-A because I learned about the owner’s politics. They opened in NY after everything was known. How good can it taste? Bigotry takes away from my appetite. I wouldn’t eat my favorIte foods if eating them supported the KKK either. It has nothing to do with being thick-skinned. I am not starving; I have a choice.

by Anonymousreply 569August 15, 2020 3:42 AM

Chick Fil A sucks. Southerners rave about it down here in GA. But its not like they have taste to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 570August 15, 2020 4:01 AM

Midwesterners love it too

by Anonymousreply 571August 15, 2020 4:02 AM

Small town America loves it too

by Anonymousreply 572August 15, 2020 4:02 AM

We finally got Chicka Filla (or whatever) just a few years ago. I avoided it because of the bigotry. I finally ate there when I desperate and starving and it was the nearest place. It wasn't bad. The place was clean and the staff friendly. I've been back a couple of times for the same reasons. The chicken sandwiches are pretty good. I do the same with Crispy Creme donuts. We have one near Chicka Filla and I go into only when I'm in a low, dark place. I love donuts and would eat a half dozen at a time but nope, not good for me.

I always thought the name was pronounced Chick Filla until I finally heard how it was pronounced. Dumb spelling.

by Anonymousreply 573August 15, 2020 4:34 AM

Yeah, we know R571/R572, that's why many of them are obese.

If some place that served kale were anti-gay, I doubt the obese fucks would wait in line to get it to show support. This was an easy way for them to support bigotry - buy fried food

by Anonymousreply 574August 15, 2020 4:56 AM

[quote]Anyway, I decided to just live in the matrix when it comes to corporations and corporate donations to political candidates and causes. There would a point where you wouldn't be able to leave your house or buy anything if you started really looking into who is giving to whom and why.

Remarkable.

The "corporate purpose" listed on the company's website reads: "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come into contact with Chick-fil-A."

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that... We intend to stay the course. We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

by Anonymousreply 575August 15, 2020 8:13 AM

r567, Ppl in Southern California love Chik-fil-A. STFU u stankin ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 576August 15, 2020 8:46 AM

R575 - God, how gag-inducing. Great reason to avoid fattening, fried fast food.

by Anonymousreply 577August 15, 2020 9:06 AM

r562, You read my mind. Plus the way I see it, some companies still hold on to values. Its nice to see Chik-Fil-A still upholds that even if it means they interpret the Bible literally. Sue me. I went to Catholic school growing up. I'm probably scarred for life.

by Anonymousreply 578August 15, 2020 9:10 AM

Values like taking care of the poor (where do donations go again?), tending the sick (do employees get health care? does the company support Obamacare?), treating others as you would like to be treated ('nuff said)?

by Anonymousreply 579August 15, 2020 9:35 AM

And R579 for the win. WW. And in other news - thank God that Biden chose Senator Harris. Her strengths balance his flaws out perfectly as was expected over a year ago; they are an amazing team. If we can fight off this rampant GOP cheating - I think we have it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 580August 15, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote]if the masses agreed with you, CFA would not have grown to be one of the biggest mega chains in the nation, and become America’s perennial favorite chain.

R550, what accomplished that was Dan Cathy's statements against gays, and the resulting front in the culture wars it created. 𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑠 are who started reliably patronizing them, and far-righters. Objectively speaking from a food standpoint, their products aren't better than anyone else's, but truthfully the people who claim "it’s the best food they have ever had" are speaking of an ineffable quality which only they can appreciate - its bigotry.

[quote]Its nice to see Chik-Fil-A still upholds that even if it means they interpret the Bible literally.

Literal interpretations of the bible are 𝑛𝑜𝑡 nice to see, R578.

by Anonymousreply 581August 15, 2020 9:53 AM

[quote]Its nice to see Chik-Fil-A still upholds that even if it means they interpret the Bible literally. Sue me. I went to Catholic school growing up. I'm probably scarred for life.

Yes, intolerance is a beautiful thing to behold. No question about your being damaged for life, R578.

by Anonymousreply 582August 15, 2020 6:17 PM

Kinda fascinating how little reaction overall this has gotten. Sure, some rhapsodizing from the KHive types and some foaming from the usual far-right suspects, but overall people seem kind of unaffected either way. Wonder what that means for the stretch through voting day.

by Anonymousreply 583August 15, 2020 11:59 PM

[quote]if the masses agreed with you, CFA would not have grown to be one of the biggest mega chains in the nation, and become America’s perennial favorite chain.

Oh, please. This country is predominantly fat and unhealthy. If they suddenly changed the name to "Tofu-lay" and only served vegan food, but kept the "churchy" stuff, they'd lose business. If they kept the menu the same, opened on Sundays and dropped the religious stuff, they wouldn't lose business. They'd make even more money with Sunday.

It's about their food. Period. Most Americans like unhealthy garbage.

by Anonymousreply 584August 16, 2020 12:31 AM

[quote]Kinda fascinating how little reaction overall this has gotten. Sure, some rhapsodizing from the KHive types and some foaming from the usual far-right suspects, but overall people seem kind of unaffected either way. Wonder what that means for the stretch through voting day.

I don't think there are very many fence-sitters this time around, and most of us are probably just relieved that he didn't go with a wild-card pick that would have left people questioning Biden's judgment. The most important goal of this election is to get Satan out of the White House. This is not the time to quibble over minor issues like a VP'S personality traits.

by Anonymousreply 585August 16, 2020 7:06 AM

[quote]Kinda fascinating how little reaction overall this has gotten. Sure, some rhapsodizing from the KHive types and some foaming from the usual far-right suspects, but overall people seem kind of unaffected either way. Wonder what that means for the stretch through voting day.

I don't think there are very many fence-sitters this time around, and most of us are probably just relieved that he didn't go with a wild-card pick that would have left people questioning Biden's judgment. The most important goal of this election is to get Satan out of the White House. This is not the time to quibble over minor issues like a VP'S personality traits.

by Anonymousreply 586August 16, 2020 7:06 AM

JUST IN: Kamala Harris to visit Arizona on Wednesday: #abc15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 26, 2020 2:35 PM

I understand he had to choose Kamala for optics, but Duckworth would have been such a better pick. Kamala is a lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 588October 26, 2020 2:38 PM

And Duckworth is a dead weight who would have insured his loss.

by Anonymousreply 589October 26, 2020 2:40 PM

I liked Duckworth or Susan Rice much better, Kamala is phony. Her new put-on African-American southern accent and “I was That Little Girl” t-shirt selling ... ugh. Still voted for Biden though.

by Anonymousreply 590October 26, 2020 2:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!