Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are motorcycle riders pieces of shit?

The Sturgis Rally in the middle of the pandemic is only seeming to prove what I have long suspected - people who ride motorcycles are pieces of shit who deserve death. If any of you know of courteous, well-adjusted, fully-employed, socially progressive, clean-cut, bathes daily-type individuals who are not mostly made of Twinkie creme. ass hair and tattoo ink, and who are able to drive quietly down a country lane and/or obey the laws of freeway traffic, let me know, because I don't think I've ever seen one.

All I've ever seen are multi-colored zoo animals with beer-bellies suggestive of camel's humps, perched atop rumbling smog-making machines, burbling their way in packs of 20 and 30 through towns that swiftly come to hate them.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2020 4:45 AM

I'm totally fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 8:03 PM

What goes "Beep! Beep! Beep! Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" ?

#1 A motorcycle passing you illegally!

#2 A ventilator with a motorcycle owner dying horribly on it!

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 8:12 PM

It’s a stereotype, an image. You can’t change these loud and boisterous motherfuckers. I very rarely see one that doesn’t look or behave like anything else other than a Neanderthal. And I see plenty of these ‘murica assholes from my balcony, overlooking the beach road.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 8:13 PM

YES, every last one of them is a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 8:13 PM

R2, I’ll pick # 2 please. It just sounds and feels better.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 8:14 PM

A few weeks ago a contingent was rolling through town and stopped for gas at the station. One of these porkers (they're always Macy's-Santa sized) filled his bike, left it parked in front of the pumps, went into the convenience shop, got himself a sandwich and a soda, and proceeded to eat his lunch while parked at the pump, with a string of cars backed up behind him. Al the while he was smiling his greasy grin of "Yeah, I'm so tough! I do what I want!" as if the reluctance of the mom with three kids in the car waiting behind him to engage with him was proof of his raw unfettered masculinity.

I think, given the bulk of his flab, a sudden unexpected shove would have toppled and summarily KO'd the fucker, but there you go.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Every time one of them zooms by me at 80 miles an hour while swerving through traffic, I think, I know I should be sad if they get in a horrible accident. But I won’t really.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 8:39 PM

Nothing fills me with more road range than a swarm of this feral, ugly cunts doing that "The Freeway is a video game" act where they pass between cars who are actually in the act of passing. I assume statistically some of them must die horribly doing that shit.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 8:49 PM

“If any of you know of courteous, well-adjusted, fully-employed, socially progressive, clean-cut, bathes daily-type individuals who are not mostly made of Twinkie creme. ass hair and tattoo ink, and who are able to drive quietly down a country lane and/or obey the laws of freeway traffic, let me know, because I don't think I've ever seen one.“

You’re describing scooter owners. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 8:52 PM

For a while, California ran a series of ads about how you should watch out for motorcycles. It was a while ago, so I can’t remember exactly what they said, but I remember feeling like, “Oh, so now I’m responsible for their irresponsible behavior.”

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 8:57 PM

you're just a rancid, fly-blown sack of hate, arncha, OP?

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 9:04 PM

No, the L.A. chapter of Hell's Angels actually helped one of my friends out of the closet-went as far to go to a bookstore with him and buy a book about coming out.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 10:39 PM

And they pulled a train on him.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]Are motorcycle riders pieces of shit?

By and large.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 10:45 PM

There are a lot seemingly rage filled motor losers in my city. I want to hang trip wire across my road, but don’t want to get caught.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 11:01 PM

They're constantly falling to their death on the Angeles Crest Highway. Just look for the white cross memorials abutted by dead flowers and empty beer cans.

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 11:09 PM

My biggest surprise moving to California was to discover that lane-splitting was legal.

It is insane.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 11:34 PM

Was having breakfast at a restaurant in Griffith Park when I heard a swarm of motorcycles pull into the parking lot. Great I thought a bunch of fat obnoxious Harley riders to ruin my breakfast. But my surprise they weren’t driving Harley’s but Japanese motorcycles and when they took off their helmets they were all African-American. An African-American motorcycle club, that’s different, I’m sure they exist but this was my first encounter. And then the big surprise was it was a gay African-American motorcycle club. Really nice guys, we are chatted with them, so yeah I’ve met a nice group of motorcycles guys, albeit very different from your typical group.

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 11:50 PM

They’re dicks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2020 12:05 AM

R17 - so true. I don't know what other states allow this but for the uninitiated, motorcycles are allowed to pass you ON THE LANE LINE.

They can drive down the road through traffic on the lane line and it is legal. I don't know the specifics of the law, but they get really fucking close and it's very unnerving.

Imagine you are in one lane, there's a car in the lane next to you, then multiple motorcycles pass you on either your left or right.

California is progressive in so many ways - but this one is batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2020 12:12 AM

R20, I'm so used to that 'lane splitting' happening all my life, I didn't even realize it was not a thing elsewhere!

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2020 12:14 AM

R21 it's only legal in California. Some states have introduced legislation or don't have any legislation against it - but it is truly only legal in CA.

For anyone outside of CA, it is the wildest and most dangerous looking shit you've ever seen.

I used to think it was legal to do this only when traffic was at a stop - that makes a little sense. But no. I've seen it at 80mph.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2020 12:21 AM

I’ve been told that doctors call motorcycles “donor cycles.”

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 12:23 AM

R22 when they’re splitting lanes they’re only allowed to go 10 miles an hour faster than the traffic around them. But they rarely do.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2020 12:34 AM

I was a waiter at Markos heritage inn in Daytona during bike week circa 1984 . Loud,filthy obnoxious scumbags doesnt even begin to describe most bikers. BUT..I made more money waiting on those pigs in 2 weeks than I did in the previous 3 months . I will never forget this one table full of fat,dirty old fugs and their hideous old ladies . Hagsville ! They ran me ragged,teased me unmercifully,left a huge mess and a stack of 100s on the table. Right above the table was a stuffed marlin and they had stuck a gigantic joint in its mouth to boot. Every one of those women hugged the shit out of me when they left and told me I was the best waiter theyd ever had. More than one copped a feel of my ass while they were doing so. It taught me a valuable lesson...people react to how they think you perceive them .So even if they repulse you,hide it very well and be nice .Not for nothing I always made more money waiting tables than the majority of my co workers.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2020 1:13 AM

R25 - this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2020 1:16 AM

R26 YES ! Oh wow ! That brings back a ton of memories !

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2020 1:19 AM

The rider of motor bicycle is NOT very generous tippers. Worse than the Jew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2020 1:22 AM

Most bikers are swingers and the biker clique is an assortment of outcasts and perverts.

I however do realize this is Datalounge and some of you believe in being sexually promiscuous.

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2020 1:30 AM

R29, that might be hot -- if they were attractive, and it involved man-man sex and not gross, out-of-shape Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2020 1:36 AM

R19 Wharever happened to the motorcyclist and the drivers. There could have easily been fatalities with the truck that overturned.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2020 1:40 AM

R30 That's not my bag baby - lol - but take heed of what R25 told us - the women are from Hagsville and the men aren't much better with both sexes having bad hair, bad teeth and bad breath!

by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2020 1:46 AM

r31, if only there was some magical electronic research instrument that you could utilize:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2020 1:50 AM

I would love to know why motorcycle owners have to sit in the driveway and rev and run their loud engine for at least 10 min before leaving. Is that a thing?

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2020 1:58 AM

"I’ve been told that doctors call motorcycles “donor cycles.” "

Sadly the helmet laws greatly reduced those organ donors - they can no longer be declared brain dead and harvested.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2020 2:00 AM

I had a vintage Ducati 250 that I road out in the desert, and I had friends with cool bikes, like restored Indians, old Triumphs and 1950's BMW's. They were nothing like this crowd of fatties at Sturgiss.

Think Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves, who both have great collection of vintage bikes.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2020 2:02 AM

Yes, they’re all arrogant pieces of shit and usually have no manners or respect. I constantly see them swerve in and out of lanes with little notice without even bothering to signal. I’ve also seen them park on sidewalks because they think they’re special.😡

I agree with the poster who said the revving up the engines for 10 minutes is fucking annoying. They must do it to make up for their small dicks or something and they think it makes them cool.🙄

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2020 2:04 AM

hahahahahha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2020 2:08 AM

I remember sitting down with a friend to lunch at a summer place as a couple opposite was finishing their meals. They left just as our meals arrived; got on a motorcycle parked outside, backed it up to the restaurant, which was open to the sidewalk, gunned the engine, blew a cloud of smog all over the room and took off without a backward glance.

They may have been genuinely unaware of any issue, but it does not speak volumes about driver sensitivity.

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2020 2:11 AM

Haha R33 I'm not at home and looked on my phone. I will look at the video on my computer later this evening. Give a guy a break!

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2020 2:16 AM

I have been posting this for years and years and years here on DL:

Bikers Suck.

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2020 2:27 AM

R34 My office is located 1/4 of a block from a lumber yard.

During the summer, almost every weekday, at 5pm, when everyone at the yard is leaving work, there's one dick who revs his motorcycle for a good 15 minutes. When he finally tears out of the parking lot, the sound is amplified by ricocheting off every flat surface in our locale. You can even hear the motocycle in the distance for a 5 minutes after he's driven off.

Gawd, it's irritating and completely unnecessary. Talk about noise pollution. Can't wait for fall/winter to arrive.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2020 2:34 AM

R38 Love that video! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2020 2:34 AM

Yeah my jerk neighbor does this 10 min rev job all the time and the sound reverberates through the house.

I used to feel bad when I heard about motorcycle accidents, but I figure many are the result of being an an asshole on the road.

Motorcyclists run around with a big chip on their shoulder about motorists not respecting them on the highway, yet take every opportunity to be a complete dick.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2020 2:43 AM

A friend of mine had a baby that would be woken up by the loud revving. She put an anonymous and polite letter on his door, explaining the situation and asking if he could exit on his bike a little more quietly.

Not only did he start gunning the engine, he would peel out, which woke up the baby, of course.

by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2020 2:47 AM

A fair amount of them do charity motorcycle ride so they aren’t all bad.

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2020 2:50 AM

R46 - doesn't make up for the noise pollution or the attitudes.

If you live near any intersection, it is going to be the motorcycles that wake you up and night - never cars.

They need to make laws about the noise - it's a nuisance.

And my brother died in a motorcycle accident - after 2 serious accidents in the prior 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2020 3:05 AM

A former bf of mine rode motorcycles. He was a liberal, out gay man - not a deplorable at all. That said, most of the assholes in Sturgis do seem terrible

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2020 3:08 AM

Most of these people score high on tests of psychopathy, so it’s no surprise they’d choose such a dangerous, offensive hobby.

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2020 3:17 AM

Bravo to whoever is doing the Melania posts lately.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2020 3:17 AM

I read Hunter S Thompson “Hells Angels” and got obsessed. I then befriended a local biker gang, under the auspices of writing about them, and am still friends with them years later. They are real sweethearts and also into liberal politics and weed. What’s the downside of that? I’m a sucker for all that James Dean shit.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2020 3:23 AM

No matter where you live, some fat cunt will ride through at 10:30 at night on his loud motorcycle.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2020 3:40 AM

Many of today’s bikers are all trumpers. Fuck ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2020 3:46 AM

I'd happily present my hole to these hairy smelly bears.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2020 7:04 AM

R54 = Marco Rubio

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2020 8:13 AM

R45 People still say "peel out"? lol

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2020 8:17 AM

I've known individual motorcycle riders I quite liked. That said, a high percentage seem to be antisocial jerks. I lived briefly near the South Loop in Houston. Around 3-4 o'clock in the morning I would be awakened by a high-pitched whining sound I couldn't identify. A neighbor explained it was motorcycle riders racing on the freeway.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2020 8:51 AM

[quote]people who ride motorcycles are pieces of shit who deserve death

Literally every human being is described on Datalounge as "deserving to die" nowadays, it's just constant. I know most of the people saying that are trolls but I still can't imagine being an emotionally healthy person and saying something like that repeatedly, day in and day out.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2020 9:47 AM

A new neighbor has a friend who rides a motorcycle and does the 10-minute idling and revving thing, too, but it seems to have stopped now that the weather is warm. Makes me wonder if it's kind of necessary in colder months.

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2020 9:53 AM

Because people who drive cars are absolute fucking saints...

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2020 11:11 AM

I have to warm up my bike r59, as it's older and takes a while to get going in the cold. I don't rev it though.

by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2020 11:34 AM

I live across from a traditional Italian "Moto" cafe on the main street of a very liberal upstate NY town, and hang out in the outside cafe part almost every day. I've gotten to know many of the riders and often overhear their conversations, for years. I can assure you there are plenty of swell, wonderful people who are motorcycle fanatics. In fact from my perspective, I'd say most are! All the ones I encounter hate Trump. But the loud, awful ones are always going to steal the national spotlight I guess. Those type don't come to the cafe, or if they do to get their motorcycle repaired, they calm down and behave. Motorcycle culture is very "oddball, " I'll say that.

by Anonymousreply 62August 12, 2020 11:55 AM

I don’t know a lot about motorcycles, but it does seem like some motorcycles are able to operate without disturbing everyone within a two mile radius.

And I’m not talking about regular engine noise,which would be fine, but rather that dull rumbling or loud whine that seems to be indicative of no muffler or something that allows/makes it to be noisier than other bikes. It seems akin to the idiots who put giant amps and subwoofers in the trunk some rattletrap POS car—you can’t say it’s just about the music.

by Anonymousreply 63August 12, 2020 1:10 PM

To this day I still want to own a motorcycle. I know they are death traps and all but it looks like so much FUN! The closest I’ve gotten is renting a moped here and there. Had a lot of fun with that. I won’t let myself get one though they’re just way too dangerous. And people don’t see you on the road. A lot of motorcycles are loud because they need to be heard because a lot of people don’t see them. It’s a safety precaution for them.

I don’t condone them being unnecessarily loud. Or revving their engine constantly and waking up babies and setting off alarms. That’s just ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 64August 12, 2020 5:17 PM

But at least they tend to have classy chicks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 12, 2020 5:25 PM

^ Babe Paley would be jealous of that chic style maven

by Anonymousreply 66August 12, 2020 5:51 PM

Driving on a country road with a cavalcade of them in front of you is the worst. They go below the speed limit and there are too many of them grouped up too tightly to allow any overtaking, which means you're going miles and miles at a slow pace with no option but to either poke along or pull over and wait five minutes to continue proceeding.

by Anonymousreply 67August 12, 2020 6:00 PM

R62 You *must* be talking about Moto in Hudson, NY.

by Anonymousreply 68August 12, 2020 11:53 PM

For what it's worth, people with older or antique bikes seem to be quite different. They're interested in it as a machine or a work of engineering as opposed to a lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2020 1:22 AM

R68 Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2020 1:31 AM

Do any of you realize that the top professionals ( not these) year of bikers that go to Sturgis are doctors and lawyers? Google it

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2020 1:43 AM

The idiot manages to mention every QAnon online conspiracy in this interview. Are they all bucking for an invite to The White House or what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2020 1:50 AM

So glad that Rolling Thunder is no more.

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2020 2:35 AM

R71 did you mean to say that the doctor and lawyer bikers did not attend this year?

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2020 4:56 AM

I posted above about how my brother died in a motorcycle accident - albeit not his fault.

I can confirm there are a lot of respectable, professional types who go to Sturgis. My brother was one of them.

Sturgis is really like a Northern Margaritaville - mainly people 40+ - and all types. But a lot the bad types too. My brother, although relatively wealthy and a professional, liked to hang out with Hells Angels for some reason. It's that 'cool by association' bullshit.

Like guns, if you restrict male motorcycle and gun ownership for 35 and over, there would be very little problems. Still a few problems - but probably a 90% reduction in motorcyle accidents, gun murders, etc.

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2020 5:16 AM

Whenever I see someone riding a motorcycle unobtrusively......................it's always a foreign film or TV series.

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Motocross is definitely not a sport for bums. Actually you have to be well off to afford to compete. It has professional and amateur divisions. Look it up. Started in UK and is also popular in US.

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2020 5:35 AM

Motocross is definitely not a sport for bums. Actually you have to be well off to afford to compete. It has professional and amateur divisions. Look it up. Started in UK and is also popular in US.

by Anonymousreply 78August 13, 2020 5:35 AM

[quote}Do any of you realize that the top professionals ( not these) year of bikers that go to Sturgis are doctors and lawyers?

R71 And most of them are acting out their repressions by pretending to be big, loud bikers. Then they go home to their wife and kids. These rallies are like cosplay to these assholes.

by Anonymousreply 79August 13, 2020 5:50 AM

R65 - that’s an American thing. Obviously the Trump shit but also the general desperation and delusion. Fat fucks on overdressed Harleys.

by Anonymousreply 80August 13, 2020 5:51 AM

I'm going to go for my motorcycle lesson - you all better be off the roads so I don't have to fear for my life from you crazy, road-hogging truck drivers.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote]Fat fucks on overdressed Harleys.

What about the overdressed fucks on fat Harleys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2020 6:32 AM

Most of them are. I dated a few and only one of them was actually a cool person. The rest are festering shit stains.

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2020 6:38 AM

R82 that fella looks like he has led quite an interesting life!

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Amateurs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2020 11:33 AM

I don't know if it's a symptom of the lockdown or what, but I've been hearing whole platoons of them roar through my neighborhood, including down my street, pretty much nightly this summer, even around 9 or 10 pm. Takes them a while to clear out so there must be a lot (I haven't looked out the window to count them). They should all take a wrong turn into the river.

by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2020 11:40 AM

I think it’s symptomatic of American culture that fetishizes being a “rebel” and entitled individualism above the general good.

This is usually kept in check to some degree by laws and social norms, but Trump has given license to a lot of innate selfish bullshit in people, and it manifests itself most visibly among the entitled shithead milieu such as suburban Karens, conservative anti-maskers, and motorcycle culture. It’s always about personal rights, and very little about social responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2020 11:55 AM

Has America not got any female bikers? Surely they are nice?

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2020 4:34 AM

r88, they are mostly crude redneck chicks

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2020 4:35 AM

There’s the org Dykes on Bikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2020 4:43 AM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2020 4:44 AM

Ha! I regret asking.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2020 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!