Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sage Advice for Gay Youths

Dump the fag hags, before they dump you.

If you’re going to demand a certain demographic sleep with another demographic be willing to sleep with those demographics yourself.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2020 4:05 PM

[quote]Dump the fag hags, before they dump you.

Only if you see them as "fag hags" and not actual friends.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 6:42 PM

Use commas judiciously.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 6:47 PM

Be muscular and attractive if you want to bottom.

Fatties will get nothing.

Make money.

Take Prep and get checked for STIs every 3 months.

It’s kill or be killed. Accept it and plan accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 7:06 PM

Arm yourselves, the coming years are going to be very nasty and it's possible a lot of the stupider low-tier heteros might decide to take their problems out on us.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 7:11 PM

Always dreamed of a tough soft-butch but glamorous Moll eldermother as a mentor - a woman who takes no shit, is hard as nails and street smart but has a tenderness when it comes to nurturing younger women.

Maybe it’s too late for me, I don’t know. I grew up without any happy Out gay relatives, and didn’t come out myself until a few years ago. Doesn’t help that I live somewhere with very few gay people around (or at least, not living openly), and no places to congregate or seek advice.

Not to sound like a Yoga Frau, but I’m thankful to be basically healthy and safe and feel uncomfortable asking for more. However, my last therapist took issue with this attitude, and said that my mindset was limiting and impoverishing - that life was for living and I needed to make the most of it. She’s probably right, as when it comes to my life as a productive enjoyable profitable and full experience? I have to admit that the plan has been a fucking shambles.

My DL Uncles have been beyond brilliant in my darker moments and I owe them so much, possibly even my life; even still, sometimes it’s cold and lonely on the dyke side, and I could use all the lesbian help I can get.

I’m 27 now (is that Sister George territory?), but I still feel like a baby learning to walk in many respects because I didn’t have a liberating gay adolescence, and didn’t have any guidance with work or independent life from my family or school either. I don’t feel I have much advice to give actual babydykes, other than “come Out and leave your family ASAP no matter what”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 7:27 PM

Don’t fall for any of your straight friends. You’ll only be setting yourself up for heartbreak if you do. Oh, and learn how to douche properly if you’re gonna get into bottoming.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 7:46 PM

If you're young and on DL, all hope for you is lost.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 10:19 PM

This thread is going to end up like an episode of VICIOUS, isn’t it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2020 3:16 PM

That second sentence is verging on woodchuck, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 3:18 PM

Why bother with advice. Gay youth are nasty selfish narcissists, they don't deserve guidance and they wouldn't take advice anyway because they know everything already. Let them suffer

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2020 3:23 PM

Try your best not to lust after straight men, and don't think of them as the default setting - you'll find few, if any, gay men comparable and will be subjecting yourself to a lifetime of disappointment.

For bottoms: the dating scene has changed and is now mostly online, which allows an age filter, and the vast majority of tops will filter out over 30, so make sure you're in a long term relationship by then.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote]R10 If you’re going to demand a certain demographic sleep with another demographic be willing to sleep with those demographics yourself.

I would, conversely, tell them not to take gibberish as advice.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2020 4:06 PM

r11 it was 30 in the '00s, now it's 35 because more guys are taking better care of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2020 4:51 PM

Mix with people of different ages. (and cultures) Not everyone is bitter, and subject to sweeping negative generalisations about young people. Many of us enjoy your company, and are grateful to you for helping us stay up-to-date on things like the music scene, contemporary culture, tech, etc. You'll prove much more interesting and well rounded by having older, more mature friends. Befriend those younger as well, and try to impart any wisdom you've gleaned.

People in different stages of life oft have different things to offer, based on their own struggles and successes. Ageism sucks. Cool, interesting, worthwhile companions have absolutely nothing to do with age.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Be careful of wigs.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2020 6:30 PM

Watch out for women friends. Many of them are only fair weather friends and might not stick with you in times of need. They also tend to drop their gay friends once they find a straight man who wants them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2020 3:29 PM

Hate yourself less. Appreciate more.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote]If you’re going to demand a certain demographic sleep with another demographic be willing to sleep with those demographics yourself.

I can't even begin to fathom what OP is trying to say here. Translation?

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2020 3:41 PM

Bisexual men will break your heart. Sorry but it's true.

Come out as soon as you graduate college at the latest. You will regret wasting your youth because youth is the most valuable commodity in the gay community,. Money and looks can be somewhat improved, time can not.

Come out early so you can learn how to manage an honest relationship outside of the closet. Best to get over heartbreaks and losers early. I've seen too many 35 year old men break down like teenagers over a 3-month (or less) relationship. You need to build your emotional maturity.

Make work a priority. Most men will end up alone and childless. No one is going to care about you or likely want to take care of you when you're old. Plan your life with that in mind, but hope for the best.

Have sex! Virginity is overrated. Women have realized the foolishness of that trope for decades. Don't have to be a hoe, but don't pass up good dick over dreams of waiting for "the-one". The memories of that hot fuck will last you a lifetime and there will be many "Ones" that turn out to be nothing. Best to enjoy life as it comes.

Get off the internet and engage in society.

Stay safe. Prep is fine but condoms + Prep is better with strangers. Lots of STD can not be cured and can derail your health.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2020 3:42 PM

Gay youths? Don't buy into the bizarre and narrow "top vs bottom" polarities that seem to obsess some Boomer gays. (Unless you really believe this to be true for yourself.)

If you're 100% top or bottom, great. But realize that many other men are versatile, preferring one role with one partner, a different role with another. Some men don't particularly care for anal sex, or any kind of penetrative sex at all. Some are polyamorous.

And taking on one role doesn't have anything to do with your value or your sexual desirability.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2020 4:00 PM

Oh, I definitely understood what he was insinuating with that, R18. It's a reference to minorities.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2020 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!