Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are there gay matchmakers?

Not dating apps, but actual old-timey matchmakers with their own connections who set you up for potential marriage. Ones devoted exclusively to gay guys, not straight ones that take on a few gays clients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 2:36 PM

Yes. I don't know anything specific about it, but when a friend of mine was visiting from NYC he got a call from a woman who was professionally trying to set him up with a young Asian man in search of an older, cultivated, financially established gentleman in the city. Their conversation seemed pleasant but pretty matter-of-fact ("I'm mostly a top," etc.). I think an initial dinner date ended up being planned.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 1:05 PM

Of course, especially in big cities. The gay community is too interconnected to not have matchmakers.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 1:50 PM

Yes, Rentmen.com.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Can you give a name of one, R1 or R2?

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 2:23 PM

Bravo used to have a show with a terrible woman who would "matchmake" for rich straights as well as rich gays. She made sure to tell her gay clients not to have sex on the first date (she did that by pointing to her mouth and then pointing to her asshole) since everyone knows that gay men are sex-crazed maniacs who need to be reminded that fellatio and anal sex are considered "sex" by normal people.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 2:25 PM

What is the point? The number of men looking for anything but a good fuck is minuscule.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 2:28 PM

"She made sure to tell her gay clients not to have sex on the first date (she did that by pointing to her mouth and then pointing to her asshole)"

That made me burst out laughing! Is there a clip of that somewhere? What show was this R5?

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!