Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The cashier was rude to me. I was wearing a Pro-America Anti-Trump face mask.

I hate today.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 2:20 PM

Fuck the cashier OPšŸ–•šŸ¼Today can only get better.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 6:57 AM

If you think they support Trump, you should've said " You don't make enough to be a Republican, so get over yourself."

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Makes sense, thanks, you two:)

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 7:27 AM

OP, just think - the cashier is going to wake up on November 4th pissed off that Trump lost and he/she will still be a cashier in the grocery store.

You, on the other hand, will be thrilled that Trump lost and probably hungover and sore from all the fabulous election night celebration sex you had.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 8:03 AM

R4 Denigrating working class people that are keeping your fat useless ass fed during this pandemic at their own risk sure seems like a healthy and normal way to boost your own self esteem.

[quote] Election night celebration sex is a thing, right?

Provided you can find someone willing to have sex with such an elitist prick, sure.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 8:31 AM

Shouldn't you be out helping the proletariat do something or other, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 8:47 AM

Maybe youā€™re just an asshole, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 10:03 AM

If it is going to bother you, I suggest you keep your politics quiet, Put that face mask away, OP.

Of course if the cashier had said that to me, they would have received a 5 minutes rant about the Liar In Chief..

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 10:19 AM

"Oh I'm sorry, Miss, I thought you Trump supporters were big fans of Free Speech. Guess not!"

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Yeah, R5, I'm getting real fed up with holier-than-thou people like you acting like we're not supposed to criticize a Trumpster if they're working class.

Especially since it sounds like so many of you haven't spent a day being working class in your life. I'm working class and will never NOT be working class, and I'd say something similar to what R4 said myself. You gonna tell me how my working class ass is being bigoted against my own kind?

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 10:54 AM

I expressed an opinion and somebody was rude about it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 10:56 AM

The people who bother me are the ones not wearing masks or wearing them inproperly and/or not practicing social distancing. My masks are all plain.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 11:10 AM

^*improperly

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 11:11 AM

Thatā€™s the risk you take, OP. Donā€™t be a pussy all your life.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 11:11 AM

Thereā€™s a reason sheā€™s a cashier

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 11:12 AM

why does everyone feel the need to politicize masks?

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 11:28 AM

Whatever happened to not discussing religion or politics in polite society?

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Does no one ever remember Saint Edina?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 11:35 AM

Polite society died about four years ago. I mourn it.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 11:35 AM

R8 [quote] Of course if the cashier had said that to me,

Did the OP even tell us what she said? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 11:37 AM

Thank you, R20. I was wondering the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 11:43 AM

Good for you for wearing it. It takes balls, OP. But donā€™t expect everyone to be nice to you if you choose to wear something very controversial. Simple as that. Ignore the haters with pride or just wear another mask.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 12:04 PM

OP, what does a 'Pro-America Anti-Trump face mask' look like?

You are 'Pro-America' but Anti-'Make-America-Great-Again'?

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 12:07 PM

There's too much info missing from this story for me to form my much needed opinion.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 12:13 PM

R10 It's not that you're being told it's wrong to criticize Trumpsters if they're working class šŸ™„ it's that you are criticizing that job position, coming across as pompous -- but you know this, don't you? There's definitely an elitist attitude on DL sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 12:21 PM

What others have said. If you don't want to provoke others, don't wear items with provocative statements.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 12:38 PM

.00000001/100

Try harder. OP.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 12:40 PM

I'm with R20. There's nothing in OP's post to suggest the clerk was rude because of the hat. Based on OP's reaction to not being fellated at the checkout by a hot guy, I imagine OP was just an asshole and received an asshole response that provoked a childish post ("I hate today; I'm frightened").

Now I expect OP to show up and engage in some creative writing on here to diminish a blue collar worker who probably just didn't have time for OP's nonsense ("only nickels - no quarters!").

But OP is officially OVER!

Alternatively, OP is just another Boris getting the reaction here that Boris wants.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 1:55 PM

R2 There are LOTS of lower income Trump supporters, so the notion that "poor" = Democrat is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote]OP, what does a 'Pro-America Anti-Trump face mask' look like? You are 'Pro-America' but Anti-'Make-America-Great-Again - '?

You think Trump having a faux patriotic slogan makes Trump "Pro-American"? Check the label ON that dumb hat with that bullshit slogan and tell me where it's made. And no one normal who has listened to that fascist moron who knows nothing about the constitution and clearly thinks like some third world dictator and wishes he could kill any American who displeases him, knows there is nothing remotely American or patriotic about him. He would've done business with the Bin laden family while the towers were coming down if he knew no one would find out. His patriotism and his religion are $$$$.

Another rocket scientist @R29. No shit Sherlock. The point is that they have no business being Republicans when they can't afford to be one. They need to be reminded that their delusions of who they are has no resemblance to reality. They're too poor to vote Republican and they embarrass themselves when they do because the GOP policies are not for them. They're failures as human beings for voting to benefit rich others while thinking they're hurting non-white others.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote] [R10] It's not that you're being told it's wrong to criticize Trumpsters if they're working class šŸ™„ it's that you are criticizing that job position, coming across as pompous -- but you know this, don't you? There's definitely an elitist attitude on DL sometimes.

Spoken like a lowly cretin that would deign to work in a grocery store and have the nerve not to compliment my bespoke Pro-America Anti-Trump face mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 2:11 PM

You should have spoken to their manager.šŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote] I was wearing a Pro-America Anti-Trump face mask.

Obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 2:13 PM

I don't like message t-shirts, why would I want to identify with or object to messages written across people's masks. Give me a fucking second's break from coronavirus without making it a billboard.

No matter how fucking clever you think your mask is, any mask is, it's not persuasive.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 2:17 PM

Why is that obnoxious? If these Republican fucks can wear Confederate Flag masks then I see no problem with an Anti Trump mask.

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 2:17 PM

I've seen so many OPs like this. Is it the same person starting one new thread after another, or there a DL type that composes random questions like these?

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 2:19 PM

There's an app for it, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 2:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!