Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Tour Giorgio Armani’s House in Antigua

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 2:44 PM

What’s the point of cliffside? No beach... What’s the point?

Good hooker dumping?

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 3:26 AM

It's too close to the water...I always think it's gonna fall in. It probably will...eventually

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 3:28 AM

I like the house. I don't like the decor. Yes, it's very luxe and very Armani but it's so cold and sterile for a vacation house in Antigua.

It doesn't have to be full on Tiki Hut but it could be a bit more relaxed and beachy.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 4:30 AM

A nice wood sign that said ‘BEACH’ would be cute, maybe could hot glue some seashells on it...?

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 5:05 AM

Looks like a hotel.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 7:18 AM

The puppet from Ed Sullivan owns a house in Antigua?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 7:27 AM

A few of his Armani Casa furniture pieces can look good (I own a couple of his lamps and quite a few of his Murano glass pieces), but an entire room of Armani's drab furniture often looks really cold and unappealing. This is a great example of that.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 7:42 AM

Ugh. Demonstrative Good Taste run amok.

The lanai at pic 6 is nice, and so is the poolside area. The rest is a joyless lead blanket of gray -- what a waste.

But it's still better than what he did to his Swiss chalet, where all those angles and that dark wood make an already cold environment absolutely glacial. Talk about working against a space! AD has a feature in that one too, if you want to check it out.

But I still love his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 8:32 AM

All of Armani's heliotropic homes are the same, and we've seen them before, since 1980 at least: the same blue-grey palette, the same shadowy rooms with the same shadows from the same venetian blinds/plantation shutters, the same tailored suit fabrics.

So luxurious, so boring. This is what happens when you design on principal and unwavering rules, you get a collection of vastly expensive houses in some of the most desirable spots in the world and all look exactly the same, just like the Giorgio Armani Hotel Collection...Milan, Dubai, and not near you soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 10:16 AM

That home could be in Milan, or Moscow, or Dubai, or Beijing, or London, or Frankfurt

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 10:23 AM

Antigua, ugh

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 11:17 AM

The location & outdoor living are beautiful. The indoor living does not match a beach house. I realize Armani loves his grays and near austere decor but for a beach house I'd rather embrace the light & airy with a lot of whites. The interior is just to gloomy for the beach IMO.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 11:24 AM

It's oddly drab, given the fabulous location. And the couches and living rooms seat 50. I guess he wasn't into intimate dinner parties.

Orgies, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 11:25 AM

All of his homes look like retail spaces or hotels.

Nice to look at and they photograph well.

Too sterile to live in though.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 11:45 AM

Nice home but at 86 all those steps must be a killer.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 12:42 PM

Seems pretty masculine to me.

Which could explain its lack of appeal to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 12:47 PM

Of course, the critics live in a place such as this. 250 sq ft. 8th floor walk-up in Queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!