Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm getting used to being officially alone

I think when this is over, I'll want to continue to hibernate.

People suck. They stab you in the back. TV and films give us an inaccurate and unrealistic idea of what relationships should be like.

I love books, watching TV, masturbating....I don't ever have to be around anyone again; it might be nice if I could find decent people, though.

Admittedly, I live in LA.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 4:15 AM

Just wondering how old you are OP? I find that the older I am getting the more I feel the way you describe.

A lot of people are real assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 2:11 AM

I don’t ever want to go into an office building again.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 2:11 AM

Lucky you have another year to make up your mind...

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 2:11 AM

I have to poop

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 2:11 AM

I love you OP

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 2:15 AM

I disagree. I miss a good mix of social life, even being with strangers - at the opera or sitting on a beach, and I miss my fuck buddies. I don't have the pleasure to have a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 2:16 AM

I'll always be alone and it's not so scary the older I get

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 2:19 AM

I'm happy I have good friends. I'm also happy to be alone in my thoughts and physically. A good mix works for me. I'm just a little sad for you OP.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 2:22 AM

Me too OP. People are highly overrated. Once a month or so, seems like a good compromise in being social.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 2:32 AM

OP here; thanks for the kind words.

Especially you, R5.

R4, I hope everything works out okay.

I still want closeness; reliable friends. Someone I can trust.

I don't know whether or not I've ever had that in life or if I've just lied to myself.

I just wish I could truly let it go.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!