Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Black leaders to Biden: pick a black woman or lose the election

More than 100 prominent Black men released a strongly worded open letter Monday, warning Biden that not picking a Black woman would cost him the election. The signatories of the letter included rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs, radio show host Lenard McKelvey (a.k.a. Charlamagne tha God), actor Cedric Kyles (a.k.a. Cedric The Entertainer), commentator Van Jones, Bishop William J. Barber and civil rights attorney Ben Crump, among others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote] The signatories of the letter included rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs, radio show host Lenard McKelvey (a.k.a. Charlamagne tha God), actor Cedric Kyles (a.k.a. Cedric The Entertainer), commentator Van Jones, Bishop William J. Barber and civil rights attorney Ben Crump, among others.

Some of these are NOT like the others. Why the fuck should Biden give a rat's ass about Charlamagne or Sean Combs's opinion?

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 11:58 PM

What is the point of this? Didn't we just have a black PRESIDENT, who was re-elected for a second term? Is this country going to turn into Zimbabwe?

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 12:00 AM

They will vote for kayne if he doesn’t. I wish they would stop this kind of pressure. Let the man pick. Had he picked August 3rd. This wouldn’t be out there.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 12:28 AM

It's incredible to me that CNN asks people like Charlamagne to come on the network and provide their "expert" political opinions. When did CNN become so shitty?

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 12:30 AM

And the Circular Firing Squad begins again.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 12:31 AM

"black leaders"....LOL

Also, STOP capitalizing the "b" in black.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Yell it to the Washington Post, R6, it’s their copy.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 12:49 AM

LOL - good luck with the empty threat.

Or, if not empty - better luck with your lives with another four years of cheeto.

The level of stupid is astounding.

GET YOUR FREAKIN PRIORITIES STRAIGHT - MORONS.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 12:50 AM

That’ll really sell with voters in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin etc...Biden being led around by the nose by Charlamagne tha God, Nick Cannon and P Diddy.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 1:14 AM

“If you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black!”

“Unlike African-Americans, Hispanic communities are very diverse.”

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 1:20 AM

The stupidest thing Joe Biden could do right now is NOT pick a black female VP. He's where he is to day because of black women. He has momentum because of black women. Only an idiot would risk messing that up. To not pick a black women introduce a lot of uncertainty and 2020 is not the year for any more uncertainty. We need to get the monster out of the White House. And staying the course of what got you to the party and may help him get the Senate too is the way to go.

He's got a good thing going. No need to screw it up.

As for [R2], It's always so sad to see just how bigoted and racist the LGBTQ community can be.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 1:31 AM

Bring back the smoke filled room.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 1:35 AM

Blacks only make up 12 or 13% of the American population. They will not determine the outcome of the Presidential election. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 1:37 AM

R13 That's actually not really true. In terms of the popular vote, no. But in terms of the electoral college, very much so. Most of the swing states are still relatively close. A slight shift of black voters to Trump or a large group staying home would kill Biden's chances. That's also why Republicans work so hard to repress black votes. They can make the difference in tight races.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 1:41 AM

Biden can't give in to this blatant extortion.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 1:56 AM

R11 sounds insane

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 1:58 AM

leaders to trump - EAT SHIT AND DIE

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 2:02 AM

This letter bugs me. Everybody's got a right to weigh in but planting the seed the election will be lost if he doesn't choose the way the Van Jones gang has decreed he must choose - it puts a stain on the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote] Is this country going to turn into Zimbabwe?

Eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 2:18 AM

Children threatening a tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 2:21 AM

R15, I think Biden et al see it as exactly that. I hope he doesn’t cave.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 2:22 AM

R14 Hispanic/Latinos now make up the largest minority voting bloc. We need to start paying more attention to them and trying to get their vote - they will actually have a bigger influence in the election than blacks.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 2:24 AM

R22, very fragmented group.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 2:26 AM

If Dems lose a few percentages of or depress the black vote, Democrats lose and will be reminded of the Great Error of 2020 forever

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 2:27 AM

r16 sounds racist.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 2:31 AM

r4 I think it's because there are no real Black leaders. There are politicians but none who has emerged as THE voice for change and justice. There are academics like Henry Louis Gates and Cornel West but no one like Jesse Jackson who used to be the voice for the Black community. No one who is out there commenting on what is happening or holding anyone feet to the fire fighting for social change or fighting over social injustice.

Journalism is trash, propaganda, so they look for a mouthpiece from the Black community that fills their need for sensationalist bullshit. I'm surprised they didn't get Dave Chapelle or Donald Glover.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 2:50 AM

Charlamagne is huge among young black Americans. He is very influential

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 2:52 AM

[quote] Charlamagne is huge among young black Americans. He is very influential

Wait, let me reach out to Joe Rogan for his political opinion, be right back!

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 2:55 AM

R26

Did you miss the entire BLM movement, the biggest movement in decades?

Yes, there are leaders. They might not be as well-known, or be in the box you want them to be, but they’re here.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 2:55 AM

r23 is right, the Hispanic community is not a monolith when it comes to politics. A large segment of Hispanics are white or consider themselves white. I'm seeing this in entertainment (crews), lots of people with Spanish last names who are indistinguishable for any ole white person. And when it comes down to diversity who do you think is going to get the attention? The white looking guy whose name is Moreno or the brown skinned Hispanic guy who looks "Mexican"?

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 2:59 AM

Using the name Charlemagne is cultural appropriation.

What's this guy's real name?

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 3:06 AM

Black people put Biden back in the game; it wasn't Van Jones' crowd of entertainers.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 3:07 AM

Ok, fine. I'll be his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 3:08 AM

Why don’t Republicans ever get backed up into corners like this? They’re just allowed to dick around and fuck up the country more and more and no one ever calls them out.

And then you have this ridiculousness. Fuck them. Do they WANT to throw the election to Trump?

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 3:14 AM

Republicans get in line because winning is everything to them

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 3:15 AM

Bingo r35.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 3:17 AM

I'm a black woman and I'll be voting for Biden even if he had Ronald McDonald as his VP.

Look, my fellow black people are the last people to threaten the ONLY Presidential nominee who can rescue us all from this goddamn lunatic trump. It makes no sense for these Black leaders to basically threaten Biden to select Harris or Rice OR lost the election. Biden will be fine if he loses, which he won't. It's blacks and other POC who will continue to lose if trump wins in November.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 3:20 AM

R34, evangelicals needed convincing. Pence helped.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 3:20 AM

R34, yes, they do want to throw the election to Trump. They’re telling black people that if Biden doesn’t do an affirmative action hire, and instead actually picks whoever passes the vetting the best, they will tell all their fans to refuse to vote. They’re threatening a boycott of the election by blacks.

These people care absolutely nothing about the welfare of the average American, who will suffer horribly if Trump is re-elected. We’ll have another Great Depression and we’ll be a fascist state. And they don’t care at all. And they have money and will be totally insulated from all the suffering they foist in the poor and uneducated that listen to them.

That’s about as despicable as it gets. They don’t give a damn about anybody but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 3:22 AM

R37 perfectly illustrates the failures of the Black community and the US political system.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 3:24 AM

Blacks fought and died for the right to vote. And these assholes want to tell them to boycott voting? How much did Trump pay them? It must be a lot.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 3:31 AM

"The stupidest thing Joe Biden could do right now is NOT pick a black female VP"

Sadly, there just isn't any qualified right now. Fishing around for sistahs who got sassy during a hearing or impeachment is not enough.

Maybe 2024?

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 3:32 AM

I suppose there's possible leverage in 2024 if Van and the gang can threaten: you saw what happened last time.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 3:35 AM

I want the best qualified person.. a person who will help the Democrats win. I’m not voting for someone black... no different than voting for someone white. I’m voting for the right candidate

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 3:35 AM

Van Jones is suddenly a lot less sexy to me.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 3:36 AM

This is a foreign division operation that was first hatched in social media and the spread by mainstream idiots.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 3:45 AM

Those fuckers are hard core, R46, pardon my French. Of course when I tried to tell everybody that, no one would listen.

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 3:47 AM

Oh, is this the same Van Jones who fucking gargled Trump's balls on police reform? What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 3:51 AM

The fucking audacity of Van Jones who is another sellout.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 4:02 AM

Why would they do this?

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 6:57 AM

Uh, oh. Kamala wouldn't qualify then?

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2020 7:25 AM

Would it be too much to ask for you all to type the few extra characters so we have ‘Black people’ instead of ‘blacks’?

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2020 7:45 AM

Somebody who is unelectable may be able to ride Biden’s coattails on the bottom of the ticket, but they can’t threaten their way into getting people to vote for them in 2024. It will be Hillary all over again.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2020 7:54 AM

Hillary was unelectable?

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2020 8:55 AM

Elizabeth Warren is topping the polls. The American people are picking her in representative surveys. We are in dire trouble. We need here in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2020 9:53 AM

How many of these black leaders are secret republicans?

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2020 10:19 AM

Wonder why they thought this was necessary? It seems so hostile in a situation where it's almost guaranteed he would pick a black woman anyway. Now they've introduced the idea that "Biden had to pick a black woman because the blacks forced him to" which isn't true, of course, but Repugs and dirtbag leftists are going to scream about until November, and it's really soured the whole process.

People are jerks when politics are involved. This group didn't need to flex like this. I wish they hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2020 10:23 AM

Well that's the most responsibility Black men have ever shown for Black women.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2020 10:24 AM

my guess is that Susan Rice will be on biden's transition team, She can be debriefed on national security and pandemic because she has clearance.

Looks like they want Gretchen Whitmer. She can help flip the rust belt and no loss to congress. Obama is deciding on this pick. They must have internal numbers. Polls show Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2020 10:35 AM

r11, for what it's worth, glancing at r2's posts makes me think they're not gay. They're some conspiracy theory QAnon lady posting on trans, Meghan Markle, and political threads.

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2020 10:35 AM

[quote]This is a foreign division operation

Usually I scoff at these kinds of statements but it's obvious that SOMETHING is up with Trump family pal Van Jones, who has been trying to throw a wrench in the Democratic machine for months now. Is he just a rightwinger being a typical rightwing scumbag or is there more there?

by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2020 10:39 AM

What message would he send? Um, that’s he’s looked at the numbers and this will get him more votes?

I like Kamala but it’s his decision b

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2020 10:42 AM

Great. Now they've put him in the position of looking like a weakling if he chooses a black woman as VP, as well as tarring the VP forever with "she was only chosen because The Blacks forced Biden to do so; she isn't really qualified."

Do these assholes want Trump to win? Also, did they check with every black person in the US before speaking for them?

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2020 10:44 AM

The more I think about it, R63, the more I think that was the whole point of this. It wasn't to make demands, it was to make it look like Biden caved to THEIR demands.

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2020 10:47 AM

Yes, we need every black vote possible. White men AND WHITE WOMEN voted for Trump over Hillary last time. Democrats shouldn't pander to them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2020 10:48 AM

Biden is going to lose if Trump just homes in on the safety issue. Biden cannot NOT support vandals. So he will lose if Trump is stupid enough not to call him out. Of course Trump probably is stupid enough.

Even the blacks in Chicago are pissed off at the looters because all the public transit is either closed or limited and they can't get anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2020 11:35 AM

Joe Biden is going to piss off many other voters if he caves to the demands of identity politics. I hope he picks someone he really feels he can work well with and let the chips fall where they may. If the pick isn't Black, then Chalamagne the God can sit on his fat ass or vote Trump if he isn't happy.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Van Jones = Jared Kushner’s Stepin Fetchit.

by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2020 11:59 AM

I don’t think this letter even matters at all lol. The fact that people are turning it into this huge ordeal when it really has little to no impact on the election is strange.

by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2020 12:00 PM

R67, I agree in part. I think Biden should be held to account more - the electorate will be persuaded if they believe he stands for them - but the demands should be in terms of policy. Will his administration roll back on the policy of supplying police with surplus military gear, for example.

by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2020 12:01 PM

[quote] Biden is going to lose if Trump just homes in on the safety issue.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2020 12:03 PM

R27 But Charlemagne 'the God' recently admitted he went into therapy to reconcile with his fears, his past and issues he’d suppressed or ignored, such as selling crack to a woman in South Carolina.

He says the woman’s daughter ended up dropping out of school to take care of her, and he feels indirectly responsible

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2020 12:03 PM

[quote] Charlamagne is huge among young black Americans. He is very influential

Wait. Charlamagne is a GUY’S name?!

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2020 12:04 PM

[quote] I'll be voting for Biden even if he had Ronald McDonald as his VP.

I’d vote for Ronald McDonald if he had Biden as HIS VP. I don’t really care at this point. Anything to get rid of Klangerine.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 12:06 PM

P.S. Forgot Biden had addressed it, but not to the extent of making any commitments on the issue.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 12:10 PM

I don't know what if anything to read into it but last night on CNN when Anderson covered the letter (Cuomo was off, presumably having his ego reinflated) he ran down a brief list of signatories and did not name Van Jones. Not sure what it meant, if anything but it seemed odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2020 12:18 PM

[quote] Sadly, there just isn't any qualified right now. Fishing around for sistahs who got sassy during a hearing or impeachment is not enough.

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2020 12:40 PM

[quote] Wait. Charlamagne is a GUY’S name?!

Yes, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2020 12:44 PM

How is Duckworth not the solution to all this: she's half-Asian and very appealing to vets and centrist Midwesterners.

What are they going to say? "You picked an Asian woman instead of a Black woman - how dare you!"?

They can't say that. They'll say something adjacent, but they can't say that.

It'll be "You had four Black women, all qualified and viable [(yeah, right)], and you picked the one ASIAN? And she's half WHITE?" or something similar. It'll be particularly despicable, and it'll make the entire "let's crucify Biden for now picking a Black woman" campaign collapse. Especially if Duckworth proves very popular with swing voters.

I'm all for Whitmer or Duckworth. I want to see the media's collective head explode in frustration.

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2020 1:37 PM

R4, I see your point, but to suggest that blacks need a single voice to represent their community is dismissive of the wide rage of perspectives that have emerged from within the black community. Black conservatives, with varying degrees of politics, offer practical platforms & are virtually ignored by blacks. Gone is the monolithic political point of view among the black population. The problem with a single black leader to voice for the entire population these days is that he/she usually uses their pulpit to bend every black voice back to a single narrative. It's insane to believe that all whites be expected to subscribe to Donald Trump because he's white, so why would anyone assume that all blacks follow the same political/philosophical lines? Unfortunately, many white liberals & blacks think exactly that.

Demanding that a black woman be chosen as Biden's running mate is one of things that people just can't realize how ignorant it truly is, especially since most people think it's so progressive. It's nothing more than identity politics. Voting for ideas & platforms is how to vote, who best represents your ethical self. Blacks voting blacks, women voting women, so on and so on, means nothing. Assuming that all women or all blacks have the best interests of everyone who looks like them is just backward, flawed logic. Career politicians with selfish interests who are willing to unconscionably exploit their constituents come in all shapes & colors. Look at black & rural areas who voted for the same politicians based on identity election after election & see zero change in their communities. Unfortunately too little of the voting population is this expanded in the voting perspectives. Like I said, minorities voting for minorities is still widely considered necessary, correct & progressive.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote]Sadly, there just isn't any qualified right now.

And that includes Biden.

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2020 2:00 PM

Charlemagne needs to get cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 2:06 PM

These men are being dragged back and forth on social media lmao. Their influence is very minimal.

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2020 2:15 PM

[quote]What are they going to say? "You picked an Asian woman instead of a Black woman - how dare you!"?

I dunno... I heard Kamau Bell and Van Jones last night... whether they're on solid ground or not they are somewhere between adamant and entitled in their certainty it must be a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2020 2:25 PM

If Trump doesn’t pick a black lady, then Trump can pick Van Jones to replace Pence.

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2020 3:26 PM

I don't hear Latino or Asian people bitching and moaning about how they're owed whatever.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2020 3:28 PM

[quote] And that includes Biden.

Biden isn’t a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2020 3:28 PM

[quote] I'll be voting for Biden even if he had Ronald McDonald as his VP.

Ronald McDonald>>>>Charlamagne.

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2020 3:45 PM

The rightwing/election-meddling loons, trolls, and goons are losing their shit; this thread is a good example. The good news is that no one is paying attention to them. The bad news is that they are still around and at it, full speed.

Muriel, how about for the duration of the election, you post the geolocation of every post, noting those that are using VPNs and other tools to hide their whereabouts?

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote] (Cuomo was off, presumably having his ego reinflated)

It’s cute that you think it needs to be reinflated. All he has to do is look in the mirror and *bam* it’s back.

And I say this as a Cuomosexual.

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2020 3:51 PM

[quote] Wait. Charlamagne is a GUY’S name?!

[quote]Yes, dear.

Whatever happened to real guy names like Walter, Fred, Larry and Herb?

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2020 3:52 PM

[quote] That's actually not really true. In terms of the popular vote, no. But in terms of the electoral college, very much so.

Interesting that Democrats want to get rid of the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2020 4:31 PM

[quote]Yes, we need every black vote possible. White men AND WHITE WOMEN voted for Trump over Hillary last time. Democrats shouldn't pander to them anymore.

Many of those White Men and White Women has previously voted for Obama. Hillary was the problem in 2016. She was seen as out-of-touch and pandering by Middle America. Just like Biden is doing right now by caving to the demands of the likes of Joy Reid and Black celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2020 4:38 PM

Private jet news: plane from Rehobeth (He's not there right now, is he?) to Maine, back to Rehobeth. Of course Rice is all about Maine.

Betting odds say Rice for now.

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2020 6:37 PM

Disappointing if it's Rice. Says a lot. He thinks he's up by 10 in swing states.

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2020 6:41 PM

CNN: Biden's chosen the VP, has told top advisors. Announcement today or latest tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2020 6:47 PM

R95

People will be disappointed no matter who it is.

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2020 6:58 PM

R86

There is no comparison. Black people have historically been the most loyal to the Dems. Asians and Latinos have not. And in fact, Asians have only just recently shifted to Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2020 7:09 PM

In simplest terms, nobody in the country ever owned black or Latino people.

It's quite a gap.

When you think about it.

For a minute.

by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2020 7:11 PM

LOL... ASIAN OR LATINO PEOPLE.

I need to take my own advice!

by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2020 7:11 PM

Asian people don't complain because they can't be bothered. They're busy making money. Latinos just aren't engaged.

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2020 7:12 PM

Rice is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2020 7:51 PM

Susan Rice checked Snoop Dogg for calling Gayle King a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2020 7:57 PM

Anyone is better than Pence.

by Anonymousreply 104August 11, 2020 7:58 PM

Harris has a white husband. We're not satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 105August 11, 2020 10:17 PM

Register to VOTE NOW!

by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2020 1:00 AM

I already registered. This is my first time voting.

But I opted for mail-in and Trump is targeted mail-in and the USPS. Should I be worried?

by Anonymousreply 107August 12, 2020 1:09 AM

*targeting

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2020 1:10 AM

Happy NOW?

Okay, Register to VOTE.

Plan Now, how you are gong to deal with voter suppression in your state and district/county?

Thank you so much for your input. We went with it.

VOTE!

We really need you.

by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2020 1:32 AM

r93, If you think Biden caved and he wasn't his original pick you are really aren't following politics at all.

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2020 2:03 AM

[R13] is stupid and obviously doesn't understand how races are won. Take 5-10% of the vote on the low end away from a candidate in any Presidential race and the candidate will lose. Democrat strongholds would become tossups.

[R16] is insane.

[R42] Aren't any qualified? You're as insane as [R16] and then have the gall to throw out a racially stereotyped trope as cover. Bitch please!

[R60] I can agree with that assessment of [R2].

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2020 6:51 AM

Before I’d start slamming people as stupid, newb at r111, I would figure out how to properly reference a prior post.

by Anonymousreply 112August 12, 2020 12:45 PM

In the eyes of Black leaders and the community, Biden's choice couldn't be any worse. A Jamaican-American (not someone from the 'hood), who married White, and the greatest sin, Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 113August 12, 2020 12:54 PM

India 🇮🇳 in the House!

by Anonymousreply 114August 12, 2020 1:10 PM

[R112] I reference prior posts that way because I want to. It still properly shows and people know what it is. And FYI, I've been off and on DL for over 15 years STUPID!

by Anonymousreply 115August 12, 2020 5:46 PM

Oh you’ve been “off” alright.

And don’t sell yourself short. You haven’t been stupid for 15 years.

Unless of course you were trying to call me stupid, in which case you needed a comma. So maybe I’m wrong. Maybe you are.

by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2020 12:13 PM

[quote]Charlamagne is huge among young black Americans

No. He. Is. Not.

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Black leather to biden: wear me!

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2020 2:25 PM

[R116]. I wasn't TRYING to call you stupid. I called you stupid. And leaving out a comma didn't cause the fact that YOU were being called stupid to be lost on folks with good sense.

But you want to grammar check? I'll mention the commas that you should have added after the interjection and before and after "of course". And in [R112], go back and study antecedents. Either you're talking about what you think I need to do or you're talking about what you would do. Pick one.

In the future, try leaving near grammar perfection to those things intended to be nearly perfect.

Now go have a seat you stupid, simple biotch!

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2020 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!