Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Food Network Strikes New Talent Deal With Carla Hall

Carla Hall, a longtime Food Network contributor who has also logged stints on ABC’s “The Chew” and Bravo’s “Top Chef,” has struck a new talent pact with the Discovery-owned media property.

Hall’s new deal means she will work exclusively with Food Network across its linear and digital outlets, and will take part in “Halloween Baking Championship,” “Holiday Baking Championship,” “Worst Cooks in America,” and Food Network’s Kitchen app. Food Network said Hall “will now be looking to develop and bring to fruition new passion projects for Food Network audiences.”

“Carla Hall’s charismatic personality along with her passion for food comes through in everything she does – as a host and judge she has captivated our audience with her engaging wit and culinary expertise,” said Courtney White, president of Food Network. “I am so excited that Carla has joined our Food Network family, and our team is looking forward to working with her to create content and shows that entertain fans across all of our platforms.”

Hall graduated from Howard University with a business degree, but soon found while traveling around Europe that her passion for food could offer a potential career path. She completed her culinary training at L’Academie de Cuisine in Maryland, and worked in several professional restaurant kitchens in and around the Washington D.C. area, learning to blend her classic French training and Southern upbringing.

She has prepared cookbooks such as “Carla Hall’s Soul Food: Everyday and Celebration,” “Carla’s Comfort Food: Favorite Dishes from Around the World” and “Cooking with Love: Comfort Food That Hugs You.”

“The shows that I’ve been a part of over the years have been near and dear to my heart, and I’m looking forward to being on both the creative and talent side,” said Hall, in a statement. “Officially becoming part of the Food Network family will be a complete joy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2020 3:57 AM

What about "The Chew?"

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 11:26 PM

I LOVE HER!

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 11:30 PM

Worst Cooks in America?

Oooooh, Anne Burrell is going to be PISSED!

She really considers that show to be "hers."

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 11:31 PM

She sho is UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 11:33 PM

Love Halloween Baking Championship. What I don't understand is why the fuck they never give out the recipes.

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 11:33 PM

Love her too.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 11:52 PM

Love her. So happy for her success.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 11:58 PM

I love Carla! I hope she develops some good shows instead of the crap TFN currently broadcasts. I’d love to see some serious cooking instead of contests.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 12:00 AM

The nose 👃, you say?

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 12:01 AM

I've been enjoying her on Netflix's "Crazy Delicious."

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 12:02 AM

She was likeable during her time on Top Chef. Something changed during her time on The Chew in that she became loud, obnoxious and started making disastrous style choices. In that sense, she will be a perfect fit on Food Network.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 12:03 AM

There's no way that Carla will out shine Guy Fieri.

He's the King of the Food Network. Americans LOVE him. Carla, not so much.

But whatever. Try and make her "catch on," Food Network. I'll bet that she won't.

My guess is that this relationship will end within one year.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 12:10 AM

Everyone hates Guy Fieri.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 12:12 AM

I would hope they require her to wear a hairnet

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 12:14 AM

r14 I get so nervous when her witch nest hairdo gets close to food. especially when it's all wild .

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 12:15 AM

Sweetie R1, The Chew was cancelled a couple of years ago ...

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote] Everyone hates Guy Fieri.

Not true, R13.

Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives rules the weekend on Friday and Saturday. On both of those days, DDD dominates the Food Network.

Then on Wednesdays, Guy's Grocery Games dominates the FN schedule, practically all day.

Then there are specials like Guy's Big Bite, and he also hosted this big Food Network Celebrity Cook off challenge between 12 big name celebrity chefs.

That's THREE out of seven days that Guy Fieri occupies the programming schedule on the Food Network. Plus specials.

So yeah, you are very wrong. He's King of the Food Network.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 12:24 AM

I prefer Carla to be Joe Biden's VP pick, would Food Network allow that?

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 12:24 AM

R17, aka Guy Fieri's publicist, what I should have said was:

No one with any taste, intelligence, or appreciation for actual food likes Guy Fieri.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] R17, aka Guy Fieri's publicist

[quote] No one with any taste, intelligence, or appreciation for actual food likes Guy Fieri

Listen, idiot.

I'm just reporting the facts, whether you like them or not.

I also happen to watch the Food Network every single day, so I would know.

The only other person who gets a lot of time on FN is Bobby Flay. His "Beat Bobby Flay" show is also popular, but that's mostly on Thursdays.

Then there's Chopped, but it's not one single person. The judges rotate, so you can't point to one single person as making the show popular.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 12:30 AM

"There's no way that Carla will out shine Guy Fieri."

What an offensive thing to say.

FN gave everything over to that punk Fieri, or should I say FERRY, his real name (he ain't Italian). Bobby Flay came in second. But Ferry is on much less than he was five years ago, people are tired of him. And I'm talking about people I know who used to be addicted to his wiseassness. It wore thin, very very thin.

GO GET EM CARLA!

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 12:50 AM

Has anyone seen Carla and Tracee Ellis Ross in the same room?

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 12:57 AM

I actually like Carla Hall quite a bit, but haven't watched the ABSOLUTE TRASH that is the Food Network in YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 1:10 AM

Her "Chew" co-hosts are also on FN from time to time (well, Symon has always been on) ... except for Mario. I guess that won't happen anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 1:18 AM

Daphne Oz has been on "Beat Bobby Flay" and few other things, but I hope they don't give her any more exposure. She's the food world's equivalent of Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 2:22 AM

Id imagine something called "Beat Bobby Flay" would be popular. Id also watch something called "Impale the Property Brothers"

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 11:58 AM

She’s cool. Now they need to fire the dipshit Guy Ferry.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 12:13 PM

Readers reviews in the NYT when douchenozzle Guy Fieri's Times Square was closing:

I can picture Sarah Palin eating there. The class of people who ate there don't read newspapers. They don't read, period. Seriously, there's no such thing as a "fine-dining" restaurant in that kind of location or of that size. Not that Guy's place was ever intended to be such a place. I thought of it as more of a bad joke. This was strictly a tourist trap. I just feel sorry for the people who are now looking for work.

Finally. Surprised this dump stayed open for as long as it did; but then, the tourist rubes kept it in business when they couldn't get a table at Olive Gareden or Applebee's nearby. This douchenozzle Ferry and his chain restaurant machine crank out sugar loaded, weak "cocktails" and diabetes appetizers and heart-attack entrees that those in the hinterlands adore, but anyone with actual discerning taste and palate wouldn't be caught dead patronizing. I'm sure another tourist trap will take this massive cave over and close in 5 years (if lucky!).Real New Yorkers know-as do savvy tourists who do their homework-better than to eat in Times Square.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 1:04 PM

R20, read r28. Clearly he appeals to... certain people.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2020 3:32 AM

Suck it, Richard Blais!

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2020 3:37 AM

I've always been a fan. She has such a fun cheery personality. From the moment I first saw her on Top Chef I just knew she was going places.

Since the Food Network makes everything a competition, why not make her the teacher of a new show "Worst Bakers in America"?

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2020 3:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!