Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For the Love of God

Please stop spelling your name on the phone unless the line is bad. It's like double spacing after a period. It REEKS of not keeping up with the times.

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 12:44 AM

i'm a little bit confused

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 11:18 PM

“Smith...S m I t h- “

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 11:20 PM

I have a name that many people ask me to spell.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 11:21 PM

Depends, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 11:22 PM

PS i always double-space, except when triple-spacing, or quintuple-spacing

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 11:22 PM

Find “ “

Replace with “ “

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 11:23 PM

I have a weird name and nobody can spell it, especially over the phone. They think S is F, and they add a bunch of L’s for no reason. There are no L’s in my name and it doesn’t sound like there are either. People just randomly throw them in.

Should I just let stupid people wonder why they can never find my reservation or appointment?

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 11:23 PM

R5 sure takes up a lot of space.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2020 11:24 PM

and pray tell just who is the arbiter of "keeping up with the times"?

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2020 11:25 PM

Easy for you to say, you controlling shit, OP. My name doesn't appear on the screen of people I call, and I have had a terrible life of errors from turdy gripes such as you.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2020 11:34 PM

For the third time it's McKailuh NOT M'Kayla!!!

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 11:41 PM

From my experience, which is substantial, the only people who spell their names are ones which are frequently asked to spell them. The spelling of my name is unusual, so rather than waste my time waiting for the imbecile on the phone go through a dozen iterations, I spell it; it’s what most normal people would do. Which probably leaves OP out.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 11:49 PM

In spelling. it's interesting to hear what people from different regions use as phonetic examples. A lot of Midwesterners use common names ("B as in Bob, A as in Apple, T as in Tom"), whereas UK spellers use completely different references.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 12:00 AM

[OP] Calm Down Miss Brown!

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 12:26 AM

OP, you seem to be desperately looking for these right now. Here they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 12:36 AM

Poor OP. He sounds so stupid on the phone that people automatically assume he won't be able to spell the simplest of names

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 12:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!